Who Uses This Software?
Web-based platform that enables small to large businesses to create customizable graphs, prints and presentation slides with professional layouts, templates, frames, voice icons and more.
Average Ratings4,168 reviews
- Overall 4.7 / 5
- Ease of Use 4.7 / 5
- Customer Service 4.4 / 5
- Features 4.4 / 5
- Value for Money 4.6 / 5
- Starting Price US$9.95/month
- Pricing Details The pro version costs $9.95 per month, billed yearly.
- Free Version Yes
- Free Trial No
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Mobile - iOS Native
Mobile - Android Native
- Customisable Templates
- Drag & Drop
- Layout Management
- Media Library
- Multi-Screen Support
- Presentation Streaming
- Scripture Database
- Text Editor
- Content Management
- Custom Dashboards
- Filtered Views
- Relational Display
- Simulation Models
- Visual Discovery
- Data Visualisation
- Image Database
- Image Editor
- Data Import / Export
- Drag & Drop
- Interactive Elements
- Photos / Images
- Publishing / Sharing
- Revision History
- 3D Objects
- Animations & Transitions
- Audio Content
- Collaboration Tools
- Customisable Templates
- Media Library
- Offline Editing
- Offline Presenting
- Screen Sharing
- Video Content
Canva Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 5/11/2019
Beautiful Designs Anyone Can Use
Comments: Overall, Canva has been a blessing to our small company. What once took us hours of design work now gets 90% of the way there in less than 10 minutes. This is the definition of business leverage, and I applaud Canva's efforts to make design work easy, fun, and often inspiring. The fact that it's not as flexible as, say, Adobe Illustrator, is admittedly an apples-to-oranges criticism. The iLife comparison above is an apt one, as it empowers the 99% of the population who want to be able to create really nice designs without having to rely on niche industry-specific software. Canva is to design as iMovie was to video editing—it democratizes the field and allows anyone to look like professionals to the average consumer. This is nothing short of magic and Canva is invaluable to our business as a result.
Pros: Simply put, Canva makes anyone look like a design rockstar. In our industry (real estate), it's shocking how ubiquitous Canva has become in less than 5 years, and that is 100% attributable to the fact that it's easy to use and comes stock with hundreds of pieces of design inspiration. It's not often that you can a single piece of software raises the bar for small business advertising and marketing, but Canva definitely fits that bill.
Cons: The flip side of raising the bar is that, well, the bar for quality is now raised and Canva isn't always the best about helping its users rise above this new "average." For instance, the pre-built designs are so good that you see them everywhere now, and you can spot a "Canva-like" design a hundred yards away. This wouldn't be a problem, except that Canva actually makes it hard to customize designs too much. I know that's a strange thing to say since, literally, you can customize any part of a Canva design, but the software seems to fight you every step of the way. I suppose, in a way, this too is by design. Canva takes its inspiration from early Apple iLife suite of software (iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, Garage Band, etc)—you can make some awesome stuff in 5-30 minutes, so long as you're willing to conform your design vision to theirs. Going beyond that surface level of customization, you'll begin wrestling with the software and get diminishing returns.
Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Learning at Ease
Comments: Overall, We recommend Canva as a good choice for designing in an effortless away. This program is not only easy to learn but also easy to use and requires no user experience whatsoever. Also, this program offers students a remarkable platform to express their learning skills and design their custom illustrations.
Pros: Designing: Canva is ideal for students as it aids them in designing posters and infographics. It provides an excellent platform for students to show their skills as it helps them express what they've learned. Canva is remarkable in designing class flyers as it helps users to express their imagination and creativity as it provides tons of opportunities for designing in every possible aspect. Customized illustrations: Canva helps its users to design, edit and create images as their preference. Canva is also equipped with templates that can be used as per the requirement for graphic designing. Additionally, designing for different formats comes in handy too with Canva.
Cons: Text: If Canva users wish to add up any sort of text in their designing they won't be able to do so, it is because users are unable to add up any sort of text and they only have to rely on the templates which are quite frustrating for its users. Limited features: Although Canva is a great program, not everything comes for free, In the free version, users are only equipped with limited features. To gain access to all of its features the users have to pay for it. Also, some of their features are to be paid in foreign currency only which can a little frustrating for its users.
Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Canva General Review
Comments: Canva is to my opinion the best software that can be used to create and publish any graphic design on the go. Publishing on social media has never been that easy, no need to calculate the image dimensions (Width x Height) set by different social media platforms... Canva does that automatically for you.
- Canva is so easy to use with beautiful and instinctive UI design, great user experience too.
- It has a free version with readily available design templates which just needs to be customized according to your liking.
- It's a relatively cheap software compared to others in the same category.
- Canva has mobile applications too where you can create designs on the go and it syncs all your created designs created, irrespective of the platform you used.
- Canva makes it so easy to create our social media posts for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn as well as posters we use to advertise offline as well as presentations during student/faculty training.
- Besides our company, Canva is widely used among content creators (e.g Bloggers, YouTubers to create video thumbnails) hence a large audience uses this which influenced our decision to choose Canva as a photo design software.
Cons: - Repetitive designs might be found across the web as everyone uses the same design templates.
Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Graphic Design Simplified
Comments: Canva solves a lot of design requirements problems & helps in in-housing graphic design for simple daily needs like social media and also presentations. Canva saves time, efforts and money for small and medium businesses that are running social media and some marketing all by themselves / small in-house teams with small budgets. Would say a must-have tool for all size of businesses as well as for personal purposes (will come in handy for all those e-invites, kids craftwork, etc).
1. Develop almost all of your creatives required - all by yourself & without any need of hiring an expensive professional designer.
2. Easy to use for most of the simple social media creatives.
3. The free version is good enough for most tasks - but the paid version adds a few features that will make it really good.
4. The new presentations feature is good - make a big push to visually appealing presentation decks - but may not be serious competition to Microsoft PowerPoint - but has features that are not there in PowerPoint.
5. Great Editing features from photo editors, logo makers, etc are very useful and take simple designs a long way.
6. The templates available are there for most of your requirements - they make life very easy and makes your designs look professional.
1. Good for beginners and intermediate users - the experts will see a lot of missing features - especially when compared to Photoshop (Illustrator and Corel Draw are way above & are for experts only) which has most design features & has a similar price per month as well.
2. Video editing capability is missing - although they have a GIF capability which can be downloaded as a video file, you can't stake stock videos and edit them o add them to your videos. This is a serious feature missing as video content is the mainstay of most businesses & highly in demand by everybody.
3. There is a learning curve here - this may not be to use the software tool - but for design & creativity itself and the resources available on Canva are limited in this aspect.
4. Limited images available - even the paid ones are not that good - not sure why there is no tie-up with a Shutterstock & the ilk.
5. Sizes for banner ads are very limited - like there are so many ad sizes say for Google Ads which can be made standard (there is a custom dimension - but each time you will have to look up the specs and then create your dimensions).
Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Design anything. Literally.
Comments: Canva is the first software I think of when I don't have so much time to create graphic designs. It features a huge variety of layouts and tools to create beautiful designs in a short amount of time. For social-media-lovers like me and for content creators, this is one of the best things already invented. Canva makes everything easier in a world where, more and more, time is money. I have a great experience of using Canva and I really recommend it to everyone I know.
Pros: For many, including me, Canva can be a divine sign or really the savior of the motherland. It features a huge variety of formats, layouts and tools, for basically any graphic material you might think of doing. Social media, work presentations, logos, cards, invitations, posters, ads, photo albums, ebooks and even resume! You can create all of this and more using Canva. And the best is the ease of use. You only have to choose a layout and customize it however you want. You can change the color of the text and some vectors, change fonts and more. It's a great software to exercise your creativity - even when you're not on a very creative day, because the software already gives you the almost ready work, you only need to adjust it according to your ultimate goal. Canva presents a great image bank that covers several categories, making it really easy for you to choose the right image for your project without having to leave the page. Some images are free and very good, but there are the paid pictures also. They are great and the price is affordable - you might not mind paying, depending on your project. It's really hard to find defects in Canva.
Cons: Even with those beautiful designs presented, some of the best ones are not totally free. Sometimes the complete design comes with a price, and other times some of the images used on it come with a price. If you can pay for them, this clearly does not prove to be a problem. If you can not afford it, there are the free images – but maybe some images do not show the best quality after download. Depending on the project you are designing, this can be a problem. For me, in the case of creating content for social networks (because the measures of these networks do not require a giant resolution), this has never been a problem. I can create beautiful arts for social media without any problem. And finally there's a Canva "problem" that I really LOVE to have: the variety of layouts it presents is soooo great that sometimes it takes me too long to pick one, hahahaha.