• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About AWeber

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber

Ben marcoux (.
  • Reviewed on 2/03/2021

"AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing"

Comments: I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

Pros: The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

Cons: I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

• Reviewed on 2/03/2021
Fabian D.
digital marketer
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"The Aweber Review"

Comments: Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Pros: Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

Cons: The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Lesley E.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2021

"Brilliant For My Monthly Email To Subscribers"

Comments: I love that there is always someone there to help if you have any problems and it is sorted immediately.

Pros: Fantastic email templates. Very easy to add subscribers. Sending a monthly newsletter is now so simple.

Cons: There is nothing that I have found to be detrimental. It works extremely smoothly. I have tried many email senders & this is the best.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2021
Richard C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

"Makes life easier"

Comments: First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros: the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons: im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

by AWeber Communications on 25/11/2019

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

Michelle D.
Owner, Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Not Great for Small Business"

Comments: This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros: It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons: It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

by AWeber Communications on 6/04/2020

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Djordje M.
Senior Adviser
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2020

"Top email marketing tool"

Comments: From the start, everything was clear for me, and I got into the software almost immediately. Every further step I have made was smooth, and what I expected. It saves a lot of time and makes sure that your emails will be delivered. Also, you get great analytics, which helps you plan for your next steps.

Pros: This software has everything that I could imagine I will need for my email campaigns. Also, there handling of potential spam mail is excellent. When you do the campaign using this software, likely, you would not have problems with your emails being characterized as spam.

Cons: To be affordable, you need to have a large number of subscribers and mail campaigns. It is not for small users or companies that have sporadic email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2020
Laura B.
Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

"Good value"

Comments: I chose this on the recommendation of my VA who noted the list segmentation was excellent for my business. Excellent customer care for questions.

Pros: Fairly easy to use, can segment list to organise contacts into categories of interest for relevant contact, a lot of good customer support and training.

Cons: It is a learning curve getting started (for a non-techie) - but otherwise nothing to deter future use and loyalty.

Jack H.
Director / Trainer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Powerful Email Marketing Management"

Comments: Having used Aweber for a few different reasons (online training program delivery, marketing funnel, client newsletter and updates) it has definitely been my go to software for email marketing. It is competitively priced and the functionality you get for the cost is great.
I would suggest spending a period of time familiarizing yourself with (or watching Youtube demos) and testing the software though before adding in real clients.

Pros: Many different templates make it easy to create emails.
Easy to use styling keeps emails looking professional and in keeping with brand.
Competitively priced.
Autoresponders - setting up an email series has been fantastic for setting up new clients to our programs without bombarding them with information all at once.

Cons: It takes a little while to work your way around the navigation.
The ability to split test emails to see which get a better response would be useful.

by AWeber Communications on 31/12/2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! I noticed your comment about being able to split test emails. We have this feature, and we'd be happy to help you get started with it. Give our customer solutions team a call and we can help you out.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
  • Reviewed on 4/09/2018

"Email Marketing taken to a whole new level"

Comments: Aweber is a high end email marketing option. If you are serious about Email marketing, Aweber is a good place to start. I feel more professional and in control using Aweber for my blog subscriptions.

Pros: What I like most about Aweber the analytics that the application offers. Compared to other email marketing software in the market, Aweber offers the most specific options in terms of targeting people around the emails they get. For example, Aweber if you send out an email with a particular offer and someone opens it but doesn't click the offer, you are able to know this and decide on the next action to take to convince them to check out your offer. Another thing I like about Aweber is the fact the Customer support. They respond quickly and are very friendly and helpful - they know their staff.

Cons: Compared to Mailchimp, Aweber doesn't have very beautiful designs for your email. This is one thing I like least about the software. Another disadvantage is that the user has to have a good understanding of the application in order to reap the most from it. The good thing is there is a lot of documentation and Youtube videos online explaining how to make the most of the software

• Reviewed on 4/09/2018
Craige hardel -.

"Fastastic product"

Comments: it's been really good to use actually and integrates with my website page builder which is awesome

Pros: Aweber really works well, integrate with almost anything and has awesome support

Cons: automation features are lacking. Something more complex can be cumbersome to setup

Ben T.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"From Hero to Zero"

Comments: It's a shame Aweber fell from our grace so monumentally. I'd been a loyal customer for several years, but when things went wrong they did so so disastrously and caused real damage to our business. When you're emailing thousands of people, technical glitches are not OK, especially if they can't be explained. Ironically, it's only been moving to another provider that has really served to highlight how dated Aweber is.

Pros: AWeber was my first email marketing system and I was happy with it for several years. It's fairly easy to use despite having a rather clunky and old-fashioned interface. Email deliverability is reasonably good and the support team responds quickly. It's also staffed with people and not bots.

Cons: Sadly, Aweber completely destroyed an email campaign and lost me money. I had set up a sequence of emails and twice been on to support so they could confirm it was done correctly. When the time came, the emails went out in the wrong order, annoying customers I'd spent years building up and making our company look very unprofessional. Despite personal phone calls and apologies, Aweber seemed to lose interest and have yet to explain what happened.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Content Manager
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Great email deliverability!"

Comments: We acquired a business who was already using Aweber, so we decided to continue with it. It has really helped our email deliverability and their customer support is always providing tips and tricks to further improve.

Pros: I've used several different CRMs and Aweber is one of the best. Its easy to navigate, has excellent customer service / support, and has great email deliverability.

Cons: The little options to format an email using drag and drop feature.

by AWeber Communications on 6/02/2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We've recently made several improvements to our drag-and-drop email editor, and we'd love to learn more about what you're looking for in the editor. If you're willing to share more, please contact our Customer Solutions team.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Judyann L.
Mental Health Care, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2019

"Excellent Midlevel Email Management"

Comments: A great company to work with. They've been known to extend support and information to people after the account has been closed. The deliverability records are great The ability to measure and fix the potential spam level on emails is invaluable.

Pros: Super knowledgebase and active support.
Priced competitively for mid-level email lists and up to larger numbers
Active spam meters on email content
Many options for attractive forms
Form designs can be manipulated to fit business theme
Forms can be designed independently
Lists are separate

Cons: Some of the email themes are a little heavy for fast delivery

by AWeber Communications on 6/02/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback, JudyAnn!

• Reviewed on 8/01/2019
Christian S.
MoneyWiseAlpha.com Founder & Cryptopreneur
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2020

"Aweber is a Dependable Bulk Mailer with Great Support!"

Comments: I have used Aweber to get email subscribers for my mailing list and set up autoresponders. Aweber makes managing your mailing list fairly easy to do.

Pros: Aweber is fairly easy to use tool for managing your email subscribers, setting up autoresponders, and sending out bulk emails. Their support staff is also very easy to contact. They also have a very good affiliate program. There is also a good 30-day trial period.

Cons: Well, I noticed that when sending out bulk emails to Microsoft based email address that the read rate is much lower so this indicates that more messages are being filtered out as spam. I also wish that Aweber had more options in terms of sales funnels and setting up a webinar type of page.

• Reviewed on 3/02/2020
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2019

"Great email marketing service that just works"

Pros: I like that the software works great, has a multitude of tools and deliverability is top notch.

Cons: It can get pricey for a larger email list.

by AWeber Communications on 6/02/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate your business. We'd love to learn more about your account and see if there are any cost saving opportunities. Please contact our Customers Solutions team - we'd be happy to look into this for you.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2019
Dave M.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2016

"Windows ten"

Comments: It is by far the worst program I have ever used ten hour downloads slow support and constant crashes

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Slow speeds and crashes

• Reviewed on 8/10/2016
Andrew B.
Artist/Owner
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2016

"Pretty good."

Comments: I'm still new to running my business 100% on my own so a lot of marketing programs out there confuse me. This however seems easy enough at this point. I like that almost everything I need is included and if my customer base grows I have the option to upgrade my account to adjust accordingly without overspending. So far it seems great I will leave a more detailed review after my trial ends.

Pros: It's very convienient to be able to manage my payment according to how many subscribers I have instead of over paying for what I'm not even using. I love that sign up forms Analytics, Integrations Image Hosting and stock photos are also included and easy to use. I don't have to have multiple programs open at the same time to complete a task.

Cons: So far I'm just learning to navigate the app and I have no complaints. I wish it were somewhat cheaper but the price is A LOT better than most.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2016
Efrain A.
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2021

"Easy To Use But Powerful Tool"

Comments: Would continue to use it for my current lead gen.

Pros: Very easy to use and quickly to implement your email campaigns

Cons: Would like to see better templates to create better funnels

• Reviewed on 12/01/2021
Erica J.
Broadcast Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Not really worth it"

Comments: Overall I did not have a good experience but stuck around out of convenience.

Pros: The convenience to sync with other softwares like wordpress, most any other third party site connected with Aweber.

Cons: Not worth the price. Customer service regularly gave differing responses when looking for tech support. The number of errors and low functionality of the forms were bad as well.

by AWeber Communications on 15/05/2020

Hi Erica. Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate your honesty. We'd love to learn what specific functionality you felt was missing from the forms. We're always open to new ways to improve our product to help our customers.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
CFO at Wyss Family Clinic of Chiropractic, Pediatric Chiropractor
Alternative Medicine, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2019

"Makes Email Followup easy"

Comments: I'm excited to learn more about all the functions and capabilities possible.

Pros: Emails can be templated and timed for delivery. Accessible with many other programs to integrate with.

Cons: A learning curve comes with this product to first build lists, maki g sure imports go to correct lists and making a blast or template.

Valerie B.
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2017
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2017
Youtuber
Animation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Very Good"

Comments: Very helpful for people who need help with certain things

Pros: Email Marketing is very important and helpful for people trying to run their business.

Cons: Its a bit old fashioned but it makes up for it by being such a great product

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020
Lisa D.
Admin assistant
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2021

"Easy for new companies"

Comments: It was good in the beginning but as the company got bigger there were other email marketing companies that provided much more features for similar cost.

Pros: Easy to import customers, create and segment lists. Free if you have less than 500 contacts so great for new companies that are just starting to generate income.

Cons: Unable to crop or make any edits to photos in the software. Formatting for blocks sometimes was off when the email went out.

• Reviewed on 4/03/2021
Mufaddal M.
Director - Business Operations
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2019

"average marketing and pricy"

Pros: Building campaigns is very easy. You will find at least one email template that matches your business needs

Cons: Price. Competitors offer cheaper rates or at least free for a certain number of contacts / emails. Email deliveribility could also improve

Hi Mufaddal,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm sorry you're experiencing less-than-stellar deliverability. Please contact our Customer Solutions team to see if there's anything we can do to help you improve those rates.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2019