New and Improved

Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Stephanie G.
Spa Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

Pros: I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool is that you can now see when a client is booking an appointment online that way you are not trying to compete with anyone online trying to book. I hated in the past where I would be booking a client at the desk and right when I went to book, it said that I was not able to. Come to find out when I refreshed the page it was because someone else had booked it online. It truly makes a huge difference with these little improvements that they made.

Cons: One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing up on their account under the appropriate tab therefore some clients have not showed up for their appointment and we can't charge if they can prove they didn't see it online. I try to see if they have duplicate accounts as well but they do not. And lastly, every now and again Booker will give us booking issues while trying to book for any of our services, it will state that the appointment cannot book because no equipment is available however, I know that is not the case. That is frustrating because we have to then just create a block out on the schedule with the client's service along with their information but they don't receive any emails through the system when it is booked that way.

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

Reviewed on 19/08/2017
Denise J.
Massage Therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros: I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone meet people to hand deliver gift certificates. I don't have a receptionist or assistant to assist in these matters. I love the fact that I have my very own App to give to my clients so they can save ME to their phones and book on line any time of the day or night, without having to try to find me first. I'm just a click away. The best part is that after you set up your booker to work with your website, it just makes scheduling my clients appts soooo much easier. They get an email notification with Appt details and directions. Then an appt reminder 24 hrs before their Appt so they can click the confirm button, so I don't have to make confirmation calls the day before, then a text reminder notification 3 hours before their Appt which cuts down on no shows, and late cancellations. I love it!!

Cons: I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients much confusion when trying to book, and me soooo much stress, because what good is it if I always have to call them anyway when they are trying to schedule on line?? This defeats the whole purpose of online scheduling. This needs to be fixed and upgraded. Another thing. The mobile app is limited to its back of the house functionality. It's very easy to schedule appts, but looking up Gift Certificate numbers and entering them for payment after a client redeems them is time consuming and not user friendly. I also wish I had Email/ text Marketing built in so I could send my clients daily, weekly and monthly specials. There are days that I would love to send out a quick text telling my clients what time slots I have available. This would be soooooo easy since all of their contact info is already in the system. I would also like to see yearly reports and just imagine how great it would be if the accounting software was built right in! All in one place! Now that would make Booker the leader in the industry!

by Booker on 29/08/2017

Denise -
Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact [email protected]

We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock!

Complete Program

Lindsey T.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love using Booker because it truly does everything I need it to. Not only is all your customer tracking in one place, I can easily override a schedule, track inventory, check my estheticians clock-in and out times, but all the merchant services and marketing with Frederick is also build in to make it a complete system. If I ever have a question, there are so many way to easily get it answered. Usually if I'm wondering, someone else has been too- so I can find it in the community boards, but if its truly technical, the chat is a quick and convenient way that I can still answer the phone as it rings, because the help line isn't tying up the phones or my hands. Frederick tracks emails, so if a client says they never got a reminder, I can double check that the system did indeed send one and with texts working better, more clients are loving the frequent reminders. Having the app option allows me to track the schedule from home also. Truly, I've looked at other software programs, but they just can't stand up to what Booker is able to do. Booker is just faster, easier, sleeker, and more intelligent.

Pros: Integration of scheduling, merchant services, marketing, reporting. Everything I need in one place to run the business. I don't have to import or export information to run reports or go through multiple programs to send out reminder texts, ring up a client to check out, and check hours worked by employees.

Cons: There are a few things that the system just doesn't do intelligently where I have to override certain scheduling rules (Example: if an appointment was scheduled in room 2 with one girl, and i want to change it to another girl, it will not automatically switch it to room one. It will just say it isn't available.) So I have to go through round-about ways to override it to get it done, but those are just nit-picking.

by Booker on 1/02/2017

Thank you for your detailed feedback Lindsey. We appreciate it and are so happy that Booker is working well for you and your business.

You rock! Thank you for using Booker!

Gregory O - Superb Customer Service Experience

Reviewed on 25/11/2016
Tom R.
Owner / Operations Director
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I want to sincerely thank Booker for the excellent service provided by Gregory O, during several recent requests we made; He has gone above and beyond, even supplying me with a level of data and assistance I was previously told would not be possible to get. He did it in an extremely expeditious and efficient manner and again affirms our confidence that Booker is the leading platform in our industry. Thanks again for providing such a great business tool and we look forward to using booker for many years to come.

Pros: The "all in one nature" of the platform but also the ability to have an online store that links to our actual inventory and pricing levels in real time. The confirmation email for appointments are a great asset to in terms of revenue loss prevention and saves time for our staff, not to mention our clients love the convenience. The pre-authorization of credit cards is a great function again for loss prevention.

Cons: 1, There have been times recently were the downtime or stability (slowness) of the platform has not been acceptable.
2, The ip lock function only works with v4 ip addresses (most ISP's are now using v6's rendering the function useless unless you pay extra for static IP's.

by Booker on 28/11/2016

Tom - thank you for the great review and feedback on how we can improve Booker. I'll be sure to pass this along to our product team. Thanks! - Jason

Talk to Technicians, not just salesmen

Reviewed on 18/04/2017
Desiree H.
Executive Assistant
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, interacting with several people there were only two I had significant issues with. Their customer service is helpful if only slightly fragmented. My companies stake holders were not impressed by the service and went elsewhere. However, I still would recommend at least investigating their services to assist your company.

Pros: Salesmen are very attentive, attempt to find questions to any answers and are quick to return calls. Software is very clean and easy to use as long as you stay within their realm of "basics".

Cons: Unfortunately, if you have any type of development background this software will not allow you to utilize it unless you upgrade to the API. Prior to purchase we were told we would have Full Access to all features and everything was 100% customize-able. However, there are areas of customization you still need to have a "Super User" (call in to tech support + talk to a manager) to change. Example: Accepting cash in office. The second issue I had is their merchant processing. They don't have syncing with Amazon Pay (primary issue we were told could be done with this software), PayPal or Square. You are charged additionally to use their merchant processing (and with companies my accounting had never heard of/didn't want to use). Again, while promised we would be able to find a work around, eventually it was found even with upgrading to a higher tier with API access, there was an extremely slim chance that different integration methods was possible. Third: The price. Please understand if you desire to let one company manage everything then this software is helpful. However, if you don't then per month charge is rather high when other simple services are free or offer nearly every feature Booker does for 1/5th the price. So, do your research and speak with both Sales force and Tech support before making a decision.

by Kirsten on 4/05/2017

Dear Desiree,
Thank you for your feedback and thoughts. Booker partners with a number of the largest payment vendors to offer our customers a variety of highly secure options. We're sorry to hear that there wasn't an option that you felt worked for your business.

We'd love to discuss your feedback on the API access and other specifics if you have time. Thank you for using Booker and for your feedback.

Best,
The Booker Team

Booker Review

Emily C.
Spa Manager
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We love Booker here at our spa. I love the features we use for creating yoga classes and memberships as well. It's very easy to use in that aspect. Scheduling appointments is a breeze and checking customers out couldn't be easier. I do wish there was a way to put notes onto gift card codes or under a customer's name so that if there is any confusion with an order or if someone gave their gift card to someone else, we could go back and see who they gave permission to use that gift card. Another thing that would be a great feature to add to Booker is the use of storing a client intake form on a client's file in the system. If we were able to take a photo of a signed client consent form with all of their information on it and upload it to Booker as a PDF file, it would be truly magical. Paper piles up... we would love to go digital :)

Pros: The ease of scheduling. It is simple to teach new people and services just pop up when you start typing them. I like that.

Cons: Sometimes the system can be a little bit slow. It is truly only difficult when there are lots of people waiting on you.

by Booker on 31/01/2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback Emily. We're thrilled that using Booker is working so well for your business.

You can use the Document Storage feature to save information on clients as you mentioned in your review. If you have questions, please contact [email protected]

Thank you for using Booker!

Just switched BACK to Booker from another booking software

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Celeste W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have been using Booker in my business for years and earlier this year we were convinced by another booking service (the big name in our industry) to switch over. It was one of the worst decisions we have made. After 4 months of giving it our best try and much frustration over the new booking system's lack of features, unhelpful reporting options and staff frustrations, we switched back to Booker and THAT was one of the best decisions we made. Booker is the BEST platform for service based booking and the back end reporting of that kind of business. I do wish their customer service was as good as the other one we tried but it is not nearly as responsive. We are happy to be back though!!

Pros: Ease of scheduling, quick to learn/intuitive platform, broad range of reporting options.

Cons: The customer support could be faster and more helpful. The client end of scheduling could be easier for the client.

So far - so good!

Reviewed on 26/08/2016
Amanda S.
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've worked with the Booker system for 8 months now, and I've definitely enjoyed my experiences with it. We receive near live updates whenever there is an issue with the system - instead of being left to guess, as with other Spa software systems. I've found it to be clean, well designed, aesthetically pleasing, simple to understand, and full of hidden abilities that I have found to be extremely helpful in the management of our organization. Although there are a few capabilities I wish it could offer, Booker is genius at what it does already.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Mobile application
- Partnership with Frederick
- Easy to book online
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy access to customer service (with real people!)

Cons: There are certain limitations to the software that I don't quite endorse, and would love to have more accessibility to customize the features inherent in the system. For instance, we would love to be able to format, on our own, the infrastructure of the Administrator, Reservationist, and Staff roles to allow for certain levels of access to information. Although we have found a way to "Macguyver" the system, we'd love for there to be a more direct system for integrating digital SOAP notes, as well as intake form and profile management by the client when they log in to book an appointment. There have been other, very slight issues, which have caused some annoyance to our clients - such as the automatic CC authorization process when opening orders, or when clients are unable to cancel upcoming appointments online at their convenience (so long as it does not violate our 24-hour policy).

overall has been good, sometimes tough to get questions answered or get a CSR

Reviewed on 23/05/2017
Jennifer N.
LMT/Owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy on line booking, easy pos, easy scheduling,

Pros: I like how easy it is for people to book appointments, how it keeps track of room usage, payroll and other functions. Great that is can be used on smartphones for booking appointments on the fly, notifications via text and email!

Cons: System slow downs have been awful the last few months, we have had intermittent notification glitches (ie people not getting notified of appointments), problems with people thinking they booked appointments but for some reason it didn't go through this needs to be better - customers are unaware that it didn't go through because of missing information on their end - a tiny red star doesn't really cut it for people to see. Should say somewhere - at the end if you do not get a pop up saying Thank you for your appointment - you are missing information or your selection didn't go through. I wish there was a more integrated system for marketing that allows target marketing, I didn't like having to purchase yet another system like Mail Chimp and now HireFredrick. Really gets very expensive.

by Booker on 28/07/2017

Thank you for using Booker and for your thoughtful feedback. We've put a lot of effort into helping the system run faster with greater stability so hopefully you're seeing those improvements. Happy to hear that it's working so well for you overall!

Book It!

Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Ashely S.
Recruiter
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Booker is a godsend for so many salons. It is very user-friendly and they have implemented the use of embedded training videos for all the features; this is a wonderful tool and works very well for people who are visual learners, which most stylists happen to be. For salon managers and owners, Booker offers a variety of tools: time-clock, sales tracking, inventory, tip allocation, expenditures/budgets, etc. Being a web-based software, it's very easy to add a widget or embed a link on your website and/or Facebook page to allow customers to easily schedule themselves for services. In addition, there is a built-in point of sale system that makes it easy to check out clients without needing to switch over to another program and/or system.

Cons: The downside to being a web-based software: if the server is down or there is an issue with the website, you cannot access your calendar or your point of sale system. Booker has been awesome enough to provide a separate website where they allow you to report issues of the system being down and also announcing known issues. Their customer service makes up for this issue.

sub par. Booker is always breaking on the busiest days, unreliable.

Reviewed on 19/02/2018
Crystal W.
assistant manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Booker does help us with booking appointments. Our clients really enjoy online booking, however i saw there is going to be an update in the next week. I will be curious to see how quickly they ruin what already works...

Cons: something is always wrong with the software. dropping credit cards, dropping appointments. they took away simple features and moved them to its new Frederick site. as a long time customer, we felt this move was unprofessional. you have to pay so much extra for something as simple as text or appointment reminders. (a feature that used to be FREE). the busiest Fridays, they will do site maintenance and you will be very embarrassed in front of your clients. happens way too much.

by Booker on 26/02/2018

Crystal -
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave a review for Booker! We're so happy to hear that your clients enjoy our online booking features.

We also want to thank you for providing constructive feedback on certain features that you feel are not working up to your standards. I will relay this information to our product development team so they are aware of the issues you are experiencing.

We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Best Available Cloud based integrated POS & Booking system

Reviewed on 3/02/2015
Michael N.
Hospital & Health Care
Customer Support

Comments: So there is no perfect product, including Booker, BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including A****Quest and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with horrible customer support from our current solutions—they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Booker. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Booker and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Booker and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Booker. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Erica) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle—you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again. I'd say Booker gets 98 out of 100 issues and features. It is very elegant and thoughtfully designed and a pleasure to work with on a day to day basis. So much more robust and clean that our previous patched together solutions. Yes, on the rare occasions when the Booker servers go down for an hour at 3pm, you will curse their name, but you will also quickly forgive, because no cloud based solutions has perfect uptime, and this cloud based solution is soooooooo much better than our previous desktop apps. Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly—it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Booker appears to still be the best available option. Side note: Robert Schmidt in support is a rockstar and really gave us a lot of good advice and strategic insights related to using Booker.

Pros: Smart, friendly people in customer support that live in NYC or SoCal. They really know their stuff and try hard to help you. And they don't speak English as a 3rd language or live in Bangladesh! Well thought out, elegant interface.

Cons: Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system—fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries.
Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features—slow to fix or add features

Frustrating and inconsistent

Lori L.
Business Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The ability to serve multiple locations and the ability to book appointments and sell retail simultaneously.

Pros: I like the fact that Booker can be used for multiple locations and is helpful with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics. I can use the data to determine what I need to do differently regarding sales, promotions, etc. I can also use the data to determine what services, promotions, etc. are going well and should definitely be continued.

Cons: The customer support is lacking. It has been so frustrating to speak to so many different reps. The notes they take and calls they log has been very inconsistent, making follow-through to a resolution impossible. Even when issues have been pushed through to technical support or the development team, we have gotten little to no helpful feedback. I feel the software could use some updating to improve on the ease of use. Mostly, I feel customer support reps should be trained to actually offer "support," rather than offer a "pat" answer and such as, "This is not a Booker issue," or "I can't really tell you why that is happening, call us again if the problem reoccurs." Overall, our experience has been frustrating. In all fairness, our particular "case," which includes many different issues has been escalated to someone in management, but this has taken several months.

Booker keeps my life together!

Reviewed on 20/01/2017
Sara G.
Massage Therapist, Esthetician, Nail Technician
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using Booker for several years now. I use it not only to run my business but to manage my life! I don't have employees, so Booker acts as my receptionist by sending confirmation/reminder emails and texts, Happy Birthdays, etc. I love that a little cupcake is displayed next to a client's name on the schedule when their birthday is near so I can remember to ask about their plans and make them feel special. This kind of thing makes clients want to keep coming back! Love the app as well as a quick reference. Customer service is rapid and always more than helpful. With a few more modifications and minor improvements, I would rate this company 5 stars! Thanks, Booker!

Pros: Almost everything.

Cons: There are a few bugs that still need to be worked out, especially with the app. Sometimes I have to cancel an appointment instead of just adjusting it, and then the client gets confused about the cancellation email. Also, I'm confused about the referral program. I recently referred a friend and she signed up. I have heard nothing back about it.

by Booker on 26/01/2017

Thank you so much Sara for your feedback and for using Booker. We're so glad that it's working for you!

We'll be in touch about the referral issue, or contact [email protected] if we can help out.

You rock!

Great Technology for Salons that want to scale and grow

Chris B.
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Online Booking.
Flexibility with using Rooms vs. Employees.
Reporting.
Ability to manage all aspects of clients and employee data.

Cons: There's a lack of Sales Funnel Integration with Frederick i.e. There is so much data that is in Booker/Frederick, that should allow us to create customized sales funnels in order to remarket and market to our existing clients. Frederick is limited into the emails sent, and there should be more control/flexiblity given to the owner. Currently, i'm using Clickfunnels and other email software to close that loop to create email sales funnels as well as other sales funnels from paid traffic sources. Digital Marketing is the future of all businesses and a crucial component of that is Sales funnels from organic traffic and paid traffic from FB ads, Youtube Ads, Instagram Ads to enter into Sales Funnels. The power to remarket and retarget those clients from Booker/Frederick Data can really scale each business and should be in the hands of the business owner/marketer. We have been doing that manually using Clickfunnels and Other Email Software providers.

Scheduling, moving, canceling, and changing appointments is easy.

Reviewed on 8/08/2017
Emily C.
Reservationist
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are able to schedule, complete orders, keep up with client profiles, and take inventory with ease. It gets the job done for our spa and we rely on it completely! It was a great software choice for us. We would not use anything else.

Pros: I love the client profile. You can look back and see everything he/she has bought, what services they got, and you can also make notes about the client if they are allergic to anything or have any preferences during their appointment! With this feature, we can see everything we need to know about the client's appointment when we print out the itinerary for the day. This way, we have all of the up-to-date info for the client and mistakes are less likely to be made. I love that.

Cons: I would love to see the "document storage" feature to become compatible with tablets and phones. I would like to see our service providers be able to look at their phone or tablet and see their clients profile before they perform their service. I love that we have gone paperless and have stored all of our Client Intake Forms on Booker, but I would like to see easier access to them.

My Business Would NOT be the Success it is Without Booker!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016
Valerie S.
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been with Booker for 8 years and I LOVE this system. It has helped me to professionally organize my spa connecting me with staff and business and clients all in one package. VERY professional and it helps to make my business shine on all levels.

Pros: The way it organizes everything.

Cons: There are a few suggestions I have had that are business needs (would make things easier) and was never able to resolve working them out. They are still I consider serious concerns. There is nothing available to meet those needs, so I just modified and tweaked and moved on.

by Booker on 20/09/2016

Hi Valerie,

We are so very happy to hear that Booker has helped you to run and grow your business for so many years. Thank you so much for your great review. In terms of product suggestions, you can always send these to [email protected] Also, you are able to edit user roles for your employees to limit what they can/cannot do. We are actually hosting a special Fall Series Webinar on User Roles - it's held on Monday at 12PM EST. You can register here: bit.ly/2cj7v2i.

Hope this was helpful!

Aly

Loads of Features that others lack

Vanessa C.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Pretty much everything

Pros: I love the loyalty points for my clients to be able to earn, I love being able to precharge and charge for no-shows as well as charge premiums for certain days of the week. And all of this happens while I focus on doing hair. I do not have to sit around and do anything but set it up. They give you a training call and help you with the features and setup. I learned it quickly but if I have a question I can simply call and speak with someone promptly.
I did have it once before and cancelled because of the price, then I came back because I found they were going to integrate with the clover mini as I already had one but it still hasn't worked out for that. I'm really waiting for that feature. Its just all around inclusive just somewhat costly.

Cons: Wish add-ons were visible to clients and can be set individually to desired service. Also client facing terminal is needed. Hate having to manual input charges outside of the system. I have to have 2 different merchant processors because of the issue with the clover. App works horribly for taking appointments over the phone. Deposits cannot be charged so I have to go into the browser version from my tablet.

Best available Cloud based solution for POS & Online Booking

Reviewed on 3/02/2015
Michael N.
co-founder
Customer Support

Comments: So there is no perfect product BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including AppointmentQues and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with the total lack of customer support from our current solutions'they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Booker. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Booker and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Booker and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Booker. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Erica) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle'you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again. I'd say Booker gets 98 out of 100 issues and features. It is very elegant and thoughtfully designed and a pleasure to work with on a day to day basis. So much more robust and clean that our previous patched together solutions. Yes, on the rare occasions when the Booker servers go down for an hour at 3pm, you will curse their name, but you will also quickly forgive, because no cloud based solutions has perfect uptime, and this cloud based solution is soooooooo much better than our previous desktop apps. Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly'it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Booker appears to still be the best available option. Side note: Robert Schmidt in support is a rockstar and really gave us a lot of good advice and strategic insights related to Booker. PROS:
Well thought out, elegant interface. CONS:
Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system'fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries.
Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features'slow to fix or add features

I use the Booker software for my massage therapy business.

Reviewed on 1/03/2018
Wendy R.
Owner/Lead Massage Therapist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used to always use a Daytimer and have to write appointments in. As my business has grown and I now have other therapists that work with me Booker is a much easier way for us all to be able to view everyone's work schedule for the day/week/month.

Pros: I love availability of the software via computer or mobile devices. It allows all of us to set our schedules and everyone can view what the calendar of appointments looks like. It is also nice to be able to block time out when needed. The ease of scheduling and taking payment allows us to utilize our customer service skills with our clients. Our clients love the fact that they are able to receive reminders via text or email. This in turn saves us time by not having to call them the day before their appointment. It is also nice that they can book appointments online. Monthly reporting is a huge help when it comes to tax time! The marketing feature through Fredrick is also very helpful!

Cons: There are a few features that we are unable to do via our mobile device versus through the computer.

Booker for a Massage practice

Jaime S.
Owner/massage therapist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: So overall I enjoy Booker and customer support however everything needs its tweaks. I do not like that you have to use their merchant provider and can't negotiate fees much, also lately people are able to book online with a credit card that we later on find out is declined..usually when they're a no show and our hands are tied. Customer service used to be great, now it's good and I don't always end with a resolution. Sometimes setting up codes for discounts is confusing and certain reports. On the positive side it works great for scheduling especially once you know the little tweaks in the system and it's great that it sends out emails for confirmation and reminders to the staff and guests. However, lately my staff isn't getting all notifications. This can be very problematic, I'm rebooking clients for free and not receiving payments on no shows due to the system only lately. If this were fixed I'd go back to loving the product.

Pros: Reminders and organization of multiple therapists

Cons: Issues with notifications, payments and codes

by Booker on 31/01/2017

Thank you for your feedback Jamie. We'd love to chat with you about the issues you're describing so we can improve your experience using Booker. We'll reach out and please contact [email protected] if you need anything.

Thank you for using Booker!

Keinon is the BEST!!!

Reviewed on 16/09/2016
Charlee H.
Consumer Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The reason for this review is for Keinon.. I had an issue and he was amazing! He stayed with me until the entire process was handled. He did this with a great attitude, he joked and yet held his professionalism. I wanted to be able to talk to him all the time when we have a problem. He is an asset to your company and I wanted you to know that. About a year ago, I had another issue where I lost my password and called booker to ask what to do about it and was told, "there is nothing we can do about it you'll have to try to find it or figure it out.. I mentioned this to Keinon and he fixed it for me immediately..

Pros: ease, on line booking.

Cons: sometimes we can't book appointments for no reason.. it will say the room is not available or no employees are available when neither is the case.

by Booker on 19/09/2016

Hi Charlee,

Wow - it's great to hear about your wonderful experience working with Keinon, he is a great asset to the Booker team. Thank you for your review and for letting us help you run your business. I've noted your cons and please know our teams are actively working to make sure glitches like that do not happen in the future.

8 years and counting

Zalla O.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using booker for 7 years in my business after a year using it elsewhere and it's grown with me and my business from a single service provider to 20 employees with 2 locations. It's pretty great. Always adding new features. Phone customer service is *usually* on point, but chat sucks and going through the online search of issues never reveals the answer I need. My employees love having access to their schedules from anywhere. We love all the ways it helps us remain paper free - we can enter digital intake forms and notes, and send e-receipts. And they're always trying new things to help us market better and retain customers.

Pros: Ease of access from anywhere, availability of online booking

Cons: Online booking is clunky (hard to just say when is Niki available this week). Booking needs more robust features (only allow certain services at certain times)

by Booker on 27/01/2017

Thank you for your feedback Zalla. Sounds like you've built a wonderful successful business. We're honored that you've chosen to run and grow your business with Booker.

- The Booker Team

I really like using booker, it is intuitive and easy to use. However, there are too many slow downs.

Sasha N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: easy to use and navigate and get my business running from day one.

Pros: Easy, good functionality, decent customization options. Navigation is pretty simple an intuitive for the most part - orders is a bit clunky as you have to hit add order 3 times to get to actually inputting an order.

Cons: Reliability. There are/were quite a few slow downs and when it goes down it really impacts my business. I know it's not fool proof, but it would be great to have a back-up streamed line version that could operate when the main one goes down. Kind of like a safe boot mode in Windows. Also, the pop-ups are a bit annoying - most are not useful and dismissed out of hand. It would be better to have these in their own tab and like a badge icon indicate new info so I can review at my own pace. I am usually trying to do something when they pop up so I dismiss them and they are never read.

Service Review

Reviewed on 19/09/2016
Norma H.
Spa Manager
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Support team is very helpful, respectful and friendly. They have the best people!
Wish there was support 24/7, that's the only reason for a lower score on support

Pros: Support is Live people that are very helpful. Can do a lot of what we need in the business

Cons: Goes down, slows down at busy times, hard to get through to support or chat at times, can be a problem with double bookings.
Can be complicated have to figure out work arounds
Would like to see more reporting features like daily reports this year to last year

by Booker on 20/09/2016

Hi Norma,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you have a good customer experience. Please know that our team is actively working to reduce the amount of downtime on the platform. If you are ever having trouble getting through to support, you can also reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter, where we can help direct a CE Manager to you ASAP. I have taken your feedback into account and will be sure to share it with the appropriate person.