Really Simple Systems CRM Reviews

by Really Simple Systems

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Really Simple Systems CRM

An easy to use CRM that helps you work smarter by managing and tracking your sales leads and customers.

Learn more about Really Simple Systems CRM

Ian W.
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"My Review"

Comments: Overall it has been a great system for me and the team and we manage to do what we need.

Pros: Accounts, Tasks, Contacts are all fantastic. I really love the feature where within an account, there is a google API integration so you can see a sateilleite view of your customers and gauge the size of the business which is useful for us and the industry we sell to. I also think an excellent feature is being able to look at nearby accounts too, and has a range and mileage bar which you can move to your desire. Custom reporting is really good too, but it would be better if we could have more than 16-20 custom fields.

Cons: I dislike the fact all support is done via email, despite the email support being very good, sometimes we require complex and bespoke functions and need help to understand how to achieve what we want, and this is difficult to explain via email at times, and would be alot easier to talk it through with someone.
I also am hoping the marketing module improvements come soon, as i would love to send emails and marketing via the system, but at present we use a different external system which seems silly as we pay for it, but we have struggled to use the marketing module as we cant customise our own HTML emails as they do not display how we need them to, and i was told this would be ironed out in the next release, but this has been delayed a few times so would be great to get this ASAP so we can have it all in one place.

by Really Simple Systems on 11/12/2020

Ian, thank you for your review. That's great feedback and I'm glad to hear the system is working well for you.

Additional custom fields and telephone support is included in your price plan, so I apologise if we haven't been so active in picking up the phone. I have asked our support manager to get in touch and set up a call to discuss your requirements.

Kind regards

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Jonathan H.
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2016

"Does just what it promises, quickly and cheaply. Very easy to learn and good training too."

Comments: As a micro business owner, I have to do everything from developing to sales and marketing, and I suspect like many geek-run businesses like mine, I love the first part and loathe the latter. I'd found a few tools that do a limited number of things very well and help my business in other ways, like Trello, Toggl, gmail and so on, but I was struggling to find a CRM equivalent.
I'd tried a few SAAS cloud solutions that would have been overpriced, and I tried installing a couple of open source solutions like SuiteCRM which proved to be way over the top and bloated for my needs.
Finally I hit upon RSS CRM and we were the perfect match. I went to their first user conference earlier in 2016, and what impressed me greatly was not only how good and enthusiastic the CEO and his staff were, but also the other customers.
I'd already experienced support via both phone and email (even though I was on the free plan at the time), and it was nice to actually meet the team for real, and know that they aren't outsourced from some sweatshop in a distant place. It's a UK company with a "proper" UK phone number, although there are support offices in other countries too, to account for the timezones which is good.

Pros: The freemium model is enough to get anyone new to CRM started quickly.
It's all "pay as you go", and you can bolt features on as needed. I wanted something that tells me what, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then nag me to do the next thing.
And, for me, RSS does all that perfectly.
They also run free webinars which are also recorded in case you can't make it on the day. These are worth watching - I found I was missing several tricks and now get even more out of the system. I'm particularly impressed with the email integration which saves the whole endless copying and pasting debacle. It really is simple, but perfect at what it does.

Cons: All of that said, yes, the interface does look a little tired. However, I've seen the new version which should be launched by late summer 2016 and it's really impressive.
They've rewritten it with a responsive interface which works much better than the current version on a mobile.
Because the underlying functionality won't be changing significantly, they're going to let users initially choose whether to be "early adopters" of the new interface, which is a nice touch as change sometimes scares people!

• Reviewed on 21/06/2016
Abby S.
Practice Operations Manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Excellent relational database"

Comments: We have found it invaluable that we have been able to transpose information previously held on our own systems or within our heads on to the CRM. with the information that we are now recording in one place and the subsequent reporting that this facilitates, we have been able to glean valuable insights into various areas of our business. It has also allowed us an overview of business performance

Pros: We have valued the ability to build our own accounts screen so that we are able to record and report on areas specifically relevant to our business. The reporting function has been game changing for us, providing new insights into our client base and referral activities. The software is so easy to use which has made embedding it into our operational practices an easy task. The ability to link accounts has proved very useful too.

Cons: We would value further fields on the accounts screen so that we can increase our use of the reporting function.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Bruce L.
Head of Technical Support
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"Easy to use CRM"

Comments: If nothing else the audibility of customer interactions, this allows us to see any \ all communications with the customer.

Pros: Only pay for the functionality you need. Some other CRM's include marketing, systems management, financials, etc. but if you don't need them don't buy them.
Its a very easy system for users to pick up, comprised of a core architecture:
Customers \ Companies = Accounts
Contacts = the customers name, email, telephone
Tasks = To Do list
Activities = records the history of what you've done with that customer
Opportunties = Won or lost sales records
Then there's the reporting, where anything you put into Really Simple Systems can be interrogated, not just the content of certain restricted fields.

Cons: We're looking to do some integration and other CRM platforms easily allow this through API services, such as IFTTT or Zapier, Really Simple Systems only provide an API. You can of course code this into whatever you want, but will require time.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Clarissa F.
Yacht Broker
Maritime, 2-10 Employees

"Very useful tool"

Comments: Great for keeping track of long term clients and prospects with a good record of correspondence for the whole company.

Pros: Its a really easy to use system, a great way to record information which is accessible to the whole team.
Easy to track progress with opportunities and tasks.
Useful to see the progress of marketing emails

Cons: Although the reports can be very useful, creating a report is not very self explanatory and can be quite complicated.
The opportunities system is confusing with reference to unit price, sale price and value.
Would be nice to have a tick box option when recording a call activity to be able to easily record if the call was answered, if a message was left, if the client is returning a call etc.

David W.
Business Development Manager
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Glad to have a straightforward system, which just about covers all my needs."

Comments: A compact place to store all my customer sales information.

Pros: I am able to contain all the relevant information about my customer in one place. I have been grateful for the prompt responses from the support team when I have had some issues.

Cons: Not being able to attach actual documents into the customer account. Not a big fan of cloud base systems. I have not worked out how to put alerts and reminders against specific customers, therefore I would like to be able to find this out alongside other applications, either by webinar or video link. Also just been advised that we have been upgraded from version 4 to 5. Layout is very different from the previous one. Not sure the change was necessary unless it substantially improves the ease of use.

by Really Simple Systems on 12/07/2017

Hi David, thanks very much for posting a review.
You mention not being able to attach documents to a customer account. You can attach documents - there is a specific field for this on the company account page, if you scroll to the bottom. You can drag and drop a file or click to search. If you have any difficulties do please contact our support team for help on [email protected] Best regards

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
Murthy A.
Proprietor
Higher Education, 2-10 Employees

"Most reliable CRM"

Comments: Overall experience with Really Simple Systems has been Great!

Pros: We have been using this Software for nearly Six years now. What we like most about this software is, we never faced any major issue in using this software. We almost always got immediate response whenever there was any concern. And also, there was hardly any downtime.

Cons: The design and cover page could have been changed. Its the same design and same cover page for many years now.

Thomas P.
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2015

"Get a much back as you put in"

Pros: I like the interface of this software; it's clean, readable and the interface is intuitive. I was able to customize the software on a basic level to suit my needs entirely.
The fact that it's an opensource (free) product, until you require extra services, makes it very appealing.
One thing I like about the vendor, in particular, is the tuition and the tutorial resources available. This creates a sense of a whole package and made me feel like I really had got something for nothing.

Cons: I understand that the product is in early stages, so this should be read more as a point of recommendation, but the vendor should try to enable some integrations with other software (it's suggested that this is on the horizon for RSS). This is something which is very specific to my business (accountancy), but until that stage, this is where other CRMs (even if it means paying from the start) will win the custom, including mine. Seamless workflow is almost unparalleled in this respect
On a side note, I find the colouring of the UI a little dark and depressing. The UI is easy but not very cheery (dark blue and black...)

• Reviewed on 16/12/2015
Rachel K.
Senior Partnerships Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"Using RSS to stay in touch with stakeholders"

Comments: RSS makes it easy for me to send professional-looking email bulletins to my stakeholders, and to see who is interacting with these emails.

Pros: I mostly use RSS to send email bulletins to stakeholders. The email design feature is comparatively intuitive to use and I can produce a professional-looking email without too much difficulty.
The tech support has been brilliant - they are very responsive to an email request for help and sort out my problems very quickly.
I like being able to see who has opened and otherwise interacted with my emails.

Cons: Having to hit "save" for an individual section and then "update". I find that I sometimes lose changes which have taken a lot of time to make because I didn't hit "update" often enough. An auto-save function would be helpful.
Emails sent from RSS seem to get stuck in companies' spam filters sometimes.
The process of setting up a campaign, stages, and adding contacts is not at all intuitive so I find that I always have to refer to my notes about how to do it, instead of being able to fly through it easily.

Deborah S.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2016

"Review of RSS CRM"

Comments: I own a small business operating in a very niche market and use the CRM to track my interactions with wholesale customers. I looked at some other apps when starting out and found that most of them were overkill for my small operation. RSS is reasonably intuitive for me to use and the mailsync option has saved me a lot of time spent going back through old email chains. I don't use the reports as much as I feel I could, as I haven't yet had a chance to set them up in a customized way to be truly useful to my processes. The one thing that I would love to be able to do is to somehow link my task list to Asana, as I track all my other business-related tasks and projects there. It would be wonderful to have them all in the same place...

Pros: It gets the job done without making things more complicated than they need to be. It's reasonably priced, and I can choose to pay for only the options that I will use.

Cons: I find the navigation is somewhat clunky, and there are more clickthroughs than seem necessary in some points. For example, it would be great to be able to mark a task complete, or add an email address to a contact without leaving the account view.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2016
Ian M.
sales office manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"first time user"

Comments: good experience with help and support

Pros: Ease of use and user friendly
good layout

Cons: having to keep logging in after timing out

by Really Simple Systems on 14/12/2018

Hi Ian
Thank you for your review. I can help you with your timeout issue. The system automatically times out after 2 hours of inactivity for security purposes but you can override this in your Company Settings. Please see this article on our Support Hub https://support.reallysimplesystems.com/system-timeout-settings/. Do get in touch on [email protected] if you need further assistance.
regards
Helen Armour
Marketing Manager

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Kirsten K.
Company Director
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2021

"Excellent - we couldn't be without it"

Comments: Brilliant and very helpful support team

Pros: It literally manages our customers and ensures nothing is forgotten

Cons: Would be good if the email synch included the original format (bold text, images etc)

• Reviewed on 11/03/2021
Marcelo C.
CEO - Owner
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2018

"The system is simple and works very well for a small company like mine."

Comments: Simple control of the sales process and the relationship with my customers.

Pros: I am still using the free version and it suites me very well, I will update it in a very near future as I need some features that are not available in the free version.
The software is very comprehensive and cover all the main topics of a CRM system.
I search for other solutions and this is the best that I found.
I highly recommend it.

Cons: The part that I had more difficulties were in the reporting section.
I tried to add some fields but could not do it.Maybe because I use the free version.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2018
Kathren M.
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2018

"Great Value For Money"

Pros: Easy to use and it allows for quick access to accounts

Cons: Need to be able to go back to previous page instead of it automatically reverting back to page 1 each time

• Reviewed on 5/12/2018
Mihai M.
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees

"Very Useful CCRM"

Pros: User Friendly; Ability to Customize the CRM;

Cons: User permisions but this has been fixed.

Mark L.
New Business Development
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Been using Really Simple Systems for 2 years now and I think it is great."

Pros: It is really easy to use and a doddle to customise. Keeps all of my records in 1 place and I can see at a glance my workload for any given day.

Cons: The only real negative that I can think of is that you are unable to block holidays off to prevent inadvertently making appointments.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Anna J.
Operations
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2018

"Simple and easy to use"

Pros: It's very simple. The customers service team are always incredibly helpful and go above and beyond to help.

Cons: It can be a bit limiting at times. And the reports aren't as straight forward as other programmes I have used.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2018
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2017

"Smooth, seamless, fast, intuitive"

Comments: Keeping track of customer contacts and leads has never been easier.

Pros: User preferences and the scalability of the site per device. No separate app. It runs perfectly in a mobile browser.

Cons: The "new" site, tends to load slower than the old sometimes. I wish there was a few different color pallets to choose from ie light, dark, grey.....

• Reviewed on 13/11/2017
Chris K.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"This the third time I have introduced RSS to the company I am working for. An excellent product."

Comments: Perfect product to organise all of your customers and enquiries. Every sales business should use it.

Pros: Easy to use and gets all your sales enquiries organised as you go along. Ideal for a non techie person so it is perfect for a micro business of a large sales force.

Cons: I still have not grasped some of the terminology...like "opportunities". There is no box for email address'.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Philip K.
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2015

"The really is a Simple System!"

Pros: Its very easy to use, flexible to personalise, perfect for small business!

Cons: Its restrictive to us because of the cost for extra data, and multi users, yes its really helpful but the cost structure, if you have multiple 1000's of customers and 6 user could be high. (we have 3 users, just over 1000 customer, with all the marketing and bespoke tools etc etc £121 ex vat Per month. (still worth it as its a great system, just wish I could add all my customers on to the CRM, all 6000 plus.)

• Reviewed on 19/11/2015
Graham Y.
Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2019

"Great CRM that's easy to use"

Pros: RSS is very easy to use and provides me with all the information I require to enable me to organise my business development activity. Doubt I could do my job without it!

Cons: Nothing at all. It's a great tool and I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed on 25/11/2019
Alastair J.
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"A simple CRM system that allows you to have client and sales information in one place. Easy to use."

Comments: It is allowing me to be far more organised with my sales and client account management activity. I am more confident of not missing sales opportunities and contacting clients at the right time to gain the business. Still getting to grips with it but the Webinars will be useful for ensuring I get the most from my licence.

Pros: Its straight forward and logically set out. For a simple system there is a fair amount of flexibility to change task titles, drop down menus, reports etc. to make the system work how you want it to.

Cons: I think the 500 account records is a bit restricting on the licence. 1000 would be better for small start up businesses. Its too big a jump to 5000 on the higher licence.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Trevor C.
Property Consultant
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Software review"

Comments: I never imgaine how easy your sofware would be. I have tried a number of different ones. This seems to give me more the dge on how simple it can be. Even my team found it enjoyable and amamzed how easy it was too. The system is not over technical easy to follow and digest. So yes great experience

Pros: Dashboard set out neat and tidy. Easy to follow. Also has a lot to offer as extra features to pay for which I don't mind. As long as it able to deliver what I needed.

Cons: None at present. Yet to test and see how it goes as I go along.

Collaboration Executive
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2018

"Great System!"

Comments: After using a few CRM systems, I have found that RSS is the most reliable. It keeps track of the maths involved in deals, as well as letting you keep track of every stage of the pipeline (NDAs, MSSAs, etc.).

Pros: Allows you to track individual companies as you're going along, and the sidetab to give you info to FAQs is great! Means I can solve problems myself before taking the next step to asking customer support!

Cons: Sometimes my accounts won't load, but after a few refreshes it seems to kickstarti tself.

by Really Simple Systems on 3/10/2018

Thanks for your review of Really Simple Systems. Do email us on [email protected] so we can link this with your account.

• Reviewed on 2/10/2018
Eiko I.
Commercial Director
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

"Crm/Service support/marketing mailshots"

Comments: Excellent service, great easy customisable interface, user friendly and scale able. Interactive and lots of info in one easily accessible online platform.

Pros: Easily customised to our requirements and simple yet comprehensive.

Cons: Login and no time out warning indicator so data can be lost