Remote Support Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5

About Remote Support

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) securely accesses and supports any device or system, anywhere in the world.

Learn more about Remote Support

Showing 1,610 reviews

Telayna W.
Research Technician
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2020

"Comprehensive Remote Support Software"

Comments: Remote Support has been a secure, fairly understandable, remote access console to quickly get going with, allowing consistent remote access to many computers needed for my work.

Pros: The remote access console is clean and fairly easy to figure out. It can be accessed from a desktop program or a web console, allowing me to remotely access quickly and easily from various devices. The chat support feature is very simple to use and allows IT support professionals to access my machine for troubleshooting in a transparent way.

Cons: Colors on imagery were rendered strangely when remotely accessing some computers. There is a way to fix display color settings within the software, but it took me a long while to figure this out. Dynamic display rendering would have prevented this struggle.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2020
Kendall P.
Senior IT Engineer
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Remote Support with ease"

Comments: By having unrestricted remote access to all of the systems on our Network it has given us the ability greatly increase our productivity and almost eliminated travel to remove locations.

Pros: The ability to allow any system user to give me remote access thru our remote support web site without the user having to have any client pre loaded.

Cons: I don't have any cons with the software.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Desktop Engineer
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2019

"Bomgar gets the job done but they are still lacking full support for macOS Mojave users"

Comments: This has allowed our Service Desk team the ability to remote in to end users PC's, Macs and phones for virtual hands on support.

Pros: Works across multiple platforms with ease

Cons: macOS Mojave came out over a year ago and Bomgar still doesn't work completely if the end user doesn't have admin rights.

• Reviewed on 6/08/2019
Nicholas R.
Software Support Technician
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2018

"Best secure remote support software I have ever used!!"

Comments: A clean, professional, and impressive way to support a customer or client.

Pros: I really like this software for starters. I convinced my department manager at my previous job to purchase it because of it's functionality, reliability, and integration to other software. It is great for tier based support from tier 1 receiving calls to escalating it to tier 2 and tier 3. The transition from each tier and group that we had for certain calls was smooth. Another bonus and like was the type of devices/operating systems it support in it's remote support service. Also, the integration to other products that we used along with our actual product. That part was a beauty to setup and see work with zero issues. Overall the best in my book. Just wish my current job could afford to purchase Bomgar (fingers crossed).

Cons: There are only a few cons I have and they are very minor. One being that they are not able to support Chrome OS yet and I feel like they are trailing the market on this. The other con is installing the patches to the hosted appliance you house in your server room. The patching process could use some attention for user ability or someone not as experienced in networking etc.

• Reviewed on 7/03/2018
Bomgar review
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Bomgar review"

Comments: Overall it works as advertised. It also integrates with a couple Service desk tools on the market which allow you to launch a remote session from within an external Service desk system.

Pros: Bomgar is an excellent program for remote control over computers and servers. We use it extensively on the Helpdesk when helping customers remotely. Its easy to use and doesn't require alot of skills to initiate a session.

Cons: I would like to see it have a less chatty agent on systems. The agent communicates with the main server quite a bit. I would also like to see it not have an agent for every remote session. This requires updating the agent on every machine when an update comes available.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Td W.
Helpdesk Engineer
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Great product, a bit on the pricey side"

Comments: I provide remote helpdesk support for a wide-range of users from different industries who are seeking immediate assistance and resolution, typically before an onsite visit would be employed. Bomgar, once it is up and running, is a really good remote support tool and I don't mind using it- would like it if the price were not so high, but hey, its the cost of doing business these days! Still a really good product, however.

Pros: Setting customer's up is pretty easy. I find that when I use Bomgar over other remote support services like TeamViewer or Logmein for example, I think Bomgar's interface for connecting with a customer is smooth and pretty efficient.

Cons: The way Bomgar implements the elevated privilege feature. If a customer has already agreed to have a remote session with me as an IT Pro, then that function should be a clickable feature BEFORE the session begins and on the client's side. Sometimes after getting connected with the customer, the elevated privileges can become cumbersome and sometimes time-intensive, either because the customer does not know their username and password or attempting to get the privileges as the IT Pro, does not work, because at times Bombgar does not recognize my (correct) admin credentials.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Jason M.
System Administrator
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"This is amazing remote support"

Comments: This is almost like the internet for us. When it goes out we are not having a good day. The good and bad to that is that if the internet goes out we are out of this, but other than that we have only had one time where it went out and that was because our device needed to be replaced. Another selling point to it was that we were able to get a backup uploaded to their support and they setup a cloud appliance so we could get right back up and working.

Pros: I love everything about this product. This is super easy to use, it has tons of great features, its rock solid and they have great support. The remote feature itself is great but that is a small part compared to what all else this can do. You can do just about anything you want or need to computers as you connect. If you are working on specific things and have scripts or software to run, this make it very easy to run those from the console. We have tons of scripts setup to run in the background to fix any number of issues.

Cons: Honestly the only thing to dislike is the price. This is definitely at the top end of remote support products, but i think it justified by what all you can do with this.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Jaime S.
IT Business Analyst / SharePoint Administrator
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Great remote access support tool"

Comments: As an international company with ports in central and South America and the Caribbean basin , providing Technical Support or training is essential. This tool has allowed us to provide hey see what the user sees approach. When the user indicates that they are unable to perform a specific task or if they're having problems with their PC drivers , etc this application has allowed us to remote access the PC and see exactly what the user is experiencing . It's transparent . Some applications will change the background or graphics when logging on , but with my experience this application has not done that.

Pros: This tool provides some of the best remote access troubleshooting abilities . The ease of use of this software is outstanding. Functionality and the ability to have users go to a web portal or provide them with a link to download a small package for remote access. I was not directly involved with installations and integrations of this product in our organization but have been told that it was quite simple.

Cons: I can honestly say I've had no issues with the product . It's performed well . Loaded with features . Nothing that I can say that would be dis concerning

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Beecher B.
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2020

"Bomgar/BeyondTrust Remote Support is perfect for mid to large companies"

Comments: Having moved from a less-featured remote support software, Bomgar was a huge step forward. The old system required administrative rights on the endpoint for EVERY user that connected and there were no permissions to assign. Although it can be pricey, once it's up and running, Bomgar is the solution I'd recommend for remote support.

Pros: It's fast remote support software that just works. It has plenty of features to make remote support of end users a breeze. Permissions are granular and you can limit access by need.

Cons: The initial configuration can be a bit daunting. Some words/descriptions may not be simplest to understand in the admin sections. It's the only downside to having a product that has so many features available.

• Reviewed on 8/01/2020
Chirag S.
CITO
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Remote support made easy"

Comments: From an IT standpoint and from a user receiving the support standpoint, Bomgar does a great job. Ultimately, the user wants to get the issue resolved and IT wants to do it quickly, efficiently and to customers' satisfaction. Bomgar helps us do that and that's what matters the most.

Pros: The ease of use is the most valuable feature of this product. It is easy for us to support internal staff and partners. We don't have to explain many things to our external users. The entire experience is self-explanatory. It is easy for us to initiate remote support and provide remote support. We have cut down on time to resolve issues using Bomgar.

Cons: The User Interface (UI) looks old. This is one of the biggest opportunity for Bomgar to invest in. In today's day and age, software are designed to look great but Bomgar uses a bland color palette, button styles etc. That's the only thing I don't like about it.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Richard C.
Business Analyst / Tester
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/09/2019

"Remote Support made easy"

Comments: Supporting users throughout the United States makes this very easy. I use this for software support and also for training as I am an admin for multiple applications and support the Accounting, Tax, Budgeting and Forecasting teams. I use this to do training for new users that will become the SME in those remote areas and can deliver hands on training. I can also easily do remote support by logging onto another users computer

Pros: This is an easy application to use and makes logging into a remote user very easy
No learning curve for support
Working at company headquarters, I support over 2,000 users for a few different applications. Using Bomgar, I was able to log onto a remote users computer to support and teach different applications. It was very easy to also install software updates (Java and SAP Business Objects)

Cons: We have a limited number of licenses so sometimes I need to wait for someone else to stop using this application

• Reviewed on 7/09/2019
Andrew R.
Suppoer Center Engineer
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Bomgar is Great!"

Comments: We used this as a back up method for contenting to users and it has always been reliable.

Pros: I have been a Bomgar user for a number of years and it's great. A few if the key features I love are...
- Invite users to start a session via sharing you session key with them or sending an email link, this makes it quick and easy to get connected.
- Auto reconnect after rebooting or loosing network connection. This is a huge convince! and time saver since you don't have to call the user to get reconnected while working on the issue.
- You can easily transfer and share you session with team mates.
- Built in chat feature.
- Easily View system information and transfer files.

Cons: There are some issues with running it on Google Chome or on a Mac.
Its not 100% seamless to users you are connecting to, you have to click though a few things but its still pretty easy.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Mike B.
IT Helpdesk Specialist
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2017

"A good lifeline to have"

Comments: The ability to assist my customers wherever they are creates a feeling of confidence in the user. This creates a great working environment and a feeling of teamwork that is priceless.

Pros: The fact I can assist users that are both on and off our network via https is great. I prefer to use Apple Remote Desktop for our Mac users when the clients are on LAN or connected via VPN. When they are offsite with no VPN, it's a lifesaver. Bomgar is essential for Windows PC support however they are connected. The ability to easily transfer files to and from the client, support for some automation using scripts, is a good tool to have.

Cons: Can get bogged down due to bandwidth consumption. The default setting to reduce video display quality is a bit of a bother for both the user and tech specialist. Sometimes the connection fails completely for some unknown reason.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Nicholas L.
HR Analyst
Defense & Space, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2018

"Bomgar Review"

Comments: It has been integral for us at this time. We are going through open enrollment and implementation with ADP so we have had to use it several times in the past month. ADP has been able to connect us through Bomgar, see our screen and verify all of our benefit plan setups, eligibility class, home page and open enrollment profile. They have also showed us how to implement all of these items correctly through Bomgar and very useful since we are working on a remote basis.

Pros: It is a great resource in order to connect a third party administrator and be able to share screens to relay information in real time. I currently use it with ADP and we use this in order to collaborate information by sharing each other's screens to make sure there is a correct setup in ADP, address and fix issues that we are having with the system and ensure that we have correct format such as our homepage. It is very simple to use and accept the Bomgar from ADP and connects very quickly.

Cons: The only downside is that you have to accept the software, allow it to connect, accept the terms and conditions, accept the user and then allow for the user to connect. It would be easier if it was web based and allowed for one connection to the user.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2018
Wendy R.
Accountant III / Business Intelligence Analyst
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Wonderful to have remote user technical support"

Comments: This tool has been very useful in helping tech support to quickly help me solve problems that were puzzling to me. I like to try to research and troubleshoot my own problems, but knowing that tech support can remote to my computer makes me more likely to contact them, which does save me time. I know that I'll be able to watch and learn from them as they solve the problem.

Pros: I am an employee at a university and our IT department uses this software to remote into a user's computer to help troubleshoot problems, install software, etc. It really helps problems to get solved more quickly and easily without requiring a tech to go to various locations. I have also been able to use it as an administrator to help a user with a specific software program that was having an odd problem with the software and to help train that user. I like that both the tech working remotely and the user can both control the keyboard and mouse. It is nice to get notified the whole time that the tech is connected to your machine and when the disconnect is done so you don't have to worry about privacy.

Cons: As with any remote software, the speed of use can get slow and controlling the mouse can be tricky.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Kevin C.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2020

"Great for IT"

Comments: I love having BOMGAR as an option, because instead of calling IT over the phone and trying to describe what is going on, they can tune in to view and control the screen so our guys don't have to. Very easy and convenient to use. We would be lost without it!

Pros: As a business who was different needs with our technology, this system is super easy to use. All we do is click a link and type in a "Season Key". At this point, whoever is launching the support is able to view and take control of the computer. This has been a very secure method to use whenever wee need help updating or fixing any bugs on our end, because as soon as the season is over they lose all contact with control of our system, which we can end at any point. During the season the user has the priority control, meaning if the IT is trying to control the computer I can move the mouse or use the key board and it will but his side on hold until I am done using it.

Cons: Not a huge CON, but there are times I can tell that the IT in control has a small delay when maneuvering through the computer.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2020
Personal Banker
Banking, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2020

"BOMGAR is Excellent!"

Comments: In our line of work, we use a remote support to download new software onto computers all across the globe. BOMGAR makes that very easy and efficient to do.

Pros: BOMGAR Is an excellent tool to troubleshoot software and remote into other computers within our work network and outside. When introducing BOMGAR to new users, they always seemed to pick up the UI fairly quickly and with ease. There was never much explanation that needed to be done which made all of our jobs easier!

Cons: What I like least about BOMGAR was that it sometimes would drop connection during vital moments and not always reconnect after a computer restart. However, this was always far and in between and for the majority of the time worked like a charm.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2020
Scott J.
Senior Systems Administrator
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2017

"Overall a Great product with Great support"

Comments: Easy Remote Support of my users

Pros: They have a great product that makes remote support easy to do. The tool is filled with features that enable you to connect to your user and support them totally. They include chat, Remote desktop, VoIP, direct file transfers and many other types of connections between you and your end user. This product has helped make my life as an Admin much easier. And it is Linux Friendly too so you are free to run whatever OS you want to connect to your users. It traverses a wide array of network topologies as well making seemingly impossible connections possible.

Cons: It can be a little on the costly side. With all the features available to you the configuration of all those features can get complicated when you get into some of the advanced scenarios.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Mark O.
Senior Systems Administrator
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2021

"Bomgar Pro's and Con's"

Comments: I have been using Bomgar for 5 years now and have had a great overall experience using the product.

Pros: Bomgar meets CJIS requirements which is why we initially starting using the product. However, it has proven itself to be robust and provides much functionality such as file transfers when remoted onto a device. You can also send invites to those outside you network.

Cons: What I least least about Bomgar are the lack of certain features that other similar products offer such as the ability to run remote installations and scripts or view the computers settings

• Reviewed on 9/02/2021
Matthew F.
Systems Administrator
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/08/2018

"I love Bomgar and could not survive without it!"

Comments: Helps us get our jobs done faster and more efficiently, with a minimal disruption to the end-users.

Pros: It is easy to use (once you have it setup). It is low cost after the initial investment. It works well. The support is great and fast.

Cons: Our Bomgar appliance died once, but our support contract covered the full cost of the replacement and they gave us a temporary Bomgar cloud subscription until we received the new appliance, so I can't complain much about that. There are some extremely basic new feature requests that I have made, which they have given zero consideration to at this point.

• Reviewed on 4/08/2018
Craig F.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Bomgar for remote access"

Comments: We use it daily for remote support without any problems.

Pros: Once setup, Bomgar is easy to use for remote control and support. This can be done either as a one time support issue or a persistent connection to the machine. It works through any firewall remotely without any problems. We love being able to create installation packages from inside of Bomgar that can be installed on the remotely accessed computers. Great for Virus removal.

Cons: It will only allow one domain for the system setup.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Sales Support
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2018

"Offers you integrated solutions in the same platform to manage and protect your services."

Comments: Offers Remote Desktop Access, Technical Support for Customers, Privileged Access, Cloud Services Administration, Keys and Credentials, Access to Providers.

Pros: Allows the Service Management offered in your company to be more protected. It is compatible with Windows OS; Mac and Linux without mediating with VPN from any access point, including Android and iOS mobile devices. It has chat service, share screens, integration with your CRM, recording meetings. It can
enable and disable ports on your computers and strengthen your resources in The Cloud, authorize access without compromising the integrity of your data, and without revealing privileged account data.

Cons: It has an investment cost, modifying the workflows of tasks and processes can imply a certain rigidity. Employees can face this fear of being excluded from their jobs.

• Reviewed on 7/06/2018
IT Technical Specialist II
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2018

"Remote support that doesn't need support to run"

Comments: We use Bomgar to have remote support access into our internal company computers and devices. Our company is very wide spread thoughout the US which makes a good remote support tool necessary.

Pros: Bomgar lets you easily set up a remote support session. Being able to pin computers in the system to be able to access at a later date has been very helpful for our internal IT Support. You can even see basic stats on the computer before logging in such as ip address and OS running on the computer. Bomgar also works an all of the platforms in our environment. Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android are all supported. I can support clients from my PC or my Ipad. Been a great product!

Cons: The biggest issue we have is having non-technical people type in our support URL in the search field and not in the address field of their browser. Really not an issue with Bomgar itself though.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2018
John M.
Assistant Communications Director
Sports, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Bomgar is essential"

Comments: Remote support is the key to Bomgar as with it, we are able to allow those who have developed and regularly troubleshoot problems with our scoreboard/videoboard systems to look at all our configurations and run them through tests that we don't have the ability to do on our own. That makes a difference in how we can approach solving the issues and often has gotten us back up and running the same day (within minutes or hours) of discovering the issue.

Pros: The ability to work with someone remotely to troubleshoot problems with our scoreboard systems and determine if there is a software issue or if it is a hardware issue, saving time and money when it can be done remotely rather than having the companies who help us send a technician on site, which is more expensive for both parties.

Cons: I think sometimes it takes a while to connect and also has moments where it could be more seamless, but overall the complaints are minimal compared.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Director of Managed Services
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2018

"Great tool for assisted and unassisted remote access"

Pros: The software is very versatile and has more features than we would ever use. They constantly update with new improvements. Support has been absolutely amazing in the few instances where we have had a minor problem. The products works across standard SSL ports, which makes it dead simple to integrate into customer environments.

Cons: Some competing solutions do have better video resolution. The hardware and support can be a little on the high side compared to competing offerings.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2018