• Overall
    4.1/5
    3.7/5

About Paylocity

Web-based payroll and HCM solution that helps small to large enterprises manage and track employees' compensation, benefits and more.

Learn more about Paylocity

John larry V.
Fraud Prevention Specialist
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Great for Remote Worker"

Comments: I love Paylocity. My only con isn't an everyday issue that many users will encounter. It was mainly my bad luck. I would highly recommend this product for those that work remotely. I love that I don't have to get to a computer to clock in and out. The app is super easy to use, a child can figure it out in a jiffy.

Pros: clock in / clock out from ANYWHERE Keep track of your hours with a simple click missed punch? No problem. you can fix it yourself (if your HR didn't lock you out of it that is) Impressions section: Your company can give you praises and make it public.

Cons: There was a time that my bank account got compromised so my direct deposit info needed to be changed. It took my HR department a long time to get my info updated and for my pay check to be sent. I work remotely so Paylocity sent my paycheck to my company's office then my company sent the pay check to me through snail mail... with bad luck usps lost the letter.... getting my paycheck processed again took an entire pay period to receive my paycheck.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Krissy V.
Assistant Property Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Easily Manage your Timecard, PTO, Benefits, and More with Paylocity!"

Comments: I have used this service for clocking in/clocking out an managing employee time cards.

Pros: One of my favorite things about Palocity that makes it stand out from other software is the ability to customize and make a profile. You can connect with other teammates, and give each other props and recognition. It really helps build internal relationships, which is a really unique feature for a payroll software.

Cons: The interface for Paylocity is a little confusing in my opinion. It can be a little difficult to navigate the platform when you are new to the software. Sometimes I feel like commonly used tabs/links require a couple of clicks to access, instead of being readily available on the main homepage.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
James P.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"Payroll Management"

Comments: In general, we’ve had a good experience with this software. Paylocity has worked well to meet the payroll needs of our company. IT’s been easy to use and helps us to quickly and efficiently take care of the employee timekeeping and payroll each week. Paylocity manages all of the direct deposit, payroll deductions, payments to tax agencies, insurance companies and garnishments, et cetera, so that we don’t have to employ an in-house Payroll expert. Employees have an online profile that they can log into, where they can manage their information and can pull up their pay history. In a small company like ours, we appreciate the ability to oursource the heavy lifting of the payroll responsibilities. Paylocity has done a great job in this regard, and they are responsive when we need to give them a call for support.

Pros: Once you get Paylocity set up, the interface to input employee information and employee time is pretty easy to use, and we have never had issue with any software “glitches”. Whenever there has been any error, it was because of garbage in, garbage out. Paylocity automates all the payroll processing, so as long as the correct data is input each week, the whole weekly payroll process is painless and mostly effortless. The software's reporting features are good, and offer plenty of standardized reports that fit our needs, so we're able to easily handle the payroll accounting with our small office staff.

Cons: Paylocity's support is OK, but could be better. We have an account manager that handles our account, and you have to call or email your account manager. If I need an explanation, or support with an issue, leave a message and have to wait for her to get back to me. Often it takes a lot of back and forth to get the issue resolved, usually days, not hours.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Cherina A.
Marketing & Advertising
    3.5/5
    3.5/5
    2.5/5
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2014

"Paylocity - Web Pay"

Pros: Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons: One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2014
Ean J.
Controller
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Fantastic all in one"

Comments: Overall, now that everything is set up and correct, we couldn't be happier with the system. It does everything we need, plus some, and it's an all in one portal instead of having to log into 5 or 6 different systems all the time. The employees love it also since they can access everything they need in one place as well.

Pros: This combines several different services together in one place. Recruiting, HRIS, payroll, timekeeping, and even benefit admin are all in one system. Using one database for all of these systems, there is no repeat of data entry, which lowers the opportunity for mistakes dramatically. The employees have access to their own profile and can make changes and view their paystubs and tax documents at their leisure. Getting rid of the multiple different service providers saved us a bunch of money at the same time.

Cons: Implementation of a new system always has its issues, but the implementation team for our job seemed a little inept. There were several mistakes made that took quite a bit of time (both my team's and their's) to fix.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Jennifer W.
Marketing Coordinator
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR"

Comments: Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros: We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons: It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Cher K.
Senior Accountant
Packaging & Containers, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2020

"A Good Fit For Us"

Comments: Our experience overall has been a good one. Personally, I believe Paylocity is a good fit for our company. It’s enabled us to manage all of our payroll needs for our company, including multiple departments and cost centers. Processing payroll is fairly easy and straightforward. Paylocity handles all of the payroll deductions and sends the payments to the appropriate tax/government agency/insurance company etc. Employees get an electronic pay stub which can be printed if they wish. By going into the Employee Portal, they can also view or print their older pay stubs at any time. This gives employees a lot of visibility into their own pay history. Some employees have had difficulty navigating the system but most seem to appreciate the employee portal.

Pros: Paylocity's WebPay offers a large number of standard reports, and also the ability to create custom reports. I haven’t tried to create a custom report as the reports we use were already created and in use by the time I was hired. I have to say that I’ve found the reports we use give me all the information I need as an accountant, and I’m happy with the level of detail I have access to in the reports and the ability to export the data into an Excel file. We're quite pleased with the customer service we've received. We have a dedicated payroll specialist at Paylocity who has been very responsive whenever we’ve needed assistance. Sometimes she will need to look into an issue for me and get back to me. She always comes through in a timely fashion and we have no complaints about support.

Cons: Some of our employees have complained that they have trouble navigating the employee portal. Typically these have been employees that aren’t terribly tech savvy, so if you have similar issues there could be a learning curve but eventually most can learn to use the system without too much trouble.

• Reviewed on 7/02/2020
Kendall H.
Senior Corporate Recruiter
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"Paylocity"

Comments: Overall Paylocity is great, I love the onboarding, for the most part, is good with PTO feature works well and it is an easy system to keep track of the staff.

Pros: I love the onboarding process, that the candidates get sent the onboarding paperwork before they start, that it is easy for me to set them up and for them to do the paperwork.

Cons: I do not understand that you have to put in so much detail about the pay. The salary, hourly, weekly, I feel that you should put in the salary and that it should then do the math for you. Also, for the PTO tracking, I feel that it should show you what you have left to use after you book the day off so that people do not feel they have more time available to take off than they really do.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Ezzy S.
Sr Instructional Designer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Paylocity - A Nice Portal for Benefits"

Comments: Overall, Paylocity is a great product and I really appreciate having access to all my benefits in one spot.

Pros: What I really like about Paylocity is the work flow. It's pretty seamless to request time off, approve time off, and then to add that time off to a calendar. It's really nice to also have one place to go to see time off balances, paychecks, a directory of all my fellow co-workers, the company handbook, year-end reviews, goals, and more! I can very quickly get an overview of my performance as well as my benefits pretty much as soon as I log in. The phone app is really nice too.

Cons: One of the things I like the least about Paylocity is that when I log in to request time off, I have to click several buttons/hyperlinks to finally get to the Request Time Off option. It would be nice if that was more easily accessible. The Time-Off Balances screen is also a little confusing to use at first.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Collin E.
HRIS / Payroll Analyst
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Solid Payroll Platform for Small to Medium Size Businesses"

Comments: If you are a small to medium size business, this could be a great vendor for you. However, if you predict growing to a large enterprise level company down the road, it may be best to consider other vendors who can scale with you. In our experience, we outgrew Paylocity's functionality, and its system limitations caused us to move to another vendor. That is not to the fault of Paylocity however; I'm sure Facebook doesn't use Quickbooks!

Pros: Payroll platform is fairly robust compared to other systems targeting the small/medium size business demographic. Customer support and Reporting Suite is above average. I never had any problems with working with them at a company with around 150 employees. Cloud-based system is fast and nimble. Year end process was fairly painless. Can handle high-frequency payroll (we process weekly). Low processing time from pay period end to payday (Next day). Pricing is competitive!

Cons: The software is comprised as modules. Not an all in one solution out of the box. We utilized the HRIS and Payroll modules of Paylocity. I prefered the Payroll system over the HRIS, which seemed to be more of an afterthought. Implementation and support quality is not the best I've seen compared to other vendors. We ultimately transitioned to a larger payroll vendor with more robust functionality once our company grew to about 250 employees and do not regret it.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Adam D.
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Does what I need it to but there are better options available."

Comments: It processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.

Pros: The customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.

Cons: The software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Chandler I.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2018

"Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve"

Comments: I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pros: I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Cons: Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Cil A.
Human Resources Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"Paylocity Review"

Comments: I used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.

Pros: The "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.

Cons: Our company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/08/2018

"Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy"

Comments: I would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.

Pros: The support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.

Cons: Since our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.

• Reviewed on 1/08/2018
David F.
Managing Partner
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client"

Comments: Paylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.

Pros: Paylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.

Cons: I can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Tammy L.
Administrative Director
Medical Practice, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2019

"Administrative Director"

Comments: It is more time efficient with respect to hand entering time. There also is the fact that you can't make a punch-in error. All in all, over time I think this will be a great solution. There is just a lot to learn up front.

Pros: It is very convenient that it flows directly into Payroll. You can still make changes once it has been sent to the Payroll side, which is very nice in case you miss something. It saves a lot of time entering everyone's various hours, PTO, sick, etc. It is a huge time saver from that respect. The steps to do payroll are quite a bit more, but it is still nicer than entering all the time.

Cons: Trying to fix a time card where someone either forgot to punch out or punched out/in late and has to be corrected tends to be an issue. Additionally, when looking at the time off calendar it will only show so many names and then you have to click another button to see the remaining names of the people who are off. I wish the calendar would expand to allow all names to show so no scheduling errors would occur.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2019
Britnie T.
Human Resources Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

"Great HRIS System"

Comments: The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros: This system has many of the key features we were looking for:
-payroll system
-easy to manage HRIS
-good implementation
-good response time from our contacts
-many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons: Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Marie E.
Human Resources
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/08/2018

"Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features"

Pros: There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons: Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

• Reviewed on 7/08/2018
Emily B.
Payroll Specialist
Insurance, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda."

Comments: Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros: Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons: I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Jennifer O.
Vice President, HR Manager
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/08/2017

"Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support"

Pros: Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons: Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

• Reviewed on 17/08/2017
Megan V.
HR Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2018

"It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella. "

Pros: Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Cons: There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2018
K michele L.
Research Coordinator
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2019

"Paylocity Web Time "

Comments: In our company, we use Paylocity Web Time to record the time we work for each day, which allows us to reflect our accountability to our supervisor in real-time regardless of whether he/she is in the office, at a meeting off-site, or out in the field.

Pros: I've been using the Paylocity application for two years. I use Web Time to clock in for the day, sign out to take a break or lunch, or to clock out at the end of each work day. I also use the Web Time feature to request time off when I need to schedule a professional day off (PTO). The thing I like most about Paylocity and the Web Time feature is how easily accessible it is. So whether a user works in an office or out in the field, Paylocity Web Time is easily available to use for the user via their desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.

Cons: In the past two years, I have yet to discover a con about the Web Time feature.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2019
eCademy Teacher
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2018

"A great software for payroll and HR! "

Pros: I love how this software is easy to use, especially for the staff who are using it to log their hours and track their paychecks. It's great for organizations where staff are operating on two teams and they are technically being paid out of two different budgets. This was the case with me and it's made it easy to log my hours for each team and track pay each payday. It's also great for tracking each payday's paycheck and they have a function where you can go in and see your previous paychecks and the tax breakdown with each check. I would highly recommend it!

Cons: This software goes through a lot of updates and has some glitches and malfunctions here and there that could prevent you from logging your hours when you need it. The team is usually on it and will fix it pretty quickly, but it does happen often.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2018
Leighann S.
HR Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"You can do SOOO much better"

Comments: None. I spent SOO much time trying to fix issues on a regular basis. Complete waste of time.

Pros: GPS tracking for mobile punchers. Nothing more

Cons: Oh gosh...how much time do you have??? There are so many issues. I guess I'll try to hit the highlights. The City mandated paid sick time- it took them SIX MONTHS to get this programmed CORRECTLY. My ACA forms were completed incorrectly. I received notices from the IRS for two of my four companies that the forms needed to be redone and resubmitted. Paylocity never responded to my WEEKLY requests for updates on the status of the corrections. I ended up manually correcting and resubmitting myself. We made updates to our 401k plan. It took a month for them to get the matches calculated correctly and we didn't know until Q3 that when they did the set-up, they click a box to over-ride IRS regs (WHY is there even such a thing???) so I had employees that over contributed and over matched. When raising the issue with PL, the Rep said to just refund the excess (clearly he had no idea about 401k rules). On another occassion, last check of the year, my payroll person had to re-process a check for someone with 401k. When re-running the check she noticed the 401k contribution was missing (she didn't realize he hit the yearly max) so she contacted Paylocity. The Rep told her to CHANGE THE EMPLOYEE'S DOB!!!! so the system would allow a catch-up contribution and then change it back after she processed the check. HE WAS NOT ALLOWED A CATCH-UP. Needless to say, the employee received a distribution the next year for the excess contribution. HORRIBLE response to issues.

• Reviewed on 5/09/2019
Pamela B.
content screener
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2018

"Paylocity is an agravating time clock and needs serious help and upgrading to actually be user friendly."

Comments: This tedious piece of tech has caused me a ridiculous amount of frustration just trying to accomplish a SIMPLE task that should barely be given thought during the working day. The whole point, I thought, was to make the experience seamless and help productivity. I am highly annoyed that my company chose Paylocity over the system we had previously, which I never gave a second thought, and mind you, can't recall the name of because it WAS THAT EFFICIENT. I am not the only person at my company who had had to make due with this sub par program. It needs serious work to make it actually function, and is not worth whatever my company paid for it.

Pros: I am not a fan of Paylocity at all, to be frank. I am an employee who has to use this unfortunate piece of software, and on my end...it's a hair pulling fest more often than not.

Cons: 1. The fact that I have to SIGN in and then PUNCH in. If I had to do it only ONCE a day, it would be less of a bear. But I have to clock in and out four times. There is no idle clock timer or somesuch that can even be reset, so I have to slog through this redundant system four times every day. I love how going to "sign in" for my lunch break, that it has to sign me out first. ?? That's maddening.
2. How Paylocity loves to forget that I'm only on ONE device every week or two. There's nothing like trying to clock in and spending two minutes having to answer a security question while it spins its wheels. This is NOT efficient, and agravating. Other employees at my company have endured the same slovenly programmed issue.
3. It's finicky as all get out when trying to put in for time off. You can't fill in certain fields, or it will hiccup. You also can't put in for several days in a row because of the same, so of course, there's the tedious process of entering EVERY day you need separately. And, a simple mouse click and Paylocity's whim can even deny you a day off, which you then have to question your manager about, who admits it was the software. AGAIN.
4. Loading time. Again, I love going to clock in on time or early and have Paylocity play games such as taking it's sweet time to load the screen, or populate the field with my password so I can properly log in on top of everything else I have mentioned. Because I have a ludicrous amount of passwords I need to type in for my job already, the last thing I need is to have to remember ONE MORE.