Filter by:

• Overall

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is an online work execution platform empowering organizations of all sizes to plan, manage, automate, and report on work.

Learn more about Smartsheet

Showing 2,126 reviews

Megan C.
Megan C.
Producer, Owner
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2021

"Critical in daily management"

Comments: I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros: This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons: I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

• Reviewed on 9/07/2021
Aaron R.
Aaron R.
Director, Business Solutions & IT
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2021

"Good For Value, Limits in Scale"

Comments: Generally a good experience. Trouble only came when trying to do more advanced data analysis, and workflows.

Pros: Very good with basic project management features. Kanban is great, and you can view data multiple ways (kanban, gantt, table). The workspaces tool is cool, it's a good way to organize reports and data. Reports are great for showing users only the data they need, and keeps them out of source data tables. There is also good cross sheet functions like you would see in excel. Smartsheet is also one of the most widely available tools to be integrated with. Tools like Zapier make it easy to integrate with, and you can also upgrade to a live data connector to visualize your data in a tool like tableau.

Cons: Features can be way behind. They just introduced features like pivot, and group to analyze data. Their internal workflow tools are behind what's commonly available in the marketplace. And if you want to use a separate workflow tool like Zapier, you will pay to use it. Their row limit just went up from 5,000 to 20,000 in a sheet in 2020, which was always a limit of how much we could scale the tool.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and Quickbase

Switched From: Zoho Projects

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: Smartsheet is cost effective, and has better control rules and UI than spreadsheets.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2021
Michael B.
Training Manager
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2021

"SmartSheet is a robust cloud-based project management system"

Comments: We have been able to bring huge teams together with so much more ease by using SmartSheet. People of all skill sets can leverage the tracking tools available, making it easy for any PM to track their project(s).

Pros: Easy to integrate, just log in and go. It's so easy that anyone can use the system - not much training is required. SmartSheet's online community of job aids, training items, etc. is fantastic and robust - and gets you through every issue from small to advanced, if needed - and if not, you can reach out to a wonderful support team. This product brings together all your team members, especially in this remote Covid-19 world. You'll love using SmartSheet - it's SO much better than desktop-based PM solutions.

Cons: There is a learning curve due to the fact there are slight differences in using SmartSheet vs. what you might be used to already. But, that's really it - there are some things it just can't do - and other things that require a lot of setup and tweaking - but they're worth it - if you have the right project for it!

• Reviewed on 29/09/2021
Will P.
Will P.
project manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2021

"Long Time User - Construction Management"

Comments: I have been using smart sheets for over 8 years in multiple company's each with different needs, each time I transition to a new company I try an implement smart sheets to help organize the company. Every time I have left a company they have continued to utilize Smartsheet's. Smartsheet's is a very powerful tool that can be utilized and maintained very easily and cost effectively.

Pros: The biggest feature I liked about smart sheets is the capability to be completely designed to the users strategy.

Cons: The that i like the least about this software, is the calendar feature needing ability to pull multiple dates for a single project.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project, B2W Estimate, PASKR, Procore and BuilderTREND

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: customizability, use for various functions, cost

• Reviewed on 24/08/2021
Nadia S.
Nadia S.
Student Recruitment Officer
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2021

"Great project management tool"

Pros: Very easy to use project management tool. Great for collaboration, managing timelines, and event planning.

Cons: Found the tool very useful and easy to use. Could expand a bit further on ways to integrate keeping people on task, but overall great tool.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2021
Shannon Y.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2021

"Smartsheet is like Excel & PowerPoint had a child"

Pros: Smartsheet is a great option for middle of the road users that don't need the powerhouse complexity of excel, but need more standardization and features to organize tasks than simple task management like Trello. Its user friendly and has the capability to move data from one team to another through automations, reports, messaging, and data display. The more users, the data, or the moving parts the more difficult Smartsheet is to use, but in my experience most people don't run into those complexities.

Cons: Smartsheet is new compared to a lot of other project management software and they're developing new features all the time. In some ways this is wonderful because they take customer feedback seriously and implement changes relatively quickly. However, I feel that it doesn't quite know what its going to be yet and there are limitations around data display that require time consuming work arounds or out of the box thinking. For example. I can aggregate data into a report but I can't display portions of a report on a dashboard in a chart. There are pivot table add ons that are not as simple as say an excel pivot so I essentially have to make my own pivot using formulas to chart data. It works, but its round-about and features that might improve this process are extra.

Michaela F.
Creator & Educator
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/07/2021

"The Software That Helps Me Create"

Pros: I use Smartsheet for a wide variety of projects that are so different in nature it's stunning it can all be done on one platform. I have one sheet for a list of plants I want to buy for my garden, complete with growing conditions and pictures. It does miracles as I stand in a gardening store wondering about the right varieties. I have another for managing my freelance work, budgets, timelines, tasks. Another sheet is a massive collection of ideas for my video channel and blog posts. Then there is the sheet with information about art prints and products I sell - sizes, prices, thumnails. I also organized my husband's secret Birthday party using a contact-based Smartsheet shared with accomplices. We went to our favorite town for "a trip" just to keep meeting over twenty friends from 4 countries who secretly arrived as well. Oh, and did I say that I'm writing a book using a Smartsheet? An unlikely use, given that it's not a text editor, but my chapter segments are short and the key is in organizing them into the right sequence, so, they ended up as cells in a spreadsheet too. The way Smartsheet allows me to attach files, images, notes and comments but still keep it all on the same line is fantastic. It helps me think. The was a mind map opens our brain to possibilities and ideas, Smartsheet nails them down. I use it every time I need to get a sense of structure and organization. It's become my go-to tool for making stuff happen.

Cons: I don't like the fact that I can't easily copy and paste cells from Excel. I don't like to import entire files. Sometimes I just need a section of a sheet to be added. Even if the paste wouldn't be perfect, it should be possible to paste from an Excel sheet or a simple text document where each line would appear in the next row.

• Reviewed on 7/07/2021
Megan B.
Supervisor, Medical Device Engineering
Medical Devices, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/06/2021

"Really great product from a really great company"

Comments: Smartsheet has been a really great company to work with overall. The customer service team is absolutely wonderful. They're super attentive and very knowledgeable. The training resources that Smartsheet provides are also exceptional. Any time I'm trying to figure out something new, it's very easy to find training materials on how to do it and they're very clear and easy to follow. We've been able to make a huge improvement in how we organize and communicate a lot of our work in our department specifically and across the business because of Smartsheet.

Pros: I love how easy it is to collaborate and share information with Smartsheet. With the different permission levels and how easy it was to get our whole company set up with Smartsheet, it has made so much of our project work so much easier and has enabled us to keep all relevant teams, and even just interested parties, up to speed on all that we have going on.

Cons: The one feature that I do wish would be added would be a visual timeline feature like MSP has. A lot of times our executive management team would like to see a simplified timeline with key milestones, but in order to do that with Smartsheet, we have to transfer things into PPT Timeline, which isn't impossible, it's just an added step that is a little inconvenient.

• Reviewed on 30/06/2021
Andrea W.
Director of Programs
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Best thing since sliced bread"

Comments: This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

Pros: The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

Cons: I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Carissa J.
Director Enrollment
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Very robust collaboration tool"

Comments: We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Pros: Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

Cons: One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Cecilia G.
Marketinh Coordinator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

"Awesome software"

Comments: I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

Pros: -easy to use and costumize
-more than one user can modify simultaneously
-you can add your company's logo
-you can set group and individual reminders
- Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified.
-different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

Cons: - not all reminders can be set with time to remind
- can't add a conditional formatting based on time
- if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Because I needed a tool that would have also a calendar view, and that could be exported to Excel format for future references.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: More options and could be tailored to our needs

Rick F.
Senior Director, Dynamic Pricing Execution
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2019

"Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes"

Comments: We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Pros: Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Cons: Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: We still use Sharepoint for some internal PMO functions but it is too slow. Smartsheet is much faster and more efficient for most of our processes

Project Manager - Business Intelligence and Campaigns
Philanthropy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2019

"Smartsheet - Functionality and Communities make this an indispensable application"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been wonderful. The extremely active Community has made all the difference in the world, answering questions within an hour or two. The staff are also active in the Community and you can see their passion for the application and truly helping their customers. Smartsheet is highly worth the investment.

Pros: Smartsheet has so much going for it. It truly fits the new technological world that we live in by providing more than just the basics. Being a cloud-based application (SaaS), and compatible with mobile devices, makes it more functional across the board. It mostly touts itself as a project management tool, which is very true. Most project managers utilize certain applications that require the project to be saved down to a file, which is not easily shareable. Smartsheet can handle the same project management tools and live in cyberspace that can be utilized by numerous people, which different levels of access (viewing, editing, administering) and different views (tasks, gantt, kanban, etc.), and allow people to make comments, add attachments, and more. The most use I have made of Smartsheet within my organization is using it like a spreadsheet. I'm able to have numerous sheets for different departments where they have access to only their own sheets and update only what they need to update. Then I can create a new sheet that combines information from all of the sheets that will auto-update from the original sheets. I can also create reports and dashboards (with charts, metrics, etc.) based on information from all the different sheets. It's quite functional and utilizes much of the same fundamental logic that Excel provides. The Smartsheet website has an extremely detailed (and searchable) Help section and very active Community. Even includes videos to help guide!

Cons: Smartsheet does have some limitations. Most specifically, it isn't Excel and it isn't Project, so users shouldn't expect it to do everything those applications can do. However, there are times when it seems obvious that a particular functionality should be included that isn't. With that said, Smartsheet does a great job of listening to the Community and is constantly improving the application with enhancements to help the Community with its most voted on requests. Another thing that is frustrating is when an error pops up. More often than not, the error is written in a way that doesn't tell the user how to fix the error. Again, when this happens, I just reach out to the Community and get the answers I need.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2019
Ayman S.
Ayman S.
Sr. Planning Engineer
Construction, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2021

"A great platform for companies to stay updated on project progress"

Pros: I found in this application is to simplify the processes between the members of the work team, where each member of the team, according to his specialization, will contribute directly to the update processes, which provides flexibility for all team members, and keeps them informed directly on all project updates.
The application also provides the feast of tools and services and has a distinctive Gantt style presentation and distinctive formats that make it easy to track all activities in the project and also enables you to schedule tasks accurately.
I like the way the project data is organized. It can be easily accessed by several users from different countries once you save the changes made to any of the data by one of the team members.
The application helps small organizations that are unable to bear the costs of many specialists to manage their projects with great flexibility and efficiency. The application also allows large companies and stakeholders to receive updates and reports on their projects on a permanent basis, allowing them to stay informed and enable them to make the right decisions at the right time.

Cons: There is nothing unpleasant, it takes some time to get used to and after that, you will find that the results are amazing, as the interface of the application is clear and easy to use, and the support team is always ready to provide assistance and answer inquiries.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2021
Nathan R.
Business Development Analyst and Marketing Manager
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2020

"Smartsheet is the Project Management Software of Choice"

Comments: I am planning projects, collaborating on large scale projects, and even managing our sales pipeline across eight separate sheets. We roll up our data into dashboards and are using some of the automation features; however, we could do so much more on that front.

Pros: Smartsheet is like Excel on steroids. It is a very powerful, yet simple to use software. It is easy for team members, regardless of whether they are paid subscribers, to easily collaborate on projects.

Cons: There are some specific project management tools that I would personally like to see implemented in this software that would give it an edge over other programs. However, these would affect the functionality very little and would be more bells and whistles.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Smartsheet rolls up all of the main functions that we would use in these software programs into one software program for a MUCH more affordable price.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: A coworker used Smartsheet in her MBA program, and she recommended I take a look at it. After reviewing the program online, and enrolling in the trial period, I decided that I preferred Smartsheet over Trello due to its features and functions.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2020
Damon B.
Damon B.
Sr. Director of Project Management
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2019

"Lots of power"

Pros: I use it mostly for project plans and it's great for that. I like that I can share via a link to anyone and they don' have to have a SmartSheet account, and they can even make edits if I allow them.

Cons: I'm the admin and when one of my users leaves, you can only migrate their project plans to a single user. I wish I could pick some plans to go to person A, some to person B, and so on.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: SmartSheets is web based so makes for easier collab.

Switched From: iTaskX

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: MS Project was just overkill for us.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Beth B.
HR Project Manager
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2021

"A Daily Smartsheet Users Review"

Comments: My overall Smartsheet experience has been excellent and I am a firm advocate of using Smartsheet for all the projects that I am involved in. If I am ever unable to work out how to do something in Smartsheet the various support channels available are always able to either provide a solution or in the rare occasions when this isn't possible then it can be raised as a request to be added.

Pros: The features that I like most about using Smartsheet, as a daily user, and a key advocate of Smartsheet within my organisation is the ease of use and accessibility. Often, when adding a new user it is not necessary to give more than a 10 minute overview of how our plans are setup and then they are able to update and view it with ease. Dashboards are also such a key, visual tool, accessible within the same application which is often not the case with other PM solutions. Smartsheet is our go to tool for project management within our HR Team.

Cons: At times it is hard to apply more complicated formula's within cells and it takes more time to work them out than it would do in excel. Often it is possible and we get the result wanted in the end with help from Smartsheet support. Also there are some limitations with the Calendar App which we have begun using but not as much as we would want to due to not having as many options as we would like to for example display the calendar views and to jointly share the calendars so that more than one person can edit them without having to switch ownership.

Jack L.
Brand and Planning Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"Superb software"

Comments: Smarthsheet has enabled a central team to create a one-version-of-the-truth plan across multiple comms and product teams and allows me to create multiple (and various) outputs for different stakeholders and elevate the impact of the work we do has.

Pros: This is a great piece of software that is continuing to grow in use within our organisation. I have long been an admin user of this solution and have continued to build an understanding of all the excellent features that are available within this. This is also at the most basic integration of the software too and I know there is far more scope for it to be even better used.
The use of automation rules and workflows makes this software excellent to keep large plans up to date with multiple stakeholders and in my opinion it is the perfect blend of excel and project make this a great solution for tracking project progress.
The flexible options in reports and dashboards are great additions to the software. I

Cons: We do not utilise the full capability of smartsheet and have a basic version so I think that this software covers so many bases that could be used for any organisation for any piece/type of work. Based on how we use it the software is continuously updated, however there are two main areas I would like to see improved:
- The report format isn't flexbile enough (e.g. cell colours or parent rows etc.)
- Having a printable card view would be really helpful.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Paul K.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2019

"Smartsheet - It started out small..."

Comments: The experience - honestly, was shocking! Two of us started using the system after looking at many others. We found our customers liked seeing updates "live" as a great benefit. We, the two of us, started to show people how to use it and what it could do and the result was phenomenal. New uses seem to pop up every day! It has solved MANY problems we struggled with in the past!

Pros: Flexibility and ease of customization! We started using this tool strictly as a project management tool due to a need for our customers to be notified of progress or changes at any time. Once we established our use of Smartsheet as our go to project management tool, we started using it's notification and feedback capability to many other "things" that needed the same type of functionality. We now use the request functionality to track quote requests, requests for lab work, etc. We also use it to track time sensitive items like calibration schedules, maintenance schedules, etc. It's become our default answer to problems - "Can we do something in Smartsheet...?"

Cons: The only thing I would like to see improved is the ability to archive things - like schedules so we could quickly "archive" a completed item.

Sabharish K.
Sabharish K.
Business Process Optimization Engineer
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2020

"More than a task tracking software, great templates and interactive dashboard capabilities!"

Comments: Overall experience with Smartsheet has been great especially the training material offered for free on how to use the software is time well spent. Project charters, change management implementation plans, RACI matrix, project roadmaps, hits/misses, success metrics tracking, allocating resources efficiently to the top priority projects, managing risks within projects, milestone tracking, sponsor roadmaps etc makes it an all-in-one package.

Pros: Ease of use, online accessibility and sharing capability, simple to use, reporting capabilities, excellent training resources, easy UI, great for collaboration, resource allocation and tracking, customization for specific needs, cell linking, report generations, DASHBOARDS, forms/surveys, gantt/card/calendar views, critical path, data organization and controlling visibility. Recently, they also rolled out a 10,000 foot view which gives you a high-level snapshot of project status and you can keep drilling down as much as you like.

Cons: Cannot adjust row height, parent/child relationship at the sub-task level is not possible, cannot multi-select items in a list, more Excel type formulas and data analysis capability, more selection of templates, reordering favorites (priority), integrations with more applications. The visualization capabilities are slightly weak and hard to understand. It needs to be simplified a bit more.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2020
Alexandra P.
Project Director
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2021

"Smartsheet is very valuable for project management"

Comments: I like to use smartsheet because it's easy to use, easy to share and it's also very flexible and adaptable to any kind of project.
I use it on every project I manage and share it with my customers whenever it's possible. This way, we share a common vision on the schedule and everyone has acces to modifications.

Pros: The simplicity of the tool and the similarity with excel (which can allow any new comers in a project to understand how it works). The export feature to be able to share the schedule with anyone. The tick opion to vizualize the progress of the project at glance.

Cons: The "Working days" to fill manually (I think this could be automated with a year choice and editable to fit any project).
I would also like to have a "Table only view" because now I can only see table + gant or gant only.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project and monday.com

• Reviewed on 22/09/2021
Vanessa M.
Head of Production
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2021

"Smartsheet review after 6 years of use."

Comments: I have been a user of Smartsheet for around 6 years and it has become an essential part of our end to end production process from development to customer delivery.
The functions on Smartsheet allow me to monitor all stages of the production process, each sheet can be customised to include the critical path stages required for each order.

Pros: Smartsheet is extremely easy to use both on computer/laptop and on a smartphone, even if you are not an expert in excel. You can develop a smartsheet to have very simple task options such as a simple tick or a date to confirm task is completed or more complexed options using workflow of formulas.
There is a history function on each Cell so you can look back at all changes made. The lock functions on columns is very useful when sharing a sheet that you only want other users to have editing rights to some columns. When sharing a sheet the other users do not need to have license and there are editing rights options for each user.
Other functions I find very useful are the Alert function, Attachments (also keeps history), Comments can be added and emailed to users and the reminder function.

Cons: I don't have any criticisms to say about smartsheet as it works fine as it is for all my needs.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Easy to Use for a variety of Users"

Comments: I have used this product for over a year, and I am constantly learning new things and how to improve our processes and projects. I love that Smartsheet is constantly updating and they do have a very useful user community for solving problems via their forums and videos.

Pros: I like that they developed it to resemble traditional spreadsheet programs. This makes introducing the concepts to those with less experience using software. I find that when I show users how similar it is to other products they use, they are more willing to test and try the software. In addition, you aren't just getting a "smart" spreadsheet, the card view and gantt view make explaining timelines and projects much easier. I love seeing the look on new users faces when they realize the potential.

Cons: The automation tools are great, and the workflows you can develop can be very useful. However, there are times when their automation goes down and the company is not quick to respond to users on this. I have had instances where my alerts or notifications never get sent, and I am none the wiser. This has led to some skepticism by users on the viability of the product.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
IT & Quality Management Sr. Specialist
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2019

"Happy to See Timely Updates"

Comments: Overall, Smartsheet has been an excellent solution for our organization thus far.

Pros: The frequent and useful updates to the software are great.

Cons: The price increases and limiting of functionality for free users.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet: Price

Switched From: Pie

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet: The pricing structure.

David H.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Packaging & Containers, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2021

"Fantastic Software for Project Management, Resource Allocation, and Task Tracking"

Comments: Overall I have had great success using SmartSheet for over 5 years. It has been integral in communicating large, multi-plant and multi-function projects as well as more simple projects and department task and resource tracking. This is certainly the best project management software I have used.

Pros: The best features in SmartSheet are the ability to get quick status updates and resource tracking, these have been critical to our business. The Gantt charts are also extremely useful and easy to format to the time base that is necessary.

Cons: Although I think there have been updates on this, one feature I found lacking when I first started using SmartSheet was lack of an easy way to link multiple projects onto a single sheet. I solved this by just using a single sheet for multiple projects, so I have not looked into using any updates they may have installed for this.