Widen Collective Reviews

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Widen Collective

Power your content with an award-winning DAM+PIM+MRM solutions and service beyond compare.

Learn more about Widen Collective

Photography and Visual Resources Coordinator
Museums & Institutions, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Overall, I've found Widen to be easy to use and a good option for asset management.

Pros: Widen was already easy to use, but their improved upload feature has made updating asset metadata much more efficient.

Cons: Sometimes when updating individual metadata can be finnicky or time consuming

Tommy U.
Creative Director
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with."

Comments: My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Pros: I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves. On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool. The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running. My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need. In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Cons: The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2017
Barbara M.
Production Administrator
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Widen Collective - a True Leader in the Field!"

Comments: Our challenge was that duplicate files were everywhere. Our employees had no idea what assets were current or expired - so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing. By purchasing a DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies. In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process. You will find that the customer service is amazing. Widen's team will help guide you through all of your challenges to ensure you build a successful DAM. In addition, once your system is built – Widen continues to build a relationship with you - providing full support even after the on-boarding process is complete. They are dependable, accountable and extremely customer focused.

Pros: The DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility. In addition - we love the Portals - which allows us to provide assets to our non users.

Cons: Knowing that a DAM is customized to your company’s needs, I'm not going to lie – implementing a DAM system can be grueling and a lot of work. But that’s the beauty of a DAM – as your company grows, your DAM can also grow and be customized to reflect changes and future needs.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Nick S.
Creative Consultant
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2016

"We love WIDEN"

Comments: We've been using WIDEN's DAM for about three years now to organize and distribute marketing deliverables to other internal departments like sales, development, etc. It makes it so easy to have a single, definitive location to find marketing-related assets. People don't have to wonder where to look to see if they have the latest version of an asset. And we don't have to worry about people accessing things they shouldn't. It also cuts down a lot on the requests we get day to day, because folks know where to go to find things themselves. And the support team at WIDEN is awesome and super friendly and helpful whenever we do have to reach out to them (which isn't that often because their product is great!).

Pros: It makes keeping things organized (which is a complicated job) super easy.

Cons: It works really, really well, but as with any asset management tool, there is ongoing maintenance and auditing that has to take place. That can get tedious at times, but we realize that it has to be done to keep things current, delete outdated/redundant assets, or just to check things that might have been uploaded with incorrect metadata, for instance.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2016
Hannah S.
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2016

"Widen is an advanced, user friendly media asset"

Comments: What I like best about Widen is that it is multifunctional. Not only is it a secure way to archive images, documents and videos, but it also allows you to share these files amoungst coworkers and clients with ease. Multiple people can be uploading, sharing and viewing files with no problem. It takes the weight off of one person having to manage the content and allows anyone to distribute items without a hassle.

Pros: The biggest business problem that it has solved for my company is it allows multiple people to do what once was a one person task. It saves time when being able to have multiple people have access to the same files and being able to send, upload and manage it all. Being able to easily send outside organizations images and documents has saved us so much time and has left very little room for error when sending. With Widen's recent website advancement's, it's given me an opportunity to create a creative brief for projects I'm working on. All within 1 website. It's great.

Cons: This doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I will be uploading files and Widen will time out or freeze during my upload and I'll have to start the process all over. This could be a problem with my internet connection as well.

Jennifer R.
Manager, Internal and Media Relations
Machinery, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2016

"Widen Collective Digital Asset Management Platform for Large Corporations"

Comments: Our company has used this platform for several years now and it's been increasingly important in our marketing communications strategy as we move from print to digital. The more I learn about the tool the most impressed I am, and there is always something new to learn because they not only keep pace with the latest technology -- they actually stay ahead. There is no need to build costly new platforms from scratch, we just need to rely on the experts at Widen, learn from them and deploy. Great value for anyone who is serious about digital marketing.

Pros: Easy to use and getting easier every day..

Cons: So much to learn and so little time!

Robert N.
Digital Asset & Media Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2017

"Currently finishing my 3rd consecutive Widen DAM Implementation, with NO large issues encountered."

Comments: Incredibly intuitive front and back ends, with strong client support. Moving forward, we're planning on eliminating multiple, redundant digital distro solutions with a single Widen DAM workflow.

Pros: The Admin GUI is an intuitive mix of front-end and back-end Admin Tools, with STRONG client support accessible via Chat, email, demos and structured training sessions.

Cons: Lack of an XML generator (so, no ability to create an MRSS feed for distro to 'New Media' platforms such as STB's and smartphones), and lack of a .csv ingest manager for direct 'Custom Metadata Import.'

• Reviewed on 31/08/2017
Corey C.
Manager of Digital Assets
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2016

"Widen sits at the pinnacle of the DAM world"

Comments: I have been a constant user of the Widen Media Collective for almost 5 years and have no problem saying that it is the best digital asset management system that I have used in almost 20 years of DAM experience. Not only is their product superb, but what really sets them apart from other vendors is the quality of their customer service. When you become a Widen customer, you become part of the Widen family, and they take care of you. I honestly can't say enough about them.

Pros: Very user-friendly UI, free functionality upgrades, wider range of customizability than other DAM systems.

Cons: Minor cosmetic issues.

Krystal M.
Art Director
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Widen review"

Pros: the ease of finding artwork. Organizes all of our purchased and concept art. So easy to find something quickly

Cons: sometimes the search does not work. keywords are added, but random things will still come up that I did not search for.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Caitlyn F.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2018

"Great!"

Pros: The customer service is key when I need a question answered right away. I have had the best experience with our widen representative.

Cons: Sometimes I wish it had certain features and functions to make searching easier but I'm still trying to figure out everything.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2018
Tyler M.
Support Services Manager
Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Fantastic, Love it!!"

Pros: Customer Support, website functionality, ease of uploading new assets and then finding them later, user control, sharing capabilities including the file type selection. Love the zoom feature!

Cons: Honestly, it's not with Widen itself. My biggest complaint is with my own team because I keep having to reset people's passwords for the site because they forget them. Luckily, it's really easy to do in the Admin functions!

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Maribeth F.
Account Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2010

"Thank you"

Comments: Great tool for our organization!

Pros: Mediacollective has greatly reduced the number of hours our design team has spent fulfilling image requests for coworkers in the US and abroad. It is a professional system for our users. The reports are very helpful from an administrator point of view. The customer service team answers our questions and forwards user questions in a short amount of time. Thank you!

Cons: > Currently, there isn's a way to view thumbnails of an order.
> Placing a cap on the number of assets someone can place in one order (no more than 20).
> Or deny part of an order without denying the entire order and and placing a new request for the approved assets.

by Widen on 3/12/2010

Viewing thumbnails of an order (assets available for download) is presented. Limits can be placed Per Order with a conversion limit per order and Per User with a conversion limit per user that may be reset monthly, quarterly or yearly. Widen is able to show clients how this works within their Collective application. Thank you for the feedback as this contributes to future development initiatives in areas of ease-of-use and intuitiveness.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2010
Anthony K.
Web Administrator
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Open up the DAM with Widen."

Comments: The company I work for was looking for something to better help manage all of our assets and make them more accessible for the employees. Widen was the solution that we found and they were extremely helpful in the transition. Once we had our assets sent to them and uploaded, we did the admin training with our Widen team member. They made sure to clearly go over everything I was going to need to know and in depth enough to where I had a good grasp on everything. They were knowledgeable in answering any questions I had while explaining it in terms that I was able to understand. After the training was over I was very confident that I would be able to answer any questions that were brought to me. Using Widen has helped the overall workflow and aided in employees getting assets for themselves that previously they had to go through various channels to get. It also is nice that it works as another backup of all of our assets and makes them available to users as long as they have an internet connection. It is easy to use and navigation becomes second nature after getting used to it. I can't think of any cons that I have. They are constantly listening to feedback to help their product evolve.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Matt K.
Production Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2017

"Great Product for keeping our partner assets organized."

Comments: Helps us keep our ad partners organized, as well as keeping all of our creative assets for the clients in one easy to navigate place.

Pros: Easy to use, bot internally and our advertising partners. The training process of users is very fast and simple. The DAM is a great way to keep all of our advertising assets organized by vendor and client.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2017
Kristi E.
Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2012

"Widen for Large Image Storage"

Comments: It's a great product, and has worked very well for what we need it for. I wasn't directly involved with the implementation process but I know it proceeded quickly and without problem. Overall, it's a very good tool.

Pros: We use Widen as a storage warehouse for all of our large files so that anyone in our company can access these images, as well as our distributors internationally. It's made file sharing easy, fast, and convenient- everything is stored in one place. It allows us to keep memory space on our personal computers by not having to store these massive files on our individual PCs.

Cons: I work quite a bit with metadata for the uploaded images and I wish there was a way to clone metadata more easily so that I didn't have to re-title each image. Also, being able to mass release images would be nice rather than having to do them one by one.

Andrew Q.
Marketing Project Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"WidenReview"

Comments: Overall it's very easy to navigate and well organized.

Pros: One source for archiving projects with easy access to view them

Cons: Always ask for a reason to download an asset

Hunter C.
Sales Support Co-op
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2012

"Digital Asset Management"

Comments: If an organization has a need to store large amounts of digital assets and must share those assets across multiple departments, utilizing a DAM could bring tremendous value. While training and quality assurance are necessary to effectively implement a digital asset management system, the time and energy saved by storing assets in a comprehensive way in a central location can provide value to an organization.

Pros: The DAM is an excellent way to consolidate our digital assets into one place. It allows our employees to share data across multiple departments while eliminating uncertainty in where and how data is stored.

Cons: There is a learning curve while using the DAM. The DAM can only work effectively if users understand rules behind tagging data and how to operate the system. As with any type of process, continued training and quality control are necessary to ensure the effectiveness of the DAM.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2012
Amber S.
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2010

"A learning curve, but overall has been a good experience!"

Comments: Overall, this database opens many doors for your customers by allowing them the ability to customize marketing pieces, etc. It also works great to allow for images to be downloaded by your customers for use on their website, in mailers and marketing pieces to name just a few. For our particular business, it allows our customers more hands on and can help to save them valuable time!

Pros: This is def. a learning curve, but opens so many doors for customers.
Great staff that is willing to work with you above and beyond!
Updates/upgrades occur regularly which continually helps to improve processes by making them more efficient and just better.

Cons: Takes time to learn!
Go to meetings for trainings can be rather confusing at times and hard to know what questions to ask if you haven't been exposed to it long enough.
Extra software may be required to access full function of parts of this database!!

• Reviewed on 11/06/2010
Elizabeth L.
Photography Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2010

"Very helpful software!"

Comments: Overall, this product has really helped us and we will continue to use it in the future. Many other departments have used our site and are now adding their photos as well.

Pros: Widen has really helped us bring together our photo archive and creates one organized place for everything to be. We can be confident that our files are safe with this product, which is a concern we have had for many years. It is also very nice to be able to access our files from any location and send them easily through the internet. The customer service people are very helpful and are always available when we run into problems.

Cons: The backside of the program can be a bit tedious and hard to figure out. We have been using the software for about a year now and I am just beginning to really figure out the ins and outs of it.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2010
Krista W.
Marketing Communications Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2/12/2011

"Widen Data Asset Management - A great tool"

Comments: We have only recently started to use the Widen Data Asset Management tool, but everything about our experience has been great! We started working with Widen through a sister company of ours and Widen has been very accomodating and has helped a ton to get our interface to where we need it. This tool is going to be legendary in our office. We will save countless hours of time that was previously wasted searching through thousands of files. Since our team is fairly new to the system I've had to contact support a few times. They have always been very helpful and even stayed late to help me figure something out with the system, I'm looking forward to discovering what else we can do with our new data asset management tool through Widen.

Pros: Easy to use
Saves TONS of time
Adaptable to your needs
Great support

Cons: Initial asset load takes a lot of time (I don't know that there's any way to avoid that though)

• Reviewed on 2/12/2011
Phil B.
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2010

"Widen Collective Success"

Comments: The Widen collective system probably saves me 800-1000 hours a year. That allows me to focus more on creative work, planning for new photography. For the most part the system is easy enough to use for the end user with a fairly low level of computer literacy. Every time the cost for the system comes up we simply create a graph showing the number of users, the number of assets downloaded, and then explain what the time savings is for our department. Once it becomes clear how much work is done, and done easier as a result of the ease our clients have in getting proper images the worth is absolutely clear.

Pros: Ease of use, cost effective, time saver, web-based for portability.

Cons: Would like more custom options available in the user interface. Would like to have an iphone ap designed specifically for managing users, and metadata on the collective.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2010
Lauren P.
Digital Design and Content Manager
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2016

"DAM for Non-profit"

Comments: I am new to using this platform. The customer experience has been great, they did a full walk through of the functionality and platforms. It is a bit dense however, and really does require you to use a good few times before you get the hang of it. Currently we are just using the storage and as a place to house our website images. I really like that it makes uploading picture to the website easier, and overwriting newer versions of images is easy. The process to upload an asset takes some time, but it forces you to be through in your tagging.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2016
Jennifer S.
Shipping Clerk
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2012

"Pros and overall review from InSinkErator"

Comments: The Digital Asset Management System is an extremely useful way to keep all of our assets (images, spec sheets, packaging, etc) in one central location for easy access for our company and all of our customers and vendors to retrieve files.

Pros: 1) Ease of use when searching for specific file types. 2) Star feature, to put most used assets at the beginning of your search. 3) Faster load time.

Cons: No cons come to mind at the moment. The system has become a lot more user-friendly. The only con I can think of at this time is on our company side, in how we assign keywords that allow all our customers search. We deal with various languages and have to determine words that make it easy for all countries to search.

Claudia B.
Executive Manager, SG&I Marketing Operations
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2013

"Excellent DAM Tool, Even Better Company"

Comments: Intergraph implemented our WIDEN DAM system in June 2013. From the time we purchased the system to our go-live date, the implementation process was six months, largely due to the vast amount of data we had to organize and import into the DAM. The WIDEN team made this process as easy as possible for us - providing tips and guidance every step of the way. Their team of project managers and support personnel are the best in the business, and make you feel like your company is the only one that matters. Our DAM launch has been a great success. Any issues we've had since launch have been minor, and have been addressed immediately by the WIDEN support team. We first selected WIDEN based on their tool set and capabilities, but I can't say enough about their support. They go the extra mile for all their customers.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2013
Pranay M.
Senior Technical Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2018

"Awesome Digital Asset Management tool I have ever used."

Comments: This tool have some good features that saves the time. It allowed our organization to manage the digital assets in effective manner.

Pros: Amazing customer service. Users can be added very easily. Uploading an asset is simple. We can find the newly added assets easily.

Cons: There is nothing to dislike. I loved using this tool. I like to recommend this tool to whoever i know.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2018