• Overall
    4.2 /5
    4.3 /5

About Wrike

Wrike is an enterprise project management software with templates, time tracking, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, reports, and more.

Learn more about Wrike

Showing 1,651 reviews

• Reviewed on 27/03/2021

"Marketing Agency Buyer Beware"

Comments: Buyer beware if you're a marketing agency looking at Wrike for PM tool. We engaged Wrike to help us solve some very specific issues in which we outlined in detail during our numerous calls with sales rep. He showed us high-level that we could solve for our needs in his demo account which was not set-up to be agency-specific. He gave us test access and we tested as much as we knew how to test not understanding how to use the system but was reassured by the sales rep over and over again that Wrike could solve our needs. We decided to proceed with Wrike and even purchase the onboarding package so that someone could train us on how to use the system. The first onboarding rep we were given had literally zero clue how agency operations were set-up. We again outlined everything we needed Wrike to accomplish for our business and we left our first session feeling like we made a big mistake. We were given a second onboarding rep who was a lot better however, after three sessions, he couldn't even help us with solving our needs. To his credit, he tried so many workarounds but the system still wasn't working for what we made very clear we needed it to do. For reference these are the items we stated numerous times we needed this system to solve for: 1. transparency with clients being able to plan out ongoing marketing plans (solved only 50%)
2. track time and effort to be able to track workload (solved)
3. track ongoing month-over-month retainer budgets and products clients (not accurate

Pros: Detailed task management
Workload managment

Cons: See below including very poor customer service

by Wrike on 6/04/2021

Thanks for your feedback. The experience you describe does not reflect the level of service we strive to deliver, and we want to help make it right. We were unable to identify your account from the information here, so please contact us directly at [email protected] We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2021
Norzihan I.
Recruiter
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"Best project collaboration tools when work from home"

Comments: Pleasure experience working with this software, we have modernize on how we managing our project and we can get a real-time progress tracking after using Wrike.

Pros: The fact that i can accessing to this software to get update on my project that i collaborating with my colleague is the biggest point. Wrike can be access from my web browser and need no software installation with it. The graphical design for the software is minimal and clean, and it not messing my eyes after hours of time staring at the software.

Cons: We can't adding all the employees on the company to have access to the software, as it will cost more based on the user using it. On other word, it is expensive for small and medium organization to own the software. There are no new feature introduce to the software, and the current bugs takes month to get fix.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Rickey J.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2021

"Pretty good but if you need something powerful look at others"

Comments: Not a big fan. It gets the job done, and there's nothing really negative about it, but i do find it lacking in powerful features.

Pros: It's easy to use, once you get an understanding of how the platform organizes data, it's fairly intuitive. I also liked that you can create your own reports, even as a regular user (not an admin), which helps with maintaining a cadence.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding how things are organized. The interface is pretty plain and not very attractive.

by Wrike on 15/04/2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize that our service did not satisfy your expectations.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2021
Mike H.
CIO
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"Excellent tool for PM's, Easy to use for non-PM's"

Comments: This has been a fantastic addition to our Projects Division toolkits, and has been integral in the success of several projects we have run via Wrike. Without this tool we would not have been able to properly organize all of the steps and milestones, and undoubtedly would not have had such success with each project we completed.

Pros: We were looking for a full project management suite our PM was focused on a robust tool that met all of the PM standards and requirements. As we reviewed various software suites we found that although many met their needs, they were very difficult to use and understand for non-project oriented staff; this was critical for us many staff are required to interact with the Projects Division as part of their stakeholder and SME roles. We were very happy to see Wrike had a friendly and very usable interface that non-PM focused users could interact with easily.

Cons: As an admin level user for myself it is very easy to get 'lost' within Wrike, as I have access to all projects, tasks and PM features. Although note that this isn't a fault of the software but rather how we configured our environment and user access.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Gabriel L.
Chief Technologist
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"I've researched & tested every major player in the "project management" space and Wrike Leads All"

Comments: Wrike is an exceptionally well-developed tool that even offers integration with Outlook to help keep project communication and schedules organized and on-time.

Pros: I'm a big fan of squeezing every additional second of my day, and as such, I'm constantly trying to do more in less time! Wrike keeps my projects on-time & on-budget, while allowing client collaboration.

Cons: I haven't found any major issues, perhaps the setup could be a little less involved but if you put in the time, you reap the rewards of a top project management tool.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Jessa D.
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2019

"Brought sanity and transparency to our work"

Pros: I choose Wrike specifically for the ability to submit project requests. 99% of our projects have to go through some sort of compliance approval, and auditing through a bunch of emails and folders that hopefully had everything was a recipe for disaster. Wrike allows us to have reporting and automatically assign tasks It's incredibly, almost overwhelmingly customizable, so I can have my own workflows to manage website issues while print projects can have their own process, etc, and these templates are automatically assigned, filled out, and dated when the requester fills out the form. The dashboards are nice so you can customize how you want to view your projects, and you can also monitor your team's projects to make sure everything is moving along, and easily step in and request help. Another pro is the collaborator user role, so coworkers not in our department can track, comment, and answer questions within tasks without seeing the other projects, and all of their communication is attached to the project and on record for everyone, including compliance, and not just trapped in one person's email.

Cons: Set up is daunting. Although we paid for someone to help us set up the process, we quickly realized that their orientation instructions weren't suited for our situation at all, so it took a few weeks for us to get everything into place. And I don't think our situation was particularly unusual, we're an in-house marketing department that needed to accept tickets. While Wrike is really good about constantly releasing updates, there are some common sense things that have yet to be ironed out, for example, someone requesting a project can set a due date in the past.

• Reviewed on 8/01/2019
Brian F.
Senior Materials Engineer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"Wrike Project Management"

Pros: Wrike has proven to be a capable tool for project management at our small company. It is very simple to create hierarchical structures for large projects, from major milestones down to minute tasks. Tasks can be easily linked as dependent, and assigning tasks and setting deadlines is very simple. It allows for constant monitoring of project tasks by stakeholders, and requesting updates from assignees. Files can be shared with data or results from various tasks, and being able to hit "complete" can help establish a sense of progress on large, multi-week or month projects. There are a number of ways to view the projects (like timelines and Gantt charts), which can help with communicating timelines to those interested, and also aids in identifying bottlenecks.

Cons: Adjusting timing within a project can be extremely difficult and/or tedious, and especially so when tasks are linked via dependencies. Moving some tasks can result in all other tasks resetting timing or decoupling. THis can be very frustrating, as with large projects even a one day adjustment can be tricky. Learning to use many of the features can take a while, and there are some quirks that can lead to confusion/miscommunications (like if someone fails to put a date for a task, it just sort of moves into purgatory). The number of alerts and communication can also get very unwieldy, and the ability to adjust them is limited (either no message or a huge number).

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
Juan A.
Propietario
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2018

"It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on"

Comments: I Found that scoping projects are very easy with this tool, the ease of use the tool is very fascinating and it helps me get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time ;)

Pros: I think it's amazing to be able to have a tool that helps me collaborate, and to be surrounded by people that have the same vision and really want to get everything done, and done beautifully. This amazing tool helps me to consolidate communication and enhance my vendor's visibility It helps me get real-time visibility into everything my team is working on It gives me reports to track the projects and my team performances or the Workload, it helps me to have a better view and to see who has bandwidth for the next projects. It's a great way to Coordinate Across Teams, helps me to break down team silos.
Set up workflows for projects to notify tasks and when they should begin work.
Reduce miscommunication and mistakes when everyone has transparency into work.
It's a great way to Develop Campaign Assets, the campaign development process requires collaboration and teamwork.
the Live editing, the threaded comments, document sharing and versioning simplify it's a great way to collaboration and reduce rework.
It helps me to Manage Events, Campaigns and Launches It really helps me to deliver marketing programs on time with less stress.
Get plans out of my head so that I don't lose track.
It really simplifies whenever I have my next advaertising campaign, I just duplicate the template that I already used and then I'm ready to go.

Cons: None

• Reviewed on 19/05/2018
Tyler W.
Product Designer & Developer
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2021

"Solid Software - Requires Setup to Reach Full Potential"

Comments: We have solved a lot of problems.. But overall, we have solved project tracking. Working in the consumer good industry means we are constantly working on products and they are always in different stages of development. With Wrike we are better able to keep track of where we are at with projects as well as store all the needed information for them in one convenient location.

Pros: What I like most about Wrike is the ability to manage a variety of documents within projects. In Wrike, you are able to link documents from other sources (i.e. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, servers, etc..). This is extremely useful for us because we use Dropbox for all our projects. Because our projects often need to be updated or changed, it is important to only have one save location for these projects. With Wrike, we can link these files to their specific projects, but when the files are updated they auto-update and repopulate in the wrike project folders. We have found this features to be extremely useful and essential to our work flow.

Cons: The biggest downside to Wrike is the amount of work you have to do to really set your projects up well. However, this is the case with most software use for tracking projects/tasks. While for me, this is a downside, there is a plus to it. You can choose how in-depth each project goes and make templates to quickly launch projects.

• Reviewed on 4/01/2021
Brett W.
Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Wrike is Great for Small Teams Looking for a Project Management Solution"

Comments: I recommend Wrike for companies looking for a pure project management solution. If you or your company is looking for project management coupled with CRM and other business end functionalities, Wrike itself may not be the ideal solution.

Pros: While working with a team that eventually outgrew email and another product we were using, the team decided to give Wrike a try. Overall, Wrike is great for managing project planning and scoping. While I primarily used it for task management, it made my collaboration with the company a lot easier since the company was able to gauge accurate and more realistic timelines so that the team wasn't overburdened or given unrealistic or unmanageable deadlines. Aside from task management and creating effective project pipelines and timelines, Wrike has the ability to create custom folders so that projects and clients stay organized from the get go and project managers can get an overview of a project's progress in a very short amount of time.

Cons: This application offers a lot of features, almost too many in the project management realm, so I recommend that any team or organization that adopts Wrike into their workflow sign up for training. After training, you should be able to get some consulting from the vendor at how Wrike works best for your company and how it can help improve your current process.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Tim J.
Lead Content Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2020

"Best project management software I've ever used."

Comments: I love it! I recommend this project every chance I get to people in other organizations. It's quite simply changed the way I manage projects and communicate with team members.

Pros: This platform is straightforward and organizes tasks/projects into an incredibly logical format. Everyone I work with on this platform is consistently productive and uses the platform the way it's intended to be used, and our team productivity is never in question because of how easy Wrike makes it for us to communicate and work together, even remotely.

Cons: The UI/UX can be intimidating at first, and I've found that you're either a Wrike lover or hater - people who claim not to like using it are very difficult to convince to use it, even when it's a necessary business function, because of the UI/UX learning curve and the relative opacity of some of the platform processes. I can understand why; it's not very visually appealing, and the sheer amount of text on the platform can seem overwhelming. But once you learn what to look for, it's easy to cut through the excess and focus on the actionable processes within the platform.

• Reviewed on 3/03/2020
Henry E.
Investor
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Used it years ago - and it's better now"

Comments: Solving the problem of multiple groups in multiple locations quickly and easily communicating about all types of projects - quickly and easily and 100% online. Getting rid of email to boot!

Pros: Super flexible and FAST user interface. Best PM tool for speed and ease of toggling folder and projects open quickly and easily (in the left column). I think it's better than all of them out there.

Cons: expensive. We were quoted a large cost to go thru the onboarding. I guess you get what you pay for but this is not the 'free' or 'cheap' setup like you get with a Zoho or Trello type tool.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Patrick M.
Director, Marketing Technology
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2020

"A very solid project management tool"

Comments: It is used as the key digital project management platform in my whole agency, both for internal and external communications with our clients about their projects. It's fantastic.

Pros: Wrike has everything you'd expect from a project management tool, like creating folders for organization, then creating projects, assigning the right people, creating tasks, defining milestones, managing statuses, and sending out alerts. It also has some features that put it at the top of the market, such as creating Gantt charts based on entered milestones, displaying tasks in a SCRUM board style, and even building custom dashboards to do things like monitor workloads of your teams.

Cons: You have to be really careful with permissions at times. For example, they run downward through your folder structure, so if you accidentally tag someone in a task that is higher in the structure than you'd like, Wrike will, without any warning, grant access to everything below that task. It's mostly erradicated by careful organization, but this particular issue still bites us now and then. Also, expect to spend some time watching their tutorials, otherwise you are in for a long, nasty learning curve!

• Reviewed on 3/01/2020
Caroline S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"Ideal tool for business project planning"

Comments: Wrike has allowed to have a better management of planning or organization of business projects thanks to the fact that it provides the tools that adjust to the needs of each team, achieving that the collaboration is much more efficient and thus the productivity is increased in a successful way.

Pros: Wrike I like it because it is a software that can be used by any type of company or user, that is, it does not matter who is a programmer, or financial worker, because with this tool any individual can go to it to carry out the planning, organization of business projects to do this you only have to drag and drop the documents or information that is of interest, this is thanks to the fact that its interface is easy to use, it also provides the adequate tools to follow up on each of the projects and thus observe in a direct how advanced they are or if it is necessary to make some change, also has the advantage that if you want to integrate with other tools you can do without any inconvenience thus achieving better results and a successful project management.

Cons: This software still has things to improve, one of those aspects is that its annual billing tends to be somewhat high and sometimes it is difficult to understand where it comes from so high a cost so it would be ideal to give more detailed information on each plan.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Luis C.
Software Developer
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Keep your projects managed correctly and in one place."

Comments: Always keep updated the status of projects in real time, as each component updates the project based on completed tasks, the work is kept up to date, giving full knowledge about the status of the project.

Pros: Nothing like knowing what state your projects are in, keeping a complete trace of each of them to know the progress and the time line that is missing to complete it, knowing what each component of your team works on, for this one needs an application of top quality and Wrike is one of them, its headquarters in Silicon Valley guarantees that it is a team that aims high and wants to produce the best, and as far as I have tried it has been like this, they encourage you to give your best as a team and promote healthy competition between teams, is excellent to strengthen your team and you as an individual.

Cons: The times of the team members should not be allowed to lower the morale of others, for example, when one worker has many better times than another, this may feel bad and deteriorate as a professional, you should deal with them to promote them be better and improve your times bringing benefits to the company.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Chad D.
Director Of Special Projects
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Almost primetime"

Comments: overall the product performs well and I was able to setup 90% on the companies needs on this system.

Pros: The software manages agile very well and other dev type roles. It's easy to see projects and tasks and navigate

Cons: not useful for project work with tracking true time worked. I also don't like the admin limitations.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Louis C.
Lead Purchaser / Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/06/2019

"Wrike proves to be an invaluable tool optimizing our project management level and skills ."

Comments: Wrike is by far the most holistic, comprehensive task modeling, and team organizing tool we are happy to say allows our office to boost to new levels of productivity . We highly recommend its use.

Pros: Wrike has so many features that we like and use with regularity. Wrike's resource management in application functions allow for role specification with regards to task scheduling , milestones, workload capacities, workload duration , and tracking in list . Their dashboard as well as gantt charting are user friendly as well as intuitive. We want to stress that we love and recommend Wrike mostly for its ability to combine what we see as available features from other applications under one umbrella. Widgets, leadership boards, cloud service app integration are all included. Customer service is also responsive and available as are plentiful online support resources .

Cons: The only con we would maybe point out is the learning curve associated with integrating to Wrike software features. But this only because the software is so deep. Wrike is our one stop tool chest for product management.

• Reviewed on 4/06/2019
Marketing Associate
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Help your team stay organized"

Comments: Overall, Wrike is a great tool that helps teams stay on track and complete tasks in an organized and efficient manner. It's a robust platform that offers a lot of ways for your team to stay connected and on track. It's UI is a bit clunky at times and it's customization abilities can be a bit confusing, but overall it's a great project management resource for teams.

Pros: Wrike is a robust platform that allows you and your team to keep track of projects, work on projects together, and plan tasks in advance. The user dashboard can be customized to fit how each team member works and processes information. 5 team members could all be working on the same project but Wrike will help make sure they are viewing tasks in a way that's easy for them to process. It also sends you automatic updates to let you know when your tasks are due or when someone has sent you something, so you never lose track of important information.

Cons: While Wrike can be customized (and this is a great pro) the customization isn't always easy to access or understand. Not only do you need to be careful that you're tweaking your own dashboard and not a team one, BUT you then also need to configure your personal dashboard to receive team updates. It can get a bit confusing if you aren't familiar with how the software works or aren't a tech savvy or patient individual. This quirk could be easily resolved with clearer instructions and an easier interface that takes some of the guess work out of creating customized boards.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Salman A.
Software Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"More than Project Management"

Comments: Its a great experience we have been using it for almost more than 6 years. I would recommend this product for overall operations management and project management.

Pros: Its a wonderful cloud based solution which allows you to monitor projects with great ease. Other than that it is so flexible you can create your own workflows, capture data from end users using user defined forms and have a variety of views of your data in dashboards, widgets and gantt charts. Plus you can collaborate with your team at the same time sharing media, documents and more.

Cons: Probably the only option i hope for is to have gantt chart to be printed along task information as in MS Project.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Freelance Writer
Fund-Raising, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Like a Digital Bullet Journal, Only Better"

Comments: If you're looking for a relatively simple way to track and assign tasks to your team, look no further! Wrike has certainly made my life less complicated.

Pros: Before Wrike, my colleagues and I used paper planners. While I enjoyed the freedom of design this provided me, it also had limitations--limitations that Wrike has eliminated. Now, I can set up timed reminders for tasks and projects alike, collaborate with my peers, and break down complicated projects step by step.

Cons: Wrike has a bit of a steep learning curve, and some of my colleagues felt overwhelmed pretty quickly. But I suspect this has less to do with Wrike and more with their own (dis)organization. With patience and a little training, this software can become a huge asset to your office.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Brianna d. R.
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2018

"A Project Manager's Review on Wrike"

Comments: I am on Wrike every day. Wrike is a huge piece of my job. We use it as a communications team of 12. I input project requests, assign a workflow to the appropriate team members and track project process. I manage 1,000 projects yearly, some small and some more complex. I am able to track changes and approvals. I also run reports within Wrike.

Pros: There are many things I LOVE about Wrike but my favorite is being able to add my external freelance designers on certain projects. It allows me to collaborate and keep projects moving. Instead of having to wait for an email reply, I can easily alert my designer in Wrike for a status update, scope change or some other information.

Cons: I with running reports in Wrike were more intuitive. Most times, I have a good start but have to manually report. Wrike is perfect if you have less projects for long-term, but I have many projects and it is hard to organize without feeling like there is too much crap in your folders.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2018
Cesar V.
Periodista autónomo
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2019

"The best manager for creative and research projects"

Comments: I have used this manager in projects that require extensive journalistic research, and in which it is necessary to keep track of the tasks to be performed, the results have been successful

Pros: Lighten communication between the members of the work team, spend your time tracking tasks with the tools it offers: assignment of tasks, notifications, sending reminders, the breakdown of projects you can reach is incredibly useful for monitoring , shows timelines, I have even exported the results to excel to present progress reports and results

Cons: It takes time to learn how to use it, for some the interface may not be very easy to use, so it costs a bit to integrate the entire team in the optimal use of the tool

• Reviewed on 13/01/2019
Lane B.
Director of IT
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2021

"Not a Project Management Tool"

Comments: Wrike is a pretty good tool, but it is not a "very" good tool. And the cost of entry for basic project management (including effort estimation) is very high compared to Wrike's competitors. The free, Business, and Professional versions are missing one very basic and essential component of basic project planning. The UI is pretty good, but a bit clunky. Most painful has been my experience working with the sales reps and customer engagement staff -- when I've raised my concerns (that the Pro and Business editions missed a very basic project planning capability, which requires an up-sell to overcome; and that the cost of entry for small teams is excessive when the gap is filled)... I've been very sad and puzzled at the disconnect from what project planning and project management is, and the lack of desire to connect or find a solution for prospective customers. This was the third time over the last 15 months that I've engaged Wrike to see whether we can find common ground, whether there is any flexibility, or whether they are willing to try to meet their customers half-way, and the answer is still "no" on all three fronts. I promised myself I'd stop giving them chances and move on. There are other solutions in the project planning and project mgmt space, so I am moving on.

Pros: First, this is a pretty good tool for:
1. Nested task lists that look like a project plan
2. Task board views (if not on the free plan)
3. Customer-facing task-list dashboards

Cons: The description for the Pro plan states clearly "Full project planning and collaboration" and for the business plan "Robust work management with customization and exec reporting". But neither plan will total up work estimates for a project based on sub-task level of effort. Let that sink in for a moment: a "full project planning" tool that does not total up expected effort for the project plan. Yes, you can get that, but only if you buy the Resource Allocation addon for another 15 per user. Resource allocation is not the same as basic project planning (which must include level of effort estimation) Also, the interface is a bit clunky for quick-edits and quick-adds of sub-tasks.

by Wrike on 6/04/2021

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2021
Claudia V.
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2019

"we use it for what works for us"

Comments: We use it at the office to set tasks, and determine times to do them. There is no warning system that reminds you of your pending tasks, and you only see them if you go into the app.

Pros: the fact that you can access your tasks from anywhere

Cons: not very user friendly to interact with it, in my opinion

• Reviewed on 6/12/2019
Romain D.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"The best collaborative project management solution"

Pros: Wrike has the real advantage to group a day to day task and planning tool with a visual solution for the master planning. I work with it since more than 2 years, and I am able to structure important projects, including themself subproject. I keep a clear vision of the relations what is rare whan you have shared tasks with different redlines.

Cons: The pain point are the export functions, you can export your tasks in an excel sheet, but you cannot export in html to share a planning with a client or a collaborator. Same point regarding the planning view, the pdf export function is more than basic, so you have no choices.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018