• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.4 /5

About Intervals

Take control of your projects and find out where your time is going with customizable workflows and detailed, meaningful reports.

Learn more about Intervals

Showing 25 reviews of 66

Mark G.
President / CEO
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

"Very Pleased"

Comments: I purchased Intervals for my small business to make it easier to track and assign tasks. We previously had a system that no one (including me) used because it was not at all intuitive and was a poor fit with what we needed. I looked at a lot of other systems, including BaseCamp, Asana and a few others that are commonly recommended. Intervals was the best fit for what we were seeking.

Pros: The biggest 'pro' is that everyone (!) who works at my business uses it and finds that it is very intuitive. Everyone agrees that it makes our work easier and is a pleasure to use. It is very affordable for the features it offers and the numbers of projects/tasks that you can create a big selling point for me was that I could get everything that I needed for about $50 or so per month, without worrying about immediately outgrowing the system. Intervals is very forgiving when errors are made it warns you when you are about to leave a page without saving, for instance, but doesn't bombard you with alerts that aren't needed. It has plenty of room for saving documents and allows comments to be made in Intervals via any email address. It stood out from some other software in that it is also more customizable. Their customer service is excellent, and you can tell that they actually use the software and have thought through and learned what works and what doesn't. A fully-functional timer / timesheet system is another big plus.

Cons: Intervals introduces new features every quarter or so one of the latest is adding files through drag and drop. The lack of drag and drop used to be the biggest con for me, since I upload files often. So, no longer a con. That system could be a little more streamlined, and there are some file management features that I'd like to see improvements on (and which I've recommended to Intervals staff  I love that you can do that and that they actually listen!), such as the ability to organize files into folders (each task sort of acts like a folder, so this is not a big issue in most cases sometimes we have 50 files attached to a task so we have to scroll a bit). Also, the interface design is a little less contemporary than some others. However, these are all very minor, picky issues in comparison to what you get with Intervals software that more than does its job and offers more bang for the buck than its competitors.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Mark, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback on document uploads and the interface. It's very helpful feedback.

In regards to the interface, we've recently launched a new look, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

Andre V.
Pres
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Rock solid - powerful - affordable - Project management tool"

Comments: We have been using Intervals for 6 years and it is still the perfect tool for our engineering company. We trust this tool as our central (and only) hours worked database. We use it to bill our customers, to pay our employees and to follow the progress of of our projects too! It has performed flawlessly for 6 years and it is simply fantastic!!!

Pros: - Cloud-based. A must for us as our employees can work from where ever they are
- Reliable - never lost data or obtained a bad report
- Powerful - The data in the database can be analyzed in many different ways as provided by the built-in reports. Easy export to external processing tools if necessary.
- PERFECT for project-based companies. Perfect!

Cons: Not much. Some may find it more complicated than simpler tools, but that is the price to pay to enjoy a professional grade tool...

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Andre, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that makes Intervals even easier to use. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

James C.
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2017

"Conceptually, this is excellent project management software"

Comments: Budget management, time tracking, project management, invoicing

Pros: I like the fact that time tracking, project management, task management, and invoicing is all tied together. The idea of pulling all these elements together is genius!

Cons: Currently, I use the software primarily for tracking my time and invoicing clients. My biggest beef with the software is that it does not give you the option to track your time with start & stop times. I jump between projects and tasks quite a bit during the day. Many times I don't have time to start or stop timers because I'm on the go. I usually update my time at lunch and at the end of the day by thinking back over the past few hours, and entering it into a spreadsheet in time blocks. For example: From 8:30 am - 9:00 am I worked on Project A doing project coordination. From 9:00 am - 11am, I worked on Project B writing a report... The spreadsheet allows me to enter my time in blocks of a day, but then I have to transfer those hours into Intervals. This is inefficient and duplicates effort, but I need to be able to enter it in time blocks in order to be accurate. I usually don't have time to enter time into both programs in a day, and so it ends up sliding to the end of the month. If intervals allowed you to enter hours in start/stop time blocks, then I could skip the spreadsheet and have realtime feedback on my budget. The absence of this one feature significantly reduces its effectiveness and functionality for me. If the developers would create this one feature, I would have no complaints! It would save me hours of time and I would always know where my budgets stood.

• Reviewed on 9/11/2017
Amir R.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2017

"good, but could be better..."

Comments: i've been using intervals for a few years now.
basicaly, it answers our needs, but the main thing I feel missing is an integration to services like zapier, which are the only way to sync with our sales CRM...
second, i think the task view should be much more intuitive. thanks!

by Pelago on 23/03/2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are considering integrating with Zapier and appreciate the feedback. We have been rolling out more and more integrations and Zapier has a good chance of making the list.

Regarding the task listing, we are actively working on overhauling the user interface and the task listing will be changing. If you have any specific questions about the changes please contact our support team ([email protected]).

• Reviewed on 19/02/2017
Dmitri B.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2016

"Yes, I gave it all five stars"

Comments: What we really appreciate is attention to details. One of the best user interfaces (UI) out of many web applications we used for the last 3 or 4 years. Very intuitive.
Reporting tools are priceless!
Overall a great application, would recommend it to anyone wholeheartedly!

Pros: Great user interface
Reporting tools
Value for the money

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Dmitri, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2016
Maria F.
COO
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"we have been able to meet our needs as a start-up with ease and really no issues. Very helpful"

Pros: the The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.The ability to pull hours by client, by task if needed, and overall reporting flexibility.

Cons: I understand from other users that without the full admin rights, the actions are sometimes more restrictive so finding the right permissions to non admin users is sometimes challenging.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Michael P.
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2012

"The Perfect Time Tracking and PM Solution for Our Agency"

Comments: We looked at a lot of cloud-based time tracking and project management solutions before choosing Intervals. None of them had everything we needed in one place. Almost 2 years later, we still feel we made the right choice and recommend Intervals without reservation. It does what you expect, and much more, and is an absolute bargain for what it costs.

Pros: Has all the features we were looking for and more (time tracking, tasks, data export, Quickbooks export). Easy to teach to new hires. Customizable so it works with our workflows. Mobile version is also great when we're on the road. Robust reporting.

Cons: There are so many reports that we often can't remember which ones do what, but that's not really a con; it's more our issue. If Intervals had more robust file sharing capabilities, it could replace another service we use, which would be great.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Michael, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback about reports and file sharing. We can see how better organization and file sharing would be an improvement, so, we've made note of these ideas for future development possibilities.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2012
Jennifer C.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2018

"Intervals has helped us manage the projects we work on with external teams."

Pros: It helps us easily communicate updates and changes that need to be made to campaigns, while notifying everyone working on the project at one time.

Cons: There isn't much flexibility within the tool, and it is hard to find tasks, projects, and documents at times.

• Reviewed on 6/03/2018
David R.
Creative Director and CEO
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2014

"Nailed it"

Comments: I reviewed more 20 systems before I settled on Intervals. I've been using Intervals for about 5 years because it helps me track, manage and understand our most valuable resource - time. It's speed and ease of use are nearly transparent, until we need the information. Then it provides us, and our clients, full accountability and has allowed us to capture and bill for more of our time than possible before.

Pros: Ease of use (get everywhere from anywhere)
Great support from the authors
Frequent updates and additions
Loading speed of application
Flexible billing options
Exports seamlessly to Quickbooks for accurate billing

Cons: Minor details that are more preferences for my work style than functional issues.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2014
Josh L.
Director of IT
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Intervals Tickets"

Comments: Works and functions well for what we use it for.

Pros: We use this software for our ticketing system and works really well minus some work arounds.

Cons: I wish it was more customizable and had the owner listed in the task list.

Whitney H.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2016

"Get as granular as you want"

Comments: We've been using Intervals since we were a 3 person studio and find it a solid, reliable way to keep track of project time and tasks. The team finds it easy to learn and use, and i like the variety and options of running reports. Only recently did we start using the "subtasks" checklist to group items together and not drive ourselves crazy - a great move. We will set up templates using this method, to give each new similar project a good head start on what needs to be done, in what order, and in what time period. I appreciate being able to set time estimates so the producers know how they are tracking against budgeted time. The new dashboard helps us get a big picture of the budget. I hope the next evolution of this tool will allow for improved PPM (Project Portfolio Management) so the project managers can see where we have gaps in our schedule and an opportunity to shift work around or accept more.

Pros: Reliable up time, easy to learn, variety of reports available

Cons: Can't really manage the portfolio of projects (seeing across team members and tasks to understand where we have capacity).

by Pelago on 19/04/2017

Thank you for the review and feedback. It's great to hear how Intervals is helping your agency.

I wanted to point out a relatively recent report we created, called the Resource Allocation Report. This report will provide some lightweight resource planning help.

It works by dividing up the task estimates across the days its scheduled and the people assigned to complete it. This should help seeing current capacity across tasks and projects.

Regards,

• Reviewed on 30/09/2016
Tom G.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2016

"Great solution for our needs"

Comments: I first became aware of Intervals when I worked on a client project. From there, I signed our company up and find it to be an excellent tool to track time, log hours, and produce both internal and client reports. Its flexibility and ease of use put Intervals in a class all its own in my opinion. Works great for our needs

Pros: The ease of use to create client tasks and then log time according to the task. Each time log has a description, which is very helpful to our clients so they can see how their billed time was spent.

Cons: We have found no cons regarding how we use Intervals. If we were to expand our use into other areas we are not currently using, we may encounter functionality that is not as expected.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Tom, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2016
Cynthia D.
GM
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Great Time Tracking Management for Development Shops"

Comments: We've tried so many time tracking systems and Intervals has been meeting our needs for our software development, project manage and support teams for about 3 years now.

Pros: easy of use and flexibility to really address our needs in time tracking.

Cons: would like ability to tie specific tasks together to be able to show A needs to be done before B. there are workaround using task statuses, due dates and milestones, though.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Cynthia, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your thoughts on tying tasks together and we can see how that would help with your workflow. We've made note of this idea.

Director de proyectos
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/09/2014

"Amazing tool!!!!"

Comments: I became a user of this tool 5 months ago.
I am a Computer Science Engineer and have been involved in project management for 15 years.
I was looking for a project management tool for our 30 people company because we manage more than 500 projects per year. This search took me more than 8 years, testing ALL kind of tools. Some of them were good but none of them fit us 100% (or, at least, 85%).
I am a SaaS believer and this was one point I was not going to avoid.
I found Intervals and gave me a great feeling since the first time.
The user interface is very intuitive so that our learning procedure was easy for all kind of our users.
And second point was functionality. The data model is perfect and you are able to manage all kind of situations without a problem.
Reports are wonderful and you are able to get all kind of important information to decide whether a client/project is interesting or not.
Other of our requirements was tracking time. And this is something that this tool allows you without any problem.
We were also looking for a tool that uses a Calendar view, because it gives users the possibility to organize themselves in an easy way. This is something that works great in this tool too.
There´s much more we can say, but I recommend you to test it and decide by yourself.

Pros: Calendar view.
Data model.
Tracking time.
Reporting.
Performance (never shuts down...).
User interface.
Support (when you propose or notify a bug, the answer is surprisingly fast!!).

Cons: Approving time tracking permissions.

• Reviewed on 4/09/2014
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Flexible time and task management software"

Comments: Intervals helped our team organize our projects and keep the scope under control by accurately tracking our time and comparing it to estimates. It also allowed accurate invoicing and reporting for happier clients.

Pros: Intervals stood out because it made it easy to break down large projects by tasks and keep a close eye on the scope. We've had projects fail due to scope creep before and Intervals really helped to nip that in the bud. We really liked the ability to manage tasks by milestone, allocate resources, and set a budget for each project. Comparing the estimated time to the actual time taken on each task has been tremendously helpful and we are now much more mindful of how we spend every second of our time. Speaking of time, the time tracking feature is very complete and allows us to accurately invoice without shocking our clients with unexpected billings.

Cons: The UI looked like it was designed purely by developers, but the team has been working hard at revamping the entire thing and it now looks a lot cleaner and professional. We also struggled to keep our inboxes clear with the hoard of email updates we'd get from Intervals.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
Krista B.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Can't Live Without Intervals!"

Comments: I couldn't live without intervals. I use it every second of every day for my job and I can't imagine a better software. I especially love the constant updates and upgrades the team provides!

Pros: I love how easy it is to use, so intuitive!

Cons: It used to be that there was no easy way to see which tasks had been viewed or commented on but the new feature changed my only con!

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
Ben S.
Business Development Manager
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"Excellent value for money"

Pros: Brilliant tutorials, exceptional customer support. Getting started was far easier than the products I tried before

Cons: I find I still manage to spend a lot of time 'managing my project management', rather than doing actual project management. Having used a couple of other software packages though, I honestly think this is mostly just in the nature of the work rather than anything from Intervals

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Ben, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We understand what it's like to spend a lot of time managing projects. We hope Intervals helps cut down that time.

We've recently launched a new interface, called Modernistic, that might help streamline projects. It can be found under the Settings & Defaults / Themes section on your account.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Javi G.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2017

"it's very easy to use."

Comments: Project management, and ease of putting the hours dedicated to each project.

Pros: it's very easy to use and timers for task it's very comfortable to control this. Daily mails with the memorandum of the tasks expired are very well

Cons: I think it is an application that is growing and there are enough things to be complete, but I think they are in it, for example, there would be a type of cost typology. You can not define neither days of work nor ability to work.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Javi, thank you for the review. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business. We'd love to hear more about your thoughts on cost typology and defining days and abilities to work.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2017
Ami H.
Talent Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2015
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2015
Rod J.
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2017

"Nice but needs more"

Comments: We are are active users of this service but there are many things that it doesn't do well. We find that getting this integrated with our other systems is a challenge and that other products on the market are beginning to offer attractive features. As changing platforms means that we need to change our business practices we are not looking to move (at least in the near term) but at some point other features may attract us to other platforms. One challenge is integration with our accounting software Saasu. The ability to invoice within Intervals is OK but it isn't an accounting tool. There are many features that would be useful and I have suggested adding tags to all of the levels as a feature request in the past so that we can better identify groups of tasks or projects. Reporting isn't great and we find that we have to export the data and use other services to get the reports that we need. New features don't seem to appear that often which does make me wonder whether this service is seen more as a cash cow for the company than an actively developed service that will maintain its competitive edge over time.

Pros: Price point is good. It is easy to use.

Cons: Lack of features, difficulty in integration

by Pelago on 20/04/2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We understand how integrating Intervals with third-party tools can be a challenge, and it's one of the areas we are improving. We've recently launched a few more integrations, and we're currently evaluating which ones to add next. Our goal is to continue adding the features and integrations that will benefit the majority of our customers the most. We'll be taking your notes into consideration as we do so. Thank you, again, for sharing.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2017
Brandon W.
Management Accountant
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

"Intervals"

Comments: It has allowed us to move away from paper based timesheets and track timesheets weekly.

Pros: Its fairly easy to use, you cant make any mistake that will 'break' the system. captures and tracks time fairly well.

Cons: I feel a feature that is missing is the ability to allocate staff to a home project/business unit. this would help our business greatly if when running a time entry report, along with seeing the project the hours have been billed to that we could see the home business unit (e.g HR, Finance, Marketing etc) that this person belongs to. It would also be great if you could copy a previous weeks timesheet for re-entry in current/future weeks rather than having to upload this as a template or enter time using the 'add multiple time entries' option.

Srilekha K.
Global Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Great tool for Project Management and time tracking!"

Comments: I strongly believe I made the right choice going for intervals and its price worth!

Pros: Easy time tracking. Gantt charts are good to swap the task dates. During my research, I observed intervals gives a better UI experience.

Cons: There are some issues with reporting tools however the support team gives fixes in a day or two. The resource allocation report isn't working at all.

by Pelago on 5/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We sincerely appreciate it. With the resource allocation report not working please feel free to submit a bug from within your account and start a ticket with our support team. We can do some troubleshooting and hopefully get the issue resolved.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Thomas S.
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"Single most important decision to enhance my business"

Comments: Since I use the the time management of intervals customer satisfaction has greatly increased due to better delivery timing. Moreover I was able to adjust pricing and project cost calculations neatly, having great statistics and overviews of previous projects at hand. I would recommend this tool to everyone who offers services to customers and works on his/her own account. I reckon to have increased my income by more than 30% due to this valuable software.

Pros: Timers at the bottom of the page counting every single second needed for a certain task.
Task management with calendar.
"Summary" and "Break it down" reports with possibility to create a nice and customisable pdf-version for customers.

Cons: Total rates inside projects are always calculated based on time and hourly rate. It could be interesting to be able to assign a total cost independently.

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Thomas, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

Wow! 30%! That is great news. We've heard this from other customers as well and it never ceases to make our week.

We appreciate the feedback on tracking project costs and we've added this idea to our notes.

Jessica H.
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2019

"Small business lifesaver"

Comments: I manage multiple contracts, different periods of performance, different small teams, different pricing s has done it all for me. I don’t stress when I do invoicing. Ease of reports and estimations for business proposals. Can’t say enough good things

Pros: 1. Documentation and responsiveness from support. Customer service means everything to my clients, so another company that performs this way to keep me operational is excellent.
2. Ease to implement, change and operate. This is a no fuss-get business done platform. If you’re looking for bubbly themes and widgets, go elsewhere. This streamlines the management of your work in a professional way for all industries, and let’s you focus on doing your life’s calling
3. Pricing and performance. Every year or so I look at what is out there. I consider moving to something that may be a tad more expensive thinking I will get something different. Doesn’t exist for the small business team (in my opinion). Pricing has stayed consistent and reasonable for small businesses and doesn’t sacrifice on the first two items mentioned here!

Cons: Nothing I can think of...other than doing the work for me!

• Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Zsombor Z.
BI Architect
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2016

"TimeTask is the best project management tool with time booking functionality"

Comments: After trying several time booking and project management software this is the best one that brings together these two things. I am using it for more than 8 years now. It is just great, for small projects and for bigger ones too.

Pros: 1. Time tracking, easy to track time
2. Simple interface
3. Very nice pricing model
4. Nice API, you can take all your data and do whatever you want with it
5. The request management system is pretty good

Cons: 1. Very fixed, cannot be configured to custom needs (custom fields would be great)
2. Mobile client for easy time entry would be great
3. Invoicing is not very flexible to cover all needs
4. The user rights / roles system could be a bit better organized
5. The attachment handling could be done better

by Pelago on 28/07/2017

Zsombor, thank you for the thoughtful review and your commitment to our software. We're glad to hear Intervals is a good fit for your business.

We appreciate your feedback. We've added your ideas to our feature development notes. But I also wanted to let you know we are in the early stages of developing a mobile client.