• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.2 /5

About Workday HCM

Workday HCM is a single, cloud based solution for workforce planning, analysis and execution.

Learn more about Workday HCM

Showing 25 reviews of 714

Human Resources Specialist
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2018

"Powerful Interface Human Resources System"

Pros: Workday Recruiting has taken our HR needs to the next level. Where can you you find a software that has the combination not just for your HR needs but for finance and planning as well. Each time I have board meetings at the bank, I feel secured that I can extract all the information I need from this software. It didn’t just keep my work organized, but also gave me the ability to track data ranging from time sheets to expenses which is what I basically needed. I’m so glad we invested in this software which has lightened my workload in half.

Cons: My only pet peeve with this software is when you encounter an error while posting a job opening, you’ll need to redo the whole thing again. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to resubmit, but it makes you start the entire process all over again.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2018
Kay C.
Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2017

"Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind"

Comments: integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Pros: Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive
Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Cons: Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step
Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval
Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters).
Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it)
Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws.
There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market.
You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it.
Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2017
Payroll Manager
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2020

"Robust, expensive, do-it-yourself software"

Pros: Workday offers a very robust program where you can customize your modules to fit your company's needs.

Cons: From a payroll perspective, I don't like that you are essentially 'on your own' without an account manager.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2020
Tim M.
Claims Manager
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2020

"Workday - Efficient"

Comments: It took my a couple of months, but after that I really began to love Workday. I really like how you can track so much HR related information in one place. It makes my life efficient.

Pros: The biggest pro of Workday is how options that are available to front line managers like me. It stores everything from Performance Documents, time off information, and salary guidelines all in one place.

Cons: I still struggle with finding the most effective reports to use. There are so many reports available to the managers that it takes time to figure out what reports are best for you.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2020
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/06/2020

"Workday Review"

Pros: It very easy to use, with friendly design and accessibility!

Cons: Some processes can be slow, which causes system to show error. Besides that, all works great!

• Reviewed on 1/06/2020
Kurt F.
Workforce Analyst
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Workday HCM as a Reporting Platform"

Comments: I have worked within the platform in a reporting capacity. I have created custom reports, dashboards, and calculated fields.

Pros: I use the Workday HCM mainly for employee reporting and what I like best is the vast amount of customization you can use when creating reports. There are unlimited options in terms of fields and report types. The platform also has great capabilities for creating visuals and dashboards.

Cons: What I like least about this platform is the complexity required when creating reports. In many cases it feels much more complicated than it needs to be. It can take vast amounts of time figuring out solutions to simple problems.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Moheez A.
Head of Accounting
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/01/2020

"Moheez Review"

Comments: I used workday for daily recording of my attendance, to set up my quarterly goals, and provide and receive our performance reviews.

Pros: 360-degree employee performance review is the best feature for employees as well as managers. It gives ease to employees to review their performance in a systematic way and receive feedback from their management.

Cons: Adding daily attendance in the software. It should be integrated with the fingerprint machine to recognize automatically.

• Reviewed on 6/01/2020
Diane B.
VP, Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2017

"Workday is only good if you have an HRIT team"

Comments: Workday is a big system and not for a small Company. They are also expensive and use a ticketing customer service model so you can't just pick up the phone and call when you have an issue. Once you do put in a ticket it is a 24-72 hour turnaround before they even call back. They also charge by the hour for the service. If you want to make any changes to it, you have to be able to code at a certain level and then again, they charge you for everything. Including setting up Open Enrollment for Benefits to setting up Performance Management.

Pros: Once it is up and running it is sophisticated.

Cons: Too expensive for smaller company and too difficult to understand at first.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2017
Matt M.
Human Resources Business Partner
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2018

"Great product that is constantly getting better"

Pros: The whole eco-system was great but I really liked the ability to incorporate feedback (from multiple stakeholders) into the reviews process as desired.

Cons: Certain inter-dependencies at times made it difficult to leverage all features - for example you need to implement WD- Recruiting to leverage certain functionality about internal posting, etc. Also, the timing of the upgrades can be challenging but I dont see a way around that since all users are on the same instance/version of the product. Really though they its a great product that is listening to its customers.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2018
German D.
Video Producer
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2018

"The most intuitive and organized work expense method that I have used."

Comments: Workday is an intuitive and reliable software. I use it most for my expenses and it helps me report and keep financial expenses organized so I can get reimbursed in a timely and efficient manner. I know my management team loves it definitely makes the payroll department's lives much easier!

Pros: I've worked at a couple of large tech companies, and expensing things was always a hassle. At my newest job, I have to travel to some of our different locations for training, and I use workday for my expenses. I can easily upload my expenses, and have it approved by a manager, and get compensated very quickly. I love that Workday is available as an app on my phone as well, this makes it really convenient for me to always stay up to date, and log my expenses wherever I go. Expenses are only one of the features of workday I use, and this is a software that is very expansive . They also have 24 hour support, so they're really good at getting back to you if you need help.

Cons: I wish I had the ability to customize the layout of the interface. There are certain features I use more than others and I wish I could choose to remove things I don't use.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2018
Sara Y.
Accounting Manager
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Good system, could use some tweaking to make features better"

Pros: Applicant tracking system was easy to use when hiring employees. Overall, most of the system is easy to use and get the information I am looking for.

Cons: Before I had the manager profile, I could not see my own annual compensation amount as an employee. Now I can see it in the manager profile, but it would be helpful for employees who want to see their annual salary, especially when raises go through.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
Steve C.
Supervisor
Sporting Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Time consuming payroll"

Comments: Consolidating multiple areas of HR , personal information and payroll in one place.

Pros: All in one place use. This system really does let you bring everything into one place. It has lots of features and is very robust.

Cons: Very time consuming navigating. Needed to go through multiple pages to change and approve payroll. A lot of times going to the home screen was faster the navigat through pages.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Mathew E.
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Its good"

Pros: I love workday as an HRIS tool! They listen to their communities well and make regular product changes to help enhance users easily navigate. I'm a front end user and its a good tool. It has come a LONG way in just two years.

Cons: Ability to customize isn't there, perhaps in future product updates. They are still figuring themselves out.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Lisa T.
Accounting Supervisor
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Workday WORKS"

Comments: Workday is a great resource for manager during the appraisal process.

Pros: During the merit increase period, it ensures that a pay change goes into effect before an employee sees it. This is perfect for when a performance review needs to be delivered after the pay change has gone into effect.

Cons: It times out relatively quickly - within 15 minutes.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
IS Security Administrator
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"User Provisioning"

Comments: Auto provisioning users in a Microsoft environments smoothly. Workday has been easy to set up a feed to automatically create new hires as the accept positions. This allows the new hire to have the same username and password going from the day they accept the position to after they leave.

Pros: Nice interface
Easy to understand
Good options for setting up usernames and passwords within Workday
It's able to email new employees with their credentials.

Cons: Terminating hire and rehiring them as casuals can be a little complicated. But still not bad.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Corinne M.
Sr Project Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Solid Product"

Pros: I think Workday has everything you need for a basic HR software. It's easy to access timekeeping, PTO, and directories.

Cons: It is somewhat hard to navigate through changing personal info. There are multiple different areas you have to go on your profile depending on what you need to update which can be confusing for users.

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Senior Legal Affairs Associate
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"intuitive, easy interface"

Pros: The WorkDay interface is sophisticated and user friendly. It feels fresh, young and intuitive. I like the aesthetic.

Cons: When trying to submit an expense report and I'll continue to get error messages without guidance on how to fix. I then need to reach out to an internal team which causes delay. Would be great if you could hover over a field for guidance.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Jared H.
HRIS Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Best HCM Software on the Market"

Comments: We needed an HCM that would support our growing organization.

Pros: I like that it is cloud based, so there is no equipment to manage for our internal team. I like that it is configurable to allow some minor changes to match our business processes, but not so different that we have to spend all our time testing new releases. I like their release schedule to get plenty of time to review the new features and that you have to turn them on.

Cons: You have to be a Workday client to get training in Workday. Support is limited. You generally have to go through a 3rd party group.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Technical Program Manager
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2020

"Very good software!"

Comments: I like Workday for its easiness to use, I will keep using it.

Pros: I use Workday Benefits every day with my company, we have our payroll there, and we have also good visibility on our benefits.

Cons: I use it for more than two years, and I don't have any negative point in my mind, it is really a good tool.

• Reviewed on 8/10/2020
Christina P.
Employment Counsel
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Workday for Self-Service Payroll"

Comments: Workday payroll encourages employees to take action on their own instead of relying on HR to answer all questions or take all actions related to payroll.

Pros: I like that Workday was created in such a way that employees can be more autonomous in finding information related to payroll. Additionally, employees can make modifications to their withholdings and other payroll functions without the need to ask members of the HR team, so people are left with more time to do more important things.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike about Workday, but it is cloud based which means that you have to have internet to access any information on Workday. It would be great if some information was available offline.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Pardeep M.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2019

"Identified Recruit review"

Comments: Very Good

Pros: Very easy to use and maintaining resume is very easy.
We can mass mail to a large number in one click only.

Cons: No much dislikes.
Many time a pop up comes back when delivery is not possible and on large number mass mail which comes again and again can irritate you

• Reviewed on 3/01/2019
Account Executive
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/07/2019

"Love it!"

Pros: Workday Benefits is extremely easy to use. All the pertinent information that you want to access concerning payslips, logging hours, benefits, etc., is right at your fingertips. I am in workday every day checking on something and it rarely slows down my day.

Cons: It would be nice if they gave it a facelift graphically, but a more appealing design wouldn't necessarily impact its quality one way or the other.

• Reviewed on 1/07/2019
Recruiting Coordinator
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2020

"Easy to Access Benefits Information"

Comments: Workday Benefits is overall a great solution for centralizing benefit information. Customer service is very helpful whenever issues arise, which is rare.

Pros: Workday is easy to use, which is its best feature. Everything is centralized in one place - W2s, 401k information, time off requests, staff directory, etc. From an employee standpoint, it is fantastic to have everything readily available and not toggle between internal sites and intranets.

Cons: While mostly intuitive, a few functions seem mis-categorized - i.e. "Time" and "Absences" are separate, whereas it makes more sense to either put them together in one category, or create two categories that are more clearly named. In addition, it needs to be easier for employers to remove functions that do not apply to their organization.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2020
Human Resources Manager
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/08/2018

"Payroll/Compensation Management has never been so effortless and accessible."

Pros: Workday makes it possible to do side-by-side comparisons of benefits and their coverage and costs so it helps our users in deciding which one will suit their needs best.
It displays all the benefits that the company offers such as 401k, medical and dental in a clear and easily understandable format. It allows our company to deliver a large amount of information to our employees at their most convenient time so we can make sure they keep themselves informed without it taking too much of our HR resources.
Third party system integrations were a breeze with excellent results in the delivered packaged integration.

Cons: It can feel a bit intimidating at first so we made sure proper training, leadership and resources were available internally so our employees did not have a hard time adapting to the system. Once they have though, feedback has been largely positive and any hiccups were easily addressed.

• Reviewed on 2/08/2018
Maggie W.
Marketing
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/01/2020

"Great hub for tracking hours / pay / payslips / etc."

Comments: Overall I'm happy with this as a tool to track and submit my hours and to have access to my pay info / tax info.

Pros: I use this to submit hours to a company where I consult and bill hourly as a "part-time employee." It's easy to track/submit my hours. I like that I can easily reference all my payslips and tax info.

Cons: Plugging in hours can be a bit of a pain when they are in lots of little chunks vs. a full day. I think they could probably improve on this to make it easier to plug in (i.e. vs. entering start and end times, maybe you could see a full day and highlight the hours you want to submit for?).

• Reviewed on 3/01/2020