15 years helping New Zealand businesses

Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

4.4 (18,237) Write a Review!

About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Drive growth with Sales Cloud 360, the best-in-class sales solution that drives rep productivity on the world's #1 CRM platform.

Learn more about Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pros:

The dashboard is in every case exceptionally alluring and basic. The interface is delightful and generally has an excellent cost.

Cons:

There are countless strides to having a total record, so this is definitely not a languid program. In case you will utilize it, focus on utilizing it, in any case, nonsense in, nonsense out.

Salesforce Sales Cloud ratings

4.0
4.1
4.4
4.0

8.1/10

Salesforce Sales Cloud has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 18,237 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Sales Cloud before?

Filter reviews (18,237)

Ryan
Ryan
Manager, Business Process Excellence in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Salesforce Sales Cloud is a game changing CRM platform!

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: It's a powerful tool that has allowed our organization to do away with our older mainframe systems and begin to use cloud based computing which had not always been the case. Even though we were slow to adopt, it has been worth every penny switching over. Our employees absolutely love it. No more toggling between multiple tools.

Pros:

I like the fact that it's a great CRM tool regardless of whether you're in Customer Care, Sales, or Sales Support (don't let the name Salesforce lead you to believe it's only for sales anymore). It has customizable reporting features that allow for greater insights into customer activity and history. Great software!

Cons:

From my understanding it is quite expensive. As a project manager we've had to limit user licenses to customer and sales support teams as well as web marketing. Eventually we would love for the folks in location operations to have the capability but from a cost standpoint we're not there yet.

Ethan
VP in US
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

Great Product for Data Driven Users

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Great organization of everything you could think of. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, Projects, Services you name it. Your whole company can operate out of salesforce.

Cons:

Implementation and set up can behard if you do not know your processes very well.

Adam
CEO in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Horrible service

1.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: A horrible option for small to midsized businesses on a budget. Very poor customer service and they try to financially rob you. No consideration for small businesses.

Pros:

The pretty colors on the website and thats about it

Brian
Vice President Business Development in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Does everything, but doesn't do anything better than competitors

Comments: Overall, it's been a great experience. Salesforce is much more costly than some other options out there, but the issue is once you have it set up. It is difficult and pricey to go to another alternative. That's how they get you hooked, as soon as you're set up. Even if you have headaches with the system, you'll have more headaches trying to leave.

Pros:

Salesforce can do absolutely everything. If you can get an intelligent salesforce administrator, you can customize Salesforce in any way you like to work exactly how you need for your organization.

Cons:

Making organizational changes to the system is sometimes needlessly difficult. To have an efficiently run Salesforce database, you must employ or hire an administrator to make major changes for you. If you're looking to alter major things within the system, oftentimes, you must rely on Salesforce's help, and often that takes a long time and is sometimes difficult to understand their service reps.

Umang
Great tool for managing sales and customer leads activities in US
Packaging & Containers, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great tool for managing sales activities and operations

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Wonderful experience and highly recommended

Pros:

- very good functionalities - central location for all the sales and account management activities

Cons:

- Lack of training and understanding with other team members

Grant
Regional Account Executive - Enterprise in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

CRM leader for a reason.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Best of breed and has everything you could need both as a CRM and a platform that can scale with you.

Cons:

It's the most expensive. The UI can come across as overwhelming in the early days and for the non IT savvy.

Lundi
Customer Service in South Africa
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

5.0 last week New

Comments: It good experience especially to someone like me who is willing to learn new things.

Pros:

Salesforce is in line with the new technology and it changes as the technology changes

Cons:

Make things more easier like communicating with costumes and stuff

Cates
Senior Sales Manager in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Salesforce from a Sales Managers perspective

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Having all the data in one place and visible to the full team.

Cons:

Starting a new client would sometimes take a little bit of time, but you only have to start the client once and then it is in the system to continue working on it.

Himanshu
WFM Manager in India
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Recommended CRM Tool for the Call Center’s

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

We migrated from Avaya to Salesforce and in starting it looked like we had taken wrong decision. But in a 3-4 days this tool is totally work friendly

Cons:

Not as such. But if you have heard about this tool. I would recommend that please see someone while using it.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
VP of Marketing in US
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

SALESFORCE IS AWESOME FOR SALES TEAMS

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

You can see everything; you can document emails, calls, sending them messages from marketing if they call and ask about it

Cons:

Lot of manual and special objects for migration

Machinery, 201–500 Employees

Excellent tool but challenge to fully deploy

Comments: We did not realize the capability to interface so with our manufacturing and accounting systems. While not exhaustive, the information which can be shared between the three systems had been invaluable to our sales engineering team. It's also been a great help for sharing company wide project status for pipeline projects. One of the greatest benefits has been in sales planning. We're no longer limited to running reports from 4 systems . Salesforce allows us to quickly create pipeline reports and create punch up reports for sales team members.

Pros:

Since integration of SalesForce to our sales engineering team we have full visibility of quote, inquiry and sale pipeline activities. In previous systems these activities we're silo functions which depended on spreadsheet analysis lots of discussions and sales person memory. Salesforce has proven a great central repository and clearing House for all of this information. The linking with Outlook was a critical piece of this which we purchased from a third party.

Cons:

The front end pricing seemed ok. BUT it took a LOT of customization to get the level of user friendly interface and process integration we needed. We ended up having to expand the customization scope twice after the initial contract. So the overall cost per user and startup was much higher than budgeted.

Sarah
Sarah
Media Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

Comments: We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros:

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons:

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
Freelancer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

The CRM worth buying

Comments: Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros:

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition tagging for at a glance view. The one thing I observed about this CRM is it doesn't lag although a lot of users are already accessing the same interface, which means it has a stable platform and servers that can accommodate the bandwidth of multiple users. I can safely say that it allocates a significant storage to avoid the nuisance of pages loading slowly. Not only that, so far there are no reported issues of their database being breached or any intrusions which is very harmful for businesses and their trade secrets. It is vital since client data is the backbone of a business. I'm glad that they have established these safeguards well to make their product reliable and trustworthy.

Cons:

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Partner in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Disappointing solution offering poor value for money and disappointing customer experience

Comments: Unfortunately our experience has felt like a bait and switch. The support was amazing and reassuring during the sales process. Once the contract was signed this changed to radio silence. This was especially true once we expressed that the solution did not meet our needs. We found an alternative solution offering substantially better value for money and better functionality and never implemented the salesforce solution. They will not allow us to get out of our contract and this will end up being a >$30,000 mistake. They are completely unresponsive and, as a small business, there’s nothing we can do.
They do not seem to care about us or our business. As a small business we are looking for a true partner that has empathy for our needs. Salesforce seem to care only for their own interests. Partnership and support has been lacking. Fortunately our new provider is highly customer focused and committed to our success.
Although Salesforce could have been an option for us in the future, their shortsighted approach and poor customer service means they’ve lost us for good.
All we can do is warn people to be very careful before signing a contract - you will not get out no matter what so be sure it’s what you want/need.

Pros:

Highly modular and customizable allowing potentially large breadth of application (in theory).

Cons:

Clunky and not a particularly modern or pleasing interface to use. Very much uses a “sales funnel” approach which is not particularly helpful/relevant when coupled with the health cloud functionality for managing patients which is what we had hoped to use it for. Although we rapidly realized the solution would not meet our needs and we never even went live with implementing the solution, we are tethered to a 3 year commitment they will not allow us out of.

Dennis
Dennis
Recruitment Specialist in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

CRM? Client Database? Candidate Tracking System? Well, Salesforce is the man!

Comments: Salesforce is a great tool in managing clienteles and candidates. It is great in terms of managing client and candidate relationship and gives the ambiance that they are talking to a real person without sacrificing too much time. You can also open it everywhere - on app, laptop or computer because all you need to do is to download the mobile version and you can access it using any browser.

Pros:

Salesforce powers both our business development, sales, and recruiting efforts in our company. Salesforce makes it easy for us to know what is the last stage of a candidate, what are the next steps he needs to take in his candidacy for a single position, and also if he has already been talking to someone else in our company. Salesforce also makes it possible for us to know what was the last message we sent out to a single candidate or client. It is also great in terms of establishing relationship because we can customize HTML emails as if we are sending a tailor-fitted email to a single person even-though it is just an email blast. It is great as well in terms of driving sales and business development effort. We can keep track of the cadence of each possible client, and we can also indicate if they are set for a phone meeting or in-person meeting with our higher ops. The chatter is also great, and from time to time Salesforce gives us a snapshot of what we have done and what we are doing.

Cons:

I really don't have a lot of bad experience with regards to us using Salesforce. Maybe one thing they can improve on is how their technical support works. Sometimes they are not that helpful, and they are not that trained enough in resolving each person's concern.

Alley
CSO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce is a Dream!

Comments: I use it daily. I live in salesforce and I'm in marketing. I use it to keep up with my team and to try to use chatter to highlight what is working and showcase certain accounts. I also like to follow the wins and losses to try to get a feel for where we can improve.

Pros:

Everything. I love salesforce. I love its ease of use, navigation, walk-me, training, integration, features, functionality, you name it. Chatter is my favorite feature and once adopted by organizations you see the whole organization migrate to making salesforce their homepage. I love the adaptation the teams have to it and that you can customize your dashboard so sales, marketing, integration, and other teams can all use it as they need to.

Cons:

The cost, and sometimes Salesforce does not do a good job of showing the interoperability it has. There are so many features that make it a one-stop-shop for companies large and small, but it seems if the product is sold as a sales tool, it remains that way instead of showing the integration options for marketing and other teams.

Chawn
Chawn
CEO in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Loved it!

Comments: Very positive!

Pros:

Let me, first of all, start off being admitting that I do not currently use Salesforce in my business but used it quite extensively during my time in Corporate America as an account manager and program manager. As an account manager, we were required to enter all activities and customer interactions in SF. It was a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. I am certain that it has changed quite a bit since then but was still a great platform back then. Some of the features I enjoyed most were emailers and scheduling call backs (served as an assistant). Even though I forecasted during my role as an account manager, I did not appreciate the value of being able to track revenue forecasted by account and service managers until I transitioned into a role as a national program manager. I even worked with engineers to develop a special promotional code that allowed me to track revenue for my program forecasted by my co-workers deals. Although it was a lot of work, this was a huge milestone for me and the company. For the first time, we we able to track revenue for a particular funding source. As an entrepreneur, I have an even greater degree of appreciation for forecasting revenue. SalesForce gets thumbs up from me.

Cons:

I have no "least" liked features. Perhaps, the only semi-negative I have to share is that we had to develop a special backend program to track revenue for my program. But even that is a compliment to SF. The fact that their software is so flexible speaks volumes.

Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Flexible, extensible, and powerful. Salesforce is incredible.

Comments: Salesforce is terrific and only getting better. Adding to the existing strengths of incredible depth and flexibility, recent updates have streamlined some of the processes and made some high-use pages and interfaces easier to navigate quickly. It still takes a bit of work to learn how to effectively use the many, many tools available in Salesforce, but extensive documentation and free online training make it easier to do.

Pros:

Salesforce can do (almost) anything and integrate with (almost) any other platform. The platform is incredibly deep and extensible. If there’s a thing you’d like a cloud-based database to do, Salesforce can do it. It also integrates well with a huge range of other platforms.

Cons:

Sometimes, the depth makes the interface a slog to navigate, or makes it challenging to figure out how to implement the customization you’re looking for. For administrators and developers, the learning curve can be steep. It’s also not always immediately apparent what you can do from within Salesforce, and what requires an additional integration.

Daihrii
Freelance Service in India
Graphic Design, Self Employed

The No.1 CRM tool for your successful business

Comments: Salesforce is appropriate for bigger associations that have a huge outreach group, or enormous client confronting unit. In the event that you require a lot of client touchpoints, your association can profit from the intricacies of programming like Salesforce. It deals with the multifaceted subtleties of clients to construct enduring connections and close arrangements. You can undoubtedly see the entirety of the action with customers if your group is working effectively contributing the information. It is less suitable for new businesses or solopreneurs since it tends to be tedious to deal with the entirety of the information input needed to give you great yield and make the instrument helpful and significant. Having a group and dealing with the information together is the thing that will have the effect of this apparatus helping or upsetting your prosperity. Support Rating: 8 A significant chunk of time must pass to get into contact with help if genuinely required and I frequently end up attempting to sort it out all alone rather than with online assets. On the off chance that they would knock up the degree of recordings and FAQs online to be more thorough, easy to use, or give nearby preparation whenever mentioned, it would be more valuable for my association.

Pros:

> Salesforce is so easy to use. The plan is so natural, next to no preparation is required before you're off running and receiving esteem in return. It's anything but an advanced Rolodex with all the data you should be fruitful. > The thorough detailing capacities make it simple to oversee groups and see where improvement can be carried out. Effectively perceive how every delegate is getting along creating drives, following up, and meeting objectives contrasted with the past. > Customization permits you to perceive what's essential to you, not what Salesforce believes is significant. Effectively oversee objectives, track progress, and oversee specialty units to see how your association is performing.

Cons:

> With more prominent adaptability to alter, Salesforce can get overpowering. Setting aside the effort to set it up to really meet your particular necessities can get baffling, yet whenever it's done you'll be happy you invested the energy.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Sales & Marketing Manager in US
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce is a very complex, intricate and versatile all-in-one CRM

Pros:

What I like most about Salesforce is the capability of being an all-in-one CRM. In the insurance business, there is a very wide variety of details to track: client information, sales statistics, commissions, important dates, data from insurance carriers, and more. Salesforce has the ability to customize the fields so that we can keep track of as much information that we want to. Another example of the versatility of Salesforce is that it can be used by all departments of a company. SeniorQuote has deployed Salesforce with our sales agents, case managers, finance department, administrators, marketing specialists and data analysts. We have incorporated plug-ins with Salesforce to make it versatile for our needs. We were able to incorporate inContact with our Salesforce to have a built-in phone dialer for our agents. We also incorporated Marketo's automation software to have the ability to use digital marketing with the ease of a "click" while surveying our extensive database of leads. We purchased additional support, which has been a huge help. Response time is good. I put in tickets for help which are answered anywhere between minutes after my request up to 24 hours. The assistance we receive is often stellar, and the representatives are very knowledgeable. The only quirk with them is they are sometimes in foreign countries and some instances I've dealt with people with poor communication skills.

Cons:

What turns me off about Salesforce is the configuration. It could be pertinent to SeniorQuote, because we did not hire a licensed Salesforce administrator to configure and maintain our Salesforce account. After going through it without an administrator, I would highly recommend having one on staff (as appropriate to company size) Simply put: the more complicated or detailed your CRM will be, the higher the likelihood you will need an in-house administrator. I have used Salesforce with three different companies and have witnessed the many problems that arise when you don't have someone who is an EXPERT at Salesforce to help you out. At the very least, I suggest buying the Additional Support.

Erica
Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Pricey, but worth it! Helps manage project and client progress and deadlines so you move forward.

Comments: Salesforce really helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks. It provides a single, organized location for everything from personal notes about potential clients, to the ability to track potential profit.

Pros:

Very customizable! With a good admin, you can set up Salesforce to collect, display, and track exactly what your team needs to know, with customized levels of visibility and access. I've used Salesforce for healthcare clients all the way to public school clients - Salesforce helps make sure that any client or contract can go from a "potential" to a reality by helping keep track of communication, notes, deadlines, and where projects are stagnating. For teams and execs who don't have time to drill down into the details, the ability to customize and create reports with graphics is fantastic. You can create a snapshot of where members of your sales teams are at (profit, conversions, potential money on the line, number of stalled projects, etc.) - a great tool for motivating your team and helping decide where to invest your energy. If you don't have time to run reports every day, you can customize your home screen to automatically see the follow-up reminders, graphs, and data that's applicable to your position and your priorities.

Cons:

Salesforce's customization options simultaneously can be its best and worst feature. If your admin doesn't set up required fields, report parameters, and access settings, Salesforce can be an absolute nightmare for everyone on the team. If something feels "clunky" or "broken," it's probably in your settings, and not in the software.

Wilmer
Wilmer
Investigador in Venezuela

My experience is positive regarding this software because it is very practical and offers security

Comments: I must say that this software has given me several benefits starting with the price-product ratio. The cost is low if we consider how powerful the software is. In turn, the savings in time and money that means being able to work from anywhere is something very positive. Sometimes I travel outside the state and the fact of having this work tool prevents me from having to buy a ticket, take a plane and return to a meeting. Simply from any platform (in my case a laptop) I can sit down in the lobby of the hotel where I am staying and share documents, modify them, work online with my project colleagues in the company and the other companies that make up the institution for which I work. This product has simplified my work and my life. I owe him 3 promotions since I usually excel in the assigned projects. My experience has been very positive in that sense and I have a lot to thank for this product.

Pros:

One of the aspects that I value most about this software is the possibility it offers me to work from anywhere. My work demands to travel continuously and the fact of being able to access the cloud from any laptop, tablet, smart phone or table computer and sharing information and tasks with my co-workers is very positive. And the best thing is that this software gives me total security that others do not guarantee me. Knowing that my data, my projects and my documents are well protected, generate me a lot of confidence, so I totally recommend it

Cons:

Although it is a very powerful software, its use is sometimes complex with respect to the tools to segment and automate my marketing campaigns since working with well-defined social strata in the communication area would be a great collaboration to do it from the same software and not manually Simpler steps that allow processing all the information and then classify it. It would be very helpful because of the complexity that sometimes is made for those who are beginning to use this software.

Shane
accounts in Sri Lanka
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees

"Boosting Sales and Efficiency with Salesforce Sales Cloud: A Comprehensive Review"

Comments: Salesforce Sales Cloud is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) software that helps businesses manage their sales processes, streamline their operations, and improve their customer relationships. Overall, the experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud can be positive, with many users reporting increased productivity, better customer insights, and higher sales revenue.One of the key benefits of Salesforce Sales Cloud is its user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for sales reps and managers to access and manage customer data, track sales activities, and collaborate with team members. The software also provides valuable insights into customer behavior, allowing businesses to target their marketing efforts and personalize their interactions with customers.Salesforce Sales Cloud also offers extensive customization options, allowing businesses to tailor the software to their unique needs and workflows. The software can be integrated with other business tools, such as marketing automation software and customer support software, further enhancing its functionality.While there are some downsides to using Salesforce Sales Cloud, such as its price and the complexity of learning the software, the benefits generally outweigh the drawbacks. Overall, Salesforce Sales Cloud is a comprehensive CRM solution that can help businesses improve their sales processes, boost their efficiency, and drive growth.

Pros:

Salesforce Sales Cloud is a popular customer relationship management (CRM) software used by businesses worldwide. Here are some of the most liked things about Salesforce Sales Cloud:User-friendly interface: The software has a clean and intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to navigate and find what they need quickly.Customizable dashboards: Salesforce Sales Cloud allows users to create customized dashboards that display the information they need, making it easy to monitor their sales performance and identify areas for improvement.Automated workflows: The software automates many routine tasks, such as lead routing and follow-up emails, freeing up sales reps' time to focus on more high-value activities.Mobile app: Salesforce Sales Cloud has a mobile app that enables users to access their CRM data from anywhere, at any time, and stay connected with their team.Third-party integrations: Salesforce Sales Cloud integrates seamlessly with many other business tools, such as marketing automation software, email clients, and social media platforms.Customer support: Salesforce offers excellent customer support and provides extensive documentation, tutorials, and training resources to help users get the most out of the software.Overall, Salesforce Sales Cloud is a comprehensive and user-friendly CRM solution that can help businesses streamline their sales processes, boost their efficiency, and drive growth.

Cons:

While Salesforce Sales Cloud is a widely used and highly rated CRM software, there are some aspects that users may find frustrating or dislike. Here are some of the most commonly reported complaints:Steep learning curve: The software can be complex and challenging to learn, particularly for users who are new to CRM or have limited technical expertise.Price: Salesforce Sales Cloud can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or startups. Some users also feel that they are paying for features they don't need or use.Customization limitations: While the software is highly customizable, some users feel that there are still limitations to what they can do. Customizations may require a developer or technical expertise, which can add to the cost.Cluttered interface: Some users find the interface to be cluttered, with too many options and menus that can make it challenging to find what they need quickly.Technical issues: Like any software, Salesforce Sales Cloud can experience technical issues or downtime, which can be frustrating for users who rely on it for their business operations.Overall, while these issues may be a concern for some users, they are not necessarily deal-breakers, and many businesses continue to use Salesforce Sales Cloud as their primary CRM software.

Yanyu
Senior Data Scientist in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Salesforce simplifies sales and customer relationship management

Comments: Our overall experience with Salesforce has been excellent, from serving as a database for our recruiting teams to monitoring the progress of leads. Being able to ensure a solid sales management strategy is highly recommended for everyone, whether an individual or a company. It has been an excellent tool for our sales teams. The ability to have a solid sales management strategy is really recommended; Salesforce offers us a wide range of features and functionality that help us streamline processes, improve efficiency and improve customer relationships.

Pros:

The online community and personalization features of Salesforce's Sales Cloud are exceptional. I was okay with creating an account and tailoring it to my specific needs with the help of the excellent support staff. I may discover several accessible tutorials and demos to help you learn the software. The ability to search by a variety of criteria (email address, name, phone number, etc.) is a significant plus. Internally, we rely on Salesforce for effective sales tracking, marketing campaign management, task tracking, and calendar administration. Our outreach staff are tasked with making initial contact with a defined population and bringing them in for scheduled appointments. Both the service and attendance sections will benefit from this.

Cons:

Internal communication possibilities are limited and should be expanded. The CRM control panel also requires a safety assessment before an external user may be added. If you want to boost sales, you need to lower prices.

Beth
Director of Business Intelligence in US
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

You can do a lot with Salesforce

Comments: You know when you interview someone and you ask them for their weakness and they turn a positive into a negative ("I'm a perfectionist!") Well, that is the issue with Salesforce. It is so configurable that you can get yourself into trouble! There are layers and layers of security and configurations - you get to choose how complex your org will be. How you set up objects and relationships will greatly impact on how you can later get out your data. Take the time to engage a Data Architect to review the design before you release to the hordes! And while yes, the data structure and reporting tool inhibit reporting and analytics, it collects the data relatively well. Best bet is to get a copy of your data and get it into a data warehouse or even a couple of simple reporting tables. Get your users used to using other tools for reporting whenever possible.

Pros:

It is easy to get up and running with a very simple and basic sales/CRM configuration with Salesforce. Creating custom objects (tables) and fields is pretty simple and convenient. The platform also offers easy to use, off the shelf APIs that make integrating outside sources and systems pretty straightforward. And, if designed properly, it can scale and adapt fairly well. Extremely configurable and can ultimately do most things asked of it.

Cons:

I have two issues with Salesforce. The first is the way it stores the data. Because it is an object oriented database, it stores more in columns than in rows. The User Interface is based on the structure of the objects and on the relationships of those objects. What ends up happening is that data starts to "spread" via triggers and workflows so it will be visible. Traditionally, there has been a lot of copying of data between Salesforce objects. The second issue is an extension of the first - Reporting. Reporting is inherently difficult to begin with because of the structure of the data. In order to create a report, a "report type" has to be created which pre-identifies the objects and fields. It makes ad-hoc reporting difficult and time consuming. But the reporting tool itself is clunky and difficult to use. To be clear, this is basic Salesforce reporting - not Einstein or Wave. You can't rename columns on the fly, can't create non aggregated calculations, and the user interface is just plain outdated.