CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Showing 25 reviews of 95

Lorraine N.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"CAP for Grocery store"

Pros: The promised ability to use my existing hardware which was not possible with any other grocery specific POS program.

Cons: It was not specific to the grocery industry and is not flexible in changing to changing needs within the grocery industry. For example, when an additional tax was imposed for telecommunication cards this program did not have the ability to differentiate it which would be required in order for me to report taxes to the state. Also, my own personal, custom gift cards cannot be processed through the system nor can I scan and process Major gift cards through this program.

by POS Nation on 19/11/2020

Lorraine,

We are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience in regards to some areas within our software. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience so that we can assist you at 704-405-5089.

Heather W.
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"CRE"

Comments: The version I have is Cash Register express. I have been happy overall. The transition has been relatively seemless.

Pros: Once the system is set up it is easy to use and the reporting features are very useful.

Cons: The limited ability and cost to communicate with accounting software like Quickbooks online.

by POS Nation on 4/12/2020

Heather,

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Gordon L.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"Great system for the Money"

Comments: I have spent the most part of a year researching most if not all the different POS systems out there. Though there are other systems that would fit my business model, the down fall is a lot of them are cloud base. With the lack of internet available in Alaska I need a system that I could use without total reliance on the internet. POS Nation was the best application for my needs. I was able to purchase everything I needed to operate my business, I 'm currently operating two stations with a third acting as my storage and back up system that was purchased locally for that purpose. Take the time needed to properly setup this system, the data you can get form this software will greatly assist you in making decisions in maintaining and growing your business.

Pros: CRE is a good program for the kind of business that I run. I recently purchased a grocery/liquor store which has a RV park and small hotel that I have been able to manage through the software. It was a lot of work setting up inventory, and incorporating the RV/Hotel to make it work with the system but with due diligence and with the great support POS provides has made managing my business far easier then it would be without it.

Cons: ​I have had only minor issues with the hardware for example the key boards that are sent with the system are not worth the box that the were sent in had to replace them with in a month of receiving them. The keys stick and get stuck and not everything can be done efficiently through a touch screen. The back office program is a great program with good reportage, but working with purchase orders need some work. The creation of a PO doesn't work with real world situations. Once generated the can't be adjusted when faced with stock outs or quantity changes. So I don't us it to generate my orders with vendors, more so for receiving my orders.
Again these are just minor issues. Again the reportage you get form the system is very informative and allows you to efficiently manage your day to day, monthly and yearly reportage.

Carol E.
Bookstore Administrator
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Dependable software/Easy to Use"

Comments: We are very happy with the product. Otherwise, we wouldn't be such long-time customers. We can track sales hourly/daily/monthly/annually as well as by sales code. We can offer discounts to customers and track on type of discount given. Also, helps us keep track of inventory costs/turnover, sales taxes and much more.

Pros: Have been using the CAP POS system in our employees' store for 20 years +. Easy system for cashiers and administrator to learn and use. On the very few occasions that we've had issues, tech support was very responsive and fixed the problem on the first contact. No need for call backs.

Cons: Wish there was some way we could link it to our website so it could automatically track inventory on our online store and show items as sold out. Right now , we run reports daily and adjust manually. But Reports module is very easy to use and provides many different real-time reports with variables depending on info you are looking for.

by POS Nation on 15/12/2020

Carol,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer for over 20 years! We are so happy to hear that our technical support team has been very responsive to fix any problem that you have had throughout the years. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Diana T.
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"CAP is perfect for managing a retail shop with lots of product and customers"

Comments: For us, the inventory control is the most valuable. We have a bead shop with hundreds of small items that would be impossible to manage without CAP. We know what's selling, who is buying and when to reorder or put on sale to move out. We know what our overall financial position is constantly.

Pros: Back office is incredible - so nice to have access to everything that we do from purchasing, receiving, tagging, selling, reordering, customer history, discounts, special sales - I could go on forever. I can't imagine what more could be needed.

Cons: We started using CAP when we first set up our business over 20 years ago and have enjoyed the upgrades over the years. Now with the incredible support we are getting today it is wonderful. The program is sophisticated and with so many options it is so much easier to utilize more features with the new support available. I wish we had access to that years ago. I spent a lot of time with trial and error trying to utilize different features but now I can just pick up the phone and within a very short period of time, I've got my questions answered or problems solved!

by POS Nation on 16/12/2020

Diana,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We are so happy to hear that you love the Back Office feature and the upgrades over the years. We are excited to continue working with you throughout the years to come!

Scott H.
partner/owner
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Review of Personnell"

Pros: The customer support team, in particular [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic with getting my problem solved as quickly as she did. I hope that she answers any future calls we need to make.

Cons: Inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases. Our credit card processing is through Payment Depot/First Nashville and the need to go to a separate screen and hit another key, while our customer is waiting is cumbersome and not efficient, either time wise or financially. We have been told that this is due to us using First Nashville, but it is hard to believe that a processor of this size is not set up in your system for this to be handled. Please feel free to contact me for further response.

by POS Nation on 12/11/2020

Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are happy to hear that our customer support team represented POS Nation well. In regards to your inability to add surcharge for credit card/debit purchases, we definitely can help you get this setup. Please give our technical support team a call at 704-405-5089 to get you the assistance needed. Thank you again for your review! We greatly appreciate you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Kenneth C.
Wine & Spirits, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2020

"Simplicity"

Comments: Been using over 15 years, had some growing pains in first few years but it has been pretty rock solid for last 8-10 years. So easy to use and train new employees quickly. Every other POS I have looked at is overcomplicated and hard to use and follow.

Pros: Very simple presentation at POS homesceen in selling mode, simple operation for scanning, lookup and paying. Software has the few features that I need and so many others that I will never use.

Cons: Inventory sales history by item is not precise enough, needs to break down actual sales from transfers and damages. including transfers really can skew the actual sales history. Also spot checking Inventory is very confusing to teach and execute properly.

by POS Nation on 26/10/2020

Kenneth,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company! We appreciate your 15 years of loyalty and thankful to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2020
Sharon W.
CFO
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"We love POS Nation"

Comments: We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros: This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons: I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Brian T.
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"One of the best"

Comments: Been using CAP for over 14 years

Pros: Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed.

Cons: Having the ability to save credit cards encrypted on file was a nice feature in the other POS system we had

by POS Nation on 22/12/2020

Brian,

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Nick P.
  • Reviewed on 7/11/2020

"Best POS For Liquor Store."

Pros: Easy to operate and maintain POS .
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are best in team.

Cons: Only future it has to be add like Daily Journal Reports so you can see whole day details.

by POS Nation on 9/11/2020

Nick,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 7/11/2020
Yaret H.

"Reliable system!"

Comments: I like the tech support, always available when we need them.

Pros: simple to use, user friendly and easy to train new employees

Cons: I can't put large pictures on the boxes, Wish it would have a full pictures and text on top of the picture.
Online report printing is not available. I can't print daily sales report from my home office.

Kendall P.
Guest Services Director
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Hospital Gift Shop Use"

Pros: Very easy to use. I most enjoy the ability to set up hot keys for the items that we sell the most.

Cons: Would like to see a functionality to be able to take credit card payments over the phone for credit card purchases.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
Hillary G.
Server
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"I worked as a server at multiple establishments that utilized a POS system."

Pros: This software allowed efficient customer service and quick delivery of quality product. It allowed the staff to communicate orders efficiently to the kitchen.

Cons: There really weren't many cons associated with this software.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Mark M.
Culinary Arts Instructor
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Extremely helpful, patient and courteous support technicians, sales reps and accounting reps"

Comments: No problems whatsoever.

Pros: User friendly. We are a culinary school, so the training mode is very useful.

Cons: a bit hard to figure out how to completely void guest checks and set up dining room tables

Janice D.
IT Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"CRE and RPE Review"

Comments: The sales rep was extremely helpful and always available to answer all questions while evaluating the software. Tech support is overall very good and my recommendation to a new customer is to pay for support.

Pros: Only software that met the needs of my customer allowing for retail and restaurant sales.
Customer owns the software which is what my customer wanted.
Import of inventory was fairly easy and Customer Support was able to import customer basic data.
Staff was able to learn quickly.

Cons: Customer history could not be imported.
Reports could use improvement. Customer reports are available but difficult to learn. My customer has to rely on me to create them, the Advanced reporting is not user friendly. Formatting on the "built" in reports are not customizable unless exported to cvs, excel, etc. and even then, require some technical expertise.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

Thank you for the review, Janice!

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Russell T.
MANAGER
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

"REVIEW"

Comments: GREAT PROGRAM FOR INVENTORY CONTROL, EASY TO TEACH , LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY

Pros: EASE OF USE, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, LARGE ENOUGH TO GET ALL OF OUR INVENTORY ON IT

Cons: TRYING TO USE THE IPAD FOR ORDERS, WISH I HAD MORE TIME TO LEARN THE SYSTEM MORE , HAVING TO LEARN AS I GO

Sherri S.
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2020

"Sherri’s review"

Comments: Very good

Pros: Easy set up. Easy to use. Helpful support

Cons: There were a lot of features that were of no use to me.

by POS Nation on 16/10/2020

Sherri,

• Reviewed on 5/10/2020
Cheryl S.

"Retail Sales"

Comments: The Cash transactions are much easier to process and if I have an issue the POS Support team is always very helpful

Pros: The software is easy to use and easy to train my employees for our business needs.

Cons: in the beginning it was a little confusing but with the awesome support team they helped us tremendously with starting our retail business

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

Thank you for the review, Cheryl!

Tacara B.

"Great System"

Comments: No problems or issues with the system.

Pros: Ease of use & functionality of the system

Cons: The look & design could use some updating. The screen & layout is outdated

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

Thank you for the review, Tacara!

Kim H.
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"Amazing"

Comments: We are finding which products sell in our store and what doesn't. We are able to keep better inventory, which in turn makes ordering so much easier!

Pros: How easy it is for all to use, weather it is a computer user or someone new to them

Cons: It would be easier if I had a button that would add new inventory easier

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Michael H.
Quartermaster
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"POS Nation Setup and Use"

Comments: Our overall experience has been excellent. From setting up calls for training then training and implementing our system it has been great

Pros: It is very user friendly and easy to Use

Cons: I was told there is not a monthly service charge then later I saw that if I do not stop the monthlyservice charge it will activate and start itself.

by POS Nation on 21/10/2020

Michael,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions regarding our Monthly Technical Support Subscription at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Ahsan I.
Systems engineer
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

"Good Software"

Comments: it was good and problem free experience.

Pros: Easy to Setup. It has local Database as well back up available in the cloud

Cons: It needs a lot of updates. i.e. also more Templates. Moreover, It needs a lot of integrations or APIs to be enabled.

Murray A.
Tobacco, 11-50 Employees

"Murray Alexander"

Comments: Inventory control was a big issue that is now under control. Also we are working to have Scan Data setup shortly.

Pros: It was easy to learn. On screen icons help guide you thru the system.

Cons: It has a few flaws like everything does.

Anand P.
Supermarkets, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2020

"Lots of problems with software"

Comments: Not happy at all

Pros: Easy to use any one can operate without any
Problem

Cons: Very poor softwear We have to restart computer every 20 min as connection to the scanner scale , touchpad and printer lost one after another

by POS Nation on 19/11/2020

Anand,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with the software as this is not the type of service we strive to provide. Please give us a call on our Customer Care line so that we can rectify this situation at 877-727-3548 Option 2. We look forward to hearing from you.

Brian M.
Territory Manager
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"POS Nation - PC America"

Comments: Very good. Friendly support.

Pros: The system is intuitive and user friendly.

Cons: Occasionally there are issues with settlement.