CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Liz H.
Store Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"Great software for a retail store."

Pros: This software is easy to use and has all the functions needed to properly operate and manage inventory/ sales.

Cons: Customer Database could use upgrading making it easier to look up customers and input information.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2019
Greg B.
OWNER
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2020

"NEW SYSTEM"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] AND THE TEAM OF TECHS ARE EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY WOULD SHOW ME WHAT TO DO INSTEAD OF LOGGING IN TO MY SYSTEM AND DOING IT FOR ME.

Pros: THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SYSTEM IS NICE.

Cons: I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE DAILY EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN STOCK ITEMS HIT ZERO. THIS IS CRUCIAL TO ANY BUSINESS I WOULD THINK.

by POS Nation on 12/03/2020

We're happy you're enjoying the system's functionality, Greg. Thank you for the feedback!

• Reviewed on 6/03/2020
Scott L.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"review"

Comments: fantastic

Pros: ease of use...comprehensive...detailed...

Cons: everything is perfect no negative issues very happy

by POS Nation on 19/11/2020

Scott,

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Kim M.
Fundraising Assistant
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"My Review"

Comments: The CAP support team are excellent. They are very knowledgeable and willing to assist with every problem that arises.

Pros: I have only been using the POS systems daily for the past 3 1/2 months. Prior to this I used is occasionally when I filled in for a co-worker. I find the Hot Keys to be very beneficial. Also, most of the reports are pretty easy to generate and understand.

Cons: Still learning all the features of the software.

by POS Nation on 23/11/2020

Kim,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are so happy to hear that you have found the Hot Keys feature to be very beneficial for you. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Server
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2020

"So helpful"

Comments: Very good. I've used other softwares and they generally have not held up as well as POS.

Pros: We used this software daily when I was working in restaurants. It made it so easy to log in customers' items, print off receipts, and pay the bills.

Cons: We had issues with it crashing occasionally, but that might have been our own servers and not necessarily the software's fault.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system! Thanks for the review.

• Reviewed on 8/01/2020
Andrea H.
Owner and designer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2018

"Post systems review"

Comments: Overall it's a perfect product! It got the job done in an easy and effective manner. Highly, highly recommend!

Pros: I love this software!!! The best pos system I've ever used. It's so easy to process orders and manage sales.

Cons: I did not have any issues using this product. It was perfect for my business

• Reviewed on 22/12/2018
Bill H.
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2020

"Tech Support"

Pros: Price Point of features/cost benefit. Seems to be a very good point of sale.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech support is outstanding. He really helped us out with very pin pointed customized features that the customer uses and likes.

Cons: Nothing so much to dislike. It has a lot of the features in a canned product that we can use on a daily basis to run the operation

by POS Nation on 6/11/2020

Bill,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with a member on our support staff, and that he represented POS Nation well. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy all the features and functionalities of the POS System. We look forward to working with you again soon!

• Reviewed on 5/11/2020
Mark C.
System Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2020

"Point of Sale Experience"

Comments: Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros: Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons: Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance.

by POS Nation on 5/11/2020

Mark,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2020
Vivian W.
MANAGER
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"sPORTING GOODS"

Comments: Love it

Pros: The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons: It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

by POS Nation on 29/12/2020

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Jennifer A.
Store owner
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"I could not have asked for a better system and company!"

Comments: My overall experience with POS nation is probably one of the best experiences I’ve had with another company. From day 1 everyone that I have spoke with at that company has done nothing but go above and beyond to help in any way they possibly can with anything that I needed. Their customer service skills were amazing. And that’s very hard to find these days. Every employee that I spoke with was not only extremely nice and amazing and helped with anything that i needed but you could tell that they all worked for a great company and took great pride in the company that they worked for. Which is also very rare these days. I have nothing but amazing compliments for this company! From the bottom to the top! I’m so impressed with

Pros: What I liked most about this software was pretty much everything. From the price, the free installation, the iCloud monthly service, the 24/7 help line, and the overall easiness of the system. Everything was customized for the products we sell. If there wasn’t a barcode, you could easily make your own button for the product. The ID option is amazing, it helps the employees on checking IDs for the sale of beer and cigarettes. The time clock for clocking in and out is very helpful as well. Along with the end of day report and all the statistics that it helps break down.

Cons: Your system is amazing and truly the only con I could actually think about would be to have a bigger font option on the screen or bigger square options on the main screen.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

Thank you for your in-depth review, Jennifer! We appreciate your feedback.

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Mandeep S.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2021

"Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware!"

Pros: Great liars and getting customers onboard.

Cons: Terrible team, horrific software and non-reliable hardware! The system was sold on a lie. The features discussed during phone calls and via email did not match the actual system. They tried blaming the initial issues on the credit processing company but later learned that their software was not compatible when accepting EBT cash. Then the software upgrade (May 29, 2021) began showing the same error and froze both of my POS systems on numerous occasions. Instead of resolving the issue brought on by their upgrade, they asked me sign up for monthly service or pay $239 dollars. Their keyboard has a mind of it’s on. At times the CAP lock is activated or the number lock. Their scanners are worthless. I'm being charged $200+ dollars for a wireless scanner that is available on Amazon for $100 dollars. Scanner reviews on Amazon clearly show that no one invested any time conducting a thorough research. Lastly, it’s missing the automated decimal point and the change due does not disappear automatically when initiating a new transaction. Instead of helping resolve their software/hardware issues I received an email from Will that they are cancelling my software service. I emailed my concerns to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], but yet to receive any response. Do you want to start your day asking yourself if your POS system is going to work or not?

• Reviewed on 8/06/2021
Ministry Director
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Life made easier"

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros: The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Michael D.
Natural Resource and Grants Director
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2019

"BVR POS review 2019"

Comments: Great

Pros: Ease of use, simple and the cost of the product

Cons: The third party who handles contracts needs a lot of help when situations dealing with Tribal governments.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

Thank you for the review, Michael! Your feedback is valued.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2019
Luis C.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"EXCELLENT POS SYSTEM."

Comments: AFTER TWO WEEKS OF RESEARCH AND ASKING OTHER STORES, WE DECIDED FOR THE MOST COMPLETE, EASIEST TO USE FULL POS SYSTEM. TRAINING IS INCREDIBLE AND AVAILABLE 24/7. WE COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER SYSTEM.

Pros: EASY TO USE. FULL CUSTOMER SUPPORT. GREAT SYSTEM.

Cons: THE SOFTWARE COULD BE MORE FLEXIBLE ON DELETING THING THAT WE DO NOT USE.

by POS Nation on 20/10/2020

Luis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and the time you took to write this review.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Anita H.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Technical Support"

Comments: It’s been very great!

Pros: I love the technical support. I always get the help I need. Very professional and friendly. I’ve never felt like I couldn’t accomplish the tasks after support I’ve been given.

Cons: Some issues on reporting but we are working through.

by POS Nation on 12/11/2020

Anita,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your positive experience with our company and specifically our technical support team.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Rony D.
Tobacco, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2020

"Great product"

Pros: Ease of use and what i wanted out of it! The customer service is the best part great people who know what there doing and i get my problems resovled all the time!

Cons: Cant send out mass emails! Nothing to be a deal breaker!

by POS Nation on 12/11/2020

Rony,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our POS System and also our customer service. We pride ourselves on delivering such service that our customers can brag about. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2020
Genevieve B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2020

"CAPS Team"

Comments: Tremendously satisfied

Pros: Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons: Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

by POS Nation on 18/12/2020

Genevieve,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 12/12/2020
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"owner"

Comments: Really enjoy all the technical support team really listen to my needs and problem solve for my business. Make great suggestions for my operating system. I like that all my needs are in one shop.

Pros: Step by step walks you through.easy to enter product. Easy to review stock of inventory.
Manage Report from year to year. Clock in clock out.
Accounting purposes, great best sellers. Times of day busy

Cons: The return process. Not able to print reports of items when you enter them.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

Thanks for the review, Jennifer!

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Payal B.
Managing member
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2020

"CAP Software is good."

Comments: Overall, great product.

Pros: Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons: Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

by POS Nation on 22/10/2020

Hello Payal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 19/10/2020
Cynthia D.
VP / CoOwner
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"POS Nation tops the list"

Comments: POS Nation offers great service. From the Rep in sales to the tech guys. They have always been polite, and quick with service. My only real complaint is that when I have an urgent call because a customer is waiting, I can never get through to someone right away. It can take some time for someone to get back with me. But when they do, it is usually handled.

Pros: I like POS Nation. The Cash Register Express software is pretty good but it needs more flexibility. Need easier flexibility to run comparison reports for year to year comparisons, comparing products, etc.

Cons: Cash Register Express needs more flexibility with all reports. Also we are a small business. Should have the ability to turn off requirements to enter passwords to do end of day and do backups.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Joseph l D.
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Best POS for Retail/Tavern Liquor Business"

Pros: Great product. Easy installation and start up. Only POS to provide solution for hybrid business. We are a restaurant/Tavern/retail wine shop that uses the robust tag/label system as well as inside dining/bar business. Service from CAP has been great. Very responsive and good follow up.

Cons: Only Con we experienced was the interface to Quickbooks at startup. Our distributor didn’t provide instruction prior to install. We had Quickbooks operational prior to CAP which required a rebuild of Quickbooks after the fact. CAP customer support went above and beyond to help us.

by POS Nation on 22/12/2020

Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our company and our customer support. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Bob T.
Software Support
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"CAP POS Software"

Comments: Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros: It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons: There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

by POS Nation on 29/12/2020

Bob,

We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
Karen W.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2019

"My first POS"

Comments: For the most part, the service has been good. I accidentally ended up talking to someone on the east coast when I first began investigating the possibility of making this POS purchase, which is a challenge when I am trying to talk to someone on the west coast where I'm located. Anything that I need must be shipped from across the country instead of up the coast. But the people are friendly and helpful. Even if they insist I watch the videos in order to learn more about the operation of the system. That would be much easier if I actually had speakers on my machine or a place to hook them up, but I do not. Watching the videos on my home computer do not help, as I cannot practice what I just learned. Would I buy this again, knowing what I know now? Probably, although I think I'd do a little more research and ask a lot more questions first.

Pros: I purchased this POS machine and software in order to streamline our monthly sales and inventory. For the most part, it has met those needs satisfactorily. I like that I can look up sales info for specific days and track inventory during both the busy season and the shoulder season. Being able to spot trends is paramount to achieving success in any business, and that's one of the main reasons I wanted to use this software. Tracking expenses and profit/loss is also something I'm looking forward to doing with ease once I figure it out. Also, having an machine that links up to our online store and keeps inventory current is a major plus.

Cons: Oooh, this is gonna be a long list.
It is not exactly user friendly or intuitive. Entering inventory is a pain in the neck. You must go through two separate screens in order to complete all the information on each item! I would much rather have a long list of things to complete on one screen than have to close out Style Matrix, go into Inventory Maintenance, find the item, fill in the missing details (part number, description for the price tags, web description, etc.) then print out the price tags (which is on yet another screen!)
Also, there have been updates to the software that make some interesting changes, including having items go missing from the database and when I'm trying to ring up a customer and the machine insists that the item is NOT in inventory and would I like to add it now (even though I JUST scanned a barcode printed out by my machine) is super frustrating. Sometimes I just need to scan it for a third time before it recognizes the code and the purchase can continue. Also, the TS lookup is a hassle, as there is no way to tell if you're choosing the correct color or size in a style matrix situation. Also, when you get your online store together, the categories and departments are the opposite of what they are in the POS, which is horribly confusing, and you cannot easily change categories or departments. Don't even think about deleting one of them, because that is one button click from disaster. It gets ugly.

by POS Nation on 12/09/2019

We appreciate the feedback, Karen!

• Reviewed on 23/03/2019
Sean G.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"POS Nation Review"

Comments: I have enjoyed using POS Nation. With each fix or call to the tech team, I learn the system more and more. The POS Nation employees have been wonderful, and the hardware has held up well for the time we have had it.

Pros: I enjoyed the setup process. The instructor was great to work with, and very informative. The features within the system fit just about any scenario we run into. The ease of learning the system was also a relief.

Cons: I will occasionally run into issues finding the correct reports to run for specific information. Also, I have experienced "speed" issues with the system taking many seconds to finish transactions and open the drawer. However, both of these issues are resolved fairly quickly after calling customer support.

by POS Nation on 17/01/2020

We're happy you're enjoying your system, Sean! Thanks for the review.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Kyle L.
General Supervisor
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/11/2020

"CAPS"

Comments: Being familiar with the CAPS system from our sister property made this incorporation very easy.

Pros: We were operating on a tight turn around but, Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate to our CAPS System. Looking forward to utilizing the 24/7 support line as we get into the nuts and bolts.

Cons: Not that far along yet but, will certainly let y'all know.

by POS Nation on 3/11/2020

Kyle,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far and that Ian was able to access existing data and effectively migrate it for you! Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 1/11/2020