Adobe Creative Cloud Reviews

by Adobe

• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.1/5
    4.2/5

About Adobe Creative Cloud

Cloud-based solution that provides graphic designing through video and film editing, online sharing, audio recording and more.

Learn more about Adobe Creative Cloud

Showing 11,016 reviews

Ishak B.
Marketing coordinator
  • Reviewed on 8/06/2019

"The most powerful tool for creating vector-based graphics"

Comments: Adobe Illustrator is one of the most important softwares that i use all the time, this is by far the best in creating vectors and it contains all the tools you need that other softwares does not have. from printing materials to web ads, i use Illustrator for all types of design work.

Pros: Adobe Illustrator is the most flexible tool for creating vector-based graphics that allows you to design anything from scratch. It communicates and integrates smoothly with other Adobe’s softwares. Adobe Illustrator is definitely my go to software to create large format graphics. Adobe Illustrator makes it very easy to undo mistakes that you have made. It also works with both Mac and Windows.

Cons: Illustrator has so many features, so this tool is not suited for beginners who don't have prior experience with Adobe's softwares. There is a learning curve for this tool and it requires a lot of training and practice to get the most of it.
when working with heavy graphics, Illustrator will eat up most of your computer's RAM and CPU and tend to crash, so you're going to need a powerful computer to run it correctly.

• Reviewed on 8/06/2019
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant
Entertainment, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2020

"Illustrating Beyond Boundaries"

Comments: I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros: As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons: I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

• Reviewed on 6/04/2020
Sam Z.
Freelance
Animation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/01/2020

"I cannot say how much I dislike Adobe enough"

Comments: I use the Adobe Creative Cloud at my full-time job, and it is a constant headache. It does the job it's supposed to, but for a company such as Adobe, I expect better. I expect better products, better customer service, better policies, better everything.

Pros: The programs are fairly easy to use. And I suppose on paper it's not a bad idea. Having a subscription does make it so you're spending less money up front. And it's an easy way to stay up to date. But remember, this is all on paper. In practice it's not so good.

Cons: Adobe seems to have something of a monopoly on the graphic design market, because I don't think they'd be getting away with their practices otherwise. People who bought their products previously no longer have license to use the software they once purchased if they're not using Cloud. Their programs crash all the time, and are full of annoying UI issues. A ton of small things that just don't make sense. For instance, resizing in Photoshop used to require holding shift to maintain original dimensions. And after users become familiar with that, they decide to change it so that when you size something, holding shift changes the width and height independent of each other. Sure, this would have made sense in the beginning, but to change what so many people are familiar with this late in the game? Plus, you'd think they implement that with all programs. But nope, InDesign it's the opposite, making the change completely pointless. And InDesign is a whole other bag of problems and glitches that can really put you in a bind if you're putting together a company catalog. My supervisor and I are constantly holding our breaths and on the edges of our seats when building a catalog that something major doesn't go wrong. Crashes every single time my computer goes to sleep, it'll randomly delete elements, and there are so many problems across the Adobe Suite that they simply won't fix. I could go on and on and on, but I'm about to run out of space.

• Reviewed on 4/01/2020
Jonathan L.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2020

"The Pro Graphic Designer's Toolkit"

Comments: I use Illustrator for everything from creating logos and UI graphics to simple online posts for small businesses. The vector format is fantastic for being easily resizable without losing quality or the fine nuance of the artwork. While a bit difficult to learn, the toolset allows you do create anything you can imagine if you take the time to learn. Now, there's a growing army of competition, but in my experience, Illustrator is still the gold standard in the industry.

Pros: Adobe Illustrator is pro software with a tremendous set of tools for vector graphics creation. Personally, I've been using Illustrator since I first started studying graphic design almost a decade ago. Each new version brings us a useful set of performance and tool improvements, but my favorite in the most recent version is the freeform gradient tool. I've always wanted for a way to place gradient points wherever I wanted, and now that's possible. I use it every day and it's speedy, highly customizable (as you'd expect from pro software), and so useful! It seems like such a simple thing, I'm surprised the feature wasn't available before.

Cons: Like all pro software, there's a learning curve, and Illustrator is no exception. On one hand, I understand that it will take time to learn and implement new features. On the other, I wish it was easier to learn and keep up with the changing tide of graphic design.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2020
Renzo P.
Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Good!"

Comments: Amazing experience. Always!

Pros: For me, the Creative Cloud solution is the best, there is no competitor! I used Photoshop, Illustrator, Muse, Premiere, Dreamweaver, AE, among others, it's always a pleasure how well designed it's each software. This platform gives you almost endless possibilities if you're a creative professional.

Cons: The drawback of this, it's you need a good computer to support the full suite, sometimes in most of the enterprises that are not fully dedicated to visuals and design lacks well-equipped computers. On the other hand, the support team took a full day to reset my password, the process was too slow in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Jala B.
Site Engineer
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2020

"My review about Adobe Illustrator"

Comments: The biggest reason for using Adobe illustrator is working on macOS operating system. In fact, while most of the design programs basically have similar functions, Adobe Illustrator can outperform others with some special possibilities. Designs drawn in vector with Adobe Illustrator can be resized or shaped at any time.

Pros: I use Adobe Illustrator regarding my job for approximately 5 years. In my personal opinion and experience, this program is the easiest for professional graphic designers. The biggest reason why Illustrator is so popular and often preferred by professional designers is the "vector" feature we have been talking about since the beginning of the content. And this feature is the biggest advantage of the Adobe Illustrator.

Cons: Sometimes happen some problems with Adobe Illustrator. First of all, the performance depends on the power of the computer. Therefore sometimes happen crash or error in the projects. Besides, the license price does not suit for customers and we would like a discount.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2020
Byron O.
Creative Designer
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2020

"Create better vector artworks "

Comments: It is well suited for any kind of print design as it churns out high quality graphics.

Pros: -This is the current market standard for creating vector based images.
-It makes very high quality graphics for print
-Comes in handy when creating logos

Cons: -Gradients and colours sometimes look a bit off.
-It is very slow sometimes in recognising recently added fonts.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2020
Torre C.
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Industry standard with hard to beat features"

Comments: We mostly use Lightroom, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat / AdobeSign to help us increase efficiencies with photo editing, saving for web, and sending contracts for signature.

Pros: I love that having Creative Cloud means I always have the most current version of Adobe products on my computers, also it's hard to beat in terms of feature set.

Cons: It's on the pricey side in my opinion given the great alternatives out there, but given that it's the standard, and not having it can be a detriment in certain projects, it's hard to justify switching.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Georgios S.
Communications Assistant and PhD Researcher
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2020

"Excellent performance and great set of tools"

Comments: Overall, it was incredible to use all of them together, bridging quickly and having so much versatility on the go. It helped with designing/illustrating for work projects, mostly newsletter and website enhancements.

Pros: Easy-to-use interface with multiple options available. Includes amazing connectivity for most Adobe programs and gives you speedy downloads/add-ons on a weekly basis.

Cons: It is quite expensive and does not offer enough flexibility to truly customise your package. On one hand that is not really bad, but sometimes the experience can be negative when you're paying so much.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2020
Chloe K.
graduate student
Research, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"Best figure making software in the game"

Pros: Tons of features to make the best figures for papers.

Cons: It is quite complex and in order to understand the full range of features, Illustrator can help with I recommend finding a training workshop or at least watch some online tutorial videos.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Undergraduate
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"“An awesome graphic designing software with many tools”"

Comments: Adobe illustrator is a wonderful software and its features are amazing. I am using this software for my graphic designing work and I use this software for video editing, web designing, making shapes, photo editing, and creating logos for my projects as well as for my university clubs which I have engaged in. It consists of many awesome tools. According to my overall opinion, this graphic designing software helps me a lot and I highly recommended this software for graphic designers.

Pros: Adobe Illustrator software has loads of options for creation and it is boundless. It gives me the output which I dreamed about and it satisfies me all expectations too. Adobe Illustrator consists of many tools such as After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere which give me marvelous functions. These tools can be easily learned if we touch with our basic understandings about their usage. I should tell that this software consists of a first-rate vector tool that can be used to create vector graphics and this software can be used to make high-quality graphics using these amazing graphics tools. This software is convenient with its price and adobe creative cloud package comes with it. This software is capable of creating graphs, charts, animations, and cartoons too. The continual software updates with immediate fixes and new features that help to improve this software are commendable. I love the integration of this software with other Adobe products such as InDesign and Photoshop as it helps me to get files and access them. I am so happy with using this software.

Cons: This software takes a lot of time when loading on my computer. I think that this software is hard to use by a beginner as it requires good training to use this software. Sometimes it is difficult to find tools on the interface. The hiding if tools over other tools are annoying and it is difficult to find out them and I am confused to open these tools in these times. Immense use of CPU and RAM. Those are the downsides I observed in this software and these issues should be concerned.

Timmy T.
Database Administrator
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Capable, enterprise-level creative software at a steep price"

Comments: It has been a difficult task to keep the software fully updated while not getting negative feedback from our creative team for excessive downtime. The capabilities of the software, when it's working, are unrivaled. Our creative professionals love it for its user-friendly keyboard shortcuts, and I love it for the wealth of pre-made design tools, templates, and solutions that it offers out of the box. It's a software package perfect for aspiring designers, enterprises, and experienced solo designers alike.

Pros: I like the capability to take creative work (digital files, large unfinished .pdf documents, color swatches for half-complete design work) on the go. Especially in times like right now, designers and our team's creative professionals need to be able to work on their schedule, when inspiration strikes them. Having access to the suite of Adobe products from the cloud makes this software more useful and effective than ever before, totally justifying the arduous task of version control and monthly price tag.

Cons: The hardest part of using this software package effectively was keeping it updated, encompassing illustrator, PDF reader, and photoshop all update on different cycles and the most up-to-date version of the creative cloud may not actually be comprised of the most recent photoshop versions. When versions aren't the same, problems can pop up between team members working on files in tandem from different versions of the same software.

Don H.
Manager of Technical Services - Digital Media & Broadcasting
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"The best bundle of tools for creative professionals"

Comments: I have used Creative Cloud since it's original release and never regretted the decision. We mostly focus on their video, audio, and photo tools where I work. Tools such as Adobe Premiere, Audition, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Each tool is excellent at what it does and if not the leading tool in the industry, very close to it. Adobe releases at least 2 large new versions each year with many point releases in-between, further enhancing your investment. They are great at listening to and implementing customer feedback.

Pros: Creative Cloud makes it very easy to access, install, and manage Adobe's wide range of creative products. With more recent versions they've made it very simple to see what applications are installed, can be installed, and have upgrades available. Its also very easy to uninstall any application you are no longer using. Beta versions of the applications are also accessible and can be run in conjunction with release versions, which is a great way to preview what new features are coming up. Even better, outside of managing each application, Creative Cloud saves your application settings to the cloud. This includes everything from templates and fonts to custom window layouts and keyboard shortcuts. Should you you log into your account on a new computer, all of those preferences can by synced to it. This is a big time saver for anyone who regularly needs to switch computers, such as students working in different computer labs.

Cons: There are very few things I dislike about Creative Cloud. The biggest is probably the cost of entry. If you are a professional and making money on a regular basis with Adobe's software, then it's definitely worth the cost. If you are a hobbyist it's more difficult to justify spending $50 or more per month when competitive solutions can be purchased with one time fees for much less. As a result, while I would strongly recommend it to any of my professional friends, I would not do so for a neighbor or friend who is seeking to dabble in what these tools have to offer. It's too bad Adobe can't figure out a more cost effective way to let those hobbyists access the tools while maintaining their reasonable monthly subscription cost for professionals.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Camillia C.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Everything You Need To Succeed "

Comments: In the years I been using creative cloud I can say if you have small business and do all your marketing and wanna create videos/promos/flyers/make animation/edit anything media related, even down to customized websites you can do it with Creative Cloud it makes all things possible! lol And with photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects ( which is really cool too) In-Design you can download templates from websites like Envato which makes things run so smoothly for you. I've had no problems outta creative cloud ive been using it since 2010 and I LOVE IT! Esepcally on the Microsoft side. There interface is easier to use than apple's creative cloud. It's pretty affordable too. I was student so it was like 19.99 a month of something like that for thousands of dollars worth of products I don't know how they make it so cheap. But I thank them from the bottom of my heart because it's help me get so much stuff done for business,church even fun projects I used to do outside of the job element.
Please use Creative cloud they are like the Mc.Donalds upgraded to 4 stars in Production of any kind. Spark is a really cool program to use it's available on the i-pad. Well that's where I used it at. I mean with simple clicks you can create flyers and layouts. You can start a project on your computer do another one on the laptop and finish up on the tablet. It's universal I really love Adobe and pray that are not doing anywhere anytime soon. I often wonder if this is what Movie producers use.

Pros: I LOVE LOVE LOVE creative cloud. It has so many products available to you to get all your media production,Video editings, Marketing,Promotional Videos, Anything you can possible think of in media production, Flyers, Websites, Commerical ads, Facebook promo's, My favorite is Photoshop like I spend HOURS! On photoshop but if I need lightroom to lighten a image or darken a specific section of a photo I can do that as well. Like you can change the color of a shirt to match the eyes of someone. You can even edit a specific section of a image in one software and hop to another to complete the project your working on like I've started out doing something in photoshop and exported it to Ai. It's so easy to use I think they have little tutorial videos to get your started on the products so you can better understand what your doing. It's so many products included in creative cloud I haven't even used them all yet lol. When I say you can do EVERYTHING I mean you can do EVERYTHING. I wouldn't think of using anything else for my marketing/videos/customer flyers/promo videos, Even short films. They have this product called premiere pro. It is so awesome to use!! Like you can merge videos cut clips out add sound. It makes you feel like a real producer and I didn't even have to take a class for it. The tutorial videos they provide along with youtube are amazing. It explains everything. The apple interfaces with Creative Cloud aren't a user friendly to me honestly. I like the Microsoft.

Cons: The only product in creative cloud that I haven't really liked that well is In-Design I find it quite difficult to use at times. That's just my opinion though. I really can't think of too many things that I don't like about creative cloud honestly. It does pretty much everything. It might awhile but the customization of the finest of details is worth it if your a perfectionist like me. And if you feel you can't get something done in one program you can always use another product in Creative Cloud that might have a better interface for it.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Media Stockroom Manager
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Powerful Creation Tools"

Comments: Being able to access files and edit on the go is always a challenge. Being able to use Adobe from my phone proved useful on a couple photography shoots where the client wanted some samples right away. I used a camera with Wifi to transfer some photographs to my phone and used Adobe Photoshop on my phone to edit and then send them. I could also store them on my adobe creative cloud storage for later editing. Having that kind accessibility and flexibility is the key for me.

Pros: I have been using Photoshop since the early 90s, it has gotten better and better and is still my #1 application. The great thing now is that I can use the other applications and keep track of updates from the Adobe Creative Cloud application on my desktop or laptop. Their is also the storage that you get on Adobe Creative Cloud that you can access from wherever you are (laptop, desktop or phone). That way if you have to access files or make edits for yourself or a client it's easy. I find InDesign great for layout and text heavy projects and Illustrator for logos or art creation. I have been using Photoshop since the early 90s, it has gotten better and better and is still my #1 application. The great thing now is that I can use the other applications and keep track of updates from the Adobe Creative Cloud application on my desktop or laptop. Their is also the storage that you get on Adobe Creative Cloud that you can access from wherever you are. That way if you have to make edits for yourself or a client it's easy. I find InDesign great for layout and text heavy projects and Illustrator for logos or art creation. Also the integration of learning content into the applications themselves is also great and convenient.

Cons: The only thing I can think of as a fault to these programs is there are too many features. But even then you can customize the workspace of applications to prioritize certain functions.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"Adobe Creative Cloud Provides Us the Support Possible to Be Increasingly Innovative "

Comments: Adobe Creative Cloud has paved the pathway for us to respond "yes" to the ideas generated by our full marketing team. If we are not sure of the answer, well, there is an app for us to learn and that will allow us to respond with excitement. It certainly provides the platform for us to use our maximum creativity. Each application is instrumental in every project and marketing material that we produce, from layouts for our print and digital catalogs to images for advertisement campaigns to new wireframes for landing web pages to animated social assets. To be honest, I'm not sure how we could function well as a design team without Adobe CC.

Pros: I manage our graphic design team, and the ease and speed at which we can update our applications now with Adobe CC has provided so many opportunities for us to produce the best work possible. The licenses are very easy to manage, and our users have access to so many useful applications. In fact, our designers have developed new skill sets as they download applications that they haven't used before, taught themselves how to use the application through Adobe tutorials or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and used the application to make deliverables for campaigns even stronger and to implement the ideas that they envision. The speed at which we can share these ideas back and forth together is impressive.

Cons: Anyone can download an application, like Photoshop, InDesign, or Dreamweaver, and start to use the application (we have the "All Apps" plan). However, it does take some time and additional resources to learn to utilize unfamiliar applications to their fullest potential. Our team uses a combination of the Adobe tutorials, college courses with the tuition graciously covered by our company, or [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to teach themselves or to learn how to use all the tools provided within an application. Adobe's tutorials are very clear and easy to follow. Some applications have a steeper learning curve than others, but each application is such a powerful tool to implement that the investment in training is really worthwhile. One piece in Adobe CC that we haven't used frequently is the ability to recruit creatives through Behance. It hasn't been an option that we have considered previously.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Braden W.
Marketing and Business Development Manager
Machinery, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/04/2020

"A Graphic Design Must"

Comments: Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Pros: For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Cons: Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

• Reviewed on 9/04/2020
Rodrigo T.
Owner and designer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2020

"Many tools in one"

Comments: In general I find this application very practical in the sense of the quality of the result and the ease in grouping and ungrouping elements, creating hierarchies and joining effects. It makes it very easy to grab assets from stores, disassemble, combine and create others. As I create Apps and Games, I see an enormous facility to work this in memory quickly, even in large projects. I miss the application allowing to return to a certain part of the effects set, change a parameter and repeat the whole stack. Example: you add a rectangle, move 30 degrees and change to red. You cannot go back to the first action, change from 30 to 15 degrees and repeat the rest. I don't know if any tools have this, but coming from programming tools with batch scripts, I feel that this would be very valuable.

Pros: The possibility of having several drawing sheets in one file is great, this makes it easier to keep related collections in a single project file. I also like the many options for importing and exporting formats, with asset profiles.

Cons: There are some things that I find confusing, as they mix what's on the project/file level and what's on the application level. For example, there are settings in the export profile that are saved within your ".ai" project, but there are others, such as the folder where "export to screens", which are at the application level. So you sometimes export to the wrong place, and you always have to know where you are exporting to, this confuses you when building game assets, for example, where there are sometimes hundreds of files in the same general project (several ".ai" ).

• Reviewed on 2/04/2020
Glenn F.
Senior Graphic Designer
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2020

"The Software Gold Standard for Creative Professionals"

Comments: In general, my experience with Creative Cloud has always been a highly positive one. I use the software everyday for my job and although I've tried the other page layout design program, who's name rhymes with dark, I always come back to InDesign and am baffled at why anyone wouldn't use CC exclusively. As a graphic designer, I'm often times looking for new fonts for my creative projects and while the Adobe font library is quite extensive, I do look elsewhere for fonts. Since keeping so many fonts active at once can be a drain on Mac performance, I use Extensis Suitcase for font management. It would be great if Adobe made a font management program to work with Creative Cloud for even better seamless integration. The only other bit of feedback I have is regarding program glitches. I've had an issue with a stray Cyan swatch appearing in my InDesign files for a few years and no matter what I try, I can't permanently get rid of it. I've worked with my company's Adobe administrator with no result. I've read through countless online blogs and Help desks that relate to the very issue I have, also with no resolution. I've even shared the issue with an Adobe sales executive, that reached out to me some time ago, who was going to share my issue with the Adobe engineers. To this day I have no resolution to the issue and continue to simply work around it and let it go.

Pros: As a graphic designer creating packaging artwork for pharmaceutical products, it's easy to work with multiple programs in Creative Cloud because of the seamless integration involved. No special formatting or hoops to jump through to go from one program to another. For the most part it's just copy and paste from one to another. I also like that now that Creative Cloud is web based with a desktop control panel, it's easy to update and upgrade software at any time without needing to wait for our administrator to roll out the new software.

Cons: Not easy to find much to dislike about Creative Cloud as I've been using the programs for roughly 20 years or more. The only thing that comes to mind is an aspect of the desktop control panel for CC. When I go to the control panel to see what programs are available, are installed, or have updates/upgrades, the interface is a bit of a mess. All previous versions of programs still show up and list updates that are available. The real issue I have is that the programs with multiple versions available don't easily note which version they are. They list their versions as 21.0.1 instead of CC 2017, CC 2018, or CC 2019, which would make it much easier to determine what is there since the installed programs show up by the year.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2020
John S.
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2020

"Tried & tested"

Comments: I use creative cloud apps everyday in my photography business for both managing Image files, basic editing & client viewing in lightroom, advanced editing in photoshop and also the creation of marketing materials (fliers, posters etc.) also in photoshop. I've been using Photoshop for about 18 years, and Lightroom for well over 10 years and I'm still learning. They're not the easiest programs to get your head around, but there's a lot of free great material available on YouTube to get you up and running. I've never had any issues with the software or subscription and I often recommend them to others.

Pros: The creative cloud subscription gives you the latest version of the software, there's no need to buy a new version each time it's released. Personally I use the photography package and have lightroom & photoshop as part of this, both of which I use daily. The latest features/updates in the 2020 version (of PS) are great (especially updates to content aware fill) and are very useful for the type of work I do saving me a great deal of time. A lot of people moan about the subscription route Adobe have gone down. Personally I think it's a positive aspect and the great thing about it is that you can try it, and if it's really not for you then just cancel your subscription and try something else.

Cons: The only thing which I found slightly annoying, is that some of the features & functions work slightly differently when you're essentially trying to do the same thing. For example transform, crop etc. - sometimes I have to hold shift, sometimes I don't depending on which function I'm using which is confusing - there doesn't seem to be any standardisation. Also I find going from Lightroom to Photoshop can also be confusing sometimes when the same tools in each program, use different commands/shortcuts etc. it does take some getting used to.

• Reviewed on 3/03/2020
Matthew H.
President & Founder
Consumer Electronics, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Continuing a history of excellence"

Comments: We utilize many of the Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Photoshop for general image manipulation, photo editing and the like; Illustrator for Vector Artwork creation and manipulation, After Effects for video production and multimedia ad creation. Other applications in the Adobe Suite are installed, but used much less frequently. Having used Adobe products since version 7, Creative Cloud continues the iterative nature of Adobe's software while keeping much of the core architecture the same... meaning this 'old dog' doesn't necessarily have to learn too many 'new tricks'.

Pros: Adobe Creative Cloud has long been considered the "cream of the crop" when it comes to Document Publishing / Document Layout / Graphic Design / Multimedia / Video Editing software. Their latest version(s), part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, continue that legacy with highly capable software that is robust, reliable, and thoroughly useful in any number of utilizations. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, with each of these products you see vast improvements and new features, without sacrificing previous iterations workflows, which increases productivity even further.

Cons: As Adobe has been migrating to a Cloud-first approach to their software packages, single-use application purchases have been minimized and or lost completely. Adobe Creative Cloud offers a significant value in terms of software bundling, however, some customer's may be turned off by the inability to do a single purchase for the software. Having to pay to use the software in-perpetuity does cause pause for many organizations, but the upside is that you can always use the latest and greatest version(s).

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Lead Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Necessary Dinosaur?"

Comments: So far I'm moving way from Dreamweaver to software such as VS studio. I still use Photoshop but there are a number of photo editing software that are good enough to make me feel like this is just old habit. The same can be said about Illustrator. Currently, my biggest rely is Acrobat Pro. The one thing that keeps me tied to my subscription is the ease of having all of the software through one company

Pros: I've got my chops using Adobe in the '90s. First with Photoshop, then illustrator, then Dreamweaver. I'm so used to Adobe software that I can use them without having to think of the technical side of things which makes focusing on the creative side a lot easier and more intuitive. That said...

Cons: Over time Adobe software has just gotten more and more bloated and difficult to rely on. There have been some recent changes, reorientation of common tools, which while in some ways make sense from a workflow point of view from an old user that is super irritating. the documentation for new releases is severely lacking. Adding these issues to the rather hefty annual fees and I feel like Adobe is not only asking for competitors to take over it's relying on older customers to keep the home lights burning while younger designers are not even picking up the torch.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Duane A.
Executive Producer
Photography, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2020

"The Creative Toolkit"

Comments: The modern creative field is a demanding industry. For those of us who entered the workforce in the mid-2000's, we couldn't land a desirable position by specializing in one aspect of our industry. The recession, along with exponential global corporate growth, produced a generation of Swiss Army Knives. Those of us who quickly adapted survived. I wouldn't be in the position I am in my career without the ease of use and collaborative elements of Adobe Creative Cloud. I can wear my photographer hat in Lightroom and Photoshop and then immediately switch gears to Commercial Advertising in Premiere, After Effects, and Encoder.

Pros: The collaboration between the apps within the suite. I can adjust the look of an image in Lightroom, retouch the image in Photoshop, animate the image in After Effects, and load it into a video project in Premiere. If I make a change to the image at any point in the workflow chain, the other Apps automatically update it in their UI. It saves me hours every day.

Cons: It still is a bit buggy. There are times where the software will crash when overloaded. It just becomes something I always think about during the work day. How much of a load am I putting on the software, how will it affect app integration, and (most importantly) is my auto-save set up properly. It's manageable from a professional standpoint but definitely something to keep in mind.

• Reviewed on 7/02/2020
Govinda H.
Project Head
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2020

"Review for Adobe Illustrator "

Comments: Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros: Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons: The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2020
Christian edison B.
Publicity Committee Head
Computer Hardware, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2019

"Adobe Illustrator Review"

Comments: Adobe Illustrators is an innovative vector-based program developed for graphic design professionals. This software used algorithms to draw shapes rather than using bitmap images to store data. That's why Illustrator's vector graphics can be scaled to any size without losing their overall quality or resolution. Adobe Illustrator makes everything from company logos to informative drawings to animated designs because of this unique design. It can print illustrations, produce beautiful graphics on the website and give users full control over their typography. So, I recommend this software and it is worth it.

Pros: 1.) It provides an interface which will help the user:
You have an extra degree of flexibility when working to design the entire workspace with Adobe Illustrator. Your interface makes personalized viewing possible. There is also an option to save space. Such processes allow you to work on your project in any way that is most convenient, while maintaining full control over all the options available.
2.) The Adobe Illustrator is compatible on almost any computer system:
While Adobe Illustrator is not working well on mobile devices, on almost any computer system, it does an exceptional job. It can be used on Windows PCs or on items from Apple. Even from the early 2000s, if you use an older top-of - the-line option, it will work properly on older computers.
3.) It produces web and print graphics:
Thanks to Adobe Illustrator, you can easily create print-ready graphics. With this tool, you can also create web graphics. It works in any screen resolution, offering a constantly updated tool set that allows you to relatively easily build professional vector graphics.

Cons: The only disadvantage is that you need to require lots of patience. If you're planning to design something that's interesting, imaginative, and you don't need a practical dimension, then Adobe Illustrator can help you put together something in no time. If you want to build something that makes people feel positive, then you need to give yourself plenty of time to work on the project.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2019