15 years helping New Zealand businesses

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (20,186) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Difficult to explore through the various bundles. Was charged 20$ and needed to experience a cycle where they input .01 into my record - which was redundant.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 20,186 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (20,185)

Charleen
Charleen
corporate President in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Comments: Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros:

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons:

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Tracy
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Desktop Still a Good Choice

Comments: I love QB in all its forms. I love that you can get industry specific versions. I encourage you to check it out if you are looking for an accounting software.

Pros:

So many people are moving to the online version. I use both for different clients. They each have their pros and cons so make sure and check them out before deciding. Also, if you are currently on desktop I find it very hard to change to online. All the clients I have that have tried have claimed it is a nightmare.

Cons:

The only down side is that I have trouble with connectivity to bank accounts for auto download.

Peggy
Executive Director in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Bugs & Glitches

Comments: I have been using QB since its inception, so I know my way around. Several years ago we started having glitches & were told our file was just too big for the version we were running & must upgrade to E S. Based on the high cost of the product I had high hopes. But, we still have the same problems as before. I do not reccommend for anyone who is a novice or busy, because you will spend a couple of hours a month on the phone with folks who neither know nor care about solving the issue.

Pros:

Nothing. It's what I am stuck with until we can afford to switch to another product.

Cons:

1. System crashes frequently 2. At LEAST once a year my Bank Rec beginning balance is wrong (for no reaason) and I have unreconcile back to the last month with a correct balance (over 12 the last time) and redo them all. 3. Reports are often inaccurate. Sometimes closing and restarting helps but usually not. 4.Tech support is very unhelpful. They say if they can't recreae the problem there's nothing they can do

Dlkhosh
CEO in Iraq
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Very good inventory management, time tracking Numerous customizable reports Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons Terrific mobile apps

Cons:

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Sandy
CFO in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Easy to Use and Excellent Information System

Comments: Excellent in terms of process and output. A bit expensive.

Pros:

Setup not difficult and easy access on a day to day basis to keep track of all expenditures and income. Reports are excellent and easy to set up for your needs.

Cons:

I dont like a subscription. Not practical for a business of our size and not necessary. I don't like having to log into intuit all the time either. I feel it's way too expensive for our needs, but probably fine for a larger organizations.

Yongmei
Operations Manager in UK

All-in-One Accounting Tool

Pros:

It is very comprehensive. So you can manage all accounts side of a company, especially a small business, in one software. Reconciliation hence is easy and straightforward.

Cons:

It has a lot of features in the total package but as a small business, we don't use all of them so sometimes think that part is a bit of waste.

Wendy
Bookkeeper in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Best Software QBs

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been a QuickBooks user since 2005 and would not trade it. I am currently training to become QuickBooks Certified so that says alot. I love this software. Desktop and Online.

Pros:

It is extremly user friendly, I like that if I make a mistake it will prompt me, that I can put my receipts, or pictures in as attachmetns. That I can email from the invoice section and that I can do an audit trail to find any and all mistakes prior to visiting with the CPA.

Cons:

I don't like that changes are made to often and then you need to reset yourself.

Forrest
IT Systems Administrator in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop still working after all these years

Pros:

Having been in an administrative support role for QuickBooks Enterprise desktop for over 10 years the one thing I appreciate is the consistency from release to release which means we do not have to re-train our staff or our [sensitive content hidden] each time a new release comes out. That does not mean that they do not add new features but that they maintain the similar look and feel of previous versions which I like. I also like that they do keep adding industry standard features to their products to stay competitive in the marketplace.

Cons:

One of the only issues I have is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to download the latest patches to the server which hosts the file. I think that that process could use some improvement, the in-app upgrade however does work good and usually don't have any issues with the server so I just leave it until they release a major release.

Automotive, Self Employed

Easy to use

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

How easy it is to use. From initial set up to final product.

Cons:

I thi k it could be a little cheaper but overall its good

Beverly
Logistics Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

QUICKBOOKS IS AWESOME

Comments: My overall experience has been great I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros:

Quick books has a very easy to understand app & website to manage all your business needs.I deal with a lot of truck drivers on a daily bases and Ifta tax tracking has always been a hassle,but not with quick books.They allow you to add mileage & fuel cost to better estimate quarterly taxes.You also received discounts on tax preparation software.

Cons:

I honestly don’t have anything bad to say about quickbooks.The only thing I suggest is that they partner with more companies to offer customers discounts.

4 years ago

Great review, Beverly! Hearing how easy and helpful QuickBooks has been to you and your company is music to our ears. We'll continue to be there to assist with all of your mileage and cost tracking, and tax prep for years to come. For more info on ways we're working to provide even more features and functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheers to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Quickbook The old and the online

Comments: Still my go to package and it will continue to get better as time goes by with the online version.
Offline version is still be most powerful for small business (non-us) countries.

Pros:

It has becoming the defecto accounting package for my company and we recommend it due to ease of use, and familiarity. The technology has evolved into the online offerings and this added the value to small business enabling them to interface online with customers, - estimates, quotes and invoices can be easily email. The offline (desktop) version was preferred by small non US based business due to the ability to customize some components to fit non-generic business procedures, the online version is a bit more standardize. However overall the online offer has quite suited for small business. It ease of use and cloud offer takes away from a number of business continuity challenges, allowing a mom or pop shop to operate with the public image as any other large firm. Reporting for the small business user is a great feature, help management to be self sufficient with dashboard reporting, built in.

Cons:

COST: The online software for the required feature will a small business at least 35 per month for the current offer. LACK of ability to Custom fields: There is a lack of ability to create your own data fields which is useful for non-us customer due to local standards and regulations.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for your detailed review. We strive to provide the necessary tools to meet the needs of every business. It's great to hear you found this to be true of QuickBooks. As the product evolves, we're working to incorporate even more functionality. You can find out more about these kinds of updates by viewing our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Antonio
Antonio
Product Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Best Accounting Software for SMBs

Comments: With Quickbooks I can see the overall health of my business. I can track my expenses, sales, inventories, financial reports and other vital information for intelligent decision making.

Pros:

The thing I like most about Quickbooks is its completeness. For a small to medium sized business one gets to have a user friendly accounting and inventory system all rolled into one. Add to that its customizable reports suited to ones needed data. Some of these reports which are very vital to a business owner are Daily/Weekly/Monthly and even Annual Sales Report, Inventory related reports, Expenses Reports, Accounts Payables and Receivables, Banking and many more.

Cons:

Like any software, or for whatever product that is, Quickbooks also have some flaws. Personally, I would prefer the customization of forms to be more flexible where the user can have more control. An example of this is the addition of additional fields aside from those that are built-in. Another thing i don't like about Quickbooks is its limitation on the number of items and the size of its company file. In a previous company I worked at, I have reached the maximum number of items, thus I was faced with deleting some items, and those items had transactions connected to them. Finally, I suggest Intuit increase the maximum company size because in my experience, when I reached the maximum company file size, the system totally lagged big time.

Osinachi
Tax Officer in Nigeria

Over 5 Years of Overall Satisfaction from QuickBooks

Comments: It an Outstanding and unique experience with QuickBooks, Because of what i have been able to solve at Work, Meetings and Even at Critical Moments, I would Like the Team to continue Working Hard and also be more innovating for us not to have a reason to either go back to our Previous Product or an Easy or Advance Product than QuickBooks.

Pros:

Am Proud to Say i have been Fortunate enough to get to know QuickBooks early in my World of Finance, which has lead and added few Stars to my Financial Works (Reports), My love for QuickBooks is due to it has made me receive compliments from My Line Head and Even my Colleague for the accuracy and detail I present when it comes to our financial reports. It has a easy to use feature, outstanding communication style, efficient and even Portable. Just a Few Clicks and Your Financial Report is Ready.

Cons:

Getting Settled with the QuickBooks Advance, was a bit Tough, but after getting everything fix up (Setting Up), it you go to go, You also have to be careful and vigilant when Printing out Invoices and others due to the Date Changes. One thing to make sure of is the group of the items you are computing, you have to Double-Check your Reports so as not to contain Mis-Grouped information and for Accuracy.

Tania
Finance Administrator in Canada
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

Comments: The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

Pros:

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

Cons:

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

Lindsay
Operations Administrator in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

It Does Everything and GREAT Customer Service Representatives

Comments: We have benefitted greatly from using Quickbooks. We are able to manage the majority of our bookkeeping details and reports internally because of it. We use Quickbooks to track every expense, invoice clients, create quotes, see profit and loss reports, manage our accounts and see where our money is going.

Pros:

Quickbooks can integrate with numerous platforms and since it's a market leader, there are lots of forums and helpful resources. It can due so much and is our "one stop shop" for bookkeeping needs. I have had WONDERFUL experience with their customer service representatives... I hang up the phone with a smile and have always felt like I got the resolution I was seeking. Their representatives have been so patient, always taking as much time as needed to help resolve any and all issues I have, and they communicate in a way that seems to say that they enjoy their job and are pleased to be of assistance.

Cons:

It takes a while to get oriented in Quickbooks and familiar with all that it can do -- which can be a bit overwhelming, as it is not a very clean or user friendly platform -- but after getting more familiar, its "vastness" has become more of an asset. We used Quickbooks' additional payroll service for a year before realizing that it was not the most cost effective way to go (at least it was starting to feel quite steep!). Our first payment was much lower than the rest. Perhaps we landed on a good deal, but it felt a bit more like a bait and switch scheme.

6 years ago

Thank you for your honest review, Lindsay. I'm glad QuickBooks vast feature set has become an asset to you, but we realize learning anything new can be a bit overwhelming at times. With this said, you mentioned you've had a chance to check out some of our forums and resources, like those hosted on the Community at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. I'm delighted you've explored these, as they were made with you in mind. These spaces are meant to help you get oriented to the product faster, and another awesome one-stop shop for support is our Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd). As for Payroll pricing, please know we have cost-efficient options so you always get the value you deserve. I'd be happy to dig into this with you further and invite you to message me directly ([email protected]). This way, I can dig into your details and go from there. Thrilled you enjoy the software as much as we like having you as part of the QuickBooks family! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Business Owner in UK
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Quickbooks Online Review

Comments: Overall QB Online helps me run my two business from anywhere, I can process any amount of suppliers bills, make payments, run reports etc etc ... from my armchair if I wanted to. The 3rd party apps that sync up are great , you need to be prepared to put in some leg work to understand how this all hooks up but once you have it all set up it works a dream. I reckon I save 1.5 admin salaries per year using QB Online and all the other apps
Overall...its worth 10 times the cost

Pros:

We have been using this web based software for around 5 years having used the desktop version for 10 years prior to that. The main advantage is easy access anywhere with no concerns on backing up your data. These alone are worth the very reasonable monthly costs. I chose QB online as its market share attracts a lot of 3rd party integration App developers which help me streamline our processes and save a stack of cash on administration costs

Cons:

Some years ago the UK based support was non existent, over the last 3-5 years this has been massively improved with a UK based support team. Can be a bit laggy when the USA wake up, this can be overcome by using the desktop application that somehow sync's with the Web based platform. I've never tried this, but can see how others might

5 years ago

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write this glowing testimony. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 15 years. Your review perfectly captures what QB Online is all about, which is helping business owners save time, save money, and manage their business from any location. By the way, if you're interested in giving our desktop app a try, you can download it from this page: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/apps/ The app generally runs faster than the browser version of QB Online, so it'd be worth checking out. We look forward to backing your business for years to come! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Construction, 2–10 Employees

it's a love hate relationship

Comments: Setup isn't difficult, but it's very time consuming. It's difficult to use the update product once you lose the initial program. I've changed computers that originally had the program installed (when it was a CD). After changing the laptop, and losing some information, including the CD, I wasn't able to prove previous ownership and had to purchase the new complete program which is much more expensive. I hope that problem has been corrected since I would think the d/l'able programs can be tracked more easily. I call this a love/hate relationship because QB gets you to love the program, then makes it difficult to continue with the same program once the 3 years are up. They know they "gotcha"! but, all in all, it's a program I wouldn't want to do without when having a business. I also use this program to keep track of not for profit organizations, too. It's a very versatile program for any type of business. I used the contractor program and have been able to customize it for the Nonprofit. I began using QB in 2003. It's certainly grown since then!

Pros:

I like QB for it's completeness to operate a business. It integrates your banking, your customer base and sales and/or estimates seamlessly. You can use it to email customers or print out what you need. There are so many facets to this software it'll take you a while to get to know them. Once you do, you'll be forever beholden to use them. It's hard to go back to a simple spreadsheet again. All invoices/estimates are custom-izable. You can use your logos and iven if you're a small micro business, you present yourself as a competent, savvy businessperson.

Cons:

You must purchase a new copy every 3 years. Some of the features you get used to using become un-usable if the newer version isn't purchased. QB doesn't support many of it's features after the program is 3 yrs old. You can still use the program, but some of the conveniences are gone, such as emailing invoices, or payroll. QB has a habit of having you get used to their newer features and then take them away once the program is more than three years old.

5 years ago

Thanks for your honest review and loyalty. It'd be my pleasure to touch on why updates occur, as well as how you can move data between computers. I assure you there are steps in place should you no longer have the original CD, and this article covers the process: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1771783. Furthermore, the info in the following link walks through how to avoid losing data when moving: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1764250. The insights there will save you valuable time moving forward. As for the 3-year lifetime, we work hard to deliver the most secure and state of the art software on the market. This means the back-end systems comprising sensitive connected features, like email and payroll, must be replaced within that time frame. Full upgrades are the best way to safeguard your data and customer info. Should you have further questions, I invite you to email me directly. I'll gladly answer them in full ([email protected]). Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Consumer Services, Self Employed

So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed

Comments: Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!

Pros:

MILEAGE TRACKING!!! The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes. EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES: Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution. INVOICES Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment. TAXES: For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Cons:

CHART OF ACCOUNTS: I switched which credit card I use as my business card and want to stop automatically importing transactions from the old credit card (which I am now using for personal expenses). You can’t turn off imports for a particular account without losing all former transactions associated with that card/account. This completely changes the Profit and Loss reports. I had to call customer service and they had to do a whole delete thing where now all transactions from deleted accounts are called “cash,” which is misleading and unclear. INCOME: There is only one income category to choose from. I have to classes of self-employed work I do that uses the same bank account and credit card. I’d like a way to assign Income A and Income B, so that when I look at my Profit & Loss reports, I can see at a glance how much I earned from type A kind of work and how much I earned from Type B. EXPENSE CATEGORIES There is no way to add or change the provided categories. I understand QuickBooks does this so that each category that is offered is automatically associated with a particular tax deduction item approved by the IRS, but it would be nice to be able to add a category that suits my business and select the associated IRS deduction category when setting it up. INVOICES You can’t make up your own invoice numbers. I would like use the same first 2 numbers or even letters for each client I invoice, but you can’t. You have to use QB’s automatic numbering system.

Naomi
CEO in US

Not for entry level

Comments: It has definitely helped our business stay in compliance. Most CPA’s use this software so it’s an easy way for them to access our information. It has not been an easy software to learn but it’s worth it once you do.

Pros:

Once you tailor it to your business and get familiar with the features it can be helpful and stress free. Knowing I’m staying in compliance puts me at ease as well as having one spot I can go to to access all my info.

Cons:

It is not user friendly. You can’t just purchase the software and try and “figure it out” on your own. I had to have training from my CPA and it has taken years to fully feel comfortable with it....and I STILL have questions! I also don’t like having to transfer the file back and forth with my cpa which means I have to wait on him to get anymore work done.

5 years ago

We appreciate you being a part of our QuickBooks family over the years, Naomi! It's wonderful to hear our software has helped you stay at ease by knowing you're in compliance and all your data is in one spot. At first it can be tough to figure out how to use all the features available and like you said, you can still have questions even when you're comfortable. If you ever need to know how to do something, we recommend checking out our Community page for self-help articles and discussions with your peers, as well as access to our support team: (https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop). Also, if you're not already, it may be easier to share your file with your CPA by using our Accountant File Transfer Service (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1760628). This allows you to continue working in your books and apply their changes when they're done. We hope this information helps and wish you continued success! Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Miguel
Finance & Accouting Assistant in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Finance & Accounting Assistant

Comments: It's been great because of the online aspect. I can work from any computer and even work remotely. I've connected to some great apps like "Business Importer" or "Billpay" where i can import data into the system and have taken full advantage of the bank synching feature.

Pros:

We use Quickbooks Online and below are the pro's: 1. It's online and comes with cloud storage for attachments and other 2. Great admin management controls. Not super sophisticated but very useful indeed. 3. GREAT GREAT apps that work and synch with QBO 4. Bank synching that allows you to match expenses and income to the bank to help reconciliations go quicker

Cons:

1. Limited reporting formats. It has several custom reports that you can customize but sometimes it does not have the option for specific reports you would like to see. For example P&L by transaction detail. 2. Customer support is limited, hard to get a hold of, and not the most helpful all the time. A lot of times they refer you to a link 3. Would be nice if you could also customize columns in the entry side of things with customs menus or dropdowns. You have the basic and essentials but would be nice if it was more customizable.

4 years ago

Hi there, Miguel. Maintaining organization is key to running a successful business. We're thrilled to know you've been able to do this with QuickBooks! You've got some great suggestions. To keep up with ways we're working to improve the software, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, to receive tailored info about specific questions, the Community is available as an alternate route to reach support (https://community.intuit.com/). Thanks for your review! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Katie
Owner, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

QuickBooks = Quick Completion = Quick Tax Return = Quick Cash on Hand (and ALL with Piece of Mind!)

Comments: I switched to QB as my method of tax preparation approx. 5 years ago. Prior to that (while still married), I used an outside company. I did receive great service with that agency. If you're an organized person who values seeing the same Tax Rep each year & take time to cultivate a relationship with 1 person, then it will pay off for you after 3-4 years IF your Rep sticks around. Beyond that fairly high risk, it was more costly (3x more), more cumbersome, and...... I still had to leave the house LOL. Once single, I received a random offer for QB that promoted 1) Ease of use 2) Complete assistance in any/all deductions possible 3) Comprehensive audit protection at a nominal fee 4) Electronic e-filing 5) Direct deposit 6) State taxes completed with ease & 7) Both returns filed together. The cost was LOW (about $100 rather than the $350 we spent/year by using an outside service). I thought, "SIGN ME UP". I purchased it online. It was delivered via email in a downloadable format with a website. In under 15 minutes I was signed up as a new QB customer w/ the flexibility of preparing my return at my own convenience in my own home. For those of you who are terrified of Finances, Taxes and Money.... DON'T BE. I literally knew nothing about this topic and wasn't good at it. The program walks you through every stage of Tax Prep. It helps you capitalize on all money saving deductions possible, has a (?) next to each new term/item if you're unsure what they're asking, etc. All I do is input my financial info when prompted to and that's it. The program reviews your return at the end, shows you your risk factor for being audited and flags any "at risk" items about your return, and THEN suggests the changes to be made to assure your taxes are accepted by the IRS and State. EVERY TIME I DO TAXES I FEEL SAFE I AM SUBMITTING A QUALITY TAX RETURN & THE PEACE OF MIND IN KNOWING QUICKBOOKS WILL BACK ME UP IN THE EVENT OF AN AUDIT HELPS ME SLEEP BETTER AT NIGHT. This year, I became a Self-Employed business owner & chose to purchase both QuickBooks Self-Employed and QB Online, just to be safe! STILL JUST AS EASY! I keep track of my receipts for both business and personal on a Weekly basis in a matter or moments. Upload pics of my receipts to the Apps provided. Those receipts are automatically integrated into my Tax Prep forms and TAX COMPUTING EVEN THIS YEAR OWNING A START UP COMPANY WAS NEVER EASIER! A++ Look no further!

Pros:

1) Ease of Use 2) Support 3) Quick 4) Direct Deposit Available using a number of different options (bank account, prepaid debit, etc) 5) Both returns files jointly 6) Need little knowledge of finance or industry to acquire the most amount of money possible 7) All extra forms necessary needed for you individual circumstances completed by QB within the existing program 8) Option to purchase Audit Protection that comes with legal representation if necessary 9) Low cost for Quality product 10) Pre-populated information if a returning customer. 11) The List goes On.

Cons:

If I HAD to make a complaint it would be that the Intuit / QB system has allowed me to create a number of accounts over the years but didn't "flag" this this or suggest I merge them. As a result, it often takes me significant time to "locate" the actual documents I'm seeking, which I have found time consuming and annoying b/c I have such little time. So each year I Login into my account, I am confused as to "which" account QB is using and uploading. That is something I will address in the near future. Also, there are becoming so many versions of QB's to choose from that it was a little confusing for me to decide which one to pick considering I've had several changes takes place in my status (Divorced, New Small Business Owner, Need to Document Major Assets, Expenses, Deductions and Self-Declared Income). So choosing the correct version of QB was a little dicey.....but in QB defense, I didn't call to seek help in making that decision either. However, when I finally did look into it, I still couldn't find EVERYTHING I NEED IN ONE PRODUCT (which, let's be real here, is probably a good marketing strategy), but it isn't sitting well with me. I feel it would be beneficial for QB as an organization to streamline different products to be more comprehensive and to simplify their product line for the new user. If I had never used QB in the past, this fact alone would have intimidated me enough to prevent me from purchasing it. True story.

Jacques
Jacques
Managing Director in South Africa
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Best Accounting Solution For Small Business

Pros:

The cloud solution makes it ideal for small business without needing the ICT infrastructure. Its available anywhere and with the mobile app gives you data when you need it. Plenty of integrations available. Its very cost effective.

Cons:

It doesn't integrate natively with on premises deployments.

4 years ago

Hi Jacques, We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying using QuickBooks for your accounting needs. No matter if you're in the office or out on the road, you can count on our software to back your business. We're committed to continue implementing new and improved tools to make your daily tasks easier while remaining cost effective. To hear news on what's in the works, be sure to check out our blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Thanks for being the best part of Intuit! Kind regards, Jen, Intuit Support Specialist

Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quickly impressive!

Comments: To summarise its an incredibly attractive & useful product, both for sole traders and Limited companies. It's great value for money and can save a huge amount of time and headaches. This is particularly evident when you consider it as an interest in something that will without a doubt save you time, and may even lessen or cut your bookkeeper expenses totally. In view of that, I've have no problems in suggesting Quickbooks. Start with the 30-day trial to completely evaluate whether or not it meets your specific needs.

Pros:

First and foremost, keep in mind that this is a product with a long history. The parent organization, Intuit has been creating expense and bookkeeping programming beginning around 1983. They are a US organization however adjusted Quickbooks for the UK market and duty framework in 2014. Quickbooks is one of the main bookkeeping programming arrangements with more than 624,000 endorsers in 2014 (a figure liable to have risen). Once more, that simply adds to the entire trust and security component. The greatest benefit of utilizing Quickbooks is the time and stress it will save you. When you're fully operational you'll see how effectively you can keep all of your bookkeeping records forward-thinking. It truly turns into a breeze. Also the biggest advantage is that you're no longer shackled to your desk! saving your opportunity to develop your business. All of that for only a couple of pounds a month implies it truly is an easy decision and one of the best choices you'll make when maintaining a business.

Cons:

Nothing is perfect and to guarantee a decent Quickbooks review it's vital that you're aware of the disadvantages too. Right off the bat, similar to any product, it's somewhat flawed. There are some reviews on Trustpilot surveys of individuals encountering technical issues. Regardless of whether that is with connecting bank accounts or individuals simply doing something wrong. However it's frustrating when such things happen. However, to alleviate that, Quickbooks do have a pretty responsive tech support team. There are a huge number of surveys that describe the supportiveness and persistence of the Quickbooks customer service team. So it's reassuring to know that should you encounter a problem, they'll assist you with tackling it rapidly. The other negative worth focusing on is that with any product there is an expectation to absorb information. You'll have to invest some time figuring out how to take full advantage of its capabilities. Fortunately, Quickbooks make it relative easy with instinctive plan and design and a lot of tutorials and help material.

Alvaro
Alvaro
Account Manager in Philippines
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workable solution for a solo freelance accountant up to small businesses

Comments: A go-to software for accounting personal to small business projects. Very intuitive and comes with mobile access from multiple devices. Reporting is at the heart of any accounting person (esp Tax and Audit season), Quickbooks will make life a little bit pleasanter during those torture months in the fiscal year. :)

Pros:

This accounting solution is Web-based. It makes life easy for a mobile accountant (or executive) as one can readily access the ledgers from anywhere, anytime, using any/multiple devices. The reporting capabilities for me is another most important item to watch. Quickbooks is flexible, customizable, and easy to create reports either via templates or custom to the business scenario. It works well for both. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. We have not yet experienced any lag/downtime (at least whenever we are actively using the service). Lastly, the terror "Tax Season" is really made a lot more manageable and pleasant due to the powerful reporting tool and easy integration with our third-party tax system.

Cons:

Limited integrations to third party apps. Actually, for the most basic part, we wanted to hook it up with our timekeeping app, but is currently not covered. Back to the manual solution of inputting hours brute force. It may be a little tricky (esp at first) when using with multiple accounts. There need to manually change accounts can mess things up esp for pay/payroll.

6 years ago

Hi Alvaro. I'm delighted QuickBooks alleviates some of the pain of tax season, and am glad you enjoy the flexibility of our web-based product. With this said, I want to ensure any third party apps you're using are integrating as well as possible. If you haven't yet, I encourage you to check out our App Center at https://apps.intuit.com. You mentioned your timekeeping app wasn't covered, but we have hundreds of ready-made add-ons hosted here. Additionally, you can find helpful insights on linking apps on our Community Q&A forum at https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o. It doubles as a troubleshooting/how-to library, as well. This means when you're not working with QuickBooks reps, you can search the digital database of syncing fixes and workflow insights. There are similar self-help tools in our Resource Center, as well. A prime example is this tutorial on how to manage multiple accounts: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/lessons/edit-chart-of-accounts/. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Accounting, Self Employed

Intuit is profiteering with their new subscription model

Comments: It will take decades for their online products to catch up with their desktop software, and even then the desktop software will run much more smoothly due to their inability to maintain and set parameters to the local software used to access their product (web browsers) and the users ability to invest in the hardware stack to ensure the most seemless experience which often times for advanced users is highly system intensive.AccountEdge seems like one of the best options to suggest to clients moving forward. Here's to the a smooth transition for fellow users.

Pros:

As a 10+yr user, we were ready to pay the three year price today which apparently is $1.3K/yr now, technically $3.9K/3yrs (assuming they don't rasie the price again) for their new subscription model since they're refusing to offer even the most basic technical updates or even access to the downloaded desktop software after "subscription" ends.

Cons:

The price is up from $549 just over three years ago, effectively raising the price 609%. This could easily be seen as profiteering and hopefully Intuit QuickBooks is faced with a large enough class action lawsuit to bring the executives back down to earth. The most unfortunate part for Intuit QuickBooks is that once clients leave it will be near impossible to bring them back. Based on the feedback I've been reading, this could be a real lesson for the price elasticity of demand, it's tempting to short the stock.