Consistency and Transparency - A Very Strong System System with a Few Opportunities

Reviewed on 19/12/2016
Aaron G.
Facilities Development Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can absolutely not imagine managing our 175 restaurants well without Service Channel. Our company is comprised of several acquisitions' worth of franchisees and SC was such an important tool, helping us gain consistency in how our locations are managed.

Pros: Transparency and Consistency: Everything is transparent; when dispatches were created, who created them, what contractor was dispatched, when the tech was on site if there was a proposal, who approved it, when we were invoiced, who approved it, when the invoice was paid, etc. How one location is managed is how all locations are managed. Accountability at all levels, for all things: There's never any doubt about what happened when it happened. Proposal Approvals: Our initial big win with Service Channel was its proposal approval process. Prior to Service Channel, our system of proposal approvals amounted to an excel spreadsheet and a chain of emails that was very hard to manage and impossible to track. Now it clear and consistent and easy to review. Asset Tracking: We have heavily used the asset tracking abilities of Service Channel for the past 2 years. It's now coming to fruition the results of our effort, having the ability to look at any given piece of equipment and see its make/model/serial information and know how many repairs were made over the past year so we can make the best decisions on whether to repair or replace it. Preventative Maintenance: We have ultimate consistency in our PM program knowing when dispatches go out, who they go to, and exactly what the scope of work is that we send. Flexibility: The system is incredibly flexible, not a one size fits all system at all. You can be as creative as possible in its use, tailoring it to your organization's specific needs. Contractor Compliance: Service Channel has helped our accounting team gain consistency in knowing when certificates of insurance are out of date System Reporting: It's incredibly powerful. What do you want to know-- average invoice amounts per trade? what contractor are performing well? what are your top 10 most frequently repaired assets? You name it-- you can report on it. Fluid Accounting Processes: Invoices flow from SC into our Accounting software (with integration) after approval from the field. SC has helped keep our accounting department lean and mean. SC is a widely used, well-developed system -- one of the biggest and best. They're constantly improving.

Cons: Contractor Engagement: Ultimately contractors have to choose to engage and participate in Service Channel and smaller contractors can offer a challenge in their participation. I feel like, if there was one thing I'd improve about the system, I wish it was easier for the contractors to work through their onboarding. The better the contractor experience, the easier for them to navigate, the more contractors that will want to work inside of the system. Without contractor buy-in, the system loses its power. Pay per feature: While SC does have a very strong base feature set, to upgrade and use certain other features, will cost an additional, small, per-site fee. You will run into little programming flaws from time to time and have to report them when they pop up, for correction. Because of the volume of clients that SC has and the fact they have to prioritize improvements, sometimes it takes longer for the correction than one might like.

A great tool to manage store issues and communication to the vendor base or corporate partners.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017
Trish D.
Customer Support

Pros: As a Facilities Manager, high value is placed on ease of use for the field and its versatility. Our staff uses Service Channel for multiple store issues. Repair and Maintenance, Loss Prevention issues including alarm issues and requests for a variety of things, Finance issues including inventory control and auditing matters, Operational issues and requests, overall it is extremely useful and we are expanding its use all the time. One of the nicest features for store associate use is that it is very user friendly, you don't need to be 'techy' to understand it. Creating new service request are made simple by the use of drop down boxes which are self explanatory and the system just leads the user to the next screen... we are very pleased with this tool and will continue using it as we grow.

Cons: There have been a number of upgrades of late, which in itself is good, but often causes the system to run slow... there are new 'bugs' that develop as a result of upgrades which do eventually get resolved.

Reliable, User Friendly, Worth it

Reviewed on 2/07/2018
Katie W.
Account Admin
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Fast processing and excellent organization.

Pros: I love almost everything about SC. It starts with how easy the software is to use. I am on it daily whether it is accepting calls for billing out. In their WO Reports section you can look up all calls that have not been accepted, opened, in progress and complete. SC has an app that allows you to check into business using GPS, for some customers you may need to dial a phone number using a store phone but that is easy! I love that you can submit proposals immediately and the notes section provides a perfect spot to communicate with the customer. As a vendor, communication is key, especially when working in high energy, loud, or busy environments.

Cons: The only thing I don't love is when you reject a call it stays in your open section of the WO reports. I wish they would have a reject section- they may I just have not come across it.

You need to work on quotes, reporting, and integrations

Reviewed on 16/12/2015
Micah D.
Manager of Business Development
Customer Support

Comments: ServiceChannel has been a great software for us to use. Its easy to navigate through the site, to check in/out, and to invoice. Creating our profile has been easy as well and I feel like we are able to be seen by customers in our areas for the trades that we handle. I have concerns around your reporting KPIs. I myself found an issue with your system messing up the different time zones and we were getting dinged for not accepting work orders in a timely manner, when we were.
I have also reached out several times to the customer service team to ask questions about how the data is calcuated, for example, if a work order goes to quote rather than completed, are we graded negatively? Because that doesnt seem fair that I found a bad compressor rather than a contactor.
Your quoting system is easy to use but its not robust enough. I should be able to add multiple lines for equipment and different kinds of repairs and have the quote segmented that way, rather than having to build individual quotes for each option. And lastly, is integration. The process should be MUCH less expensive and far more robust. With the technology age, there should be nothing I cant integrate with in one way or another.

by ServiceChannel on 24/12/2015

We appreciate the positive review and constructive feedback. We value our service provider partners and are committed to provide leading solutions for contractors/suppliers in our industry.

We invite your company to join our Regional Service Provider Committee to discuss how to improve the experience.

In response:
TIMEZONES issues were recently brought to our attention & corrected. The KPIs accurately reflect and account for time zones domestic and global.
SCORECARD is intended to provide transparency and factual information of performance for both service provider and client. Service requests that require a proposal/quote will affect the FIRST time completion KPI only. This KPI was designed with this in mind & will rarely be 100%. QUTOES:Changes are being made to the Proposal/Quote tool to allow you to itemize materials/info to be added/propagated to Invoice.
INTEGRATION:Monthly fee is industry standard, eliminates system redundancy & is proven to be very cost effective.

Rolled out 300+ Retailer locations.

Reviewed on 4/04/2015
Ron M.
Facilities Manager
Overall
3.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Having worked with various systems of this type at 3 different Fortune 500 companies and 2 major contractors, Service Channel is a great introductory CMMS program. It is very simplistic in its approach to creating work orders and is by far the most contractor-friendly for those with limited technical experience or back office support. The initial training support is fantastic! It is one of the most widely used systems today, most likely due to its ease of use. Therefore, there is an abundance of very qualified contractors readily available to support your needs. Once set up, the electronic payment portion is a outstanding benefit. Extremely effective and easy. I appreciate the team\account manager dedicated to our account. They are always available and willing to help. Excellent partnership and extremely responsive.

Cons: Initial setup and continuing changes are a huge opportunity. The templates for uploading are antiquated and require the creation and review of 1000s of line items of data. Most other comparable systems complete the setup for you. This is not the case with Service Channel. If you have a large portfolio, be prepared to spend 100s of hours setting up. Changes are "clunky" and not intuitive. Recently, the customer interface went through an entire change with no warning or training to the customer. 2 months later and we are still trying to work through the changes. This is not an Asset Management software. If you are looking to report on individual equipment asset life, this is not the program for you. If what you need is an electronic dispatching and reporting system, Service Channel is perfect! If you have a large portfolio with multiple providers, the Preventative Maintenance Module is a huge disappointment. It's nearly impossible to correctly load the first time and even more difficult to manage and make changes and corrections. The Android and iOS apps have extremely limited functionality. Again, another huge disappointment for a company supposed to be on the cutting edge.

The Value ServiceChannel Has Brought to Our Company

Reviewed on 13/05/2015
Ken E.
Director of Operations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product is very affordable and provides a broad array of useful tools (e.g. work orders, RFPs, invoicing, vendor management, analytics, etc.). The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. ServiceChannel is very customer-focused vendor who is continuously working with clients to improve the product suite.

Cons: I have a difficult time coming up with an answer for this question. Any product and vendor can be improved (capabilities, service, etc.). However, ServiceChannel is the best vendor I have seen in its efforts to address customer needs, be proactive in technology to surpass customer expectations, continuously improving their products, and delivering on its promises.

User Friendly

Trish D.
Retail, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Over the past 7 years I've been with Tumi, Service Channel has expanded and refined the website and functionality within. On the front end it is a fool proof, easy to use site that requires little to no skill...there is value in that alone, especially when there are all levels of staff using the system. We have also recently expanded Service Channels use within our company with much success. From a managerial standpoint it has been a tool I could not do without.

Pros: Ease of use for the facilities team and for the store team.

Cons: I don't care for the new invoice layout.

Strong end user experience, but with a slightly complicated back end

Reviewed on 5/10/2017
Ryan N.
Reflexis Implementation Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Service Channel was our mode of communicating all site level service/maintenance needs for 2 years until we switched to a different service. From an end user experience, SC allowed a great deal of customization in pulling reports, had a mobile app (that actually worked even better than the parent web based app) and was very functional for daily use in regards to submitting tickets.

Cons: The back end of SC, however, was much more difficult to manage and integrate into a large company. We ultimately switched to software we were already utilizing for other purposes that had service ticket abilities.

Solid Facilities Maintenance management software solution

Tony L.
Facilities Supervisor
3.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The product itself is relatively intuitive and a quick learn. If you're not sure how to do something, figuring it out is usually not too difficult. The reporting capabilities are great. I use a variety of reports out of this system on a regular basis to keep tabs on tickets for over 850 locations. Service Channel is responsive, and in my experience a great partner.

Cons: Service Channel is not exactly very customizable. Scorecarding, for instance, relies on certain metrics that can't be adjusted or changed for specific trades. I'd also like to see the ability to flag a location to be able to alert an individual when the next plumbing or the next electrical ticket is entered. This would be ideal for locations that carry warranties or locations with specific repeat issues.

Great software, features, and network!

Reviewed on 27/03/2017
Bryn M.
Facilities Mgr
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Service channel is fantastic. One of the most stand out features to me has been working directly with their programming team to both suggest improvements and custom spec files so the system works well with our other in house systems. They've got the best reporting capabilities of any similar platform I have seen and a huge network of vendors. They have helped is lower our overall r and m costs as a company.

Pros: Ease of use. Reporting.

Cons: Lack of easy access to advanced training for people within our organization without much coordination.

Mutliple user both as a customer and third party administrator

Reviewed on 20/04/2015
Danny K.
Vice President
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Simple to use, easy to teach. Flexible ability to set up the rules as you wish, generate any type of report you need, ability to make quick changes throughout the process. Using current vendors that you already have relationships with a big plus.

Cons: I am very pleased with this product so not much would I say is what I like least.
Doing third party work with Service Channel leads to different project managers for each customer which is a little tough. Would be easier with the same one but that is about it.

ServiceChannel - JA

Reviewed on 19/01/2019
Javon A.
General Manager
Restaurants, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used ServiceChannel for over 5+ years and I am very happy with the capabilities of the service.

Pros: ServiceChannel makes it easy to view open and completed work orders to keep track with company spending and helps hold accountability to vendors that service our restaurant.

Cons: ServiceChannel could improve the interface of its app to mirror the browser site.

A Promising Application

Chris B.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The ease of use is especially important for both the vendors, as well as the administrative side. The responsiveness of my Account Executive has been incredible. Having come into the administrative side, I immediately began asking for modifications to the way our organization was using the system. This required some programming changes and mapping changes in Service Channel. The patience of the technical team, their responsiveness, and their willingness to help me to revamp our instance of the software is impressive.

Cons: There still is a gap in the flexibility of instance-centric modifications. Either the entire populace of Service Channel users adopt the change regardless of the impact to their use of the system or not, or the changes don't materialize. From the expanding use of the system, I think it behooves Service Channel to tailor the experience on an instance use. I am not as fond of the Fixxbook side of the application. I often find myself wishing for some free-form flexibility for single-use vendors

Easy experience for stores

Joshua P.
Purchasing Analyist
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: What we like most about the system is how easy it is for the stores to use and submit issues. It is important since there are often a lot of employees and not all of them can be trained specifically.

Pros: Easy to use once it is set up.

Cons: Changes to issue lists, trades, and providers can be confusing for someone that does not need to make updates regularly.

ServiceChannel

Reviewed on 23/03/2015
Mindy P.
Retail
Overall
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's user-friendly from the client and vendor side. All client information is readily available and capable of being updated immediately.

Cons: Enhancement requests are difficult to get approved (or never get approved as all clients have to agree to add the enhancement even if it doesn't affect their process).
Not able to working with the ServiceChannel associate directly if there is an issue...you have to go through an A.E. to relay the information to the appropriate SC associate then send the information back to you. This causes a lot of time sending emails, making phones, etc. to explain the issue. Working with the person (people) directly would streamline the process.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 4/05/2018
Jordan C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is the industry standard, pure and simple.

Pros: This produce is easy to use for stores and FMs. Easiest to onboard contractors as well. The implementation is a breeze.

Cons: Some contractors push back on the very small fee per invoice. There is of course some retraining required during implementation.

Service Channel Works for DSW

Reviewed on 20/03/2015
Nicole B.
Senior Store Facilities Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Service Channel allows the client to pull the info, edit info, and use the system without having to rely on an account rep to always do it for you. Having the ability to pull the info yourself and not wait for an account manager to do it for you saves time and allows you to be more involved and catch things you might not have caught. The training for the system was very thorough and helpful to a smooth roll out process. I have also found that this system doesn't run slowly as our previous system did. And getting the automatic emails letting you know that the system is having and issue from ServiceHealth is a very nice feature.

Cons: In our previous system, FMpilot, you were able to click a button and see who was in the ticket, what action they took, and the date time that they were in the ticket. That is valuable info. For example a ticket is sitting in open for 2 weeks and you question them. They say they never got the ticket, but you could check that button and see that the vendor did view it on X date. You then can go to them and say yes, you did get it because the system shows that so-and-so viewed it on X date. That is helpful info that I wish this system had.

Best CMMS Platform out there!

Joel E.
Director of Facilities
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've been using Service Channel for five years now and I don't know how we'd get along without it! It's a very intuitive program and gives us more data in more ways than we could think of on our on.

Pros: Intuitive. Complete. Easy.

Cons: Provides a ton of information. More than we know what to do with.

Not sure what this mean?

Reviewed on 27/03/2017
Klori K.
Director of Operations
Construction, 5,001-10,000 Employees
Customer Support

Comments: Overall great system. Wish it had:
1. Better reporting tool
2. More options on the "Clients" tab in the Fixxbook - such as deactivate a customer or option to refuse customer terms.
3. Modernize the layout - make it easy to read.

Simple to understand and use to invoice customers and contractors alike.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Matt G.
Support Supervisor
Sports, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use and will help to make any team more efficient and organized for all invoicing and work order needed. Definitely helped my team with organization and reminders.

Pros: This was implemented by a large customer of ours to assist with handling invoicing. We have since been able to expedite and work through our payments and invoicing more efficiently than before.

Cons: Wish that searching for existing Work Orders was easier or partial/filtered searches would be nice. Beyond that the flexibility and information provided with each Work Order is helpful.

Nikki's Review

Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Nicole B.
Senior Store Facilities Coordinator
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Service Channel is a much easier and better system than Facility Source which is who DSW used previously. Our account Rep is amazing. She doesn't bother us with unnecessary conference calls or emails and she is always there is help us when we do need her assistance. She is very knowledgeable and isn't afraid to tell us she doesn't have an answer and will get back to us.
My personal experience with Service Channel and mostly positive.

Pros: I am able to update users, add stores, change vendors, change status's etc. I was never able to do that previously and had to rely on our account manager at Facility Source.

Cons: I don't think the Asset Manager Tool is very user friendly. I also have had a few bad experiences with the call center folks not being knowledgeable on how to handle a ticket. There has also been a few times we have had a language barrier.

Absolutely the best FM product on the market

Reviewed on 31/03/2017
Ryan G.
Product Manager
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Their very developer friendly API makes it very easy for us to move data from ServiceChannel to our application.

Cons: We have not experienced any problems with ServiceChannel thus far, all of the API's are well documented and their support engineers are readily accessible.

Using ServiceChannel for 2.5 years, formerly work for competitor

Michael N.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that the SC team and the system are all customer centric. They actively seek feedback from clients and work to implement changes and improvements to better meat the needs of the client through functionality, ease of use, and customized reporting.

Cons: The system sometimes stalls, need to "live" beta test with larger customer samples prior to deploying re-writes and improvements.

Jay from Burlington

Reviewed on 4/04/2015
Jay P.
Director of Facilities
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: System overall reliable and robust. Support team is always available to resolve issues and assist with specific adjustments to meet our needs.

Cons: The latest upgrade is overwhelming, so patience is needed. Overall good to know SC is always looking to improve to our advantage.

Eric Korth Facilities Retail Manager for Cole Haan

Reviewed on 3/11/2016
Eric K.
Retail Facilities Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This product is top notch. I've used other work order platforms in the past and this is the easiest and most effective system. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to switch platforms. The communication is seamless and the customer support is one on one with the same live person every time.

Pros: Two pros really stand out.
Seamless communication between CH and our vendors.
Ease of use.

Cons: There appears to be twitches from time to time. I'll punch in a task # and it will come up invalid. I then punch in the task # again and it retrieves the task. This happens 10-20 times a day.