15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Issuu

Create, remix, and optimize content into embeddable digital flipbooks, creative assets for social and email, mobile stories and more.

Learn more about Issuu

Pros:

I like that Statistics are available. It really helps us gauge interactions and justify the cost.

Issuu ratings

4.6
4.1
4.4
4.1

8.4/10

Issuu has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 147 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Issuu before?

Crystal
Crystal
Online Editor in Canada
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Engaging and Easy to Use

Comments: Overall, I have been quite happy with Issuu.

Pros:

Issuu offers a very simple, easy to use and easy to understand platform which is refreshing. I also appreciate the options to add extra content like articles/stories to increase engagement on different devices.

Cons:

The only problem we have run into with Issuu is the limited update and replace options. Other programs we have used in the past offered the option to replace a single page in the total publication - rather then having to re-upload the entire publication. When we are putting together a 100+ page publication, having to re-upload and re-link the entire thing if we find an issue on a single page can be a bit frustrating.

Public Relations & Communications, 11–50 Employees

Issuu: your library 3.0

Comments: My experience in general is positive, we with our company rely on Issuu, so it is a winning product, especially because it allows you to manage your publications, send private or public viewing links.

Pros:

In case you are (mostly) a business or freelancer with editorial publications you want the digital world to view: no doubt Issuu is the tool for you.The exact feel and sensation of how to flip through a book/magazine is probably its strongest point compared to all competitors: the animation and sound are perfect, so it is really satisfying to flip through, nothing like scrolling through pages on a pdf.

Cons:

Issuu's big weak point is its interface. it is unattractive, fresh, and cool: it has remained too tied to its old versions, so it is nice to scroll through the pages of their published files but not nice to navigate.

Jeroen
Jeroen
Eigenaar in Netherlands
Research, Self Employed

What did not go wrong?

Comments: Never collaborate with them, in order to save a lot of stress.

Pros:

They know very well to get you on board. Until something goes wrong...

Cons:

What did not go wrong? I had a subscription (Premium) for Issuu to share my publications. I had 100 unlisted slots as an extra fee. Suddenly, without noticing, they reduced this to 50 slots. Which means that, if I wanted to replace one of my unlisted slots, I removed one publication (having 99 unlisted slots) but I was not able to upload a new publication. In other words, Issuu changed the terms of my subscription without noticing me. After contacting customer service and asking for a solution (just let me have the 100 unlisted slots), I get a lot of vague answers and explanations. But no solution. My proposal to end the subscription and the return the rest of the money for the rest of the subscription period is not granted. Every time I have a different customer service agent, who does not know the situation. I just warn you: don't subscribe for their services. I would rather suggest to use FlipHTML5. Way cheaper, better service and saves a lot of frustration.

Issuu Response

2 months ago

Hello Jeroen. We are very sorry to hear about the challenges you faced. I can see that one of our support agents was in touch with you, and assisted clarifying the problem that you were experiencing with Unlisted. Once again, we sincerely apologise about the inconveniences. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Rose
Owner / Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

We Couldn't Function without Issuu

Comments: We love Issuu! Not only has this helped us to convert more sales, but it helps our clients display their pricing & other offerings in a way that's really unique, easy to use, and beautiful. There's really no reason NOT to give this company a shot, as they allow you to get started with no strings (or moolah) involved.

Pros:

For the last ten or so years, we've been uploading our magazine designs to Issuu so other creatives can see how our templates look and can be displayed. It's the only site we've found that allows users to flip through a publication like an actual magazine while allowing for clickable links. You can also choose to send over your publication digitally by sending clients your Issuu url, and you can hide your publication from the public, if needed. Without Issuu, we wouldn't have sold thousands and thousands of our magazine templates. Their product was a GAME-CHANGER!

Cons:

Without paying for a premium account, ads will be displayed below your publication. It definitely wasn't a deal-breaker, as we continue to use (and love) the free version of their software. For larger businesses, I'd suggest upgrading so clients have a seamless branding experience across all platforms.

Graduate Apprentice in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Issuu is just what we needed

Comments: In the pandemic climate, digital media is king. We have found great engagement with our ISSUU publications across our website, social media, and email campaigns. ISSUU makes it easy to share our work with anyone and everyone. The price is just right and they truly deliver on what they offer and promise. Utilize this software in anyway you can.

Pros:

We like the digital design and delivery aspects of ISSUU. It is simple and understated, but robust at the same time. The auto recognition of email addresses and web links is a big plus. AND, the fact that we can create stories for social media is a pretty nice advantage over other providers.

Cons:

Sometimes the software could be easier to use. For instance, uploading single pages to replace former pages might be a nice addition. In our line of work, little things change all the time (available degrees, contact persons or numbers, etc). Being able to update those easier would be a game changer.

Amanda
Teacher / Sponsor for Literary Magazine in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for Online Publishing

Pros:

We publish our literary magazine once a year with a print version, and we use Issuu for the online version. I love the way it allows for full-screen viewing and simulates page flipping. We simply export our InDesign files as a pdf and upload to Issuu. It's also a great place to find other literary magazines for inspiration!

Cons:

No complaints. It would be nice to have the ad-free version, but in education the budget is tight, so we really appreciate the free version with ads.

Dorrett
Communications Director in Jamaica
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

ISSUU is an exceptional publishing platform for even the novice

Comments: It is a very good platform that helps me to promote my publication

Pros:

Issuu has a widereach with diverse audience and I am able to tap into that

Cons:

It has removed some basic features from its basic plans

Mark
Editor in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Highly Recommended

Comments: Have used issuu for years for our publication and very satisfied.

Pros:

The ease of use and customization was second to none. We have used this service for all of our digital issues over the years and will continue to.

Cons:

We have not experienced any negative issues with the platform and highly recommend this for all your publication needs.

Bradley
Bradley
Associate professor in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Issuu sets the standard

Comments: I teach to a great variety of audiences. It's nice to know they can find my course materials easily. And once they find me, they can find all my materials in a convenient and easy-to-use form.

Pros:

The creation of the PDF format was a leap forward. Without ways to share and view PDF files, the move toward a "paperless society" was problematic at best. Issuu helped users solve that problem. With Issuu, we can upload files and share links with many users via email or social media. The interface is clean and easy to use with enough customizability to make it look clean almost anywhere.

Cons:

The one feature I miss in the free version is the ability to embed my PDF files on my websites. This is a rather basic function. I know the company has to make money and this is a feature that is worth paying for. It just hurts that it was free.

Chair of board in US
Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Indispensable publishing tool

Pros:

Works very reliably. Clean interface. Has become the standard.

Cons:

Need a button on purchase page for nonprofit publications. (Live chat worked well, but could avoid getting to that.)

Theresa
Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Great product, but free gets you practically nothing

Pros:

Interface is good. Everything is easy to navigate. Uploading publications is quick and easy. Detailed statistical breakdowns make it easy to see where content is being viewed and how often. If you're willing to pay for it, Issuu offers lot of features. I'm sure there are other Pros to Issue, but I will not be paying for an upgraded plan to discover them.

Cons:

You keep taking away features from the free version. At this point, I'm just using Issuu for the online reader. It's very disappointing that I can't even embed a basic reader anymore. That was a great feature which I used on my portfolio sites, but I will not pay for it. For the minimal amount of time I use Issuu, I cannot rationalize spending a minimum of $19/month. Would be nice if you could re-arrange the publications you add to a Stack, instead of it organizing based on add date.

Ana
Architectural designer in US
Architecture & Planning, 51–200 Employees

Easy tool for sharing visual documents

Comments: Overall I have recommended to many people and used it for years and will continue to use it for professional visual based document sharing for professional situations

Pros:

This is an easy to use tool for uploading and sharing anything from resumes and sample work, to presentations, that may be difficult to share via email. It is professional in appearance and easy to switch out or update documents if needed.

Cons:

I have only used the free version and feel anything that is lacking is because I haven’t purchased the upgrade to access additional editing or enhancing capabilities. I will say sometimes it glitches out on me but I just refresh and try again

CEO in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

what do i think about issue

Comments: great

Pros:

I got help right away when it came to dealing with issue, and the functions of it

Cons:

If you in a rush you will not like it ,it assume

Kevin
Editorial Director in US
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Issuu was a life-saver

Pros:

We've used Issuu for at least five years. No one compares to it at all. It's allowed us to take our print newspaper and offer an e-Newspaper for those who love to still read us, but who are out of the area. Truly, it's been a game changer for us — and I believe it's something every newspaper should use.

Cons:

The pricing is borderline prohibitive — and I wish more features would be available for starter subs.

Deirdre
Teacher in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Help out the Teacher

Comments: I've had a frustrating time combining two accounts . I'm disillusioned by how much it costs public school to utilize Issuu for their print production, but I know no other company that does this. It really is an amazing product.

Pros:

It allows us to put our print newspaper online our online news site

Cons:

It used to be free and it was wonderful. Now it costs us money we do not have

Jackie
Art Director in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Mills Publishing Sports

Comments: We are glad we can offer our clients a digital platform. Issuu has helped us move into this arena.

Pros:

The ability to share the link with our colleagues, especially this year. So they are able to email, put on their fan page, or use a QR code for fans to check out the game day publication. Also the ability to get statics.

Cons:

None that I can think of. We have been using this over 5+ years and have been successful using this platform.

Susan
Graphic Design in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Great Resource. Period.

Comments: My primary use of Issuu was to upload publications for viewing, linking, and embedding on a website. All of this functions worked great and integrated with our site seamlessly.

Pros:

I love how easy Issuu is to use. When you think about the end product it delivers, it's totally amazing.

Cons:

I don't have any negative thoughts about this application. I am planning to use it more in the coming year, so that may change :)

Veronica
consultant in US
Retail, Self Employed

Easy to use

Comments: I am able to easily share my company's catalog with customer.

Pros:

I love the ease of uploading my company's catalog; and how easy it is to share the URL for it with my customers.

Cons:

For the free version, which I use, I can't think of any downsides. there are other features listed that might be useful, but I would have to pay for them.

Katherine
Senior Consultant in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Best catalog sharing software

Comments: It reduces costs of business by virtually sharing. Plus it saves time, postage, and business supplies ~ envelopes, labels, etc.
We are in a virtual world and THIS is the perfect fit!

Pros:

I can send my catalog through social media to customers & prospects easily. I can even share on my platforms

Cons:

None i love using it. Easy. Safe. Shareable

Jully
Avaliação in Brazil
Information Services, Self Employed

Issuu is more than a tool for reading

Comments: Great, I`ve been using in the app for over 5 years and I 've always liked the features offered

Pros:

It os available as an app and website, has several gentes for Reading and studying and ins free.

Cons:

Not having much content in. The portuguese language

Ron
owner in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Great Publishing Platform!

Comments: I need a short run, high quality printed product for direct marketing to a very targeted upscale audience. Issuu works for me.

Pros:

The platform is easy to use. I especially like the printing and sharing options.

Cons:

No major cons. Everything works as expected.

Kelly
Independent Director in US
Retail, Self Employed

Easy and affordable

Pros:

I use ISSUU to provide an online option for my clients to view my materials. It’s especially handy in these times where everything is now virtual.

Cons:

For my needs there are no downsides to ISSUU

Owner/Creative Director in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

Comments: Being able to simply upload a pdf and have my publication display in a magazine format is amazing.

Pros:

The ease of Issuu is the most important factor.

Cons:

I absolutely found no cons with the software.

CRYSTAL
VP of Professional Development in US
Real Estate, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great Product & easy to use

Comments: It has been great for our company. We upload photos of properties, with all the home info and the agents details so they can share on their socials.

Pros:

I love that it's so easy to create an digital catalog to share on your social channels. I also like that it has some analytics, that is great to show your sellers.

Cons:

I would like to be able to group my publications, by season, or year, or office. I would also li8ke to be able to create my own layout, add logos and text on pages, etc.

Anna
English & Journalism teacher in US
E-Learning, 201–500 Employees

Review of Issuu

Comments: very positive. We are able to archive the student-led newspaper and submit the newspaper to journalism contests through issuu. The students love how polished their work looks and they LOVE the page flips.

Pros:

While I used to find this software challenging to use, over time the instructions and success of posting have significantly improved.

Cons:

I think that I am able to use a lot for no fee which is great for publishing student work. I have no complaints.