Shopify POS Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Showing 25 reviews of 71

Kaden B.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2019

"Revolutionized My Business"

Comments: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros: I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons: I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Kelly M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/12/2020

"Not a fan of the app update"

Comments: The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros: Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons: I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

• Reviewed on 2/12/2020
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"Easy to use. Powerful."

Comments: It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros: Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons: I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Jessica C.
manager
  • Reviewed on 4/06/2018

"love centralizing my POS and website together!"

Comments: got us more sales!~

Pros: I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Cons: I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

• Reviewed on 4/06/2018
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Fantastic POS Software"

Pros: I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons: This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Lorie T.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"4 year user"

Comments: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros: Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons: Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
National Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify."

Comments: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros: Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons: Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Michael S.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Works Great"

Pros: Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Matthew L.
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2017

"Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware"

Pros: Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons: Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

• Reviewed on 5/10/2017
Josh M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Reciew"

Pros: I love being able to see how my company has done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons: Some of the features are hard for my workers to access and use without my help

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Founder and President
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2020

"Great System for Your Sales"

Comments: We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros: Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons: There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2020
IT MANAGEMENT AND CIBERSECURITY
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"easy integration"

Comments: you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros: at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons: they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Warren T.
Technology Adviser
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/08/2019

"Great integration with Shopify"

Pros: Unsurprisingly, Shopify POS works really well with Shopify! Made it really easy for us to decide, plus it is good value for money for all the features that we needed. Customer service was also very responsive to our needs.

Cons: Can't think of much here, except for some enterprise-grade features that we won't need at this stage of our business anyway.

• Reviewed on 8/08/2019
Alistair T.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2017

"Fantastic!"

Pros: Syncs perfectly with your online store to keep track of inventory. Super lightweight and easy to use!

Cons: If you have your store set-up in a confusing manner, it can take a bit of time to get this perfect, but not hard.

• Reviewed on 7/06/2017
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Love Shopify, The POS could be improved."

Comments: Overall its good, does the job well. It has some quirks that can be fixed.

Pros: Its easy to draft orders and get payments in real life. It connects seamlessly with your online store. It included a free card reader.

Cons: If you have a large amount of SKUs it takes awhile for the search to load anything. Sometimes when you type in an item it brings up something totally unrelated...

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Great software"

Pros: I decided to sell shirts with my name on them and Shopify was recommended to me by a friends. It was so easy to use, I was able to create an online store and sell my first shirt within a day. I couldn’t be happier. I uploaded with ease, collected funds and contact with my fans

Cons: I don’t have any cons with the software. It worked so fast and easy.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2018

"Easy way to process cards for your store on your phone"

Comments: Simplistic credit card processing housed in the same place as my ecommerce transactions. Makes it easier to sync and reconcile transactions

Pros: Super simple to use and records it right to your online store. can use your inventory right there as well.

Cons: I wish there was a desktop version as well. Also a way to manage more then one store without logging in and out every time.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2018
Maeva C.
Marketing Assistant
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Plenty of features"

Pros: The platform is very easy to customize with plenty of additional plug-ins to adapt it to the type of business you have and offer. The additional features are fairly easy to use.

Cons: I wish Shopify itself offered more features rather than relying on plug-ins so much

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Eric L.
landscaper
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"make your shop here"

Pros: Easy & quick to set up a shop, takes a little time looking through products but worth it

Cons: Taking a bit long to find products to sell in my shop, but should be woth it

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Lidia C.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Great Option for Our Business"

Pros: Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons: The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Lincey V.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2019

"Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs"

Comments: I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros: Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons: Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2019
Stephanie M.
Inventory Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items"

Pros: When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons: While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Patent Draftsman
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2017

"Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception."

Comments: It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros: VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons: If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2017
Scotty H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2019

"Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen"

Comments: My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros: What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons: The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Jessi O.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Satisfied"

Pros: It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

Cons: We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019