• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Daniel F.
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2017

"I can do the same on Square for FREE"

Pros: Integrates with my Shopify Store (Something Square Cant), great for inventory across online offline, integrates with Epson printers.

Cons: PRICE, Shopify POS is expensive and does not require the price tag when compared to the competition. IT has an app store but those apps addon more price to the monthly fees. Also, the Shopify POS's payment terminal doesn't support TAP which is pretty bad. Switched to Square and never going back.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2017
Tom O.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Open a store or a booth at a trade show, no problem!"

Comments: I could say about the software is that it needs an internet connection to function. That can be a problem if you're working a booth at an exhibition or show where the wifi or cell service is spotty. Granted, there has to be some way to transmit credit card information to get it approved, but it still is a trouble that the shop keeper has to manage.

Pros: Shopify's POS app is stupid simple to use. It takes payments on the fly and seamlessly integrates with the online store. It sets up in seconds and works on a moment's notice. Using it for day-to-day business or trade shows, the POS software is extremely nimble fits your every selling need.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018
Jonathan K.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/10/2018

"Needs some work to become a full featured POS system"

Pros: Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Cons: Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

• Reviewed on 21/10/2018
Marketing Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/03/2019

"Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence"

Pros: I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons: I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

• Reviewed on 2/03/2019
Technical Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Best Way to Become an Online Seller"

Comments: We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros: Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons: I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Laurie G.
Head of Marketing
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/02/2019

"Perfect for a Single-Till Business"

Comments: We needed a Point of Sale system that tied in with our web-store, Shopify was perfect for both. The PoS app makes it easy to handle sales out on the shop floor too.

Pros: The ease of finding products within the graphic front-end, including the product images to make identifying niche products easier for staff within great industry knowledge.

Cons: The product set-up can be quite timely without a built in bulk-image management platform.

• Reviewed on 4/02/2019
Mark B.
Realtor Team Leader / Co-Owner"The Marks of Excellence" Team
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2018

"Perfect for vendors"

Pros: This is a very simple easy to use integration. The free card reader and chip reader is a huge plus!

Cons: There is actually nothing we do not like about this product! Does exactly what we need it to do!

• Reviewed on 5/12/2018
Iana L.
content analyst
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2020

"Amazing platform to buy and sell things"

Comments: My overall experience with Shopify POS is a good one

Pros: I love this software because it's a great way to sell staff you have and make this process easy and smooth due to this platform.

Cons: I'd prefer more affordable price and a better layout that's user friendly and time saving, other than that there is nothing I would change.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2020
Tracey B.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Great for shows"

Comments: Shopify POS has been a game changer for selling products on the go. Love it!

Pros: This app is perfect for having a booth at a show so that you can sell the inventory you have or even take orders and it all goes through your Shopify store that way your sales are still tracked there.

Cons: I’ve been so pleased with this app that it’s difficult to think of a con.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Shannon B.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2018

"Perfect for vendors"

Pros: We use this service to link to our shopify store at craft shows and vendor events. We have NEVER had an issue with the product! Plus, they give you a FREE chip reader with the shopify subscription. SO MUCH BETTER THAN PAYPAL!

Cons: NOTHING! Product is PERFECT just as it is. I cannot find anything negative to say

• Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Paul B.
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"Seamless way to integrate pop up store with website"

Pros: This has allowed me to sell my inventory offline, you can even take payments.

Cons: The android app seemed to use my phone battery quite quickly.

Randy L.
Environmental Engineer
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Good but confusing"

Comments: I used this program to try e commerce. It was very simple to navigate

Pros: I like how you can use this program to help you sell your online products. It should be simple, however because I was not able to sell my product, I could not unlock it's full potential

Cons: The program itself does not have any bad features. I was just not able to sell my products. Monitoring my products were simple thanks to this app.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Kaden B.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2019

"Revolutionized My Business"

Comments: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros: I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons: I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Reviewed on 21/09/2019
Maile U.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2021

"Mostly good"

Comments: Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

Pros: The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

Cons: It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

• Reviewed on 9/02/2021
Kelly M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/12/2020

"Not a fan of the app update"

Comments: The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros: Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons: I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

• Reviewed on 2/12/2020
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"Easy to use. Powerful."

Comments: It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros: Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons: I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Jessica C.
manager
  • Reviewed on 4/06/2018

"love centralizing my POS and website together!"

Comments: got us more sales!~

Pros: I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Cons: I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

• Reviewed on 4/06/2018
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Fantastic POS Software"

Pros: I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons: This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Lorie T.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"4 year user"

Comments: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros: Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons: Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
National Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify."

Comments: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros: Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons: Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Michael S.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2017

"Works Great"

Pros: Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2017
Matthew L.
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2017

"Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware"

Pros: Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons: Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

• Reviewed on 5/10/2017
Josh M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

"Reciew"

Pros: I love being able to see how my company has done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons: Some of the features are hard for my workers to access and use without my help

Founder and President
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2020

"Great System for Your Sales"

Comments: We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros: Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons: There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2020
IT MANAGEMENT AND CIBERSECURITY
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"easy integration"

Comments: you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros: at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons: they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020