15 years helping New Zealand businesses

4.6 (241) Write a Review! New Zealand Local product

About Carepatron

The Healthcare OS that lets you work, your way

Learn more about Carepatron

Pros:

What I like most about about Carepatron is that it’s basically an all-in-one platform. In other words, you don’t have to integrate or identify other platforms to be used alongside.

Cons:

Have had some trouble getting the app on my phone, and the price can be pricey if you are a small place like us without lots of money.

Carepatron ratings

4.6
4.7
4.4
4.7

8.4/10

Carepatron has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 241 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Carepatron before?

Shermelia
Shermelia
LPCA and LCDC in US

Sturdy App

5.0 last month New

Comments: It gets the job done by having the basics you need to run a successful practice.

Pros:

I like that it has all of the requirements I need.

Cons:

It’s in the building stages so it doesn’t have everything in the forms like a treatment planner.

Rachael
Dietitian in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Amazing platform that is easy to use, has advanced customization features, and is affordable!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am very happy with my overall experience with Carepatron and especially the customer support I received when needing to troubleshoot a couple of minor issues with charting/notes not saving. The team was very quick to respond and remedy these issues, and no issues have ever come up since. This is a platform I will continue using as it is an affordable option with advanced features.

Pros:

As a new practitioner starting an online practice, most EMRs cost quite a lot, which is not feasible for new practices just starting out. Carepatron is an alternative that removes this barrier while allowing for customization and ease of use. New features are continuously being added to allow for a more seamless experience for both myself as a practitioner/user and clients.

Cons:

Nothing yet! When I first started using Carepatron, it was newer and more limited in features having some limitations to other options like Jane. However, since then, many advanced features have been built into Carepatron and utilization of these features is seamless. Now any feature I need is available when I need.

Regina
Program Specialist in US
Civic & Social Organisation, 51–200 Employees

Trial User

3.0 last month New

Pros:

It gave me quick information, That i was able to use

Cons:

Price. My company wont cover the cost with it being high

Stephen
Stephen
CEO in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

MY UNBIASED REVIEW OF CAREPATRON

Comments: Completely Satisfactory and i would sign up again

Pros:

Everything about it is to love they dont make a lot of mistakes to make u not like it

Cons:

That sometimes u cant reach a live prso. When u call

Leah
PR and Funeral Assistant in Australia
Civic & Social Organisation, 2–10 Employees

Hands down, Brilliant

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am impressed with what is accessible on the free plan. A great starter platform to start with, to become confident before committing bigger dollars for all the features or bigger teams.

Pros:

Carepatron is an easy to use, all inclusive platform for client and staff appointment management, and I have tested a few. For what is available, at little to no cost provides a great starting platform for the newer and smaller organisations to get a start.

Cons:

My only challenge is not being able to 'see' an email sent history anywhere. However, this is changing, and gmail can be synched. I don't use gmail for business purposes.

Sarah
Clinical Associate Psychologist in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Thoughts on Carepatron

4.0 last month New

Comments: It has been easy to set up. However, some clients and staff have struggled in setting up their profiles.
Whenever I have had a problem, Carepatron have been relatively quick to support me.
Being able to book in appointments, send invoices and take payments as well as keep up to date records is very useful for my business and Carepatron have been able to provide this to me (mostly)

Pros:

It was relatively simple to set up for myself

Cons:

It is not as easy for others to set up and become a part of the team. I also cannot see what team members are up to in the diary which I thought I would be able to have oversight of the whole team.

Valannda
Licensed Professional Counselor in US

Great platform

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love the ease of use. The community resource function that's built into the EHR is my favorite feature.

Cons:

There are limitations to data transfers.

Gordon
Not applicable in US
Alternative Medicine, 11–50 Employees

Very positive first impression

5.0 yesterday New

Pros:

My experience with Carepatron has been very limited so far, but I was immediately impressed with the simple, clear logic of the web layout and ease of navigation on the site. I'm a web software developer, very well aware that what appears "simple" to the user can be the end result of great effort put into design, development and testing. It certainly looks like Carepatron's creators have done their homework!

Cons:

Limited exposure. Have not noticed any negatives so far.

Kelly
Licensed Mental Health Counselor in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Helpful resource for document library

4.0 yesterday New

Comments: I have enjoyed being able to get to know what all Carepatron has to offer on the free starter plan, especially as a solo practitioner. Right now I probably will only use it for the templates, but I would highly consider changing EHRs in the future depending on my practice's circumstances.

Pros:

I really like the customizable templates with the many different options for fillables (checkbox, text box, radio buttons, etc) and electronic signature. I have been able to create templates for practice documents that make my solo practice look professional to doctors offices, schools, etc. I haven't made the switch from TherapyNotes to Carepatron for my EHR, but I like that if I wanted to do so, it would be a seamless process to import based on the tutorial I viewed.

Cons:

The primary thing that is cumbersome so far, and part of why I haven't made a decision to switch from my other EHR, is that I haven't figured out how/whether Carepatron handles medical billing/insurance payments. That could be because I'm on the free starter plan and it is part of one of the paid plans. Occasionally the templates can be a bit of a mess to edit if you're customizing someone else's from the template search.

Daniel
Daniel
Psychologist in New Zealand
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Glad I found Carepatron

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The most liked features of Carepatron include its user-friendly interface, comprehensive patient management tools, and efficient appointment scheduling capabilities.

Cons:

Carepatron can be less intuitive and might have occasional issues with system glitches or slow performance.

Virginia
Clinical Director in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great Option!

Comments: We have sought customer service for various questions over the year and their response and time is superb. You always feel like you are being taken care of.

Pros:

I love the unfussy appearance and ease of use. Everything is there, but uncluttered. It has the feel of minimalism but with capabilities good for any individual or group practice.

Cons:

Lack of connection to Insurance clearinghouse... we need that for at least some of our team members.

Stephanie
Therapist in US

Excellent Mental Health EHR

Pros:

Ease of use and accessibility, not complicated, efficient self-explanatory

Cons:

Doesn't have various payment options or providers and currently does not have insurance billing option. Also the intake paperwork or documents send to clients could be a little more seamless.

Mia
Owner and Clinician in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: In general, I like carepatron I would like it if it was less expensive, and did not drop meetings

Pros:

The care patron platform is very easy for both clients and clinicians to use.

Cons:

It could be less expensive as well as at times the connection seems to drop or there is a delay in service

Kristen
Psychotherapist, LCSW in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Affordable and friendly service; some clunky features

Comments: This has been a great product for a new private practice owner looking to save money while growing her caseload!

Pros:

I love the subscription price and options--you get up to 1 GB of storage free! I also love Carepatron's integration with google calendar and zoom, and the ease of billing.

Cons:

There are a few things I do not like about Carepatron. 1) It doesn't allow the same contact info for multiple clients, which is frustrating when I work with siblings! BUT, it requires that email and phone numbers are on file. To get around this, I have sometimes had to use my own phone/email info. This is obnoxious though, because then the automated appointment reminders get sent to me instead of the client. So it basically means that automated reminders don't work for these clients. 2) Carepatron also often initially blocks the use of cards under a different name than the client's. This is annoying because I work with lots of kids and the cards are usually under the parent's name(s). 3) Clients can't go in and change their card info--I have to send them an invoice via email, at which point they're able to enter new card info. 4) Often with FSA or HSA cards, clients add their card information but it doesn't save properly. I have had to work around this by sending them an invoice via email to pay and add their card info. All of the above annoyances felt kind of embarrassing, especially when I was having clients reenter card information multiple times. When I reached out for support on these issues, nothing was changed but I was recommended clunky workarounds.In addition, some of the features are clunky--i.e. the appointment scheduling, the intake sending, and using the templates. I don't like being unable to see/customize appointment reminders, and intake.

Craig
Counsellor in New Zealand
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

A must have for all Counsellors

Comments: Working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team has been truly a great experience. Carepatron has given me such flexibility in working with clients and when Ive managed to get stuck or have questions the team have always responded quickly. I have certainly appreciate their support!

Pros:

It brought together under one roof many manual tasks that as the private practice grew began to take more and more time. I would store digital client notes in a software package that resided on one computer so would make notes, during the day then at the end type these notes into the software. Carepatron however I can write notes as I go, make another appointment and invoice the client at the end of each session with the client. It really has made a massive difference in working with client as well as growing my practice

Cons:

Rather than dislike, more of a wish list would be the ability to colour code appointment times for a variety of personal reasons, and ability to add and edit already created documents that could be added to the templates section and lastly ability to reconcile client payments within the system when being payed via internet banking

last year

Thanks Criag, We appreciate your fantastic review! We thoroughly enjoy supporting you and your clients ����

Jennifer
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Underrated and perfect for therapists starting out

Pros:

Has all you need to start and run a simple practice in one place while compliant to privacy standards/laws. This includes: digitally signed consent forms, client portal, in built telehealth video calling, appointment calendar, invoicing and payments system, client records, customisable templates, invoice/appointment reminders... It sounds like a lot but it's actually pretty much one click or automatic. Once you have created the appointment on your calendar, there is no need to manually send a text reminder or send an appointment time. There is no need to edit an invoice for every session because it autofills from your appointment calendar. Huge time and mental space saved when everything takes at most a minute. Perfect for starting therapists - no set up costs and you could effectively stay on the free plan forever. Friendly and helpful customer support on a messenger system. It has so many features that you would normally have to pay to get in separate platforms, but here it is integrated and you can use for free or for a very reasonable cost. I did a lot of research on therapy practice software lists and honestly can say this platform should be on the radar of many more therapists

Cons:

There are already templates of psychometrics that I can quickly fill in and save, but as of now I am not yet able to send forms for clients to complete in the client portal. I am told this feature is being worked on and to come soon. The inbuilt document editor can be a tiny bit slow at times - for a computer nerd like me I have found that I prefer to do my more comprehensive notes on a normal word document program (especially since I like the form fields on more advanced editors and had made my own templates on Word before discovering Carepatron) and copy paste across and then adjust some of the paragraph spacing.

2 years ago

Thanks Jennifer, we appreciate your review and feedback : )

Louise
LMSW in US

A few complications

Comments: The way I have been using the platform to date, my experience is good with what I am able to use. I like it so much I am trying to convince a couple other people to join me.

Pros:

If I can use the platform the way it is intended, it has a calendar, my client list, great place for billing/invoicing, sending notes to my clients, creating my own forms. It has everything other programs do not have. Using this program, I do not need to have a zillion windows open incorporating information into other programs. I am really satisfied with what I can do at Carepatron. With regard to the video session, they are perfect. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons:

Carepatron needs a well written guide where I can go look up what I need. Like a help aid guide. Also, the guide needs to include step by step how to set stuff up for newbies.Q&A would be niceI have to admit I feel very frustrated when there is a problem. Lets say (this happened today) my patient says their password is not working? Hmm what would be the answer to that , pull up my guide oh could be this or that or a zillion things. I can walk my patient through it. I don't want my patients to feel frustrated that they are having a problem and now I can't help them. I don't know enough about what their experience is when they log in , what their page looks like etc.

last year

Thanks Louise; we thoroughly enjoy having you part of our practitioner community and your feedback and ideas on how to make carepatron better ����

Amy
Amy
Psychologist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Too good to be true: Effective and Affordable EHR with Unparalleled Customer Support

Comments: Excellent experience. I was searching for an EHR suitable for a solo practitioner in the mental health space. I did a ton of research and test-drove at least 15 EHRs. Carepatron was the obvious choice based on personalized onboarding and customer support, features, and ease of use.

Pros:

The top feature is the customer support - phenomenal response time, and care is taken to provide custom answers. The level of HIPAA compliance is excellent and allows me to feel secure in note-taking. I appreciate the modifiable fields and the ease of use. It is an entire EHR that continues to improve and upgrade.

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like about the software. There are features that I would like to use that are being developed. Once implemented my ability to streamline my practice and communicate directly and effectively with my patients will be at 100%

Missy
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Easy to use all-in-one patient management system

Comments: I love working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team - I always get great customer support and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team always open for feedback and continuously improving Carepatron to be more user friendly both for clinicians and the clients

Pros:

Carepatron is an easy to use all-in-one patient management system that has made my private practice easy and less stressful. I love that I can schedule appointment, set automatic appointment reminders, have my clinical notes, and invoice all in one software.

Cons:

There are some features that I would like to see to make Carepatron even more awesome - 1) online scheduling for clients (I know they are working on this), 2) An all in one system where I can see upcoming appointments for a particular client, 3) Two factor authentication to make the platform more secure

Nicola
Counsellor in New Zealand
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Essential tool for private practice

Pros:

All of the features on this platform are easy to set up, use and are essential to my business. Clients are able to schedule their own appointments which update my calendar. I am able to easily create documents and templates and manage my time more effectively. Customer support have excellent communication and are available to help with any issues and do this very quickly.

Cons:

Although I can create invoices, I do not use this feature as I currently use another platform that allows me to create invoices, receive payments and pay any taxes. If this was added to Carepatron, it would be the only platform I would need for all aspects of my business.

Clare

Smooth and seamless software

Comments: Generally Carepatron has made business run more smoothly and has saved me valuable time.

Pros:

I like the one stop shop approach where I can do all my tasks in one app. And the app is reliable and very user-friendly.

Cons:

It can be difficult to type notes whilst using the video. Also the video doesn't allow screen sharing, like zoom.

last year

Hey Clare, We appreciate your feedback and all of your input over the last 12 months. PS: We are working on a updated notes tool now which you will be able to use while on video ����

Nadia
Occupational Therapist in Barbados
Medical Practice, Self Employed

You get what you pay for

Comments: It has been beneficial having a free system to manage my caseload, schedule sessions with many different services offered, and have automatic reminders. The app and iPad functionality are less than desirable.

Pros:

Having the system be free up to a certain storage is really welcomed for young small businesses.

Cons:

As a paperless mobile practitioner I use my iPad for notes and this has been the biggest deterrent for using the system. The app does not do writing to text conversion very smoothly and you have to write very slow. Additionally app cannot be used offline.

Omonoh
Omonoh
Licensed Mental Health Counselor in US

Great Service!

Pros:

I really like how easy care patron is to use for the practitioner as well as the client coming into the practice. It has a lot of functionality and user friendliness and that’s what is really great about it.

Cons:

The main thing that I don’t like about care, patron is how it’s difficult for my client to see when they next have appointments because then it does cause some issue and lateness were cancellations.

Missy
Mental Health Counselor in US

Simple & Great Customer Service

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased with Care patron. When I had an issue, one of the cofounders scheduled a call with me personally! It doesn’t get much better than that! I think Care patron is one to watch.

Pros:

It is incredibly easy to use! You can create all of your own documents or copy from others. The billing is easy to set up. I use Stripe and have had zero issues. I currently only collect cash though.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to drop the patient’s name into notes and the date of service. Everything you put in is quite manual. I also wish that there was a patient portal where they could securely message you and you could message them.

last year

Thanks Missy. We appreciate your time and feedback! We are expecting to release an update to the note tool soon to make it easier to capture your client names and date of service ����

Shelia
Medical assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Best medical practice software

Comments: It’s saved me so much time. It’s so easy to learn and use. All I do is scan all the patients paperwork into the system and it goes straight into their file. I also have schedule reminders, patient portals, billing, claims management, and reports

Pros:

I absolutely love Capterra medical software

Cons:

I absolutely love everything about Carepatron medical software.