New Zealand Local product

TimeCloud Time and Attendance Reviews

About TimeCloud Time and Attendance

Timecloud is a powerful all-in-one workforce management solution. Easily track timesheets, roster staff, cost jobs and automate payroll

Learn more about TimeCloud Time and Attendance

Pros:

Reports and integration with Xero. These 2 features get my life so much easier.

Cons:

It doesn't make my coffee. Seriously though I cant think of anything.

TimeCloud Time and Attendance ratings

4.5
4.7
4.3
4.4

8.5/10

TimeCloud Time and Attendance has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 40 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used TimeCloud Time and Attendance before?

Roger S.
Roger S.
Sales Manager in Australia
Furniture, 2-10 Employees

Time Cloud - Acacia Furniture

5 7 months ago

Comments: Been excellent for us. I recommend it to everyone I talk to when discussing this area in a business.

Pros:

We are a family business that has been operating since 1981. Our business didn't have any forms of data collection for about 25 years. Time cloud has allowed up to report on all the activities that are happening in the business, eg machinery maintenance, goods received, jobs. This has allowed us to create a report on how many hours we are spending on non-billable activities vs how many hours we are adding value. The program gives us a host of options for reporting and it very easy to use.

Cons:

I would love to see further updates done to the expected costs feature. For example an area where freight costs and material costs could be put in. That way it would lead to a report that could give you all the expected costs of a job + the labour cost and then maybe even add in an invoice amount which in turn leads to a GP amount + GP percentage for each job.

Administrator in New Zealand

Perfect for our company!

5 10 months ago

Comments: Overall, we've had a great experience with Timecloud. I have recommended it to my peers in the industry and would encourage considering software in this space to seriously consider Timecloud. Great work!

Pros:

It was super easy to implement and has made time tracking a breeze. For a company that manages so many projects, we really needed a comprehensive solution to eliminate the need for multiple other software subscriptions AND save a lot in the process. We couldn't be happier!

Cons:

It's a smaller company, so the software is not as 'slick' as some other big players out there, but the functionality is incredible, and so well suited to (I'm sure) many other businesses that would usually opt for a bigger provider.

Phillipa D.
HR in New Zealand

user review

3 2 years ago

Comments: took a while to iron out the kinks, for more complex payroll and multi site setup the user ( client ) would benefit from a hand on set up and training.
Prior to the set up a questionaire to the client regarding the setup requirements and type of work they do shifts etc to enable the set up to be smoother.

Pros:

simple to set up and use and at price point for our use - scanners looked robust for our manufacturing environment

Cons:

functionality of shifts and public holidays for a 24/7 rotating shift organisation Reporting for labour costing and payroll checking needs to be better, reporting tools need to be able to be uploaded or in excel format for sorting etc. Reporting function by division, shift or name Reporting function by site

Nick B.
Nick B.
Business Finance Manager in New Zealand
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Good solution for Biometric time recording

4 9 months ago

Comments: Okay experience. Has taken a lot of invested time to understand the system and get it implemented - Months when we thought it might be weeks, but now at a point where its working relatively smoothly. Too early to tell if we are making savings (compared to old system of employee input timesheets), but that wasn't the big intention for us. We wanted something that make our overall processes easier (for employees, reviewers and payroll), and early indications are this is a bit easier. Their support team has been great through the process.

Pros:

Does what it says on the packet - Records in and out time for employees. Gives us confidence we are correctly paying our staff.

Cons:

Would like CSV outputs to be a lot cleaner than they are for external analysis. The Palm / Fingerprint scanner is good, but not great. 1 or 2 times a week we are getting someone's time entry recorded against someone else (perhaps 0.5% of entries). Lots of tiny little bugs that can add up. But on the flipside the support team is easy to get in touch with and quick to get things sorted.

Alternatives Considered: TIMEDOCK

Reasons for Switching to TimeCloud Time and Attendance: Biometric scanning features which TImeDock didn't have.

Jody M.
Finance and Admin Manager in New Zealand
Fishery, 11-50 Employees

Easiest Software to use

5 2 years ago

Comments: My overall experience has been awesome. great customer service, help was always at the end of an email for phone and you never have to wait for hours waiting to be answered.

Pros:

This software is very easy to understand and navigate even for people that's aren't that computer literate.

Cons:

Haven't came across anything I don't like yet.

Alternatives Considered: CBS

Reasons for Switching to TimeCloud Time and Attendance: The handling of my queries, the price and the expertise about thumbprint versus palm print and the best to use. Time cloud never sold me something that I didn't need. Very thorough introduction.

Shirani W.
Administrator in New Zealand
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

Time and Attendance Management

5 8 months ago

Comments: TimeCloud assists in keeping an accurate time of staff clocking in and out. Invariably their time sheets are different but able to pay accurately due to the times captured by TimeCloud Attendance.

Pros:

The business already had a version of TimeCloud and had to be upgraded with new hardware. Installation and reprogramming was efficient.

Cons:

If s staff member clocks in at 07.30 am and leaves for the day at 11.30 am for the day, I was unable to apply sick leave for the balance hours. Day Card Standard does not record the split between NT and SL

Alternatives Considered: uAttend and Simple TimeClock

Reasons for Switching to TimeCloud Time and Attendance: Suits our small business

Eleanor H.
Admin in New Zealand
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Easy to Use

5 7 months ago

Comments: Overall very good with prompt attention from Timecloud staff when required.

Pros:

Very accurate timekeeping of staff clocking in or out available immediately.

Cons:

Sometimes the fingerprint scanner does not work for some staff, dependent on what they've been working with on the day but generally sorted quite quickly with swipe of the screen.

Neil M.
Neil M.
Manufacturing Manager in New Zealand
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees

Pacific Wallcoverings Limited

4 2 years ago

Comments: Very happy with the product

Pros:

- Easy to use, gives us quick reporting options and is great for evacuations.

Cons:

Would like to tailor the format of the reports Would be good to have a visual output that could show on a who's in screen

Trevor G.
Regional Operations Manager in Australia
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Great value for money!

5 7 months ago

Comments: The overall experience has been fantastic.

Pros:

We've been using this software for over six months and it has proven to be a valuable part of our business needs now. The tracking of my technician's that work offsite has already saved my company many thousans of dollars.

Cons:

The internal aspect of integrating your software with our HR system.

Carolyn B.
Assistant Accountant in New Zealand

Review

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Replacing Manual timesheets

Pros:

Automatic loading to pay system. Tracking time of employees.

Cons:

Can be easy to miss things when supervisor approves leave on a holiday etc. Training issue I believe.

Natalee L.
Office Manager in New Zealand

Payroll is now a breeze

5 last year

Comments: Timecloud has been a very welcomed addition to our time keeping procedures, by all staff. It has not only saved us money on our weekly wage bill, but it have made the processing of Payroll a breeze.

Pros:

I love the fact that biometric Timecloud time clock give us live up to data of who is currently at work. And as the Directors travel a lot, this information is accessible where ever they are. Furthermore, it has also provided us with piece of mind by ensuring our employees are being paid correctly. When is comes to processing our weekly payroll, now this can be completed with the simple click, I can upload my payroll information into MYOB payroll software. No more spending an hours manually calculating employees hour and entering them individually into MYOB payroll system.

Cons:

As Timecloud's mobile app is reliant on the use of the internet / data, at times our merchandising staff have experienced difficulty logging their hours via the mobile app.

Alex S.
General Manager in Australia
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Great Leap Forward

5 2 years ago

Comments: We went from hand written photographed timesheets to a complete online system,..
it took a while for people to get used to using it with their smart phones... but now it is working well

Pros:

Easy to use and implement. Simple to set up the app opn a smart phone and simple to use as an administrator.. all intuitive.

Cons:

making people be patient to use it so they get comfortable took a while.. the reports function should offer more options that suit different businesses... we have a Living away from home shift (LAHA) for instance

Anna M.
Owner/ Founding Director in New Zealand
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

We LOVE Timecloud!!!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I have been with timecloud for a few years. Nothing is perfect but this has been reasonably awesome and saved me a lot of time and money!! I recommend Time Cloud to every employer!!

Pros:

Amazing to have cloud based time sheets. So easy to upload to smart payroll for wages and a massive time saver. I think we have literally saved hundreds of dollars every week from the staff who forgot the started late or left early when they filled out their written timesheets. Super accurate now and keeps staff honest!!

Cons:

It doesn't make my coffee... Seriously though I cant think of anything!

Eric B.
Chief Operating officer in New Zealand
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

My review of Time cloud

5 2 years ago

Comments: 100% reliable and needed for our industry, cant see working without it now.

Pros:

Finger print software is a huge support for an industry that is 24/7 with different types of shift starting times.

Cons:

Some reports or reporting not well utilised, maybe due to the need of user training to optimise the availability of its capabilities.

Janine H.
Operations Manager in New Zealand
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Awesome company

5 2 years ago

Comments: Great product that has made payroll so much easier. Once set up the whole payroll process is easy to do. Love that it integrates with our payroll processing company.

Pros:

Timecloud has made the wage processing so much easier. Really easy product to use.

Cons:

Getting used to the shift patterns took a while but once you are used to them they are great

Brendan W.
Managing Partner in Australia
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

Review from a Disability Support Provider

5 7 months ago

Comments: We are saving a lot of time and money on managing workers shifts as this can be done remotely by them. The ease of use for staff means that it is simple and easy for them to use. The team at Timecloud are the biggest benefit to this software. To work with such a community minded service is a wonderful experience. All staff work very hard to ensure positive results and their customer service is unmatched!

Pros:

The software is user friendly and basic which limits the errors that can occur. This in turn has a positive impact on back end work.

Cons:

There were some minor miscommunications in the implementation that meant certain functions did not work as we thought however the team at Timecloud worked effortlessly to resolve this with us.

Janet L.
CFO in New Zealand
Plastics, 51-200 Employees

TimeCloud

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Advanced but easy to use as very user friendly.

Cons:

Nothing as we haven't really had problems.

Josh W.
Director in New Zealand
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Sticks

4 2 years ago

Comments: I found the team at Timecloud easy to deal with and very helpful in the setup of our system

Pros:

The acuracy of employees start and finish time and the data can be sent straight to our payroll people.

Cons:

Sometimes the fingerprint scanner does not work for some staff, but either a clean of the screen will help. Having a lunch or smoko time set up would be great too to track how long staff's breaks are

Patrick L.
Operations Manager in New Zealand
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees

Reminder

4 2 years ago

Comments: Pretty good

Pros:

Multiple scan - Palm, finger and password.

Cons:

There is no reminder next morning when there is no logout at the end of day. If there is a reminder and then able to keep in the time of previous logout.

Greg M.
Production Manger in New Zealand
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Great time management system

4 9 months ago

Pros:

Using the Timecloud system got rid of inaccurate paper time sheets.

Cons:

Sometime have to rescan guys into the system as it stops logging in and out.

Jack C.
Factory Manager in New Zealand
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Excellent value for money

4 7 months ago

Pros:

The team at timecloud are very helpful with making this product work for us. Any customisations and adjustments needed they are willing and capable to make these happen.

Cons:

The website can be a little bit slow at times making it a bit frustrating to approve timesheets.

Annie S.
Accounts/Payroll Manager in New Zealand
Food Production, 11-50 Employees

Happy Customer

4 6 months ago

Comments: ok

Pros:

Easy enough to use, except when it has the odd hick up. example: hours not calculating or exporting to IMS, which has now been resolved by [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Cons:

A simple answer is that i did not find anything that I did not like

Jaspreet K.
Financial Controller in New Zealand
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees

usage of Timecloud

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall is good. Need some speed as I find it lags while switching from one employee to other or while making changes to the input time

Pros:

I have found the Software quite easy to use.

Cons:

Some features are not in accordance to the requirement. For ex printing issues with printing attendance reports as per requirement

Jenna T.
Finance & Administration Manager in New Zealand
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

Very Good

4 2 years ago

Comments: Very good overall

Pros:

We can track and pay exactly for time our staff have worked. We can also easily amend times when required. Very easy to check and import into our payroll software.

Cons:

Not just being able to overtype times I want to amend but having to create new start and finish times in order to amend just one.

Mellany F.
Admin/Finance Assistant in Australia
Media Production, 2-10 Employees

Very helpful Tool

5 9 months ago

Comments: Before Timecloud we used to spend more than 2 hours to track hours and do payroll, now we don't take more than 10 minutes to get payment done and hours tracking became to much easier and more efficient.

Pros:

Reports and integration with Xero. These 2 features get my life so much easier.

Cons:

Dashboard doesn't make much sense to us as we don't use the schedule feature. Reports are not ready to work with the data, we need to get it ready so we can calculate hours, create pivot table, apply filters, etc. There is no option to get a report that shows me "break" column and "job code" column, I need to generate two reports.