• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Dropbox Paper

Collaborative workspace that helps teams organize documents for their meetings.

Learn more about Dropbox Paper

Showing 25 reviews of 113

Javier A.
Senior UX Designer
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Great tool for writing and sharing"

Comments: I love this tool. I write practically all my text with it.

Pros: Paper is a incredibly well polished cloud based wysiwyg markdown editor and along with Medium has set the standard for these. It includes some handy features like tables and to-do lists It comes directly with your Dropbox account. It also has very easy sharing. But above all its minimalistic interface helps you focus on writing and removes most distractions.

Cons: Since it is markdown based, it lacks but the most basic formatting options. So if you want more visual adjustments or advanced word processing features, you won't find them in paper

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Natacha W.
Translator & Proofreader
Translation & Localisation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2020

"A pretty simple and very efficient tool to work on documents as a team!"

Comments: I find Dropbox Paper to be a very functional choice to work on documents as a team, not only due to the editing & organizational tools, but because of its sharing options and the possibility to include rich media links/files.

Pros: This Dropbox function is for free if you have a Dropbox account. Pretty simple in its deployment and easy to use, its main and super top feature is its collaboration functionality: you can write or create texts and share them right away through the platform with other members of your team, like reviewers, editors, etc. You can add comments, assign tasks to different persons via E-mail or by @ naming them, set due dates, etc., keeping track of the revisions and developments at the same time. And a great plus is that it supports a variety of media from diverse sources, such as pictures and videos.

Cons: Although the application is centered in document creation & edition, the fact that the formatting bars are not fixed but floating make the platform a bit "untidy" to work with.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2020
Shivaraj P.
Masters Student
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2020

"Safe feature to keep files safe"

Pros: I like the features that we can scan documents, photos or offline documents.

Cons: There is lack in design of software and tech support.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2020
Tanja P.
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2021

"Review for Dropbox Paper"

Comments: This program solves the problem of coordination of work and cooperation in the team. It facilitates the work and speeds it up, which is extremely useful for those who work in a team.

Pros: Excellent service and solution for teamwork on some projects. It gives the opportunity for everyone on the team to work from their computer on one document, everyone sees the changes, can comment and can be made to-do lists with tasks. I especially like the ability of this program to integrate with many other programs and application. The program is very easy to use.

Cons: For me there is nothing to dislike in this functional and simple program that makes work easier. Maybe they should insert a grammar and spelling section so you don't make mistakes when writing.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2021
IT Systems Admin
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Dropbox Paper hits the sweet spot of simplicity and functionality"

Comments: I use paper for meeting notes, work-night checklists, documentation (it wiki), project tracking... and various similar features with my family with the personal account.

Pros: I love the simplicity of the tasklists with due dates and assigned users. We use this tool for so many things, and its just what we need and nothing we don't in each case. (shout out to the sorting features: ctrl+arrow)

Cons: Oh geez. I can't even. I'm trying to think of any time I've been frustrated or disappointed... nothing comes to mind. I think once the auto-renaming of URLs based on the title flaked out for a bit and make links not work right. Self-corrected.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Celeste O.
Customer Support Lead
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Lukewarm Feelings About Dropbox Paper"

Comments: I've only used Paper in the limited scope that my colleagues have sort of forced it upon me during our meetings and projects together. Otherwise, I'd probably still just default to Google Docs (which is admittedly, still my go to when I'm typing up something I don't need to share outside my team). So it's possible that with more time, use, and experience my impression of Dropbox Paper will improve. But currently, it just feels like a product designed to do more or less exactly what Google Docs does. There are some differences and I will admit that I enjoy using Paper when we're brainstorming and it's a great fit for our meeting notes. I also like the organization and look of all our Dropbox Paper documents better than Google Docs and sharing within our team seems rather simple. But it just feels unnatural for me in every day use and I find it difficult to perform tasks that I can easily do within Docs. I don't necessarily dislike it - but honestly the only reason I use it is because it's been adopted by people I work with.

Pros: I like that Dropbox Paper feels like a natural fit for team collaboration and meeting notes. The templates are also very nice and useful. I like the suggested fields it offers and it does help prompt me to explore and describe whatever project my team is working on.

Cons: I have so much trouble with formatting when I'm editing a document. I spend more time trying to tweak the text I entered than it took to write it in the first place. I have trouble finding the tools I need or want to use within Paper, but this might just be because I am so accustomed to other word processing software.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Francielli B.
Biologist
Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2020

"Reliable storage of personal documents"

Pros: I use dropbox for years with university, I find this app extremely reliable, I have it shared with other professional colleagues and I never had any problems. Always very fast to upload documents, I like the link between different devices and I highly recommend using it.

Cons: The layout has improved a lot in the last few years, I would just like the document folders that had modifications to be in a different color, it would be easy to see.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2020
Sanel P.
Software Analyst
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Dropbox - Another Great Collaboration Tool"

Comments: A very good product overall.

Pros: Easy to use collaborate. Great in professional and educational environments. Able to manage project easily and seamlessly. Consolidated project aspects easily.

Cons: Mobile app could use an offline mode. Can also be replaced with Google Drive for a free experience if you're willing to sacrifice some of the more advanced features and consolidation of project details.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Jonathan K.
Teachers
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Great Sharing tool"

Comments: This has been a great product from the first time I used it and it still is a great product!

Pros: I love Dropbox because I can share any document with my colleagues and I have the ability to receive notifications when someone has shared a document with me!

Cons: There are a ton of functions that Dropbox has and I haven't had any issues with their product! I always look forward to the updates too!

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Jake S.
President / IT Director
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2019

"Stand Out Software for Quick Collaboration and Note Taking"

Comments: So far it has been a great tool for keeping track of Client specific documentation and for keeping notes for all of our meetings both internally and with clients.

Pros: Paper provides quick access to tools within every document which allow for teams to quickly brainstorm ideas, track changes, take notes and comment on each others ideas. Not a ground breaking product but has inbuilt simplicity that is tough to compare to.

Cons: When the software was newer you could not delete documents however this has since been resolved and now only the user who created the document can delete it. Admins still cannot delete documents created by users.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2019
John M.
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Another great collaboration tool by Dropbox"

Pros: I really like this simple tool. It is easy to use and it's really clutter-free. Collaboration is easy with this awesome app. I can add users or attendees and mention them. I can also use them for notes and brainstorming ideas. I also love the fact that I can choose a template to work with. It helped me to save time.

Cons: It is not as advanced as other collaboration tools. But for me, it works really well and I love its simplicity.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Andrey A.
Supply Planner
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2020

"Excellent online share app"

Comments: My experience with Dropbox has been pretty good no complaints besides the fact that the free version might need a bit more space

Pros: Dropbox was one of the primary founders of mass storage on the cloud. During my university career, it was one of the most useful and innovate tool I basically used it in every course as a container where you were able to share content with your colleges, nowadays I think still is a great tool that can help to manage a lot of information regardless the finally.

Cons: If you like the free version and maintain many GBs on the cloud, you may need to move to the business version for more space.

• Reviewed on 8/02/2020
Titus S.
Managing DIrector
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Dropbox Paper user review"

Comments: awesome experience, I liked the to-do list feature

Pros: I liked that I can create to-do lists assign folks and even put a deadline and that it reminds people when they are expected to deliver. This is cool to me for collaboration and for a team working together

Cons: That I have to be online, not sure I can do this offline, I have tried but the paper takes me back online

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
HOT¿BED Gallery Intern
Design, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Isn't Worth It Unless Everyone Has Dropbox"

Comments: Its intentions are good. I don't mind the functionality and ease of use on the surface level.

Pros: It syncs with my Dropbox files and the team members I share my folders with. I use Dropbox with my collaborator to share design work and back up our data. More often than not, typed documents get shared in there, too. Being able to directly edit the docs on Dropbox is decent because it'll automatically sync with my account rather than the other way—I download the file, edit it on Word or another software, and then re-upload the file, which causes more duplicates to float around.

Cons: My team already has a system that makes Dropbox Paper inefficient software for us to adopt. Personally, I receive my documents via Gmail anyways so I can edit them in Google Docs without having to download it, edit it on Word, then re-upload to send. The documents my team sends among each other and outsde of our department are sent via email; not everyone has Dropbox nor needs it the way we do. We make it harder on ourselves by using something that not everyone outside our sphere can use.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Lucas H.
Associate Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"DropBox is an easy way to share files"

Pros: Accessible from all types of devices, I can share, view and edit documents from basically anywhere to anywhere

Cons: The app on the Apple IOS may be slow and unresponsive at times, as downloading PDFs takes a bit. That could be the network though.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Dung B.
Sustainable Buidling Engineer
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2020

"Dropbox"

Pros: It could automatically update and save my photos whenever I connect my phone with Wifi, of course with my settings.

Cons: It's a bit harder and slower to use the software on PC.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2020
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"Not very usefull"

Comments: Keep trying to use it to see how it can benefit my team and I just can't find a good workflow or value in it.

Pros: It's integrated with Dropbox is the only reason I looked at it.

Cons: Workflow doesn't make sense and difficult to follow for a team.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020
Aaron B.
Video Game Producer
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2020

"No mess, no fuss, document collaboration tool"

Comments: Very easy to start using, sharing and collaborating. Reminiscent of the useful screen-writing tools out there that boast a minimalist approach.

Pros: Simple, simple, simple. Minimal set of markup tools, just basic document collaboration. One of the more slicker collab tool experiences I've had.

Cons: You will occasionally find yourself wishing you could do a little more on the platform, but you're more likely to be convinced you didn't need whatever it was in the first place as the tool is just slick.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2020
Jason K.
supervisor
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2020

"Docs improved"

Comments: i think dropbox paper is off to a good start but will need to continue to improve

Pros: i think dropbox paper does a good job improving productivity with its platform. it allows me to create on the fly

Cons: i think it has some improvements to be made to compete against the google docs platform and microsoft

• Reviewed on 8/03/2020
Gregg C.
President/CEO
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2020

"Why Pay For Paper?"

Comments: I feel that for users who are not on Office 365 or Google products, Dropbox Paper would be a solution as long as you are paying for Dropbox cloud storage.

Pros: This is an easy add on to implement if you are a Dropbox user. The learning curve is easy as well.

Cons: We use OneDrive and Dropbox Paper would just overlap with features we already have with Microsoft.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2020
Retno W.
English Teacher
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"The Quick Note Taking App, Built for Collaboration"

Pros: It's simple to use and it's automatically saved and synced.

Cons: It lacks features and far away behind Google Docs

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Consultant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/02/2020

"Dropbox Paper"

Pros: It is very easy to collaborate in the drafting of texts with different and distant collaborators always knowing who has changed what and see whether to give them access for modification or implementation.

Cons: There is no careful grammar check such as grammarly

• Reviewed on 3/02/2020
Mokshda M.
Professor
E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Useful but overpriced"

Comments: Okayish, but not great.

Pros: The usefulness is exemplary. Plus it's able to hold everything diligently.

Cons: Expensive. Features aren't that great either. Ease of use is not as much as one would expect.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Laura T.
Communications Coordinator
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Has a lot of potential!"

Comments: I work on a marketing team and I have started building my marketing plans directly in Paper for the to-do list functionality. I wish it had a regular calendar option though! Overall, it is a useful tool that is helpful for project management when collaborating.

Pros: I think the Dropbox Paper feature is fairly new. It has a great general layout where you have the ability to create tables, explain the document, make a to-do list and tag people plus make a timeline. You can highlight text or leave comments directly in the document which makes tracking progress and decisions super easy.

Cons: I really wish the to-do list had a capability to automotically put the dates in chronological order and add them to the timeline. Right now the option is there, but it is all manual. Plus, I could use more highlight color options for color coding!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Justin P.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Great application, task management is disconnected though."

Comments: Great! I've using it since it came out and when you need a collaborative writing tool it is fantastic.

Pros: Paper gives you a great interface to quickly take notes with other colleagues in real time. In our current remote work world it is critical to be able to stay on the same page and this helps greatly.

Cons: It is great to be able to enter tasks but Dropbox doesn't have a task management feature so if a client asks for something that requires a task (everything) you can create it in this document but then you have to manually create the tasks in Asana, Teamwork, ClickUp, etc.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020