Own a business? You NEED this product!

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Joseph C.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

Pros: EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Cons: Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

The Obivious choice for Payment processing

Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Kevin Z.
Director Of Operations
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The major benefits we experience are as follow: Payment processing is a breeze, we are able to integrate our system with Quick books seamlessly, the many option for accepting payment means we never miss out on being able to receive payment at any time, Customer service is very helpful and they genuinely care about helping your business succeed and the most important for us is we never have to think about it, it just works.

Pros: Square has streamlined my credit card processing immensely, We were using a different merchant service before that had higher fees and less intuitive features. Square is very useful for our staff accepting payments on site, at events, Bar Tending and processing catering invoice payments. it is fully integrated with our Quickbooks software for a streamlined process. The speed in which receiving credit to our bank account is also pleasantly fast. Finally being able to accept a credit card while in an out of service area (No Wifi/Cellular) is an excellent feature we have already taken advantage of.

Cons: There are no issues in the two years I have been using Square to report. The addition of NFC payments has made my life even better!

Love Love Square

Reviewed on 11/12/2019
Navine A.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Pros: Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

Cons: My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Square Point of Sale

Reviewed on 7/11/2018
Tammy H.
Property Manager - Athens Highlands Apts
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall I had been having a decent experience with Square but having to spend so much time looking for a phone number and then waiting so long for a person to tell me my customers had to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refund that was caught 15 hours or less from the original transaction was ridiculous. I had to go and get a money order to give one customer for the refund and NOW have to drive across town to now pick up a money order from her once the refund was posted to her account so I can deposit the additional money I gave her Saturday so she had funds through today when the refund posted. A lot of unnecessary running around when it could have been corrected within a day or two not 10 days! It was enough aggravation that I'm looking for another money transfer app for our events.

Pros: I liked that it was a convenient way to accept payments anywhere via my mobile cell phone through the Square App.

Cons: I didn't like that customers couldn't make a payment directly from their phone & that Square charges a higher fee to manually enter a credit card. There was a glitch with square that kept showing a different totals than what was entered $82.00 it showed $82.03. The customer said run it with the .03. Then the next day LESS THAN 24 hours later I saw the deposit total from Square to our bank account and it was a lot more than it should have been. I looked up transactions and saw where 2 customers were highly over charged. (1) I entered $52.00 but Square deducted $520.09 from the customers card, (2nd) I entered $53.00 but Square deducted $530.06. I immediately looked through their website to see if I could refund the difference but had no way of doing so through the website. I was able to refund the difference through their Square App. That was done maybe 15 hours later I refunded the difference and sent screen shots of the refunds to the 2 customers. Two days later one of the girls said the refund hadn't processed. What seemed like 30 minutes or longer looking through their website for a phone number - called to speak to someone and was on hold for 30 min. or longer to get someone. This person didn't seem to care that I refunded these customer's accts. 15 hours or less from the transactions took place. He said it would take 7 to 10 business days to refund their accts. That was large amounts of money for someone to wait a week when it was caught 15 hours or less.

In combination with an online shop, Square has more pros than competitors

Reviewed on 22/09/2019
Amanda josalene W.
Fragrances
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As stated above, Square has had numerous pros for me when it comes to my apparel business.

Pros: I love Square and have been a loyal user of Square POS & Square payments. For starters, Square is what helped pave the path for me to be able to launch my clothing / apparel business outside of Etsy. I wanted to launch my own site, have independence away from online marketplaces, and have control over my payments, sales, invoices, etc., and Square is what gave me this opportunity. I am able to do everything within the app, whether it is in-person sales or online. Online, I was able to connect Square with their website service (Weebly), which mean my payments & sales go directly to my Square account. These are the main pros for me with using Square:
-Good processing fees
-Free Square reader was provided to me (plugs into my iPhone and uses Bluetooth) for in-person sales; allows me to work pop-up shop shows
-Instant transfers to my bank; this was SUPER critical to me since I work in a made-to-order apparel business. I need to have funds instantly for fabric purchases, supplies, shipping supplies, etc.
-Quick invoicing
-Ability to organize customer info and customer data
-Ability to order gift cards for my shop directly through Square

Cons: I have no cons; Square has been my go-to payment processing software and I will not switch in the future.

A total game changer for artists

Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Christopher H.
Artist / Designer
Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Square POS enabled me to start taking credit card and debit payments for my work at public events, which revolutionized my business!

Pros: In the days before Square, if you were selling your wares at a craft show or art show or some sort of public event, you were limited to cash. Cash only. Square POS was and is a total game changer for those markets. Being an artist who sells his work at a lot of different shows and events, having the ability to accept credit payments (originally) and (more recently) debit transactions has not only lead to significantly more sales but also lead to more satisfied customers! Additionally, it integrates beautifully with Ecwid, to facilitate online credit payments for my website store front.

Cons: This isn't really a con of the Square reader or POS itself, but just a general point that you need to have a good solid wifi or cellular connection. Personally, I have never had an issue but always relying on my cellular connection instead of the available wifi at an event.

Square Point of Sale

Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Chris M.
Case Manager
Mental Health Care, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I love the simplicity and easy to use layout of the Square POS system. I use it for everything from fundraisers to garage sales. I am truly impressed with the product and can not be happier with the experience that I have had with it.

Pros: I have been doing side jobs for that last 2 years and have been part of my sons cubs scouts troop. Having square not only makes everything so much easier for us, but we have notice and influx of customers that are more willing to purchase items due to the ability to process credit cards. Square is easy to use and straight forward. It keeps track of my inventory and lets me know what I need more of so that I never run out. It is easy to set up and anyone can use it due to it being very user friendly.

Cons: Unfortunately you can not customize the features to great extent, but they still have an easy and user friendly system. I have not ran into any issues or bugs that have prevented me from getting the full benefit of using the Square POS.

Super easy to use and convenient!

Reviewed on 7/01/2020
Ryan P.
Office Assistant
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I enjoy it a lot and will continue to use

Pros: I really love using this software! It is so easy to use and is always quick to use, never issues with it! This is important in the restaurant

Cons: The only con is that the fees get a little expensive at times, especially when you manually enter info

Money in the bank... literally!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Jeff E.
IT coordinator
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As stated in the pros section, Square has been a total win for us. It has taken the headache and hassle out of accepting credit cards.

Pros: Working with square has been the smartest move we have made! Adding and removing products is a snap. Deposits happen automatically and on a timely manner so there is no longer a need to manually touch that side. It has just been a huge win!

Cons: The setup cost to get the hardware in place has been the biggest issue. As far as the software, it would be better if we could tag transactions differently than having to create a new location. (i.e. main office and cafe which are both in the same location but sell different items)

Square Point of Sale is Sweet

Reviewed on 4/10/2019
Sarah B.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Square makes it really easy for us to take tax-deductible donations and have information to reach the donors in the future for tax receipts.

Pros: I love using Square Point of Sale to take payments during events for our non-profit. It’s intuitive and great for large events, while also saving information for donors.

Cons: I think that Square has a rather high percentage that they take from donations — I wish that there was a possibility to get a nonprofit rate.

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Medical Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Pros: Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS.
What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email.
Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not.
For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Cons: Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction.
Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though.
Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

Great as a user and business owner

Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Aurora G.
Registered Kinesiologist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

Pros: My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well.
In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Cons: Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

A cheap, easy, & convenient CC processing alternative.

Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Director of Sales
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We take all of our credit/debit card payments through Square, as well as Apple Pay, Android Pay & Samsung Pay. The ability for a customer to pay, sign, and get a receipt e-mailed to their phone while they are still standing in front of me brings a nice sense of trust and completion to each sale.

Pros: It is free to set up and implement initially. Square will even send free card processors (they're the cheap ones that let you take a card payment from your phone/tablet, but it will let you start swiping cards immediately). They help keep track of your sales/accounting for non-card payments, too, as long as you enter in the sales data for them. Additionally, the ability to edit & customize withdrawal options is very helpful. I can get funds deposited on a schedule or whenever I choose to (even instantly, although this incurs an additional 1% fee). It is much cheaper and more convenient than a standard CC payment processor, so anyone with a small or mobile business would be wise to check this out.

Cons: The customer service is a bit lacking. I've never had a real issue with them that didn't resolve itself pretty quickly, but there's been one or two times where I have an issue and get what appears to be an automated response about it. Not a big deal, but when you Google it, on the Square help forums, this kind of response seems to be the norm for most questions/concerns. Fortunately, their system is pretty self-explanatory, that additional personalized help isn't usually needed.

Excellent as a cash register for small businesses

Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Melody E.
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: At the ice cream parlor I work at, the register is programmed with all of the items we sell. You can program buttons to create discounts either by a percentage of the sale or with a flat dollar amount. This program tracks sales by day and by product sold. We have used this for probably 2 years now and it allows us to track sales from the years past to see what the trends are. For example, how busy were we last Mother's Day or when to our sales start dropping as we head into/winter fall. This allows us to make informed decisions on how much staffing we need and what hours to keep our business open for. We can also see how well certain items are selling. So when we introduce new items it allows us to see if they are selling well and gives us insight as to how we need to market for our business. This replaced a simple cash register that we used to have, but it is so much more than a cash register with all of the information you can track and use to make decisions for your business.

Pros: This is an easily programmable software that can be used to create a point of sale register. I work at a coffee/ice cream parlor and we use the software for our register, and it stores our sales information and has been very helpful in marketing and determining what products have been selling well or poorly

Cons: I don't know if there's anything I don't like about this program. It's user friendly and I haven't really found any limitations or holdbacks to our business because of this

There's room for improvement, but it's currently THE Point of Sale

Reviewed on 1/01/2019
Digital Content Designer
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, as an independent artist, I'd recommend Square in a blink to anyone in that position. Free reader, easy to use, mobile...It's perfect. For small businesses, I'd also suggest Square - I've worked with the alternative, Clover, and it's so very slow and not as user friendly - but I think Square needs to continue evolving to keep up with those demands. And I'm sure they will given they've already created the flippable platform.

Pros: Square is simple to use and that's what makes it so popular. The card readers are simple, organizing your inventory is simple. It works really well for me as an independent artist at art fairs and such. I've never run into any trouble using it in that context. The new flip screen platform is also super wonderful for retail stores and cafes as it takes the pressure off of the employee and the awkwardness of asking for tips etc... disappates. It also seems to run smoother by virtue of the platform not running other apps. Definitely love that Square is expanding their market to meet the needs of larger companies.

Cons: It gets overloaded and laggy pretty quickly when used in a more dense environment. When I've used Square at small businesses as a sales employee, I've experienced lag between pressing on an item and having it go to the item menu or add to the cart. Also, the free square readers that go into your audio jack are awfully temperamental with continued use and you either have to keep re-ordering them, or just buckle down and buy a reader. The only time the latter hasn't worked was when I had to be mobile while taking orders. An ISBN scanner would also be super cool integration and would allow Square to be used in more places.

Square is the best solution for being able to accept credit/debit cards for small businesses

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Sean U.
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Like I said, it was rocky to start with because smartphones and that kind of tech were not openly out in everyday life. but once that changed, acceptance of Square did as well. Wonderful product!

Pros: - It's easy to use.
- I have never had a situation where something had to be refunded.
- I've never heard of a complaint from someone who's card was used for a transaction.
- super affordable!
- Intuitive

Cons: when Square first came out, people were cautious and skeptical. I maybe only performed several transactions in the first couple years. then I stopped using it entirely for a bit, not because of square, but because the public in our area was just not up to date with "modern technologies" lol. Now in the age of technology where everyone has a smart phone people are more than willing to pay somewhere that uses Square.

Perfect for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Jennifer R.
Retail, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Since using Square for my small business, I have felt more professional and organized. I was using PayPal before this, and I just felt like my customers deserved better. Square gave me options that I did not have with PayPal and made my transaction process smooth and seamless.

Pros: I love that Square is so easy to use and set up. I run a small company where I sell customized products. Square is perfect because for my company because of the low fees, quick set-up and free initial square reader. In addition, the inventory control option is just so amazing and simple. I can add and control inventory (even add photos) from the app with ease. I can also create and edit prices while creating customer inventories. Square helps my small business feel professional.

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about Square. It is the most professional off all inexpensive point of sales and is perfect for a small business.

Can now accept payments in person, as well as, online

Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Square helps businesses grow and track sales through their app. With reader, you can accept payments on the go so you'll never miss a sale. I bump into potential customers in grocery stores, paying my cable bill or while at the doctor's office etc.

Pros: I have used Square for 3 years. I found them while searching for web site builders. I was happy when I located them and read through their policy. Aside from setting up and designing my site, Square provided me with a reader. I plug it into my phone and swipe credit cards. The payments are in my account within two days minus a small fee for using Square's pos reader. I use it along with the app, you can also enter credit/debit cards manually and have the customer sign the screen. I email the customers their receipt. If a customer pays in cash, I can still take the payment and enter cash instead of paying by card. I still send them a receipt. I can set up gift cards and discounts to items online but I choose not to. I keep my items priced low enough to avoid these incentives.

Cons: They provided me a free reader, decals to stick on my register and window. I have no issues with this company. They are great.

A great product for a small retail business

Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Director, Business as Mission
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I log into Square every day to check the sales of our coffee shop, as I don't work there day to do, but lead the management team. I use the various reporting tools weekly as well, to track how we are doing compared the previous weeks and years.

Pros: The software has a very low buy in cost and if you aren't processing payment through them it is free. But in the end the best way to use it is to process credit card directly through your Square POS. It was so easy for our staff, but no real POS experience, to figure out how to setup our coffee shop using square. The way you are able to build in all the variables that make up what you charge the customer took the guess work out of things for our person running the POS. In the end, it meant errors in charging the customer were eliminated. We also love that the customer can reply back directly to us via their email or text receipt. Giving us feedback and allowing us to refund them if they had a negative experience.

Cons: The rewards program has changed a couple times and it was a little confusing for the customers how to use it in the past. though a recent update fixed a lot of that for us.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 7/09/2018
Celeste G.
Operations Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love Square! We've used it for years and will continue to use it at our events.

Pros: Square is easy to use and very reliable.
I love that I can send out user codes to volunteers at our fundraising events and not worry about sharing a main login in order to have multiple people collecting money for our organization. We use Square at all of our fundraising events and it is very reliable. It is also very easy to train a new person on how to use the Square app and reader, which is very important at events when I have volunteers who've never used Square before.
The dashboard is easy to navigate and the reports are easy to read. Square's fees are very reasonable and they are very good about providing Square reader devices for point of sale transaction.

Cons: The standard Square readers don't work with the latest Apple iPhones that lack the phone jack. This can be challenging so it's good to check with volunteers before an event to get an idea of what type of phone they have. For large events or occasions when lots of transactions happen in a short time frame it can get hard to see who paid for an item or to match up transactions to items sold. If you do need to track who bought an item or if a transaction was for multiple items (like a person who won several items in a silent auction) then make sure to add notes and have documentation for your staff volunteers on how to add notes while running transaction, otherwise this because hard to sort out afterwards.

Great, but getting less so

Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Guthrie S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've been with Square since about 2011, and have seen a lot of changes take place over that time. Square is still easily one of the best solutions out there for small businesses that want to pay when they profit, instead of draining out to a merchant account or such, however recently it's also seen a trend towards "Form over Function" which is a bit troubling considering that it's sole focus should be ease of use by businesses for the purpose of minimizing overhead and increasing revenue.

Pros: Free app, pay when you make a sale, reliability is decent, don't have to purchase your own hardware. Still a strong contender despite it's more recent frustrations.

Cons: Square has reached a point of maturation in which it's starting to feel like they are inventing new "features" for the sake of doing so (or for the sake of justifying growth to investors), instead of focusing on issues that are most commonly stated in community forums, and requested daily to devs. which would actually help lead to increased market share. Square would rather overhaul the look of your dashboard to make it look pretty than say for instance create a method in which UPC/EAN's could be stored alongside SKU's for easy internal, and external interfacing of inventory from suppliers. Square removed the ability to sort by "low" and "out of stock" on the backend without having email notifications enabled, resulting in thousands of needless emails yearly (which we have to filter out) where we used to be able to login, click "sort by" and see a list of what was close to, or out of stock for re-order. Square changed it's item creation page to require not one, but two additional clicks, and increased scrolling to edit even trivial item options. This used to be able to be done in one click, and all fields visible. Also, the "Delete" button is now directly beside the "Save" button, make sure you don't click it by mistake. Had engineers followed up (as promised) to any of the three phone calls made about these issues I would not be as harsh, but as they haven't, here you go.

New SQUARE Dedicated POS system is great -- Just needs expansion modules

Reviewed on 6/05/2018
Rick R.
Owner/Managing Partner
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can look at reporting from my house, most other POS systems don't allow for that. I can also add to and take from my inventory and item list, I don't have to be tied to my facility to make it work.

Pros: It's simple to setup, simple to use and most importantly -- simple to train. It's so intuitive that the staff took to it in less than 5 minutes of training. Also, because their dedicated POS system "Square Register" is purpose built, we are able to use iphones and ipads to do tableside ordering which makes the workflow and throughput of the bar stools that much faster.

Cons: The reporting is not granular enough with time. You have to find out the hard way, when you want reporting from 9am on Monday through 2am on Tuesday, you have to run two separate reports. And to top it off, you have to learn the hard way that when you select an hour, it will show you everything through XX:59:59 of that hour, if you select the next hour, you're adding that hour's data to your report. They should offer software updates to improve reporting and maybe consider add-ons that are industry specific.

Get your moneys worth with Square

Reviewed on 3/07/2019
Summer T.
Sports, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I like that it is portable; you don't need to connect it to a computer to run. I like that you can add items to keep track of what you sell. I like that the processing fees are lower than other POS systems.

Cons: I wish it didn't have to rely on wifi to process payments and could work on LTE when away from the desk. Even with the offline capabilities, you don't know if the payments when through correctly until you re-connect to wifi for them to process. I wish it could connect to the software program we use to accept payments via the web.

Easy, convenient, and incredible!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Barry H.
CEO and Owner
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Square has been a great experience to use and I will continue to use it for years to come. The ability to send text confirmations to customers and an email to the client simultaneously has increased my business tenfold! Easy to use and easy to access features make running business simple and easy for not only myself but my workers as well. It is HIPAA compliant and works great for any and all business models. Put simply this is a solid 10/10 software!

Pros: Square POS has been the most helpful feature for my small business. I have used Square on a daily basis for about a year and am still blown away by the features. Square links easily with any type of smartphone and the easy to use website makes handling the day to day business routine a breeze. Features include an appointment calendar, online booking, sales tracking, item tracking, payments, and much more!

Cons: The only downside I personally have experienced with this software is that Square does not do tiered pricing. For my business, I have a tiered cost for service (I.E. Tier 1 equals $, Tier 2 equals $$, Tier 3 equals $$$). This makes it difficult for online booking services and scheduling appointments. Luckily, you can put in discounted rates to help make the price accurate which is easy to setup but can effect your end of year outlook if you use Square alone to follow your income.

No Better Tool for Small Businesses or Artists

Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Cory P.
Project Coordinator
Research, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: When I worked on commission as an artist, mostly scraping by a living by selling my wares at conventions or craft shows, Square was the single best companion I had. Not only was I cleared to take every type of credit card imaginable, which was amazing, but the customizability of the POS interface was stellar. I could prompt my customers to tip. I could quickly and easily change prices on my inventory, add buttons or lists of inventory, and re-organize my UI at the drop of a hat. I didn't even bother reading the instructions; I figured all this out on my own, through experimentation. Square POS makes the best use of a tablet's inherent intuitive design. Can you tap a screen? You can use Square. Besides using it for my own side business, I've also worked for several small businesses (<30 employees) who used Square POS. Restaurants, convenience stores, tattoo studies, ice cream parlors - if you're selling something, Square POS can make your life simpler.

Cons: If I had to pick something I didn't like - and this is a stretch for me to do - it would be that the price for the dock and software can be steep for someone just getting started as an artist. But seeing as you get far more value than what you pay, I can barely call that a "con". This is a very safe investment.