• Overall
    3.7 /5
    4.1 /5
    3.4 /5

About NCR Silver

NCR Silver delivers the tools you need to drive your goals. Cloud based ePOS, actionable insights, marketing tools, and more.

Learn more about NCR Silver

Lindsey H.
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Some very good pros, and some pretty frustrating cons"

Comments: Overall I would still use this system even if we weren't required to by the franchise. Partly because I wouldn't want to have to deal with switching over to a new system, but also because every system has its own issues and I don't think there are any other solutions out there that are better than this, at least in the price range of a small business. I believe NCR is working to fix the issues, at least, and I like the feel of the system. I would appreciate a little more transparency about issues that could affect reporting of sales data or processing of credit card transactions.

Pros: The software is easy to use and relatively intuitive; new employees pick up the POS system quickly. The developers have been gradually adding desired functions that have been great improvements, and I imagine they will continue to do so. While some of the other stores in our franchise have complained about not being able to reach customer support in a timely manner, I myself have always been able to get through to them quickly and they are always helpful in working through issues.

Cons: When the software has an issue, it tends to not be a small one. Also, it seems like NCR will work on fixing the issue but not let everyone know that there WAS an issue, even when it may affect your reporting of sales. For example, there have been software glitches where the over/short number for the registers was not getting recorded by NCR. We only discovered this because another store in our franchise figured it out and reported it. I never saw any communication from NCR letting people know about it, the issue was just resolved quietly a while later. Plus, almost every time there is an update, there are usually major issues with functionality for about the next week that can affect the ability to process transactions. The software/hardware interface has some issues as well.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2019
Ryan C.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Feedback"

Comments: Great customer service when I call. Very responsive and efficient. Wished they would contact us on the front end when an update creates issues, not after we have the problem.

Pros: The ease of use on the front end. Easy to pull data and information from historic sales.

Cons: Issues with security aren't addressed until they are a problem and have credit cards kicked back after assuming they were good. Changed security settings on IPads and issues were resolved, but we had to reach out instead of being contacted first. There needs to be an accounts receivable. We use a backdoor and do payouts with notes to even the drawer. A fourth category would make this easier.

Lynn R.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me"

Comments: Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.

Pros: I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Cons: In the last year or two they switched the call center to India. Since I have been using NCRSilver since 2015 I can solve most of my own questions, but when something comes up and I have to call in it is not a simple question anymore, and the employees that are now contracted to solve these issues know less about the system then I do. They seem to be reading from a script. While they are very nice it is frustrating because they cannot answer the question and it has to be put in queue and they have to get back to me. Seems like when that happens the person getting back to me just tells me what I already know. It's useless. I am going to be looking for a new software for my POS system.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Aaron A.
Business Operations Manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

"No Inventory Functionality"

Comments: POS, tracking of sales, cash reconciliation, and time clock. Would love an inventory feature for retailers.

Pros: Transactions, and reporting, are very easy to use. Reporting is excellent.

Cons: There is zero inventory functionality. You can add inventory, but as a retailer I need to be able to track my inventory to monitor when, and what, I need to order. Silver does not offer such a feature. This is a common complaint amongst other retailers that use Silver that I frequent with my personal business.

Veeka T.
office manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"NCR Silver"

Comments: Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Pros: We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Cons: We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Gil B.
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service"

Comments: This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.

Pros: POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Cons: This is a multi-use system. As a restaurant, we had to get used to some features that are more for general retail, although it does contain things like table assignment and so forth.

Andrea E.
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Limitations in reporting and discounts"

Comments: I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Pros: I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Cons: There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period.
With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Tom B.
President/Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"NCR Silver Review"

Pros: The system generally is up most of time.

Cons: It removed a lot of our stored hold tickets - thus, loosing info on contractors and the amount of purchases they had pending to pay We had been in touch MULTIPLE times with NCR and level 1, 2 & 3 Guy named representative and many others
NO ONE EVER EVER GOT BACK TO US _ what the problem is/was / what info they recovered/ why that it lost our stored info etc. OR WAS THE ISSUE EVER RESOLVED ? This has been many, many months we have been trying to work thru this. It has cost us $ and customers. NCR Silver does not seem to care !! We have talked to many different support members and get the same general run around. Very Very discouraging, would not recommend product to any one.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Chad S.

"Mad Mexican loves NCR"

Comments: Easy to work with thru problems.

Pros: Easy to install, update and use. They answer all calls promptly and fix any issues that might occur quickly!’

Cons: No issues , we are pleased with the system and products.

Jonna R.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"NCR Fan"

Pros: The ease of this software is great. You get a concierge to help you get started and then 24/7 customer service to answer any questions. The software is user friendly and simple to train new staff members.

Cons: The back office takes awhile to update sales information. I can run a sale and it will take several minutes for the back office to show the sale.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Jeannette S.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"It's okay"

Comments: Staff is very friendly and as helpful as they an be but limitations to what they an handle before handing the issue off to another department can be an issue with proper completion. Follow through can be lacking, slow or non existent. Also ridiculous refusal of refund if return is received outside of 30 days. If you receive it on 60 days, you still have it. Still same peice of equipment. A policy to scam your customers.

Pros: Pretty simple, direct on functionality

Cons: Some limitations in reporting and the type of visibility to historical data

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Matt D.
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"NCR Silver is here to stay"

Comments: We love it. Irreplaceable to our business.

Pros: We love the reporting features and the robust nature of the Application. The setup is super easy and we loved how soon all the wait staff learnt the new system

Cons: Working with Tier 1 support after hours can be challenging. Being in cloud technology the glitches that occur are not always easily resolved by support staff.

Alfred G.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2018

"Over Promise and under deliver"

Comments: Concierge service is highly touted but the Implementation process is poorly planned and communicated to the merchant. So it is a high risk process that demand a lot from the merchant to implement successfully. Having an experienced re-seller to support the delivery, set up and go live is critical.
Even after raising the

Pros: Good Basic dashboards and reports
Remote Access to data and menus is a great feature
Ability to download POS transactions to Excel is great for analysis (some fields missing from downloads)

Cons: Non- EMV compliant CC processing
Does not Calculate Overtime
non existent transaction audit tools to trace when items were rung up or voided to help prevent fraudulent voids.
Does not have any inventory control capability to track usage and on hand
Limited Reporting capability, no add-hock reporting An Excel savvy person can make good use of downloads and Power Pivot to do own analysis and reports
Re sellers over sell POS system with out the proper disclosure of Functionality, Pricing, Required specifications or implementation and after sales support.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2018
Philip D.
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"P&D Burgers dba Waybackburgers review"

Comments: It has been satisfactory as it continues to evolve.

Pros: Updates, able to be trouble-shooted fairly easily.

Cons: Sometimes issues need escalated; also would like to see delivery companies integrated into system-POS vs several tablets.

Taylor N.
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"NCR Silver is a shoo-in for the Gold"

Comments: Wonderful customer service, simple set up, easy to customize functions, menus and items.

Pros: Super, super simple and easy to use software with plenty of tangible options for setting up menus, options, and variables.

Cons: Currently there is no support for chips on credit cards; a very simple issue that is not a deal breaker in any way.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Jo ann E.
  • Reviewed on 1/07/2019

"almost perfect"

Pros: easy to use for Customer input and ringing sales.

Cons: Not to well for retail inventory control. And can't recall transactions or post void sales if customer changes mind within the same day.

• Reviewed on 1/07/2019
Michael G.

"Customer Service"

Comments: Product is Ok. Sometimes takes hours to get someone on the phone to resolve an issue

Pros: The system is pretty east to use. I figured it out by myself with little help from NCR.

Cons: The overall experience with customer service is the problem. We actually switched and we are still paying for our NCR program. It is solely because of the service. I guess you guys would rather have reviews like this than to make it right. When it comes to a point that a small business like ours would rather pay and not use your product I think it is time to look at yourselves.

Assistant Vice President
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Stable System with Accessibility"

Pros: We installed this in iPads in our store. System works fairly well. Can access real time from mobile to check in.

Cons: Sometimes the interfaces can get glitchy. Reboots required.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Tom B.
Co-Host
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

"NCR Silver is OK"

Comments: It’s ok, some things could be better or more functional.

Pros: Ease of use, setting up items and changing items.

Cons: Lacking certain helpful features like being able to use 2 iPads and ring out on one.

"NCR SILVER"

Comments: Fair. Ok for the money.

Pros: Ease of use. The system is easy to use and update

Cons: Lack of synchronization between system phone, customer records and non-card payment sources

Bill F.
Senior Environmentalist
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"NCR feedback"

Comments: excellent

Pros: ease of use, streamlined format and ability to use chip readers/ Bluetooth, etc

Cons: signature feature comes up on upon every transaction

Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

"POS system"

Pros: Nice graphs, tracking of sales, ease of use.

Cons: Constantly resetting, too many updates, customer service should be better.

B joellyn W.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

"Do your research"

Comments: Customer service is awful. When you get a staff member and need to call back, you never get the original person. Too many hands in the pot. I’ve been treated pretty awful by NCR employees.

Pros: I like that it can handle all
Aspects of my dispensary from employee time
Clock to inventory.

Cons: Super super glitchy. Credit car readers not working. Bulk emails unable to be sent. (All have been resolved but took NCR several months.)

Jeff O.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

"Disappointed"

Pros: The cons outweigh the pros! The cons make it useless to my business!

Cons: customer places order with waitress or bartender, tickets print at bar and kitchen. food and drinks are prepared but have no idea which waitress orders go to for delivery to customer due to the wrong waitress name coming up on the ticket. very time consuming and inefficient to figure out where the order actually goes. another example... we run specials every day. such as wing it Wednesday. Half price hot wings.
when an item is on special, each item has to be ordered individually. which means, when a customer orders 40 wings, the waitress has to enter it 40 times!!!! in the past we would simply input a quantity of 40. now it is tying up a waitress and an iPad for 40 times the amount of time it use to take! UNACCEPTIABLE wasting time and money for my business! Have complained to customer service for three months about these issues with no results.

Yunus A.

"Ncr the best"

Comments: Easy to use, great costumer service

Pros: Easy to use, friendly people at the costumer service

Cons: Can’t use it without internet connection