Kapwing

Kapwing Reviews

by Kapwing

Best online video service ever. And a miracle for deaf people.

Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Martin J.
freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This review is focused only on one of Kapwing feature - AI generated subtitles. I known that Kapwing offers many tools for online video editing (and they are very good), but I'm using just one of them - Subtitler. This tool is able to autogenerate subtitles for video in almost any language. And this is cool! You know - I'm deaf (or almost deaf, to be correct) and thank to Kapwing I’m now able understand and react on videos from my friends :) (I’m able to read and write in 6 languages, but if someone sent me video-message, I was f*cked… :D Not any more, thank to this service). Before Kapwing I had to download the video, extract audio from it, process the audio file with dedicated software and then, finally, I got subtitles (poor quality subtitles, I have to say). With Kapwing I just paste URL to Subtitler and get subtitles. Miracle, for me.

Pros: - it works like a charm
- simple use, perfect output
- multi-language support (AI autogenerated subtitles are best on market (seriously. I tried many other services))
- it's free (mind-blowing! Service of this quality free? Just WOW!)

Cons: - nothing at all
- OK, there are some glitches in AI autogenerated subtitles, but the output is "good enough" in most situations

My experience with Kapwing

Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Rosa irene G.
Digital Artist
Graphic Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.

Pros: *Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos.
*Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one.
*No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly.
*No need to download software, you can use it all online
*You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.

Cons: *The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.

memes as a service

Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Brianne K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great experience using the product, especially with a small team

Pros: I use Kapwing to create video content and memes for my early stage company. This has been a great way to generate traffic to my professional website and leads to higher engagement on our company's social media channels.

Cons: I don't have any complaints at this time

Came up near top of search engine for free meme generator

Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Kathleen M.
Book Author
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It was useful for a very basic advertisement meme. It didn’t cost me anything but my time

Pros: I liked that it was free, I liked that I could choose to use my own photos and select from a variety of fonts. I liked the font color selection.

Cons: I didn’t like that I couldn’t easily choose the background color. I didn’t like that I couldn’t figure out easily if I could use multiple images with multiple captions. It seemed very basic

The ultimate social media toolkit

Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Sarah M.
Investor
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience with Kapwing has grown from strength to strength as the product has added more features and functionality, making the work I do in social media management so much easier.

Pros: Kapwing provides all the essential tools for creating engaging social media content, in one place. The most helpful tool within the product for me has been the resizing tool, which allows me to optimize the crop of my content for different platforms. It also gives me the option to export in GIF or MP4 for video-based content which saves me so many additional steps to export in other tools.

Cons: There are SO many different features, sometimes you have to look a little longer to find what you are looking for.

Easy User friendly Tools

Reviewed on 29/12/2019
Houssem eddine G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Kapwing is a really nice set of tools for video manipulation that are easy to use for newbies and people who don't want to download and learn a video editor for small tweaks

Pros: I discovered Kapwing when I was searching for a tool to convert my video to 9:16 format to upload it to IGTV. The tool is straightforward and easy, I only had to upload my video and see the magic happen :D
I fall in love with Kapwing and its tools now, I use it to manipulate videos I create.

Cons: I think 20$ a month is too much right now, I would love to see them introducing a way to create video animations for the same cost.

Best Video Editor

Reviewed on 8/10/2019
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, this site helped me work on my videos and I will continue to use it to work on my project videos. The video editor site has helped me and it wasn't hard to use. Anyone can use this site to work on the videos they need to work on.

Pros: This video editor saved the day for me! I love how this editor website is so smooth. This site isn't difficult. I can upload my own videos or my own images to this video creation website. I needed a site just like this, so it could help me fix my writing and ministry work videos. This video editor didn't take long to work with. I can also put subtitles into the video editor. This was something that I needed help with. I needed to add subtitles to my videos. The subtitles were simple to add in and I am so happy it wasn't confusing. I also love how I can add audio to my video slides. I love how I can do my writing projects with more flow now and ability.

Cons: I dislike the black screen to work on. I wish the dashboard area was a different color. The color is okay, but a more light color would be nice. There should be another option on the main dashboard screen. The dark color is not appealing.

Found great tool during #VPDExperiment

Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Jeremy S.
Manager of Analytics, Customer Operations
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Need to create short videos that were not PowerPoint driven but able to add content was a problem. I couldn't always wait for our professional to create for ministry team. And adding subtitles allows more people to watch since they don't have to turn up the volume when in a space they can't listen.

Pros: Subtitles were great as they use the Google beta. And you can edit the text to fix your flubs or add a highlight.

Cons: Since its web only, you have to deal with the filters applied by various security tools. Either get IT to whitelist or you will have trouble. You can use it on your phone browser, but not as easy on the small screen

My secret weapon in media

Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Rick R.
ROC Staff
Media Production, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Kapwing makes me look better at my job than I actually am.

Pros: There are so many things I can user Kapwing for - but I found it because I needed to resize videos for Instagram. After that, I just continued to find new ways I needed Kapwing. Always works, doesn't cost a ton of time or money, and more features keep coming.

Cons: My only complaint is limited mobile use, but it's clearly not the focus here.

All-in-one media tool

Reviewed on 15/02/2020
Platform Strategy
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Kapwing makes me feel like a professional videographer or digital editor without any training. It is easy to stitch together demos and webinar materials for my startup. I even use it to make fun memes to share on our company Slack once in a while too.

Cons: They provide many tools that it can sometimes take a little time to find the exact one you need.

Social Media Manager Essential Tools

Reviewed on 21/12/2018
Ben R.
Marketing Manager
Music, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Their team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.

Pros: This tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.

Cons: No real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.

Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!

Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Web Designer/Journalist
Media Production, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!

Pros: Kapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.

Cons: As stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.

A suite of handy video editing tools

Reviewed on 8/08/2019
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: easy to use; highly recommended.

Pros: As a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.

Cons: As being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.

The easiest and fastest way to produce great videos!

Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Seriously love kapwing. been a customer for years now and they are constantly innovating. and the value you get for you money is unbeatable.

Pros: - super easy to use
- many many features
- no editing skills required
- produce content for all plattforms

Cons: - you have to download and reupload your video if you want to use multiple tools.

The subtitler I've been looking for

Federica B.
Researcher and podcaster
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm very happy with Kapwing and I have been promoting it during my training sessions on podcasting.

Pros: Ease of use. Fast. Does exactly what I need in a neat way.

Cons: One feature was missing (locking two time sliders together), I reported it to the developing team and they said they will work on it. Nothing else.

We made a video for our landing page in 5 mins flat

Parthi L.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to setup. No installation required. Purpose-built for your most common editing needs. Adobe products are overkill and too expensive for most things you need to do. For large companies, Kapwing will get you far. Don't spend on expensive Adobe licenses.

Cons: Not as full-featured or flexible as Adobe After Effects for the video editing I wanted to do but makes up for it in ease of use and directed functionality

Repurposing on steroids!

Reviewed on 2/01/2019
Sheryl P.
Video Strategist
Media Production, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Branding is a key component to not only my own content marketing strategy, but what I teach my students. Kapwing is helping our company create more branded content that generates more video views, engagement and brand awareness.

Pros: I love that you can create a core video and repurpose it for a variety of different social media platforms.

Cons: Would love if there was a mobile app. I think there’s one in the works?

Kapwing

Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Megan F.
Graphic Design
Design, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This program allows everyone on our team to do basic video edits - things like reformatting a video for Instagram that would usually take longer and be delegated to someone with other things to do can easily be achieved by everyone.

Cons: I understand the need for it to be a paid service, but I wish there were more watermark-free free services.

The ONLY Perfect Lightweight Video Editor You'll Ever Need...

Reviewed on 7/02/2020
Leon B.
Marketing Consultant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent tool for video editing on the fly
I love the community that Kapwing is curating and the friendly support

Pros: The ease of use
Can EDIT VIDEOS and IMAGES
Simple UI
Intuitive features
Rendering in the cloud

Cons: Sometimes crashes my chromebook while editing videos (probably due to my computer specs for RAM)
Some features could be added

Loved the Ease of Use

Reviewed on 8/05/2019
Lisa S.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Excellent. I would recommend this software for others to create videos with.

Pros: I liked that I could add multiple videos into one very quickly and change the size as well quickly. It was much faster and EASIER than other programs I've tried over the years.

Cons: I did not get a return email quickly when I had a question.

One stop shop for simple photo & video creation

Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Jon M.
Group Product Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software is so easy to use for the quick creation tasks I need done fast!

Cons: Not having a clear integration with our cloud data storage solution made it harder for me to upload content.

Kapwing IS AMAZING

Nick E.
Sales Executive
Computer Networking, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer engagement

Pros: Adding Subtitles
Making animations
Easy to download and attach videos to emails.

Cons: Ease of Use.
Large learning curve at the beginning of use of the product.

Terrific video platform!

Reviewed on 18/01/2019
My N.
Communications Specialist
Philanthropy, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive, user-friendly, variety of applications

Cons: Lack of organization tools, inability to label projects more clearly, deleted projects after period of time

My Go To Tool for Content Creation

Jon M.
Co-Founder
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use to edit images or create a GIF for our marketing efforts

Cons: Still figuring out all the amazing use cases for Kapwing

Go-to editor for both pics and videos

Reviewed on 3/12/2019
UX Researcher
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm editing videos and photos using Kapwing's templates weekly, and so far it's been a life savior!

Pros: Super easy to use and comes with a wide variety of templates available for both video and photo editing. The free version comes with a watermark, but it doesn't ruin your experience. Also love the animated text video maker!

Cons: I wish there were an option to save project drafts for future editing.. Also, it's kinda hard to work on a dark background but overall the ui is intuitive and clean