• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.3 /5

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Showing 19,339 reviews

Abby B.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"The most affordable invoicing option for small businesses"

Comments: Hands down, the best option for a new business getting started out. You can create professional invoices and track all of your income in one place, for free.

Pros: There are tons of options that come with the basic Business Plan, all with no monthly or annual fee - just the 2.8% per transaction. You can setup recurring invoices, monthly, annually, AND Quarterly! Set it and forget it! You can print or PDF the invoices and email them and "Share link myself" so your clients can pay by check and then you pay NOTHING to PayPal.

Cons: There's no option for ACH debit, but for no monthly or annual fee, that's nothing.
The reports are a little tricky. Sometimes it's hard to find a report that includes ALL of the invoices sent out, including those who paid by another method not through PayPal. It's in there, it's just not easy to find.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Iván G.
Software engineer
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2021

"Easy for the customers, a bit expensive for the business"

Comments: I recommend using Paypal if you are targetting an international audience or if you are new in the market and need an extra boost in confidence for your users. If you are going to sell only in your country, it's better to just use a bank gateway and save a lot of money in commissions.

Pros: Paypal is the most extended payment system, so it will provide confidence and security to the users. It's easy to implement since they provide many tools, even an API for more complex integrations.

Cons: Everything comes with a price and Paypal is no exception. Their commissions are very high if we compare them to standard bank gateways. Their support staff is not very helpful sometimes.

• Reviewed on 9/02/2021
Paulo F.
Partner - Director
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"Need to accept payments abroad? USE PAYPAL!"

Comments: My overall experience is great. It offers a great platform and it is easy to use.

Pros: Paypal is a well-known payment processing platform and can be used to accept payments from other countries with all of the security that a bank offers. It is really easy to generate invoices and followup up on charges. You can add credit cards to your account and make payments directly from your card.

Cons: Basically higher fees than other payment platforms.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Director of Marketing and Communications
Performing Arts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2021

"PayPal easily connects our non profit business with donors."

Comments: For anyone trying to solve a purchase/payment problem without having a formal bank arrangement, this is a great solution. And its software can be included with almost every POS system we looked at.

Pros: We needed away for our non-profit fundraising arm, which is separate, to sell product and collect funds for their initiatives, but with a paper trail that helps us document those donors and their activity. PayPal was very simple to integrate into our point-of-sale system, like it literally took one minute. The reporting and transaction history is thorough and allows for refunds, shipping, and every kind of documentation we need.

Cons: The portion that PayPal takes per transaction is a little high, for us, but we do see the value. It would be helpful if the organization (vs. a person) could have a log in, maybe with multiple users.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2021
Francisco S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"The payment method that sells best"

Comments: We are using Paypal since at least 10 years in many projects, and always it's a win-win combination due to his reliability, as a customer and as a buyer

Pros: We have several payment methods in our website, but PayPal is, with a great difference the preferred by our all customers. Even myself prefer this in my personal bougths. It gives a great security perception to the final customer because there is no need to give your credit card data.
Recently it has launched a new prestashop checkout module which integrates even a lot of new possibilities to local providers, this, helps a lot again the security perception to the customer
Also the security policies to the buyer, also give them an additional security layer with free returns, claims center...

Cons: The only one cons I can find to PayPal is his fees. It's more expensive to any other payment method. They're the best and get this advantage is his own profit

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Ashkan B.
Research Assistant
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2020

"Popular and Trustworthy"

Comments: I have been using PayPal for the past year, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who needs to send or receive money or buy online. Compared to other platforms like Venmo or Cash App, PayPal has at least one advantage and that is popularity. That makes PayPal the most convenient money transferring app to use. Also, being a good app does not make you popular. The app should be perfect to become popular, and I think PayPal is very close to being perfect.

Pros: This is how I started using PayPal; I opened an account in a matter of seconds, added my debit cards from the banks I have account in and credit card info into my account, and now I don’t even use the physical cards anymore. I use PayPal for sending and receiving money and buying online. It is very convenient, and every online shopping website and merchant that I have used accepts paying with PayPal. My friends and I use PayPal to send money to each other every day. Recently PayPal has added a new handy feature called “money pool”. With this feature, you can gather money for a specific reason. I have used this feature many times. The first time I was in charge of throwing a birthday party for one of my friends. At first, it seemed like trouble knowing that I have to ask from everyone for their share of expenses. But then I found this feature in PayPal, I created a pool, and easily everyone paid their share. The money came right into my PayPal account in a matter of seconds, and thanks to PayPal the party was amazing. Another reason I love PayPal is that I can support my favorite charity in the app, which I find very convenient. Also, from time to time you can find great deals on online shopping websites if you pay through PayPal. I have used many of these deals and saved a lot of money by just using PayPal.

Cons: No matter how good PayPal is, there is still some space to improve. Sometimes transferring my balance to my bank account takes more than three business days, and it would be great if PayPal could improve the speed of the balance transferring process. Many of my friends prefer to use other apps just because of this and they need to transfer money instantly. Although there is an option for faster transfer, other apps can do it without charging for a fee. Also, it would be great if the customer could ask directly from PayPal for a refund, and not the merchant.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2020
Shelly R.
Sales and marketing
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"A way to receive any kind of foreign currency."

Comments: Although we have had some bad times with the payment platform in how difficult it is to get the money back, as well as the big money leaks from the commissions I must say that it only represents a part of all the benefits we have achieved using paypal as our online bank, it has allowed us to expand our business exponentially, helping to receive foreign currencies of different types and get better labor allowing us to pay you quickly and securely, helps us to have better control in the payment of our bills as well as in the control of payments from our customers, making it much easier and faster at the time of a transaction, something almost immediately.

Pros: It has allowed me to receive money from anywhere in the world, it is a great utility that has saved several businesses by not having the same type of currency at the time, this facilitates transactions and removes many limitations, as well as has given us an excellent security, avoiding fraud or scams, because once we had that problem by not receiving the product we expected and the supplier did not want to return the money, then we proceeded to a system dispute where we won with excellent success presenting all the documentation, in addition the transactions are almost instantaneous and has allowed us to establish a billing system by which suppliers or customers can make their payments quickly and successfully.

Cons: We have noticed that there are big losses of money through paypal transactions, in addition to an internal commission, there is also one for the amount you send, making the service and use of paypal is not the cheapest for small businesses, as well as having to convince with these high rates to all new users, customers and suppliers that we invite to use this payment platform. The dispute systems although they are very secure we have had to wait several hours, days and months for them to review all the proper documentation and then have to wait for the refund of our money in case of scams or fraud, making it somewhat impatient to use it.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
Christina A.
IT Tech
  • Reviewed on 7/01/2020

"Very Trustworthy!"

Comments: I use PayPal multiple times a week for both personal and business reasons, and it's the easiest and fastest money transfer app I've used. I really like how you can choose to send money as friends and family or as goods and services, options are important. If someone buys your product or service and pay through goods and services they get buyer protection which is very helpful because I can't offer that on my own.
Recently they added the option to instantly transfer your PayPal balance to your linked debit card or bank account, which is another great service by PayPal. They have a nice selection of PayPal credit, debit and prepaid cards and you can also get the PayPal cash card to easily withdraw money from your balance at a store or ATM.
I love using PayPal, it's the only money transfer service I actually use because they make every transaction and transfer almost effortless. PayPal has great fraud security and ert you via email if they suspect suspicious activity on your account. Very trustworthy app/website!
PayPal support is great, I love how you can choose to contact them through email, in app messaging, live chat or call them...these choices make it possible to reach out for help no matter your situation. PayPal nailed it!

Pros: Instant money transfers! I love how easy it is to instantly send money or payments to anyone by phone number, email address or name. Being able to link PayPal to Google Pay and Samsung Pay make PayPal that much more convenient to use.
I recently upgraded to a PayPal Business Account and received my new credit card swiper and chip reader in the mail, and it pairs easily with the PayPal Here app via Bluetooth and now I can accept credit card payments whenever and wherever I happen to be. I absolutely love using PayPal.

Cons: PayPal has an internal security system that blocks certain transactions and there is nothing you or PayPal support can do to override it, you just have to wait 24 hours and try again. If your account mostly receives money rather than sending money and you decide to send money the internal security system may either block your transfer or lock you out of your account until you call them to confirm your account, they call this "suspicious activity on your PayPal account"

• Reviewed on 7/01/2020
Kristen B.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"PayPal is trusted and recognized - Very Useful!"

Comments: PayPal makes it easy and secure to send and receive payments. The sign-up process is simple and secure. It is easy to add an account. PayPal has a clean, easy-to-navigate interface that puts everything right in front of you. You can find your account balance or what you're looking for right away. You can send payment requests to friends or clients, or send money to others from your bank account. Many online retailers accept PayPal, allowing you to pay online securely.

Pros: PayPal is one of the most well-known, trusted, and recognized brands when it comes to e-commerce and online financial transactions. Because of it's recognition, it's a name people trust. Offering PayPal as a method of pay to prospective clients or buyers is an easy way to allow people to spend their money with you. Using PayPal as a customer gives you a feeling of security that less recognizable brands don't offer.

Cons: Customer support for PayPal is not as robust as one would hope for a company dealing with financial transactions. Additionally, PayPal is one of the many online companies that struggle to find a balance in mediating disputes between buyers and sellers of online products and services. This sometimes results in legitimate gripes about PayPal making it too easy for scammers to get money out of honest online retailers. This problem is not unique to PayPal and it will take the whole internet and legal communities to solve.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Lisa D.
Freelancer
Civic & Social Organisation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"A well known site got even more user friendly!"

Comments: I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

Pros: PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

Cons: I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Barbara S.
VP Finance
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2019

"Easy and very secure way to pay online virtually for everything without risk"

Comments: I work for a global technology business (1,400+ people globally) with presence in multiple countries. We use PayPay on a daily basis for payments and especially, payments for some international transactions.

Pros: I really like that it is very easy to make a payment and you don't have to worry about your credit card information or bank information being disclosed to unwanted party. Security of payment is really key. Many people or companies avoid online payments as often your credit card information can be accessed by unwanted party who put fraudulent transactions on your credit card or even, bank account. Although credit card companies normally would refund such payment, this would require a lot of work and in case of business, a lot of time of your accountants. Time means money, as accountants can't spend time on other activities. Of course, there are a lot of negative emotions associated with credit card fraud. With PayPal, we don't have to worry about credit card fraud. The credit card information here is very secure. Additional advantage of PayPal is that we can make some payments, especially international payments that can only accept PayPal. Overall, we use PayPal as a business daily and we are very happy with it.

Cons: Overall, I like PayPal very much. I believe that the PayPal provider should think about widening its activity. We do use a lot of check payments and wires. I believe that PayPay should think how to expand its activity for international businesses like our company and develop some initiatives for us, to switch some international wire payments to PayPal.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Samuel T.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2019

"Convenient & Widely Acceptable Online Payments System but..."

Comments: No doubt, PayPal is a very convenient payments system available on the internet. With easy integration with valid credit card, users can easily make payment for any service that accept PayPal payment, send money to friends and family, and transact with online vendors all over the world. As a user since 2014, i will gladly recommend PayPal for anyone, especially for Freelancers that sell their products and offer services online which will help them receive their payment at ease, but the payment receiving feature needs to be available for their country.

Pros: One of the biggest advantages of PayPal is the easy online payments system which is widely accepted by online vendors, big e-commerce stores and other businesses. PayPal allow users to send out money and also receive payment, which made it easy for two individuals to carry out business transactions or send money as a gift to friends or families.
One of the best features of PayPal is the easy integration with user’s Local Bank Account; users can link their Credit Cards to their PayPal account, make transactions with PayPal and get debited on the Bank Account. Another advantage of PayPal is the security, they takes security tightly, secure logins like 2FA to prevent user’s from hackers, also each transactions are monitored and any foul suspect will result to cancellation and account will be limited for verification.
PayPal has also helped me from scammers and getting out of bad deals, they have a good refund policy that help buyers get their money back easily if the deal goes wrong.
Other advantages are keeping of all general transactions histories which can be easily printed and a straightforward user interface which makes it easy to use and understand.
PayPal have a mobile app that makes PayPal easier to use, the app is available on both Android phones and iPhones; all online functions are available on-the-go.

Cons: Even with the good reputation online, PayPal can be very frustrating with different disadvantages.
A major problem with PayPal is the customer support, contacting those guys can be very frustrating, using the email takes forever before they reply, calling their mobile phone takes time before you’re connected to available support which is very expensive since it’s international call. PayPal really needs to improve their customer support and at least be less aggressive with rules, which is another problem with PayPal; example of the limitation of accounts on slightest things, even though security is important to make users safe on the internet, PayPal however takes security a little too much, a simple change in account’s activities can result to limitation of user’s account which can only be resolve with ID verification and reviews.
Another con to PayPal is the limitation of some countries from having full access to their services, my country in particular can only send out funds and pay for services but we can’t receive funds, which aren’t good for business, I have to find alternative to receive payments online.
The last one I can think of is the transactions fees, unlike other competitors; PayPal doesn’t have stable fees, sometimes PayPal can charge up to 50% of total transaction amount, which isn’t encouraging.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2019
To receive International payments
Computer Games, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"The Best and the only Great international Payments Platform"

Comments: I do freelancing and some other part time works and almost everytime I receive my money from other countries. So, if there was no PayPal or even if it was not available in my country, then receiving PayPal would have become impossible for me. In other words , PayPal is the best and the only best International Payments medium for me and for my friends too. The easy and fully featured interface makes is real easy and fun to use . Sending and receiving funds is as easy as just like sending text messages on PayPal. The automatic transfer of funds is also really useful. PayPal guarantees security and complete encryption of information and transactions so I can use it without any worries. The only problem is the tax/fee while receiving a payment and also the correct conversion fee is a little bad. But overall, my experience with Paypal is really good and I appreciate .

Pros: While receiving International Payments, PayPal is the only lifeline for me. I reside in India and there's no any international Payments Bank which is easy to use as PayPal is. Without PayPal, I would not have received any money from my side works. So basically, PayPal is the best and the only best payments platform which is available Globally and accepted nearly everywhere online and mostly everywhere Offline too. The best part of PayPal is that sending to anyone as well as receiving money is easy as just like sending and receiving text messages. The second best thing about PayPal is its interface which is easy and fully featured. PayPal informs everytime whenever there is an update to their site, privacy policy, terms and conditions, and when we receive or send money. The paypal mobile app is also very easy to use and has a very nice and featured interface. When it comes to security, PayPal stands very greatly... PayPal insures each and every payment is secured and encrypted. Joining PayPal in India is very easy as just like joining a social media site, to receive international Payments, Indians have to link their Pan Card and if they want to use it locally they will have to link Aadhaar Card as well. The verification process is fast as expected. In India, due to RBI regulations PayPal has made Automatic Transfer of funds from PayPal which is really way useful, because of it we don't have to care about withdrawing the funds as they are done automatically.

Cons: The only things I dislike about PayPal are :-
1) when we receive money we have to pay a little fee which is sometimes not so little . So, there's a rule that when a user receives money, he/she will have to pay a fee and in my opinion, the fee is sometimes too much than expected.
2) The PayPal International currency conversion is really not so good. I reside in India so here the currency is INR , and I mostly receive money in other currencies such like USD or GBP , so the problem is that the currency conversion occurs in a very bad way. Example, last time when I received money in USD, 1USD was actually equivalent to 69INR but PayPal did the currency exchange and gave me 67 INR for each USD. So, if we receive a little International payment, then the currency conversion fees will be just a little as negligible bit when we receive a high payment the currency conversion charge will be high too which could be proved less benefited for users.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Carmen M.
Interior Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2019

"Good for buyers, not much for sellers."

Comments: I will always recommend PayPal for online purchases. As an honest customer I like the easiness and security it offers.
As a seller? Never.

Pros: Get paid instantly, manage your money, send invoices to your customers and clients, pay using those funds on all the online stores that accept PayPal.
With all the different options for sourcing funds, it is easy to jump from your credit card to your checking account if you desire to do so.
Their app works fast, it is reliable and allows me opening it anywhere to check my balance and even get alerts when an invoice has been sent or paid.
As a buyer, it is probably my first choice whenever I make online purchases, for safety, because I don't really like writing down my credit card details on every single store I shop at, and because it is faster, saves me time from introducing numbers and codes as everything is recorded and verified already.

Cons: As a seller, this can be tricky, specially when selling items on Ebay.
In fact, PayPal is what keeps me from selling anything there.
If you are unlucky enough to sell your collectibles, antiques or your hard work to a smart guy, they will report the item as "not as pictured", "not as expected" or any other excuses they might find creative and PayPal will ALWAYS be on their side.
I have lost a few thousand dollars thanks to PayPal and their policies and these buyers with no morals.
They are not forced to return the item, money will be returned no matter what you say, even shipping charges, and you can say whatever you want, PayPal just doesn't care about sellers AT ALL.
I can say without hesitation that PayPal has killed the hobby collector, the artisan and those small honest sellers that loved selling their products online, specially Ebay.
And this without even mentioning the "fake fakes" hunters. I tried to sell authentic Designer clothing and shoes and my items were literally stolen.
Buyer reports your item as a counterfeit and you will lose your money and the item.
They are only suggested to destroy it. Yes, right... like that is ever going to happen.

• Reviewed on 6/03/2019
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2018

"Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business"

Comments: We use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.

Pros: Paypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.

Cons: There can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.

• Reviewed on 30/12/2018
Edwin S.
Community Engagement Officer
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Easiest way of online paying and receiving money"

Pros: Buyer protection: When buying a product online and a seller sends a wrong/damaged/fake item you can ask Paypal to step in.
Seller protection: When buyers complain about an item that you sold them, while having it accurately described OR when a buyer returns an item but instead of the actual item returns something else Paypal will actually step in and protect the seller. It also protects you against fraud. I would advice to keep evidence of sold goods and for valuable items obtain tracking details.
Paypal has a competitive credit facility through paypal credit. With often several months interest free on purchases.
Paypal loans are excellent for businesses. Especially when running an online business, the fees on especially small loans are incredibly low (especially compared to loan sharks, and even compared to a bank), repayments also work very straight forward.
Sending and receiving money is also dead easy, sending money non commercially to friends and family is done by just filling in the amount and the email address of the receiver and click send. On the receiving end it tends to be there within seconds and you can withdraw it immediately to your bank account. Generally it is even processed the same day (even international transfers)

Cons: There is not a lot I dont like about paypal. Their fees are quite reasonable. The main thing I dislike is probably their foreign currency exchange rate, which is not that great. However you won't be paying too much if anything in fees, especially compared to banks or even money transfer companies like Western Union or Moneygram who can charge quite a bit even on small amounts.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
  • Reviewed on 5/10/2018

"Best Online Money Transactions Tool"

Comments: Paypal is a great tool for online money transactions. There are other online money transaction options but Paypal is the most reliable.

Pros: I like Paypal because it is widely used and accepted as a means of payment by most online businesses. I make most of my online purchases using paypal. It's convenient. The transaction fees are also quite reasonable. Paypal is also quite easy to set up an use. The only thing you need to have an account up and running is an email address. The process of sending out money is also very easy since the only information you need from the other party is their email account and in seconds you can have money from your account transferred to theirs. Since Paypal rocords all your transactions, it is easy to monitor your financial transactions and make decisions. Another good thing with Paypal is you can have more than one Paypal account for different uses in your business or personal life. Paypal is also pretty secure. I have never has an a security challenge with Paypal. However, you should always stay safe and never share your password with anyone.

Cons: A challenge with Paypal is that if you are not careful with your passwords, your account could be hacked and you could lose your money. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that their system has a challenge with accepting digital visa cards. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that the company could limit or ban your account and prevent you from doing certain transactions or accessing your money as a whole. I have had my account disabled and couldn't access my money for about 6 months.

• Reviewed on 5/10/2018
Undergraduate
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"“Provide quick and safe transactions efficiently”"

Comments: I am using PayPal for a long time and I have an amazing experience with it. Especially I use PayPal for online shopping to buy essential software parts for my projects as well as to buy other products too. I use PayPal to make financial transactions with my family and friends also. In my point of view, PayPal is the best and fast online payment method which ensures the safety of our transactions.

Pros: PayPal payments can be efficiently done and it makes quick transactions that are very convenient for me because of its simplicity of the interface. It has some interesting features that I like most such as, able to involve in online purchases with just using associated bank accounts instead of using my credit or debit card directly, availability in both Android and iOS apps, admirable customer service, and PayPal is allowed to access in a wide range of online stores in many countries securely. I can do my transactions immediately with my family members and friends via PayPal without any additional charges. Another advantage of this PayPal is we can link different accounts to PayPal in order to make payments. It allows the mobile payments, to make invoices and send them too. Its capability to integrate with other services and possessing of reminders make my transactions obvious. Its ability to refund payments is impressive and it can be easily processed. I am really happy about this online payment platform which helps me a lot to ease my work and I highly recommend you use this in order to receive and send money locally as well as internationally.

Cons: It is unable to perform immediate transactions between different accounts. Sometimes it limits the number of accounts to use without giving any acceptable reason. Sometimes the currency convertor is not working when I require it. Other than the above downsides, I did not notice any about this PayPal online payment platform.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Bessy G.
Office Administrator/Owner
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"PayPal Is Easy to Use for Personal, but Gets Complicated for Business"

Comments: For personal use, PayPal is great! For business, not my #1 preference although you're forced to use it by companies such as Ebay.

Pros: Personal: Easy to use! All you need is an email, the app on your favorite device and you're ready to go! You can get and send money all over the world in a couple of clicks and you don't pay for friends and family!

Cons: Business: Complicated to use! The set up is time-consuming. You have to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that you're a legitimate company and even after jumping through hoops they still doubt. It's also confusing because, at least in my experience, they kept updating the app and changing the layout so much that I kept thinking that a person who was technologically challenged, would just give up. I have another business on Ebay that I use PayPal for. The fees on PayPal are a little high for me especially when you're already paying Ebay. I also use it for a Facebook business and again, the fees are a bit high.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Danielle D.
Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2021

"Best app in this category"

Pros: Paypal has changed quite a bit since I first started using it and the changes have all been very positive. It has changed from being an easy and quick way to send money to and from family and friends and for businesses to being a place to pay, deposit and withdraw cash, direct deposit, send and receive funds and invoices, and so much more. I especially love the ability to cash out at Walmart instead of transferring to bank or card for times account is negative. I also really like the ability to pay through PayPal with shopping online and not having to enter in card or bank information on untrustworthy sites. Customer service is also quick to resolve issues and not hard to get ahold of like most big companies.

Cons: There are a couple more things you can do through the web browsers than the app and I do wish all features were available via app.

• Reviewed on 4/03/2021
Giovanna D.
Freelancer
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"PayPal has maintained its user base for a reason!"

Comments: As a freelancer who works from home, I’ve used PayPal to receive payments from personal clients, as well as companies where I have done freelance work for such as Rev. I’ve used PayPal to pay others for services and purchases as well. The fees are reasonable and their secure measures has ensured my account has never been compromised.

Pros: It’s an easy and reliable way to receive and give payments, transfer money and now invest. I’ve been using PayPal for YEARS! There is a reason why PayPal has stuck around for so many years, and why it will continue to do so. They have made fantastic improvements over the years from their website to their app! Now moving money around is easier and faster than ever. The PayPal.Me link system and QR scan codes makes it so much easier to share PayPal information in a secure way. The phone app is easy to use and keeps it simple. Send and request money. Make donations directly to organizations and now you can make investments with Acorn. PayPal is also great for personal use. Find ways to save money by creating pre-loaded cards. Connect with friends and make a money pool towards a goal or cause. Find discounted offers at some of your favorite stores by paying with PayPal. When it comes to money, I like to keep it simple. Pay and get paid, PayPal fits that bill. Quick and easy.

Cons: In 6 years, I have never encountered an issue. It honestly surprises me as this is rare, but it’s true. I’ve contacted customer service twice and both times they were incredibly helpful and my problem was solved promptly. The only thing I didn’t like was how finding others required some leg work, but the additions they’ve made to make it easier to find others to pay and request payment have optimized the progress significantly.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Justin D.
Owner/CEO
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2019

"Paypal helps with all my online purchasing needs"

Comments: I personally haven't had any real problems with Paypal. It's been super easy and convenient for me to use online for personal use and for my business. The few times in the past I needed help support, they were easy to work with. Having it integrated in most the websites as a form of payment for the artists I work with make everything pretty easy as most of their payments all come to one place. It has also been super convenient for me to use Paypal as a way to send invoices and make sure they get paid. Also having a Paypal credit cart set up with them for my studio has made things super easy and they routinely run great payment deals on it that you just cant get on other lines of credit. I can't see not using them for a large chunk of my business any time soon!

Pros: The best thing about Paypal is that it's basically accepted everywhere online and is a great alternative to using your card at certain venders. I own a studio and have a management and consulting company and many of my clients find it super easy to just pay through Paypal. When needed, it's easy to send an invoice to someone and keep better records of payments. I also have a business credit card set up through Paypal for the studio and helps keep all my studio transactions in one place!

Cons: I haven't experienced too many cons for Paypal, at least in the way I use it. For me, the only real Con I've dealt with is that it costs a little bit of money to send an invoice through them directly instead of just creating my own PDF and emailing it that way. But at the end of the day I know that's just the cost of doing business so it's not truly a con.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2019
Kathy C.
Shipping manager
Machinery, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2020

"Sing up progress is less then 2 mins, great app"

Comments: Been using PayPal for 5 years . I never had any problems @ all. Not even when I use it @ work on a day by day basis. That is when u know they differently know how to run their business. Never had to contact their support team, ever.

Pros: I couldn’t believe how quick & easy it was to sing up for PayPal. I use PayPal for work & personal use . U get ur money instantly, no wait whatsoever. I also love the fact that u can transfer ur money in ur bank account wait time for that is 1 day, or u can choose to have it on ur back card instantly. I use PayPal for just about everything, I pay my rent with PayPal. I love it, it’s differently a game changer. Makes life so simple

Cons: Honestly there is no con. I have been with PayPal for the last 5 years. I myself have different accounts with them, for different things. I use it @ work every single work day. I have never had a issue. I never had to contact their support team on anything. That’s pretty amazing in itself.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2020
Robert B.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Don't Believe the Hype"

Comments: For a business starting out they are a good solution if you are not consistently processing more than a couple of thousand dollars a month or if your business is more of a hobby than a full time business. Before I cancelled my PayPal account permanently I had several Customers, (that know how to work the system) scam me out of thousands of dollars and PayPal did nothing about it. One Customer claimed they never received the custom headboard. I provided the proof of delivery and the Customer's signature that matched their driver's license and I lost that dispute including the parts and labor to build the headboard as well the cost of packing and shipping the product. I had another that ordered a product directly off of our website - mind you they also received an electronic receipt showing the product and details that they ordered. We shipped it and the Customer's dispute was that the product was not what they ordered. I lost all of the associated costs to make it and ship it. I had a Customer that said they never received the headboard, they said someone forged their signature. I look on their social media where they were showing off the new headboard they ordered. I sent that to PayPal after it was disputed and I lost that dispute. PayPal DOES NOT HAVE YOUR BACK!

Pros: Adding PayPal as a merchant service provider to your website is very easy. There are usually plug and play options to make life simple to complete the integration.

Cons: The rates you pay are some of the highest in the industry. PayPal is considered an aggregator and not the actual processor of the credit card or debit card transactions. They are a middle man. Paying some of the highest fees is not the worst of it. Traditionally speaking if there is a dispute by the card holder, (for whatever reason) the payment processing company will gather information and then make a decision one way or the other. PayPal sides almost 100% of the time with the cardholder regardless of the information provided to the Claims Department.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Sarah P.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2019

"5 Stars"

Comments: Overall I love Paypal. It allowed me to start operating my business and charging clients before I was able to set up a business banking account. Paypal made it nice and easy.
Once I took my business to the next level, the ease of creating monthly subscriptions that would automatically charge the clients, was a blessing!

Pros: I have been using Paypal since the very beginning, and it has come a long way with the services and ease of use it provides users. I use PayPal for both personal and business. Both types of accounts are simple to use.
I love the ease of Paypal for business. I am able to easily invoice clients, or set up monthly subscription payments so I can set it and forget it.

Cons: All the fees. I understand Paypal needs to make money, but there are some platforms or in some circumstances with clients where I will get hit with a double fee. It is quite annoying.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2019