• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Zoho Docs

An online file management system that lets you create, store, organize, collaborate and share files securely.

Learn more about Zoho Docs

Everianny B.
Senior Tax Specialist
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"An excellent alternative to save information in the cloud"

Comments: Zoho docs is an efficient solution for companies that need a cloud and modification of documents in real time. This powerful tool optimizes internal processes, generating greater collective work, competitiveness, performance and productivity, that's why I recommend it as one of the best services to work in the cloud.

Pros: In my work it is very important to stimulate collectivism in its different stages and functions, with the firm intention of endowing the investigations with analytical and technical elements of greater depth. Zoho Docs is an excellent alternative for collaborative work and in real time, it allows adjusting and modifying information hosted in the cloud with the purpose of making corrections, append information and modify the data that are necessary. Another interesting option of this software is the possibility of previewing documents in the cloud without the need to download. This option saves us a lot of time and effort in downloading the file and the corrections.

Cons: Although the platform offers great benefits, has an excellent intuitive system, and offers comprehensive solutions, this platform does not do all the work, therefore it is necessary to hire personnel in the area of accounting and administration to develop more detailed tasks

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Colin M.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2019

"Zoho Docs - Writer, Sheets & Show Plus Cloud Storage"

Comments: Zoho Docs is a perfectly functional suite of tools to rival more popular rivals, but it is unlikely to displace Microsoft Office in the corporate world. That means it needs to be able to work with Office formats if you have clients or suppliers who will be sharing files with you. This generally isn't a problem, but not all features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint are supported. Some companies may still want a single copy of MS Office on hand to help manage this process. For most small business users, Zoho Docs (or the even better value Zoho One suite which includes Docs) can be a good alternative to both G-Suite and Office 365.

Pros: - Cost-effective alternative to basic Microsoft Office Suite - Word Processor (Writer), Spreadsheet (Sheets) and Presentation (Show) software included.
- Writer great for creating HTML content for web pages
- Syncs files with desktop
- Integration with Google Drive and Dropbox
- Strong Security
- Good integration with other Zoho products - as you would expect

Cons: - Sheets doesn't have the power and analysis capabilities of Excel, but is perfectly functional for most small business use cases.
- If you need to share files with external users you generally have to convert to more popular formats. These export options are available, but an extra step and another version of the file to manage.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2019
Isabella H.
Project Analyst
  • Reviewed on 7/11/2020

"A great reliable way to save any document online."

Comments: Currently we use this system for various reasons that are very useful to us, at business scales, which makes it an effective software in its main functionalities, normally, we use this system to protect all our data in an extremely secure way, including at the same time, acquiring full access to these records, from any mobile device or computer, with access to the web, for occasions that arise, and we need these informative documents to satisfy said problem presented, being necessary not only for these interpretations, but also to protect images and videos, which can become of great personal importance.

Pros: It is one of the best tools registered in the cloud to protect all the data that you keep in your organization in a totally secure way, because it will be stored online, which guarantees its functionalities in a numerical percentage, in its entirety, mentioning that it is one of the systems that I like the most, about these qualities that it offers to be used by any user who decides to promote this program, especially because it is very easy and flexible in all its use options.

Cons: Being an easy-to-use software, several of its functionalities are not current, that is, they do not present an update to restore the modern effectiveness that it should offer, this happens in several of its operational qualities, specifically due to its lack of modernization in several aspects within this platform, in order to provide a complete and reliable service, above all to increase certain characters that require innovations and integrations for their job improvement.

• Reviewed on 7/11/2020
Edgar R.
Consultor en comunicación y tecnologías de información
Government Relations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Great potential of productivity apps"

Comments: Sharing documents and online publishing of the files is a breeze, and they are always online which makes it a great option when embeding these types of files on other places throughout the web.

Pros: Zoho has never stopped developing new features throughout their productivity suite. Support is awesome and ease of use is great for newbies. I've been using Zoho Apps for more than ten years and I am still loyal with their efforts.

Cons: Docs includes Writer, Sheet and Show apps, unfortunately loading times of the apps can be cumbersome and the lack of full versions of these apps for mobile phones or tablets forces you to seek for other options even though the online versions of the apps are option packed.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Rick P.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"Solid and sometimes superior replacement for Google Docs"

Comments: As always with Zoho products, I was pleasantly surprised at the features provided for free. However, certain workflow and performance issues keep me from using the tools full-time.

Pros: Zoho Docs wouldn't be all that special without Zoho Writer, which is the unsung hero of free online word processors. I've reviewed it positively on Capterra and highly recommend it. So it's hard to talk about Zoho Docs, which is basically the management hub for multiple Writer docs, without also talking about Writer. Zoho Docs provides feature parity with Google Docs and improves it in many respects. For instance, all Zoho Docs can be sync continuously with Dropbox. I guess it makes sense that Google Drive continuous sync isn't included. ;-) Zoho Writer now provides an integrated grammar checker/writing assistant called Zilia, which in my tests provides better advice than Grammarly and for free. I like the Zoho Docs templates better than those from Google Docs.

Cons: UI fonts are too small and too light to be read easily by these old eyes. I couldn't find any settings to change the default other than increasing the browser zoom. That's bad. Everything loads slowly on underpowered devices and there's no feedback as to the state of the interface. UI elements are therefore often slow to respond. No integration with Zoho Notebook, for some inexplicable reason, which makes Notebook kind of pointless. No integration with Evernote either so that's a definite workflow issue.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2019
Mathew W.
Executive Vice President
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"The best possible way to get done with cloud documents and file sharing."

Comments: The experience was somehow alright but they really need to improve the services. Still, we have gained much benefits from this tool by creating efficiency in working and improving our cloud document service.

Pros: One of the most easy and efficient way to get our documents prepared online and can easily be shared with anyone. We can get easily prepare and download all kinds of formats. We can easily update our docs online and can easily implement them in our day-to-day routine. It's a reliable yet most productive tool to use.

Cons: I have issues in managing my files or arranging them in an orderly manner. Also, in order to edit the previously saved files, it gets hard to change the formatting. Sharing the files with other users, also creates issues in a more baffled way.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Ariana F.
Designer UX
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2020

"Review for Zoho Docs"

Comments: My first experience with Zoho Docs was when I needed to migrate a lot of files from another platform to Zoho, because as I already use other tools from Zoho and keeping documents on the same platform helps me to make my business all connected. Overall my experience is very good with Zoho.

Pros: I like so much use Zoho Doc for the for the security it transmits when storing my files and addition to offering much more space than other platforms.

Cons: His interface interactions are a little difficult to use then google drive for exemple. The user needs to be a little more mature more to understand. I wold like that Zoho Docs working with more usability.

• Reviewed on 8/05/2020
Henry D.
Diseñador gráfico
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"excellent to manage the files of a company, the easy way to share and upload files"

Pros: its user interface is quite friendly, very intuitive when using, the way to share with other users of my computer is great, since I can synchronize my computer with zoho docs, even upload files from my iphone. I really like that you have an online version to access my files from anywhere

Cons: its user interface is quite friendly, very intuitive when using, the way to share with other users of my computer is great, since I can synchronize my computer with zoho docs, even upload files from my iphone. I really like that you have an online version to access my files from anywhere

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Steve L.
Broker
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"Use of Zoho Docs"

Comments: It solved the problem of reducing the difficulty of customers being able to fill in my real estate forms online, as well as offline.

Pros: Very simple to use and very cost effective. Very easy for my online real estate customers to use on my websites. One of the best uses for me is the ability for customers to fill in their responses offline when I meet with them in person.

Cons: The only negative would be that the forms are really plain looking. It would be great if they could be improved with your logo and business colors.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Serpil D.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2018

"Perfect program for any kind of documents and truly reliable."

Comments: quite nice software, most important things is that Zoho Docs is reliable program I can recommend anybody.

Pros: Zoho docs is great program that allows you store documents inside it with easy and secure way. It is really helpful program to upload and download any kind of documents, whenever you want you can find any kind of documents and share with anyone without any delay.

Cons: I do not have any problem with this software generally, but synchronization is pretty slow sometimes.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2018
Binyamin K.
Farmer
Farming, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2018

"Zoho Docs: Easy and Intuitive"

Comments: All in all, I wish I could replace Google Docs with Zoho Docs. I simply prefer using Zoho Docs more. If I had a large company I might do so for internal use. But given that most of the people I communicate with don't use, and have never used Zoho, it makes Zoho a difficult choice as a go to word processing platform.

Pros: Zoho Docs is easy to use, robust, online, and free for up to three users. It offers a feature rich platform not found on platforms that are entirely free. Work is saved automatically on the web so one never needs to worry about constantly saving work or fear losing it. Although its been a while since I've logged onto Zoho, writing this review reminds me of what a good word processing platform Zoho and what I'm missing by not taking greater advantage of the many features Zoho Docs has to offer. Given my personal preference, I'd rather use Zoho Docs over Google Docs.

Cons: The problem with Zoho Docs is that it isn't ubiquitous; whereas Google Docs is. If I want to share something on Zoho Docs they need a Zoho account and if they don't have a Zoho account they need to create one and this is considered a hassle by many, and indeed is a hassle. While more robust than some of its competitors, Zoho Docs is also a bit clumsy.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Megan M.
Director of Operations
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"It's not Microsoft, but a close second"

Comments: I really appreciate having an affordable alternative to Microsoft Office. It does everything we need, but without the high cost of installing Office on our server.

Pros: I love Microsoft and have used the office suite since high school (20+ years). I've always purchased the Office Suite for new computers, and we use them on work computers. But then we got a server at work and even though each employee already has Office on their computers, each employee accessing the server needs an additional license purchased on the server. And I've got about 15 people accessing the server, and there was no way I was paying to put all those licenses on the server. So we went with Zoho Docs and it works great. We're saving a ton of money and the programs have similar features.

Cons: If you're used to Microsoft Office products, Zoho Docs is similar but just a little different. Once you get used to the differences, it works great. I do miss some of the add-on plugins I use in excel (like ASAP utilities) but that's about it.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Founder and CEO
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"A Great concept that is not executed well"

Pros: The benefit of this product is its whole purpose. For their to be a software that houses all of our documents and make them accessible to users. It is even nicer that you can make some files open to some users, but not all of them.

Cons: The concept is there, but the execution falls short. We use a whole bunch of ZoHo products at the office. The issue is that some of them to not make work easier. ZoHo Docs is a perfect example. We are constantly having an issue with it syncing to our computers. It is often easier for a coworker to email the document, instead of putting it into the ZoHo Docs folder. This is because it does not sync easily.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Luis daniel R.
Lead Application Developer
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"A powerful Google Docs Alternative"

Comments: Used it for a while and loved it.

Pros: If you need to be editing documents in the cloud or have them accessible somewhere without worrying about privacy issues, Zoho Docs is a good alternative. You can edit from the phone or website and even share the documents with other people. You can also have a team that can access the files and the free tier gives you a reasonable number of features for the tier. We use it mostly for corporate documents since you can brand or email in documents and we also use it to provide NDA's or password-protected documents with expiration links to customers. While some of the editor features might not be as responsive as Google Drive or Office, it's still really good! You can also chat with your collaborators and view everything on the mobile app.

Cons: Some of the paid features could be free features, like protected sharing and increased file sizes.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Elvis F.
webmaster
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"The ideal complement"

Pros: When you offer the client a professional email and also the possibility of having a folder of your pc and that you can take it everywhere, it is what they have always needed. Excellent for archives documents or important files that you need to present always avoiding the one that you have the memory or something because you will always have it available in the cloud and at your fingertips.

Cons: I really do not have anything in mind that I do not like or least like. It is simple and very easy to use.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Jensen T.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Perfect for having all our bids, contracts, invoices, etc. in one place."

Comments: We have been using zoho docs for about 3 years now, and it makes file sharing, and file backup super easy.

Pros: We love being able to securely access all our documents 24/7 from anywhere. The varying features like being able to share documents with other people in your organization, a text and audio chat in the bottom of every page, and being able to access all the documents right from our email page.

Cons: Sometimes i have noticed issues when trying to switch back and forth between bullet points, and numbering.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Jonathan W.
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2017

"Stellar software"

Comments: The ability to edit and track edits in one place for a variety of document types.

Pros: I love that with ZOHO Docs, you can save, edit and send documents of any origin, which is something that competitors lack , additionally i like the simultaneity collaboration which helps everyone to stay in the loop on tasks big and small.

Cons: The only complaint i have about this software is that after adding larger files , we found that sometimes the loading became slower but that is the only issue i've experienced

• Reviewed on 24/12/2017
Vice President of Sales
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2019

"Best Cloud System for Small Team"

Comments: Our overall experience with Zoho Docs has only been positive and I look forward to continuing to use Zoho Docs for all of our storing and sharing needs as we continue to grow as a team.

Pros: Zoho Docs is absolutely perfect for sharing and storing documents within my team. We are able to upload any documents that we can think of to make sure that they are safe and shared with the entire team. I would highly recommend Zoho Documents to any team that is looking for a cost-effective and easy way to share and store their documents for their small business.

Cons: The one thing that I don't like about Zoho Docs is that there seems to be a bit of an issue with loading up screenshots or other photo type of documents that we're looking to share with our creative team.
Otherwise, the software is flawless and performs at a very high level for our team.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2019
Artificial Intelligent Consultant for Schools | Robotics Big Data IoT Cloud Android iOS App Web Dev
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2018

"Free alternative to google docs business"

Comments: Its free alternative of google docs, docs spreadsheet i use it almost daily and sharing it with others is also very user friendly and hence i use it within my company team

Pros: We use zoho docs in my company for everything and google docs charges for the same features in their business plan but zoho gives it for free

Cons: Nice very close to what google docs provide but at times the loading time is a lot and slow performance when using zoho spreadsheet, formulas are not as good as google docs

• Reviewed on 7/03/2018
William V.
Webmaster
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Organizing and synchronizing"

Pros: I use this software to organize a work folder and keep it synchronized and supported. Its configuration is very simple. The appearance is simple but this allows your navigation to be faster.

Cons: On some occasions it has been difficult for me to download the content in the application. It is depending on the cellphone model.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Pretty good software for document management"

Comments: Pretty useful for me and easy to use. Customer support is also good.

Pros: I use Zoho Docs for document management in our company. We use it for document review and people can modify the document at the same time. Version control is also good for me.

Cons: I can use cell phone to access the documents anywhere and anytime.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Ramin S.
Instructor
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2017

"Just everything you need!"

Comments: Zoho Docs is the best document management platform. Using amazing features which provided by Zoho Docs are allow you good chance to collaborate with your colleagues and also you can access the permissions. You don't have to download all files, just sync some important files and use them offline. Zoho Team had done a great job with that one. I think everyone needs that kind of docs program, so it definitely worth to try.

Pros: Price is reasonable, awesome features which are better than Google Docs in some cases and of course customer service is helpful.

Cons: Actually, I did not see any negative sides of Zoho Docs, but extra new tools would not be bad)

• Reviewed on 17/03/2017
Orlando M.
Webmaster
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"A cloud to complement other services"

Pros: As simple as opening your file browser, add the files you want to backup and automatically everything is synchronized. From the cell phone you can access these files without having to use unnecessary space.

Cons: In my experience with Zoho, it is quite safe. I recommend it to you.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Doriangel M.
Analista de la Unidad Casos de Salud
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"A brilliant choice to leading applications."

Pros: An excellent option that I have been trying for the functions of edition and construction of documents, a quite simple tool that involves the management of what I understand are the most basic functions of office automation, the writing of written text and the elaboration of spreadsheets. Zoho Doc has nothing to envy to the most popular tools, since although a revolutionary software does not fulfill its functions well with a touch of innovation.

Cons: I would like you to be a little more daring in innovation, as you could compete directly with market leaders.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Kayla L.
CSR
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2018

"Online files"

Pros: In search of sharing files with specific users, with this software we could do it. Sharing folders by passwords allows us to show customers the progress of their requests. We use this cloud as an online records.

Cons: I'm doing very well from the PC and cellphone.

• Reviewed on 1/12/2018