ProConnect Tax Online Reviews

• Overall

About ProConnect Tax Online

Cloud-based solution that enables businesses to file tax returns using file sharing, batch processing, user access management and more.

Learn more about ProConnect Tax Online

• Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"Amazing tool and Best online/cloud software for taxes"

Comments: Overall, I think this is the best product out there for remote tax preparers and consultants. I love it and accept it for the minimal flaws I've seen. I also know that they are constantly working on updating and improving the software, so complaints are taken seriously.

Pros: I LOVE that you can perform tax projections for free before committing to purchasing anything! I also love that it is a cloud software you can access anywhere online and it is super fast. One more thing that is a great feature is the connection to Quickbooks Online so you don't have to enter the P&L by hand! It will pull in the data straight from the software (they talk to eachother!)

Cons: All intuit products will randomly log you out without warning or saving your work, so you have to be saving things constantly. I also don't love that you have to pay in bulk based on the amount of clients you expect to have - I'm a new business and don't really know how many clients I'll have yet :(

• Reviewed on 5/09/2019
Principal
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/05/2019

"Good Value for Money"

Comments: Overall, the software is good value for money, tech support is readily available. Good product overall.

Pros: Software has a lot of great features. The functionality is pretty good, however, the Intuit Link can be a bit frustrating at times. Software includes many features designed compliment and encourage a paperless and online (virtual) environment.

Cons: There were instances where certain updates appear to result in diminished functionality. particularly with the Intuit Link. There was a time when users could download all client provided documents with one click, a couple upgrades later, that feature was removed. In my opinion, the Intuit Link functionality does not address the fact that our client base includes users who are still not comfortable with technology use. It is not possible to send paperless copies of business returns to clients, this just irks me.
Some of the tech support folks need a lot more training in the product, and too many of them do not have any understanding of tax preparation.

• Reviewed on 2/05/2019
Tina S.
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2019

"Poor Software Support"

Comments: This is my second (and will be my LAST) year using ProConnect Tax Online. After the first year I had numerous software-related problems and struggled with inadequate and untrained software support. I was assured that this very issue had been addressed by Intuit for the 2018 filing season, and was talked into giving PTO another try. So far, I do not see any changes from last year, and will not be returning to PTO for the 2019 filing season.

Pros: The software is very much like Intuit's more powerful and robust program Lacerte. It is fairly user-friendly, making it easy to just pick up and use without going through tutorials or training.

Cons: Software support personnel are not provided with any training related to tax law or basic tax return preparation, which makes for a frustrating experience as a tax professional. When consulting with support to assist with software and program issues, they give incorrect advice which does not align with the tax laws.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2019
Steven S.
CPA
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"CHARGING FOR PRIOR YEAR TAX RETURNS NOW"

Pros: I have no issues with the functionality. It actually works nicely and has steadily improved over the years

Cons: ATTENTION USERS!!!!!! THEY JUST STARTED CHARGING FOR PRIOR YEAR TAX RETURNS. PRIOR YEARS RETURNS HAD ALWAYS BEEN PROVIDED FOR FREE LIKE ALL OTHER TAX SOFTWARE PROVIDERS. THEY QUIELTYL CHANGED THAT STARTING WITH THE 2019 TAX FILING YEAR. THEY HOPE YOU DON'T NOTICE.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Great opportunity to get first-hand experience before committing...."

Comments: I wanted a more professional and reliable software option vs just utilizing Turbo Tax, Tax Act, H&R Block, etc. I truly think that if I can find a way to justify the expense, ProConnect will be the choice for me. It is straight-forward yet extensive and allows me to feel like I'm offering a more professional and useful product to my clients.

Pros: I appreciate the straight forward and no "fluff" aspect of the software vs other options that are more common like turbo tax and h&r block. Those options hit you with all kinds of unnecessary info and then on top of that if you don't know what you're doing you are liable to miss tax breaks and refund growing credits.

Cons: I'm still trying to find a reliable and similar option to ProConnect because I dunno if my small clientele will be enough to justify spending the money to own the software. I would be thrilled if they offered an option that charged per filed return or something along those lines.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Senior Assoicate
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"Easy to Use"

Pros: Software is very easy to use. I am able to save significant time by saving and returning. I am also able to archive old data, making overall use much easier.

Cons: Wish there were some easier tools to searching for answers to specific tax questions/criteria as your filling out your forms so you make less mistakes and do not have to backtrack. I also wish the fee was smaller.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018