Figma Reviews

4.7 (477) Write a Review!

About Figma

Cloud-based and on-premise platform that enables businesses to create custom designs, share prototypes among team members.

Learn more about Figma

Pros:

There's more and more integrations with other softwares for prototyping, or to help integrations so Figma is the way to go now.

Cons:

It is very difficult to pick up the interface. The initial learning curve is difficult and takes a lot of time to understand the tools and icons, specifically if you are accustomed to Adobe tools.

Figma ratings

4.5
4.4
4.6
4.6

9.1/10

Figma has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 477 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Figma before?

jason
jason
Digital marketer in Cameroon

Figma review 2022

5.0 last month New

Comments: Figma is a magical web template designer that gives me the permeability to replicate my inner imaginations. I love this tool.

Pros:

Figma offers cutting-edge web template design solutions which enable users to go beyond certain proximities. I won't really say it's easy ( because it caused me years to work comfortably with it), but It all depends on the type of mindset you have and the quality of experience you achieve while working with it. It offers excellent collaboration possibilities and has amazing pricing plans with trials attached. I just love this tool cuz, it allows me to create brainstorming IUs which I offer as extra services on freelance platforms.

Cons:

Objects, features & functionalities are too tiny to locate and closed chocked-up. That requires much time to really figure them out. Figma desktop doesn't support Windows 7. Although this might be intended to get users to upgrade to more advanced versions of windows and perhaps enable them with a better work experience, however, some people just enjoy working with Windows 7 (for some reasons) and might not be able to use Figma. From my own perspective, I see this to be a sort of handicap

Dzintra
Freelancer in Latvia
Design, Self Employed

Easiest and the most powerful tool to try!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Right now I have used Figma for more than a year. I started there to learn wireframes, mockups, and so on. This software made it easy to do it because the layout is very understandable. It gives the impression that with a few buttons You can do a lot more than three things.

Pros:

The most impactful thing is the sharing option when more than one user can work with the file at the same time. The files are in big size, but in Figma, I don't have to worry about that. And the plugins, design formats, and templates are the best! They save a lot of time when I'm working on the project. Another benefit is that Figma works great online, I don't have to download anything, and I can continue my work from any PC. One more thing is keyboard shortcuts, if You learn at least a few of them then your already workflow is more smooth. There are so many more pros that I could think of!

Cons:

I really enjoy using Figma, but to be honest, sometimes there would be moments that I feel to use Adobe XD instead, just to be quicker.

Anna
Anna
Marketing in Australia

Terrible Customer Service

Comments: Terrible. Customer service makes my blood boil. The software itself is ok. It's quite complex for an occasional user so I'd not recommend it.

Pros:

Probably has some good features, but I haven't used it enough to really say.

Cons:

Using Figma is not a core part of my work. However, from time to time clients and team members share wireframes or designs with me. To be able to comment or view these designs, at some stage I have created a FREE account. However, as a freelancer, I worked with many clients over the years and some of them give me a business gmail to use while I have worked with them. Because of this, I am unable to pinpoint when I created the account, everyone I might have collaborated with, and what teams I might be a member of. To my knowledge, I only made a couple of personal designs on Figma in the past couple of months. Recently my business structure changed, and my g-suite profile (with custom domain) that I created Figma with is now an alias of the G-suite of my new business. Because of this, logging in via Google profile no longer works. Reaching out to support with the email address that the account was created with is completely unfruitful. The contact person, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is behaving like I am trying to fraudulently access a bank account, and it's not possible for me to answer her questions to unlock my account and access. Some of the questions (not all fit): - Date of account creation (estimated month/year - Approximate number of named .fig files owned/created by the account - Specific names or URLs of 3-5 .fig files - The names of other collaborators on your teams or files, the file or team you collaborate on - The last 4 digits and expiry of your payment method

Adriene
Adriene
Product Designer in Brazil
Banking, 51-200 Employees

the software that changed my collaborative work

Comments: With Figma, we were able to create more collaborative design critiques, more productive developer meetings, and broader file organization.

Pros:

The best thing is being able to open Figma ANYWHERE and have all the files synced. In addition to being able to edit everything thru the browser. It is easy to use, similar to what we've always had in Graphic Design. Also, it is the perfect software to work collaboratively with team designers, product managers, and developers. Prototyping is fundamental for the project's stakeholders. Being able to do all this (and with animations) without changing software is amazing.

Cons:

It could have more image editor options like removing backgrounds and changing colors, for that I need to use another software and then go back to Figma. It seems that some non-solved problems are left to the community to solve with plugins.

Matt
Co-Founder in US
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Design Reimagined!

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Figma is the best design tool I've ever used and I would be extremely disappointed to not have it be part of my workflow. Powerful and seamless.

Pros:

There are few products that I feel as strongly about as I do Figma. Figma is the perfect blend of power and ease of use. It has a much lower barrier to entry than Photoshop with all the power that you still need to produce beautiful interfaces.

Cons:

The only complaint I have about Figma is that it can slow down a little when there are really large images on the art boards or when your artboards are really big.

Ana
Designer & Owner in US
Design, 2-10 Employees

Lightweight program with good features

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, the interface - it's great in all aspects

Cons:

There are some very useful features that are only accessible with paid plugins. Some of them should be a part of the program (in my opinion).

UX/UI Designer in Belgium

Figma is the standard

5.0 last week New

Comments: Designing with Figma is a joy and perfect if you're working with a team of designers and developers due to the amazing collaboration and team management functions.

Pros:

Figma is a great piece of software for designers. It's easy to use, also works in the browser and has great collaboration options. It's currently almost the only design software I use, as I can do so much with Figma.

Cons:

Prototyping and user testing options are a bit limited. I sometimes still have to use third party applications to do some basic user testing.

Marta
Marta
Designer in Spain
Design, Self Employed

Most productive design software I’ve ever used

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I am designing an app for an startup. The work with the tech team is being really easy

Pros:

The autolayout is the best funcionality I’ve ever used in a design tool, not only in a digital design software as well in a print design ones.

Cons:

The layers and frame system. I don’t like it. I prefer the conventional layer and groups system like in another design softwares

UX/UI Designer in Portugal

Community makes Figma even better

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Community made plugins, ease of use, it's very intuitive and because the community around is so big there's never a problem with finding resources online. The software itself is one of the best in the market.

Cons:

The teams/project management is sketchy and confusing, you can only have one Team and then you have to have the several projects inside of that team space if you don't want to pay more. However, in the company I work for, most projects have different teams and it's just a lot of layers to get to the correct file to work on, unnecessarily.

Douglas
UX Design Consultant in UK
Design, 2-10 Employees

The industry standard now

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I moved from Sketch to Figma because of the real-time collaboration. We use it for UX design and prototyping new digital products and services

Pros:

Real-time collaboration with other team members and clients.

Cons:

Finding the right component in an asset library can be problematic

Shaheer
Shaheer
Technical Writer in Pakistan

Figma is Another World Itself

Comments: Smart Animate is one of the most impressive features in Figma. You can create advanced animations using Figma's Smart Animate feature. Smart Animate searches for similar layers and animates the ones with slight differences. This feature also lets you create detailed transitions, parallax scrolling, loading sequences, gestures, and much more. Smart Animate also allows you to preview your prototypes, and share them with others just like design files.

Pros:

Creating vector shapes in Figma is very similar to creating them in other drawing applications. The basic tools of vector design are the pen tool and the fill tool. Figma includes both of these tools, so you don't need to download an external illustration app. To create vector shapes, use the Pen tool to draw shapes or logos. The color picker is located at the bottom of the Stroke area on the right side of the screen. You can play around in a best way.

Cons:

Nothing bad till now, You can mold Figma in any shape you want. You can view the prototype on different devices through the presentation tab. The user can interact with the prototype by leaving comments. The prototype can be distributed as a link or shared with multiple people.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Friendly and easy to use design protyping tool for every UX designer

Comments: Overall I am happy with figma and I might not switch easily to other tool too soon. They have all thing in one application where me and my team create graphics, extract files in png or jpg or svg. And they have good community online that helps whenever you stuck somewhere and that same community contributes for plugins to make life easy for UX designers.

Pros:

I loved the way figma have created their ui as I can use it for website and app prototyping, they provided simple easy to learn tool box which is much similar to other alternative so even if you need to switch to a new prototyping toll you can learn it very easily and start your work. And compared to other bog alternatives figma have free version to support self learners practice industry level designing easily by seeking their guides.

Cons:

I am exploring this tool since 2 years and it amaze me with some of the unique features that I haven't discovered. But I don't like their time consuming real time prototype views if you have lots of screens to made in an app, it makes it too slow to see real time working preview. Also they should provide different screen size optimization option that works on previewing apps.

Yulia
Yulia
Graphic Designer in US

Best for UX and collaboration

Comments: I was skeptical about switching from Sketch to Figma because Sketch worked just fine. However, when I saw how the collaboration works and how easy it is for the developers to build websites designed in Figma, I changed my mind.

Pros:

Figma takes collaboration to the next level: our designers, project managers, and clients comment, ask questions, and correct layouts at the same time. In addition, you can limit the status of each participant without worrying that someone will disturb the harmony in the design. All versions and changes are stored in Figma and you can "roll back" to the right one at any time. I no longer need to store dozens of files on my computer and remember which file had the design with the element that the customer asked to remove and now wants to return.

Cons:

Figma is great for web design, UX/UI, and even making presentations. However, it doesn't fully replace Adobe Creative Cloud, you will still need to use other design software.

Eric R
Eric R
Chief Product Officer in US
Research, 2-10 Employees

Figma is an essential part of our design process

Comments: Figma is an easy to use design system for collaboration. I love how easy it is to collaborate on design elements and store them in the system. Figma is a great way for me to stay organized and productive with my designs.

Pros:

Figma's great sharing tools are a top reason to use this high-quality app. We all go there to get anything that has been created and know it will be on-hand for reuse throughout our apps and dashboards. We use it as a DAM in that way, too.

Cons:

Sometimes the folder structures can be a little confusing but it's manageable.

Luke
Luke
Head of Client Services in UK

It's hard to remember life before Figma

Comments: We were previously using a combination of Sketch, Zeplin and Invision - Figma is all three in one, and more. If you need a tool capable of creating anything from advanced and scalable design systems to facilitating whiteboarding sessions, Figma is the obvious choice.

Pros:

Powerful but intuitive to use Aligned with code development process - easy for developers to reference, comment and lift assets as well as code snippets Always evolving Advanced design system management is easy with Figma

Cons:

It's hard to find any negatives. The presentation of prototypes could have more options for screen size - sometimes you want to zoom out and it's hard to do so since there are present display options

Ganesh Shankar
Ganesh Shankar
Product Manager in India

Very Intuitive to Design Product Wireframes

Comments: Figma is an essential part of our product building workflow. As a product manager, I convert all the ideas to wireframes using Figma and the designers expand upon it to create the UI prototypes for the engineering team to work on. The key benefit of Figma is that it is a one place tool for all our design activities - UX prototyping, Idea Wire-framing, UI assets & guidelines etc.,

Pros:

Figma has a large community that built a variety of plugins, templates and design formats that make the job a lot easier for both wire-framing and prototyping. The product is extremely intuitive with a good exponential learning curve that enables a new user turn professional in a very quick time. It is the best in the market when it comes to integration with businesses. It's strong API support help us connect with a variety of tools including Bravo Studio that help us launch small apps with zero-code.

Cons:

While the community plugins are huge, discoverability of the plugins can be improved a lot from the existing version. The default tools in the app are too abstract that a new-user might find it difficult to create things from scratch. As far as integration is concerned, Figma should have a marketplace for all the interesting integrations that a user can go through and pick the ones he/she is interested in.

Robert
Robert
Head of Marketing in Estonia

One of the best software products on the market

Comments: The perfect tool for advanced designers, for marketers, to get things done fast. Institute it in your company and you will not regret it.

Pros:

I work as a CMO, Head of Marketing or just as a plain Marketer with people of various skill levels and levels of expectation when it comes to design tools. Figma just happens to be the preferred favourite for people at both ends of the spectrum. Both very advanced and experienced designers and complete beginners enjoy it. It is robust, easy and does not take a lot of computing resources to start up the app or to get things done. Collaborating has been made relatively easy and there are plenty of options. I have found myself working with Figma with people with whom I am on the phone, on Google Meet calls or we just watch each other moving about in Figma and leave comments when we have to say anything. It is a new form of co-working - or rather it is the old thing but it finally works.

Cons:

When they start increasing the price of this thing. Watch out. That is the thing to be afraid of - limiting features and raising prices to an unreasonable level. I actually do not want the product to be free but sensibly priced and I am worried it goes down the road of being overpriced by some revenue optimisation geek and overengineered to become slow because too many remote dev teams are working on too many features.

Matthew
Lead UX/UI Designer in US

Unbeatable design collaboration

Comments: Overall, Figma is an extremely powerful tool that allows for next-level collaboration with teams and users and so much more. It is a world class design tool that competes with the very best of the other options out there. I'd even say it comes out on top of Sketch.

Pros:

My overall favorite feature in Figma is the real-time collaboration on design files. This is invaluable to us in collaborating with other designers, product managers, and development teams remotely. The prototyping tools are amazing as well. I have created some pretty complex prototypes and I still haven't reached the full potential of what Figma's prototyping tools can do. The organization features (pages, files, projects) are very flexible. This allows us to create an organization structure the way we need it to work, instead of forcing a rigid structure on our team. Reusable component variants are a game changer! As is auto-layout for making components adapt to the content inside them as it changes (i.e. a button grows as you type text into the label). There are so many more things I could mention too!

Cons:

Some features can be a little tricky to learn. Auto-layout, for example, took me a while to get a grasp of and I'm still not sure I have a full understanding of how to use it.

Paul
Identity & UI Designer in Russia
Design, Self Employed

Figma finally grows into a suitable Sketch replacement

Comments: Figma has grown into a proper design tool rivaling Sketch and XD. It beats Sketch by being available on both Windows, macOS (and probably anything with a modern enough browser) and it definitely beats Adobe XD by having a logical and familiar UI and just working as expected (for some reason I've had troubles with XD every time I tried it).

Pros:

Cloud-based, works on both macOS and Windows, very easy to collaborate and/or share design files across the team or to the client. Coming from Sketch, the UI is very similar and I was able to start designing with virtually no adjustment period. From what I understand, interactive components with independent animation states should be released soon in 2021 — that should make Figma a suitable replacement for the Sketch + Principle stack I use currently. Being able to share design documents, animated prototypes and specs within a single service would be a killer-feature.

Cons:

Subjectively, on my 2012 Macbook Pro 15-inch with Retina the app may run slower than desired sometimes. Overall can't think of anything in particular that I wouldn't like.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

Figma: The Ultimate Design Tool

Comments: Figma has grown over the past years to become a fierce competitor in the field of software design. It has incredible collaboration features and offers numerous photo editing, prototyping and plug in capabilities. Personally at my team use Figma for creating a prototype of our apps by visually mapping out the user interface. For a very reasonable 12 USD a month per user, you can create unlimited projects as well as access nifty business features such as custom permissions for users and an unlimited version history. On top of this there are many new updates coming out each month that improve Figma continuously. For me, it is easy to see why I and many of my co workers have switched to Figma.

Pros:

From the efficient collaboration to the snappy and responsive user interface, there’s simply so many good things about Figma. To begin with, Figma is a web application which makes it is easily accessible for anyone with internet and a computer. Another benefit of this is that there is no need to install updates and that everything sync automatically every time the page refreshes. Then there is the desktop application which allows for the offline use of Figma among other advantages like a customisable colour palette. Furthermore, the constraints and vector networks make it exceptionally easy to manage vectors and customise the finished product. Another reason to consider Figma is the sheer amount of keyboard shortcuts. When I first found the list of keyboard shortcuts on Figma I was astounded and started to learn some of them. I can definitely testify that they speed up my workflow a lot! Using all of these features, I am able to create high fidelity prototypes that I can confidently present to a client and they can see an accurate visual representation of some software. Above all, the most amazing thing is that Figma is absolutely free to use and the business version is at a very reasonable price.

Cons:

There are few problems with Figma and many of the previous problems have been eliminated through monthly updates. One problem is that as Figma is relatively new and the plugin system was only implemented late December 2019, the plugins available for Figma are less diverse and abundant, compared to other softwares which have been around for much longer.

Abdelmadjid
Developer in Canada
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Excellent tool for building beautiful mockups

Comments: Figma has quickly become our main UI development tool.

Pros:

Figma is really focused on Web UI which sets it apart from generalist tools like Adobe Illustrator. I also really appreciate that it is built as a Web app, making it totally platform-agnostic, unlike industry-standard Sketch which is limited to macOS. A lot of effort has been put into how easily assets can be imported, like for instance how adding SVG objects is only a matter of drag and dropping SVG files directly from the local filesystem. Figma really feels and operates like a native app, with all the benefits of an online service.

Cons:

There's very little to dislike about it. I guess the biggest con is that it can be hard to operate in an offline environment.

Content Strategist | Project Manager (Product Team) in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Figma is an excellent choice for efficient design processes and development handoff

Comments: I'm on a UX team for Finance performance solution software. We work on difficult products with lots of unique problems to solve on a daily basis from admin screens to analytics visualizations to bringing excel-like functionality to web-based solutions. Overall, Figma lets us collaborate and work quickly with tight deadlines and agile teams that need to also understand what we are designing.

Pros:

Figma is easy to learn, and available on any computer thanks to its web-based capability. Versioning comes in very handy, as well as commenting, sharing, and fairly user-friendly prototyping features. Figma is affordable, but scalable. You can have a very robust UX team utilizing it. It's a user-friendly wireframing and prototyping power house.

Cons:

While it's easy to use, there's still a learning curve. I was a Sketch user, and Sketch is still faster to design in. Also, if you want a really complex prototype, it can get tricky. And, having a local version of Figma is still cloud-based. So, working offline will give you limited capability.

Jakub
Designer/Founder in Czechia

Extremely flexible Sketch alternative

Comments: I am amazed by Figmas progress and ease of use. The auto-layout feature is ultra-fast in comparison to Sketch and even much more flexible. This paired together with an extensive API makes Figma a great tool for rapid building MVPs and generating sites (and even apps) directly from Figma.

Pros:

The speed which Figma is operating is incredible and the possibility to have it working in any browser is great. The best feature at this point the the very advanced auto-layout function and the benefit of seeing fonts rendered actually in a browser - so there come no surprises later at development time.

Cons:

Shortcuts and plugins are a bit of a pain. You can not remap shortcuts at this point and plugins can be installed and used, but there is no way of "hiding them" or "deactivating" when not used and the menu list gets way too long.

Marketing Manager ¿ Technology in Canada

Incredible

Comments: Amazing. Figma has sped up many parts of our design process and enabled non-designers to contribute meaningful feedback more quickly into the design process. It's also enabled team members to quickly create visuals for things that don't require a lot of design oversight (eg. social media visuals). It gives a lot more power than Canva and at a lower price.

Pros:

I can't believe software this good is available for free. Figma provides every single feature you need to create great user interfaces, advertisements, documents, and any other design you could possibly want to create completely free. We use the paid version of Figma which allows a large number of collaborators as well as a few other high-end features. While there is a bit of a learning curve, Figma is surprisingly easy to learn for non-designers with just an hour or two of video tutorials (I used Udemy). Once you understand how to manipulated elements of your design, even a design newbie can churn out some pretty incredible designs very quickly. This software is a godsend for marketing teams. With traditional creative suites like Creative Cloud, you end up going back and forth with a designer - in Figma, anyone can pop in and contribute their thoughts in real-time. Our marketing design team has moved to doing the majority of their work in Figma now and it's been unreal.

Cons:

A few challenges have popped up with Figma. First, when you begin collaborating on designs in the cloud, there are times where you end up sharing a file with someone who doesn't have a Figma account. I would be nice if files could be more intuitively shared online with people who don't have a Figma account - especially if those people could drop comment pins on designs. Another con would be that because it is cloud-based software that's doing some pretty heavy lifting, it does tend to be more sluggish than running on-premises software with a high-end computer. That said, it's a minor annoyance and something that's probably worth not having to spend thousands on high-end hardware.

Soledad
UX Designer in Chile

The best tool for UI Design

Comments: I started with Figma as a hard user last year, retaking a product designer role after a while of being Design Manager.
I preferred Figma or Sketch because the incredible feature of working online with clients and developers.
I watched all Figma official tutorial on Youtube and read the documentation and I feel able to give some advice after a year of design several products:
Designers has to read the documentation because there is a painful misused of the software in terms of poorly understanding of concepts in components and styles.
When you properly use Figma you can boost the speed of the Front-End Development.
Not recommended for, even when there are plugins for this:
Documentation.
Flows or Information Architecture.

Pros:

Figma not only allows you to work online with your coworkers, also you have the possibility to add a lot of plugins and use resources offered by the community. Also, the trial version it is very comfortable to test the tool in a way you can be sure of you are choosing the right option for you and your team. Integrations with ZeroWheight to document your UI Kits, make of Figma the best tool in these days to work in teams of any size and develop Design Systems for your brand.

Cons:

Maybe it could be a bit expensive for small companies (or freelancers in countries with less incomes like India, or here in Chile) in comparison with Adobe XD or Sketch, but the online feature made it totally worth it. Sometimes has small usability issues and some tools are not easy to be discovered. Also some interface changes are not warning notified and you have to figure out how the change works.