• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About Katana

Smart MRP software for small&scaling manufacturers. Integrates with Shopify, WooCommerce, Xero, QuickBooks, Zapier and has an open API.

Learn more about Katana

Scott C.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees

"Brilliant System"

Comments: Frees up time. Accurate stock levels. Easily see where in the manufacturing process a job is

Pros: Brilliant. Katana has transformed how we managed stock and control manufacturing. The best part is it is simple without unwanted extras that take as much time to maintain as a manual system. Katana is efficient and fast. Integrates well with Xero and Shopify. Highly recommended.

Cons: AMobile App would be brilliant but not essential

by Katana MRP on 28/12/2020

Thank you for the review and happy to be growing with you!

Joshua P.
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"The best for small manufacturing"

Pros: KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable. Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Cons: Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

Danny D.
Operations Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors"

Comments: Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Pros: I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Cons: Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
Jeff H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!"

Comments: I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for 1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)
Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients. I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Pros: Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Cons: It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Thank you!

Elton W.
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Katana has made my life easier"

Comments: My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

Pros: This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Cons: The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

by Katana MRP on 28/12/2020

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

Matt F.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2020

"Katana Review"

Comments: Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

Pros: I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Cons: Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

by Katana MRP on 8/06/2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

• Reviewed on 31/05/2020
Ryan B.
Operations Specialist
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2021

"Amazing Software!"

Pros: I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Cons: Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2021
Winston D.
COO
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2020

"Katana"

Comments: Katana have changed how we look at our stock management as well as our manufacturing.
A lot of the small important things were neglected in the past like wastage management. We can know give the subcontractor near accurate qty's and amounts of what was wasted on a batch.
Overall visibillity of the stock as well as the manufacturing process have improved.
We are very happy with the overall functionality of Katana.

Pros: The fact that Katana is always available and so easy to navigate with saves time.
Our requests for new features like back order handling, serial number tracking and multi currency and warehousing some of them already implemented and some coming soon.
The fact that we response fairly quickly on questions that we have submitted.

Cons: It was probably moving over from a well known package like Pastel Evolution to something not familiar to me; but the transition was seamless.

by Katana MRP on 24/01/2020

Happy to hear your feedback and that the transition has gone well!

• Reviewed on 23/01/2020
Bradley G.
New Product Development/Project Management
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 Employees

"Love this platform!"

Comments: I was having issues accounting for bundled products as well as tracking labor costs in real time. I have enjoyed that Katana has these capabilities. I no longer have to count thousands of products each week!

Pros: I appreciate how much this software has helped me fix my inventory issues! I also love that when I have an issue that I do not know how to resolve, I can schedule a call and get live support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome and extremely relatable!

Cons: I think there could be a little more development with the integration process. It would also be nice to have an onboarding specialist because it is difficult to explain the unique quirks of your business and specific issues you need help with, to a different person each time. I also think the shop floor app could use a little more functionality but I am hopeful they will be adding more features eventually.

Tommy S.
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Katana is a must-have for all startups that handle inventory and their own production."

Comments: Setting up an entire supply chain with little or no experience can be difficult, but Katana has made it straight forward. We've not only learned to control our production much better, but we also managed to improve from the understanding we gained.

Pros: If you use Shopify, than you can easily integrate and sync with Katana. As a very valuable side-effect we got a MUCH better understanding of the overall production activities and their cost. Katana also helps you with reminders of when to purchase certain items in order to keep your delivery dates.

Cons: As someone who have not been in control of production and inventory before, I would have appreciated a free trial that where 4 weeks and not 2 weeks. That said, we asked for some extra time and we got a longer test period.

Annabelle T.
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Inventory Software"

Comments: Getting better and much more a part of our business

Pros: Once our products were in there, we really started to see the power of our small global company as we gained control of inventory everywhere

Cons: We got side-tracked on the materials side of things which looked great on the surface but really just complicated things for us

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Florian P.
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"MRP Software with multiple features (PO, MO, Stock Sync)"

Comments: Katana was really easy to implement and support was quick and effective when needed.
The product is still missing some advanced information fields but it will probably be added

Pros: Intuitive user experience, 1 clic e-commerce integration

Cons: More feature could be added to Purchasing order like Minimum Order Quantity per supplier, checkbox for invoice received and payement

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Liz S.
Finance Specialist
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Great software with helpful support"

Comments: We like being able to track our inventory with live allocation of our raw materials, and the moving average cost calculations are an added bonus. This software helps bridge the gap between Quickbooks and raw material consumption without the need for a full-scale ERP.

Pros: This program is easy to implement and is very intuitive and user friendly. We ran into a few hiccups at the beginning and the support team was very responsive and helpful in helping us remedy our issues.

Cons: There is a limit in the number of SKUs that the software can support - we were able to find a workaround, but ideally the system will support 200,000+ SKUs in the future.

by Katana MRP on 8/06/2020

Thank you for your review!

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Jennifer S.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Loving it so far"

Comments: It's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.

Pros: I am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!

Cons: It's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

by Katana MRP on 1/10/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Henri H.
Non Executive Director
Sports
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall"

Comments: Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Pros: Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Cons: Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

by Katana MRP on 9/09/2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Raivis G.
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"Recomended for made to order businesses"

Pros: Most useful feature for me is to be able to import orders from multiple sources, like Shopify stores. Easily manage all my orders on one place. Also Katana has easy onboarding, just start using it.

Cons: It seems to me that Katana does not meet the price level at the moment, but it is constantly being supplemented and improved. New features are added regularly. Definitely soon it will become the best software in its niche.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
Digital Marketing Specialist
Food & Beverages, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"Every small manufacturer should give it a try!"

Comments: Katana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!

Pros: The features that I really like about KATANA:
-A good inventory control
-Visual production schedule
-Automated re-order points
-Great customer support

Cons: I can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

by Katana MRP on 9/09/2019

Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Andrew A.
Marketing Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Incredible MRP System!"

Pros: I absolutely love Katana and the integrations it have. It allows data to pass through seamlessly and allows my production team close and ship orders directly.

Cons: Not many Cons to Katana, I feel like they may be missing a few small features but I have spoken to them and they have said they are in the works!

by Katana MRP on 18/02/2020

Thank you for the kind feedback!

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Cam C.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2021

"Excellent Inventory Software"

Pros: We manufacture beverages and need to keep track of every component. Katana is very streamlined and easy to use compared to some of the other programs we've tried. Plan to continue growing with them eery step of the way.

Cons: Nothing to complain about at this time..

• Reviewed on 26/03/2021
Steve C.
Plastics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Small business production"

Comments: Very helpful customer service.
Could use more features, which I'm told are in development.

Pros: Helps organise inventory, BOM and production.

Cons: Don't not have enough integration options.

by Katana MRP on 30/09/2019

Thank you for the support!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Malinda C.
COO
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Great Software"

Comments: Katana is great for us to determine our true cost of goods sold as well as keeping our inventory super easy to manage. Having an easy way to maintain our inventory really simplifies our required reporting as well. Katana is just great software that simplifies our business.

Pros: Katana provided all the functionality that we were unable to get from Quickbooks while still providing a reliable integration with Quickbooks.

Cons: We're just starting our journey - so far Katana has everything we need!

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Jen C.
N/A
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"Katana MRP is enabling us to manage inventory and the manufacturing process more successfully."

Pros: Katana MRP is very user friendly - the visual appearance and layout make it easy to navigate and the Knowledge Base provides clear explanations and help. Customer rep and his team are very responsive to our needs and questions.

Cons: Only being able to use a single currency is difficult for us, as we really need to use GBP, USD and Euros.

by Katana MRP on 9/09/2019

Thank you for the honest feedback!

Jared H.
VP Operations
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"The MRP system I wish I'd always had"

Comments: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

Pros: - It's really easy to use
- Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc
- Calculates margin including labor cost
- Xero integration works perfectly
- Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint
- Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Cons: It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Samantha W.
Warehouse Manager

"Highly Recommend!"

Comments: We love it. We use this app to help with our growing business. It has made it so easy to keep up with reordering and be able to manage inventory between two stores! The Katana team makes it so easy to use and offer a lot of help! Highly recommend!

Pros: Ease of Use
Easy Implementation
Reorder Options

Cons: I wouldn't say this is a con- but we are really excited for the bar code scanning option they plan to roll out in 2021!

by Katana MRP on 28/12/2020

Thank you for your review! We are excited to have you as a customer.

David A.
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Just what I needed"

Comments: Overall I have been very pleased. I know have a solid grasp of my inventory and am informed when I need to reorder materials. This has been a real game changer for my business and has allowed us to scale our manufacturing.

Pros: Katana integrates with my Shopify Site very easily and makes bundling products on my Shopify so much easier to track. We also make candles and kits in house. Katana makes tracking inventory so much easier allowing me to know without guess or counting my materials how much of any particular object I can produce at any given time.

Cons: It would be nice if there were barcodes, but I hear feature is coming soon. It would also be nice if I sell out of an object that is apart of a bundle that it would then make the bundle unavailable on my shopify site. I believe this is also in the works.

by Katana MRP on 21/07/2020

Thank you for the review! Indeed, both mentioned features are on our roadmap.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020