Filter by:

• Overall

About Nifty

Nifty is a new-wave project management tool that reduces project cycles and improves team productivity with all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Nifty

Mheljon P.
Mheljon P.
Co-Partner
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Congratulations! You Found The Best PM Software Available!"

Comments: I had the pleasure of talking with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Not only is the software itself extremely value-based, but the customer support that is included also goes beyond expectations. I am happy to support his company, and recommend you do the same!

Pros: Luckily, my team and I were able to find Nifty right before we committed to a competitor which would have increased our overhead substantially. Compared to the 3,000 Dollar Annual Fee + the 7,000 Dollar overhead, it was really a tough pill for us to swallow. Before we bit the bullet, Nifty found it's way to me and let me tell you as a Project Manager and Operations Officer, Nifty lives up to its name. I could go on about the features, but the best part of the software is its multitude of integrations. Softwares like Trello, Basecamp, and Zoom are already integrated. This isn't a PM software your team will just refer to once a day, it's a platform from which your team can not only communicate, but work together and collaborate to complete projects, tasks, and goals.

Cons: The only problem with project management is getting a team to utilize new PM Software. Luckily, the support team is there to make sure your company's transition is as smooth as possible.

Alternatives Considered: Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Pricing. Nifty even offered a lifetime deal which is beyond a good deal.

Switched From: Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Pricing

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
James L.
James L.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/06/2020

"Stands out as a very nice alternative to better known project management and collaboration apps"

Comments: Very good on boarding email series and live chat support is very responsive.

Pros: These guys have built a very well thought-out app in terms of functionality and they have done it in a way that includes a beautiful UI/UX which is not the case with many better known solutions. Things I love so far: * High level of control with project management but simple interface
* Project management alongside team/project chat, create google docs NATIVELY within Nifty, file storage/sharing, shared calendars
* Ability to share some parts and hide other parts of a project with collaborators
* Seems to be designed in a way that makes it a great tool for both technical teams & product/corporate teams
* Comes with native Mac App, Android App, iPhone App

Cons: Would be nice to see more native integrations rather than relying too heavily on Zapier which is pricey.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Trello was the initial trail blazer but then they lagged behind in features and UX. Nifty combines most/all essential project management tools in one place.

Switched From: Trello

• Reviewed on 6/06/2020
Jc V.
founder
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2021

"Best project management app I've used to date"

Comments: Exceptional customer service & customer experience

Pros: Very easy to use and amazing UI. Impressed with the software right out of the box and it just keeps getting better the more I use it. Customer for life.

Cons: Didn't find this sooner and was using other products like Trello/Basecamp/Keepsolid Goals

• Reviewed on 4/03/2021
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2020

"Better than most out of the gate"

Pros: This is the easiest-on-the-eyes, most intuitive PM platform we've tried or used (especially compared to Asana and Notion). Document storage, creation, and management is a breeze. Uploading large numbers of files is lightning fast, and document navigation is super easy. Task management has deep capacity. Onboarding has been a snap compared to other platforms. Devs have built in heavy emphasis on real-time communication and collaboration. Support is super responsive. They have a very active development schedule. Nifty will replace Asana, Slack, and Dropbox Paper for us.

Cons: There is no native print function anywhere. All uploaded files and files created in Nifty have to be downloaded in order to print. This presents companies with an added security issue. In the Files section, pdfs are uploaded as images, so even if you download to print, you just have a png. The Share function for Files only shares to people on your team or onboarded guests. All kinds of system notifications show up in the Discussion streams and there's no way to delete them. The functionality of the Discussions widget is less than the functionality when you click through and expand the Discussions to a full window. So, for instance, you cannot pin a discussion from the widget. This is the least intuitive thing about the app.

Alternatives Considered: Notion

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Notion has terrible task management and onboarding is a nightmare due to the complexity of the platform. We looked at a lot of other platforms and none of them had the kind of document creation and management that we are looking for.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2020
Christopher J.
Product Development Manager & Integrations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"The Best SAAS Tool You've Never Used"

Comments: We are a software development startup that overlaps slightly with an existing successful business. It's been very difficult for us to coordinate projects and communication across the team, and as we bring on new team members, this was becoming more of an issue. Nifty has allowed us to organize our projects/tasks/communications, while providing an approachable interface for even new users. It's awesome. My days are literally better because of Nifty.

Pros: Everything. It's the best UI/UX I've ever seen. Using the tool is super intuitive, and then you find there are even more powerful functions just underneath the surface. Makes it both approachable, easily adoptable, while at the same time being able to scale to meet the new challenges/complexities of your business as it grows. This is the absolute best tool you have never used. Yes it's the best project management tool, but in terms of app design, feature set, quality, interface, customer support and beyond, Nifty is also the best SAAS tool that exists in any niche.

Cons: There is literally nothing I dislike. I found one problem, where I was unable to paste content with bullet points into a Nifty Doc. I reported it, and they already had it as an upcoming fix for their next update. Less than 48 hours later it was fixed. Not only was it fixed, but their support team followed up with me to let me know. Just first class in every single way.

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
Rafael H.
Rafael H.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2021

"Excellent management and collaboration tool!"

Comments: I’ve used them all! For software development, Nifty is hands down the best there is!

Pros: I love the interface. It’s incredibly easy to manage multiple portfolios of projects with all the tools needed to execute initiatives.

Cons: Solid product! No dislikes. The team is doing a great job. Considering this is a newer tool on the block, the team is doing excellent on adding features.

Alternatives Considered: KeepSolid Goals and Basecamp

• Reviewed on 18/03/2021
Adam R.
Adam R.
VP of Product
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Nifty is a Must for PMs"

Pros: Before Nifty we used PivotalTracker. It was a mess. Engineers were duplicating tasks, QA didn't know what was ready for test, and my fellow department heads had no idea what was being released or when it was being released. Then we got Nifty, and everyone had clear visibility to their tasks, deadlines, and what needed to be done. Department heads and partners could plan releases efficiently. It was like everything just started working like it was supposed to. If you build and ship software. You need Nifty to manage your projects.

Cons: Sprint velocity needs to be improved a bit, but it is on their road map. However, its current version of tracking user story points is better than Jira.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Ersan T.
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Great product, replace Asana for me"

Pros: Nifty is a solid product and works great in collaboration, actually it is supported by a great team, i love working with it daily.

Cons: Actually there 's nothing that I dont like about the product and as much as I use it i love it more.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Nifty is much fair than Asana in terms of pricing

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Much fair pricing tiers.

Julie V.
Owner, Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Everything my team needs in one application."

Pros: Nifty has built in both kanban and gantt style project management, team and client chat functionality, native docs and google doc/sheet integration, calendaring and workload management, and other features I haven't even dug into yet. It's saving me and my team from having to switch between 3-4 applications to get the same work done. It's giving clients better insight into their projects and also helping us move the client back-and-forth out of the endless email threads and into project discussions that are easier to track.

Cons: As with any new application, it takes a few minutes to learn your way around but the onboarding process was smooth and easy.

Alternatives Considered: Slack, Notion and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Everything in one place.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Josecar P.
Josecar P.
Digital Marketer

"Beautiful and Functional"

Pros: The UI is simple, beautiful and it includes a dark mode.
I like that you have a homepage for each project where you can see all the assets of the project and how the project is going.
Projects are divided into 3 levels: Project > Milestones > Tasks. Milestones are great because you can divide the project and then focus on accomplishing those milestones that will lead you to finish the project.
You also have a workload timeline for checking if you have empty people or someone is overloaded.

Cons: Even if it's really solid, nothing is perfect, so here some points that would help to improve it:
- Adding a "help" icon/button in each task/subtask would be fantastic. We could link that button to our own documentation. That documentation would explain the process of how to accomplish that task.
That's especially useful for letting new employees how to accomplish something without needed to micromanaging them and also for not so usual tasks where forgetting details is easy.
- Emojis are cool, but please add gifs to the chat.
- Add task groups and task templates, not only project templates. That would give us more flexibility
- Need an easier way to go back to the projects tab from settings. I haven't found the way of doing it, so I need to go to my main URL into the browser tab. Maybe I'm missing something, but if it's that way it's annoying.
- Zoom integration is cool, but there are better options out there. Webhooks for integrating it with Integromat and our desired service would be the best.

Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Milestones, Critical Path and Discussion over Docs won me"

Comments: Milestones, Critical Path, Discussion over Docs

Pros: Milestones, Critical Path and Discussion over Docs won me. I think they are implemented in a very well thought way. All those are essential to anyone want to call himself efficient Project Manager.

Cons: UI becomes a little bit crowded sometimes. But I expected that cause of the may features. Maybe even better design/UX would solve this even further.

Alternatives Considered: Freedcamp, SuiteDash and Plutio

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Freedcamp was slow mobile app was not ready.

Switched From: Freedcamp

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Sainey N.
IT
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Amazing PM tool with a great UI"

Comments: It is really a very powerful PM tool that comes with a lot of feature out of the box.
I am sure every Team will love the collaboration with this tool.

Pros: The first thing I love about Nifty is the Super clean UI.

Cons: Will be great if it was possible to use cname and SMPT.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2020
Kianja J.
Kianja J.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2020

"An Amazing Space To Collaborate With Your Team"

Comments: This is an amazing piece of software. I not only use this for my business, but also to manage school work for my children as we have to conduct school from home during the pandemic.

Pros: I found the Gantt project management style really helpful and intuitive. I love the fact that I can assign tasks to team members, have chats in real time and can conduct video calls via zoom within the software. Kaban view is extremely helpful as we move through projects.

Cons: I would love to use this as an all in one client portal for my accounting business, but this software doesn't have invoicing capabilities.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2020
Ramesh K.
Chief Software Architect
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"The all in one project management tool!"

Comments: Nifty has the best of most of the tools on the market in one place. Our teams productivity monitoring and task tracking experience has improved significantly.

Pros: Automated milestone progress, amazing customer support, beautiful ux/ui. Nifty is a robust product that is super easy to use; focused on eliminating complexity.

Cons: Though this not a con, we would love to have Nifty provide new feature or ability to submit documents for customer approval.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Craig T.
Craig T.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2019

"The best project management software"

Comments: My experience has been nothing but positive. Introducing Nifty into my workflow for client management has been a game changer.

Pros: The ease of use for myself and my clients has been a huge advantage. I love that Nifty has such a small learning curve that I’ve never had to train my clients how to use it.

Cons: No cons now that there’s a way to see the overview of all project timelines. It’s everything I need.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2019
Yaser O.
COO
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2019

"Simple easy to use software, with minor lack of features"

Comments: It is smooth and easy. Best 2 attribute that most of startups like. Genuinely enjoying it, and we are looking for the next update!

Pros: All in one place! the nifty team keeps providing new updates that extends current features. Easy and simple software. They even have mobile application, so you get notifications on the go!

Cons: There are many, but it might change after the date of this review, so double check. My only complain is lack of few features as: Native API for extensions (they support zapier, but it is not the best solution for integrations) and there is no rich text edit feature in docs. (Few days ago they had an update that added 5 features that I was missing. It keeps getting better)

• Reviewed on 8/02/2019
Joseph S.
Joseph S.
Data team
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"Really great software!"

Pros: Extremely effective in creating a clear and comprehensive platform to communicate within the work place.

Cons: I am hoping for more integrations, but more to come in future.

Nathan F.
MD
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Excellent Value for Money"

Pros: Its price point vs features where perfect and this is what originally attracted me to the software I am interested to see what the future holds for the development of this software

Cons: Id like cost certainty about what additional users and storage will cost and a better upgrade path

Nicholas C.
Nicholas C.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2018

"Nifty Review"

Pros: - very intuitive interface
- easy to get up and running
- integrates everything into one application rather than being spread out over various (i.e., Slack, BaseCamp, Dropbox, Trello)

Cons: - pricing mechanism means that it is only a feasible solution for decently sized teams

• Reviewed on 3/12/2018
Christophoros T.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

"Amazing!"

Comments: Everything went smoothly

Pros: Amazing product! It will ease our company's workflow with the customers 100%!!!! Thank you !

Cons: It was very easy the integrtion with my business and did not encounter any problems!

Fernando O.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Just like the name says it."

Pros: I like the way Nifty can keep track of all projects under one roof.

Cons: Nothing so far, the support has been able to help me with all my issues.

Marco V.
Marco V.
Product Operation
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"i love working with Nifty"

Pros: we are able to see the whole picture in one view

Cons: isn't configurable as visual, it would be great

Charity R.
Marketing Intern
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Best work tool I've ever used!"

Pros: It is very user friendly and easier than other tools I've used for my job.

Cons: None! It was perfect! I don't think anything needs to be changed, besides adding extra notifications when documents are posted.

Director of Development
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

"Great PM tool."

Pros: Easy to use and flexible for the entire team.

Cons: Not enough integration, but I see that coming.

Adam G.
Adam G.
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2021

"Fast and helpful PM tool for business needs"

Comments: All in all, I quite enjoy working inside Nifty and using it for almost all of my business projects and tasks.

Pros: For me the most important are:
- time tracking feature for each task, which allows us to track exact time needed to complete certain processes
- internal chat - which is helping us communicate without email,
- kanban and list view - which are essential,
- also swimlane and calendar views - are great additions
- Nifty docs - which allow creating internal documents
- ability to import Gdrive docs and sheets - and to work with them inside Nifty
- nice looking dark mode

Cons: What I'd like to see /or have improved in Nifty:
- improved subtasks - ability to create sub-subtasks
- more dependency options - only basic is available - "if A isn't completed, block B"
- more reminder options - utilizing email and SMS
- Nifty lacks the ability to drag the screen left and right with left mouse button by clicking anywhere (you have to click on the narrow bottom bar and drag your screen this way which isn't v. convenient)

• Reviewed on 11/08/2021