• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5

About Gmelius

We are the 1st collaboration platform that lives inside Gmail and your tools like Slack or Trello. Master teamwork, not another tool!

Learn more about Gmelius

Showing 25 reviews of 37

Felipe M.
Community Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Effective. Do what it say it will do. Simple as that"

Comments: I'm using it for 2 main proposes.
I outreach people in a totally automated way, so I can plan when and what I have to do.
Also I can structure my email as a project manager. Non relevant, archive or send to a different board to store there.
Simplify my life as I have to work with different poeple all day long and keep tracking of that.

Pros: Flexible.
I have a pretty extensive automated flow that I had in mind and it works perfectly.
But at the same time, for some emails, I just set a simple follow-up or to move to a different board for archiving or priority.

Cons: It's not their fault but sometimes some new addons that you want to have in your chrome, crash or make conflits. But it's the same for everyone.

by Gmelius on 2/12/2019

We really appreciate the review Felipe,

It's great to hear Gmelius is optimizing your workflows. And we look forward to supporting more of the SendGrid team.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Gmelius is a must if you are a gmail user.."

Comments: Gmelius is very powerful. I mostly use it for tracking email opens and organizing my inbox.

Pros: Gmelius is fantastic and I use it everyday to simplify my gmail inbox. It give me a wide range of useful tools the make my gmail account more powerful.

Cons: It has so many features that is can be overwhelming. I have not had the time to use it to it full potential but the few things that i use it for are outstanding.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020
Eric D.
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2018

"Gmail is so much better with Gmelius."

Comments: My favorite benefit is how much cleaner the Gmail UI looks. Are the extra features nice? Sure. Many features you don't even realize until they are GONE. There are many benefits -- but easy of use and "not being noticed" are it's best features.

Pros: I love how it makes Gmail cleaner and nicer to use. It adds some really cool features and keeps me from using an email client.

Cons: Cost. But if I am honest, it's worth the money they are asking. With new features being released all the time, it's cool.

by Gmelius on 22/03/2018

Thanks Eric for your nice words and of course, for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us bring more value to our offering.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 21/03/2018
Jake C.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Gmelius is a must have for GSuite Power Users"

Comments: Gmelius has enabled our small team to manage multiple tasks and requests and to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros: Reminders
Send Later
Templates
Email Tracking
Shared Labels
Shared Emails

Cons: Having to use conversation mode in GMail in order to get the most out of the email sharing and collaboration features.

Jouhad M.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Great for Work in teams"

Comments: I was looking for something that would help me do templates and then copy and paste in emails at gmail. This saves you the work of copy and paste. Its already integrated :)/ Love it

Pros: What I like the most is the templates that integrate with Gmail when composing an email. Awesome

Cons: Wish it had a notepad to write notes and small link notepad to send to customers

Hello Jouhad,

Thank you for the review.
You can definitely use Gmelius for much more than templates. You can add private email notes alongside each email. These notes are only visible to you and the team members you reach out to by "@mentioning their name"
You can also use your Gmelius Kanban "boards" which you can access from your Gmail lefthand pane. Our boards are the best to do list in Gmail. :)

Nate D.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Great for sharing labels (folders)"

Pros: Our primary need was to share certain emails among team members. Gmalius makes it fairly easy to create shared labels (i.e. folders) inside of Gmail, giving all team members instant access to emails added to that label. It does much more. This was our only use case for Gmalius and it did fine.

Cons: Functionality isn't always crystal clear. It's not bad I'd say, but there are times you can't figure out precisely what it is doing and why.

by Gmelius on 13/11/2019

We really appreciate your review!
Gmelius does pack a powerhouse of features, many of them hidden out of your way when you don't need them.
Once you've added your team members, the best way to take full advantage of Gmelius would be to set up a session with one of our onboarding specialists.
Feel free to reach out.

Eelco K.
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Good addition for teams"

Comments: We use Gmelius daily for a couple of months now and are very happy with it. Plus we keep finding new features and ways to use it.

Pros: The fact that it seamless integrates with gmail.

Cons: The fact that it needs a separate app on mobile to work.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Maria D.
Chief communications officer
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2019

"Gmelius Review"

Comments: I think it's a good addition to the business.

Pros: I think it's great to track and set email timers.

Cons: I'm not too used to the boards, on the notifications for it, I think there could be more of a bigger notification setting because I do tend to miss them sometimes if I don't check the specified e-mail.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2019
Market Research Analyst
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Can't get any better!"

Comments: I was looking for a software that allows me to track unlimited emails and Gmelius does just that for me!

Pros: In their free version, I can track unlimited emails and it notifies me how many times an email has been read.

Cons: There is nothing about this app that I don't like

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Andrea N.
Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2019

"Make Gmail work your way"

Pros: I do love the ability to customize many aspects of gmail that overwise I couldn't.
And I especially like the ability to add reminders and add notes in email.
I'm not using the tracking functionalities as I'm used to Yesware for that.

Cons: I got it in the early stage and it was a one time fee. Not sure if I could justify paying a recurring fee for this.

by Gmelius on 29/04/2019

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback. It's very important for us.

For the past few months, Gmelius has evolved a lot. Along with reminders and notes, you can now create personalized email sequences and templates that can be shared within your team, as well as email campaigns with detailed activity streams. Besides, Gmelius offers a full collaboration suite that includes shared inbox, shared Gmail labels, kanban boards and much more. Feel free to visit our website and chat with the team.

Kind regards,

• Reviewed on 16/02/2019
Juan M.
Especialista en marketing digital
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2019

"Great Gmail integration, love the 'sequence' feature."

Comments: It is a great everyday tool to follow up tasks.

Pros: It has many features that are really great. One of the most powerful ones is the 'sequence' feature, that permits to create marketing automation chains of emails. Also the way Gmelius lets you configure your inbox in Gmail is something else.

Cons: Now and then you have to re-authorize the chrome add-on and that can be a little annoying, but is a small thing.

by Gmelius on 11/11/2019

Hi Juan, thanks a lot for reviewing us. We highly appreciate it!

Normally, you don't have to re-authorise the extension. Feel free to contact us on our website, the tech team will be happy to help you out.

• Reviewed on 2/04/2019
Andrew I.
Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/03/2018

"Excellent, reliable extension for Gmail users with great functionality"

Pros: I can no longer use Gmail without Gmelius the snooze function especially makes a huge difference to my workflow, and the email tracking features have been surprisingly good to have! As a company, Gmelius seem willing to listen to the needs of their users as well, which has has a postive influence on my experience with the software

Cons: Occasionally I was having issues with Gmail being slow to load into Gmail, however, it seems to have improved significantly over the past few months. The UX of the previous 'To Do' feature wasn't great, but they have recently removed/changed this.

by Gmelius on 9/03/2018

Thanks Andrew for the review.

We're glad you're able to help you streamline your email communications and business workflow! There is always room for improvement, and your feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
the Gmelius Team

• Reviewed on 9/03/2018
Chloe H.
Customer Success Coordinator
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2019

"Makes Gmail more useful for business emailing"

Comments: I am only using basic features of Gmelius so far, and already it has given me more flexibility in my business emailing. And there is plenty of room to expand and increase what I can accomplish with it.

Pros: It makes Gmail more useful for a business. You can track emails, create templates, schedule emails, and more. Even if you only use a few of the features, it gives you more control and flexibility in Gmail. It is just adding on to something I am already established in, so I can build on what I already use instead of learning something completely new.

Cons: I wish I could turn off the setting that blocks other email trackers. Sometimes I wish correspondents could see that I have received or read their emails.

by Gmelius on 3/05/2019

Hi Chloe, thank you for your feedback and time. We highly appreciate it!

It won't be possible to turn off that setting, as the blocking of trackers happens in the background of your browser and we have no way to identify a specific user and thus load a specific list of IPs/domains to white-list at this level. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat. Our tech team will be happy to provide you with more details.

• Reviewed on 7/02/2019
Ashique I.
Head of Operations
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Has some awesome features"

Comments: this is a great tool for scheduling emails and sharing emails..
cant ask more than that

Pros: it has some exact features that we were looking for
- send letter
- read receipt by the recipient
- share emails easily
- notes against the email

Cons: it is trying to have CRM like feature email sequence etc there are other stacks of applications that does those a lot better. It feels an overkill hence price seems high

Director of Marketing
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Gmelius? Easy Learning Curve"

Comments: It has helped us communicate and be on top of the daily unexpected todos

Pros: Easy to assign task to the team
You know the status of the email and response from the assigned person of that task
Cost. Very Reasonable
Less back in forth emails

Cons: It is more me than Gmelius Using the Board view. I would use it more if all my emails were visible and then sort them to the right board. I work in Gmail all day.

Kimberly K.
Director of Ministry Development
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees

"Great product"

Comments: I like the idea behind Gmelius and it is helpful for what I use it for. I don't think I am getting the most out of the product due to lack of knowledge and confusion.

Pros: I love that I can see when people read my emails, as well as schedule campaigns or individual emails to go out later. I also love that I can snooze emails to respond to it when I am available.

Cons: Some of the features are confusing and frustrating. Sometimes when I am working on a campaign, it won't let me send it because of some unknown error and I have to redo the whole thing.

by Gmelius on 16/12/2019

We really appreciate your review!

And we definitely want you to maximize Gmelius to its full potential. Feel free to contact us if you would like a walk-through demo. Gmelius has tons of features that could benefit your team.

To your team's success,
Team Gmelius

Head of Product
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great mail tracking"

Pros: Revamps Gmail UI, making it much more powerful. Mail tracking is reliable.

Cons: Subscription based, an one-time-payment option would be nice.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Renan R.
Scholar Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Good enough!"

Comments: Actually, gmelius is a great colaborative experience for those who use gmail to management teams and external and internal demands from company and customers.

Pros: Colaborative tools that help teams to do more using Gmail.

Cons: There are some lag to use on low network band.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Laura S.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Gmelius is a huge timesaver"

Pros: I love that I can easily share gmail labels with my staff, so that I don’t have to forward emails to them.

Cons: Scheduled emails show up in gmail draft folder rather than a separate scheduled emails folder.

Jürgen S.
Chief Innovator and Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2019

"GMelius - More Control over Gmail"

Comments: GMelius is one of our "must have" Gmail plugins that makes us much more productive with email.

Pros: The ability to remove emails from inbox to have them return at the time when they need action; templated emails; sequences.

Cons: Sometimes the plugin doesn't load automatically.

by Gmelius on 3/05/2019

Thank you Jurgen for your kind words! We highly appreciate your feedback.

Kindly ensure that your browser is not configured to clear your browsing data whenever it closes. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat, we'll be happy to help.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2019
Ryan W.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Great Features for Gmail or Inbox by Gmail"

Pros: Gmelius adds great cosmetic and productivity options to by Gmail and Inbox such as tracker blocking, cosmetic customization

Cons: Nothing much bad to say about it. There are lots more features if you are willing to pay for them, but having the free version does enough for me.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Victor A.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Works great but its expensive"

Comments: Super great but expensive.
We will continue using it. But we are opened to test new solutions if they are cheaper.

Pros: My company tested many shared labes softwares for gmail (cloudhq, hiver, tandem and labelizer)
Gemelius works great and much better thang the others. From our point of view.

Cons: Its very expensive for its functionality.

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your review.
We will make sure to continue delivering the value you expect from Gmelius. Although, we are not the cheapest we do strive to be the best.
More exciting things to come...

Steven V.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Gmelius helped our Agency a lot"

Comments: It can't be much better.

Pros: I've been looking for something like Gmelius for a very long time. It has helped our artist agency a lot ever since we've started using Gmelius. It has automated our workflow and saved us thousands of hours of sending manual mails and follow-ups.

Cons: Would be great to be able to use variables in the automated follow-up flow as well.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2019
Aery G.
Translation & Localisation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Good functions but lousy speed"

Pros: A lot of functions that are usable in our business practices

Cons: It really slows down our whole email reply processes

by Gmelius on 13/11/2019

Hello Aery,

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Gmelius is actually known for its performance. There may be a conflict with one of your other plug-ins. Please feel free to reach out to our support team to get you back up to speed.

Karen H.
WordPress Consultant & Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"One of my favorite Gmail Apps!"

Comments: My beloved email program shut down at the time Newton and I was in need of a new way to manage my inbox. After testing other email applications I decided to stick with the native Gmail system. I knew Chrome had a lot of extensions and after a few searches, I came across Gmelius. Its been pivotal in helping me run my business and now I use it every day to manage my inbox.

Pros: The tracking feature is my favorite you can get notifications when someone reads your emails. Which is handy as a business owner, you want to ensure that the recipient is receiving information. Another great feature is the snooze, email templates and a slew of other nice features.

Cons: I wish Gmelius could be used in other browsers besides Chrome and I also wished there was a mobile app. I think they are working on it, but I would love to see that soon.

by Gmelius on 29/04/2019

Thank you Karen for your kind words. We highly appreciate your feedback and the time you've spent to write it.

Besides Chrome, Gmelius is also available in Safari, Opera, and Brave browsers. As well as on mobile, both for iOS and Android.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019