• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.9 /5
    4.8 /5

About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your Payroll, Benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern platform.

Learn more about Rippling

Liz K.
Controller/HR Manager
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021

"Rippling does one thing well - sell subscriptions! And they will LIE about ANYTHING to hook you!"

Comments: One of the worst experiences ever. Don't waste your time and money.

Pros: From a user standpoint it is pretty simple to figure out.

Cons: First of all, implementation is you wasting 2 grand, because your own staff will have to spend their time figuring out how to implement the company. A couple of 15-min zoom meetings and email exchanges linking us to videos were all the help we got. They wouldn't even help with pretax/posttax set up questions! When we complained, they called it 'client driven'. I've personally been through multiple payroll company switches and all of the others exported what they could from the existing provider, set up the entire shell, then worked with us to figure out any tweaks and changes before going live. We expected at least 80% of the work to be done by Rippling, not 2%. What did we pay them for? Next, everything they lied about!! We had lists of non-negotiables like expedited one-day payroll processing, custom restrictions down to the field in profiles, reporting to multiple supervisors who can each approve time off requests, setting up deductions automatically that only happen the first payroll of each month... we were told yes to all of these, and these were all lies. They even went so far as to tell us everything isn't available in the sandbox demo so that is why some functions didn't work, when in reality they don't exist. Customer service sucks. Before we signed, we asked if we could cancel at any time if we were not satisfied, and yep this was another big fat lie. We are now having to lawyer up to get out of the 'annual' contract that supposedly was month to month.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2021
Deborah H.
Human Resources
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2021

"Best decision I made all year!"

Comments: My goal when looking for a HR software was to find something that would integrate our multiple systems (Deputy, Payroll, benefits, etc.) and save time by streamlining processes as well as having an organized place for these systems to integrate together. Integration was a breeze as well as using the system day-to-day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Pros: Once the software is implemented maintenance is a BREEZE! Executing onboarding, payroll, benefits, any changes to employee profiles, etc. take moments instead of minutes or hours. Rippling sends out emails that are relevant and helpful (eg. policy changes) I also appreciate that Rippling continues to improve and add to their available apps for integration and services they provide within the platform.

Cons: Rippling has a great help center with step-by-step instructions of how to do everything on the platform as well as a chat feature with helpful people available. I wish there was a number where I could call someone easily. Even though there are instructions that are available and really well executed, there are times where I'm in a pinch and don't have the time to look through the resources and during those times I wish there was a number available to talk to a person for a brief phone call.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2021
David B.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2019

"Great integrations save hours, easy to use"

Comments: Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll.
Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros: Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees.
LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management.
Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons: Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days.
Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

by Rippling on 18/10/2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

• Reviewed on 11/10/2019
Matt D.
Founder & CEO
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Rippling is exactly what you need."

Pros: Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons: I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Rachel S.
Human Resource / Recruiter
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees

"Rippling is great!"

Comments: As a growing company, we are implementing new rules and procedures and with that, we need a software that can suggest ideas and have the ability to do what is needed. If there are any questions on what we should do as a company, Rippling is there to help.

Pros: Rippling is overall a great application that is easy to use and the integration was also straightforward. From onboarding to time and attendance, the product is easy to navigate and ensures we are implementing the correct processes.

Cons: There are a few small development issues that I have come across that Rippling is actively working on. Nothing has been specific enough to announce.

Maria D.
COO
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2020

"Life Saver because is so user friendly one stop shop for everything we need to run the Company."

Comments: Our payroll, onboarding, and Off-boarding has been extremely easy as well as integrating several apps in just one platform to conduct our business proficiently and efficiently like never before we totally love it it’s just so complete.

Pros: We enter the information just one time, so easy to use to customize, all the integrations needed to efficiently run our company.

Cons: I really liked it a lot from the very beginning.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2020
David B.
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2020

"Best HRIS/Payroll Platform I've found"

Pros: After an extensive review of payroll/HRIS tools we opted for Rippling as we found it to be the most modern platform out there. It eases onboarding/contract signing/IT tool setup and I love that we can pay our international contractors through a single interface.

Cons: I wish we could use it for our employees employed by one of our international subsidiaries but right now Rippling only handles W2 payroll in the US. Sounds like they are trying to partner up to solve this challenge, though.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2020
Cameron S.
CEO & Co-Founder

"Rippling is Awesome"

Pros: Rippling's entire platform is very cohesive and easy to use. Coming from a disaster of a solution before, we have been able to get our issues resolved and create a much more fluent experience for all staff!

Cons: Time and Attendance still has a few bugs, but is to be expected with a beta software!

Devnie A.
HR Admin
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/03/2021

"Great Software!"

Comments: Overall, it has saved so much time with onboarding and managing employee information/time off/benefits, etc.

Pros: I love how it integrates to other programs such as TSheets and Microsoft; now I only need to create one profile for an employee and then the information "ripples" down!

Cons: Creating some payroll reports, perhaps we need more training on this.

• Reviewed on 3/03/2021
Zach M.
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Time Saver!"

Comments: Great! The software was just as easy to use as some of the other online platforms (ie. Gusto), but has allowed us some additional functionality and time savings.

Pros: How easy it is to use. We have payroll runs with ever changing deductions and having the ability to manage/adjust non-recurring deductions in one table view has been a giant time saver. The product also makes one-off/non-traditional payroll runs extremely easy and the step by step guide ensures they are run accurately and with the appropriate taxes.

Cons: Occasionally support response can be delayed. However, this has only ever happened when we have questions regarding abnormal or complex transactions (ie. certain tax treatment on non-cash equity compensation transactions)

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Kate C.
Customer Care Rep
Cosmetics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"HR for the Modern Team"

Comments: I enjoy using the software. I like chatting with teammates in the "watercooler"

Pros: This software is easy to use and intuitive. It's also clever and smart and I love the little images they've chosen. It's the perfect software for a modern company, bridging the gap between boring old punching in software and an apple-like present day feel.

Cons: I wish the out of office part would show when someone was only out for part of the day, but that is pretty minor.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Top notch HR, Device Management, and more without needing a team"

Comments: We needed device management, initially, and Rippling was the best option at the best price when we did our survey of competitors. When we started using the onboarding and app management components as well, it showed its true strengths and basically eliminated the need for at least one if not two roles I've had to have at previous companies while we scaled headcount.

Pros: The automation that the various apps provide helps ease a lot of work, from setting up emails to providing custom access to specific apps and groups within them. The device management is excellent for our purposes, and the x-platform (windows/mac) capabilities allow us to give employees the device they most prefer while still maintaining our security posture.

Cons: We use a PEO so can't integrate with their payroll, wish we could.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Tracilyn B.
Sales Development Representative
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2020

"Smoothest replacement for HR ever"

Comments: Benefits departments can be trimmed to the barest bone with a functional and useful HR tool like Rippling.

Pros: I recently got married and had to update my tax filing status and a few other personal tidbits. With Rippling, it took less than 5 minutes to get everything figured out; what is more impressive was that the program also included helpful hyperlinks such as the IRS tax estimator that I didn't think to use beforehand since this is my first marriage. My spouse, on the other hand, couldn't update anything without scheduling a "special meeting" with HR/benefits--who happen to sit right behind her since she also works in HR on the recruiting side. She works for an extremely large company, and the processes that clunk up her day for minute updates such as this are extreme, in my opinion. I jokingly told her that she should refer Rippling to her HR department.

Cons: There's honestly little I would change. The platform is customizable for users to an extent. Don't want to have you pay stubs emailed to you? You can update that. As a user, I don't have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2020
Fae D.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 1/09/2020

"Great product for smaller growing companies"

Pros: The integrations for this product are so convenient & have saved our team so much time.

Cons: The support can be a little lacking, but luckily we haven't needed extensive help.

• Reviewed on 1/09/2020
Alec D.
Full Stack Engineer
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Rippling Provides Needed HR/IT Integration"

Pros: Every company I have worked for has struggled with integrating HR & IT onboarding and offboarding processes. Typically, companies will have to resort to a spreadsheet of software and services. I really like that Rippling integrates SAML and other utilities like SSH key management. I also really enjoy the HR experience, the Payroll dashboard is really nice. The benefits dashboard is extremely clear and accessible. Overall, I've been really happy with Rippling.

Cons: They are a relatively new company and sometimes the occasional bug pops up, like an app bug I ran into when putting in the two factor code. I haven't run into any showstoppers so far and overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Devon C.
ceo
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"rippling vs. gusto, no contest rippling wins."

Comments: would recommend to anyone vs gusto or zenefits(which has awful customer service) - you speak to someone you get an answer vs. other programs which reroute you to someone new who has no idea about your problem.

Pros: customer service is top notch with rapid responses to questions. can link up to other apps very easily which is fantastic.

Cons: would love to incorporate PTO into a team calendar in the site

by Rippling on 26/07/2019

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You actually can customize and share your PTO into a team calendar. See https://help.rippling.com/pto/calendar/. If you have any questions, just reach out to our support team.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Jeremy S.
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2021

"Great HR software choice for small businesses"

Comments: Extremely positive

Pros: Rippling integrates payroll, benefits, device management, and security in a way that makes it so much easier to administer a small startup. The tool is simple to use and well designed, and it is very strategically useful.

Cons: We want to see more benefit options in the future for health insurance plans. There is only one choice at the moment, which works well nationwide, but we prefer to have more options. This is a new feature and integration rollout, so we are happy with how Rippling are approaching it at this time.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2021
Katherine L.
Sr Brand Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/10/2019

"So convenient!"

Pros: I liked that it took care of all the on-boarding prior to my start at my new company. It was such a pleasant surprise to come in on my first day and not have to spend the first half of it filling out paperwork to get myself into the system. Furthermore, it was really great to be on payroll from day 1 instead of having that awkward gap in time with no income that is typical in switching careers.

Cons: I wish there were previous documents for health insurance. To clarify further, when electing my health insurance plan, I was given 3 options. After I selected my preferred plan, the other options were no longer visible to me and I wish they were; I am having second thoughts on the plan I chose and would like the information I once had available to me still accessible after my choice.

by Rippling on 4/10/2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. Regarding your health insurance comment, wanted to make sure you're aware that a. if this is Open Enrollment and OE is still open, your Rippling admin can always open it back up for you in product, or you can download Summary of Benefits and come back to make elections before the deadline passes. Reach out to your admin or [email protected] for any questions.

• Reviewed on 1/10/2019
Nicholas B.
Director of Business Development
Computer Games, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2020

"Rippling is streamlined"

Comments: My experience with Rippling has been nothing but positive thus far. Very happy!

Pros: Rippling has a modern interface, is responsive, and is easy for employees to navigate. In particular, comparison of benefits plans is easy and enrollment/setup was easy as well. Our company switched last year from Zenefits and I prefer Rippling. Emails are also well-crafted and to the point.

Cons: The profile does not provide a significant amount of information and from what I've seen there is no organizational chart feature built in. These aren't requirements though and are by design.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2020
Evan J.
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2020

"Rippling Saves us Time"

Comments: We've been with Rippling since they first launched. Their support is extremely responsive and we've seen a lot of our feature requests implemented into the product. It was already great, but it keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

Pros: Rippling saves us a lot of managerial time. It saves the most time of some of our key executives, which is extremely valuable.

Cons: We don't use some of the IT related features, but everything else we love.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2020
Nicole G.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2018

"Excellent Resource for Small Businesses"

Comments: Absolutely fantastic. Although there are areas for improvement, every time I reach out to Rippling with a request for help or new feature, I always get a positive response. If it's not already in the pipeline for development, they're more than willing to consider for future releases. I cannot recommend this application enough.

Pros: I can manage my payroll, insurance/benefits, onboarding/offboarding, software & hardware deployment all through one interface. The document retention feature is absolutely amazing. Having new hires and current employees digitally sign documents and then store those docs in Rippling is an amazing timesaver and takes a lot of the headache out of tracking down slowpoke reviewers.
Payroll in itself is a breeze. We've had to incorporate into multiple states as we acquire more remote employees and Rippling has guides for employer account creation for all 50 (from what I can tell, at least!). Not only that, but it's a single flat monthly fee to run as many payrolls as you need.

Cons: The formatting on the doc builder is a little glitchy and you don't have many fonts to choose from. While the software integration is an amazing feature, it's not always applicable to the accounts our team maintains. Sometimes the SaaS provider will require you to use an Enterprise+ account to take full advantage of the integration... obviously not something Rippling can control, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2018
Ian R.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"Great Management tool"

Comments: It's been great! Makes my life easier knowing i can view my benefits and payroll info in such an in such a simple yet effective manner. Will likely recommend this software to future employers if they aren't currently using it.

Pros: Just a great way to organize all of my health benefits and payments. I've never had a piece of software consolidate all of those things in one place thats presented in such a simple way.

Cons: Really don't have any gripes with the software from i've used it

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Sana H.
Director of People
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"One-stop-shop for all your People needs"

Pros: I love that we don't have to create accounts in multiple systems. Using Rippling, we can create one account, and allow the app to take care of the rest. This frees us up to do more meaningful things with our time, and reduces the administrative burden for onboarding and exits.

Cons: I wish there were more HRIS features (e.g. individualized signature capability, ability to append time-stamped notes to personnel files). I'm loving the new Employee Home beta feature for sure. More like this stuff, please!

by Rippling on 26/09/2019

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback, we're constantly making improvements so look out for new features!

• Reviewed on 20/09/2019
Anthony A.
Founder/Executive Director
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2020

"Rippling Setup and Launch Review"

Comments: My business development director has taken the lead role in setup and rollout of Rippling including migrating from our previous payroll service. She has done nothing but rave about how well this process has gone, and she keeps finding additional ways Rippling will add efficiencies throughout our administrative and HR management. Rippling has delivered on what they said they'd provide and then exceeded those expectations in our dealings with them to date.

Pros: Relative ease of setup. Friendly and Timely responses to questions and problems that arose. Very clearly stated workflows

Cons: tech management for Apple iOS devices isn't online yet.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2020
Renee S.
Accounting Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"User Friendly Payroll and HR System"

Pros: Rippling is extremely easy to get set up and to use. They have help screens to walk you through the steps in getting things done. For example, to set up our Unemployment Insurance account for integration there were screen shots from the state's website that showed me exactly what to expect as I complete the setup.

Cons: The NetSuite integration setup didn't completely track with how we have NetSuite set up. I had to define categories that we don't use to complete the setup. This is an area that I may have to re-visit after seeing how the data files look over time.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020