15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Bubble

Bubble is a full-stack platform for building, designing, launching, and hosting web applications – all without needing to write code.

Learn more about Bubble

Pros:

Beyond satisisfied with the ease of use and speed of websites built.

Cons:

At first I had problems with understanding it. I suggest a more specific manual.

Bubble ratings

4.2
4.3
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Bubble has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 327 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Bubble before?

June
June
Co-founder in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Bubble gets you a website fast!

5.0 last month New

Comments: For an entrepreneur Bubble is a wonderful alternative to hiring an espensive developer who takes alot of work to make changes with.

Pros:

I liked that as a founder I could easily design with a college student what I wanted to to look like and I found a competent developer who made the mvp. After the mvp a local designer/developer has been redesigning and deploying a wonderful marketplace search engine.

Cons:

Sometimes Bubble goes down but I believe it's quickly fixed.

Laurie
Laurie
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Like using Figma to design an app but it's functional

Comments: If you have good ideas paired with the time and desire to learn how to build your own app in Bubble, it is a fantastic, very empowering tool. Developing apps is hard, but Bubble makes developing an app without prior app development experience a lot less painful than you might expect. It definitely helps to tap in to the community for support and tutorials.

Pros:

Plain language expression composing and drag and drop design.

Cons:

My own inexperience with app logic has been the only difficulty using Bubble.

Adolf
Head of development in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Why Bubble.io is highly over priced

Comments: The software is great except for the new responsive builder that's horrible and the extremely high hosting fees. Especially now that the rand/dollar has worsen. Imagine paying $16,000 dollars a month for your software. Does that make sense to you? That's what it's costing us and it's ruining our and many other business that are really good at developing software.

Pros:

It helps us build software for clients with way less developers on a project due to bubbles ease of use and speed to develop complex platforms.

Cons:

What bubble makes up in speed of development it reduces the scalability of it. Bubble is 10X more expensive than any other software we use. Bubble costs us more in hosting than our office rent making it almost impossible for us to sell it to a client and we have lost a lot of clients due to bubbles expensive rates.

last year

Hi Adolf, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with our platform and pricing; I've passed along your feedback to the team. And if you're still experiencing difficulties with the new responsive builder, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Success team – we'd love to help you. You can also browse educational resources on our Academy, or ask questions on our Forum. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Duarte
CEO in Portugal
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Easy of learning if you already have some basics

Comments: Very good. Always eager to learn more and curious to know what will be the next releases from the team!

Pros:

The flexibility. You can basically build anything.

Cons:

The content of the learning center and from video tutorials are only for beginners when you start already dominate bubble but you still have lots of room for improvement is quite difficult to find content

Julie
Julie
Bubble developer in France
Computer Software, Self Employed

A great no-code platform to build MVPs and more

Comments: I started Bubble to build my company's app. Now that it's up and running I'm a full time bubble freelancer. I really love my job, I work on a lot of different apps and it's a real pleasure to open my bubble editor every day. My clients are super satisfied.

Pros:

What was most important for me at the beginning is that you can really build anything you want. I tried no code platforms before but there was always something that I couldn't do and my clients were disappointed. Now with bubble anything they ask, I can build. With the new responsive engine it's super easy to build beautiful apps in no time that work on all devices.

Cons:

I think the learning curve is pretty steep. When you start you immediately see the potential of Bubble but to achieve what you really want, you need to work a lot and learn a lot.

Jordan
Jordan
Co-Founder in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Changed my life

Comments: Totally transformed my career. I am so grateful to the bubble team!

Pros:

Absolutely the best nocode tool on the market. Totally changed my life. Allowed me to build a valuable software company as a non-technical founder.

Cons:

There are weaknesses, but the pros FAR outweigh the cons.Xano.com and TheBDK.com really shine where Bubble is sometimes weak.

Automotive, 201–500 Employees

Best Full Stack Website builder

Pros:

It's the only no code builder that includes a great database built in, this allows us to create all the website with only one tool. Coming from a development background it's really easy to use.

Cons:

You don't own the code and everything is hosted in Bubble servers so you depende on them.

Jose Ramon
Owner in Mexico
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

José ramon

Comments: I like it, I stared to use it two weeks ago and I already started a live project

Pros:

Al the possible things that you can do in the platform

Cons:

It’s hard to understand all the data queries

Dakota
E-Learning, Self Employed

Bubble is great but has lots of room for improvement

Comments: I like the platform and will stick with it for a while. Bubble offers much more control over competitors.

Pros:

Bubble is good enough but has lots of room to grow. I'm optimistic on their future.

Cons:

Requires lots of workarounds and is missing some features like mobile development for now. Documentation for newcomers to the platform could be improved.

Raquel
Co-Founder in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Great option for startups, if you can learn it!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I used the coaching service to connect with experts to help me with really difficult problems. But overall I used the wealth of online tutorials and the excellent forum to help with creating my app. Very happy to just be working on UX fixes now!

Pros:

I used Bubble to create the app that runs logistics and operations for my startup. In order to get the app off the ground, we would've needed to pay thousands of dollars that we didn't have to have professional coders create the app for us. I took the imitative to learn and code through Bubble, and we saved so much money creating the app ourselves. Now it works and we are launched!

Cons:

There is a learning curve for sure, but once you get past that you can create anything.

Alex
Codenaut in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Bubble is almost allmighty, just needs a more complex conditional logic for workflows :)

Comments: We are creating a web app for libraries, for managing and access recourses. Part of this involves transferring or communicating (with API) information from our current internal business application (based on Filemaker). We were trying even to replace part (if not all) of this internal app into Bubble, because of all the powerful things previously mentioned, but the lack of complex logic/expressions also mentioned, forces us to resign for now and keep developing both application environments (communicated via API) and duplicating data, which makes it much more difficult and inefficient than a single environment.

Pros:

1) Design flexibility: the freedom of working with a blank space, which requires probably more time investment and craft building in both design and workflows, but allows a lot of flexibility and almost limitless possibilities. 2) Data relationship: the logic of the database, where instead of relations between tables, it works with fields as objects to access records in other tables. In the beginning, was hard to get used but once I got it, it is just a superpowerful logic. 3) Privacy/access settings: the privacy rules, workflows and hiding properties which combined allows making parts of the app and database public or private for specific users, and therefore for public webs, internal apps, customers apps.

Cons:

It’s major achilles heel for me is the expression system, both for allowing more complex logic and better expression editor (right now is a mess editing an existing dynamic expression). Implement a good condicional logic (case, if) along with internal expression variables (let) would allow making almost anything. This is really a huge thing, it is difficult to describe how this impacts or may impact an app, the complex logic and expressions (complex conditional expressions, better editing, variables) is the 50% of a complex real application. Improving this, would make Bubble a fantasy, a total killer solution.

3 years ago

Hi Alex, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you are enjoying being a Bubble user. Our team is constantly working towards improving the expression system, so we really value your feedback on that front. I've actually gone ahead and submitted your suggestions to our Product team for their consideration as we continue to grow and improve our platform. Thank you for your feedback and kind words - we look forward to seeing what you build with Bubble!

Artur
bubble developer in Poland
Market Research, Self Employed

Happy freelance bubble developer

Comments: well it was a tough journey but I managed to learn it and now I enjoy it very much

Pros:

that I can code complex stuff (relatively) by putting logic block on paper and than on bubble and it works

Cons:

fact it is bounded in its flexibility but It would not be so easy to use

Guy
Software Designer and Developer in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quick, easy, powerful and professional no-code environment

Comments: Overall, I am having so much fun using bubble.io. My product is coming along quickly. As a retiree, I needed a tool to build my idea of an App. Bubble.io offered me the exact environment I was looking for. There is a learning curve.

Pros:

I enjoy working in bubble.io simply because it is very easy to try out ideas and concepts.

Cons:

It's probably because I need to learn more, but I find adapting to all sizes of devices is a bit a trial and error situation. For example, the responsive engine rendered nicely on my android phone, but did not display as nicely on an older iPhone. Again, I probably need more time to nail this one down.

Arnaud
CEO in France
Internet, Self Employed

One of the best no-code tool for building Apps

Pros:

all in one, lots of features, extendable with plugins, API

Cons:

canvas design, learning curve for a non dev

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Bubble is not a serious company, doesn't keep its promises and have a terrible support.

Comments: Terrible. A waste of time and money. I am switching for a new nocode platform.

Pros:

The community of developers of their platform (but they are all pissed off with the last pricing and policy changes too)

Cons:

Bubble is expensive, slow, and not a serious company.They changed to an overpriced model overnight and didn't keep their promises of deadlines of updating these plans to the old model.The support is awful, they don't even read your messages and answer with generic texts and don't solve your problem.

Gregor
Gregor
Director in UK
Information Services, Self Employed

No-code development to solve almost any problem

Comments: Without Bubble, my business simply wouldn't be able to respond as quickly to the changes our customers need & demand. Its features save me time and give end users an excellent experience.

Pros:

Bubble allows you to deploy software quickly, whether you're just creating a prototype, showing off a demo, or providing a full end-to-end experience.Need to change or update something? Fix it, deploy it, and end users simply need to refresh their page. Need to test something out? There's clear separation of development and live versions, and you can copy data easily between the two if you need to.It's also really simple to make mobile- & tablet-friendly websites using Bubble's responsive layout, or you can make mobile versions of pages and set up the logic to direct to these very easily.Bubble also handles databases, helps you keep them secure, and presents them to you in a user-friendly way so they're easy for you to structure on setup and get what you need out of them, either by searching in Bubble's backend or presenting that data to the user.It's also easy to integrate other products from across the web, with an API connector if you want to do it yourself, or thousands of community-provided plugins if you want really simple solutions.

Cons:

Like all software, Bubble has its quirks to get used to. Want to clear certain things in your app (like a field in a database)? Well, the delete icon doesn't always fully delete; you'll need to find the 'Optimise application' button deep in your settings and fully delete there.Bubble also thrives on its plugins for the best functionality. However, plugins are a mixed bag: Bubble doesn't do much quality checking, so some just don't do what you need them to. Plugin documentation is often thin on the ground, or totally non-existent, even for plugins Bubble publish themselves. Sometimes documentation for a plugin is a 1,000+ post thread on the Bubble Forum - imagine searching StackOverflow, but every problem about that language was in one enormous thread - which makes it really difficult to find a solution for your problem. Relying on plugins also means Bubble is reliant on its community continuing to maintain these plugins; I hope that with time Bubble is looking to build in some of the features of its most popular plugins to the core app to secure both its own business and the workings of the businesses that make Bubble apps!Bubble are great with support queries, but feeding back anything that isn't a bug can be difficult. They have an 'ideaboard', where users can upvote good ideas, but it's unclear what priority these ideas fall under, or if they're in scope at all. The Bubble Forum is unreliable: many posts get no helpful replies, even fewer get replies from Bubble staff.

Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, but it will frustrate you

Comments: I am building two prototypes or MVPs for insurance system applications using Bubble, and have run into a lot of obstacles trying to get past the Bubble limitations. The Bubble coaching ecosystem is tremendously helpful in surmounting these obstacles, and we have been able to get past most or all of them - but only after spending days beating our heads against the wall until someone is able to put us on the right path. But once you get past the roadblocks, it seems like there isn't much you can't find a way to do.

Pros:

Bubble is very powerful, and its model for building apps is good. It doesn't take long to get the basics down. The user community is really strong and helpful. And the fact that regular humans can write plugins for it is important (see the "what don't I like about it" section).

Cons:

Out of the box, Bubble has some significant limitations. And my problem with it is that there are user built workarounds for many or most of them, but there's no intuitive way to figure out which limitations are absolute, and which can be overcome using plugins or wacky workarounds. Like - you can only upload 200 rows of data at a time to Bubble - unless you happen to know about a plugin that allows you to do unlimited uploads, but only by jumping through hoops that you won't figure out yourself until someone shows you how to get past it. Or - you can't take data in one data type and create different data types from it. Well, actually you can, but you have to use a backend workflow to do it, which is not obvious. Once you see it it's easy, but until someone shows you, you wouldn't think to try the solution. At least I and my team didn't. Also - I really wish they would use more standard language in their naming conventions - Bubble "data types" should be "tables", Bubble "things" should be "rows" (or even "objects"). It makes it really hard to describe what you are doing with people when we can't get a handshake on what the words mean.

Marc
Marc
Product Manager in UK
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great way to test out working solutions and ideas

Comments: Having a tool like bubble is really great. There are only a few occasions where it hasn't been possible to use bubble but most of the time it's my go to tool for real life prototyping. Although there is no real support from Bubble themselves, there's a forum where you'll most likely find the answer to your problem. The forums search isn't great so i've found it's best to use Google to search the site. The UI isn't amazing but if you're used to wireframing tools such as Moqup then you'll get to grips with this pretty quickly

Pros:

Bubble allows me as a Product Manager to prototype working solutions that we can test with real users, without the need of a developer. This helps get feedback early on before we have racked up expensive development costs. The learning curve is steep, but once you've got the hang of how to work with Bubble most things can be prototyped with it. We're able to create new feature ideas that can connect to our main app. Existing users of our app can easily log into the prototype and start using the new feature. They're able to provide us feedback right away.

Cons:

One of the limitations of Bubble is that the API Connector can't handle API Responses that contain nested arrays. This means we're unable to use Bubble when working with large data sets or to display graphs when using these types of API responses. Additionally the process of having to use API Workflows to save items to separate lines in the database can be a bit tricky. As we're not using this app on a daily basis it takes some time to refresh your memory on how to do this correctly. Also don't expect 100% accuracy in saving data to the database using this method. It sometimes misses out some of rows in the table, which can cause problems if you need a prototype that is completely flawless.

François
Senior Manager in Spain
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Bubble review from non-IT no code developer

Comments: It's fantastic !

Pros:

Bubble is super fast at building & deploy a functional solution. You can do everything you want at pixel level. Workflows are fully under your control... there is really no limits (in comparison with other no-code tools). You can call any API you want & even add code if it's really necessary (i never had to do it). You can test & debug everything directly so you make very few mistakes. The (not so) new responsive engine makes it super easy to build responsive for any screen size.

Cons:

The "components" library can be improved to save huge amount of time. But some exists out of the box but need additional subscription on third party partners. It could save tons of hours to have pre-built page templates and configurable small components like "x-closing window", popups, menus, etc. just like we can style every type of input, text, button, etc. it could be nice to be able to build and save our "small component library" (maybe it can be done with reusable elements but it's not that clear.Have some wizard to set up the basic layout in the most efficient way could be nice : main menu with Option set and Repeating group, single index page with hiding groups "with url parameters" on that same menu option set, etc.

William
President in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely love building solutions in this product

Comments: Extremely pleased would be interested in demoing some of the things I have built for you

Pros:

Extremely easy and very intuitive, also combined with the bdk native functionality literally almost nothing you can't create

Cons:

Can't think of anything negative to say about bubble

3 years ago

Hello William, Thanks so much for your review; we really appreciate your kind words about our platform! If you'd like to share your application with us, please do reach out to [email protected] and we'd be happy to put you in touch with our Growth team.

Anis
Founder in France
Internet, Self Employed

The best tool out there to build and deploy web apps rapidly

Comments: I used and still use Bubble to try business ideas.

Pros:

The almost infinite set of options, I haven't encountered yet a use case I couldn't solve with Bubble.

Cons:

The mobile part. While with the new responsive engine we can create easily mobile version, I would've loved to have more options to deploy the apps into the main stores. Also, the design part of the UI of the pages could include more options, like what Framer propose for example.

Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Bubble is an amazing low-code platform

Comments: Amazing -- we've built web apps, browser extensions, mobile apps, etc.

Pros:

Bubble is one of the most advanced low-code platforms on the market today -- far and away as compared to almost any other low-code development platform. One key reason is that it is about the only low-code platform that permits the easy drop-in of other APIs -- specifically, to directly permit end users to OAuth to their other apps instead of having to route through Zapier and other integration platforms.

Cons:

The database designer format is unnecessarily complicated -- wish it was much closer to the DB design tool that is used by knack.com

Andriy
Andriy
CEO, co-founder in Ukraine
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

The best and most functional no-code platform.

Comments: Overall positive.

Pros:

Bubble is very powerful, flexible, customizable, scalable. It helped us create dozens of web and mobile apps, launch and iterate them fast, and collect feedback / achieve business goals!

Cons:

Bubble can be slow at times. And has limited mobile app support (external solutions like Natively are required).

Welby
CTO in Brazil
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best customized no-code platform

Comments: Very good experience, using the platform to develop custom apps for client for more than 4 years.

Pros:

Extremely customized development.Easy API integrationFull Stack

Cons:

Poor Database integrationPoor database speed and data manipulation speed

Publishing, 11–50 Employees

The No-Code is eating the digital world

Comments: Bubble gives me an opportunity to build anything without knowing how to code, so I have built some good stuff with it like menus app for restaurant, applied some automation on my workflow. But always there's something needed to fix because some APIs and integrations must be updated.

Pros:

The concept that there's no need to know how to code to build full functional apps

Cons:

The latency. Whenever I built an app with bubble I find out that the other solution (build with real programmers) in market is faster.