Google Cloud Platform Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5

About Google Cloud Platform

Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications.

Learn more about Google Cloud Platform

Showing 1,032 reviews

Project Development Manager
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/01/2019

"Office tools in Google cloud"

Comments: I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros: The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons: The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

• Reviewed on 2/01/2019
Mihran T.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Fastest Cloud Platform out there!"

Comments: Goofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.

Pros: Speed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances

Cons: The pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Narinder S.
Sr Cloud Architect
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/08/2019

"GCP as IaaS"

Comments: Overall GCP is still evolving as compare to other cloud providers but their Technical Support staff is much better and very professional to handle any issue and concern.

Pros: Google Cloud Platform is another option as Infrastructure as a Service which has lot of cutting edge options for moving to cloud from own data center ,it supports almost all kinds of OS (Linux,Windows etc) with various options for High Availability (multiple regions. GCP provides lot of other applications for Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence (AI and ML) .

Cons: Few things worth to mentions regarding GCP when we compare it with other Cloud Providers(AWS and Azure)
1. GCP is little bit expensive .
2. GCP still lags some areas in terms of features(Oracle and SQL Server ) which other clouds provides.
3. Management tools are little bit lagging the comfort level that other providers included.
4. Some components has regional behaviour (Load balancers and Interconnects) which as per them will be taken care in future

• Reviewed on 1/08/2019
Nicolas frichot P.
IT Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2/02/2019

"Great Cloud Hosting For Multiple Websites Within Google Cloud Platform"

Comments: Overall, Google Cloud Platform is the best solutions. I wouldn't change for anything, even if I was offered a server for free. Google Cloud Platform is amazing. I recommend very very strongly.

Pros: I love the flexibility that Google Cloud Platform offers: I was able to launch an instance within 2 minutes, set my IP from ephemeral to static and login to my server with the credentials. As soon as as completed password change, as advised by Google Cloud Platform, I was able to launch a 3rd party application, via their Click-to-Deploy solutions, and launch my multiple websites. Amazing experience.

Cons: The customer support through very professional is not instant (chat or phone). I also found that dedicated customer support can turn out to be very expensive. Furthermore, no real support is offered on 3rd party applications.

• Reviewed on 2/02/2019
Megan J.
Insurance producer
Insurance, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/04/2019

"One stop shop"

Comments: It’s made my life easier. It’s full of useful tools which again are used in both my personal and work life. I have used this network through my schooling and it always finds a way to be relevant in each stage of my life.

Pros: Google has provided a cloud network where we can easily use it for personal, business, or school. I can see spreadsheets from home, upload my photos from my weekend, and work on a PowerPoint all in one platform. It’s very user friendly— where multiple google users can all have access to multiple projects and each edit and contribute as needed.

Cons: Not everyone has a google account which is needed to have access to update and contribute to different aspects of the program. Sometimes you have to push others to create a gmail account so they can get on board!

• Reviewed on 1/04/2019
Monday A.
Freelancer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Google Cloud Platform is one of the best"

Comments: Google Cloud Platform enables me to expand my business even though I work alone with no additional work yet. It ease my work for me and fast compared to others.

Pros: Google Cloud Platform is one of the best cloud platform I have used. I have used Microsoft Azure and other cloud platform but I found Google Cloud Platform to be the best and more cheaper. Also they equally give out a free trial to all first time clients who are using the Google Cloud Platform service. When I first signed up I used their free trial before subscribing to their standard plan which gives me more benefits for my business. As an internet marketer who host website with heavy traffic you can simply use Google Cloud Platform for that because I equally use it. Also Google Cloud Platform provides me with other things that I can't really write about all here because the benefits are endless and they respond to inquiries faster.

Cons: Google Cloud Platform is fast but sometimes it does not work in slow network area. For the fact that I was able to expand my business using Google Cloud Platform, I was not able to access the cloud platform once I am out of good network area and it will be nice if Google can work on that aspect of allowing slow network to have access to the cloud platform.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Louis J.
Managing Director
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2019

"Enterprise Cloud platform however the support is not fantastic"

Comments: Google Cloud allowed us to host our product in a secure and reliable datacentre from a market leader within the UK, giving total piece of mind, however the level of support can mean you need to spend extra on external professional services to assist.

Pros: It's easy to setup a Virtual Machine according to your specifications and flexible to upscale or downscale when required. It allows you to setup databases and storage and link them to the Virtual Machine and also group Virtual Machines in to logical groups, known as projects.

Cons: The Support is not fantastic - often they are there only to diagnose connectivity or up time rather than advising on feature issues or deployment problems - they will often say you need to pay for enhanced support or professional services.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2019
Jake D.
Vice President
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016

"The Best Value"

Comments: We all know google is amazing - that's why it is the number one search engine and has become an English verb. Their cloud platform for businesses is a must-have! After using google mail and the integrated apps, I can never go back. I tried using something else for a little while and was about to pull my hair out. And at nearly $5/month per user, it makes perfect sense. I love that I can have my domain in my google e-mail (e.g. [email protected]) and can integrate my calendar, e-mail, spreadsheets, word docs, and everything into one software platform. I regularly recommend google's cloud platform to other businesses! The e-mail alone is well worth the cost.

Pros: The e-mail search features and functionality are amazing!

Cons: Security. According to google's terms, anything that goes through their servers can be used by google, which I don't love the idea of...

• Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Full-stack Developer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Best Cloud Hosting Platform so far"

Pros: I honestly like the user interface and features available on the Google Cloud platform. The documentation is really helpful and well written, I find it very easy to understand and learn how to use the products. The fact that I was able to integrate seamlessly my computing server with the Bitnami Lamp app was also really cool. I have used other cloud platforms but I think Google Cloud platform is one of my favorite so far. I would highly really recommend it.

Cons: I had trouble trying to figure out the Pricing, I don't like their pricing calculator, it's just too complicated for an average Joe, I wish their was a way they could simplify the pricing information and break it down in such a way that an average person would understand, they can use info-graphics and Gif to illustrate the different pricing scenarios etc.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Bre M.
Advocacy Manager
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Type A's Rejoice"

Comments: I am so pleased with this software for both personal and professional use. It is incredibly easy to find just about anything in the cloud, and I often start, edit, and complete projects right in the platform. Sharing is simple, searching is simple. If I lost the cloud I truly don't know what I would do.

Pros: Google provides so much organization and so much integration that it becomes tough to use anything else! The cloud keep everything, even attachments from emails, and allows you to create endless folders and sub-folders to ensure nothing gets lost. I still have documents from five and six years ago stored in my cloud, and I could find them in seconds.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say about Google.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Conrad F.
Full Stack Engineer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"Google Cloud is Great"

Comments: It's been great, I have been on AppEngine standard environment for over 6 years with one of my services and am very pleased.

Pros: I use Google Appengine and Google Cloud SQL. I like that once setup I don't have to think about scaling my app at all and don't realy have to think about infrastructure. I can focus on developing my actual software code.

Cons: AppEngine can be a little tricky to setup whether you are on the Standard environment (limited libraries but faster deploys and cheaper) or the Flexible environment (totally infinite environment since you package everything up into a docker container, slower to deploy, more expensive) but once you do your infrastructure is done.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Senior BI Data Engineer
Market Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2020

"Up and running in only a few minutes!"

Comments: Overall this has been great for my needs! The many possibilities offered through Google apis and GCP products actually helped me thinking of new ways to solve some issues I was facing.

Pros: It is extremely easy to use and you can start using it almost right away. It also has so many products that you can use that it's likely everything you can think of can be done using one of the products of GCP. Whether it's automatic speech recognition, machine learning or pub/sub, everything is there (and constantly evolving).

Cons: Due to the numerous products that are available within GCP, it sometimes can be hard to find out the correct one to use for your specific needs. Billing can also be a bit hard to understand and to estimate before using. The help online is good but can also be confusing.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2020
Head of Operations
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2020

"About Cloud Platform"

Comments: Overall experience is ver good with small errors that not interrupt your process.

Pros: It is saving us to spend lots of many to data storages and makes action veryy easy with platform features.

Cons: Cost is a little bit higher for a non-profit organization. There can be a ngo and nonprofit pricing.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2020
Kerby R.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Amazing Cloud platform"

Comments: I love Google cloud platform. It has met and exceeded all my needs. Easily deploy a server that is always ready and working from anywhere.

Pros: I love Google cloud platform. Easy to use great service. My first instance was up and running in less than 2 minutes. They have an app that monitors everything for you. The best part is the always free tier so you don't have to pay if you don't need a lot of resources.

Cons: There's nothing to complain about. It's easy straight forward. Plus they give you $300 to try out premium features with out having to go all the way in.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Ian R.
albanymallwitnessing.com
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Awesome for App Development"

Comments: The Pros FAR outway any small inconvenience to the "cons". We really love this product and use it heavily.

Pros: Clear interface, easy to collaborate on code and development, lots of internal parts already built for us

Cons: You do have some limitations to app development and certain features you can develop or alter because you have to work within their parameters

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Vincent C.
Lead Software Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2021

"First-class, better than AWS"

Comments: Google Cloud Platform has been an incredible development accelerant for me.

Pros: The documentation is so robust and detailed that I can find out about anything I need to do. The interface is so clean and easy to use, it's really easy to find what I need to do. Contrast that with AWS where I need to look up Medium articles and guides (on Google) to find out how to do what I want to do.

Cons: I have no complaints about this software. The scale of the projects that I use GCP for are pretty small, but I imagine that for larger projects, I may be more concerned about the cost.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2021
Jeannette S.
International Customer Relations
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2019

"Google Cloud Platform has every cloud feature, all in one place"

Comments: I evaluated Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform, and ultimately found Google Cloud Platform to be my favourite cloud provider. It has every feature I could possibly want, and has the most easy to use control panel from all the providers. I've found some products to be expensive, and the possibility of creating a large bill is troublesome, but I would still recommend Google Cloud Platform.

Pros: I like that Google Cloud platform seems to have every cloud feature I would ever need, all in one place. It also has the most easy to use control panel out of the three cloud providers I evaluated.

Cons: The features of Google Cloud Platform (products, SKUs) are expensive to use, and if you are not careful the costs can spiral out of control and you are faced with a big bill even though you were just testing out a product. There also appears to be no way to limit a spend so it automatically stops if you exceed a budget.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2019
Stan M.
dentist
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"google cloud"

Comments: I like the google cloud Platform because I can access my information in the office, or if a patient calls as an emergency I can still access the information that I need without just basic it on my memory.

Pros: I like the google cloud because I can access from any device at any location, either home, office or away.

Cons: Sometimes, I think some of the features are somewhat hidden. They are hard to find. I like it that it is automatic, but being a cloud based software, sometimes it uploads too much info.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2020
Customer Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Google is the way of go"

Comments: It's pretty great and it's generally free. You can pay for it if you need more space/for business. What more could you ask for.

Pros: Google is the best thing ever. It is super easy and you can do whatever it that you may possibly need it for. I love the email categories.

Cons: More email customization would be great but I make do. Sometimes it thinks an email is not important when it really is. I've tried telling it to put it into the primary email but it doesn't for all of them.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Sam H.
Teacher
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2020

"Exciting"

Comments: Overall it is great. I’ve never had an issue with not being able to find anything.

Pros: It is a powerful platform and intergrates well with all google products. I like how everything is saved and you can use it on any computer from anywhere.

Cons: The storage limit is not great. You would definitely need to get more if using it for work. If you do not use google programs then this is not right for you as it does not sync with non google

• Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Christophe H.
BizDev
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Everything under 1 roof"

Comments: I like it overall but it has some negatives like Google moved its support and sales offshore to India. A few years ago I would call Google and get a call center in Michigan in the USA and now its in India and the support is not a fraction of what it was when it was based in the US.

Pros: I like the fact that every product and app is accessable in the platform. Its easy use and affordability is also a good feature.

Cons: I cant think of anything, it syncs with every well known SAS.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Patrick S.
Vice-president
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"A very complete and stable cloud services provider"

Pros: All of Google's Cloud offerings are available in a single Web console.
We mainly use Compute Engine, and the VMs are easy to create and configure, with a simple to understand pricing model.
The VMs are very fast, have a great uptime, and we never noticed any slowdowns caused by other VMs running on the same physical machine.

Cons: The permissions system is quite complex to set up, especially when the client creates the Project, and wants to give access to our development team. It is often not very clear which permissions are missing to enable specific features.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Priya A.
Software Development Engineer 2
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Google Cloud Platform review."

Comments: I have been using GCP for running machine learning experiments. It provides a very great and easy to use platform to implement machine learning models, and run them. Moreover, it provides a very ease to use UI to install any library. I have used it for my academic course-projects as well as for my research paper implementation which ultimately got published :)

Pros: It is a very great, easy to use platform to implement and run machine learning models. Any machine learning library can be installed on this platform . Moreover, it provides a platform to use it for hetero/homo computation. I have been using it for quite some time now without any hassle.

Cons: I don't think there is any major cons in this software. Just that it allows to run you experiment for a limited amount of time, post that either you have to give a pause for a while or switch to another account to continue with your work. Except this, I never have faced any issue with this software.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Anant M.
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2020

"Finally a worthy alternative to Amazon Web Services"

Comments: We needed rapid deployment of virtual machines for our services. We created scripts to achieve just that. Its expensive but it does the job. We even host some websites on GCP services. Its really a worthy alternative to Amazon Web Services.

Pros: - The free $300 trial credit helped plenty in setting up our system and testing until our actual billing began.
- The rapid deployment of virtual servers and duplication facility is a boon.
- Google's billing system is transparent and easy.
- Great for compute services and AI applications.
- Worldwide servers are great for versatility.

Cons: - The network bandwidth charges seem a bit much, other competitors are lenient.
- Port opening was a little complicated to achieve.
- Lacks some features present in Amazon Web Services.
- Customer service is weak.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2020
Misty A.
ICQA Specialist
Warehousing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/06/2020

"Simple to use"

Comments: I've been able to keep and organize all my digital content without having to carry around any media back up.

Pros: The Google Cloud Platform is simple to use. Being able to access your digital items anywhere anytime with just a few touches is absolutely great!

Cons: I honestly can not find any cons with the Google Cloud Platform. It does what is supposed to. Anything I need is always available.

• Reviewed on 9/06/2020