15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Google Cloud

Cloud-based service that allows you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications for businesses of all sizes.

Learn more about Google Cloud

Pros:

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up.

Google Cloud ratings

4.4
4.3
4.6
4.4

8.7/10

Google Cloud has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,794 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Cloud before?

Filter reviews (1,794)

Guilherme
Guilherme
Chefe de Redacao in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Google Cloud assessment

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In general, I still use Google Cloud quite frequently, its storage is my life, I really like the application and I can't see myself without it.

Pros:

What I liked most was the fact that the storage was easy and cohesive to access, and its usefulness was very practical.

Cons:

What I would like to have more in Google Cloud are more tools like extensions, they even have them, but I think they could be better optimized.

Franco
Software Developer in Chile
Program Development, 11–50 Employees

my experience

5.0 last month New

Pros:

rewarding the experience of how simple and fast it is to operate different services

Cons:

the price in my opinion is quite enough

Moustafa
AI Researcher in Japan
Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

Google Cloud Review

Comments: My overall experience is not good as Google Cloud does not provide an easy interface and i have to do everything through the terminal. Also, it is a little bit expensive.

Pros:

I like the free credits that Google Cloud provides for researchers to explore the platform. Google Cloud is very good in services related to NLP/text especially the that it is supporting multiple languages for these services. Also, I like the dashboards that Google Cloud offers to track and monitor the services I am currently using.

Cons:

Google Cloud has a very limited service for AI comparing to other competitors. The interface of Google Cloud is not easy to use, and I cannot customize it as I want. Also, I do not like the pricing of some services on Google Cloud like the virtual machines, it is really very expensive.

Giuliana
Corporate Executive in Peru
Writing & Editing, 11–50 Employees

Google cloud recommendation

Comments: I work for a channel that is a Google partner for education. I know all the goodness.

Pros:

I like that it is 100% native. It has many layers of security. Currently 9.4M is the cost per hack in an organization.

Cons:

Currently, many organizations use Microsoft and many are afraid to make the change from SQL to Google.

Gretchen
Human resources in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

I love cloud storage

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Keeps my data and information stored safely.

Pros:

I like how I still have all important data saved, even if damage is done to my computer or phone.

Cons:

Monthly fee can add up to quite a bit if you are storing a lot of information.

Lily
Administrator in UK
Warehousing, 501–1,000 Employees

Cloud review 2024

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Google cloud is a very secure data protected system that we keep all of our information backed up onto

Cons:

Backups can take a while sometimes but this is due to having lots of files so understandable

Kevin
Owner in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Goodgle Cloud will save you!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The sofware is amaxing and has every single.feature you need to store data and protection for your busines

Pros:

I love that every feature is geared toward the customers

Cons:

The customer service for google as a whole is the worst ever..

ARLEEN
Partner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Best storage

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to install and use. I can find everything I need in one place. Recommended

Cons:

There is nothing I don’t like about the app

Akuro
Translation in Ghana
Translation & Localisation, 2–10 Employees

Akuro on Google Cloud

4.0 last month New

Comments: My experience was a good one on Google Cloud

Pros:

I like the way it is easier to collaborate with others on Google Cloud

Cons:

There is lack of flexibility on Google Cloud

Enrico
Enrico
Language Technologies Expert in Italy
Translation & Localisation, 201–500 Employees

Cloud space for free

5.0 last month New

Comments: I'm using the free tier of Cloud to make it easier for me to pass files from my PC to my Google Colabs, it's way quicker than uploading the files to the remote runtime.
It works very well.

Pros:

Very permissive free tier, integration with other Google solutions

Cons:

I just enjoy the product, but of course additional space on the free tier would be more than welcome!

Brian
Sale Rep in US
Packaging & Containers, 51–200 Employees

Everyone should be using

Comments: Google cloud, google nest, google phone, google home.... do I need to say more. Things work great and are all integrated.

Pros:

Been using Google Cloud for 5+ years, through many employers, and for all my personal needs. It has never failed, never glitched or had an issue. Love the program to the point I've made my current employer give "special access permissions" to work computer for Google drive so I can access things from phone as well.

Cons:

Honestly don't have any cons. It works perfect, shares information perfectly, and connects all my data into one centralized system.

Cody
Production Associate in US
Warehousing, 201–500 Employees

Google Cloud review

Comments: It's been a superb experience using the platform.

Pros:

I like that it's a very smart,safe, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive software that my company uses daily.

Cons:

Dont know of anything that I don't like about the software. I really like and appreciate it.

Max
Max
Manager, Professional Services & IT in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

Comments: I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros:

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons:

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Best Public cloud platform

Comments: We are using GCP for years now. We have deployed healthcare, telecommunication, education and logistics business applications on GCP. All applications were migrated from on-prem. Deployments were not too hard. Even though the pricing model is bit complex this is still cheaper than most of the cloud vendors. No repatriations so far.

Pros:

+ Free tier available + Highly scalable + Security + Pay-as-you-go option ,so we have to pay only pay only for the usage. + Bring your own License capability. + Very easy to integrate with Google services.

Cons:

+ Less number of datacenters across the world comparing to other vendors. + Pricing is bit complex + Customer services and support services could be improved

Jay
Jay
Institute Director in US
Museums & Institutions, Self Employed

Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines

Comments: I've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.

Pros:

This software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.

Cons:

It's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform

Comments: Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros:

1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry. 2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform. 3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform: - Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe. - Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files. - Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons:

1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions. 2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

Sharmin
HR in Bangladesh
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

A comprehensive review

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Cloud has been very positive. As someone who is happy with using Google Cloud, I appreciate the scalability, security, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and integration of the platform. While there may be a learning curve and some complexity involved, I believe that the benefits of using Google Cloud make it a worthwhile investment for businesses looking for a robust cloud computing solution.

Pros:

Scalability: Google Cloud allows for scalability, which means you can easily expand your infrastructure as your business grows.Security: Google Cloud has built-in security measures, including encryption and identity management, to keep your data safe.Reliability: Google Cloud offers high availability and reliability, with a guaranteed uptime of 99.95%.Cost-effectiveness: Google Cloud offers competitive pricing, with pay-as-you-go options that allow you to only pay for what you use.Integration: Google Cloud integrates seamlessly with other Google services, including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

Cons:

Steep Learning Curve: Google Cloud has a steep learning curve, and it can take some time to get used to the platform and its various features.Complexity: Google Cloud is a complex platform that may require additional resources, such as training or additional personnel, to fully utilize.Support: Google Cloud support can be limited, and it may take some time to get assistance when needed.

Hillary
Administrative Assistant in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Comments: Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros:

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons:

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

Comments: GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros:

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world. 2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend. 3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons:

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform. 2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Construction, 201–500 Employees

Office tools in Google cloud

Comments: I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros:

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons:

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Alex
Software Developer in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great solution for cloud storage

Pros:

Cloud storage and compute engine are very powerful tools that we have been happy with. We use these on top of firebase and it made sense to stick with GCP rather than AWS or Azure. The client-side cloud storage API is very easy to work with. We use compute engine to host a basic web server in a docker contains, and it has been a good experience overall.

Cons:

I have not figured out how and where to open a support case. Cloud console and the google issue tracker are one of several options. It can take several days to answer simple questions. Documentation is good, but spread out. For example, there is documentation for firebase functions and google cloud functions. The documentation is similar but not exactly the same, so it's unclear which we should be using. It would be nice to have more consolidated GCP documentation.

Data Engineering made Simple with the help of GCP

Pros:

Management of data is always critical to any organization, and it is not wise to have our own data center from a cost perspective. As a result of GCP, our operating costs have decreased. In addition to a number of free resources and new innovative products rolling out constantly, there are lots of free resources available based on the service. The dashboard, in particular, is simple and allows for all management to be done from one place. Taking a backup and restoring it whenever you need it is particularly convenient.

Cons:

The service is a bit more expensive than other providers, specifically the price tier varies according to the level of customer support. Therefore, any immediate fixes must always be followed by additional learning.

Jhon Jaiver
Jhon Jaiver
Developer in Colombia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

The best internet cloud and you must use it

Comments: Very good, it has a wide variety of images that can be displayed in seconds with just a few clicks, connect everything in an intuitive and simple way, a wide variety of information to be able to carry out correct and functional deployments

Pros:

It's like a Swiss army knife, it has everything you need in one place just a few clicks of the mouse away, the experience of the platform is very easy to use for those who are just starting out or those who are already an expert.

Cons:

I don't like your payment system, the way you invoice should have multiple options such as the use of a debit card or prepaid credit subscriptions for the use of virtual machines, just having credit cards keeps many from spending more

Bed
Managing Director in Nepal
Design, 11–50 Employees

Essential too l for my business. I can't imagine my company growth without GCP

Comments: Google Cloud Platform is a comprehensive and powerful cloud computing platform that is used by companies and individuals around the world for all types of applications and services. The service is suitable for businesses of all sizes, from startups to established enterprises. It has powerful cloud storage and database features, as well as a powerful suite of networking and security services. Google Cloud Platform also has a broad variety of cloud AI features that are used by companies for computer vision and natural language processing.

Pros:

The Google Cloud Platform is an essential tool for any business that works with storage and data, with an excellent combination of products and services for any business. The GCP has many benefits, such as the ability to handle almost any type of workload, whether it's for a small business or a large corporation. It also offers a wide range of customization options that are only limited by the imagination of the user.

Cons:

The Google Cloud Platform is a powerful platform that allows us to build and scale our applications, store and process data for our customers and more. The best part about the GCP is that it is designed to scale and grow with our business.

Georg C.
Georg C.
Vice President in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines

Comments: Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Pros:

We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Cons:

The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.