iCIMS Recruit Reviews

by iCIMS - Hiring Suite

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About iCIMS Recruit

iCIMS helps you engage, communicate, and track candidates in one location to simplify your recruiting process and make quality hires.

Learn more about iCIMS Recruit

Showing 25 reviews of 729

Rebecca P.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/11/2019

"ATS that has great value"

Comments: We first chose this software because it was more competitive and more user friendly than our previous ATS. As the years have past, the customizable features to make it work for any industry and the reporting capability is why we have continued to renew. The Help Desk team is extremely responsive and don't make you feel stupid for asking a question.

Pros: We like the ease of use for job seekers, administrators and Hiring Managers. The customer service in the Help desk is excellent as well.

Cons: The reporting is so robust, it can be daunting to figure it out. Once you get the hang of it, you realize the possibilities are endless.

• Reviewed on 1/11/2019
Dave G.
General Manager
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/01/2021

"Robust but still not fully intuitive"

Comments: It allows for a beginning-to-end recruitment experience that is enjoyable for the applicant.

Pros: The software is robust and allows for the completion of all onboarding paperwork before the employee's first shift.

Cons: It still is not fully intuitive. My first job that I posted I didn't realize it never got posted to the external job sites as that was another step, but it never asked me if I wanted to do that.

• Reviewed on 7/01/2021
Suzette D.
Recruiting Specialist
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2019

"Tons of flexibility and options, takes time to fully understand and harness the power."

Comments: ICIMS has allowed us to address the separate needs of our Corporate hiring vs our Agent/Call-Center hiring through custom fields, custom reporting and custom dashboards. We have been able to integrate the various tools we need (Assessment, I9, Background check, etc) to reduce manual entry into diverse areas. When we do run into situations where we find a snag in the workflow, digging into it and talking it through, we have been able to find a solution within the platform either directly with a feature we missed (at implementation or a release since) or by adding customization to fields and workflow.

Pros: The software is highly customizable with the potential for a sizable (but ultimately limited) number of custom fields and even tabs for data above and beyond the core system. It has strong user group management for good control of access and even process, as dashboards/reporting is also tied per user group. Support is responsive with most of the support agents I've worked with knowing the answer or at least knowing enough to say 'I don't know, let me research and get back to you' and they have followed up without prompting. The reporting system is robust, if not intuitive to learn. Bi-directional email tracks back email conversations for audit trails. There is a strong user community fostered by ICIMS, including an Ideas forum where votes by the community on desired features can be tracked for potential implementation. Implementation of the recent and optional TextRecruit has added further ease of communicating with our candidates. New features are added regularly, though this takes some staying on top of to evaluate implementation and keep current.

Cons: Customized reporting is limited to full licenses, including something as simple as a date range change. They have some ability to make the dates relational to work around this (Today, yesterday, before today, this week, last week, this month, last month and so on), but it is imperfect. It would also be great to have added comparison reporting such as this year vs last year on a single dashboard graph. Reporting is complex to learn (but powerful once you get it). Bi-directional email coding can cause email from us to the candidate to be direct at their end to SPAM which delays potential candidate interviews and prompts follow up inquiries from candidates already emailed that they were not selected to move forward. The overwhelming flexibility means you need to both keep poking at pain points until you find the right solution for your organization and to stay on top of new release information to keep new features implemented where they make sense to your organization.

by iCIMS on 30/04/2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review!

• Reviewed on 19/03/2019
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Review on iCIMS Recruit module"

Comments: Our overall experience with iCIMS is amazing. With the help of iCIMS, we gain a bigger pool of candidates from different sources, we manage well of the applications within the system and we build up a stronger talent pool for our company.

Pros: - expand our reach to wider groups of candidate: iCIMS has partnered with Google job and other free job aggregators, that job posting function helps us to reach more candidates, we do see a significant growth of quality candidate profiles for our job openings. It is very cost effective and it saves so much time on populating our jobs on different portals.
- navigate with ease within the platform: it is very easy to pull out different applications and review the resume and cover letter. I like the tabs which are very clear and categorise information in good order
- Very good customer support team: Whenever I call the iCIMS customer support team, there is always someone on the phone and solves the problem for us. The customer ambassadors are professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons: Overall, I would say there is no big issue in my user experience when iCIMS. Just two minor things,
- When I move the candidate to the next bins in the recruitment workflow, I couldn't find an update button. If I reload the page, it will show up the main dashboard and I have to go back to the particular job profile again.
- The cover letter button does show as the same tab of resume, I have to go back to the candidate details tab and find out the cover letter. It will be great if I can see the resume and cover letter on the same tab.
Besides, we think that the hiring manager app may need more modification as right now the app doesn't equip with all the functions from a web version.

by iCIMS on 20/06/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we are meeting our customer's expectations. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Britney H.
HR Generalist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/07/2019

"iCIMS Onboarding= Great Product!"

Comments: Overall the product is leaps and bounds better than where we came from! I do feel like the company is always striving to improve and connect- which makes it a nice working relationship.

Pros: I love that everything is electronic! It makes new hire paperwork so seamless- and the applicants love it also!

Cons: The reporting features are hard to use and configure. Once you figure them out- things are great- but until that point it can be difficult.

by iCIMS on 11/10/2019

Thank you for the awesome review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

• Reviewed on 2/07/2019
Megan S.
Human Resources Coordinator
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Great tool for customization"

Pros: iCIMS is highly customizable, which they will tell you themselves but they truly aren't kidding. We have been able to automate many of our recruiting and onboarding processes, which in turn has given time back to not only our corporate group but operations staff as well. As an iCIMS administrator, I love that I am able to make configuration changes myself, independent of iCIMS Customer Support, for a huge variety of functions. When there's a change that I don't know how to make, the Customer Support team will walk me through the steps so that I am empowered to make the change in the future. In instances where iCIMS Customer Support is required to make adjustments, due to limited administrator permissions, they are quick and responsive, ensuring little to no downtime.

Cons: The reporting function is not very intuitive or user friendly in the beginning. As you become more familiar with the software the reporting function becomes easier to use and is quite powerful but there is definitely a learning curve.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for the awesome review, Megan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Bree B.
Talent Operations Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Robust Tool with a Challenging Interface"

Comments: We've worked hard on getting our sourcing solidified so we can truly see where our candidates are coming from.

Pros: Incredibly robust - most cases anything is possible and can make the system meet that need. Reporting, while difficult to understand at first, is strong and can report on almost any business need that arises. Love the customization when it comes to recruiter dashboards, what we find important, and messaging. First class customer service; love working with our client success manager to improve our use of the system.

Cons: It seems iCIMS is an ATS built with admins in mind which can make it a bit more confusing for Recruiters, especially those just getting started. It heavily relies on our administrators for some simple things in assisting our recruiting team (especially reports).
Our pricing went up drastically when we came around to sign our second contract.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback because we work hard to meet expectations like yours!

Allison H.
Staffing Manager

"Sticking with iCIMS"

Comments: So far, so good. We are sticking around for the long haul!

Pros: The database allows a lot of opportunity for various recruiting functions, including keeping notes, and updating candidates throughout the process. I like that everything is time stamped, which helps keep track of candidates and when they applied/were submitted. The different bins keep us organized.

Cons: Not able to store more than 1 resume per profile. The emails that come from iCIMS to external mail boxes look like spam: i.e.: <[email protected]>. This makes candidates think it's a spam bot, or because of phishing filters, it makes our emails go to spam folders, making our jobs harder.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we¿re meeting our customer¿s expectations. Regarding the email issue, I recommend reaching out to your Customer Success Manager to find a solution for this issue.

Sourcing Strategist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

"iCIMS Recruit Review"

Comments: I have been working with iCIMS for four years and have worked with a number of other ATS. iCIMS is by far my favorite. The reporting feature is powerful and incredibly informative. I love the friendly culture of the iCIMS support. The configurability to what our company needs is also important. I have worked with iCIMS in two different companies and seeing how it is able to be changed to fit our needs has been really helpful.

Pros: I love the ease of use of this platform. I also love the support from iCIMS we receive. Any question I submit a ticket for, I get a response that is both informative but allows me to learn the reasoning behind some things and how to navigate it on my own.

Cons: Some of the features are not as robust as others. For example, our organization needs a centralized event registration page where we can screen, status, and track candidates coming to our events but the events function only tracks registration.

Tari K.
Recruiting Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2019

"Robust Tool"

Comments: Overall our experince with iCims has been great. We continue to utilize the platform more and more in our recruiting process, from all digital applications to texting our candidiates. I look forward to more opportunities to develop and grow with the program.

Pros: I like that iCims has so many possibilities. It is very robust and customizable so it is easy to adabt it to your own process. iCims is continually updating and evolving so that the systemy continues to improve with no additional costs.

Cons: iCims takes some effort to learn. Becasue it has so many capabilities, what you want is not always right in front of you. You must continue to learn the program and the toools available. However, technical supprt is always nearby to help.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for the awesome review, Tari! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.

• Reviewed on 6/03/2019
Ravi M.
Manager of HRIS
Civil Engineering, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/07/2019

"iCIMS Recruit"

Comments: Easy to admin and maintain, take advantage of integrating with career vendors

Pros: Workflows and Reporting, and easy to work on configurations

Cons: HRIS system and Integrations with other HRIS tools

• Reviewed on 9/07/2019
Ibrahim I.
HRIS and Compliance Analyst
Philanthropy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"iCIMS Products Review (iRecruit and Onboard)"

Comments: - Great recruiting and onboarding tool to fit the needs of a mid-size organization.
- Great value for the money spent.

Pros: - Exceptional customer service on all levels.
- Working with customers to fit their budget.
- System configuration flexibility. Lots of configuration tools available to the system admin on the front end.
- Decent reporting.
- Continues improvement of the product.
- Work with customers to improve the product. Yes, you as a customer can influence development team to improve product features.
- Customer oriented. "Can - Will do" attitude.

Cons: - Still need to improve reporting capabilities. Even though reporting is easy to use and reports can be fully automated, iCIMS still need to fork on developing tools for data correlation/query builder.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Dawn M.
Civil Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees

"Great Customization!"

Comments: Overall I like the easy of use of iCIMS recruit. Sending candidates and jobs to hiring managers is great!

Pros: I like having the ability to customize my job postings and application process. ICIMS also makes it easy to search for old jobs and previous candidates!

Cons: There is a charge for every add on. When we first signed up for this software it seemed like there were all these great add-on tools. It wasn't until I was an iCIMS customer that I discovered how much iCIMS charged each month.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we're meeting our customer¿s expectations. I¿ll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Mike P.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Excellent company, product and experience."

Comments: Excellent performance, support and results from using this product in out Talent Acquisition process. We get results.

Pros: I have lots of experience with recruiting platforms, both corporate and staffing environments. I love the ease of use, great functionality and it is highly configurable. The workflow components make it easy to scale a good process for efficiency and results.

Cons: I have used over 10 different ATS tools in my career and been part of implementing them all. With that said, there are none that are "perfect". This one is the closest. The calendaring/scheduling function is a bit clunky and needs more functionality especially self service.

Rachel M.
Manager, Business Systems
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"System Flexibility"

Comments: Our organization has been able to streamline our Onboarding process and provide a more custom approach to our new hires. We have also gone paperless in the process. iCIMS has provided us the transparency in the hiring process our Hiring Managers wanted and with the use of Tableau with iCIMS we have been able to produce metrics around our recruiting and onboarding.

Pros: iCIMS provides the flexibility to set up a system with your organization needs in mind. Custom fields and workflows makes it easy to configure the product to meet specific or unique needs of your business.

Cons: The Search feature is powerful but is just that - a search feature. The capability to add in calculations or case statements isn't supported in the platform.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoy reading positive feedback and welcome constructive criticism to ensure we are meeting our customer¿s expectations. I¿ll be sure to share your feedback with the teams within iCIMS that will benefit from reading your thoughts.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2018

"iCIMS has been the most customizable ATS i've used"

Comments: I got my start in HR analytics.

Pros: Reporting and dashboard Customization is best in class
Reporting Speed, output, and scheduling are excellent
Customer Service team will rarely ever give up regardless of task difficulty

Cons: Lack of advanced filtering/reporting options
A funnel feature
Graphic dashboard option should be customizable
Should be able to merge search results. (if i use a person search based on a recruiter workflow criteria, i get too many duplicates with recruiting search)
More flexible any/all search conditions
Easier to search recruiting workflow history
Safe merging person profiles

• Reviewed on 22/01/2018
Adrienne H.
Talent and Credentialing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"iCIMS is top notch!"

Pros: I love the customization of iCIMS - we have multiple segments of our organization with several different locations all with slightly different needs. iCIMS allows you to customize the applicant tracking system, workflows, reports and platform very easily. In addition, their customer support is amazing! They are always available and helpful in crafting a solution to meet any unique request.

Cons: I truly can't come up with anything I do not like about iCIMS.

Craig H.
HRIS Analyst
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2019

"iCIMS Recruit"

Pros: iCIMS is incredibly customizable and can easily adapt to very complicated workflows and processes. Our team of recruiters has realized a significant improvement in productivity over our old ATS. Support is also excellent.

Cons: Sometimes there are too many clicks and screens involved in order to accomplish a task.

by iCIMS on 11/10/2019

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post this review. It's our customers who allow us to constantly improve the way we do business and I'm so glad to hear that your experience with iCIMS has supported your initiatives.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2019
Chrissie M.
Assistant VP of HR
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"Excellent customer service - very user friendly for both the candidate and recruiter"

Comments: Excellent customer service - ease of use for our recruiters - customizable - ease of use for the candidate

Pros: The ease of use - the ability to gather data from program to utilize the reporting function - ICIMS offers the best customer service of any software program we use within our company. Other departments are jealous of our customer service delivery.

Cons: Cannot think of one! I have done consulting work for other companies who use various ATS systems and they are complicated and do not allow the user to customize in the manner that ICIMS does.

Cynthia S.
IT Business Analyst
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

"A+ for iCIMS"

Comments: The new capabilities in iCIMS Recruit has enabled us to reduce our sourcing time by simply using the system functionality. We can now search for candidates using keywords, etc.

Pros: iCIMS is easy to use, both form a recruiting standpoint as well as the candidate.

Cons: I would like to see some enhancements on the reporting side. We have the need to be able to create a report that is both a recruiting workflow search as well as a person search, within one report.

Carol A.
Recruiter
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"Icims is a great ATS"

Comments: They seem to be moving toward working with large companies, with multiple locations. Probably too expensive for most small to medium size businesses

Pros: highly customizable, technical support team always available and knowledgeable; implementation took some time but they are careful to make sure they understand your process and how you want data organized, process flow

Cons: nothing I can think of, sometimes it is so highly customizable that you might be inclined to over-engineer a process or report

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Mike P.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Quality Software with tremendous flexibility for Talent Acquisition"

Comments: I have been a Recruit user and administrator since 2011 and have grown through the updates/upgrades througout the years. My experience has been very positive from Account Management to Technical support. I am a fan.

Pros: web based, easy to use, rich features and functionality, configurable, functional and effective, modular approach and supports the TA/Recruiting workflow.

Cons: like all software, intermittent problems/challenges with the technology. Searching and reporting take some time getting used to.

Talent Acquisition Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

"Not User Friendly"

Comments: I have not had a good experience with iCIMS Recruit. I had to teach myself how to use it, I've spent countless hours on the line with customer support trying to get the system to do normal things and it cannot be done in this system (simple scheduling, assigning onboarding tasks - I realize that's not Recruit but whatever, sourcing out of the system is a mess - I could keep going)....I thought adding Connect would be better but it's not, so I plan to get rid of this ASAP - pay the fee to get out of it and get another system. The ONE thing I can say is the customer support team is very nice and they TRY to help as best they can. But most things cannot be done - and if they can, it's never just an A-to-B fix...it's a work-around to go from A-F-D-X-R-Z-B.

Pros: It is a place to store candidate information.

Cons: Its UI/UX is clunky, you have to configure your own dashboards (I didn't know I worked at iCIMS but, after a few days on the line with customer care, I feel like I should be getting paid), the scheduling feature is a nightmare, sourcing out of the system is a nightmare (I don't even bother), there's a "person", "candidate," and "manager" profile - ALL for the SAME individual. Why? Why can't you just have one person and they are either a candidate for a role or they're not? I've worked with so many other Applicant Tracking Systems and this was never an issue or even a "thing." Everything is "a la carte" - other ATS's such as Lever or Greenhouse are much easier to use, have built in functionalities that you'd otherwise have to pay extra for an API connector to have said functionality, and - wait for it - already have dashboards in place that make sense for most organizations - and will CUSTOMIZE IT FOR YOU - no questions asked!!

Gretchen O.
Director of Talent Acquisition
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/09/2019

"Long Term Icims User"

Comments: We are able to track where candidates are coming from, keep notes, share everything from one platform.

Pros: Accurate, great reporting and decent functioning once you understand the software

Cons: Not intuitive at all. Can be very frustrating for people who do not use it all of the time.

• Reviewed on 9/09/2019
Nathan A.
Recruiting Manager
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

"iCIMs can do it all!"

Comments: It's easy to get your jobs out there to more platforms with all of the recruiting tools iCIMs offers. I have enjoyed my experience overall and I try to continue to learn more. I am by no means a master of the program yet.

Pros: The software can pretty much do anything you want it to do as you can tailor it to your company's needs.

Cons: The software is so robust that sometimes it's difficult from a back end stand point to get it to function how you want it to. However, the customer care is very helpful.

by iCIMS on 21/03/2019

Thank you for the awesome review, Nathan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we are happy to hear we hit the mark for you and your organization.