15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About NinjaOne

NinjaOne is the easiest, all-in-one IT management solution that MSPs and IT professionals love.

Learn more about NinjaOne

Pros:

Ease of use, Cost, No false positives, excellent account management.

Cons:

Lack of built in scripting. Has custom scripting capability but a small script database.

NinjaOne ratings

4.5

9.3/10

NinjaOne has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 206 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NinjaOne before?

Gil
Gil
CTO in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Best-in-class RMM for internal IT Departments

Comments: Overall NinjaOne has allowed us, via automation, to turn our internal IT Department with very limited staff into an army. IT now has an insight into all assets, networks, and activities allowing us to become extremely proactive. Integrated ticketing and Documentation modules allow us to utilize NinjaOne as a nearly one-stop hub for all things IT (we still utilize a separate Remote Access vendor for enhanced features only they offer).

Pros:

After reviewing a host of RMM vendors we decided on NinjaOne for affordability, features, integrations, and support. What we like most is the feature set that revolves around automation. The dashboards, alerting and other features are intuitive and extremely effective. We now utilize the Ticketing module along with Documentation which alleviated two third-party vendors for us.

Cons:

Not much to report here. There are the occasional service disruptions to regional instances (ex. US, CA, EU, etc.) however we have not suffered any lengthy outages (typical growing pains).

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, Syncro and N-central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: We chose NinjaOne over the competition due to its reliability, customization, affordability, integrations, and premier-level rapid support.

Eliot
Technical Lead in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A solid, simple, modern RMM solution

Comments: It's simple and doesn't represent a huge investment of time, which when you have a lot on your plate is optimal.

Pros:

We recently migrated to NinjaRMM and I'm really impressed how simple and straightforward it is to set up. It also has a really clean, modern UI which is a big plus compared to some of the more legacy players in the market. Another big plus is that it supports disabling/hiding a lot of features that you don't want to use, which makes it easier to do a phased rollout/implementation. Lastly Ninja's onboarding services were good and their techs were helpful!

Cons:

Since it is a newer player on the scene, there's a lot of rapid development going on, so some things you'd expect from a more established product might be not-exactly-how-you'd-expect-it, and you're waiting on their (tbf, pretty rapid) development cadence to catch up.

Alternatives Considered: N-central

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: LogMeIn Central was not super pleasant to use and not nearly as feature complete as NinjaOne.

Switched From: LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: NinjaOne is month to month. We could have gotten a slightly cheaper rate with N-central, but then we'd be locked into a contract. For us, it's worth it to pay a little more to not suffer vendor lock-in.

Alec
IT Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Great RMM and Ticketing System

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, it is a great platform if you know what you are getting into. As an RMM it is excellent and without bells and whistles.

Pros:

Ease of use, scripting that just works, and the dojo community for help

Cons:

It is a little too basic. The document feature is not the best so we use a different product.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Atera

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Price point, ease of use, and nothing overly complicated.

Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

their SMS login is not working - no fix from their support in timly manner

Comments: not good, major issues should be fixed at the time and not dragged out,

Pros:

their is not a lot - I'm not impressed by their lack in support.

Cons:

the Sydney office is not picking up the phone - I doubt if it even exists, SMS verification not working - if you need Ninja to fix the issue they are not doing it in a timely manner.

Ed
Retail and Repair Operations in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Great company to help with all management needs

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] is awesome and has always been there. He would reach out every few weeks and is always helpful. We were passed to a new rep that has only talked to me once so if I had one thing I would ask for [sensitive content hidden] back because he is a rockstar.

Pros:

Price and features. When I need help I can reach out to my rep who helps me get direct access to support.

Cons:

Interface still a work in progress. Does not integrate with Malwarebytes Endpoint which is our Endpoint of choice though we buy Malwarebytes from Ninja.

Tim
Tim
Director of Technology in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best RMM tool on the market

Comments: I manage an in-house IT department and we always struggled with tracking hardware, history, and status. No matter what we found, we just couldn't get one that was accurate and easy to keep up to date. Ninja just DOES it. I don't have to think about it. I know all my machines in Ninja and the latest info on them is all right there. This makes our network more visible, trackable. My team solves issues faster, more accurately, and in a happier way than ever before.

Pros:

Ninja was so easy to setup. It's fun to tweak. The scripts are simple and there are even some basic templates. It tells me everything I need to know about a computer and what's going on. The integrations have been a huge help. Their documentation is precise, easy to follow and accurate. Our account manager actually cares and checks in on us every 2 weeks. Good vendors are so rare, no matter the product. I'm not really sure I could love this product and this company any more than I do.

Cons:

The only things I can think that I wish was if Ninja made some their own basic ticketing system. That's not a complaint about the product at all, but the other partners they integrate are way more complicated and expensive than I'd like. I know Ninja would crush it if they made a simple one of their own that was tightly integrated with the Ninja portal. Also, the NMS deployment is slightly clunkly. I would like Ninja to bring that in house too.

Alternatives Considered: Atera and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: spiceworks wasn't accurately keeping my hardware up to date.

Switched From: Spiceworks Cloud Help Desk

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ninja was easier and integrated better with the tools I wanted. The company was more pleasant to work with too.

Erik
Erik
IT Specialist in Netherlands
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Ninja RMM was what we were waiting for

Comments: From start till now, evrything good, good trial and demonatration, explanation, also the customer support, the forum, and after sales, good, fine and motivated people over there, not only too sell. They like so invest for long periods, no one day flies.

Pros:

The ease of use, the speed of the executing comands, the available features, the integrations with our MSP software, the development, customer care, after sales, etc etc.

Cons:

Can't name none at the moment, there is always space for improvements, but don't know what fill in here...

Alternatives Considered: Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: We were supprised during the demonstration, didn't know it can also work that easy, but still a complete solution. At the moment we still have an active period with Datto, but we don't use it anymore, just a few months remaining right now....

Switched From: Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Because the ease off use, and Ninja is way more faster with applying tasks or commands.

Grant
Network Engineer in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Favorite RMM to use and manage

Comments: I am very pleased, The account managers have always been friendly and helped connect me with the resources I needed and features I have requested have been added over time. The product really feels like it has grown better and better over the past 2 years.

Pros:

Ease of use, simplicity of using features and the platform performing as expected. There are also frequent feature updates that are taking community feedback and pushing those updates into the product.

Cons:

Lacking a feature to directly send action or script output to an email. I have been able to work around this by baking in SMTP aspects to all scripts that need it to have the script handle that on it's own.

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM, ConnectWise RMM, Atera and LogMeIn Central

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ease of use and very robust and smooth patch management experience.

Lucas
Lucas
Director in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great RMM for the price -Fast, Responsive and Feature rich!

Pros:

The interface once you get used to it is super fast and responsive. Great feature set, patching is very good and scripting also.

Cons:

The interface is a bit odd, however once you get used to it and learn your way around, it's fine.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight, N-central and SuperOps.ai

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Syncro was no longer suitable for our business.

Switched From: Syncro

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Maturity, less complex then some of the other options while still having the important features we wanted.

Patrick
Patrick
System administrator in Canada
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best RMM in the business

Comments: Making it easy to patch our assets and keep control over them. Our remote users love it when we can easily remote in and fix their problems.

Pros:

NinjaOne is easy to use. When you browse its admin center, everything makes sense. Things a properly layed out and easy to find. You can get going in just a few minutes. We use it on a daily basis and it's bundled with amazing features.

Cons:

A little tiny issue here and there, but nothing their technical support weren't able to handle.

Jamie
Senior IT consultant in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Exactly what we needed from an RMM

Comments: Very good. Even though we're a small IT company, every member of staff have made us feel valued as a Ninja client.

Pros:

The patch management works great, clients feel confident that we are proactive with important security updates.

Cons:

The UI can be a bit tricky at times but the online FAQs are very helpful.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Price but the frequency of changes and management lost our confidence in Solarwinds (formally GFI, LogicNow, Hounddog).

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: I was impressed by the efficiency, professionalism and that Ninja seemed to want to get to know us and work with our business.

Raphael
IT Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Powerful and cost effective RMM tool backed by an efficient support

Comments: We are very happy to have chosen the NinjaRMM solution as this has greatly improved our work efficiency, troubleshooting faults, SLAs, overall IT processes and support to our customers and internally.

Pros:

The product it is highly functional, constantly evolving in the right direction by listening to the MSP using it and so easy to use compared to other RMM's Overall asset list management and monitoring features TeamViewer and Splashtop native integration Variety of PSA desk tools integration Full antivirus integration with Webroot or Bitdefender was a key element and selling point Backup integration

Cons:

The overall integration was really easy. You feel like you are part of the journey with the constant development of new features Clear documentation on all features Efficient and knowledgeable support More granular reporting would be great

Alternatives Considered: N-sight, Avast Business CloudCare and SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Cost and financial flexibility Personal approach and communication throughout the onboarding process and beyond Ease of use

Lionel
IT in France
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Merci Ninja Rmm

Comments: I solve a lot of business problem , can correct almost everything by remote . My country is very large so they can help me also to make it from my office

Pros:

I like the contact with the ninja team , the free courses , they help me grow a lot .

Cons:

Some feature was missing , but Ninja team now put the backup solution and that’s work perfectly

Alternatives Considered: Acronis Cyber Backup and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: The customer, contact . The service , the purpose . The facility to deploy . The efficient of the software

Switched From: Acronis Cyber Backup and Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: I choose them cause I trust them . Free courses , free try . My manager always follow me and answer to my questions . The prices

Jesse
Network Technician III in US

Best RMM out there!

Comments: We have been able to have eyes on all clients servers which helps us a lot since before server drives would die without us checking or the client paying for your manual backup check service. Ninja allows us to monitor networks at a fair price to us and them. It also allowed us to use the TeamViewer integration to disable all RDP access for a much more secure remote tool.

Pros:

Ninja RMM has helped our MSP us better manage our growing customer base while providing us with the peace of mind client networks are being properly maintained and monitored.

Cons:

We have not had many issues with Ninja RMM so far. If anything the company is younger than most RMM platforms but funny enough I find that to be an advantage since they are constantly adding features and improving their platform.

Alternatives Considered: N-central, Kaseya VSA and ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Ease of use and general management was less intense. Ninja RMM also had a great support team based in the US that is always extremely helpful.

Corey
Enterprise IT Service Desk Manager in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Great Experience So Far

Comments: The entire process of working with them on pricing, getting demos, trials, implementation, support afterward has been simply stellar. I can't recommend them enough.

Pros:

Single Pain of Glass for so many things is great.

Cons:

Some minor features and details not yet available, but I have been assured they are on the roadmap.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect, Kaseya VSA and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing NinjaOne: Way too many issue with the Remoting into our users machines with Kaseya. Also found it to be much more complex than Ninja.

Switched From: Kaseya VSA

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Price Point and Ease of Use.

Ryan
Owner, Lead Technology Solutions Consultant in US

An Excellent Solution for Start-Up MSPs

Comments: Working with NinjaRMM's customer service was an excellent experience. Built with a team of seasoned professionals, all with various different levels of experience in business ownership, maintenance, technical support, and account management, Ninja delivers top-notch customer services in an efficiently timely manner. After speaking with their billing team and our account manager, we were able to work out flexibility with billing, remaining easy to work with and understanding while we straightened out our Accounts Payable systems. It's exciting to be working with a company that is ever increasing their capabilities, expanding their team, and continuously pushing out new features to allow us to operate more effectively in the MSP workspace, provide higher quality of service, and expand our customer reach by providing many different options for managing our client networks.

Pros:

NinjaRMM is incredibly easy to use, combining a fluid interface with powerful back-end features. One of the greatest things about this tool is that it just works. There's no complicated setup, or difficult to manage interface. All options and tools are clearly labeled, easy to understand, and the interface is laid out in an easy to navigate structure that is pleasent to look at. Our favorite feature by far is the SysTray customization options that allow us to place a service icon in the System Tray, and give our users tools directly on their desktop to self-resolve, or call assistance when necessary. Additionally, NinjaRMM has done a great job of implementing state of the art technology to provide SMNP monitoring capabilities, as well as managing and monitoring uptime and downtime instances.

Cons:

Some of the features that you expect to be there aren't yet fully deployed. We're excited about the potential for backup capabilities with Ninja, however these features don't work perfectly all of the time. In addition, their interface currently lacks a Task Manager system for managing services and tasks, however I've been informed that this is slated for a later release. I would be interested in seeing a development roadmap made public to the subscribers as it gives us a better indication of how to plan for new capabilities/integrations that we may be able to use. Additionally, it would be neat to make uptime calculations so that we can provide percentages for various services to our clients in our reports. Again, I have been informed that full report customization is an upcoming feature, and I'm excited to see that take place.

Olivier
IT Manager in France
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Adopt Ninja RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) as a MSP company and also for internal use

Comments: Proactive service
Real time issues detection
Scheduled action
Win a lot of time !

Pros:

- Clear GUI with excellent reactivity: Ninja RMM is designed to monitor and also to schedule actions after an issue detection, based on preset policies (for servers and computers, Windows nd Mac). You can also monitor webserver or internet line. Personalize a policy takes a few minutes and it's simple to interact with any computer (many useful options are available, as the CMD window). - Incredible ROI for new technicians. After a brief demo, a newcomer understands how it works. This was very important for us as we didn't have days to set up a monitoring tool... - Ninja NMS (Network Management System) is powerful and easily discovers assets in a network, monitor each asset and check it regularly (switch, printers, firewall, pcs, etc.) - Customer Service always on the top (email answer, community website, efficient commercial team) - good documents and videos to help during the beginning - Regular new functionalities: dev team listens to customer's features requests; probably the most important for me. The Ninja service is better and better and improves rapidly - Installing the Agent add it automatically to the customer/organization in the Console. Very useful if you send it to a new customer cause you don't have to log on and identify your MSP saas account tool! It is more secured. After 5 min, all the information (CPU, Memory, Services, Software inventory, Windows Event, Antivirus state, etc.) are available and can help to solve your customer issue.

Cons:

- Mac OS : all functionnalities are not yet available, especially software actions - Would like to have a netflow, syslog and backup in NMS for more firewall providers

7 years ago

Hi Olivier. Thank you very much for your review. Stay tuned we will be releasing a ton of new Mac agent functionality in the next couple of weeks :)

William
President in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Reliable RMM, Responsive Support, Receptive Executives, and One of the best softwares I have used

Comments: There was always a fear that the patching of machines was not being done properly. And the basic thing we are paid to do was patch. We would spend countless hours with other platforms verifying, rectifying, and doubling our work load. Ninja's patching just works, and now they have added reboot notification on the main dash so we can see in a glance what machines need reboot to complete a patch. Even with schedules reboots, this is a security blanket.

Pros:

The tool, just works. No fuss no mess. The MSP market space is hard enough without dealing with tools that do the opposite of what it is supposed to do. I have used other platforms, they start with K & N. One was just a bear to use, the other couldn't keep agents online. But Ninja, you install it, you set it and you check it. It just does it work. Which is to make my engineers life easier. What use to take 12 engineers, now takes 4. What you pay, is definitely not reflective of what you get. And the best part, they truly understand that in order for them to succeed, they need company's like mine to succeed. A true company that partners with us. I cannot say enoug good things about them.

Cons:

The reporting is a little lite, but the community has raised its concerns and now the fix is on the road map. Same goes for a slew of other features that the community wanted/needed. Just wish they could 100X their development team every quarter .

Jose
IT Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Could not think of a different solution

Comments: We were looking for a Remote access tool replacement, but encountered that NinjaOne's features will do other things we needed to resolve as well, like patch management and inventory.

Pros:

NinjaOne was extremely easy to setup and deploy within our organization. Using ESET to pus the installer, in a matter of minutes the computers were being populated in the dashboard.Easy to remote login to computers using either Splasdot, NinjaRemote or TeamViewer if you have the license to incorporate it. Installing/modifying programs, registry changes, ps scripts is very easy to do, and their knowledge base articles are very helpful

Cons:

We have only used this platform for about 5 months, but have not encountered a problem that could be resolved.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Intune

Reasons for Switching to NinjaOne: Much cheaper and had better features

Kyle
VP Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

A fantastic RMM tool, with a few needed features yet to be added

Comments: Ninja has streamlined our service delivery offerings and saved us money. It's a great tool and offers fantastic value.

Pros:

Value and feature set are the two easy ones. But the biggest difference with Ninja is the support and development. Support (and everyone else at the company), have been AWESOME to work with. Ninja has also kept their roadmap up to date and hit every milestone on it. That is HUGE from a software company. We have been very happy working with Ninja over the last 18 months.

Cons:

Ninja is lacking some search features that larger organizations need. For instance, with other products, we are able to run any crazy search our heart desires and act on it. For instance if we want to see all Windows 10 machines that have the latest version of Chrome installed across our entire client base, it's not possible with Ninja. We've been working with the company to get this implemented. Once they have that capability, I will have no other complaints!

7 years ago

Hi Kyle, Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We've recently released an advanced search feature under our Devices view through which you can build queries for Windows 10 machines that have Chrome greater than Version X. We're also hard at work with third-party patching so you can patch all versions of Chrome that's out-of-date. Stay tuned for that release :)

Nathan
Managing Director in Australia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Outstanding Piece of kit!

Comments: We are able to automate and detect a multitude of tasks and issues before they are needed to be done manually. This software does exactly what they say it does, saves you time and money. If you are in the MSP field and are looking for a RMM solution, don't waste your time with the opposition, go to NinjaRMM.

Pros:

We have grown along side this software, from the very beginning we were told what milestones Ninja were going to hit and they always come up with the goods. Our business has been able to grow rapidly and efficiently due to the help of this software and ease of use. We trialed almost every other software on the market, we wanted value for money and ease of use. If that's what you are looking for NinjaRMM is what you are looking for!

Cons:

If i were to be really picky i would have to say, development was a little slow in the beginning however every company has to find their feet. I can say these guys really have and they have a good support chain to continue to grow.

Kevin
I.T. Manager in US
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

We are fortunate as an MSP to have implemented NinjaRMM as our network device monitoring solution.

Comments: The ability to proactively manage our Customer's network infrastructure with confidence.

Pros:

To be a good MSP, good tools must be available. Those tools must be accurate, cost-effective and of course, easy to learn. Ease-of-use and customizable policies for device management and alerting are two of the features/benefits that stand out with this product vs. the competition. Being able to reliably and proactively monitor/remediate Windows/MAC and SNMP devices is the fundamental goal of our MSP relationship with our customers and NinjaRMM makes that possible in a cost-effective solution.

Cons:

I would like to see more detailed and customizable reporting options, such as the ability to create a custom report that will list any of the metrics I choose from the collected data. Also, I would like to see integration with more mainstream antivirus solutions.

7 years ago

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your kind words. We are restructuring some of our data on the backend to make it more accessible for reporting. This is a little bit involved and we'll let you know when we are close to new reporting features. Thanks again for being a partner! -Andy

Matthew
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Switching to NinjaRMM was one of the best decisions we have ever made as a company.

Comments: Productivity has gone up since we have been on NinjaRMM, even my "non-tech" office manager uses NinjaRMM with ease.

Pros:

Ease of use, the layout and design are intuitive and both easy to learn and teach, but it is also a very powerful tool to have at your fingertips. Their choice of partners is well thought out. The partners that are selected provide positive tools I can take to my clients without hesitation. The online community is very active and the key people at NinjaRMM are right there just as involved and always ready to listen to new ideas.

Cons:

Maybe some tweaks in how the reports that we provide to our clients could be setup. I would like to see the ability to select what items gone on each report. Some clients want just a general overview while other clients want all the dirty details.

7 years ago

Hi Matthew, Thank you for your support. We look forward to keep delivering features the community wants. -Andy

Adam
Network Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Solid product that just works. Doesn't try to be overly fancy or complicated.

Comments: Makes managing client servers and workstations much easier than our last RMM platform. The Integration with TeamViewer is top-notch and works almost like it's part of the product.

Pros:

We like the simple and easy to navigate interface. When testing the product compared to other RMM platforms, we noticed right away the difference in how simplified Ninja was and it didn't take us 10 minutes clicking on ten sections and five sub-sections before we found the setting we were looking for.

Cons:

The product does lack some features, and as new features are added it does take away some of the easy-to-use nature of the interface. Hopefully Ninja will be able to balance the addition of new features (which it does need to remain competitive) with maintaining a clean interface. Thus far, they've done a pretty decent job, but that may be due to the product still being fairly spartan compared to the bigger players in the industry. Fortunately for us, we did not need all of the extra bells and whistles the big guys have. Those extra features don't come cheap, either.

6 years ago

Thank you for the review Adam, we will do our best to be the best RMM on the market. Please send any feedback related to features to [email protected]

david
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

A fantastic product

Comments: a very helpful team

Pros:

simplicity, great features and a doddle to setup. Some useful features, not available elsewhere

Cons:

i would like more software options, and maybe a tech call every quarter to go through my setup, and suggestions or help with Ninja

Alternatives Considered: Datto RMM and SolarWinds Service Desk