15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About Zendesk Suite

Zendesk offers the industry leading customer service solution.

Learn more about Zendesk Suite

Pros:

Zendesk has solved so many issues in one program. Pricing is good and a fair price.

Cons:

There are issues at times with uploading data and exporting data. Sometimes data is deleted or missing for no reason.

Zendesk Suite ratings

4.3
4.3
4.4
4.2

8.2/10

Zendesk Suite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,918 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zendesk Suite before?

Filter reviews (3,918)

Roland
Roland
Senior Account Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Powerful but complicated

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It’s a centralized communication and ticketing system. It allows us to keep track of customer comms and link them to specific items within our systems.

Cons:

It had quite the learning curve. It’s a sometimes complicated tool and new agents often need hand-holding when onboarding.

Brenden
CTO in Belgium
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

All in one package for customer support and external documentation

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Zendesk offers a easy-to-use and complete feature set for customer support and external documentation. All of which is maintainable by non-technical people.

Cons:

The set-up and fine-tuning to your specific process might require some time to figure. While their rule engine is super flexible, it requires some getting used to.

Jason
CTO in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Worst Support in Industry

Comments: The service before the sale was exceptional. However, we found out too late that the service we purchased is not the service we were shown. There is no way to get support for the product. Everything costs extra.

Pros:

There is not much that has worked perfectly. The live chat has cut down on our overall customer support time, however the setup was more difficult and the maintenance is more difficult than other solutions. Most of the features that we like either don't operate on all versions of Zendesk or they only work about half of the time.

Cons:

The mobile app is almost unusable. But nothing is as bad as their support after the sale. You will get the excellent communication before the sale and you will be shown every feature Zendesk offers, but after the sale you will find out that there is no way to contact a human for support and all of the features that they showed you are not included and cost ridiculous amounts more. For instance, for us to add AI chat, business hour management and reporting to our account (all of which were included in our demo as part of the plan we were buying) it would more than double our subscription cost on a yearly basis.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Desk and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: We thought it would integrate better with our current systems. Unfortunately many of those integrations are poorly built or glitchy because Zendesk does not want you to use the integrations they want to upcharge you for their version of the service.

James
Music Manager in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Steve Rob Music - Zendesk Suite Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Our experience is great, and we are happy to continue using Zendesk.

Pros:

We have used Zendesk for about 3 months. We really enjoy how easy it is to customize branding, add or remove agents, and setup specific policies. We enjoy how we are able to do everything with an easy to use dashboard which has everything all in one place. We also utilize Zendesk on our other platforms, such as our websites, merch store, etc. It's very easy to integrate and our customers enjoy it!

Cons:

Zendesk is very costly, but we were able to get a discount as we are a startup company. I would like if Zendesk had a free plan to begin with. Obviously there would be some limited features unless you upgraded, but it would allow things like web chat or a certain number of agents.

Shalonda
Purchasing Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Suite Life of Zendesk

Pros:

It literally keeps track of everything. And we have the ability to add in more parameters. As well as take away parameters if no longer needed.

Cons:

Being unable to CC appropriate parties inside Zendesk.

Nico
Network and Security Systems Administrator in Bahamas
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Zendesk Suite offers the best customer support. It's a gem

4.0 last month New

Comments: If you want to be a pro in providing customer support,you should work with Zendesk Suite and make it easier for your customers.

Pros:

They deliver a very impressive customer service and it's very easy to monitor the needs of your business and that's why it's my favorite. Zendesk Suite is very flexible it favors even the beginners and all business types

Cons:

I ain't complaining about anything about this tool.

Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

Top notch ticketing system

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

As an administrator, Zendesk offers a comprehensive set of tools for managing customer support operations. The ticketing system is robust and customizable, allowing us to tailor workflows to our specific needs. The reporting and analytics features provide valuable insights into support performance metrics, enabling us to identify trends and areas for improvement.

Cons:

Zendesk's customer service is generally responsive, occasional delays in resolving technical issues can disrupt operations.

Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Its a good app

Comments: overall its bee. A great experience. I definitely recommend it

Pros:

its easy to use and navigate. The layout is great also.

Cons:

it does take a bit of time for them to answer

Jessica
Jessica
Senior Customer Success in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

I love ZenDesk - Support and Guide!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Organization, the searching, the reporting and the usability.

Cons:

Somehow my contact names get messaged up and switched around, no idea how.

Veterinary Technician in US
Veterinary, 501–1,000 Employees

ZenDesk For CSR Application in Vet Office Setting

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall it was decent maybe not applicable in the veterinary setting but in other settings I can see it being very successful

Pros:

Zendez helps streamline questions that our customers may have and get some to us you can timely manner

Cons:

Hard to use and get used to using however easier once you use it

Justin
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Law Practice, 51–200 Employees

Has a Lot, but Surprised By What it Lacks

Comments: Their customer service is wonderful and they'll bend over backwards for you, but the options I found that were absent (at even the highest, most expensive levels) really made me disappointed. They are able to track UTM codes which is great if you're using Google Analytics, but if this isn't a concern of yours, I highly recommend searching for a more affordable alternative with more customization. They're out there.

Pros:

The implementation is incredibly easy, and there are multiple installation tutorials available online for users. However, tutorials for anything beyond basic set-up and basic customization of the chat button are hard to find, and you have to go up several levels of help to get solid answers if you're really looking to customize it for your operators.

Cons:

The absence of common-sense features I had gotten used to from our previous platform. Options such as "Round Robin" routing are not available unless you go for the high-money level usage, and options like having the platform automatically switch the operator to "away" whenever their computer was locked or on screensaver were absent. Their auto-idle kicked in if their window was idle, even if the user was still using the computer, which makes it frustrating and pointless.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho Social and LiveChat

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: We needed to track UTM codes from Google Analytics and Provide Support was unable to do that at the time we switched. Full disclosure: Provide Support says it can now track UM codes, but we've run into roadblocks when testing it.

Switched From: Provide Support

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: The ability to accurately track Google Analytics UTM codes, price, and features.

Ted
Ted
Production Support Coordinator & IT Specialist in US
Mining & Metals, 51–200 Employees

Need help from Zendesk? Forget it. Don't even bother.

Comments: Horrible. I only use this software because it would be a hassle porting all existing tickets over to a different platform. I needed billing support from them, and my ticket was 'escalated' to the Finance department, but nobody ever got back to me in time. Literally a few days went by and not one word from my Zendesk agent. They have a poor support system. So, if you don't ever need help with anything and know what you're doing, then ZD is probably for you.

Pros:

The software functions nicely. It is very well put together. They make it easy to run a help desk.

Cons:

The support, or lack thereof. If you need support for this software, they take a long, long time to get back to you. You better know what you're doing, because if you need to get a hold of them, I wish you the best of luck.

Alternatives Considered: Freshservice

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: A couple years ago, Freshdesk was lacking in features. I recently discovered they updated their platform.

Switched From: Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: Features

Govindraj
Head of Support in India
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Productivity and Efficient Support tool

Comments: We wanted out of box support solutions so we moved from Salesforce to Zendesk so we don't have deployment cost in Zendesk. Everything comes out of box and as an Admin u just to read their Knowledge KB and configurat the system to meet ur business needs. We have achieved 24 x7 chat support services with the help of Zendesk chat which is a excellent software

Pros:

The best part of the Product is it has multiple channel support, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business customer support agents productivity, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business productivity as well.

Cons:

Yes Zendesk has recently launched Explore as an analytical tool in replacement to their Insight analytical tool which is not up to the mark and much complex in comparison to Insight. Also their training and learning cost is High which should be reduced.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001–5,000 Employees

We've reduced customer service handling time with Zendesk

Comments: Using Zendesk, our customer care representatives are able to obtain the information they need on their own. When I handle the articles, I hear nothing but good things about how this program makes my job easier and more productive. They may use slack to look for answers, and the results will be linked to relevant articles in Zendesk. Zendesk may be easily integrated with other services, such as slack.

Pros:

I loved Zendesk because of its features and thorough reports. However, I found it tough to use and far more difficult to produce reports than other CRMs and Helpdesks. Compared to other Helpdesks, the social analytics are similarly low. The Suite's triggers are among my favorites. One of the most important advantages for us is the sheer number of plugins and integrations available.

Cons:

The difficulty of creating dashboards and the amount of time it takes to do so annoy me. Because of this, the dashboard might be a bit confusing at times, with data that are out of sync.

Brandon R
Brandon R
Software Engineer in US
Wireless, 501–1,000 Employees

Query history management and aggregation by tags (content) can be done easily

Comments: Customer queries used to be managed in Excel. Still, it was time-consuming to track history and the status of responses could not be managed, resulting in cases where there were omissions in responses. However, with the introduction of Zendesk, it is possible to aggregate by tags and monitor trends easily. Since it is possible to manage match/no match status, there are no match omissions.

Pros:

Excellent for query management. When managed as a ticket, there are no omissions and it is difficult to deal with duplicates. difficult to deal with duplicates. If you create a view correctly, you can easily understand the scope of correspondence for each department, and the reporting function is also important, so it is easy to look back.

Cons:

There is a high degree of freedom in customization and several settings, but it is difficult to understand visually and takes time to learn. There is also a query response function, but where is the content of the response saved, where is the draft, etc. are difficult to understand.

Alternatives Considered: Pure Chat

Reasons for Choosing Zendesk Suite: I felt there was a limit to managing queries and tracking query content in Excel, but by introducing Zendesk, I could reduce the man-hours for history management. It also helps with tracking by managing query content through tab settings.

Switched From: Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: Tags and triggers tend to be complicated and, if used across multiple departments, affect each other, requiring a supervising administrator. The Zendesk installation was well organized. Queries that were handled by a small number of people have increased in the number of people, departments, products, frequent omissions, and duplicate responses have greatly decreased.

Danielle
Senior Support & Product Specialist in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Cost More While Providing Less Than Competitors

Comments: For a company that specializes in customer service, they are a joke. It takes several days to get a response from someone, you will never get support from someone in your time zone so when they do respond, it will be during overnight hours. They also will not have a phone number or post their working hours in their signatures. They don't even use their own product correctly-- I have received emails showing one name in the "From" line and a totally different name in the signature. Their automations will also send at inappropriate times-- I responded to an agent's request for more details, the agent responded and stated that they are working on the issue. Soon after, I received an automation stating they haven't heard from me and are closing the ticket. They will also try to charge you to get your data exported. Don't fall for it! There are free programs that will do this for you quickly and easily, including all of your Knowledgebase articles and the images associated with them. When importing to another system, you will need to reinsert the images within the articles because they are no longer hosted on Zendesk but the free export programs offered by competitors will name the files in a way that makes it clear and easy to identify which image goes where.

Pros:

I had a good laugh when they advised me to use Google search instead of their own search tool.

Cons:

The features are limited and sales will mislead you to believe that they help you get started. They neglect to mention that there are additional costs for certain features that they tell you are "included with your subscription", and the training options are insane. They charge $350 for a 10 minute video that didn't even answer one of my questions. Fortunately this cost was waived for me after going through 2 account executives, a sales manager, and 2 support/training specialists (calling themselves developers) over the course of 9 months while trying to get a simple answer about how to use and report on Tags.

Joshua
CEO in Ghana
Research, 2–10 Employees

Zendesk Suite: The Ultimate Customer Support Tool

Comments: In my overall experience with Zendesk Suite, it has been a game-changer for my business, resolving critical pain points and delivering a range of benefits. As a small business owner, I faced several challenges in managing customer support effectively, but Zendesk Suite has transformed the way I interact with my customers and streamlined my support operations.Firstly, Zendesk Suite's multichannel support has been a lifesaver. With the ability to manage customer queries and issues across email, live chat, social media, and phone, I can meet my customers wherever they prefer to reach out. This has significantly improved customer satisfaction and response times, as I can provide timely assistance on their preferred platforms.Another standout benefit is the integrated knowledge base offered by the Suite's Guide module. Creating and publishing help articles and FAQs has empowered my customers to find answers on their own, reducing the strain on my support team. This self-service option has not only saved time for both my customers and staff but has also improved customer engagement and empowered my customers to troubleshoot common issues independently.Furthermore, Zendesk Suite has helped me gain valuable insights into my support operations through its reporting and analytics capabilities. With Explore, I can track key metrics, monitor agent performance, and identify trends to make data-driven decisions. This has enabled me to optimize my support processes, allocate resources

Pros:

1. Support Across Different Channels: One of the things users really love about Zendesk Suite is how it lets businesses provide support through various channels. Whether it's email, live chat, social media, or even phone, the Suite has got you covered. This means customers can reach out for help using their preferred method, making it easier and more convenient for them to get the assistance they need.2. Easy-to-Access Knowledge Base: Another great feature of Zendesk Suite is its integrated knowledge base, called Guide. This is like a virtual library where businesses can create and publish helpful articles, FAQs, and other resources. Customers can then access this knowledge base to find answers to their questions and solve problems on their own. It's like having a self-service option that puts the power in the hands of the customers, saving them time and reducing the need for direct support.

Cons:

1. Complexity of Setup and Configuration: One common complaint is that the initial setup and configuration process of Zendesk Suite can be quite complex and time-consuming. Some users have expressed frustration with the learning curve involved in getting the system up and running according to their specific needs. It may require technical expertise or assistance to fully optimize and customize the Suite to align with their business requirements.2. Pricing and Cost Structure: Another concern raised by some users is the pricing and cost structure of Zendesk Suite. While it offers a comprehensive set of features, some users find the pricing plans to be on the higher side, particularly for smaller businesses or startups with limited budgets. The pricing tiers and add-on costs for additional features or user licenses can be perceived as a barrier for some organizations.

MARLON
Reservations Manager in Belize
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Fastest way to connect and interact with your website visitors!

Comments: A wonderful tool to have on our Resort website! This tool has helped my team and myself close sales in less than 15 mins. Definitely a great tool for support as well. It's a faster and convenient way for clients to reach out to us and get information which leads to great costumer service! My team is very satisfied with Zendesk Chat and we look forward to its continuous updates! It is part of our sales & support team! Keep up the good job!

Pros:

That our clients can visit our website and ask questions right away about our services and our team helps them I'm purchasing the right services there and then! We can see clients who visit our website and we can interact with them and offer assistance. My team has closed sales just by chatting with clients, which makes this a wonderful tool! We are very pleased with this service.

Cons:

My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our clients. This is part of our sales team!

Alternatives Considered: LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to Zendesk Suite: We found Zendesk to be a feature rich tool and was the best fit for our Resort website. We certainly don't regret having chosen Zendesk!

Erica D.
Erica D.
Director Of Administration in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great software, terrible support (ironically); Hope you don't have to leave

Comments: Our company has been using Zendesk for 5-7 years. I was not personally around when we onboarded it, but I have worked with it for over 3 years now. We have terrible trouble any time we did need support, for a system problem or a question we couldn't answer ourselves via their expansive maze of KnowledgeBase. The support reps at Zendesk have been accusatory, excuse-ridden, and most of all don't even read the tickets you submit to understand the problem (Zendesk support actually became an office joke. That's about the time we decided we had to look for another tool). When we met with our Account Rep to try to get some of the issues worked out, we were told basically that we weren't even supposed to have gotten the level of support we had received, and proceeded to explain how SaaS works (we're a software company, mind you). I think Zendesk simply got too big too fast, and somewhere along the way decided that the businesses using their product aren't important anymore. They lost this long-term customer.

Pros:

Zendesk as a tool does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well. We used Support + Guide products, for ticketing for our e-learning business, and also for our Self-Serve support (knowledgebase). It is full-featured, and comprehensive. As far as support rep work goes, it's simple, to the point, and it integrates well with many tool because it is such a large company. It is designed for an enterprise company.

Cons:

Because it is so full-featured, it can be years' work to get everything set like you need, and they provide little to no assistance. Some of the basic settings are so deep and so spread out, you'll spend hours reading through Help articles to understand how to customize your ticket form. It is NOT small-business friendly, it is really meant for large companies with someone dedicated to maintaining this software.

Giovanni
People Solutions Senior Specialist in Thailand
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zendesk is an intuitive and reliable CRM tool.

Comments: Zendesk is our ticketing platform at present. Again, it helps us connect with our employees who need assistance whenever necessary. Another feature of the software is it can host a page containing a library of helpful articles and documentation for our customers. These articles can also have secured visibility by assigning user segments allowing us to manage effectively.

Pros:

Zendesk is quite easy to implement and is reliable. It is able to support what we needed in our organization for providing support to our customers (mainly our employees) in the HR space. At present, we implemented to support the employees' entire life cycle from recruitment to termination and even post-termination. Zendesk has the capability to integrate with other systems like Workday through APIs, where we can manage user creation, updates, deletion, and ticket management. They also have a built-in analytics feature where we can build queries and dashboards within Zendesk, enabling us to do ticket analyses and handle SLAs to improve our customer satisfaction.

Cons:

The pricing is relatively high, given the limitations that Zendesk can provide, especially the licensing costs. We also experienced difficulties in reaching out to technical support. There were multiple times that the technical support would say that what we're asking for is not technically possible, but our developers were able to find the solution ourselves. Moreover, they don't have a way to support escalations whenever necessary. In managing security through user segments, the logical functions are quite limited which makes it hard for us to create complex rules.

Nazir
manager in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Zendesk Suite: A Comprehensive and User-Friendly Customer Service Solution"

Pros:

One of the things I like most about Zendesk Suite is its ability to centralize and streamline customer service operations. Zendesk Suite offers a wide range of features such as helpdesk ticketing, live chat, phone support, self-service portals, and more, which allows businesses to manage customer interactions across multiple channels. This makes it easy for businesses to provide fast, efficient and personal customer service, which can be particularly important for businesses that rely on customer loyalty

Cons:

One thing I like least about Zendesk Suite is that it could be a bit overwhelming for new users, as it offers a wide range of features and functionalities. It can take some time to learn how to use all of them effectively. This can be a challenge for businesses with limited time or resources to invest in training their staff.Another aspect that could be considered a downside is that Zendesk Suite is a subscription-based service, which means that businesses will need to pay a monthly or annual fee to access all its features. While the pricing is reasonable, it may not be a good fit for small businesses or organizations that don't need all the features that Zendesk Suite offers.Lastly, it's worth mentioning that Zendesk Suite relies on a stable internet connection to function properly, so if the internet connection is weak or unreliable, it can cause problems such as slow performance, dropped connections or even lost data.Overall, while Zendesk Suite is a powerful and user-friendly customer service solution, it may not be the best fit for all businesses or organizations. It's important for users to carefully consider their specific needs and preferences before deciding to use the service.

Cristian
Cristian
Marketing specialist in Argentina
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

5 star user experience

Comments: Despite the small problem I had with the learning curve initially, I felt that as the months went by I gained greater mastery and speed in solving all types of cases using this platform. The ease of integrating it with other company systems such as CRM and automating processes was highly valued. Overall, I find Zendesk Suite greatly streamlined my daily tasks as a support agent, focusing more on the customer than the systems. I would definitely recommend this solution to any company that needs to provide operational excellence in their help desk

Pros:

What I liked most about Zendesk Suite was its modern and intuitive interface. As a support agent, being able to access all the tools I need easily through a single panel allowed me to respond to tickets in a more agile and productive way. The layout of the widgets was clean and easy to use, which made me feel comfortable resolving all types of requests without any problem. In addition, having automatic rule-based task assignment functions helped me optimize time. Without a doubt, Zendesk Suite's very well-designed interface was what I valued most as a user

Cons:

What I liked least about Zendesk Suite was that being an all-in-one platform, I sometimes felt like it had too many options and settings, and I had a hard time focusing on the most important tools. At first it was a little overwhelming learning how to use all the different sections like the help center, the marketplace, analytics and so on. I would have preferred to have a more gradual learning curve. However, I recognize that over time I better understood how to get the most out of each functionality thanks to the help of the support area

Thamara
Thamara
Gerente de desarrollo de aplicaciones y servicio al cliente in Venezuela
, 11–50 Employees

Quick and easy implementation to my Support Center

Comments: Zendesk is an easy-to-use, dynamic, intuitive customer service tool that allows the use of macros to optimize messages to customers.
Zendesk is easy to implement and with adaptable prices. I have recommended this tool to several friends for their organizations

Pros:

Zendesk is an excellent tool for the management of requirements or requests. It facilitates the management within my Support Center. It allows to automate response to our customers. Also, customize the tool according to the type of company. From this tool I manage to serve the internal and external clients of my organization. As well as, send satisfaction surveys once the support is finished. Their specific user roles allowed me to implement the tool in the organization in a short time, even without investing much time in training because it has very good material for users on the web. What I like most about Zendesk is to be able to automate the responses to clients and macros. Zendesk has elements for case management, live chat, design a knowledge base, have a panel to the client. Since we included this tool in the company we have improved our response levels in the support tickets and with this to customer service. I like the flexibility of purchase packages or use of the tool, through payment by users or agents. Also, although we have not configured it for now, it is interesting to integrate with VoIP to take the call from customers or interested parties.

Cons:

Zendesk for being a tool for customer service would be interesting to link or customize good practice agreements at the service level and operational. We as a client can add response times, and define with a category that is requirements or request and that are incidents. Next, what features Zendesk would need: * Add response time according to the type of requirements or request. * Define type of requests and incidents * Get graphs by type of incidents * Get graphs with crossings between service agreements and operational agreements. This would allow us to measure the effectiveness of the support center based on agreements with customers * Have notifications every time you are consuming the time of a ticket, considering the times of agreements at the service or operational level * Have a video call

A mediocre product that doesn't get better as it grows

Pros:

I struggle to find good things to say. It works and rarely has performance problems. If you need very basic support ticketing and are just starting out, you could use it and be successful. We did. But the functionality and support for those organizations between startup and large corporation is nil. If we were a very large organization, I could see it being a valuable product.

Cons:

1. It is incredibly difficult to keep track of business users. When you are a SaaS supporting clients who have end-users, organizing tickets and documenting issues is very important to find patterns. This is not possible in Zendesk, at least at the Team feature level. There is not a central location for information for an organization outside of a Notes box that is basically a tiny sidebar textbox that allows no formatting to make notes over time readable. 2. There is no way to reference individual comments in a ticket because individual comments do not have their own IDs. This makes it very cumbersome to keep succinct notes and refers back to my first point. The only way we can review a client's history is through wading through a bunch of tickets with an endless stream of comments. I can't get a good timeline overview of their experience and issues, which is so essential to good issue triage. 3. Lack of features for those at the less pricey levels is pretty bad. There's no way to make our contact forms more customizable (like having a message to the person on the ticket - there is only limited description area and those are question/field based) and we don't have access to conditional logic on the forms. So we are left with clients just throwing issues at us without getting good information from them to get a one-touch resolution. The way Zendesk works it forces us to give lower-quality support. 4. There's no exporting your ticket information or running any sort of report if you are using the Team or lower feature level. These, to me, should be basic features as they pertain to the most basic of needs for any support team. Not only that, it ties you to the product and punishes you for leaving. We can't move to another product because we can't take our ticket history with us. 5. The features and performance is inconsistent. For example, there are "Triggers" and "Automations". Triggers and automations are the same. The only difference is the automations are time-based. But they don't tell you that in the interface - there's nothing telling you what is required to set up the automation in order for it to pass validation, only an error message. And by following the instructions of the error message, you can still get more errors. But there's nothing there to tell you the overall requirements so you can avoid errors in the first place. And in the Triggers interface, they leave out a large amount of placeholder options for seemingly no reason, so you have to go find the placeholder references for yourself. In my opinion, Zendesk doesn't have the user in mind. They put out new features and integrations, but the core product is so severely lacking that it seems like they feel they are operating on auto-pilot and their product needs no update itself. It's a shame, because it was probably was a good product with a lot of potential back when it first started up.

Whitney
Email Marketing Coordinator in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Clean and user friendly!

Comments: ZenDesk really is the best CRM I have ever used, and I was in customer service for 10 years. By far and away the most intuitive, simple and clean user experience you will have for a consumer facing CR interface.

Pros:

My consumer care team went from using another CRM to ZenDesk and it was like night and day! Cluttered to organized! Overwhelming to clean and easy to navigate! The best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to search for tickets by contact, user or subject and merge those tickets into one. That way you don't have to respond to multiple ticket from the same consumer about the same issue, you can clear those all out at once while creating a better consumer experience (one outbound email). Similarly, the ability to mass select tickets and close at the same time either as Will Not Address (which is a great option) or you can mass select and close using one macro/template. This is particularly helpful when your site has experienced a glitch and you've gotten thousands of tickets about the same issue, you can close them all at once when the issue is resolved or if you have an update. Speaking of macros, having an easy place to store your personal templates as well as share the best templates from your team is a game changer. No more keeping templates stored in random docs and then copying/pasting. Overall, I love ZenDesk! It must have been desinged by people who have been in customer facing roles or focused group the pain points for CRMs incredibly well.

Cons:

I really do love this product. The only thing to mention that could use improvement is the (seemingly) constant outages. There were some days where we would have to wait hours to get back in to the tool. I will say, though, customer support was always on top of it and super responsive.