• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Backlog

Project & code management, together at last. Plan work, track progress, and release code right in Backlog for all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Backlog

Eric P.
Postdoctoral Researcher
Research, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"A great app for any work with an active team"

Comments: We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

Pros: I really like the fact, this is easy to add some issues and to follow any kind of problem. This is also really easy to assign an issue to someone.

Cons: The different kinds of priority are not enough, that will be better to let the user define its own priority (high, normal and low are not enough sometimes to make the difference)

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Daniel O.
COO
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2017

"At first Backlog seems like a bit much but now our team could not function with out it."

Comments: Streamlined workflow and the ability to see who's accountable for what and where projects are. It's help us stay on track and keep projects under budget and on time.

Pros: It's task oriented without feeling like a burden. Other project management tools I've used feel like glorified lists but Backlog offers a lot more. Getting your team on board is difficult but the flow of using Backlog makes sense and came natural for us. We work 100% remotely so if it didn't work we would know right away something wasn't right.

Cons: For us, one of the strengths about Backlog is the integrations with Typetalk. We use both but I do with they were more tightly integrated. For example, simply using at mentions on Backlog. Messages from Backlog issues go to Typetalk and we use @username to create an alert on Typetalk at the same time. This might be particular to our team but it's really helpful. When I type (@) on a Backlog comment or description I want the list of usernames to show.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2017
Surendra P.
Developer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/05/2020

"Great Software"

Comments: It is very user friendly and easy to use

Pros: I have been using backlog from the past 2+ years. It is very easy to use. It has many features like wiki, store file, gantt chart... Recently they introduced the Board which is very useful to see all the tasks in one place.

Cons: There is nothing i am disliking from this software

• Reviewed on 5/05/2020
Sandeep G.
Junior software developer
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"we are love to use backlog"

Pros: I liked the way of bugs maintenance and having simple ui to understand by the non technical persons as well.

Cons: mail structure. In mail try to add bug status in front. (closed or added). In mobile push notifications we are unable to differentiate whether it is added or closed.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Engineering Manager/New Product Development
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"This service is very good."

Comments: We use Backlog to track all the work in the department. All the documentation is stored in Backlog. It's very convienant.

Pros: The software works well. It makes it easy to track what everyone in the group is accomplishing each day.

Cons: When we send emails to Backlog, embedded pictures are lost. We work around it but it would be better if it just worked. Additional reporting would be nice to have.

Carmen G.
Senior Managing Director
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Backlog Review"

Comments: Solid PM tool with flexible pricing options.

Pros: Solid Project Management tool for software development teams. Interface is intuitive and training is minimal. Good reporting and project communication capabilities.

Cons: Sometimes the more advanced features you are looking for are only available in the higher cost subscriptions.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Prabu L.
Team leader
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Backlog review"

Comments: We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve UI

Pros: issue type and tags. Easy to create new issue/task

Cons: Need to concentrate on User Interface so that user can easily access the app

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Alex R.
Software Developer
Program Development, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/03/2019

"Backlog"

Comments: Various team planning projects organized with the developers, organizers of activities, the testing and support team. It is wonderful the system of assignment of tasks and notifications that allows to always take the project to the day and with the priorities to solve.

Pros: Easy to use and practical for manage projects and teams

Cons: The attachment files is not very much easy to use, it may be better

• Reviewed on 4/03/2019
Conrad K.
Sales Representative
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Absolutely fantastic way to manage your pest control business. Managing has never been so easy!"

Comments: Tracking appointments. Managing progress. Creating follow ups

Pros: I love how I can schedule and track appointments. Before using this products I was left to on my own devices to schedule and often times we would miss appointments. Have not missed one since.

Cons: I do wish they had an analytical reporting feature. It would be nice to have a one-stop tool to manage all sides of the business.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Riya P.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Amazing experience"

Pros: This product is easy to use. It has great functionalities for every user.

Cons: Nothing found so far. Better numbering of tasks.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Serkan G.
Co-founder, CTO
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Easy to use and flexible issue tracking software"

Comments: We are using backlog for issue tracking. It is flexible, it allows us to define our own states. Also it is easy to create new issues and search for existing ones.

Pros: I love the kanban view. Also I like the flexibility of the issue states so that I can set up my way of working easily.

Cons: Even though there is an attachment preview I wish when you click on them you could get a bigger preview within the site itself.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Oleksandra B.
QA engineer
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2019

"Review for Backlog"

Comments: It is easy to create a new project, and easy to start using it for new users.

Pros: Very convenient management and bug tracking tool. looks like well-organized space for project management. Good to have Slack intigration

Cons: It was little bit tricky to migrate all ready issues to Backlog. For now, if there are a lot of projects it looks messy, it will be nice to have the possibility to combine them in folders

• Reviewed on 26/02/2019
Thomas B.
TIer III Support Analyst
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2018

"Used this product in school and work"

Pros: What I like most about the tool is that it provides an easy to use interface that allows for team collaboration and sub-tasking.

Cons: The only thing that I would say that's negative is that it runs slow at times but I believe that's a result of our environment.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2018
Jodus M.
Primary/Secondary Education, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018

"Try it for free now"

Comments: No

Pros: Some of the best online project management tools for developers on the market today, hands down. Workflow A1

Cons: You have to stay onto people of it even though the layout is clear and easier to use. Visuals could be improved

• Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Rahul R.
Customer Success Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees

"User Experience"

Comments: Backlog is solving the company's issue.

Pros: Feature of assigning a bug to a concern person is very good. It is easy to use.

Cons: As of now i do not think there is any missing feature.

Nitsan F.
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"My experience with BackLog"

Pros: Combines the features that usually are scattered over a few apps. The ability of several teams in different places around the globe to work together on the same database, collaborating and exchanging thoughts is just great.

Cons: Document editor can be a bit more user friendly

Đặng H.
QA
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"Backlog need to be changed and improved"

Comments: Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project.
I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ...
I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros: The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons: when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused.
I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed.

Milan K.
Lead Solution Architect
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"After months using free version for 1 project we successfully moved to paid version for all projects"

Comments: We track not only reported issues/incidents, but also the planned project tasks to have overview who is working on and what is the backlog of all unassigned tasks.
The main benefit is to not have projects information in several excel or project files but in one place. Also our status meetings with our teams are faster and more effective.

Pros: Easy to setup and use including graphic differentiation and access rights for individual projects (customer logo and colors).
No training required for users in our company who adopted this tool very fast.
In addition, GantChart is really usable with several options for grouping, automatic issue creation from email is also useful to support our clients and track how our internal specialists perform. Internal wiki is also used in our company to document not only the knowledges and technical information to be shared with others in the team, but also the meeting minutes related to our projects - everything stored and available in one place.
The mobile application also works as expected.

Cons: It is not possible to create links/relations in GantChart helping to display dependencies and reschedule the project tasks when something happen - now all issues have to be moved manually.
Navigation in wiki would be enhanced little bit.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Hai N.
QA
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Some Uncomfortable"

Comments: Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros: - Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons: 1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Nguyen N.
Project Director
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Good services with the best price"

Comments: I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros: I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Cons: need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Mendy D.
Assistant Vice President
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"Backlog helped my team with organization"

Pros: My team is using this product to log issues about a new website we are running live. We are able to each submit issues, whether it's an urgent item that has to be fixed or just a suggestion on something we would like to see changed. It keeps us from double logging our issues because we can see all of the issues daily and our IT person can log and communicate the status on each issue. It seems to be helping us stay organized on what items are priorities.

Cons: I don't like that you have to click on the issue to see the latest comments on it. I wish it would display the latest comment like a preview of an email will.

Senior Project Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Good tool overall for bug tracking"

Comments: Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros: Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons: It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Praveen S.
Product Delivery
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Product for Monitoring Product Activities"

Comments: My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros: Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons: Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Hernan A.
CTO
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2021

"A must in UAT stage"

Comments: We are in a huge project that goes from an old BSS to a new one. We are moving from monolithic software to a microservices architecture, so the project is quite complex. The backlog allows us to handle issues during user acceptance testing in a very clean and dynamic way.

Pros: Very easy set up. Users can get used to the tool very quickly without special knowledge or training.

Cons: We have been using the tool for 2 months and we still have the benefit, so I have not detected any drawbacks yet ...

• Reviewed on 14/03/2021
Pramod S.
Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Awesome Software"

Pros: Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons: Still i did not find any Cons in this software.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018