Filter by:

• Overall

About Backlog

Project & code management, together at last. Plan work, track progress, and release code right in Backlog for all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Backlog

Ivan B.
Ivan B.
Managing Consultant in Czechia

backlog.com better than many "Goliath" systems

5 3 years ago

Comments: We use backlog.com as overall tracking and project management tool for our projects, support tasks and maintenance activities that we provide to our customer. We selected backlog.com after evaluating many other tools (like Jira, Pivotal tracker etc.) and backlog.com became the clear winner. Why ? Because this tool combine together the best features of all other tool while still being neat and straightforward. Backlog.com has been proving it at our daily use for 1 year approximately. Well done. Thank you.

Pros:

neat design supporting easy of use all necessary functions available on-click excellent for agile approach clear and easy administration of projects, people etc. integration with email and MS Excel (exports) subtasking no-time to get started and leverage the tool by users fast and responsive design standalone application for iOS

Cons:

nothing essential maybe more storage space included in plans better numbering of subtasks (to include number of parent issue)

Software Tester in Serbia

Excellent ,easy to adopt,easy to use

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are using the Backlog tool on 2 projects with a total of c. 30 people involved. For one of those, it is used solely as an issue tracker. For the other one, it is used as the main tool for managing the project( keeping the track of backlog items, version, milestones, question, improvements....) Wiki is widely used for changelogs and manuals. Project documentation is stored in the Files section.
The whole team ( especially the upper management) is really satisfied with the tool and we will keep on using it for upcoming projects.
It also has gained some traction in the entire company so other teams are using it with the same results and satisfaction.

Pros:

- easy to use - Wiki functionality - ability to add a custom category and issue types - dashboard and recent activity - search functionality works excellent - support team

Cons:

- lacks the ability to add custom status for issues (starter plan) - mail notifications are sent to the assignees only, but not the one notified in the notify field

Mathieu L.
CEO in France
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great tool for product dev

4 2 years ago

Comments: Issues are now well qualified, documented, categorized, with priority, easy to focus on what needs to be done

Pros:

This is a great tool to organize dev, see how it goes, what needs to be done, who's in charge of what. It really helped me to make my projects live and faster than before using this great tool

Cons:

I wish the mobile app would have been more developed to have the same features as on web version

Deny P.
Unit Manager in Indonesia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 Employees

Common software in Japanese Company

5 3 years ago

Comments: I use this software maintaining the offshore project from Japan, this software mostly good, never hang or shut down, because this software conduct the maintenance after the office work. Overall this software is good for maintaining the projects.

Pros:

1. We can attach project file into the software. 2. We can track by the project category.

Cons:

The interface not so attractive, that's why Japanese people mostly like this software.

Miguel G.
Owner in US
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees

Feature rich project management program

5 4 years ago

Comments: The features I found in Backlog are often those you only get to experience in the higher-end products. Backlog provides multiple subscription levels that provide various features based on your organization's needs. The features are distributed among these subscriptions in a smart way, allowing you move between these levels as needed. It has an intuitive design and is quite easy to use.

Pros:

Backlog offers 5 account levels, including a free version that provides plenty of its features to take it for a spin. Feature rich project management tool that does more than just manage stories and tasks at a project level. Competitive pricing includes issue tracking, code review, collaboration, and much more. One of exceptional benefit that exceeded my expectation was the inclusion of a Wiki, something that most project management tools do not include or charge extra for access. This is a big plus for development teams. Track milestones, store files, and much more from an affordable tool that does not nickle and dime you. Easy to setup and use. Great dashboard for an overall view of your projects... very functional.

Cons:

Cannot really test out some of the features in the higher subscriptions unless you upgrade. But maybe worth the shot, as their price levels are not all that bad. As with any tool that has increased features and capabilities, there is a bit of a learning curve when compared to other products.

Administrative & Marketing Assistant in US

New Custom Software Tester

4 last year

Pros:

Last year, I started working as an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a custom software company and before I started here, I had no experience in the field. I started testing to learn more about the development side and was then introduced to Backlog. Backlog has helped make the learning process smooth for me. As someone who enjoys lists, this site is great. It helps me prioritize and communicate thoroughly.

Cons:

I wish I use use multiple filters. For example, under the category "not closed" I am trying to test just the ones listed as "bugs" so I have it filtered to show me just the bugs under this category. But I also want to go from oldest to newest but when I click that, it shows me all of the issues in that order.

Vito M.
Process Analyst in Brazil
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Excellent for bug tracking

4 2 years ago

Pros:

Backlog enables you to register and track bugs on your system, being an agile and easy-to-use tool for any type of user. It has several options for bug tracking, from version and tag specifics to a wiki for quick reference and consistency of information. In addition, the ability to include users to be notified about a bug's resolution, without necessarily being the creator or assignee, is very good and functional!

Cons:

While creating an issue, if the company has already standardized a way to include them, Backlog does not indicate if a bug has already been registered, causing the multi-user test routine to become a bit messy and / or repetitive if they do not check the list before including the issue.

Chiara G.
employee in Italy
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Chiara

4 last year

Comments: It is good compared to other product ex. Jira

Pros:

I like that is easy to use but some features have to be more accurate.

Cons:

It is not always easy to understand where you are. There are a lot of functionalities but not always are clear

Angus J.
Product Manager in UK

Simple and does what you need it to

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and allows our team to do what we need to without getting in the way.

Cons:

A few additional QoL additions onto the features that are already here would be great (such as multiple assignees).

UX/UI Designer in Italy

Good software

4 last year

Pros:

Easy to use, nice workflow and great bug tracking

Cons:

Doesn't have a great text editor on the issues

Johan V.
Project Manager in South Africa
Airlines/Aviation, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to Use

5 3 years ago

Comments: Easy to keep track of activities, easy to assign new users,

Pros:

Daily tracking of activities, when they are due and/or overdue Daily report

Cons:

Would like to see a more MSP-like display of the project plan and Gantt chart

Bonnie B.
Manager in Singapore

Backlog Review

3 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use, the UI is attractive too as i can have different Theme for different Project

Cons:

Print of Project List into Excel, all the Description of task are not included

Business Analyst in US

Great Option

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and handling. Easy to create new projects.

Cons:

Linking tickets to an Epic is not available just like JIRA

Carla D.
Recruiting Coordinator in US

Wonderful project management program!

5 4 years ago

Pros:

This product is easy to use and very functional. It is great for beginners and expert users alike.

Cons:

Not being able to cc other users to add them to the group. This would be helpful to have in order to cut down on the time it takes to involve other users.

Akhilesh M.
Akhilesh M.
Software Test Engineer in India
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Backlog has your back!

4 2 years ago

Comments: The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros:

Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons:

There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing Backlog: It was very difficult to track and monitor, the interface was confusing.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Backlog: Bang for the buck!

Santhosh rao M.
Santhosh rao M.
Android Lead Developer in India

Best Review Software

5 3 years ago

Comments: I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros:

I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons:

Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

Cabin Y.
Chief Marketing Officer in Thailand
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees

Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects

5 2 years ago

Comments: In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros:

Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons:

I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

Scientist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to learn quality program

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros:

I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons:

There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

Vivek O.
Consultant in India

My experience for backlog is awesome.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It has given a great platform to collaborate for work. We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management. Great tool.

Cons:

Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc. If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

Bhadra A.
Marketing Manager in Indonesia
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Good Experience

4 3 years ago

Comments: After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros:

- project management based - easy to use and create project/issue

Cons:

- some part confusing in terms of UI - people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Ruby On Rails Developer in Vietnam

Review for Backlog

5 3 years ago

Pros:

It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons:

When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

Mitchell S.
Software Developer in US

Backlog is a very useful tool

5 last year

Comments: Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros:

I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons:

Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

Jeremy C.
IT/OT Engineer in US
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

Backlog for the Win

5 3 years ago

Pros:

We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons:

Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

Suzanne L.
Eng in Singapore

Overall not a bad experience

4 4 years ago

Pros:

ease of use

Cons:

one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update

Anuj R.
Application Scientist/ Sales Representative in US
Research, 11-50 Employees

I would recommend this software

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall it is an awesome tool.

Pros:

It improves connectivity among employees and is very user friendly

Cons:

The search button present at different location does not work the same way.