15 years helping New Zealand businesses

About OptimoRoute

OptimoRoute gets the job done. The easy-to-use software plans and optimizes routes for delivery and service technicians in seconds.

Learn more about OptimoRoute

Pros:

Very easy to deploy and use. Simple integration into existing hardware.

Cons:

Sometimes it is hard to know where to go if you need to make unexpected changes in a hurry. For instance if a driver needs to switch their navigation app or if you need to edit some stops.

OptimoRoute ratings

4.5
4.6
4.4
4.4

8.9/10

OptimoRoute has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 153 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used OptimoRoute before?

Mark
Delivery Driver in Canada
Logistics & Supply Chain, Self Employed

Simply the BEST

Comments: So you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour.
If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!

Pros:

First and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.

Cons:

OK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

5 years ago

Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at [email protected] so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!

Alfredo
Operations Manager & Co-founder in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

OptimoRoute transformed out business

Comments: It's been a pleasure using OptimoRoute. The pricing is very fair, especially compared to some of the other services out there. I'm so grateful OptimoRoute is affordable for a small business like ours. Their customer service has always been quick to reply. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], specifically, has been very friendly and helpful. They clearly know their platform very well which isn't always the case with customer service reps.

Pros:

Our company maintains beehives in backyards. Prior to finding OptimoRoute, I spent hours in front of Google Maps manually planning our routes. I thought it would be impossible to find a platform that would let me add such a huge number of variables. I can tell OptimoRoute a date range that we want to go back to our hives, what days the customer prefers we be there, and where our beekeepers reside so that the routes are efficient as possible. What used to take hours now takes 15-20 minutes! Other things I love: customizable emails and texts, the driver app, custom fields.

Cons:

I wish there was a calendar feature. A Google Calendar sync would be amazing. The timeline features make it difficult to see the week or day at a glance. The ETAs in the automatic texts are sometimes off by an hour or more.

Alternatives Considered: Jobber

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute: Square didn't offer route planning and the texts/emails it sends to customers cannot be customized at all. OptimoRoute is a game changer.

Switched From: Square Appointments

last year

Thanks so much, Alfredo! We love hearing how OptimoRoute has saved you time and made several aspects of your planning and business easier. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so we are so glad you've had a great experience. Do continue to reach out when you need anything - whatever you need!

Eric
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Good Set Up/Needs Updates

Comments: Pretty good.

Pros:

I like that I'm able to move addresses Geo-Location to accommodate for alleys or driveways that are on a different street (aka, service spot is different than actual address spot). I like the functionality of the software, uploading routs etc. It's pretty simple to use!

Cons:

The maps are outdated, and I almost ALWAYS have to fix the route. It marks roads that are not roads, are blocked off, or it will label a creek or wash (Arizona) as a road.

Alternatives Considered: Route4Me

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute: It was easier to upload and make changes to my route.

Switched From: Routific

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: Route4Me is way to expensive, and it wasn't that great anyway.

JONATHAN
Owner in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Invaluable product

Comments: Routing improved and streamlined, bottom line increased, product pays for itself many times over. I have tried a number of routing software applications and optimoroute is the top choice you can make. Reliable and easy to learn you will question why you ever did without it.

Pros:

I need to route two different work crews all over northern Illinois, usually 150+ miles per crew per day. In the past each crew chief would use a Garmin GPS to manually route up to 15 service visits per day but since using optimoroute we have increased work time and decreased travel time plus saved 15% yearly on fuel costs per crew truck. This product pays for itself immediately and will increase your bottom line! The customer service is first rate and I always received an answer from the team at optimal the same day and enjoyed a solution within 24 hours, The program itself is user-friendly and easy to master.

Cons:

Absolutely nothing, I could find no negatives using this software, dealing with the company and the people there

Alternatives Considered: Worldnet Payments Platform

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: It is absolutely the best of all the choices considered.

3 years ago

Hello Jonathan, it's awesome that you're experiencing so many benefits of using OptimoRoute - that's what drives us! Keep an eye out for new features and upgrades coming out in the very near future...

Georgi
CEO in UK
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

Comments: I am running transport company in UK.
My experience is from 2013 till now.
OptimoRoute is really great product.
Most important. They are working on the product to be updated.

Pros:

Easy to use. Great customer support. No mad price for the product compared with other on the market.

Cons:

Noting to write here. With this Customer service you can sort all your problems.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing OptimoRoute: More options to manage my business. Simple easy and strait is the OptimoRout .

Switched From: RoadWarrior

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: Easy to work with OptimoRout. I do have around 156 questions (how it works, Why they are have particular options like future, and many more). I have some doubt for OptimoRoute is the right Choice for me. Unfortunately after 1 conversation and one Video tutorial with really skilled mentor. I have no doubt for my choice "OptimoRoute". Many thanks for the Great Customer support. Lady with name Zrinka is this Great person. Personal Many Thanks to Zrinka.

Ludens
Planner & Capacity Analist in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Brandwise

Comments: Very pleased. Its user friendly and logical, also great to look back at history routeplanning.

Pros:

Easy and logical product. Well thought out. Great help when first starting off. Later state of using, the help was no longer required all is going well.

Cons:

We are not able to plan with multiple depots within the country. We use over 40 different depot/shugards. It would be brilliant if we could add them to the routes.

Alternatives Considered: eLogii and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: We have grown to much to keep using Excel. eLogii is a (much) cheaper alternative but they are still developing and currently cannot provide the same results and requirements that we need to conduct our business.

last year

Hi Ludens, We're so glad OptimoRoute works well for you and was easy to incorporate in your business. We understand the need for multiple depots. It's feedback like yours that continues to inform new development. Stay tuned and keep in touch about your routing needs! We've got great stuff coming.

Cathy
NOW Program Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Esceptional Customer Service

Comments: The benefits from the program has been significant to help us grow a new program within our organization. We are able to deliver to food sacks to homebound seniors because of you fabulous route optimization process.

Pros:

The mapping of the route is very helpful and the most impactful. I love that it takes the guess work out. When a route needs to be adjusted it is with ease. The ability to divide the route between drivers based on time, percentage and miles is a huge plus.

Cons:

I wish that it would interact with our Pantry Program and GPS systems. That would be a dream and would ease redundancy. I would love to see a place to add photos, customer sign off of delivery and time card feature would be amazing!

Alternatives Considered: Verizon Connect, Routific and Badger Maps

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: The ability to import customers, pricing, mapping, and the ability to send the route to our drivers phones.

3 years ago

Thanks for your review! Great to see that OptimoRoute is helping your business grow, we love this kind of feedback. Stay tuned for our next big feature release - we think you'll be thrilled!

Dan
Cofounder in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Works well for us!

Comments: Overall, happy with what it does for us.

Pros:

Having the ability to have multiple drivers available to plan routes is super nice. The core functionality of planning the route for optimal efficiency is what I really appreciate.

Cons:

It's a bit dated in how it works, could use a bit of a refresh to be a bit more intuitive.

Steven
Steven
National Operations Manager in Australia
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Positive but needs improvement

Comments: Really good on a basic level, routes are effective and reporting is adequate however requires a separate maintenance management tool so doesn't resolve some issues that could easily be managed in the app with some accounting integration.
Recommended for small business who are just looking for a route optimisation tool.

Pros:

Very easy to deploy and use. Simple integration into existing hardware.

Cons:

The mapping that Optimoroute uses is different to google maps therefore produces different travel times. No option to avoid tolls for routing. Believe it would be better to have the routing tool imbedded in the app. Also some reporting could be looked at as it does not appear to be correct. Also if hardware is attached to a vehicle the driver cannot sign on and off, and you can only track the truck not the individual.

3 years ago

Hi Steven, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we really appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear you were satisfied with our pick up and drop off features. Thanks for letting us know about your concerns and issues. You can contact us at [email protected] so we can hear more about the specifics of your case and improve your experience. We're constantly working on improving our route optimization software and you can keep track of news about new features on our socials, so be sure to follow us!

Jane
Office Admin in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Free Trial

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I had an excellent experience using OptimoRoute and will use it again. I received a follow-up email with contact information and I called with a question. I was impressed with the support I was given.

Pros:

Our small company had been searching for an easy way to deliver over 300 gifts at Christmas. We had volunteer drivers who made deliveries to a few homes after their work day. OptimoRoute, let me choose a small number clustered together for each driver.

Cons:

I was totally satisfied with every aspect of the software used.

Tim
Logistics Manager in US
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

OptimoRoute gets the job done.

Comments: Overall, we are satisfied with the features and ease of use for OptimoRoute and have used it for 6+ months.

Pros:

As a logistics manager for a food company, we were looking for ways to increase our reach beyond grocery stores when coronavirus started, so we started a local home delivery business. We tried out a few route managing apps before settling on OptimoRoute and we've had no reason to change. OptimoRoute's app was by far the simplest for our drivers to use. I also really like the ease of manual scheduling delivery points after I've already created a route. It's simple and intuitive and I can even make changes to routes that the driver is on and it will send the updates right to the driver's app.

Cons:

One downside, is that it can be difficult to plan multiple routes at once for multiple drivers in the same city by only using the automatic route generator. I found that often I have to make minor adjustments to the suggested routes in order to optimize the plan.

Leanne
Owner in Canada
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for Lawn Care and Snow Clearing Companies

Comments: Overall, I'd rate it a 4/5 stars as it does everything I need it to do, however wish it did just a little bit more.

Pros:

Love the live tracking abilities for customers, review options for customers, etc. Allows us to give detailed instructions to staff on the task that needs to be completed.

Cons:

Cost is good, however wish that we could use the system to send out emails (i.e. notices) to customers to be able to ask whether they want to opt for additional services, etc., sorta like a mail chimp, or some way to integrate into your accounting software such as other apps.

11 months ago

Seasonality that comes with lawn care and snow removal business creates very specific software needs and we are glad to hear that we have managed to cater to them. It's also nice hearing that our features are helpful for your everyday work. As for emails, whilst OptimoRoute does not accommodate marketing messaging, we do send email and text notification for when an order is complete. There is no character limit for email notifications and would be a perfect place to ask your customers to opt in for more services after a job is successfully completed. That said, our engineering team works daily on making improvements and updating OptimoRoute with new features and we would love to hear your suggestions! Just send us an email at [email protected].

Mike
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Painting Contractor who saved $7,500 by using OptimoRoute

Comments: Long story short... We're a painting contracting company that paints 700 residential homes per year. To do that we bid on 2,000 projects per year in the Great Phoenix (Arizona) area. So, about 40 stops per week. Part of the issue is there are some time frame requirements for certain customers AND the Greater Phoenix area encompasses some 2500 square miles (6500 square kilometers). OptimoRoute has reduced scheduling workload by 125 hours per year ($3,125), miles driven by 3,000 per year ($1,500). This, along with the improved customer service and proposal turnaround time has given us an overall cost savings (or benefit) of $7,500 annually. When I call about a question or issue it is answered clearly and quickly (normally on the phone or within a few hours) or if it's a bigger request within one day.

Pros:

Ease of use for both office staff and field personnel.

Cons:

Nothing specific for us. I have seen multiple enhancements within the past 12 months that tells me the company is receptive to providing features based on customer feedback.

3 years ago

Hi Mike, Thank you so so much for reviewing OptimoRoute. It makes us so happy to hear that our optimization software has been of great value to your company! That's what we're here for! We're especially glad that you managed to cut down on costs and time in your business processes. If there's any additional information you're in need of, feel free to drop us a line at [email protected]. In the meantime, keep an eye out for new features that we'll be rolling out soon by checking out our socials.

JEFF
Support Services Mgr in US
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

OptimoRoute review - One year later

Comments: The folks at Optimo are passionate about their product and it shows in their ability to effectively respond to our specific business needs. Up until now, we've never been able to find an off the shelf product capable of managing our specific logistic requirements and Optimo has done an outstanding job in tailoring OptimoRoute to meet every one of these requirements.

Pros:

OptimoRoute has proven to be a very versatile platform for our logistics department. The software accommodates all of our time, date and licensing constraints which was critical for our business needs. In addition to effectively managing our constraints, Optimo also manages the large volume of orders/routes we process every month. Another feature we have found to be beneficial is Optimo's ease of use. The UI is very well thought out and users can begin creating routes with very little need for tutorials.

Cons:

Nothing specific comes to mind although some enhancements to the multi-user functionality are something we are looking forward to and are forth coming.

5 years ago

Awesome to hear, Jeff! User feedback helps us develop new and amazing features, and your feedback always helps tremendously.

Meghana
Operations Manager in India
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Convenient, reliable and easy to use.

Comments: Easy to use, delivery tracking makes it all much easier.

Pros:

1. Ease of uploading data. 2. Makes appropriate routes and can schedule 2 drivers at a time. 3. In some situations, we can schedule 2 delivery timings for 1 driver making the clearer for the user who is live tracking. 4. In case I put an address, it saves it in it's data base for the next time which makes it easier to not rewrite the whole address again.

Cons:

1. There are instances where the route setups are completely irrational and then they have to be manually set up.

11 months ago

Thanks - making the app intuitive for our users is one of our top priorities so it's great to see the work we've put in is paying off and that you're making the most of the app! OptimoRoute will always generate the optimal routes for your drivers, taking into account all predefined constraints. These routes may sometimes appear to be counter-intuitive, especially when a user has a deep knowledge of the area where routes are being corrected. Record the total distance traveled and working time planned for each driver, then recreate routes which have been previously used. You will then see the distance and time saved. If they still are less than optimal it may be that orders were inserted manually, without re-optimizing, or taking into account how their placement would affect overall time and distance. Select the driver and click Plan Routes, Allowed Changes, Keep Drivers for planned orders fit in new orders. to re-optimize the route. For more info, email us at [email protected].

Claire
Operations Manager in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

We love OptimoRoute

Comments: Optimo's customer service is incredible, their software does almost everything we could ever need, in an intuitive way, and we'd be lost without them!

Pros:

This software has enabled our business to be 2X more efficient! It's great that we can track and analyze the data over time, and has been an incredible tool for our drivers while on the road.

Cons:

There's a couple things here and there that would make this thing easier to use, but the team at Optimo is constantly upgrading and even within the last 6 months, it has become a more suitable product for us!

Alternatives Considered: Fleet Complete and Onfleet

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: Customer service.

3 years ago

Hey Claire, guess what - new upgrades and features are on their way! We think you'll love them too. Stay tuned...

Thomas
Director in Australia
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Business Changing Product!

Comments: Great!

Pros:

- its accuracy (customers are raving that our drivers are turning up on the minute of their ETA) - the time saving it brings to the business - the best routes are far better than what I would be able to achieve with manual GPS input. - versatility (can send 1 driver to do 40 drops or split between 2 or more)

Cons:

The only thing that could be improved for my business is to have another option when adding more deliveries to an already established delivery run. One that was "keep planned routes unchanged, add new orders to existing drivers"

Alternatives Considered: Onfleet

Reasons for Switching to OptimoRoute: Preferred the cost per driver model.

Aly
Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Customer Review

Comments: I still feel like I’m not getting my needs met with the type of industry that I am in. I often find myself still needing to manually Plan routes. Which leads me to another point that the manual route planning feature has been a lifesaver. Right now it’s not meeting all of my needs but it does the basics

Pros:

OptimoRoute Is fairly easy to use once you are trained on the software. Initial training on the software was really good, For the most part it is user-friendly.

last year

Hi Aly, Thanks so much for the review and feedback. We are in the process of adding improvements to manual planning itself, so we are excited to hear how it works for you. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]. We'd be happy to look at your workflow to see if we can make your planning even easier without manual planning.

Kelsey
Owner in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Used Daily

Comments: We’ve tried other systems in the past. Optimo has had the best customer service and the best use. It rarely makes mistakes, which is invaluable.

Pros:

The routing is effective. I love that we can see where our drivers are real time and help direct them if needed. Breadcrumbs help as well when trying to find a lost package.

Cons:

It’s complicated pricing. Although, I like the auto top up for sms.

11 months ago

Hi Kelsey - thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate it! It's amazing to hear that our software has made your everyday work a little easier and that our support team was able to assist you along the way. Feel free to ask your account executive about the details of the pricing and they'd be happy to go over it with you!

Matt
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use Route planning software

Comments: 5/5

Pros:

Very easy to use, and set up, while also able to communicate with customers effectively

Cons:

Slower on updates and new features but they are working and not buggy

12 months ago

Hi Matt, We're glad that you found OptimoRoute to have better support, pricing and features. We develop and monitor our new releases really carefully and and our uptime is 99.9%, so we're happy you noticed that we're not buggy. To see the latest updates in OptimoRoute, be sure to check out the "What's new" feature under our Support navigation menu.

Agin
Transportation Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Optimo Review

Comments: Overall experience is pretty good. Stop numbers and analytics could be better.

Pros:

Setting up routes and live tracking orders.

Cons:

The route stops don't come in orders, need to update to make stops more strategically. The analytics is confusing.

11 months ago

Hi Agin - glad to hear you are having a good experience using OptimoRoute! As for your other questions, our support team would be happy to jump in and help guide you through using analytics. Just send us an email at [email protected] and someone will reach out to you ASAP.

Teresa
Founder/Owner in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Review by The Produce Squad

Comments: Overall, love the app. Very professional and reliable. Our drivers have had no to very little experience with the app crashing or not working for them. Great app!

Pros:

I love the tracking notifications sent to customers. Very professional! Also, I love how I can import addresses from our orders on Shopify and then see the locations all at once on the map. The app is great and easy to use for the drivers as well.

Cons:

We are a small company and for the amount of deliveries we perform at this time (less than 75 per week using the app twice a week) its expensive. However, we can scale with this app so its in our best interest to keep it. Also, I wish there was a function to notify all scheduled deliveries at once via text and email. For example, we delivery produce the same day it is delivered to us from the main distributor. If the main distributor is very late, we'd like to send a mass communication to only scheduled orders for the day about the delay. I realize the real time tracking adjusts the schedule, but we'd like to send a personal message about what is occurring and why.

President in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Cannot live without it

Pros:

The software can be set up with routes days or weeks ahead of time and can be rearranged as needed. Also allows us to track the teams and know when they are completed and in time

Cons:

More driver apps allow them to enter notes on the task so we can see it remotely

11 months ago

Hi John - thanks for the review! Glad to hear you've been liking our planning and tracking features. As for the notes, you can have your drives write notes and attach them to the task by activating our Proof of Delivery / Service feature. For more info, feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Angela
Delivery Coordinator in US
Fine Art, 11–50 Employees

Parthenon Framing

Comments: Great

Pros:

I can track drivers and give time windows to customers

Cons:

Does not save phone numbers without coping order

11 months ago

Glad to hear that you are getting all the benefits from our Realtime Order Tracking feature and that it's making your customers happy as well! As for saving phone numbers, for most of our customers the contact details for the end customer may change from day to day. Because of this, we give users the option to input the correct contact details for each day's orders. If you have any additional questions, our support team would be happy to help you in making your workflow smoother, feel free to reach out to them at [email protected].

Fernando
Manager in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great Product

Pros:

I like how easy the system is to use and how easy it is for our staff to use as well. The ease of uploading excel sheets to make the process quicker and the ability to assign to multiple drives has been a game changer.

Cons:

I don't really think there is something I don't like, I feel that there is always something to improve. I would like to see OptimoRoute become HIPAA compliant so we can add more member data to the platform.

11 months ago

Hi Fernando - thanks so much for the kind words, we love reading stuff like this and seeing our customers happy! Also glad to hear that you've been liking what our features do and that you find it easy and intuitive to use - that's what we strive for. As for HIPAA compliance, we definitely have our sights set on getting it, probably by the end of year, so stay tuned.