• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5

About JotForm

Ideal for businesses of all sizes, it is a form building tool that helps users create survey forms while also reviewing submissions.

Learn more about JotForm

Sara T.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2020

"Jotform + iPad + Dropbox = Contract Robot!"

Comments: Fantastic! They helped provide a piece of the puzzle I was missing to give a solution to a client with a special need. The ease of setting up the form, connecting Dropbox, and even embedding it into the webpage we used was easy as can be.

Pros: I was faced with a unique problem with a client who wanted to collect contracts they used in their business (lots of contracts weekly) with out having to have physical forms floating everywhere. I used the integrations that Jotform offers - like digital signatures and Dropbox syncing to create a workflow to minimize paper, expedite contract gathering, and have a digital record with out the hassle! Clients could visit a special website that contained the contract on an iPad by the main entrance, sign the contract, submit it, and BOOM! It was gathered in virtual storage!

Cons: I didn't find much I was displeased with when it came to Jotform. There were minor style tweaks that I couldn't get around when using the form inside of a website but it was so minor that it's not even worth the complaint.

by JotForm on 1/10/2020

Glad that JotForm helps expedite the contract process. It's really great when the workflow is quick and easy. :) Thank you for your nice review and have a good one!

• Reviewed on 22/09/2020
Heather-ami C.
Artistic Director
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/02/2021

"Built-To-Suit"

Comments: Overall, it is an easy to use program with a lot of options. I like the way the information collected is emailed to us, and available on the dashboard. Takes some set-up time, and so we often delete old responses in order to re-use forms.

Pros: Drag-and-drop method is great for new employees and experienced. Easily able to tailor forms to exactly what we need. All results are emailed in a thread, which makes it easy to print or copy to other locations.

Cons: Max number of responses limits the number of employees who can use the set-up at one time. Also, max number of categories means we often have to create more than one form.

by JotForm on 11/02/2021

It's great to know that JotForm is an all out solution for your needs. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed on 4/02/2021
Omar A.
Programmer
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Site @JotForm : To create electronic forms"

Comments: The easiest and most effective ways to create a form JotForm.com of the early originators of the forms (if not the first) to emerge on the internet, and during this time they improve the service and make it perfect and second to none. Claim that they have the easiest service, when you want to create a form, you can see why easily. You don't need to spend money or give credit card information to use the features of the site, but they offer an unlimited number of forms and reports fields and forms. For this reason alone, you need to experience JotForm

Pros: - Is the location of the @JotForm : To create electronic forms in an easy manner and very flexible to support the addition of the boxes especially with the credit cards, and input information directly to you through several programs. Uses sentences if it is through, you can hide some fields and show them based on the selection
User
While most of the sites and programs to modify PDF files that can help you to edit the model or form you already have, the little tools give you the option to create a PDF form the full of yourself, like if you want to create a CV or a contract or something like that. Site Jotform is the place you need to mean to achieve it. It is a free site and wonderful to create files and documents PDF forms with different templates. All these templates were designed by site Jotform themselves to give to everyone without charge. Divided forms templates to multiple categories, such as certificates, agreements, contracts, resumes, etc., knowing that each category contain many other forms, so I prefer to use the search field of the site. Once you find the template you want to use, open it within the editor Jotform and then make your edits to any part of the model then save it as PDF on your device. The only problem here is the watermark Watermark for the site that are placed on each page, lists you must subscribe to the premium account

Cons: Will fans create the forms difficult to leave this long email will take some time to respond

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Daniel C.
Director of Communications
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"Great form builder for ministry!"

Comments: I was a JotForm user in 2009/2010 at the first church I served with. Then I didn't use the program for a while, and tried other form builders over the years. I went back to JotForm two years ago and haven't looked back. The ease of use, the features, and their desire to always improve and add more makes choosing them a no-brainer. I use JotForm almost daily, and I am able to execute the types of forms requested from the various ministries at the church. They are always pleased with the quality, and the speed with which I am able to put the forms together for them.

Pros: In churches, sign-ups are needed for so many events, and that has doubled and tripled during COVID as capacity limits are set. JotForm gives so much flexibility for the types of forms needed and the type of data being collected. And with conditional logic, you can streamline your forms to avoid clutter and make them easy for users to fill out!

Cons: If I had to give a negative, it'd be the work required to figure out setting certain conditions for forms. It is not always straightforward, but thankfully I was able to find my answers in the forums.

by JotForm on 16/02/2021

Thank you so much for your positive review. It's great to know that JotForm helps streamline the process of your religious activity and we are also glad that your issues were resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us in our support system through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help you. Have a good one!

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Keturah S.
Executive assistant to the Rabbi
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Served it's purpose"

Comments: It gave me what I needed. For the most part it did what I needed it to do. If something better had not come along, I would continue using jotform.

Pros: I liked jot form quite well. I use it for different forms needed for our ministries website weather it was a contact us form or an event form. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't to difficult to use actually pretty easy.

Cons: It is almost impossible to get customer service help. If I am having an issue I like to be able to speak to someone who can help me through it. I also had to bump up to a more expensive level because when we do events which occurs a few times a year it would exceed the form limit. I kind of wasn't happy about that. We are talking a few times a year not every month or more often. I am transitioning out of it. We have gone with a ministry management system that also allows for form building. I like it better than jotform and will not renew this year. Also if registration ended for an event I had to go in there and manually shut it down. There was not a cut off date/ time option.

by JotForm on 16/09/2020

Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for the troubles you've encountered. Just to clarify, we have a Support System https://www.jotform.com/answers/ where you can get help in less than an hour. Our Support Team works 24/7 from different parts of the globe. Though we don't provide phone support because we believe web app issues are too hard to handle over the phone and we also usually provide links, guides, screencasts so you'd be able to easily follow the steps to resolve the problem. You can also reach us into our support email at support[at]jotform.com. Feel free to contact us through our Support Contact Form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ should you have any questions.
Best Regards!

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Andrea S.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice

"Changed my life!"

Comments: Been using it free for a while, albeit we havent really got down to understanding it fully, so I took the plunge yesterday and upgraded to Bronze. As a micro business with only three of us, this is amazing. We now have a complete set of delegate booking forms that we can just send to our delegates who can instantly fill them in on their phone and press submit and send them back. And they look so professional. I havent integrated with payment options yet, but when I find time to work it out, I will. At the moment I am completed addicted to designing forms, even if we dont actually need them..lol.... its so easy, and just makes life so much easier for us. I havent had the need to contact anyone at Jotform so cant say what the Customer Service is like. But thats good I guess, that the system is easy so you dont need to contact them??

Pros: Fairly easy to get your head around and quite easy to see what the software is doing. Drag and drop functionality is great. The finished on line form looks great, very professional. Its easy for your customers to fill in and submit back to you. For your customers it works on laptop, phone, tablet easily. You can select different languages, although this is very restricted on what becomes translated. Not that expensive. Instantly updates changes but the links stay the same, so you dont have to keep changing any link information. You can download a report as well and access returned forms if you lose them on your email. Thats brilliant. This means I can access returned forms away from the office, when perhaps I cant access my email.

Cons: The PDF Forms are a bit clunky, with boxes tending to jump all over. Not as easy on PDF as the on-line version. Its really frustrating that the scroll bar to move up and down your document is obliterated when you open the right hand feature side bar. You have to keep closing the right hand side bar to get the scroll bar back to move up and down your own document.. Thats very annoying.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
Ashlee J.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Another easy form"

Comments: LOVE! my go to form for work and personal. The creating of the form is perfect to gather information however if I would prefer statistics I would use google forms.

Pros: 1. The seamless works of the website makes everything flow well. You move from templates to create your own form to how to send out the form
2. Creating the form adding different elements are so easy. Can add signatures, payment options, dates, multiple questions, possibilities are endless
3. The options of how to send it out are numerous. Also if you would like to keep it private you can add a password so only those with a password can utilise
4. Compiles information well
5. Emails me every time someone submitted a form

Cons: 1. Statistics I find are not as good as google forms. Google forms provides a good breakdown of each question whereas jot forms compiles the information nicely
2. Can only have so many submissions in 1 month on the free version as well as only so many forms. I do not think they calculate the number of submissions correctly as I had an issue with this before
3. Does not integrate very well. Tried to integrate it with Squarespace and found as soon as the form was submitted the option to submit again was not there.

by JotForm on 16/02/2021

Thank you so much for your nice review, Ashlee. We greatly appreciate it. :)
1. Just to clarify, it is actually possible to create a summarized report in each of the field questions in the Tables. You can also expand grouped standard fields if you want to. Example: http://link.jotform.com/CyDn8Mp4WE
2. For the free account, the submissions limit per month is 100 and you can only have 5 active forms. The count starts from the first day of the month to the last day of the same month. There should be no problem with the count, if you come across an issue, contact us at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.
3. Please try to re-embed your form using its iframe embed code on your Squarespace website, this will definitely help.
Thank you!

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Sarai C.
Designer
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2019

"BEST FREE APP EVER, YET WORTH THE PAID ACCOUNT AS WELL!"

Comments: I love JotForm, i’ve been using it for years. And now it just keeps getting better and better with the new Jot Cards. This is where information is split up and is dispolayed to your viewers in sections one question at a time instead of one whole long form at once. I also love the veriety of templates that are included. You won’t find another form system with as many options. Embedd Jotforms into your websites or use stand along pages. Either way, jotform keeps all of the information stored in one place for you while also alerting you in email when someone has completed your form. It’s great. Sign up for your free account today to see if Jotforms is for you.

Pros: JOTFORMS gives you an awesome Free account where you can still use ALL FEATURES for 5 forms and 100 submissions per month. You can’t beat this deal. And if you want to upgrade, then their paid tiers are very reasonable.

Cons: The only con that I can possibly say that I’ve found is that the Paypal submissions are still too limited even in the highest package plan. So if you are using these forms to collect a LOT of payments per month, Jotform may not be the best option.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2019
Jeremy M.
Manager Compliance and Licensing
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"Best Form Program"

Comments: This has been a perfect tool for collecting data. Agents in the field are able to pull up a form on their phone and quickly submit data for analyzing at company offices. Report building has improved in recent updates and can be built to share with upper management.

Pros: JotForm is super simple to set up. The platform is constantly adding new features and integrations. Forms can feed to third party platforms for easier management of data. Recent updates to integrations such as Google Sheets has helped our company greatly. Customer Support is quick and provides real answers instead of excuses. User forum is also a great tool for learning further ways to use the program.

Cons: The only real issue that has come up is with minor glitches from time to time. Have had a couple instances where automatic emails were jumbled which resulted in form submissions not being sent properly. Customer service helped quickly when that happened. Also, integrations can "break" and need to be set up again.

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
Peter S.
Sports Coach
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Jotform is a "just works" software."

Comments: Nothing.

Pros: I am not an absolute professional in terms of computers, I build my websites for my work (Kraulkurse, Aquakuse and Triathlon Coaching) and everything in connection with it. I have only used Jotform as a contact and registration form and am very satisfied with it my modest ratios are enough for the free version of Jotform.
Recently I also tried a survey with Jotform. Maybe there are better alternatives here, which are completely specialized in surveys, but here too Jotfrom is completely sufficient and I can even use it to display the results of the survey live on the website. This is a feature that others might have, but I found it only at Jotform
For me, Jotform is a very good and reliable tool.

Cons: The available space, the number of forms, monthly form views, total form submissions and monthly form submissions is limited,

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Steve L.
Broker/Auctioneer
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"Jotform for Online Real Estate"

Comments: Jotform has enabled me to acquire important necessary information from required real estate documents online from my real estate websites.

Pros: Jotform is fairly easy to use. They have greatly improve their interface, which makes it more easily used online to fill out and electronically sign important documents.

Cons: The price is a little high, except they offer better attractive pricing late in the calendar year. They do offer a free limited plan.

by JotForm on 1/04/2021

Thanks for your positive review, Steve. That's so much appreciated. We are glad that JotForm helped you in your real estate work. Have a good one!

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Digital Initiatives and Database Manager
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"JotForm is a lifesaver"

Comments: Our company has utilized the JotForm platform for a few years. I have been impressed with their dedication to continually improve their product by adding new functionality. For example, recently they have added the ability to generate fillable PDF forms from the online forms you've created.

Pros: JotForm is the best online form maker, period. Drag and drop fields make building forms easy. Or, you can utilize one of dozes of pre-made (but fully customizable) templates available to JotForm users. The best part of JotForm to me, though, is how easy it is to access and search user input. I like the flexibility of being able to download reports in spreadsheet or PDF format.

Cons: I have not had a negative experience with JotForm.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
John C.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/08/2019

"Great Product Hard To Believe It Is Free!"

Comments: Never had any issues where I needed to contact them.

Pros: One of the best form creators available for small businesses. Very user friendly and functional. I use it to collect customer information off my Google Business contact icon. What surprises me is how Google doesn't mind and actually sends customers to my jotform landing page now even on searches. That tells me that Google algorithms respects their business website. Great product and I recommend it to everyone! I can't believe it is still free.

Cons: Still like old format...guess I just am use to it so I switched from new to old. Both are amazing.

• Reviewed on 2/08/2019
Michelle G.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2018

"I wouldn't be able to run my business as smoothly as I do without these forms."

Comments: People interested in my services can be linked from social media directly to jotform and then into my inbox. Saves a lot of time in that I don't have to keep checking my Facebook posts and manually adding/sending emails.

Pros: Very user-friendly with many options - the only limit is your own creativity. You can customize the form to suit your brand in the designer section. Numerous automated email responses.

Cons: Recently the price upgrade doubled and the number of free forms allowed was reduced - this has placed limitations on what I could do with JotForm purely because I cannot afford the monthly fees.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2018
Sameh A.
Digital Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/10/2016

"Great Form Creator"

Comments: I reviewed several form creators when I wanted to automate the food ordering process in my company. Jotform was far the best, especially when its came to usability and the conditional logic that is found in the service. Its easy to create logic for various purposes. There are several options available, and JotForm has several pre-existing conditions, and allows the flexibility to create your own equations for whatever business need there is. I managed to create a usable form in less than 1 hour, and I was unable to launch the form and garner reviews fairly quickly. I like the speed of the website hosting mechanism. The loading time of forms is optimized, as forms that are created and links that are shared are quickly loaded on whatever device is used. There is also a useful confirmation page after each form is submitted, ensuring users are aware that there answers have been submitted. All in all, a good service, specially if you are looking for a quick and fast method to collect data or create forms without having to program or invest in creating a website.

Pros: 1. Easy platform and straight forward usability
2. Good options on conditional logic
3. Quick hosting and great back-end
4. Lots of template options

Cons: 1. Too many features, can get overwhelming sometimes

• Reviewed on 2/10/2016
Trish P.
Agent/Owner
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Jotform for Travel Agents"

Comments: JotForm has provided an easy way for me to interact with all of my clients. It gives me the ability to gather all the information I need from my clients in one easy step while leaving room for them to add additional questions and requests.

Pros: This software comes in an easy, customizable format. I can easily tailor each form for individual clients, confirming their personal detail, travel requests, and receipt of payment/cancellation details. One easy form emailed to my clients provides all the details needed to place a hold on their trip. These details are then printed as confirmation of their agreement-protection for my agency!

Cons: It takes a little bit of time to understand all the features that are available and to find normal keys like the move button. But once you figure it out the site is simple to navigate.

by JotForm on 17/09/2020

We are so much grateful for your outstanding review. It is also wonderful to hear that you have figured things out easily using JotForm. We like it when it's simple and easy to use. :)

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Keith A.
Education Officer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2020

"5 Star electronic forms"

Comments: Great

Pros: Its ease of use and functionality that are not available in similar products make it top in the market.

Cons: Not much, maybe further integration with Microsoft tools

by JotForm on 17/09/2020

Thanks for the 10-star rating. That's greatly appreciated. If you haven't yet known, JotForm can now be integrated with Microsoft Flow (now Microsoft Power Automate). MS Power Automate allows you to integrate JotForm with any Microsoft apps like SharePoint, Excel, and etc.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2020
Andi D.
Consultant
Fund-Raising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Fantastic tool for collecting data"

Comments: I think it is a very user-friendly tool in collecting data quickly and online (especially during these crazy times of CO-VID). I have never used or had to put a survey together without a professional company doing it. If I can do it - so can you! Their prices are also very reasonable. I highly recommend this product!

Pros: I loved how easy it was to create a form! The pre-designed form elements, ease of copying/pasting and rearranging were so helpful when we designed a survey.

Cons: I was super excited that it interfaces with other programs (ie Google Docs), unfortunately it didn't work very smoothly. Planning to call their customer service and get to the bottom of it. Hoping it's an easy fix but a call is a time suck and that's a con in my book.

by JotForm on 17/09/2020

Thanks for the "pros" list. We're glad you find JotForm easy to use as expected. :)
About your cons, we have updated our Google Spreadsheet integration. It has now more options and features than the legacy one. You can even connect it with your existing sheet. If you haven't tried it yet, now is the time.
Regards!

Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees

"eForms and Surveys"

Pros: The free version of JotForm will get the job done if you have a form or survey to do every once in awhile.

Cons: No cons really. The paid subscription gives more capability and is affordable.

by JotForm on 17/09/2020

Thanks for the 10-star rating! That really is a wow review. Cheers! :)

Mary M.
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2020

"Great Product"

Comments: great

Pros: We use this for new client form submissions -- easy to use, easy to create and easy to include on our website

Cons: Need to be able to create more space between ,ines

by JotForm on 19/09/2020

Thanks for your review. There are several ways to change the spacing between questions. Here's a guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/62-How-can-I-change-spacing-between-questions

• Reviewed on 3/04/2020
Tammy G.
Project Coordinator
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Daily Use"

Pros: My company uses Jotform daily to complete sales lead info from our telemarketing staff. Very simple to use, customer support is fantastic, and the price is RIGHT.

Cons: We pretty much like everything about the software. The only thing I would change would be making it able to customize the forms to match our company's logo.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Andrew R.
Marketing Director
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Would be totally lost without Jotform"

Pros: + Easy to use
+ Simple drag & drop design
+ Tons of 3rd party integrations
+ Quick notifications about form submissions via email

Cons: + price tag is a little steep and difficult to justify, but by no means does that mean it is impossible to justify

Sales Manager
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"Forms for me"

Comments: We have had a good experience with JotForm. Once it was embedded on our site we did not have any issues.

Pros: We like the ease of establishing a form. We like how the client's are able to contact us easily online.

Cons: Our web developer had to input the form into our website.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018
Sekharendu G.
IT Admin
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Amazingingly simple interface, and complete App/api Integration"

Comments: Convenient to work with the team on the form edit structure, Sharing the form and also multiple layered form which can easily be programmed, with least technical expertise, is what makes the software so powerful.

Pros: User Interface is simple, yet feature rich.

Cons: Mobile apps could be little better, in terms of feature. Hopefully upcoming upgrades will look into that.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/07/2019

"Make forms easy in your business"

Pros: Ability to create forms for customers and internal staff with a very deep selection of options for your forms

Cons: Integration with Microsoft online services lacking

• Reviewed on 1/07/2019