Oracle PeopleSoft Reviews

• Overall
    3.7 /5
    3.9 /5

About Oracle PeopleSoft

Comprehensive system for managing dispersed IT assets. Integrates with Oracle financial and CRM IT Help Desk systems.

Learn more about Oracle PeopleSoft

Showing 25 reviews of 227

Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency."

Pros: I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform. Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

Cons: PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Felix P.
Practice Specialist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"Difficult implementation, but very robust"

Comments: It is a fully baked HRIS system that requires extensive buisiness analyst knowledge to implement. But once implemented, hard to switch to a different system.

Pros: Very robust tools and I like the data structure. From a vanilla implementation perspective, it's very clean as an HRIS system. The modules are straightforward and there is a lot of spec documentation available.

Cons: Customization is a beast. A lot of testing involved an depending on the consultants you have, may be a pain to customize from vanilla Peoplesoft.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Academic Advisor
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired"

Comments: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

Pros: I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Cons: Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
Bonnie M.
instructor
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"PeopleSoft"

Comments: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

Pros: I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

Cons: It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Nancy A.
Risk Management
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"PeopleSoft General Ledger Review"

Comments: PeopleSoft has proven to be an adequate general ledger tool over time, and functionalities such as reports and queries that are available on a default basis have been useful to us. We are aware however, that customization of reports and queries would increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the system specific to our organization, but find it difficult to have time to focus on that.

Pros: PeopleSoft is a good general ledger software and has a number of built in functionalities that help with properly accounting for transactions and for analyzing data through the use of reports and queries. With a relatively small amount of training, most accounting staff members on my team were able to effectively and efficiently use the system.

Cons: We converted to PeopleSoft as part of an overall organization-wide system upgrade, and the initial setup and integration with other systems was challenging. We had a learning curve at the start and to some degree were in a position to only identify an issue after something went wrong. This created challenges in our fast-paced accounting environment. As time went on after the implementation, our experience grew and issues decreased.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
SR Business Analyst Project Lead
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"ERP on Overdrive"

Comments: The software suites are totally integrated, and reporting is a breeze. The user community is large and stretches from most industry. The global country codes make the ERP easier to work with minor config changes.

Pros: I like the Oracle suite of software as all their modules are integrated. If you are working on the LMS you do not have to worry about reentering data back into the system as HCM module has already sync through daily batch processes.
Customer support and white pages are helpful in troubleshooting issues and resolving problems from other solutions provided.
The software application is easily customizable, but if you opt for the cloud solution this may not be as available as the on-premise.

Cons: The software suites as a whole are expensive, with more competition such as Workday, Ellucian Banner, Microsoft Dynamics the competition is furious.
The ERP will require an army of support staff such as Business Analyst, Database Analyst, Report Analyst and System Analyst which is very expensive. However, if you select the cloud versions than you may see additional savings.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Jared H.
HRIS Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"Good Product with Lots of Features But Difficult to Maintain"

Comments: A very good tool, that was feature rich and allowed you to build custom business process, but you could you shoot yourself in the foot with the customization, and get stuck doing custom processes.

Pros: I like how customizable the tool is to match whatever business process you have. It has strong reporting capabilities and can handle very complex process.

Cons: With the customization we had to do lots of regression testing when new updates came out. Sometimes this broke our customization and required much more work.

Lee M.
Program Coord.
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"PEOPLESOFT"

Comments: I started off using a DOS mainframe system until we upgraded to PeopleSoft. It was almost like comparing apples to oranges, but now I see it is really like comparing mandarin oranges to big, juicy naval oranges!

Pros: I think one of the best features about PeopleSoft is its ability to manage large amounts of data/records. I’ve been using it now for over a decade and it can do so much more now than it could 10 years ago. I also love being able to find data using queries. If you have someone who knows how to write queries in PeopleSoft there isn’t anything you can’t find – if it has a header Field you can find it – it might take a few JOINs to get at the data, but it’s doable!

Cons: One of the things that I like least about PeopleSoft is it isn’t very intuitive sometimes. I know it is a database system and I know that it is a hierarchy database system, but sometimes it just seems like the navigation to get to a particular page or record is less than logical.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Rachel H.
Loan Officer
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2020

"Cumbersome"

Comments: Overall, it's been extremely uneven. I've learned it now, so I wouldn't love switching, but I would agree that another product would be superior.

Pros: Once you learn it, it's OK. It does give you the ability to favorite screens, which speeds things up.

Cons: There are truly a long list of things that I don't like, but one of the biggest is that everything is a mod request. The favorites sometimes attach themselves to the ID of the student that was on the screen at the time, and then I have to watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to be sure that I'm on the right student. Comments? Can't be edited or deleted. Not fun. Plus, it times out on me ALL the time. If it does? It won't restart properly for me fo the next half hour, so I'm always toggling between multiple browsers.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2020
Specialist
Maritime
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2018

"Easy Data exrraction, Customised query handling, Transaction drill down options, Data Integrity"

Comments: Client Satisfaction. Since am from FPA industry, any kind of questions regarding the upward or downward movements of revenue , expenses etc could be answered easily using the data we can download from this application. Variety of domains can be handled, for eg:- i have used the same app in IT as well as in Finance. So its a dynamic one. Easy adaptability

Pros: Any journal transaction can be easily queried for details using multiple key fields. Data handling is very easy, also there is option for custom made query according to our requirements

Cons: Huge data download takes sometime and it can be fully downloaded only through email options. Limitation of transaction lines in direct download

Bridgette J.
ACCOUNTANT
Accounting, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"ORACLE PEOPLESOFT"

Comments: We use the software for Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and payroll.

Pros: I have peoplesoft for many years. If you purchase everything you need when getting the program, you should not have any issues using. We use the software for AP, AR and payroll.

Cons: This particular peoplesoft software we are using for the current State Agency I work for is the worse peoplesoft software I ever used. It has limitations, not user friendly, and difficult to fix without cost.

Ashley K.
customer service anaylst
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"PeopleSoft"

Comments: I use people soft at least 2/3 times a day to pull up my personal information and review recent changes without having to call my employer

Pros: Makes making Human resource changes such as address/phone very easy. I am able to find most of of the things I am looking too. This includes changing my tax exemptions, updating beneficiaries, looking at my time I have avail. ETC

Cons: I have no issues at all with people soft everything is easily able to pull up and it always at hand.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
General Manager - Corporate Operations
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2018

"Solid product!"

Pros: The system is not flashy but it gets the job done. I used it at the University I worked at to track students grades, classes, financial info, etc. Once you learn how to navigate the system (which isn't too difficult) you have access to a lot information quickly.

Cons: There was a little bit of a learning curve as you get used to the system. However, once you understand the functionality, it's very useful.

• Reviewed on 19/09/2018
Aundrea H.
Accounting Tech
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Great for Keeping Student Records"

Pros: I work at a University and we use this daily in the financial services department. We keep track of student accounts and how much they owe the school, prior payments, and other records. I have never used another program to compare this to but I also haven't had many issues.

Cons: It was a little tricky to get used to, but it's effective for keeping student accounts.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Mohd irfan A.
Tevhnical Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2018

"Among the good ERP tools"

Comments: ERP portal is developed and is being used by many employees

Pros: The functionality provided is very good , peoplecode can be written as per our choice and requirement , custom objects can be created and used for building the overall look of the system.

Cons: The tool wont last longer as customising the overlook of the system is cumbersome also new technology are coming to

• Reviewed on 11/12/2018
Andrea B.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2017

"Great Asset Tracking software"

Pros: This software is great for asset tracking and calculating the depreciation on assets. With our company having thousands of assets that we have to track it makes keeping track of them easy.

Cons: The lease thing I like about this program is that some of the boxes on certain pages, do not expand all the way out. You have to scroll over to view the rest of the page.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2017
Michael V.
Human Resources
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/08/2017

"Great software easy to use and lots of functions"

Comments: Great Human Resources and Accounting product

Pros: The functions and compatibility with other software, PeopleSoft plays well with many other software and a great central key software

Cons: Expensive to customize and can be a bit frustrating if not customized. PeopleSoft can be built to work well with your company and the stock software can be frustrating without that custom investment

• Reviewed on 9/08/2017
Human Resources Coordinator
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2019

"PeopleSoft"

Comments: Data and information are easily accessible through Peoplesoft for additional information look up.

Pros: I like how it is easily accessible to stored and access employees data. Information are stored the day employees start and changes that are made are visible for tracking purposes.

Cons: It is slow at times but never ran into problem.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2019
Workforce Planning Bureau Chief
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2018

"Fairly seamless with training"

Pros: It serves as an effective database for my company. Once trained on how to enter information and pull certain information out - metrics can be easy to review.

Cons: End users don't necessarily have the ability to customize reporting. Special requests have to be made but that could be the way that my company has it configured.

Ryan S.
Accountant - Internal Controls
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/03/2019

"Great User Administration"

Comments: Overall we enjoyed being able to track students through their lifecycle at the university and enjoyed utilizing the alumni tracking capabilities.

Pros: My former organization used PeopleSoft to manage our student population. The software easily allowed us to track students through their life-cycles at the university. Additionally, we enjoyed the ability to track our alumni and keep a database of their current areas, using them for donations in the future.

Cons: Despite having great features, this software is a little more challenging to learn. However, Oracle does provide some excellent training videos online and their conference gives an even more in-depth look at the product.

• Reviewed on 7/03/2019
Sasha H.
Higher Education Administrator
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Easy to use HRIS"

Pros: I find that navigating Peoplesoft is easy to do. The menus and interface are very user friendly and intuitive. They also have great reference materials available for use.

Cons: Sometimes it can be slow when loading large amounts of data, but it's not a deal breaker for me. Still like it!

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Finance Assistant
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"The best Intenet Accounts Software"

Comments: When i used People Soft I was in a large Hotel Corporate, I was dealing with a HUGE amount of invoices, the software made it easy and quick to process these invoices.

Pros: It's really easy to batch invoices, edit invoices and delete vouchers as well. Dealing with GL and run it's quite simple and it import to excel, to do journals and posting is all in a linked excel with the software which is great as well.

Cons: It takes a bit of time and practice to get used to it. Some of the functions are quite complex and you definitely need training to learn how to use, then it gets quite organic...

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Anastasia S.
Teaching Assistant
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"Everything you could ever need for a business web page"

Pros: PeopleSoft has all the features and capabilities our office needs to run smoothly

Cons: PeopleSoft is slightly outdated but this does not take away its effectiveness at all.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Naman D.
Customer Service Associate
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2019

"Good Program for Lowes"

Comments: I wish that lowes did not change the program because I very much liked using oracle its a good application that should be implemented in more companies.

Pros: I liked how easy it was to check the payroll at lowes. They have recently changed to another program but I very much liked the fact that you could get a print out and view each and every paycheck you got and when you got it.

Cons: It did not show the change in pay from that last paycheck like some of the newer programs do. It would be useful to see that but its no big deal.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2019
Doug P.
Desktop Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Big Budget, then this may be for you."

Comments: Basically as a user I enjoyed the experience. It was easy to use for me as an IT person and helped me keep track of what I was doing on a daily basis.

Pros: PeopleSoft helps centralize a number of employee related functions that allows for them to keep track of items related to their time and efforts. It is easy to use, intuitive and has plenty of resources available for training, etc.

Cons: The cost is bit much for smaller organizations. It can be a bit cumbersome because there are so many options and directions you can go as an org.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019