• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is a human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

Showing 4,981 reviews

Chirag S.
CITO
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2021

"Reliable workforce management system"

Comments: We use ADP Workforce for time management, payroll, employee database, benefits, cloud data storage, signing documents and more. We have had some downtimes here and there, but no complaints there. It happens. We are, overall, happy with the software. It does the job well. In some areas important to us - like payroll - it shines.

Pros: ADP handles complexity well. They know payroll really, really well. Payroll is important for staff and ADP makes it easy for us to handle it. Payroll module has always worked and has handled various edge cases for us.

Cons: We don't like ADP's support. We feel that reaching to support is a wasteful use of our time since we barely ever get value out of them. ADP should definitely invest in support staff who are knowledgeable and willing to help. We, once, had a challenge with ADP mobile app. Information that was supposed to be on managers' ADP mobile app profile wasn't showing up. After several attempts over several months, one curious support person chose to dive deep and figure a solution out.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2021
Ashley D.
Asst manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/02/2021

"Never switching companies again!"

Comments: Great- just switched back after our company used a different company for a year. Switched back after , did not like other company

Pros: Convenience and easy to learn and navigate through the app as well as the site. Much easier to work on time cards.

Cons: sometime logging in is tough for the staff, with the portal log in. It’s very small and they have a hard time approving time cards

• Reviewed on 9/02/2021
Freelancer
Translation & Localisation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"ADP Review"

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with ADP. It has a lot of features that I am do not need for what I do, but if I were a bigger company, I can see how that will be extremely useful.

Pros: Payroll is the most important for use with my line of work. It helps me track accurate activity and make billing and payroll so much easier to process. The Pros ADP has definitely is that it is easy to use and has a strong support team that is always available. Because so many organizations are familiar with it, I can always find content to help me navigate any difficulties I might have.

Cons: Because my line of work is mostly with independent contractors and freelancers, I think the products here have a lot more features than I need. Maybe a much simpler version for Contractors who are not tax deductible version aside from the employees version of the software could be useful.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Sherri A.
Senior HR Business Partner
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/02/2020

"It's come a long way"

Comments: We enjoy having the functionality and time savings it brings to our organization. I look forward to future upgrades to the reporting and performance review features.

Pros: We have used ADP for over 10 years. It has come a long way in the functionality. They have a good system for open enrollment, policy acknowledgements, W4 reporting, benefit tracking. I like the historical information. We recently added Doc Cloud and have enjoyed having all the documents in one place.

Cons: The reporting feature needs some work. They information is in the system, but the reports to pull the information aren't very user friendly. For example, their gross pay report is wonderful, but there isn't a report to pull that breaks down what categories the information came from. The performance review feature doesn't allow for customization to add forms. Also, when they make upgrades, they don't recognize the affect it will have on other parts of the software.

• Reviewed on 4/02/2020
Cyndi M.
sr. global payroll manager
Information Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"WFN Review"

Comments: I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros: The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons: It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Deborah R.
Human Resources Manager
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/12/2016

"ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!"

Comments: I have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.

Pros: The many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.

Cons: There are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.

by ADP on 15/12/2016

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. [email protected]

Johnathan M.
Business Analyst
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/08/2019

"All your work information in one place"

Comments: ADP is a big player in the payroll, HR and workplace support space. I use their software because my employer uses it. We switched from Trinet, which I admit I prefer, but WorkforceNow will suffice. It is not a bad tool, but I've had better.

Pros: What I state in the title is pretty much the best part of this software. To have everything at your finger tips is a plus. There is detailed information such as the breakdown of your paycheck with graphs included.

Cons: These are the areas that I liked the least. One caveat: I realize that these points are not necessarily due to the software itself, but with this application it is hard to separate the issues from the software. I did not give the software any less stars due to no. 2 and 4. 1) the discount page under benefits, seems to hang-up often. It came to a point I stopped visiting because of this.
2) issue with benefits in that the providers could not find us as having enrolled. Is this due to the software or human error? Not sure, but the insurer had to be contacted due to the oversight from ADP.
3) the look and interface will not win any awards. It is functional, but could use a "new coat of paint" and better menus.
4) when I inquired with MyLifeAdvisor via email, regarding an issue, it took two days for a response. I realize that is a reasonable time frame, but am spoiled with our previous vendor responding within two hours.

• Reviewed on 8/08/2019
April L.
Counselor
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2021

"Trusted above the rest."

Comments: I appreciate how many employees can essentially sign in to their cell phone , computers, or tablet as opposed to writing down time cards and sending them electronically every two weeks. It saves me a great deal of time and we realize time squandered is cash squandered. This software can essentially be accessed anywhere. It is easy to check your balances for time off, vacation, and overall benefits with just a click. Customer support is always quick to assist and resolve any issues should they arise.

Pros: I have confidence in all that ADP does particularly in the field of finance. What I like best is the means by which it offers not many blunders contrasted with other finance programming I've utilized beforehand. It likewise radiates a specific present day feel dissimilar to other finance programming that appear to be obsolete with a higher-than-regular number of snaps to actuate a specific assignment.

Cons: While I don't always favor marking in continually at whatever point I access the stage utilizing my cell phone, I can also appreciate and understand that this sometimes daunting task is only an added benefit, to ensure my personal information is secure. With cell phones currently using unique mark scanner, I feel it's smarter to sign in than getting rid of logins.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2021
Product Owner - Analytics
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"I've used ADP WorkforceNow for the past 15 years, over three jobs...and it keeps getting better!"

Comments: I really appreciate the stability and ease-of-use with ADP WorkforceNow. I know that no matter where I work, as long as they use ADP WorkforceNow, I already know how to handle my needed administrative tasks. Whether I need to request new time off, see my paycheck or set up my benefits, I know that I can get my needed tasks taken care of in as few clicks as possible, so that I can quickly get back to my job. I would recommend ADP WorkforceNow to anyone that needed a robust HR admin software system.

Pros: I've been using ADP WorkforceNow for payroll and tax information for the past 15 years and I'm constantly impressed with how seamless the ease of use is. I have my account set up to receive an e-mail when my paycheck is available, and it's reassuring to know that that e-mail will be there around midnight on payday. The last two places that I've worked have also used ADP WorkforceNow for time off requests and Benefits setup. The time off request process is so straight forward and it is easy to manage my requests. I can put new requests in and manage (delete or edit) existing requests with just a couple of clicks. Using ADP WorkforceNow has taken one less stressor out of managing my paycheck and time off requests at my workplace. Also, the Benefit setup process is streamlined and easy to go as fast or as slow as needed in order to make sure I'm making the right decisions for my circumstances.

Cons: At my previous job, any approved time off requests would be sent to my calendar as a meeting request from ADP WorkforceNow. This was a great feature, as it automatically blocked my calendar for me. That feature does not seem to be available at my current company and it would be nice if it was just standard, no matter what company used the software.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Tonya S.
Sr Analyst, Accounting
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Excellent Payroll Software"

Comments: The portability of this service makes it very convenient to take care of anything outside of the office as needed. Some of the latest updates have really improved the workflow of the software. Processing payroll, starting new cycles and manual checks have become more and more streamlined. New hires are also improved, the process is much more intuitive.

Pros: We have chosen the "withhold & submit" features with the payroll taxes, which eliminates the need for tracking and submission on our end. It works perfectly every time.

Cons: The PTO is not flawless as it should be. We provided our policies and had those setup in the beginning, but there always seems to be a different field or "trigger" that does not correctly calculate PTO. It will either award time to people who have not earned it or vice versa. I would like to see improvements here.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Zenaida P.
Controller
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2019

"ADP- the number one payroll software for me."

Comments: Our employees complained that they want to be able to view their pay statements on their mobile device instead of getting the hard copy. ADP gave me the solutions to this issue. ADP implemented a system called iReports. Employees can now view their Pay Statements on a secure web site.

Pros: ADP software is a user friendly software. My payroll processing is always done with ease and comfort. ADP has the solutions to all my payroll issues that needed resolving. It also gives you a warning if your entries are incomplete or it needs correcting.

Cons: The least I like about this software is, if you keep it idle for more than half an hour or more, it will boot you out of the program.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2019
Whitney D.
HR
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2020

"Top Product with Great Reporting Options"

Comments: I've used it for 6 years and overall felt it was a great HRIS. I will hope to bring it with me to future places of employment.

Pros: I like the ease of use with ADP Workforce Now. All employees caught on quickly to the program and really enjoyed the ease of use. Internally we LOVE the reporting options. This is the one HRIS system we have been able to use in order to pull very specific report from.

Cons: The cost is somewhat High and sometimes when you need to speak with someone it can take a few days.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2020
Katalin T.
Payroll Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2020

"ADP Workforce Now is very user friendly"

Comments: Overall this is the best software I had worked with in the past 15 years.

Pros: I have been using processing payroll for the pas 10 + years using ADP for the past 5 years. I liked it right from the start, from their implementation team to to the support team. Their account managers are always on top of all changes especial at this uncertain times. They continually upgrading the system to provide better service and user experiences to their clients.

Cons: I had some issues with creating reports on demand, it is i little difficult to build special reports.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2020
Kim V.
DHR
Printing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Too big?"

Comments: Frustrating - we can never get the entire system to work completely. We have a complicated CBA and we can not always get the Time and Attendance to do what we need without a lot of manual manipulation.

Pros: The software allows for a lot of HR functions to be in a central location - supplicant tracking, onboarding, I-9 verification, employee document storage, etc.

Cons: The systems do not connect with each other well. Changes made in Payroll or Time and Attendance do not always flow to the other system. Making changes in the system is not always an intuitive process and involves many steps.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Carter ann R.
Payroll and Labor Manager
Maritime, 201-500 Employees

"ADP Review Dec 2016"

Comments: I have been working with WFN for over 3 years as our Payroll Manager. Over 25 years in Accounting/Payroll.

Pros: Overall, very through HR/payroll system. Great support and training by ADP.

Cons: I do not like the fact that when I terminate an employee along with their benefits, it voids their deductions. If this is during a pay period, I would have to manually enter the deductions for the last paycheck. In order to avoid manual input, I have to wait until after the next pay period to terminated them. This does not give me an accurate headcount.

by ADP on 9/12/2016

Carter Ann - Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and service. I would love to connect you with one of our experts on the termination/deductions to see if we can make that process easier for you, and for you to provide direct feedback to our developers. Also, I am happy to see you call out the cross-training, we have recently implemented a new service model, that gives clients access to teams that are trained in all products.. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me [email protected] and we can talk more about both items.

Samantha D.
Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"The most convenient ADP app ever made"

Comments: WorkforceNow allows access to PTO, pay stubs the day before payday, and even W2s. I've used many software to track this kind of information, but none of which were as easy and unique as this one. The benefits center also has the benefits you're currently having deducted from your paychecks, allows you to add and remove dependents with the click of a button. I could not have asked for a better program to keep track of all the paycheck essentials.

Pros: I enjoyed the fact that this software (which is also available in an app) has a an amazingly straightforward interface. The layout of the site and the app are so easy to navigate and have many options for you take a look at. The site is secured, using two factor authentication to keep all your sensitive information private and secured. They also have a timer set on the software to remind you to regularly change your password so that the account remains secured.

Cons: I would say there is not one thing I dislike about this app. The only thing that could be done to make this app even better, would be a real time schedule system. Basically something to alert you to what days you missed per week and what days you are scheduled (for example, days/times scheduled to work, days off, absences and late arrivals). This way both the employer and employee are always the same page at all times. Other than that, this app already has everything that one needs to review their information.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Mellissa M.
HR
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"WorkforceNow"

Comments: Overall I like it

Pros: It is user friendly, and the customer service team is pretty amazing.

Cons: I am not a fan of not being able to view all employees time cards for approval.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Zina P.
Controller
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"ADP Workforce"

Comments: Overall as a third party software it is okay, but since several modules are not interconnected, I think it would help if it would be able to integrate under one platform, instead of separately as it is also very expensive in the long run. Plus customer support is inconsistent as you get pass on to several representatives as there is not enough training as a whole.

Pros: ADP functions well as a timekeeping, record keeping, HR tool for our company. It is easy to use and traning for employees is not hard. On the Admin side it is also very useful and definitely easy to use as well.

Cons: I think the biggest hurdle we face is with regard to customer support and also having to switch account managers at least 3x in barely a year. It is hard to develop a relationship let alone re-invent and explain your case all over again several times.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Clay G.
Director of Business Operations
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2018

"Perfect Solution For Our Growing Company"

Comments: Very happy with the product, the pricing, and the support staff.

Pros: We use WorkforceNow for a seamless integration of our Payroll, 401k, and Benefits management. Prior to implementing WorkforceNow, we had a disjointed selection of software and paper solutions to manage these critically important, employee impacting areas of our business. Bringing them together into a single, integrated platform has eased administration, and created a simplified experience for our employees. As impressed as I am with the technology, the ADP support staff is equally impressive. Whether it's calling into their support line, or just chatting with them from directly within the WFN application, they're quick to respond, professional in their approach, and knowledgeable about the product.

Cons: With as robust a product as WFN, the configuration options are seemingly limitless. With this comes a level of complexity that's difficult to avoid. While the product has supported all of our needs, sometimes getting to the right (correct) way to setup the solution within the product can be challenging.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2018
Sabrina B.
senior payroll associate
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Decent Payroll Product; Lots to Enhance"

Comments: It fits our needs as a business at the moment, especially for our size.

Pros: I like that ADP is exceptional with answering tax notices and such. I do not have to worry long when the tax team looks into inquiries.

Cons: This isn't the most user-friendly interface. Not much about the platform is intuitive and also the simplest of things have a longer go around than necessary. Customer support is not consistent and some implementation specialists are the worst Ive ever dealt with; a mixed bag of professionals work here.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
IT Technician
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/08/2019

"Good, comprehensive time clock option"

Comments: Overall positive. The option to prompt users to sign new forms by a certain date and change tax withholding with ease.

Pros: ADP allows time clock, retirement and insurance benefits, company and state/federal forms to be all in one portal. As opposed to other vendors that offer these a la carte, it is nice to have a 'one-stop' option. This offers good value for the software's price.

Cons: Can be a significant learning curve for new users who are less adept with computer systems. Entering hours in military time takes getting used to.

• Reviewed on 6/08/2019
Karen K.
HR Manager
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

"ADP Review"

Comments: I like the ease of using Workforce Now. The benefits administration is easy to use. I like the time off feature and tax reporting features.

Pros: Easy to use and functional. Client services always helpful when needed. Many products to choose from.

Cons: Trying to set up my own reports. But the client services area is very helpful and will do it for me.

Alyx Z.
VP
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Great Customer Service"

Pros: I like the reports and how easy it is to use.

Cons: System settings can sometimes be difficult to figure out.

Moises H.
Accountant
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2017

"The easy way to make your payroll, we have over 3 year using adp as our payroll provider and we love"

Comments: On the past few years we are growing a lot, that been said, the time that we make a over 1200 employees payroll is amaizing, all the reports that are available is great, also comparing the price with other similar you will apreciate your actual quote.

Pros: The way it comunicate with our POS system (is where we have the timer for our employees), also the ability to download all the info, and the customer support are very profesional, they help us to make a weekly report so we upload all the resume with our accounting soffwarr, amaizing

Cons: We have a minor problem, most of the problem was a bad comunication about how to terminate a employee, so for a few months we where overpay adp because we never terminate our employees the way should bee, but at the end ADP make us a credit so we get our money back, nice to have someone on your sitr

by ADP on 9/10/2017

Hi Moises -

Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN platform. I am glad the system makes it easy for you to process payroll. We appreciate your time, business and loyalty to ADP!

• Reviewed on 8/10/2017
Mittal M.
NOC
Online Media, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Workforce management using Workforcenow"

Comments: Overall experience with this software is good, with respect to HR management and payroll management. The tool also take care of W2 and other tax related details.

Pros: I am regular user of this tool as an employee for my company and the best part I like about this tool is the amount of insight it provide about my organization and also about my salary. In term of my organization it provide me with a details information about the hierarchy of the organization and who is doing what. In terms of salary insight it gives me detail explanation about what is going where in my salary with a very nice representation in graphs and pi chart.

Cons: The least is like about the software is time entering for my shift. I wish there some automated way where I could easily input my time card. Every time I have to manually enter the time card which can me painstakingly time consuming.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020