• Overall
    3.8 /5
    3.5 /5
    3.4 /5

About Reckon One

Easy & affordable online accounting software for small business. From invoices to paying employees - you're covered for just $7/month

Learn more about Reckon One

Managing Director
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2020

"Good software for point-of-sale businesses; less use for consulting"

Comments: I liked Reckon One and would have stayed with it if I could have had a few more features relevant for consulting type businesses.

Pros: Easy to get the hang of even for someone with zero accounting background, like myself. Decent simple, intuitive features (mostly). Great dashboard.

Cons: The feature set is aimed at point-of-sale and online retail type businesses. As a consultant with a micro-business, my accounting needs are not great, but they are more complex than Reckon One could handle. I was going to need to purchase one of the top tier versions of Reckon just to do the few simple extras that I required.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2020
Sharon L.
Treasurer
Sports, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 3/12/2016

"Super Easy to Use"

Comments: I am the treasurer for a not-for-profit sports club, so cheap was really important to us, along with only some very basic features. So far I have found Reckon One to be really easy to use and the customer service super, whenever I've become stuck.

Pros: easy to use
very cost effective

Cons: was told with the bank rec I could pick up payments and apply them - so I ditched that section as I'm not going to reconcile payments to invoices twice.

• Reviewed on 3/12/2016
Kim C.
Bookkeeping Consultant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/12/2019

"Reckon One, a reliable and cost effective software"

Comments: Reckon One has been great for me, if I forget to invoice someone, doesn't matter where I am as long as I have internet, I can access my Book.

Pros: I like the how much you can get out of it for the price, compared to others in the market. It is easy to correct errors and has all the reports you need for small business, and has unlimited users. I also love that Reckon One is Australian Owned.

Cons: Some of the functions are aren't quite there, needs an on screen calculator for one.

• Reviewed on 9/12/2019
Wayne V.
Online Business Developer
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2017

"Straight forward basic bookkeeping at a bargain price!"

Comments: Cost effective simple straight forward accounting software for Australian Businesses. Excellent for startups.

Pros: Bargain price for a freelance business. Easily integrate with your bank accounts for easy bank reconciliation. Great Dashboard for quick critical information.

Cons: Not many integrations, lack of detailed user guide for setting up extra modules within the software.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2017
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Entrepreneur
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Was recommended to me, but..."

Comments: I played around with the software and it is relatively easy to use.
I was hoping to have an onboarding call, as the system truly is feature-rich which makes it hard to really get started.
I wrote to support but did not get a reply.

Pros: Overall it looked very feature-rich. Truly, my accountant recommended it to me considering I needed something to manage my accounts.

Cons: I had a major deal-breaker is that ING bank did not have direct integration.
I use ING for all my business expenses because I work online, as they have zero international transaction fees.
So I am not about to move away.
But since there is no direct integration it makes it difficult to connect and make real use of the software.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020
Pauline K.
Proprietor
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Great product and service"

Comments: I have used many programs over the years like MYOB, Xero, Sassu, cashflow manager and quickbooks etc but I find Reckon One easy to use, monthly fee is very affordable, flexible to what your business requires, their training is very infromative, great trainers and not over the top in price and their service is extremely good. They are constantly upgrading and introducing more add on programs, I wouldn't recommend any other program for my clients only Reckon One.

Pros: User friendly and affordable

Cons: nothing at this stage

Erica N.
Ceo,Busygates
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"Great Accounting Solution for small businesses"

Pros: I would say affordability then ease of use. Since my business is still growing I had to switch to this product from another one and I haven't regretted. Invoicing has never been easier.

Cons: I am yet to see anything I don't like about this product

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Don J.
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"Great value Financial product for small business"

Comments: I switched from on MYOB to Reckon One. I was a customer of MYOB for over 20 years. Each year they continued to increase the yearly premium. Last year it was over 900.00. For a small business with a few employees, this was just outrageous. After reviewing Reckon one, I found it would do all MYOB was doing for me at 11.00 a month. They even would convert my MYOB file for nothing.
That was it. Decided to change over to Reckon One and have not looked back.
Been running it for a few months. Took a little to get used to but I've Done all the invoicing, has statements, accounting I need. Simply fantastic. Can even give my accountant a special login to do the yearly books.
I'd recommend anyone looking to change over to give it a try.
WILL SAVE YOU A PACKET

Pros: Functionality and price

Cons: Have a little bit of trouble doing bas and super payments

Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"They did try"

Comments: I really wanted Reckon one to shake up the market but all they did was shake up the user. I have been really disappointed with the performance (or lack of) with Reckon One. Their servers were slow making it painfully slow to try to use this software. I couldn't find repeating invoicing, or several other basics. They were full of hope and promises but just failed to deliver.

Pros: It did look cheap until you add up the cost of each module, then you realise, it's not cheap at all.

Cons: It's very late to market and decades behind the competition. It takes a lot of time and money to compete with the big boys and sadly this isn't something thatReckon One has. It has very little basic functionality and sadly, very little prospect of developing even the basics, any time soon. It's not nice to use, it's clunky and awkward and just frustrates me.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Cameron G.
MD
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020

"Shake down"

Comments: terrible

Pros: Sucked in by what appeared to be initial low cost.

Cons: once established we didn't want to proceed it was difficult to cancel without paying additional charges

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2020
Business Owner - Principal Engineer
Defense & Space, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2019

"accounting"

Comments: once setup is great for BAS statement preparation every quarter

Pros: a very feature-rich piece of software which when setup provides a robust accounting experience for the small business

Cons: can be more expensive than others and has a steep learning curve for the novice or time-poor businessperson

• Reviewed on 6/12/2019