• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.9 /5

About SmartrMail

SmartrMail is an easy-to-use email marketing app that helps you send better email for your store. Integrates with Shopify and more.

Learn more about SmartrMail

Denise T.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"Top Tier Customer Service"

Pros: I like how Smartrmail integrates into Neto while offering a user friendly interface that still offers a load of functionality. I am particularly impressed with how attentive their customer service team is as they deliver very quick and excellent help with all the inquiries I have ever submitted. Their invitation to review my mail setup and the advice that ensued was a really nice addition to already outstanding service.

Cons: Creating very specific segments isn't the most straightforward process, but is invaluable once you get your head around it.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Maile U.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Decent Email Program"

Comments: SmartrMail was a good choice for me when I needed to leave MailChimp for cost reasons. I eventually replaced SmartrMail with a different email program that had more options, but I'd still recommend it for people who simply need an email program to quickly draft emails using photos and descriptions from your Shopify website.

Pros: SmartrMail is very easy to use if you don't want a lot of customization and don't plan to segment your email list. It's also a whole lot cheaper than MailChimp and some other companies. And on Shopify it automatically pulls in photos and product descriptions, making it a snap to create emails.

Cons: I had repeated trouble properly segmenting my email list. It didn't seem to accurately categorize email addresses by date of signing up, and that was problematic when I wanted to send emails to recent customers. I also had trouble with customizing the templates.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Shawn B.
Small Business Owner
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"Great tool for your business"

Comments: I use this software for e-commerce marketing emails. I use it to follow up after sales and for sales and marketing to bring customers back.

Pros: I like that it populates product images from my website, even with manual send method. It also generates emails associated with customer interests. Customer support is very good.

Cons: There wasn’t really anything I didn’t like about this software except a glitch or two when sending mail manually.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Sarah K.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Email database management that makes you money while you sleep"

Pros: The customer segmentation for auto emails. Reporting on actual revenue and easy of use.

Cons: No automatically emailed invoice each month. It’s a bit of a pain to have to go in and retrieve your invoice for accounting purposes

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Digital Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2019

"love the plugin ability"

Comments: This has helped increase our marketing revenue by over 30% - which is oustanding for our business.

Pros: I love the simple fact that this email marketing automation software easily plugs into shopify stores.

Cons: I didn't like the UI and how it was tricky to understand flows to flows. There needed to be a way to more easily identify the customer journey.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2019
Shane G.
Founder & Owner
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Great service, excellent support"

Comments: Initially I wanted to look for an alternative to Infusionsoft due to cost, but then after working with the SmartrMail guys and having a chat with them I could see the tight integration with the E-Commerce side would be very helpful with segmenting our list / sales etc.

Pros: full integration with NETO shopping cart has enabled us to get rid of Infusionsoft.

Cons: Like any new software, just have to learn a few new things and ways of doing things. But it's actually been quite smooth.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Cynthia C.
  • Reviewed on 1/01/2019

"I can see the value already"

Comments: Support was fantastic.

Pros: It's really easy to set up and use. I love the ease of which products are imported and even making a manual email is much faster than with MailChimp.

Cons: The only issue was having to re-set some options when the trial was over.

• Reviewed on 1/01/2019
Lucy Z.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2019

"Seamless Integration with NETO Platform and Friendly Support"

Comments: We would recommend the service to other business.

Pros: Seamless Integration with NETO Platform and Friendly Support

Cons: There are more functions have yet be added to the service, to make it true SmartrMail".
The team listen and try to improve the service, which is most important.
As a new and small online store, we are glad we are growing as SmartrMail grows.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2019
Philippa M.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"SmartrMail Review"

Comments: We are able to stay in contact with customers through email and have created some beautiful campaigns which SmartrMail has helped us send. The customer service is always helpful and if you have any hiccups or challenges, they will help you through to find a solution.

Pros: Designing our own emails in InDesign, it is easy to then import GIFs and images into the emails for our weekly newsletter. For weekly emails, the system is intuitive and easy to use.
With the assistance of the team from Smartrmail, we've been able to create a range of automated campaigns to target customers and upsell other products.
The customer service team is great and reply to help requests very promptly.

Cons: Setting up automated campaigns and creating audiences with certain rules can be rather complex and easy to make errors, so it is essential you work with the Smartrmail team on this.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Lisa C.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2019

"Excellent Customer Service"

Pros: What I love most about using SmartMail above anything else is their customer service. No matter what time, or what issue, or what solution I am looking for, the team at SmartrMail are only a click away and are extremely responsive to all enquiries sent. This has given me reassurance that I can have hands on support to achieved the desired campaign outcomes needed for our growing business. Special shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who from day 1 has been outstanding. I really appreciate it. :)

Cons: No major issues. I would just like more features and flexibility with some things, however overall I am quite happy and the support I am given gets me through any hurdles that occur.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2019
Megan B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Easy, Fast & Beutiful"

Comments: Very easy. I don't have a lot of time to learn a whole new way of working. Their system is easy to use and professional at the end for my customers.

Pros: - First and foremost their customer service, support and online FAQs are fantastic!
- Easy to use
- Emails look clean & beautiful
- Smart Segments
- Integrates with website

Cons: Nothing to do with the software, more their integration capabilities with Neto. Neto don't offer automated promo codes for customers. I'd like to send promotional emails to certain segments with a discount code that is personal to them e.g. Refer a friend. There is no capability from Neto to feed this in to SmartrMail (or any email provider. I would like to see SmartrMail expand to also include SMS marketing.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Andrew A.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2018

"Smart R Mail - The name says it all !!"

Comments: Smartrmail provides excellent customer service - they answer questions quickly and provide solutions or work arounds to most of my email problems within their software. I love the smart technology that is built into the product, that can send my clients products that suit them automatically, without me doing anything.

Pros: The software links in with my eCommerce program and allows me to produce emails quickly.

Cons: The worst part of the program as that I did not find it earlier.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2018
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/03/2019

"Easy to use, great value"

Comments: I use Smartrmail for 2 sites from Neto. I have automated emails on and do newsletters. Very easy to set up, and saves me time to use on other parts of my businesses

Pros: Integrates easily with my site, email template creator is easy to use

Cons: Some of the help documents can be hard to find, but the support guys are great at pointing in the right direction

• Reviewed on 6/03/2019
Rachael F.
Creator
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"A breakthrough in email campaigns"

Comments: This is a simple system which saves time creating weekly email campaigns. It also seems to provide solutions to all of my queries. Very happy with SmartrMail.

Pros: Easy to use
Very intelligent smart segments means you can target on specific subscribers.
Automatically integrated to our Neto software so products can be linked at the press of a button...no more manually adding links to images and webstore which is very time consuming:)
Links to subscriber sales for accurate metrics and reporting.
The best thing is because SmartrMail integrates with Neto, it can distinguish between retail and wholesale customers (something Mail Chimp could never quite do for us) so we can send them dedicated campaigns without crossover confusion:))))

Cons: Some restrictions with spacing in page layout.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Vicki N.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"Help is always available to create wonderful and simple newsletters."

Comments: It is wonderful having a person who cares at the end of the phone or message, a patient person who is happy to explain basic things.

Pros: It is very easy to create nice newsletters, love the concept of choosing who you send it to.

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like, just need more time to do it.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Craig F.
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Great Software, easy to use, professional results"

Comments: A great experience and highly recommend this product, if your short on time and need something that integrates well with your other platforms, then this is the product for you

Pros: Ease of use, templates and professional result

Cons: Nothing, the software and features for price perform very well

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Brad Y.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE"

Comments: We linked our Neto store and turned on Auto emails and received 8 orders from the first email. Auto emails are a life saver and a great way to keep front of mind for customers.

Pros: This program is amazing. We linked our Neto store and turned on Auto emails and received 8 orders from the first email! CUSTOMER SERVICE IS QUICK AND THOROUGH!

Cons: Some things can be a little tricky to find if you are time poor and busy, however the customer service team quickly point you in the right direction.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Khash R.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2020

"Great Software, Great Support"

Comments: Great system, Great Service by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] et al

Pros: SmartrMail has some cool tools and automation that add value and are a time saver

Cons: I'd like to see it be made available for more eCommerce platforms and also more automation (ala Infusionsoft)

• Reviewed on 8/05/2020
Tarrick M.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2018

"Seems to work quite well..."

Comments: The support is amazing, really quick and very helpful.

Pros: Easy to use and design, great support.

Cons: Some parts are limited, but have been told that they are working to add more features.

• Reviewed on 22/11/2018
Vincenzo M.
Wine & Spirits, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/06/2020

"Very easy to use"

Pros: It's very intuitive to find what you need, the navigation is very clear and the email designing is easy to use.

Cons: Some manual things in the integration but not a big deal.

• Reviewed on 2/06/2020
Nikki T.
Busines Owner / Manager
  • Reviewed on 8/07/2020

"Cheaper than Mailchimp with practical functionality."

Comments: Great customer service and help when needed.

Pros: We use Smartrmail with out Shopify store and really enjoy it. Pulled our email list out of mailchimp over 6 months ago as it was just getting too expensive. Smartrmail has all the functionality I need without being overly complicated.
Just realised it does 2 way sync with Shopify so if a subscriber purchased once, but more than 2 years ago, and then makes a new purchase in our Shopify store, they'll be labelled as " Repeat customer" since there will be 2 orders in this subscribers' profile in your Shopify store.
This is great so that customers repeat business is recognised.
Thank you Smartrmail.

Cons: Nothing major just took a little bit of getting used to the autosave as I was used to saving everything I did manually in mailchimp. Not a software problem, just a person problem ;-P

• Reviewed on 8/07/2020
Brett L.
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"Been making an average of 35x ROI over 11 months"

Comments: Overall we have been making a very good return while using only the most basic features like abandon cart, auto product recommendations, manual sales campaigns and thank you emails.

Pros: The auto product recommendations a super simple and have been really effective at generating consistent revenue.

Cons: I would like the ability to upload custom fonts and create product review follow ups.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Noah G.
eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/08/2020

"Absolute essential for use with Neto eCommerce"

Pros: The SmartrMail system integrates flawlessly with Neto, which gives it access to all our product and customer details; making it easier for us to make it easier for our customers to order more! The instant chat support is amazing to help get set up easily and have everything working exactly how you need it.

Cons: The email design process is a little bit awkward to get used to, but once you're used it, it becomes very easy to make great looking campaigns.

• Reviewed on 5/08/2020
Lily L.
Head of Ecommerce
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Great Customer Experience"

Comments: Because of the complexity of our launch, we are so pleased with the support that the team at Smartr Mail have given us during on-boarding. This has made it easy to troubleshoot issues and map out our initial setup as easily as possible. I did not expect this level of support, thanks guys!

Pros: Smartr Mail allows us to reach our specific market segments with accuracy and in a timely manner. It's smart segments functionality is amazing, and the fact that we can set up automations based around detailed parameters is extremely exciting for our business as we move into the future.

Cons: I needed to be a little better prepared.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Aida R.
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2018

"Great product and exceptional customer service and support"

Comments: 1. Saves time
2. Emails look professional
3. Automation helps you focus on other parts of business

Pros: SmartrMail is so easy to use - no experience or training necessary. Plus integration with our website makes it easy to add products including products descriptions, price images etc. What used to take me an hour to do using other mail service platforms, it takes about 15 minutes now. Smartrmail saves a lot of time and emails just look so much better and professional. Couldn't go back to anything else now. Plus customer support is just exceptional - if you have any questions or need suggestions. 10/10 for software and support.

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like. This is a complete package.

• Reviewed on 5/11/2018