15 years helping New Zealand businesses

ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

4.7 (1,145) Write a Review!

About ESET Endpoint Security

Cybersecurity application for IT administrators to prevent data breaches, covering a suite of devices, networks, and applications.

Learn more about ESET Endpoint Security

Pros:

Ease of use, quick installation, frequent database update, integrate seamlessly.

Cons:

The disadvantages it has are: it analyzes a few files (zip, ace, rar), the options it has been limited. Sometimes has problems detecting compressed programs; some files do not disinfect them.

ESET Endpoint Security ratings

4.5
4.4
4.6
4.4

8.7/10

ESET Endpoint Security has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,145 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ESET Endpoint Security before?

Filter reviews (1,145)

Martin
Martin
Freelancer in Czechia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Protection solution for companies

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Probably the best solution for companies to protect their employees and devices across all platforms.

Pros:

Provides solution to protect company and their employees. Allows to create architecture with endpoint management and protection. The target devices can use more platform what is good for software companies, which wants to protect also all test devices.

Cons:

A bit expensive solution, better for bigger companies with more endpoint devices. Can cause performance problems when used in endpoints with high performance requirements.

2 weeks ago

Hi Martin, We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Rachel L
Rachel L
Digital News Coordinator in US
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

Reliable Antivirus for Comprehensive Protection

Comments: Our experience with ESET has been great since it is easy to use, does not cause the system to slow down, and provides protection against a broad range of threats. We have not dealt with system security challenges since we switched to ESET.

Pros:

I like ESET because it is easy to set up, adjust security settings, and navigate through. It protects our systems against malware, viruses, spyware and other malicious programs and sends alerts on time. I also like real-time scanning and email filtering, which assure security and peace of mind.

Cons:

ESET works quietly in the background, which sometimes makes us wonder if it is up and running. Scans sometimes take too long especially if you have many files. We have experienced a few cases of false alerts when dealing with safe files from known sources.

9 months ago

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review of ESET! We're thrilled to hear that you find it easy to set up and navigate while providing comprehensive protection against malware and viruses. Your feedback about real-time scanning and email filtering is greatly appreciated. We understand your concerns about it working quietly and occasional lengthy scans. We're continuously working to improve user experience. Your trust in ESET and your positive experience since switching to us means a lot to us. Thank you for choosing ESET for your security needs!

Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Improved but still missing some features compared with others

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It is an excellent option for companies with other security solutions for correlating security info (something like SIEM or MDR services) mainly for the excellent price-feature relation.

Pros:

Easy to use and implement, in the last two years it has been improved a lot, making it more suitable for enterprise use.

Cons:

It still lacks some features that other competitors have, like complete integration with other security solutions like firewalls, network security devices, etc.

2 weeks ago

Hi there, Thank you for choosing ESET and for your positive review! We're glad to have you as a customer and that our products are meeting your needs.

Lauren
Lauren
Project Director in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Effective and trusted security platform

Comments: I'm sure there's a good technical explanation behind manual updates, but it'd be fantastic if the core program could update itself and its after-updates setting could be a little simpler. It would also be helpful to have a clearer program allowlist part; having IT tools snagged in scans is inconvenient I've been using this software for a long time and have never encountered a problem that has caused me to consider abandoning it. Because it is customized, you can choose it freely and confidently, knowing that it will meet all of your demands.

Pros:

ESET endpoint protection is flexible and adaptable to keep our business one ahead of the competition and away from any danger. However, I discovered that this is the only one that has a great balance of lightness and safety. In comparison to other companies, its cost is also fair. It is, without a doubt, the best.

Cons:

I spent a bit more time getting it ready for my users, I also experienced a couple of false positives at the start. We also did have a problem with a false positive ARP assault. The extra time must be spent on configuration.

10 months ago

Thank you for sharing your feedback on ESET endpoint protection. We're glad to hear that you find our security platform effective and trustworthy, and that it has been beneficial for your business in staying ahead of the competition. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the initial setup and false positives. Our team is continuously working to improve the configuration process and minimize any false alarms. Regarding the manual updates and after-updates settings, we understand your point, and we'll take it into consideration for future updates to enhance user experience and make the process more streamlined. We appreciate your continued support and trust in our software, and we'll strive to meet all your demands with a customized and reliable solution. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Rick
Sys Admin in Canada
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

Great Overall Endpoint Protection

Comments: Very good product, easy to setup and maintain. Online portal easy to use and well layed out. Most of our users are on thin clients and have profiles on the server. So very important for us to be able to catch stuff in real time but at the same time not have our system slowed to a crawl since everyone is technically using same processor and Ram power. Email security on our Exchange server also catches things weekly. Also get emails for tons of useful webinars to help us further the fight against malware.

Pros:

Very easy to setup and maintain. The online portal allows you to remove old devices very efficiently so you do not overuse licenses.

Cons:

We like everything about ESET as it does not slow the system down like previous endpoint product we used.

3 months ago

Hi Rick, Thank you for choosing ESET as your cybersecurity solution, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that our software is meeting your needs and providing you with peace of mind. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Antivirus for Non-Profit

Pros:

Probably the best antivirus out there right now. It has so many different helpful things that it does from browser scanning, malware, etc.

Cons:

Nothing, it is a bit on the expensive side.

4 months ago

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate its support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Ali
Engineer in Türkiye
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Leading Traditional Antiviruses

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

A program that I have been using for years that does not tire the system and is equipped with new features.

Cons:

It is caught between traditional antiviruses and EDR technology. It must now evolve to EDR.

last week

Hi Ali, Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Mitchell
schoolbus driver in US
Education Management, Self Employed

feel safe use eset

Pros:

they been around a long time and i always feel safe

Cons:

there is none works great with other sofeware

2 months ago

Hi Mitchell, Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Retail, Self Employed

A good all-around security provider

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's good and recommend for it's fair price.

Pros:

It has a huge variety of detailed reports, and I love reports. Who doesn't?? It has easy to use remote management and allows me to check everything from a distance. Has plugin-free phishing protection.

Cons:

The UI is somehow sluggish and overly complex.

2 weeks ago

Hi there, Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Engineer in UK
Security & Investigations, 51–200 Employees

Very much needed and easy to use

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The simplicity of ESET is what stands outs for me and ease of use

Cons:

Eset security can take a little too long to load but other than that I haven’t had any issues using it.

2 weeks ago

Hi John, Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

LOURDES
Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Lightweight But Tough Virus and Web Protection

Comments: I have been an ESET user since 2005. Back then there was only ESET NOD32 and it has grown a lot since with various platform protection. I am very pleased that they have not changed their style of being lightweight and easy to install (no-brainer installation and management) that I recommend it for use to friends and colleagues. I have never ever had any virus problems with ESET which is the main reason why I am confident when I recommend it even to clients. One really gets the value for his/her money with a license purchase from ESET.

Pros:

It is lightweight, meaning it does not need too much resources to run in the operating system. This is the best selling factor for me of ESET NOD32, especially when compared to Norton or McAfee. The value for money is greater than Kaspersky, another antivirus product which I think is just as good as ESET. ESET is also easy to install and hassle-free. It takes very little time and supervision to install this and as long as you have fast internet, downloading the latest updates and modules is also fast and easy.

Cons:

The only thing I didn't like about ESET's range of security products is that there are different version for different devices that I have to purchase them separately if I wanted an all-around ESET protection. It would be nice if there is a way to get discount on, say, mobile licenses if you already have the full Windows/Mac product purchased. I had to purchase a separate license for my Android phone - it would have been nice if I could just use the same license.

Warren
General Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

ESET - Reliable, Affordable and great support.

Comments: We have used Eset for over 15 years now, and it's robust Anti Virus programme, combined with top notch helpdesk is a winning formula. On the rare occasion you need to contact their support, they are quick, precise and incredibly helpful.

Pros:

The ease of use is it's greatest pull. It really is a plug and play solution. Once installed, it sits there doing it's job effectively. Minimal configuration is needed, but you can go as crazy as you want with it.

Cons:

other AV vendors have started to add in third party software updating. This would be received well within ESET.

Craig
Owner in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Eset for centralized antimalware management

Comments: It does a great job of catching malware. Occasionally we will have a problem with security updates in Outlook. This can cause the Outlook plugin to not start.

Pros:

It provide a centralized management system for anti-malware. It is easy to use and does a great job catching web and email malware.

Cons:

The initial installation was a little time consuming. I need to reach out to support to get help with the base profiles. Evidently this was common, they emailed me a set already configured.

nigel
Ceo in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Feature Rich! Security at its best

Comments: It is doing a good job of antivirus protection and filtering. It is also more customizable than I have tried.

Pros:

This software detected other networks on my machine. IT was good to have that information to resolve some interesting errors.

Cons:

I had to set the firewall for a foreign country that is headquarters. This was a slight problem that I didn’t expect. It also seems to run slow but it could be my configuration so I can’t be sure to blame the software yet.

Mark
IT Engineer in UK
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Eset Endpoint Security (Business)

Comments: Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Pros:

Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed is impressive against its competition. Eset has passed each one of its VB100 labtests never missing an in the wild virus. Licensing is flexible and new versions are free as long as you hold a valid license. On demand scans can be immediate or scheduled and Esset pride themselves on keeping false positives to a minimum. Eset's support team are knowledgeable and helpful and will happily remote to your machine using ISLOnline to resolve any issues you may have. The business product can be managed by a Remote Administration Console making easy to update and configure all the Eset software on your network.

Cons:

Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

Mark
Systems Coordinator in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

ESET Offers Industry Leader Protection

Comments: Overall ESET has offered good training and excellent functionality. I really hope they focus on competing with web interfaces such as Carbon Black.

Pros:

ESET Endpoint Security offers the very best protection out of any of the products I've tested. CISA and Homeland Security often mention ESET's protection of various threats and has been this way for many years.

Cons:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, ESET offered a much better local administration and deployment server. The current local or remote web based management sucks in comparison. ESET really should invest in re-working their management completely focusing on ease of use and configuration as I think it is the primary reason people would switch away from them. If you are willing to spend some time with this product, it really is excellent.

last year

Carol
Web Designer and Content Creator in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

ESET offers comprehensive defense against many threats

Comments: ESET helps keep our computers safe from potential threats such as phishing attacks, viruses, or malware. It offers continuous monitoring and blocks suspicious files. It is quick to scan and provide alerts on time to prevent infections. However, computers with low storage and RAM might be a bit slow.

Pros:

ESET offers a full set of security measures from firewall protection, real-time monitoring, web filtering. Even if it lacks VPN, it offers reliable security to prevent attacks from viruses and other malicious programs. It promptly blocks any suspected threats and alerts you especially before downloading potentially dangerous files from untrusted sources.

Cons:

New users need to learn about setting up settings before they can change settings as required. It could slow down old devices with low RAM and storage. I also feel that they should consider adding a VPN to allow users browse anonymously.

8 months ago

Thank you for your 5-star review of ESET! 🌟 We're delighted to hear that you appreciate our comprehensive defense against threats, including firewall protection, real-time monitoring, and web filtering. Your feedback is valuable, and we'll certainly take your suggestions into consideration. We're here to keep your computers safe and secure, and we're thrilled to have you as a satisfied customer!

Darina
manager in Slovakia
Civil Engineering, 2–10 Employees

It is best to be safe

Comments: The best is that from very beginning of using ESET software I have no problem with harms to computer or data or web site - no one. This is most important - they are continually improving their SW to be best on market and help their customer . They do their business very well - so we may do our safe and protected.

Pros:

To have my data safe - not to be afraid of any harm in my data. We use many commercial data from our clients to prepare for them good offers and manage good projects - so we have to be safe with all our work. Many of my friends lost all data on damaged hardisks by activity of stupid hackers or paid so much money to unlock data in specialised companies. Data it is the most important in today times - so the best protection of computer by best software like ESET is step to right direction. I use ESET software for more than ten years - no one problem with any harm of computer or data - and we use internet daily. ESET is the best

Cons:

there is no one thing, even I like the design and name - it so good

ukasz
ukasz
Cybersecurity specialist in Poland
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Protect your endpoints with ease

Comments: Overall its a great Endpoint protection software, perfect for small and big companys. If have a lot of endpoints I definitely suggest to set a ESET PROTECT console for managing your infrastructure. The feature to block websites and usb deviced is really usefull and easy to configure like all the program is.

Pros:

I like the user-friendly interface of Eset Endpoint Security, its super easy to find any option you are looking for. You don't need to be IT specialist to work with it without problems.

Cons:

Sometimes there are server connection problems, but ususally they are quickly solved.

2 years ago

We want to thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Anthony
Anthony
Software Engineer in US
Consumer Goods, 501–1,000 Employees

Total protection and maximum productivity

Comments: ESET Endpoint Security is a very comprehensive protection tool. Its startup panel gives you a quick overview of the device count, the number of detected threats and a threat trend line.

Pros:

It is an easy-to-configure platform and is seamlessly managed from a unified cloud-based console. It takes up very little computing resources and computers are not slowed down in its operation. It is highly effective in detecting and blocking suspicious processes that may turn out to be ransomware. It has the ability to run memory scans in search of malicious attacks. ESET's support team responds effectively and in a short period of time.

Cons:

The only thing that so far I think should be considered is that compared to similar platforms, its cost is considerably high.

2 years ago

Thank you for choosing ESET as your cybersecurity solution, and for taking the time to write a review. We're glad to hear that our software is meeting your needs and that you are finding it to be a smooth integration process to provide you with peace of mind. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

Vincenzo
Mr in Italy
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

A Warranty

Comments: The overall experience is very positive. I was easily able to configure all my colleagues' PCs by disabling all user functions and managing all services remotely.

Pros:

ESET Endpoint Security is a very reliable system and very easy to use. Administrators have no difficulty in both configuration and deployment.

Cons:

From my experience as a system administrator, the product does not have any type of difficulty or critical issue.

7 months ago

Thank you for your positive review of ESET Endpoint Security! We're thrilled to hear that you find it reliable and user-friendly and that it has made your job as a system administrator a breeze. We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy using our product.

giorgio
product manager in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

plug and play

Comments: it is a product that has always been known, but it is constantly evolving, follows and anticipates market trends. the company is mostly composed of technicians, less marketing but lots of substance

Pros:

this SW is very light, doesn't impact the performance of your device , also the legacy one. easy to deploy and easy to use, very precise on malware detection.

Cons:

the support was not the best, but since they opened the branch in Italy this problem has also been solved immediately. it is a product suitable for small companies, perhaps it is not very suitable for large industry

2 years ago

Thank you for your honest review and endorsement of ESET, we truly appreciate it! We're glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with our software and that your issue with the support team was cleared up with our Italy branch. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to them.

Aleksandra
Aleksandra
Freelance Graphic Artist in Poland
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Sticking with it for entire family

Comments: In three years we've been using ESET at home (3PC + 3 mobile license) we've never had a virus or malware actually get through (always blocked/quarantined in time). And that's with a technologically challenged 60 year old woman, who has her own computer and little knowledge about how to protect herself. Also worth mentioning that transferring the license from old computer to new one in the middle of license term didn't take any significant knowledge or time.

Pros:

ESET doesn't slow down computer as much as other commercially available antiviruses. On low end machine it is more efficient and responsive than anything else, and at that price point it's definitely one of the biggest pluses. ESET provides easy to grasp interface and features that allow you bigger control over your network.

Cons:

Like every other antivirus, at certain times it turns into giant resource hog, successfully preventing you from getting your job done. It has indeed a mode which prevents it from starting high-resource processes when you're in full screen, but it starts them immediately after you close such app. Let's say your game crashed in the middle of work, you gotta wait those 10-15 minutes before launching it back if ESET already scheduled something for that time. There are workarounds, but you have to be at least moderately skilled in use of computer to get to them.

IT Project Manager in Philippines
Investment Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Always be secure

Comments: Install this, keep updated, and that's all there is to it. Internet and USB threat security is a breeze.

Pros:

ESET is light, functional, and up-to-date. I leave the auto-update on in order to be sure I get the latest virus definitions and updates to keep my PC secure. I don't even notice ESET running and the download doesn't affect my network usage either. It just works silently and securely in the background keeping away any fears and headaches. The user interface is pretty straight forward and the graphs gives you the run-thru you need with just a quick glance. I have not experienced any infection or malware getting away. It has always been scanned and detected by ESET. I think this is pretty good considering that creative work requires me to check websites that can, at times, be within risky domains. There is also an extension for my Mobile devices. Most happy about the anti-theft feature and the ability to secure my data. I often lose my mobile devices on the field, and ESET gives me the piece of mind that my data cannot be accessed by anyone who picks up what I lost.

Cons:

Very rare instances of false positives. Some files downloaded and gets flagged for quarantine. Very rare. Other than that nothing else.

Simon
Senior Data Analyst in Australia
Market Research, 51–200 Employees

Best I Could Find (and I tested many)

Comments: I downloaded and tested many antivirus products against a set of known viruses (collected from security research sites) and Eset was one of the few that managed to detect all of them and also performed well when these viruses were morphed to not match any known pattern (so testing the heuristics engine). The latter test is the harder and excusable, but if I can find a virus on a research site with a few minutes googling, I'd expect my AV product to, and was shocked as some of the leading industry names to not do so. All the while using lower resources and allowing the system to stay performant (again, unlike some of the leading industry named products). I like it so much I have paid my own money for personal licences at home. We've yet to have a problem, it's not if, but when you'll be hacked, but so far, we're ahead of the curve and Eset is a big part of that.

Pros:

I find Eset to be easy to use and administrate, also light on system resources (unlike some of the competition that would hog a machine so much you might as well have it riddled with malware, it'd run faster). It also does a good job of not bothering the users with pointless popups, only stepping in where necessary

Cons:

Not much, always been good for us and simple to implement.

2 years ago

Thank you so much for the detailed and insightful review. It is truly appreciated.