Abstract Approach to Cards; Few Limitations

Michael M.
Partner, Cofounder, Chief Creative Technologist
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: For business partners & employees there was a steep learning curve; BUT Favro’s blog and resources do an amazing job at showing a lot of different management styles & project management approaches being used on the platform. This really helped people with different business and personal backgrounds start with a strong footing. The biggest part of the adoption wasn’t the platform, but how individual actors in the organization wanted to manage projects and action items when there was no platform limitations... Which for a startup, is definitely required as the business solidified it’s processes over time. Basically, there were no bottlenecks presenter while doing a myriad of different project types on Favro... that’s a big statement for a platform.

Pros: The platform approaches cards agnostically, but ensures re-use of customizations through templates. Lanes, groups, automation, and tagging make almost anything manageable in Favro... more than almost all others that I’ve worked on for production level projects. Agnostic to project management styles is a huge benefit when running things in the platform. Also important, the platform is amazing for how old it is. It’s “young” but I’m sure it will surpass others in terms of features.

Cons: Lanes displayed as standard cards in “My cards” is a bit overwhelming. I’m sure in the future they will keep upgrading to pay a bit more attention to “admin” views and have more “authority” driven dashboard views that summate statistics that currently are only viewable directly to the boards themselves.

Trello on Steroids

Reviewed on 26/07/2019
Vincentas K.
Customer Experience Manager
Wireless, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: More powerful project management tool then trello
The fact that you can link cards across different projects
Multiple possibilities to customize and integrate

Cons: We tried to use in a way it was not supposed to be used. After all nuances were aired out - Favro became useful and convenient

Favro Is One To Look Out For!

Reviewed on 8/11/2019
Skyler B.
Web Designer, Developer, and Owner
Design, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used Favro for project overviews and estimates. It's worked very well and really helps me visualize time spent and time allocated.

Pros: Favro is a very interesting concept that I would not have supported on paper. But, in application, it works exceptionally well. It is a great way of visualizing tasks and seeing how projects are progressing. It fits exactly how I think about projects and works very well.

Cons: I found myself feeling like I was missing something when I first started using Favro. I wish there was a quick tutorial or overview video that wouldn't take all day or multiple parts to get into. Something to get me started.

Great UI, but lacks depth of functionality

Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Renny K.
CTO
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I wouldn't say we had any benefits. We tried it because we liked their other product (Hansoft) which is native, and expected that they would be creating a web-version of what they had or at least something that is feature comparable.

Pros: 1. Great UI for KanBan based products
2. Concept of parent child hierarchies that are not limited to 3 or 4 levels (allows us to do great planning). However, this functionality is really tedious to use in the UI, unlike their Hansoft product.
3. Easy to update cards/add comments/add attachments
4. Multiple assignees to cards
5. Tasklist within cards

Cons: 1. The parent-child hierarchy is nearly impossible to use due to UI design / usability problems
2. Searching and reporting is completely lacking. I wouldn't even call it mediocre, it's just not there. There is some "filtering" which is absolutely unusable for any large project.
3. No ability to link tasks in any way or mark duplicates.
4. *** NO WAY TO EXPORT DATA *** : BEWARE OF THIS
(I wrote my own export using their API, but lost between 30-50% of the details of each card)

Convenient to work with a large team

Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Sylvie G.
Directeur Général
Financial Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Our company has a very high load and hard work: every day we carry out 7-10 projects. So that employees always clearly know their task, we use Favro. It is ideal for visualizing tasks. Employees can be assigned to each of them and it is easy to track progress.

Cons: It is a pity that the performance of the application on different platforms is very different. On Android it is impossible to work, the application crashes constantly. But on iOS, everything is in order.

Great For Keeping Track of Projects

Reviewed on 3/12/2019
Lead Graphic Designer
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I think it works great. I was a little skeptical when first thinking of using it, but now I like it much better than any other task management system I've used!

Pros: I love the fact that it incorporates a spreadsheet element and "cards" and seamlessly pulls from one to the other. Super easy to wrap my head around that system!

Cons: There are occasionally little bugs that I run into, but they honestly seem to be really good at updating and fixing those things that I do encounter.

Facilitates the management of tasks and projects and develops to the maximum your productivity

Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Orangel C.
Especialista en Marketing de Servicios
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like to use this type of management software to organize my week, our company has daily active participation in social networks, in addition to planning sales strategies, marketing and distribution of our products. I like that all the members of the teams are active fulfilling their tasks on time, that guarantees the constant flow of income, and efficiency in the use of you.

Pros: Planner that develops productivity through the application of functions and tools easy to use, intuitive and very useful for the organization and the order of the activities of the week, which will benefit teamwork, and monitoring of projects. Assign tasks and schedule start and end dates of them, you can get reports of results based on time and observe the productivity of each member of the team, including your own.

Cons: I would like to have a graphical view of the time in a Gantt chart that could be and the progress of each team member in a percentage cake.

Great option for project management

Reviewed on 21/04/2019
Aurea luz R.
Coordinadora de Compras
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have developed the execution of several projects that involve the purchase and supply of our company, you facilitate the execution of the project, you can monitor and be attentive to the development of others and make changes in any phase of the project that requires it.

Pros: You can plan and develop ideas, it is flexible and adapts to which types of project. It keeps you in touch with all those who are part of the execution of the project, allows you to share files and do all kinds of collaborative work, you can manage more than one project at a time.

Cons: I had no problems with the software, I could use them without major problems

Our team is loving Favro - productivity unleashed!

Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Jonathan B.
Music, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The experience has been great so far, loving it and would recommend to our business partners.

Pros: We started using this to track project progress within our team, and love the features. very easy to use and great interface.

Cons: I don't think there is anything we dislike about Favro. It's all good so far, and we will keep using it!

Favro

Reviewed on 31/08/2019
Christopher H.
Ceo
Computer Games, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Its a great tool for getting things done, if you have some team members that do not all live at the same place or same time zones. Having this amount of detail to help say exactly what you want and when you want it is very helpful.

Pros: Features is the key thing here, they have so many its hard to list them all. I will list a few of the ones that caught my eye for my team.
Timeline, mobility, and detailed charts of what needs to be done.

Cons: Monthly price is of course the only issue I am with most things, being a small business trying to start out is tough.

Welcoming software screaming to get hands-on

Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Ivan S.
Law Practice, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The software can be used across departments connecting people and departments in a collaborative platform. And it is very friendly to share the project progress during meetings.

Pros: Favro is friendly, super flexible and yet powerful when going skin deep. The system is built around super-customizable tasks called CARDS. CARDS can be connected to each other, or arranged hierarchically. CARDS can contain checklists like a list of subtasks, a list of languages to translate, whatever.
The CARDS can be grouped in BACKLOGS which are containers that will do for AGILE working styles but also for more traditional project management. They are not a Gantt chart yet I am pleased that I can have a list reflecting when the tasks (CARDS) have to happen, by whom, and grouped under project stages (for which I create a CARD one level up).
The approach is completed with BOARDS, a very Agile approach in which CARDS are placed in columns. Favro beats its competitors in that you can build as many columns as required with whatever labels. In example To-Do/Doing/Completed, or In analysis/Approved/In progress/Under testing/Ready/Closed, you choose. Favro strength is its flexibility, making it suitable for Marketing, a software development team, a Manufacturing company, Sales department, you name it. You can fit in any project.
To round off a CARD can live in more than one BACKLOG and one BOARD. This allows to make very powerful views on the tasks, like concurrently in a Dev team BOARD (To-Do/Doing/Completed) as the manager BOARD (Goals Q1/Goals Q2/Goals Q3) and yet still be one single task (CARD) maintained by all these roles. A BOARD can have more than one LANE i.e. for the

Cons: The obvious con of so much flexibility is that at first it is not clear what will be the best way to use it, and some users may even feel lost. Actually it could be easy to make a few bad choices in the start and find yourself with a hard to maintain collection of boards and backlogs. Also the flexible categorization can make searching for existing tasks (CARDS) a dark science scrolling through a long list in which you have to hope you found all the relevant CARDS, the alternative being to go to the full featured reporting system. Being a new contender in the category at the moment it lacks the expansive list of integrations that some of their competitors have, yet the frequent updates denote they will catch up quickly.

It's a great start - but hope they start adding more features soon...

Reviewed on 12/10/2018
Training Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It has been good overall - I think they just need to making updates and improvements more often.

Pros: I like how it flows and how cards can be in multiple areas. I like how the cards can be built out and be pretty custom. While we haven't been able to get them 100% for our needs - we've been able to get close. I also like how you can see a full history of everything that has happened. The workflow rules are nice (these seem pretty basic though - would love more options for these).

Cons: I'll be honest, I don't know the history of Favro or how long it has been around. We've been using it for around 4-5 months and it is replacing some of the other tools we were using. But the impression I am getting from it is that it is still in a beta phase. The main bones are there but it could really use additional features, or improvements made to the ones there. I haven't seen a single update since I've started using it in this time, and when you reach out asking if Favro does something they are helpful to offering other ways you can use the tool if the feature you want isn't available, but if the feature isn't there they just say they will make note but don't offer any other information. As someone who also works for a SAAS company I am not expecting any etas on anything, but having been almost 5 months and no updates to anything have happened it makes me wonder what's going on... One of my biggest pet peeves is with the custom fields, I wish there was an option to hide them from the card face because on some of our teams we had to stop using them because it made the cards too long. This was disappointing because they were super helpful, but when you have 30-40 cards in one lane - it's a lot to scroll through. Something else that needs improvement is alerts and knowing what all is assigned to you. I could have 100+ cards at one time and "my feed" is not an easy way for me to see what all I need to do.

Favro has been great - we migrated from Trello, and it has been overall pretty seamless.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Taylor P.
Technical Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall - this has been a great productivity software. We have very much enjoyed the ability to have cards live in multiple locations, so that people in different departments can all make updates to the same card.

Pros: The ability to have cards live in multiple locations is the #1 reason we switched from Trello to Favro. The Marketing and Product teams have separate boards, but, often work together on tasks. It is great to have a single card or group of cards live in multiple locations, so that when anyone makes an update to the card, it is updated for everyone.

Cons: Management of cards and boards isn't as easy as I'd like it to be. Every week, we make a new board for tasks that we want to accomplish that week, and we move the cards between columns as we make progress on them. When we complete the task, we move the card all the way over to a 'Done' column that we create. The columns are the same every week, and each week we need to manually create a new board and all of the columns. It would be great if we could have a new board automatically created each week to satisfy this. Or, at the very least, be able to create new boards from a template, to make this process easier. Additionally, managing tags is a bit of a problem. We migrated our boards over from Trello, so the old Product team boards and Marketing team boards from Trello each had their own tags, but, some of them overlapped. Favro doesn't offer a way to manage these tags and clean them up, so, assigning tags is difficult. For example, there could be 3 distinct tags for Video: "Video", "video", and "Vids". When creating a new card, and assigning a tag to the card, if I type in 'vid', all 3 of these tags are available to assign to the card. I have to know which tag I'm supposed to use and which I'm supposed to ignore. If I choose the incorrect tag, that could make finding a card later on more difficult.

I've been looking for a tool to replace Trello for a while. Favro is Trello on steroids.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017
Liran B.
Managing Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The ability to turn features on and off. For example swim lanes are huge. Another example is the Slack integration. The core functionality is there, but I can also add additional pieces per project as needed. I also love the fact that if you can use Trello. Favro feels like its older, stronger, smarter brother. After a while, some of my client Trello boards turned into 30 column monstrosities. Favro allows me to turn those into clean organized boards. LOVE swim lanes. Swim lanes are a Kanban staple and allow me to easily organize my boards vertically and horizontally. Also love the Backlog elements. Helps keep things organized and contained. Clients and most people in general get overwhelmed with too much information. Favro allows me to strip away the noise for my clients so they know exactly where to look and what they need to do. For example, I can hide the backlogs, I can minimize the boards I don't care about. Less noise = more focus.

Cons: I wish the card templates were dynamic. In other words, I create a template, and after updating the card template it updates all the other templates moving forward.

Trello built for real work.

Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Fredrik W.
Team Lead
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's ease of use. It's a better version than a whiteboard and post its (and I don't say that lightly!). It gives our team the same flexibility to structure and re-structure how we organize our work for our current needs as a white board would, but with all the added benefits that delightful software brings. A+!

Cons: I don't have that many annoyances. At the top of the list would proper two-way sync with JIRA, simply because of all the workflows associated with JIRA are awesome for so many things, except of doing actual work. I would absolutely love if I could get a synced backlog from JIRA, but keep the process of doing work and resolving tickets via Favro. That would honstely be my killer app because someone of the team has do to double work at the moment. And please don't try to replicate JIRA:s features, embrace it instead. Another, much smaller thing I would like is to automagically tag all cards in a backlog with a tag as soon as it's added to it. Would make it much easier to get a glance of what areas my team members are working on in the lanes themselves. And better markdown support with syntax highlighting and such would be a welcome addition as well.

Great tool to manage boards/cards/bugs over weekly sprints.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017
Chris G.
Co-Founder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easier management of sprints and greater insight into time to complete tasks. ie If cards are spanning multiple boards. The ability to have more granularity over the control of boards was a huge win over trello. That was the main reason for choosing this product over trello.

Pros: We switched from Trello to Favro because managing bugs/tasks across sprints became time consuming. Being able to easily see boards across multiple sprints was a huge win. Also, the fact that bugs are always visible is great as well.

Cons: My main wish is if there was a way to quickly identify clutter. For example, bugs that have not been touched for 6+ months are probably not bugs or have already been fixed. Maybe have a way to call attention to those cards for deletion. It would also be awesome if there was some sort of "smart" check to let the user know that a card being added may have already been added. It can waste quite a bit of time when you start looking into a bug that someone else has already fixed because it was added twice.

Easy to use. Constant improvement. You do feel like part of a family due to good customer support.

Reviewed on 20/09/2017
Esther P.
QA Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: More structure and a better overview for our project.

Pros: Easy to understand and use.
More project structure than in Trello.
Report abilities
More geared towards scrum with estimations (point system).
Clone function.
Distinction between backlog and board
Templates for boards and collections
Copy function

Cons: Relationship between cards difficult to see and check once a ticket is in a board. Subticket relations are hard to maintain and review. User role/rights management is very rudimentary and needs improving. Customer fields is a welcome feature. Several templates per board or backlog are not possible. Opening a link to card/board/backlog/ etc. will just open that as a singular entity with no ability to move back to the system properly. Checklist items are not detailed on any of the reports just how much items there are in a list. Ability to navigate to the next ticket with a keyboard shortcut. Ability to scroll through pictures if a ticket has more than one attachment. Ticketnumber is not displayed on tickets when in board view. Very little export functions for different systems.

As simple or as complex and you need it to be for light project management. Like Trello on steroids.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Arturo R.
Account Manager - SEM/SEO Specialist
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to use, easy to set rules, easy to create and assign tasks.
Once you set the rules and procedures adapted to your processes, it's very easy to use and to keep organized. I recommend spending some time setting up processes and rules: It'll make your project management bulletproof, even when multiple team members collaborate in one board.
It's also very easy to switch from one board to the other and it's easy to differentiate your dashboards from one another.
Integrations are amazing, you can connect with many other third-party software.

Cons: Centralized time tracking is not offered, making project accounting difficult.
Multiple clients or projects might require different ways of working, so I recommend diving into the details of the platform to fully understand it and master it.
It also does not provide Gantt chart or project completion graphs that are so useful. I recommend complementing this platform with other tools for these features.
Integrations are very useful to compensate for these cons.

Intuitive and great for tracking individual tasks

Reviewed on 16/10/2018
Shun E.
Graphic designer
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It’s a great tool that is easy for an individual contributor to understand and use for tasks . I hear from the side of project managers that it is a little hard to configure sometimes to keep track of all the nuances of projects and tasks.

Pros: I like the visual format of the software, and the clearly marked columns showing the status of the task(in progress, in review, approved, done, etc). It keeps my managers aware of the status of each of my tasks, and I can choose who to notify. I also like that it notifies people I tag in the comments.

Cons: As a graphic artist who attaches several images to tasks, the time it takes to load an image on screen for viewing is very slow. I did not encounter this on Trello, so surprising. It needs to be much snappier.

Very Reasonable and Useful Project Management Software

Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Human Resources Specialist
Banking, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I work with a team of people at the HR department. Although we handle different tasks and projects, there are some projects that we collaborate together. It’s important to find an app that has everything centralized in one system. This is where Favro comes to the picture. I was very happy to find this application which has very cheap monthly fees. I don’t even know where to start with the features, but this software allows you to brainstorm, track and plan ahead. You can use it on your phone and computer. The interface looks so cool and you can print out the reports of your projects.

Cons: It looks like a relatively new software that seems to be dynamic, but not all features can be used to its full potential. Better to not have many features but excel in what it can offer.

Honest Opinion

Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Grunbaum G.
Personal secretary for Defence Minister's advisor
Government Administration, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Getting all of my clients/projects orgenised as my calander and in control of my work and personal goals and tasks.

Pros: After Reviewing 10 most known Managing Apps - I have decided on Favro - it was a hard and long process which took me about a little over a month in which I have used all my "free trials" periods on all of them.
Favro was the most suitable for my way of working - I can freely and quickly load my tasks for various projects as they come later I can deal with each of them and assigned each of them to team members and keep track of my progress - it's visually very appealing and enables me to distinct right away where I am standing. I have checked 10 Apps - were left with two which Afro was one of the two.
The mobile follow up is wonderfull too i can be in a meeting and look at my check list of that meeting and have no need of printouts of my meeting notes and use it to update my meeting notes as the meeting goes along.

Cons: I wanted to share one of my clients (projects) with his dashboard and found out accidentaly he could olso see my own privet dashbord - i have immidiatly cancled the option - so far hadn't have the time to learn to overcome that problem - i guess it's my lack of experience of operating Favro.

Better than trello, less complexed than jira, but can be improved,

Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Product Engineer
51-200 Employees

Comments: - Gives more clarity to team and org
- Providing separation of backlog and sprint goals increase the productivity

Pros: - Two separate section really make the backlog and current sprint stories easy to maintain
- Separation also gives the clarity to the team, hence increase the team velocity
- Defining a template for each card is a pretty cool feature.
- Having integration with 3rd party softwares like slack, mail really makes easy to track stories

Cons: - Changing the estimation measure at one place changes at every place
- I dont like the new UI, lot of light colors, decreasing the contrast, can't differentiate between different cards easily
- There should be an easy option to get the address of the card, instead of clicking on the card and then copying the card link
- If u write something and accidentally u refresh page those changes are discarded automatically this should not be the case it can be improved

A Sophisticated Virtual Project Management Software

Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Technology Support Specialist
Retail, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My score for Favro is 9.5/10, but they don't deserve to have it rounded down to 9.
10 it is.

Pros: I was searching for an app to manage my projects and was thrilled to have stumbled upon this program called Favro. Favro has so much to offer when it comes to working as a team. We can visualize our projects while discussing virtually and writing it down on the virtual whiteboard. You can create a board and add frames. I am a visual person when it comes to learning and Favro captured my attention. The program keeps me focuses and excited about our projects. The program allows you to do video conferencing calls and chats. Favro is a sophisticated software for project management.

Cons: I don’t have any problems with the software because it has really helped me with my projects and tasks. The price is also very reasonable and affordable. Only thing I'd suggest Favro improve is to how fast their team replies to tickets.

Organized, functional, keeps team on task, provides transparency about WIP

Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Susan B.
Production Manager
Program Development, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My team knows exactly what to work on, and stakeholder know all the projects that are currently WIP, or on deck.

Pros: 1. Having a customizable backlog in addition to Kanban boards for team members.
2. The estimation field helps us follow scrum/agile process.
3. The ability to tag members, setup workflow rules, card limits, and manage a checklist of tasks to complete that card.
4. Private To Do list

Cons: 1. Would like a "Go To" link to be able to open the card in it's location (whether in a different collection, backlog or board).
2. A way to sort my backlog ( rearrange order by card title, board location, dates, estimation, tags, members, etc.)
3. Double-click to open attachments instead of downloading.
4. The option to add a card from a backlog to a specific columns on a Kanban board (Doing, Done, etc.)
5. Adding/Moving a backlog card to the bottom of the list instead of to the top of the first column.
6. Sync the order/prioritization of backlog cards with a column on the Kanban Board. Meaning, if I have prioritized cards in the backlog, to have that prioritization reflected in the Kanban column.
7. An option to remove tagged jobs from the private To Do list.
8. To have a full screen view of the backlog, similar to what you have for the boards.

EXCELLENT, but a few minor functionalities missing

Reviewed on 28/10/2016
Damiaan M.
Designer
Design, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We've recently made the transition from Trello to Favro, and on the whole we're very happy with the quality of the software and the service provided. The only constructive criticism i have is: - having to download linked files to preview them, in trello you could view files linked to cards in browser without having to download them first. This is an essential functionality that favro is sorely lacking! - when you have multiple long collections of different long lists, it can become quite complicated to navigate around the collections, maybe an expanded set of shortcuts allowing you to jump from collection to collection and card to card could be quite useful in terms of the user experience. At the moment it can be quite tricky to find specific cards in big collections. Cheers, Damiaan

Pros: Great UI and UX design, very useful for keeping track of big projects with lots of moving parts

Cons: no linked file preview on cards,

confusing to navigate large collections