Datamolino Reviews

by Datamolino

• Overall
    4.9/5
    4.9/5

About Datamolino

Bookkeeping automation for effective accountants and bookkeepers!

Learn more about Datamolino

Tom P.
Partner
Maritime, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Great Product, Excellent Customer Service"

Comments: I would recommend Datamolino to anyone looking to take the repetitiveness out of manual data entry. I can't praise their customer service enough. The chat box in the lower right hand corner of the screen is always answered promptly and they go out of their way to help whenever they can.

Pros: Fully automated compared to other competitors. Great UI.

Cons: Price, but with everything - you get what you pay for. I switched for a time to try and safe money but ended up coming back to these guys as the other software increased my workflow due to lack of automation.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Carol W.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2017

"Datamolino never fails me"

Pros: I have been using Datamolino for a while and it is really easy to understand, set up, and use. The customer service is fantastic. The accuracy is really good, yes things do not always come out correctly, but there is a smiple system to tell them where the problems are and they are dealt with quickly and efficiently. With all software, things go wrong, but you can be assured the staff at Datamolino will be more than willing to listen to the issues, will get back to you in moments, and the development team really do listen and take your suggestions seriously.

Cons: Ocacsionally I have made the silly mistake of uploading a whole file more than once, and realise as I have dragged it into the box, but before I confirm. the problem is the file starts it upload immediately so I have to remember to let it finish and go back in and delete it. The development have said they are looking into a way to have a second confirm level so that does not happen. All my doing not theirs, but the only issue I have with the software.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2017
Tim P.
Director Support Services
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/03/2019

"An intelligent approach to document recongition"

Comments: Datamolino provides a more accurate and reliable document recognition system than Xero's inbuilt "email to bill" option which is invaluable if you have large document volumes or complex supplier setups. The Datamolino team is also the most responsive and attentive we have dealt with in the XERO eco-sphere.

Pros: Datamolino's "fingerprint" approach to establishing new suppliers works really well. You engage with real people and you can converse with them to get the standard setup to exactly what you want. The team is responsive and customer service is excellent. You don't have to compromise or work around the limitations of AI or computer generated document recognition, which his really helpful.

Cons: The integration with other XERO apps wasn't always seamless, but the potential with, for example, ApprovalMax is huge if you persevere. Sometimes you get tripped up as all three apps (XERO, Datamolino and ApprovalMax) start trying to do each other's jobs. Also, from here in the Southern hemisphere, connection and response speeds tended to be slower than for XERO (hosted locally) as Datamolino lives in Europe.

• Reviewed on 8/03/2019
Steven S.
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"Datamolino - Does What It Says On The Tin"

Comments: I wanted to put on record not only what a great product Datamolino is, but they were one of the first companies to help us in a really difficult time. As a pub we use them to scrub all our invoices before passing them into Xero. The scrub has become better and better over time and saves me a huge amount of time. I used to use one of the other "scrubbers" so to speak, but found Datamolino much simpler to use and their app more user friendly. If we ever get the world back on tilt, we certainly will support this company as they have supported us, unlike some other well known suppliers.

Pros: Easy To Use and does exactly what it's designed to do.

Cons: Nothing. The product is easy to use. I'd liek an easier way to switch between companies on the app is about the only thing.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2020
Thomas michael S.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/04/2020

"Love this software"

Comments: couldn't recommend it enough

Pros: easy to use
great app
amazing support
reliabillity

Cons: sometimes price, occasionally makes mistakes on OCR

• Reviewed on 2/04/2020
Steve S.
Managing Director
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Datamolino Accounts Payable Automation"

Pros: Integrates nicely with our Xero accounting software.
Splits our invoices by line item so it's easy to track by cost account and job.
Saves a lot of time so that as owners of our business we can really see our costs without a lot of time spent.
We are saving money by not hiring a person for this level of detail.
Great customer service, Datamolino helps us whenever we have a request.

Cons: None that I can think of at this time. The couple times we've had an issue or question, Datamolino has been able to response promptly and make adjustments as needed.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2020
Robbert S.
Financial Accountant
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"Amazingly time saving and user friendly software"

Comments: Saved hours in data entry, learns patterns in invoices from suppliers so save even more time on top of automatically reading invoice amounts, dates etc.

Pros: So easy to learn what to do. Integrates with our Xero software seamlessly. The technology behind the software is outstanding saving me hours a month in data entry. The multiple lines per invoice feature is a life saver

Cons: No complaints with Datamolino, much easier to use than other pieces of software I've used for this type of work

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Paul C.
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2018

"Datamolino is an excellent app"

Pros: Datamolino is an excellent app that just gets on with its job and works as it's supposed to. I like the fact that it's cloud based so can be accessed from anywhere. It can read most documents we scan to it, including some of the most illegible ones, and it also handles sales as well as purchases. On the odd occasion that something goes wrong, or we have a query, the friendly support staff are always quick to respond, and go above and beyond to help us out and resolve the problem. Definitely the best support team for any software that we use.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2018
Sue H.
Founder and Managing Director
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Datamolino is a great add-on which speeds up our Bookkeeping processes"

Pros: It's really easy to use and the customer support is fantasic! Our questions are always answered within minutes and once the initial 'fingerprint' of an invoices has been set up the processing of subsequent invoices are very efficient.

Cons: Being able to report from Datamolino would be useful eg. supplier reporting, though you can do this from your accounting software.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Daniel O.
Company Director
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2020

"Great software for automating manual financial data entry"

Pros: Datamolina reduced the time we spend manually entering data. Easily allowing us to upload invoices and take pictures of our receipts for expenses in real-time. The recognition software is speedy and populates fields accurately. Its integration with Xero creates a complete software solution and means we can save money paying our accountant for fewer hours!

Cons: Don't really have any. It does exactly what it's supposed to

• Reviewed on 3/04/2020
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2017

"Datamolino is the best!"

Pros: I have been using it for over a year now, staff love it and clients love it.
Easy to use, fast, reliable and accurate. A good pricing model means its cheap to use, and it can process sales invoices too. The support is probably the best I have come across with any Xero add-on. Quick response rates, and they are happy to pick up the phone to you too, and a really nice team as well. Couldn't recommend this strongly enough.

Cons: The hardest thing about recommending it to clients is that they often haven't heard of it, but have heard of their competitors so assume their competitors are better. However, the name is becoming more and more prominent, and with recent recognition from Xero, as one of just nine XeroHQ integrated apps, I believe their brand will continue to get stronger and stronger.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2017
Finance Manager
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/04/2020

"Easy to set up and use "

Comments: Good product, worked out more affordable than others and so easy to manage for multi client account.
Only reason I am closing my account is that it is not longer needed.

Pros: The support is excellent, on hand in moments whenever I have had questions
The system integrates well with Xero and is easy to negotiate around client folders and to export pdf reports too.

Cons: The only real edit I needed to do once the bill was in Xero was splitting into multiple line items which would be a nice addition.

• Reviewed on 7/04/2020
Business Support Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/05/2019

"Love this App"

Comments: The support team is super responsive and happy to answer any question no matter how obvious or complex, and they will see any issues right through to completion every time even checking back in later to see that everything is still in perfect working order down the line.

Pros: It's very easy to use, very adaptable and works great for my needs.

Cons: I had a glitch when it was pulling the wrong supplier name from an invoice but this was quickly resolved. To be honest, really hard to pick faults.

• Reviewed on 8/05/2019
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2018

"Effective, efficient and will save you time"

Pros: Customer support is second to none, they really go the extra mile
Fast and accurate invoice processing
Email address to send invoices to is a big time saver
Virtually immediate synchronisation with Xero

Cons: Receipts aren't handled so well and can be slow to process /can fail to process
Multi page documents don't always process so easily

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Excellent service with amazing customer service"

Pros: Datamolino offer a service which alleviates a great deal of data processing on my end and free's up a lot of time. The customer service team have helped me on a number of occasions and have gone way above my expectations.

Cons: Any negatives I have had in the past I have requested assistance from Datamolino on and they have been improved upon.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Zoe H.
Outsourcing Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2017

"Helps put efficiency into our daily workload"

Pros: It has helped with our internal processes, providing accuracy and efficiency at the book-keeping level. This allows us to work on more clients and focus on the higher level reporting and advisory service

Cons: I'd like to see some automation on splitting of costs across a split allocation - something i am currently in discussions on.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2017
Bookkeeper
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Very happy with the product"

Pros: Excellent customer service. Well done :)
They are very quick to answer chats, sort out problems
Highly recommended

Cons: NOTHING

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Tessa W.
Business Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"Excellent Support"

Pros: Very easy to import documents via a variety of methods and the customer support is excellent. The supplier automation set up is great as once done its even quicker to review and export documents into your account package

Cons: If the resolution of scanned documents is too low then incorrect data can be picked up which can be annoying when having to review and correct docs but then again, its up to you to scan a high res image!!!

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Margaret C.
  • Reviewed on 8/02/2018

"Datamolino is our preferred Purchase invoice processor - we love it!"

Pros: We love that duplicates are shown up so that we do not waste time on invoices sent twice by clients and that scanned paperwork that is not an invoice is also put to one side and identified.
We also love that the invoices already sent through to Xero are shown on the home page

Cons: We would like to be able to default our preferred method of calculating tax ie 'send exact tax amount'- we do not want Xero calculating tax

Marius A.
CTO
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Has saved us a lot of time!"

Pros: I forward all the invoices I receive to Datamolino and they just appear in Xero. No longer do we maintain a shared google drive folder to keep it in sync. Just send it to Datamolino and it's done.

Cons: Sometimes it detects currencies wrong. Sometimes when I scan receipts with my phone camera it fails to detect the invoice number... but those are just minor annoyances that can be quickly fixed through their site.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
David H.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/04/2020

"Makes life easy"

Comments: As an uploader of receipts, mostly, it could not be easier. When I occasionally need to go into the application to view or update a receipt, it's very easy to navigate.

Pros: Datamolino takes one inconvenient aspect of running a business and magics it away almost entirely. So easy to use. When I encountered a bug in image uploads early on, the support team and developers were on it straight away and released a new version of the app to fix it.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind. I'm always amazed how well it copes with the endless variety of receipt formats and print quality.

• Reviewed on 6/04/2020
Erin l S.
Business Support Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2017

"Great product & customer service"

Pros: Really great tool for streamlining and building efficiencies. Fantastic customer service and support.

Cons: Occasional snag when it doesn't pick up the information on an invoice correctly but easily rectified. Just need to know what to look out for.

• Reviewed on 6/12/2017
Partner
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"Does what it says on the tin..."

Pros: One of those rare pieces of software that does what it needs to quietly, efficiently and effectively needing very little maintenance or intervention. Our incoming bills get forwarded by email to Datamolino and shortly after they pop up in Xero ready to be approved and paid.

Cons: Nothing to complain about! It's always just worked! And when we've one or two small issues the support team have helped us out.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2020

"Datamolino in our business"

Comments: Great team, always on hand to help with any issues or questions, they are open to improving their product any way they can.

Pros: Ability to send supplier bills via email. The software is very easy to set up and use, and has matured considerably with great data recognition.

Cons: The team is working on improving the recognition of US vs EU / UK date formats, this is one of the only things we need to manually fix during processing.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2020
Principal
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2018

"Support staff - Always ready to help and always very knowledgable"

Pros: The support staff are amazing, their passion to resolve any issues and ensure that customer is happy is key.

Cons: It would be great to have a "cancel" option once the invoices are selected for uploading so that the invoices that don't need to be uploaded aren't.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2018