VivifyScrum Reviews

by VivifyScrum

• Overall
    4.4/5
    4.4/5
    4.3/5

About VivifyScrum

Agile Project Management Software. Scrum and Kanban compatible solution. Intuitive and efficient. Handle all your projects in one place

Learn more about VivifyScrum

Ulla baasch A.
sw developer
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"Guys - you can get this for free!"

Comments: I am using this to plan our future, near and far, overview of daily tasks as well as tasks in the pipeline.

Pros: I was looking for a replacement for all of our yellow stickers on our scrum board, in a way that all team members could see. I like the visual of the board, quick overview, no wrong turns when opening boards. It is intuitive - and it is working.

Cons: Hm ha ha I had to pay to export my tasks - but of course - nothing is free.

Dario B.
Owner - Project Manager
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"Vivifying Scrum, for real!"

Comments: Imagine to be a person working in Project Management by years, working on European Projecting (projects that force some organizations in EU countries to work all together), and you need to manage a team composed by a large number of partners, that have to do something, regularly, and to know quite well how is the progress level. And imagine you're not an Agile professionist, and you have to decide a tool for tracing the activities of all your partners.
Now, consider you find a tool, called "VivifyScrum", you heard and read something about Scrum, so you try to subscribe the service for testing and in half a day you've fixed your theoric competences in Scrum and started to learn something more.
Now imagine, you're not an agile professional, but VivifyScrum allow you to join a free and well explained course that allows you to understand the logics behind the framework. In days you know the method, in some day more you understand how to plan your jobs and how to explain the method to your workgroup. In one week you're able to use a tool easy, that "Vivify Scrum" for real!
What can you desire more for obtaining the result you plan?

Pros: I appreciate absolutely the ADHERENCE to the system proposed in the Agile Manifesto. As you read it, you apply, and this allows to remove a lot of more complex tools that weigh too much the method once applied

Cons: Not found, actually I think that even the price is absolutely adequate for the service proposed

Schmitt A.
Product-Owner
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"A simple tool for scrum with good ROI"

Comments: I have leaved the software because my team prefer gitlab but I miss all the organisation features.

Pros: The thing I love about Vivify is the way that you can manage your features by labels, organize your product backlog. Actually many software do that, but what others software don’t do is to provide way to use the label, like for suming the point, filtering. I use Gitlab CE, Github, I have worked on Jira and for the moment this is Vivify who help me to organize my backlog the better.

Cons: The lack of advanced features. Like if I want to story map, to see the features in a mindmap, to have a larger view of my backlog who sum up my features. Also the relation with gitlab is not good. I want a total mirroring of gitlab issues.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Hugo B.
DIRETOR IT
Maritime, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"COVID-19 - Moving from PHYSICAL to DIGITAL KANBAN BOARDS"

Comments: When we moved to remote work because of covid-19 crisis, VIVIFY SCRUM did the job when moving from our physical daily kanban boards to digital for my Information Proccess Team.
The ease of use and ubiquity helped our team member to quickly adapt to remote work.
We now expect to maintain the use of this tool in the future when we´re able to came back to normal operation mode in our offices.

Pros: The features that made us choose VIVIFY SCRUM were essentially the ease of use, the ability to use it online or as an windows application, and the functions provided that enable us to quickly find what to do, what is due to be done, time tracker and specially the ease to point and follow when running our daily meeting.

Cons: We dind't have time yet to explore all the features of VIVIFY SCRUM. But it would be nice to also be able to have gantt planning for different types of projects.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Ana S.
Product Manager
Financial Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/09/2019

"Great tool with small fixs needed"

Comments: We use Vivify to help our Scrum & Kaban projects get done in the right way.
We tried 2 different tools before and none were as complete as Vivify is.

Pros: It's easy to create "tasks", when we have a complex project link "cards" is an essential feature.
Labels and "card types" work really well.

Cons: Search field doesn't work well, is super hard to find past cards using it.
Sometimes more the one link per card is needed and we do not have this option.
The app is not as good or as fast as the web platform.

Chris K.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"Loads of useful functionality but still easy to use"

Comments: We initially used VivifyScrum to manage the internal design and development of our brand new corporate website. We now use it for the ongoing updates to the website and also for the development of an internal browser based finance system. In the future we plan to look at using VivifyScrum for other projects as well.

Pros: It's web-based, clear and easy to use, is well thought-out and has a lot of functionality without being overly complicated to use.

Cons: It's not so easy to browse through items which have already been previously completed.

Chris V.
technical founder

"Secret gem"

Comments: We have found Vivify to be much faster than many other scum/kanban products, and also far more cost-effective​.

Pros: Simple, USABLE, fast. It doesn't​ have the bloat features of most other products of this type. Also,​ the team behind Vivify Scrum are responsive, personable and helpful, they listen to their customers and are always improving the product. Decent integrations with other platforms too.

Cons: Not as fully-featured as some other, mature products. Not the best for generating reports

Tim C.
Director R&D
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2019

"Quick, Simple, and Powerful"

Comments: We use Vivify to manage our Scrum process. It has done that job exceptionally well for us.

Pros: The product is very easy to set up and use, especially comparing it to the "big" providers out there. It does boards very well. Reporting is useful and adequate.

Cons: It takes a bit to get used to the pop-ups; they close if you click outside of them. That's annoying, but it does not degrade the functionality of the system.

• Reviewed on 19/08/2019
Jack E.
marketing assistant
Information Services, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Flexible and Efficient"

Comments: Gave me enhanced fluidity to manage members and tasks.

Pros: Ease of use, without experience. Clarity throughout. Organisational benefits.

Cons: I would like to edit the boards layout and design a bit more, like having different themes, e.g. dark theme.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Jonás P.
Ingeniero de proyecto
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"VivifyScrum is great for team work"

Comments: VivifyScrum is ideal for small teams and makes it nice to follow the scrum methodology.

Pros: VivifyScrum allows you to organize your team efficiently, finish the work and estimate time.
The kanban board is simple and easy to use.
You can record the time spent in a task and estimate time to be spent.
You can view the team overall performance through charts.

Cons: Has some minor UI incompatibilities with Firefox Browser.
Sometimes the app gets out of sync and a browser refresh is required.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Product Manager
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"Great Value to get started right away"

Comments: Visually very simply organized, so no need to fuss over cool animations, for those of you who are over-thinkers. It has great over all UX design, things are put into comfortable places. I did have a little trouble at first deleting the boards, and it would be cool to see a kanban within a kanban if that's even a thing.

Pros: I love how the free version is easy to get started with. You get to get everyone on board easily and you are able to see what everyone is doing right away. I think the biggest getaway is how much value they give you for free, it is really to go-to software for teams that are just starting out and need a management system in place to get things done. Our team needs to upload a lot of files all the time, so the freemium starter kit version where you get to upload 20mb max was very helpful, you can hardly find any other software that provide the same kind of upload size, most are 10mb for the free version. The only other software I've found so far is MeisterTask

Cons: I didn't like how there wasn't a calendar system in the software, it would be handy to have a overview of a Google Calendar calendar system where I can see where everything is moving, since I am more of a visual person. Even though their is the project function for organizing, but I prefer the good ol' folder systems where you can organize and group your things in folder formats. Although we are just starting out, there are all kinds of files, different versions of files for us to store, if there was a file storage option where we can have all the files in one place that would be great. The other downside is that if you are in China, their servers don't work and so you would have to connect to a VPN while using this wonderful software.

Miguel G.
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2018

"A product that caters to true Scrum."

Comments: In trying to find solutions for my clients who rely on Scrum, I discovered VivifyScrum and decided to take it for a test-drive. I am truly impressed with its true Scrum approach without trying too hard to be something else. It is functional and truly effective and has all that one needs to keep a Scrum team on track. It handles all aspects of development, including bugs and testing, something some simpler applications cannot accommodate.

Pros: VivifyScrum is built with Scrum at its foundation. It allows you to select from a Kanban or Scrum view as well. It's default settings reflects its Scrum roots with columns for Backlog, To Do, In Progress and Done. Need to customize it a bit? You can add more columns as needed. It employs estimations for stories and provides a host of functions for each card: commenting, file attachments, priorities, sub-items (tasks), lists, events, tags and more. Everything to keep a project running on Scrum efficiently. VivifyScrum also provides all the Scrum artifacts including burndown charts and velocity. Need to control how the teams have access? this is also managed, with various accessibility levels that reflect true Scrum ownership in projects. Planning poker is even included. VivifyScrum has just the right balance of customization features without overdoing it. Everything you need to run Scrum is there. Or, at least, the majority.

Cons: I would have loved to have seen a feature that takes retrospectives into account. This often overlooked ceremony in Scrum is essential to improving team performance, and I have only seen it in only a couple of other project management applications. But not VivifyScrum. Features that are not included in your subscription level are still visible, making you believe they are active until you click on them and see a pop-up asking you to upgrade. Would be nice if they are disabled or have an indicator that they are not part of a trial version for new users.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Guillermo S.
CTO
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"The only SCRUM tool to use"

Pros: The top of this App is that it does the work for SCRUM & Kanban maybe just like others, but it also does it in a fancy, easy and intuitive way!

Cons: The Android App really doesn't work and it's hard to do it on responsive

Femke K.
Animator, Filmmaker
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/09/2019

"VivifyScrum makes our days easier"

Comments: It is perfect for the size of our team. We really rely on the software. When it's down, we don't know what to do. Everyday, we can say "check Vivify" so everyone knows what to do and if they have enough time for their tasks. Our company stepped up its level because of Vivify. We now can do more projects and earn more money. We don't lose time asking ourselves what to do.

Pros: Overall it's easy to use. I like how you can drag your tasks to done, and see the list grow. It's satisfying and great for our team. I love that you can add comments, links and documents to your tasks.

Cons: I can't save the changes I make in a board for the next one. So, every new board i open, i must re-design it as my team and i like to use it.

Morgan L.
Technical Director
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Excellent project management and scrum software"

Pros: We have been using Vivify for over a year now to manage internal projects. The features allow us to track all of our time worked, and also let us prioritize our work and see exactly what needs doing and when. It provides a clear view of the work.

Cons: We ran into one issue where we moved items across boards and they disappeared. However, we spoke to support and they resolved within a day.

Nienke V.
Graphic Designer

"Vivifyscrum user"

Comments: Its great to bring a little more structure to our planning! Its super easy to add tasks, move them to different days of the week and its very malleable to your own liking. I truely recommend this to any other creative business.

Pros: We've got a very clear overview of all the tasks we've to finish. We work with several people and it's easy to see who's working on which project and what we have to do each day. It works perfectly and I'm glad to see a more structured environment at the office.

Cons: Sometimes there's some problems with the website, mostly at the start of our workday (when we need it the most) which is unfortunate. Often its just a short moment and doesn't last for hours, but its a little annoying on busy weeks.

Sam P.
Scrum master
Insurance, 51-200 Employees

"Great work"

Comments: We like it and keep using it

Pros: Easy of use, the web site is nice to look at

Cons: Not a good way to connect epic cards to there child cars

Priya N.
QA

"Great product"

Comments: Great Product, easy to use for Agile Project management

Pros: Easy to use, has many different features

Cons: Formatting needs to be improved to make it easy to use

Sophie M.
Software Solution Specialist / Webmaster
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"A user friendly way at keeping track of my work hours and tasks"

Comments: As a consultant, VivifyScrum is essential for me to keep track of my work hours and tasks. Thanks to the different options like labels, parenting, category, etc. I can have a clear view of my work schedule in a single glance.

Pros: It's a clean and easy manageable UI. I can also easily archive and consult already finished tasks/items when needed + let the system automatically calculate the logged time for a certain period.

Cons: It would be handy to get a total hour count for a single task/item. Now, you only get the overall hours spent in a specified period, not per task/item. A more advanced time logging feature would be nice.

Maitreyi S.
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"Excellent agile tool in market.."

Comments: Maintaining Product's backlog was an over head earlier, and managing the human resource velocity for each Project was real problem earlier, Now it seems so easy.

Pros: Vivifyscrum is an excellent user friendly and very intuitive agile project management tool.
Featuers which I liked most in this software is the User Interface layout which is very easy for any new bie to get started in no time.
My team uses drag and drop feature to move the items from BackLog to sprint Backlog and mark them "In Progress" to "Done" so quickly.
Planning sprint looks so easy using this software.
The over head of updating the worklog reporting time is almost zero because of user friendly interface which makes my team happily use this software, compared to other tools which were an over head.
Graphical representation of team's utilisation provides a complete productivity in pictorial format which is great feature to look at the end of sprint.

Cons: I think, Project's role in vivifyscrum is not clearly utilised.

Sajjad S.
COO & Scrum Master
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2019

"Agile Platform for Agile Projects"

Pros: - Ease of use (Great user experience for both developers and project managers)
- Nice shortcuts (While adding a task to the backlog, you can assign it, label it, assign the type using # shortcuts)
- Dynamic settings (You can add different time estimation units per board)
- Integrated time tracker
- Nice burndown charts
- Nice reports (Worklogs + Sprint report)
- Great mobile application
- Task Relationships
- Easy filtering

Cons: - No firefox time tracker extension
- NOTHING ELSE

• Reviewed on 11/05/2019
Miguel G.
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"Complete Project Management Solution For Small Businesses"

Comments: Vivify Scrum is truly useful for small businesses when taking advantage of the operational and financial aspects of the businesses. With invoicing integrated, its use in larger organizations might not be inline with the common separation of operations and finance that is typically found in the enterprise environment. But this is great for the smaller businesses. This integration is also effective in minimizing the number of applications in use. Simply track projects, time and invoice from one single solution.

Pros: Vivify Scrum offers Agile project management for small businesses at an affordable rate. It combines the project management functionality that fits any business, especially small businesses, with financial and reporting tools that are often a separate entity of software management tools. The integration offered by Vivify Scrum, with the affordability aspect, makes this a great solution for small businesses. Vivify Scrum provides flexibility in how you wish to run your Agile process: Scrum or Kanban. The product tracks time and progress, allowing businesses to invoice their clients effortlessly. And as part of the project tracking and invoicing, you have time management capabilities included. Vivify Scrum offers a 14 day free trial. YOu can use its project management features for free, or upgrade to the use the time management, time tacking and invoice features.

Cons: There really are no cons that I can see regarding Vivify Scrum. The offering is quite generous and even the pay plan is truly affordable for any business size.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Neal D.
Technology Teaching Associate
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Great progression board for any project"

Pros: I used this mainly for my software development projects. Really easy to use and very innovative. There is this cool graph where it shows how your work is going and how it is supposed to go. It is a time track tool to make sure you are completing tasks and finishing them on time. The graph tool is my favorite tool.

Cons: It took some time learning how to use and become a scrum master. I had to read a lot prior to using this software to really familiarize myself with the whole concept. But once you have it down it is a beautiful tool to have.

by VivifyScrum on 16/10/2018

Thank you, Neal! We're glad to hear you like VivifyScrum.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Bianka L.
project manager

"Great collaboration tool"

Comments: Vivify Scrum wasn't my first choice, but my colleague strongly suggested to use it. When I adopted i started to really like it and use it in my other projects. It is intuitive, visual, and easy to use. It gives you all the information about the project, team, tasks... Time tracker is also a great addition. And since we charge hourly, it is pretty cool that you can create an invoice based on your time recorded from time tracker. The premium plan is very affordable considering all the features.

Pros: It is well organized, and gives you a nice and clear view on your tasks and your team members activity. There are some cool features.

Cons: I thought that it is free (and there is a free version) but some features I really liked during the trial are only available in the premium version.

John K.
Developer
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2017

"Great value for a small scrum team"

Comments: My small team of 6 switched to VivifyScrum from Trello. There are several similarities however, the additional features are really great for our team. Burndown charts and stats as well as making it simple to track our velocity. The filters are great. I'm hopeful for the mobile app. Everything we need and nothing we don't.

Pros: Filters; the ability to easily track size, priority task type as well as labels; simplicity.

Cons: It feels a little slower to make child tasks (than Trello) but the values are cumulative on the parent so that's nice. Still needs a mobile app.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2017