Soda PDF Reviews

by LULU Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About Soda PDF

Soda PDF Anywhere is the first full-featured PDF solution available both as a desktop and a web-based app.

Learn more about Soda PDF

Andres R.
Andres R.
Senior Operations Analyst
International Trade & Development, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Amazing set of PDF tools that includes OCR"

Comments: After scanning all the physical documentation that I had in my office, I managed to transfer it to digital format through the OCR tool that has Soda PDF, which allowed me to have a better management of my documents, since previously I had to review a large amount of files in search of some document. Also, I can edit PDF files according to what I need and sign them digitally.

Pros: I like the fact that you have an OCR tool to recognize the text in the images, so you can then edit that text in PDF. You can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, RTF and other formats. Another advantage of using Soda is that I receive email updates about its new features, which include instructions for use and video tutorials. Also, I can create a custom toolbar, where I include the tools I use most.

Cons: At times, when trying to print files in batches, the software stops responding and I have to open the documents again.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Deborah B.
Deborah B.
Virtual Assistant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2021

"Quality features - Fair Pricing - Watch for VERSION selection while using the software"

Comments: When creating documents for publication there are processors first, then the PDF export (which needs to be changed depending on the Printer's specification). Then, after the proof is seen and edited, there are changes to make. I am grateful we have this software to easily delete pages that need to be updated, and then merge in the page that is corrected. The time saving, and reducing the possibility of additional issues (no need to export the whole document again). My only suggestion is a clearer path to customer data, integration for updates to plans, and clearer communication when software updates or renewals are due.

Pros: It was difficult to find software that has merging and conversion features. When I first tried Soda PDF I had a limited edition free forever plan. Highly helpful to find out if it was going to work for what I needed. Once I learned how easy it was, I purchased the standard software plan. Merging, Converting, Deleting pages (that have been updated and new ones added). I've created two books and two decks of cards for publishing for clients using this tool ''after'' the documents were ready to export to PDF.

Cons: An improvement I would like to see is the update between plans. For example, I purchased the standard plan after using the free forever plan. When I updated I ended up with both versions (and need to keep both), but, sometimes I'm in the middle of working on something and I get an error saying "Your plan does not include this feature, Update now ..." and the automation tries to sell me a plan I already own (but have not remembered a couple of times thought my plan had expired). It would be helpful if the VERSION of the plan is integrated for each customer using the software. CON: There does not seem to be a customer dashboard where I could see what products I have purchased and when they are due to renew. The problem with this is now I'm back on the free forever version, my standard service expired, but I didn't realize it until I was in the midst of working on a document.

by LULU Software on 18/08/2021

Hello Deborah,
Thank you for sharing that you like how our program performs and find it cost-effective. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our upgrade system, we have forwarded it to the corresponding department.
You can check your license details by clicking on your name in the right upper corner. Then choose Manage Products.
If you need any assistance with your license, please contact our support at [email protected] and we will surely help you.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2021
John G.
Principal Engineer
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Poor support and confusing re-purchase procedure."

Comments: Great program but suddenly stops. The customer support and activation process is pathetic. Will probably look for another pdf program as my time is too valuable to waste on a product which is too clumsy to be involved with.

Pros: All round a very good program and easy to use.

Cons: Previous copy suddenly stopped working 5 months after installation. Assumed perhaps expiry date may have been reached so bought a new copy. Activation code not sent for newly purchased copy. Support response just heaps of pro-forma pre written garbage messages from auto responder.

by LULU Software on 27/05/2020

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. I can see that your problem has been resolved in the meantime, but rest assured, that this review will help us to improve our customer service. This is very important to us.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Peter O.
CIO
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2020

"Mixed Feelings"

Comments: mixed

Pros: Work well when its not kicking you out the the free version

Cons: Product disconnects regularly and requires you to re log in . This is EXTREMELY annoying and interrupts your working day.

by LULU Software on 16/09/2020

Thanks for your Review of Soda PDF. I will make sure your comments will be forwarded to our Development Team. This will help us to improve our software. Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2020
Dee L.
Asst to President
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Messed up"

Pros: All the previous versions were awesome. Great features

Cons: Version 12 is horrible, total redone not working friendly. After scanning a page and attaching it to an email, i open to review and i get an error message that reads "The system cannot find the file specified" I never had that issue before. I've tried contacting service and i never heard back from anyone

by LULU Software on 26/12/2020

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not get any assistance on your issue. We would be grateful if you can give us a second chance and contact us via [email protected] Please let us know what mail do you use when you get that error message and also if that possible please send us a screenshot of the error message

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Ken E.
Database Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2017

"FREE functionality is very good!"

Comments: It gave me the capability to transmit PDF files that are password protected.
Also, it provided a PDF print device.

Pros: I needed software to allow me to protect PDF files to prevent opening by an unintended party. I was able to add just the security module .
It is also a plus that it includes a PDF print device, especially since I am still using Windows 7.

Cons: Actually there are a few things.
1) It does not remember the directory used for new output files.
2) Highlighting is not included with the FREE functionality. It is with Acrobat Reader.
3) The first time output is directed to the PDF printer, the software is very slow to load.

• Reviewed on 7/06/2017
Verónica M.
Verónica M.
Attorney
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"It offers many features"

Comments: It is a very important software for my work, since I can correct the mistakes I have made and manipulate all the PDF documents as I wish. I really like the large number of functionalities offered with this software, SODA PDF replaces many other small softwares that offer only one or two of its functionalities.

Pros: It offers an executable software and a very good web interface to handle PDF files. It is a very reliable solution that also allows you to convert to a wide range of file types, edit the content of PDF documents, add digital signatures, add security to documents and even recognize text thanks to its integrated OCR functionality.

Cons: I have no negative points to highlight from this software. I believe that the editing of the text in PDF could be improved, since the edition of the font is not always compatible, so the changes made in the document are noted.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Chris H.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"You don't get what you pay for"

Comments: What part of TERRIBLE should I explain.

Pros: I have yet to find anything about this product to like.

Cons: Everything. Incredibly slow on all levels. The slowest piece of software we've ever used. Just took us 25 minutes to uninstall. Crashes the most of any software we run. Had to uninstall and reinstall 6 times before it functioned properly. The worst part has been the customer service. I took an average of three days for them to respond to every support ticket we submitted. All we ever received was an incredibly bad attitude and the statement "go re-read the instruction manual".
The last incident was never resolved even after going back and forth for over two weeks. I asked for a refund and was told "we don't give refunds of any kind for any reason after the 30 use period. Decided to go back to Adobe and have had a great and seamless experience thus far. Yes, we're paying more, but we're far more productive. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

by LULU Software on 25/11/2019

We are very sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience with our software and our customer service. Rest assured, we are taking such feedback very seriously and are investigating the case.
We already wrote back to you, apologized and offered you compensation for your inconvenience.
We hope you can accept our apologies.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Jan V.
Finance
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Paid but it only worked for a month"

Comments: Stay away from this company.

Pros: Not a lot. Its was very slow and did not have a lot of funcionality

Cons: 1 month down the line and its not working. Paid nearly $90. It very slow software. Struggled to use it. Not user friendly. Logged a complaint because its not working and nobody even got back to me.

by LULU Software on 25/11/2019

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our services. I found your request for support (case number 1147377) which we answered the next day. Plese also check your spam if you did not receive our answer. We will be happy to help you after receipt of your answer. Please reply to our email, provide us with your order ID and we will be able to help you very quickly.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Joe W.
Administration Officer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016

"Great PDF manipulation"

Comments: How frustrating is it when you need to edit a line of txt in a pdf and have to revert back to the original word document etc. Well Soda PDF is great for these tasks. Merging pdf single pages into a single document. This software is now one of my most used on a daily basis, I find it opens pages quicker than any other pdf reader and having the ability to edit make sit as near to perfect as can be for me.

Pros: Editing of PDFs

Cons: Sometimes crashes my email

• Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Chris Watson
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Complete PDF solution"

Comments: Excellent. Happily recommend this software to anyone.

Pros: Such a great piece of software. In addition to all the common features of a conventional pdf reader and converter, what I love about Soda PDF, is that it will allow you to edit virtually any pdf document and capture wording from all sorts of documents (even ones which were originally scanned). Really helpful.

Cons: Nothing, I've not yet found a time when it didn't solve the problem at hand. Sometimes I do get a little frustrated by all the pop-ups about the latest version is ready to install (happens a lot!)

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2020

"Great software/very user friendly."

Comments: Great product!

Pros: I like that it is easy to convert documents to PDF, Excel or an image and to password protect your documents.

Cons: It is sometimes slow to open.

• Reviewed on 7/05/2020
Ganesh kumar S.
Sgk
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2020

"I purchased 360. But they charged another product. Unknowingly I"

Comments: Not happy

Pros: Product is good I am happy to use. But they charge. Another app whiteout knowing you you

Cons: They show one after taking bank details they charge for 2 more apps refund. Is impossible. Because. You can’t find any option No mails replay no call replay

by LULU Software on 27/10/2020

Hi Ganesh,
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We definitely have a support team available that can help clear up this billing situation.

You can reach out to them over here:

• Reviewed on 10/10/2020
Cesar a S.
Cesar a S.
Analista
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Many things to do in your pdf with SODA"

Pros: The amount of functiong that SODA pdf offer for you to edit your files is huge, you can divide, merge, compressed, unlock, protect, sing, export, convert from so many formats and so on, it is very useful, and the process of edition it is very quick and the results is what you are looking for.

Cons: Unfortunately the premium version for me is too expensive, I every time that I have to use the software I have to be connected to the internet.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Tony G.
Data Analytics Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Reliable online PDF software for Business Users"

Pros: The best reason why you use Soda PDF is for the online options. It doesn't matter where you are or what computer you are on. No matter what, you are able to securely add, edit, and create the PDFs that you need. Great for business users on the go.

Cons: The licensing options are not geared toward personal use. It seems marketed and priced for the business users. Support is pretty good, but not the best. You can't seem to get a hold of them except thru some restricted business hours.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2018
Levy T.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"One of the worst experience ever with a paying piece of software"

Comments: This software is completely unusable. It does not let me modify my PDF document. It either generates a faulty edit (not the right font, garbled lay out) or it simply crashes unexpectedly.
I am a paying customer. I started using the online version that did not work at all, so I decided to install a windows version on my PC, which completely defeats the purpose of this purchase because I wanted an online tool. Even the PC version is completely unusable. It crashed repeatedly, making it even worse than the online version.

Pros: ease of use if it worked, not too expensive at $40/year

Cons: This product is the most buggy piece of software I have used in many years.

by LULU Software on 10/02/2020

I am very sorry that you are having problems with Soda PDF. However, I can see that our support agents already helped you and provided you with a refund.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2020
Jean f V.
Professor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2019

"Your softrware is the worse ever. It is more than a scam."

Comments: Not good.

Pros: There is nothing to like about your software. Your customer service agents are rude.

Cons: You are in the business to steal people's money and niot to deliver and keep any of your promises.

by LULU Software on 4/11/2019

I am terribly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our product. Rest assured, I have found your account and I have also reviewed your interactions with our customer support agents. I will contact you directly, via the email you have provided, and help to resolve your issues in a timely and courteous manner.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2019
Dhruv G.
Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"A very good pdf application"

Pros: well laid out menu items and easy to use modern interface
good pdf converter
Many good tools like stamp tool

Cons: epub incompatibility
Can't think of any other shortcoming at this time as it is a very good alternative for popular pdd programs like adobe pdf

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Rocchina L.
SC
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2021

"Worst Program I have ever used"

Comments: ZERO out of 100

Pros: this program continually crashes when editing PDFs. As an E sign program I have lost days and blown out deadlines EVERY time I use this program. It is always trying to get more money with sneaky adds, despite paying for a Pro subscription. it is by far the most horrendous program I have ever used. stay clear of this program! after spending an hour setting signature fields on a document the program kicked me out saying I have to pay more to send the documents - even though I'm already a pro user. Steer clear!

Cons: there are no pros to this program - 100% the worst program I have ever used

by LULU Software on 30/01/2021

Hello Rocchina, Thank you for your feedback. Pro license includes E-Sign. If you are forwarded to the checkout page when you use this feature make sure you are signed in: https://support.sodapdf.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022497971-How-to-Activate-Soda-PDF

• Reviewed on 23/01/2021
Mark F.
  • Reviewed on 7/02/2017

"Great and Easy-to-Use PDF Software"

Comments: This product has all the PDF features you could possibly want and it's very reasonably priced. Aside from the desktop app, you can also log in and use it online. It has great security features (which is a must for me) and it also has an e-signature feature you can buy that lets you prep and send docs to be signed from the app. Would definitely recommend!

• Reviewed on 7/02/2017
Valerie F.
Legal Counsel
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Turned all of my PDF documents to Soda Documents -- I cannot get the PDFs back"

Pros: I hate it. I do not like ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

Cons: It is controlling all of my pdfs. Even the attachments in emails turn into soda documents. I make a mistake downloading the trial AND I CANNOT GET OUT!!!!!!!!

by LULU Software on 20/06/2019

We are sorry about your experience, however, we can help you solving all the problems you have, just contact our customer service at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Taylor C.
Landman
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2021

"Terrible Business"

Comments: Awful. Will not recommend to anyone. And highly suggest to steer clear.

Pros: There wasn't anything impressive about the software or company.

Cons: It's mediocre at best. Stick with Adobe.

by LULU Software on 23/01/2021

Hello Taylor,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry you feel this way about our software. I would be very grateful if you could let us know what exactly you did not like about Soda PDF.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2021
Diane R.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"Doesn't work as promised and customer support sucks"

Comments: SodaPDF worked fine when I first installed it, but after one of the updates, I was no longer able to scan documents or connect to the internet to update the software. I sent support an email - that's the only way to contact them. It took 2-3 days to get an email response requesting more details. I answered their questions, and again, it took 2-3 days to get a response back. At that point, support indicated that my problems were associated with the most recent update. It's been a month since the problems started and all SodaPDF wants to do at this point is close my case. I asked for a refund of my money, but was informed that I was past the company's 30-day money-back policy. I purchased the software on March 7th and the problems started before the 30-day period ended. At this point, I either keep wasting my time and energies trying to get this situation resolved or accept that I'm stuck with a product that does not work as promised.

Pros: When it worked correctly, I liked the scanning and password protection features the most.

Cons: SodaPDF automatically sets up SodaPDF as the default PDF reader. That would be ok except that SodaPDF takes longer to load and is inferior to Adobe's reader.

by LULU Software on 23/04/2021

Hello Diane,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure your feedback is forwarded to the corresponding department. As our support agent mentioned the scanner issue has been flagged to the team in charge and is currently being investigated. Till the issue with Soda PDF 12 is resolved you can use the 11th version to to create files from your scanner.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Ahmed S.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"The best app to edit pdf."

Pros: I like the easy control to edit and type in the app.

Cons: I like least the free trial is very short.

by LULU Software on 24/08/2021

Hello Ahmed,
Thank you for sharing that you find our program easy to use. We also appreciate your feedback on our trial. We have forwarded it to the developers.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Quantty Surveyor
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Cancellation an Issue"

Comments: Usage wise it was effective from a basic point of view. Customer support extremely poor.

Pros: Reasonably easy to use and inexpensive within limits

Cons: Decided not to renew but Soda won't let me remove my credit card details

by LULU Software on 24/02/2020

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you found Soda PDF to be easy to handle and to be inexpensive. We are, however, very sorry about your bad experience with our customer support. We would ask to give us a second chance to fix your problem quickly. We ask you to contact our customer support again and we will certainly solve your problem for you.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020