Soda PDF Reviews

• Overall
    3.5 /5
    3.4 /5
    2.7 /5

About Soda PDF

Soda PDF Anywhere is the first full-featured PDF solution available both as a desktop and a web-based app.

Learn more about Soda PDF

Carole C.
Records/Office Manager
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Finding this product totally saved the day!"

Comments: I like it (almost) as much as the expensive program I use on my work computer. In fact, I may suggest it to other coworkers for their home computers especially while we are working at home during COVID.

Pros: What a gem of a find. I was getting ready for a two-day hearing using a popular video platform and had a bunch of PDFs I needed to screen share. The PDF reader on my laptop, which I was using for the video hearing, was not showing up in the screen sharing option. My boss just said, fix it! I searched through Google and found this. I first went with the free version but after bookmarking multiple pages in preparation, I discovered it would not save them. I purchased it at that point with no regrets. It is very nice software, especially for the money, and suited my needs for this perfectly.

Cons: It would have been nice to know that I couldn't save the PDF with changes I made with the free version, but very understandable. For the price, it was no problem purchasing it, and as I said before, it totally saved me!

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Finance Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"SODA PDF is sell designed and easy to use. One of the best PDF programs available incthe market."

Comments: Creating And editing pdfs is easy with this program. If you are looking for an alternative to adobe reader this is a perfect candidate.

Pros: Soda PDF os a jack of all trades. Its contains all the tools you need in reading, creating and editing PDFs. It is well integrated into programs we use daily like the microsoft office 365. Creating a pdf is as easy as printing your document as pdf.

Cons: The initial 30 day trial would not be enough for your needs. Purchase is necessary but there is nothing that you would not like about this program.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Frédéric G.
Sales Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2019

"Extremely easy to use"

Pros: Very useful product which allows me to merge and edit many of my PDF files

Cons: the limitations set which allows me to download only a certain number of PDF files which i have created

• Reviewed on 13/03/2019
Ana karina G.
Dirección Técnica de Proyectos
  • Reviewed on 4/05/2018

"The best for your pdf files"

Pros: Across the years SODA Pdf has keeping the higher level of software uses to read and manage pdf files, because they are pioneers and they always improve, the current version is awesome, because it comes with many tools for edit, modify and send your pdf files.

Cons: I do not have any complain about SODA Pdf it always has been wonderful for me, in the past it has some difficult with large images but now it runs smooth no matter the size of the flles.

• Reviewed on 4/05/2018
Jan F.
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/02/2020

"Keep Charging You Without Notification and Refuse Refund"

Comments: Bad. the fact that I feel tricked into their subscription with no refund means I would never use or recommend again.

Pros: It worked, but at a HUGE PRICE. Ridiculous subscription without notification by email of your monthly charge!!

Cons: Kept charging monthly fee to my card without notice. Only noticed after looking closely at my card statement. Refused to refund for several months even though I only used the product once 8 months ago. Bad support.

by LULU Software on 10/02/2020

I am sorry about your bad experience. However, we offer monthly and yearly plans but we always show this on the confirmation email.

• Reviewed on 1/02/2020
Paloma L.
hard to cancel, terrible customer service
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/05/2020

"The software is fine, the customer service is terrible"

Pros: It does basic jobs of creating pdf. I don't know about the other function.

Cons: After several days, i find cheap alternative, I want to cancel.. they said they will call me, but never heard from them.

by LULU Software on 27/05/2020

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our customer service. The response was a little slow, however, in the meantime you have been refunded in full. We apologize for the delay and will take actions to improve our customer service. Thanks for having taken the time to post this review. We take it very seriously.

• Reviewed on 9/05/2020
Marianne B.
Dir Finance and HR
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/02/2020

"Free Trail worked better than download"

Comments: Not going to use. It was named something else when I searched for this type of software but then took me to this company name. Not sure whom I was dealing with and sharing my files to.

Pros: My test seemed to work great, but I wanted to do more so downloaded their app and software. That is where things when wrong.

Cons: Downloading app and software seemed to conflict and launch more sub products on the PC than I wanted. I just wanted to use the software for a short bit on a special project. Immediately deleted the product.

by LULU Software on 10/02/2020

I am sorry about your experience. If you want to start another test, please contact our customer service, our agents will be more than happy to assist you.

• Reviewed on 6/02/2020
Jean K.
Contract Designer
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2018

"Awesome pdf software. Has everything you need."

Pros: Pioneers in what they do. Only found out about it recently and it has been great. Awesome to have a mobile version.

Cons: The cost is a little on the higher end and the load time can be a drag. Really gets annoying when the program crashes because the file may be too big.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2018
Andres R.
Senior Operations Analyst
International Trade & Development, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Amazing set of PDF tools that includes OCR"

Comments: After scanning all the physical documentation that I had in my office, I managed to transfer it to digital format through the OCR tool that has Soda PDF, which allowed me to have a better management of my documents, since previously I had to review a large amount of files in search of some document. Also, I can edit PDF files according to what I need and sign them digitally.

Pros: I like the fact that you have an OCR tool to recognize the text in the images, so you can then edit that text in PDF. You can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, RTF and other formats. Another advantage of using Soda is that I receive email updates about its new features, which include instructions for use and video tutorials. Also, I can create a custom toolbar, where I include the tools I use most.

Cons: At times, when trying to print files in batches, the software stops responding and I have to open the documents again.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Dee L.
Asst to President
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Messed up"

Pros: All the previous versions were awesome. Great features

Cons: Version 12 is horrible, total redone not working friendly. After scanning a page and attaching it to an email, i open to review and i get an error message that reads "The system cannot find the file specified" I never had that issue before. I've tried contacting service and i never heard back from anyone

by LULU Software on 26/12/2020

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not get any assistance on your issue. We would be grateful if you can give us a second chance and contact us via [email protected] Please let us know what mail do you use when you get that error message and also if that possible please send us a screenshot of the error message

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Ganesh kumar S.
Sgk
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2020

"I purchased 360. But they charged another product. Unknowingly I"

Comments: Not happy

Pros: Product is good I am happy to use. But they charge. Another app whiteout knowing you you

Cons: They show one after taking bank details they charge for 2 more apps refund. Is impossible. Because. You can’t find any option No mails replay no call replay

by LULU Software on 27/10/2020

Hi Ganesh,
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. We definitely have a support team available that can help clear up this billing situation.

You can reach out to them over here:

• Reviewed on 10/10/2020
John G.
Principal Engineer
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Poor support and confusing re-purchase procedure."

Comments: Great program but suddenly stops. The customer support and activation process is pathetic. Will probably look for another pdf program as my time is too valuable to waste on a product which is too clumsy to be involved with.

Pros: All round a very good program and easy to use.

Cons: Previous copy suddenly stopped working 5 months after installation. Assumed perhaps expiry date may have been reached so bought a new copy. Activation code not sent for newly purchased copy. Support response just heaps of pro-forma pre written garbage messages from auto responder.

by LULU Software on 27/05/2020

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. I can see that your problem has been resolved in the meantime, but rest assured, that this review will help us to improve our customer service. This is very important to us.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Peter O.
CIO
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/09/2020

"Mixed Feelings"

Comments: mixed

Pros: Work well when its not kicking you out the the free version

Cons: Product disconnects regularly and requires you to re log in . This is EXTREMELY annoying and interrupts your working day.

by LULU Software on 16/09/2020

Thanks for your Review of Soda PDF. I will make sure your comments will be forwarded to our Development Team. This will help us to improve our software. Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 3/09/2020
Ken E.
Database Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 7/06/2017

"FREE functionality is very good!"

Comments: It gave me the capability to transmit PDF files that are password protected.
Also, it provided a PDF print device.

Pros: I needed software to allow me to protect PDF files to prevent opening by an unintended party. I was able to add just the security module .
It is also a plus that it includes a PDF print device, especially since I am still using Windows 7.

Cons: Actually there are a few things.
1) It does not remember the directory used for new output files.
2) Highlighting is not included with the FREE functionality. It is with Acrobat Reader.
3) The first time output is directed to the PDF printer, the software is very slow to load.

• Reviewed on 7/06/2017
Verónica M.
Attorney
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"It offers many features"

Comments: It is a very important software for my work, since I can correct the mistakes I have made and manipulate all the PDF documents as I wish. I really like the large number of functionalities offered with this software, SODA PDF replaces many other small softwares that offer only one or two of its functionalities.

Pros: It offers an executable software and a very good web interface to handle PDF files. It is a very reliable solution that also allows you to convert to a wide range of file types, edit the content of PDF documents, add digital signatures, add security to documents and even recognize text thanks to its integrated OCR functionality.

Cons: I have no negative points to highlight from this software. I believe that the editing of the text in PDF could be improved, since the edition of the font is not always compatible, so the changes made in the document are noted.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Chris H.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2019

"You don't get what you pay for"

Comments: What part of TERRIBLE should I explain.

Pros: I have yet to find anything about this product to like.

Cons: Everything. Incredibly slow on all levels. The slowest piece of software we've ever used. Just took us 25 minutes to uninstall. Crashes the most of any software we run. Had to uninstall and reinstall 6 times before it functioned properly. The worst part has been the customer service. I took an average of three days for them to respond to every support ticket we submitted. All we ever received was an incredibly bad attitude and the statement "go re-read the instruction manual".
The last incident was never resolved even after going back and forth for over two weeks. I asked for a refund and was told "we don't give refunds of any kind for any reason after the 30 use period. Decided to go back to Adobe and have had a great and seamless experience thus far. Yes, we're paying more, but we're far more productive. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

by LULU Software on 25/11/2019

We are very sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience with our software and our customer service. Rest assured, we are taking such feedback very seriously and are investigating the case.
We already wrote back to you, apologized and offered you compensation for your inconvenience.
We hope you can accept our apologies.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2019
Jan V.
Finance
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Paid but it only worked for a month"

Comments: Stay away from this company.

Pros: Not a lot. Its was very slow and did not have a lot of funcionality

Cons: 1 month down the line and its not working. Paid nearly $90. It very slow software. Struggled to use it. Not user friendly. Logged a complaint because its not working and nobody even got back to me.

by LULU Software on 25/11/2019

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our services. I found your request for support (case number 1147377) which we answered the next day. Plese also check your spam if you did not receive our answer. We will be happy to help you after receipt of your answer. Please reply to our email, provide us with your order ID and we will be able to help you very quickly.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Joe W.
Administration Officer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016

"Great PDF manipulation"

Comments: How frustrating is it when you need to edit a line of txt in a pdf and have to revert back to the original word document etc. Well Soda PDF is great for these tasks. Merging pdf single pages into a single document. This software is now one of my most used on a daily basis, I find it opens pages quicker than any other pdf reader and having the ability to edit make sit as near to perfect as can be for me.

Pros: Editing of PDFs

Cons: Sometimes crashes my email

• Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Chris Watson
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Complete PDF solution"

Comments: Excellent. Happily recommend this software to anyone.

Pros: Such a great piece of software. In addition to all the common features of a conventional pdf reader and converter, what I love about Soda PDF, is that it will allow you to edit virtually any pdf document and capture wording from all sorts of documents (even ones which were originally scanned). Really helpful.

Cons: Nothing, I've not yet found a time when it didn't solve the problem at hand. Sometimes I do get a little frustrated by all the pop-ups about the latest version is ready to install (happens a lot!)

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/05/2020

"Great software/very user friendly."

Comments: Great product!

Pros: I like that it is easy to convert documents to PDF, Excel or an image and to password protect your documents.

Cons: It is sometimes slow to open.

• Reviewed on 7/05/2020
Tony G.
Data Analytics Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Reliable online PDF software for Business Users"

Pros: The best reason why you use Soda PDF is for the online options. It doesn't matter where you are or what computer you are on. No matter what, you are able to securely add, edit, and create the PDFs that you need. Great for business users on the go.

Cons: The licensing options are not geared toward personal use. It seems marketed and priced for the business users. Support is pretty good, but not the best. You can't seem to get a hold of them except thru some restricted business hours.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2018
Cesar a S.
Analista
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"Many things to do in your pdf with SODA"

Pros: The amount of functiong that SODA pdf offer for you to edit your files is huge, you can divide, merge, compressed, unlock, protect, sing, export, convert from so many formats and so on, it is very useful, and the process of edition it is very quick and the results is what you are looking for.

Cons: Unfortunately the premium version for me is too expensive, I every time that I have to use the software I have to be connected to the internet.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Levy T.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"One of the worst experience ever with a paying piece of software"

Comments: This software is completely unusable. It does not let me modify my PDF document. It either generates a faulty edit (not the right font, garbled lay out) or it simply crashes unexpectedly.
I am a paying customer. I started using the online version that did not work at all, so I decided to install a windows version on my PC, which completely defeats the purpose of this purchase because I wanted an online tool. Even the PC version is completely unusable. It crashed repeatedly, making it even worse than the online version.

Pros: ease of use if it worked, not too expensive at $40/year

Cons: This product is the most buggy piece of software I have used in many years.

by LULU Software on 10/02/2020

I am very sorry that you are having problems with Soda PDF. However, I can see that our support agents already helped you and provided you with a refund.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2020
Jean f V.
Professor
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2019

"Your softrware is the worse ever. It is more than a scam."

Comments: Not good.

Pros: There is nothing to like about your software. Your customer service agents are rude.

Cons: You are in the business to steal people's money and niot to deliver and keep any of your promises.

by LULU Software on 4/11/2019

I am terribly sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our product. Rest assured, I have found your account and I have also reviewed your interactions with our customer support agents. I will contact you directly, via the email you have provided, and help to resolve your issues in a timely and courteous manner.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2019
Dhruv G.
Sales Executive
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"A very good pdf application"

Pros: well laid out menu items and easy to use modern interface
good pdf converter
Many good tools like stamp tool

Cons: epub incompatibility
Can't think of any other shortcoming at this time as it is a very good alternative for popular pdd programs like adobe pdf

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017