PDFelement Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About PDFelement

#1 Adobe® Acrobat® alternative: PDFelement is your all-in-one PDF solution. Create, edit, convert, and sign PDF files in a better way.

Learn more about PDFelement

Shannon S.
Farming, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"I love this program"

Comments: It has helped me be able to make brochures for the shops that carry my products. I can help them with advertising and make it work for their settings.

Pros: I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features! I so appreciate the helpful tips that the company sends through email as well.

Cons: I'm not that techy or design-savvy- it does exactly what I need it to do, and I don't need a lot of experience to figure it out. No cons as far as I am concerned.

by Wondershare on 19/08/2019

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Johanne L.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Review for Free Gift (prefer a Windows Version Please)"

Comments: I like pdfElement. So far it's introduced no malware into my Mac like the Adobe and extensions were causing. With the exception of this survey request, I've received no replies to my questions via email to your customer support team. This is not acceptable.

Pros: I like the "page" layout that allows moving of pages within the document and inserting new pages.

Cons: 1. The inability to "word search" within documents (or at least I haven't figured it out) . 2. The on screen "docusign" signature feature. I cannot figure it out and it is not user friendly to set up document signatures! Very complicated and cumbersome. 3. The inability to have one license (Mac or Windows) to serve me. I have to use 2 different operating systems (one for Mac and one for laptop WIN) in order to access each of the 34 carriers' platforms/systems. Having to purchase 2 separate licenses is costly and one license should permit at least 2 systems or 2 systems of differing platforms. 4. Customer support/communications: non-existinet

by Wondershare on 19/08/2019

Thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours.
If you didn't receive the email, you will find the email in your trash box. Could you please tell me your ticket number?

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Tyne R.
Program Manager
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"Great software that does everything I need it to do"

Comments: This is a quality product, well-thought out and well-executed. I especially recommend it to educators, as they have great education pricing options for both individuals, students, and institutions.

Pros: It is very easy to convert documents and add text to existing PDF files. That is my main use. I've been impressed with the OCR technology and how accurate it has been. I continue to use this product at least weekly, and sometimes daily. I started using it when my organization suddenly went virtual and was completely unprepared for 'paperless.' Having worked in a paperless organization previously, I knew what I needed to make the transition smoother, but couldn't afford the software I had previously used. PDFelement was the perfect solution. I love that they have BOTH how-to videos and how-to articles. I typically like to read how to do something, and have been frustrated with how many programs have switched to video-only Help sections.

Cons: I really wish there was an web-based option, even if there were features missing. Especially in today's environment, I switch locations often and do not always have my laptop available when I want to be able to edit a PDF. The fact you have to download the software is my only con. There is a mobile app, though.

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
Harry S.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"PDFelement 6 has issues"

Comments: I work with PDF documents every day. I don't use a lot of the advanced features, but when I do need them, I want them to work flawlessly, intuitively and efficiently. PDF Element 6 does NOT meet those requirements.

Pros: The cost was reasonable since I purchased it on sale. It allows up to 15 tabs to be open at one time and allows multiple instances of the program to run simultaneously.

Cons: 1. It doesn't retain pinned documents. After a while, they become unpinned. Tech support is of no help. They say they can't duplicate the issue and just STOPPED helping me. Now, they ignore my service tickets for help.
2. It doesn't show all the open "tabbed" documents. They tend to disappear and then reappear.
3. Conversion from PDF to a document if very poor, especially to Word. The documents are unusable. A client used their program (Nitro Pro) for me and it was perfect. It's embarrassing when my client has to do a task that they are paying me to do.
4. Creating and using a "stamp" for a signature if very difficult and doesn't work well.
5. Converting a PDF to a form doesn't work well. It takes a lot of work (an hour or longer) to get it usable.
6. Every time the program is upgraded/updated it wipes out the setting for the default PDF program in Windows 10 (latest build)
7. The vertical scroll bar is very small and difficult to "grab" with my cursor. It would be easier to use if it was wider, or at least expanded when the cursor was close to it.
8. The program can run multiple instances, but still limits the total number of documents to 15.
9. I have a lot of issues trying to edit a PDF. It creates blocks of information instead of allowing free-form data entry/manipulation.
10. In PAGE mode, the images of the pages are so small that it's difficult to find the page I'm looking for. There isn't a zoom function so I spend too much time switching back and forth.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Wale A.
Editor
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2020

"PDFelement makes it easy editing PDF files"

Comments: My overall expereince with has been positive.

Pros: PDFelement is easy to work with. The UI is intuitive and even if you've not used a similar program before, you should be able to get the hang of it within a short time. As I mostly use it for editing invoices before sending, filling PDF forms, and signing documents, I find it more than enough for my needs.

Cons: It's hard to fault this program, really. So far, I have no complaints.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2020
Daniel I.
Import & Export, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"EXCELLENT SOFTWARE WITH MANY FEATURES - CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT"

Comments: I HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION WHICH WORKS GREAT , WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BEING ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE IMPROVE THIS SERVICE AND OFFER A TRANSPARENT LINK FOR CONTACT SOMEWHERE ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Pros: I USE PDF ELEMENT EVERYDAY AND THE SOFTWARE IS EXCELLENT. FROM TIME TO TIME THE NEW UPDATES CONTAINED BUGS AND COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10. THE MOST FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WAS GETTING IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE TO RESOLVE OR REPORT THE PROBLEM. THERE IS NO CLEAR PATH NOR ON:LINE CHAT SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND REINSTALL . I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Cons: VERY FLEXIBLE EDITING PLATFORM< THIS WORKS GREAT.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Eva K.
Director of Youth Ministry
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/01/2020

"PDFelement an affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat"

Comments: Adobe Acrobat stopped updating because it was not optimized for my new Mac operating system when I updated it. So I went to update it and the price 1) had gone up significantly and 2) they are trying to lock you into a monthly subscription. I was absolutely NOT interested. So I looked at PDF editor alternatives and came across PDFelement. It has been a great option for me. I create a lot of PDF forms and have to edit old documents. I am grateful to have found this product.

Pros: Affordable options for either subscription or license. Compatible with Mac. Professional options for more advanced editing of documents. Team options and ability to purchase for 20+ users.

Cons: There is a small learning curve if you are used to using Adobe Acrobat for so long. But it is a very small curve. No notable cons.

• Reviewed on 8/01/2020
Scott W.
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/11/2019

"Huge Time Saver"

Comments: I am solving time by being able to make a quick edit to an existing PDF form where use to have to start from square one.

Pros: Great Value compared to other platforms. Ease of use along with regular how to blogs and videos that are sent out by the company. It saves me a ton of time being able to make a simple change to the many real estate forms and brochures where I would otherwise have to start over. I think the program has improved since I first bought the lifetime option about 2+ years ago. I am glad I did so. I use their Filmora Pro for my video editing which is how I found out about this alternative to the much more expensive and harder to use Adobe program.

Cons: It can sometime be a little slow to load when you have a brochure that has a large number of high resolution photos.

• Reviewed on 8/11/2019
Dana B.
Owner, Educator
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy to use pdf converter/editor"

Pros: The ease of converting pdf to Word or Excel files, and vice versa.

Cons: Every time I open the software, it seems to take a long time to load.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Multimedia Advertising Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 1/07/2019

"Very easy to use and navigate"

Comments: I am now able to generate sales collateral and incorporate advantages for as many different industries as I need without having to spend days on the process

Pros: Without being inundated with useless features, PDFelement provides exactly what I need; a quick download with every feature and function I need to customize sales collateral, on the fly, for various industries.

Cons: I have yet to encounter something I don’t like

• Reviewed on 1/07/2019
Yury K.
  • Reviewed on 1/03/2018

"Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro meets all the needs for working with PDF documents."

Comments: PDFelement Pro is definitely a powerful program to work with PDF documents, has an intuitive interface and a beautiful modern design and, despite the large number of features, it looks very neat. If you're looking for a powerful pDF editor, this is what you need. PDFelement Pro is suitable for work, both for professionals and ordinary users, both for commercial organizations and for private users.

Pros: Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro program is mostly devoid of shortcomings and is highly appreciated in the work.
The program is lightweight, has great functionality and high speed.
Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro is an editor that can do anything or almost anything with PDF.
Wondershare PDFelement is a General PDF document editing program, an office tool from the all-in-one series. Editing features include support for text and font changes.
The program supports OCR technology (optical character recognition), there is a mode of converting a document into various popular file formats from simple and secure PDF.(Supports the following formats: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, HTML, RTF, EPUB, HWP, HWPX, Image and text documents), there is support for adding pictures in a document, you can number the pages to move quickly in the future.
PDFelement is able to convert more than 300 different document and image formats including Word, Excel and PowerPoint to PDF. The resulting documents are fully compatible with Adobe Reader, Acrobat, and other current viewers.
In addition to the above functions, PDFelement 6 Pro is implemented:
- Convert PDF documents.
- Edit the content.
- Merge multiple files of different formats into a single PDF.
- Removal of pages.
- Protect PDF with a password.
- Patterns and shapes.
- Electronic digital signature.
Plug - in OCR.
With PDFelement PRO 6 convert PDF documents to formats has become easy and manageable.

Cons: Would not be an objective review if you do not specify some of the shortcomings and mistakes. There are not many of them, but to mention them.
Some symbols after OCR are displayed incorrectly and have to be corrected manually. However, this is not critical.
There may be some errors in conversion with optical character recognition when converting tables. Sometimes there are some disadvantages of the style, where the fonts are replaced by non-similar signs. There are also conversion errors that contain more than one table.
The navigation bar (scroll) on the pages of a PDF document can be made a little wider for convenience.

• Reviewed on 1/03/2018
Hiro K.
Researcher
Public Policy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"It's a good product to choose for people who are tired of ripping off."

Pros: PDFelement's value for money has been a large pro for me. Moreover, it does provide all the needed functionalities and goes beyond other PDF readers. I particuarly get frustrated when some readers mess up the original documents and provide no way to edit. Yet, PDFelement just does the work. Some features like digital signatures, watermarking, covering photos into PDF and etc. are really nice as often not available in free software.

Cons: I often find those services frustrating because of poor customer services. However, PDFelement's customer services are good and rapid. Of course, you don't meet always what you want due to several reasons, but they still try to solve. Hence, so far I don't have any problem with it.

John T.
Piano Player
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"I use PDFelement almost daily for various files"

Pros: I like the page manipulation, and the editing features. It saves me time from having to do all my work in a graphics program before converting to pdf files. Mostly I produce sheet music and lyrics for performance use by myself and other musicians, but I also use it for contracts and other business docs.

Cons: It's a screen and printer hog. For example: I use a lot of kybd shortcuts and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 combinations to navigate away from PDFelement. It also doesn't like to load in the background, often taking over the screen while I'm working in another program. When printing, sometimes I prefer to use MS Print to PDF because I don't need to see the doc right away. Also, MS>PDF generally prints a smaller file size than PDFelement. On some programs (like Excel) it insists on being the default pdf printer, which means when I choose MS > PDF as the printer, no document is produced; I have to choose PDFelement as the printer .

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Sergio rafael E.
Abogado
Law Practice, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"PDF documents are easier to create and edit."

Pros: In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market. PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing documents in PDF format. The use of this software in our office has greatly improved our presentation and delivery of legal documents, as we can create them and add elements that strengthen the document such as the digital signature of our managers, photographs of administrative events which have to be approved or left in record, and modify documents that were already made. In general it is a first hand software that must be in our labor management since it complements and allows that our goals are fulfilled.

Cons: To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2018
Mathushan C.
Software Technician
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"My Real Review on PDFelement Sofware"

Comments: I am a Software Technician from SriLanka. I have to make invoices and documents for my customers daily. One my first week I struggled to choose a software for my all type of Documentation Work. After my friend shared this software on Gmail. Then I Tested this Sofware in a Trial Version and now I like this Software as best. I bought the premium version of it and still using it for more than 2 years.

Pros: I think it is the #01 Software to make and edit pdf Documents and Word Documents in a Laptop. I like most the Cloud Service on this Software and I have listed the Things I Like in this software. 1. Cloud Service
2. Can edit a Non Editable PDF
3. Add anything we want from the internet
4. Can add Signature

Cons: Yes. I think bits of Updates have to be done in this software. I have listed the things I would like to add to this Software. 1. Compatibility Of Linux OS
2. Fast Loading Feature
And there is nothing I have to tell about the things I would like to add to this software.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Matthew M.
IT Director
Media Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Great Alternative!"

Pros: This software is a great alternative for anyone that is looking to function with .pdf files. The Adobe suite keeps creaping up in price and this software works very well as a functional alternative!

Cons: I haven't found any items that I dislike. So far it has been working great.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Brian L.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Transitioning from Acrobat was easier than expected"

Comments: I didn't get to be robbed by Adobe for their software. Upon renting another current Adobe product, that application uninstalled my paid version Acrobat Pro. This is a very underhanded tactic to get users to purchase/lease new software. With WonderShare I get nearly immediate response to any problems I might have. I get a well developed software that has never crashed (can't say that about Acrobat) and once it was paid for, it was freely my own. This is a great product and I will continue to recommend it.

Pros: Everything that I look for in Acrobat without the ridiculous price or rental fees. It's fast and efficient and well thought out. Some of the layout could use tweaking but everything takes time and I'm very satisfied with how it works.

Cons: There are a couple glitches that can be frustrating. Although the software is updated regularly, upon each update/upgrade it loses its file association to PDFs. When printing from an application to PDF, very often if PDF Element is not open the print does not complete although the application does open. Obviously you can print a second time, but it is something to take note of. I keep a desktop folder of PDF files that gets updated daily and when using PDF Element is opened it defaults only to the desktop and not the same folder. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this default. And the biggest con for me that is the most annoying is that it does not support WIA or TWAIN and you cannot scan directly into the application to PDF like you would normally do with Acrobat.

by Wondershare on 9/07/2018

Hey Brian,

Glad to hear that you had an easy transition! Thank you for your detailed notes on printing PDFs. I've reported it to the developers who will take a look.

Best,
Rebecca

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
Wulliams C.
Coordinador de Promoción y Gestión Patrimonial
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Working with PDF documents is very easy thanks to this software"

Comments: Pdfelement 6 has marked important advances in my career as Community Manager, adding more complete features to the edition of PDF documents that I use, in most cases, to make presentations of profiles, images, public figures, companies and artifices that request of my profiles. Do not hesitate to acquire this software.

Pros: We must start with the main benefit of this software, which is the edition of PDF files, but it is not only the edition, but its comfortable interface, and how effective it is, without leaving details or bad editions. But do not be left alone with this, other benefits of this software would be: - You can edit objects based on images within the same PDF file, a powerful tool for the construction of PDF documents. - You can create PDF files from scratch, making them fully modifiable and customizable. -The mosaic screen allows not only to choose any project, but also to add simultaneity for editing, a very attractive tool to edit. -You can convert PDF documents in any other format.

Cons: This is another software which has no waste or weak points. Since I use this software, the benefits and benefits have been full, allowing me to make quality documents in a very easy way.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Margaret C.

"Much Needed"

Comments: Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros: The two functions I use the most:
1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG
2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around
In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons: So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs. I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Nigel C.
Commercial Manager
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"PDF Element 6 does the job"

Comments: I had business suppliers and customers send me their terms and conditions of trade, which before I was challenged to modify in the document, but today, I can now review and modify their documents with ease.

Pros: I used to be an avid Adobe Acrobat fan, however I started to use the free version of PDF Element to try and get at features which were not available on Adobe. I enjoyed the product so much that I purchased PDF Element 6 Pro and have been very pleased with its performance and capability. It has taken a bit of effrort to get used to working PDF Element 6 Pro, but I am pleased that I persevered with it, as its functionality is hands down better than Adobe who seem to have lost its way. As time progresses, the team at PDF Element have improved the functionality even more, and it is a joy to use. I have recommended this product to others whom now also enjoy its benefits.

Cons: Difficult to navigate around initially but gradually getting used to where controls are at. This only arose as a result of being such a long time user of Adobe, but today, I am finding it easier to navigate my way around this application. It has been worth while learning to use this application properly.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Kim D.
Finance Broker
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"What I like about PDFelement"

Comments: My business is information based, having software that allows me to collate numerous documents and present this information to a third party has helped tremendously.
Previous to the purchase of my Apple Mac I had a Windows based computer. The Cutepdf software used with Windows was not compatible with Apple so initially was without this feature. In fact I tried to do without it (save the money) however I soon realised how much I relied on the programme and how much time it saved me.

Pros: PDFelement is very easy to use. I can combine numerous documents and submit these under one category when submitting supporting documents with loan applications.
Another positive is being able to rearrange / delete pages. This is especially helpful when sorting pages of a scanned document that was printed on both sides.

Cons: I haven't found too many 'cons', it does all I need it to do.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Ujjwal K.
Webmaster and Owner
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Probably the best PDF editor out there"

Comments: PDFelement 6 is one of the best and also probably the best PDF editor I have ever used. The thing I loved about it the most is the UI, the functionality and the amazing extra functionality that it has. The OCR function for example is great to work with and it can easily recognize the accurate things from a scanned document using OCR easily.

Pros: The whole PDF editing experience with PDFelement 6 is so seamless and easy that it feels like you're using Microsoft Word to edit your docx files. There are a lot of this that this PDF editor does right. 1. It has a very nice user interface and it is very easy to use. The program is designed and developed in such a way that there is very less of a learning curve before you learn the whole program. 2. Apart from being a PDF editor, this program also has other important functionalities like OCR, data redacting capability and more. 3. Converting the PDF files to other formats like docx, xlxs, and even pptx is very simple and the program does a decent job to convert these files. 4. Wondershare pushes out important updates for the program every once in a while and these updates make the program even better.

Cons: There is not much of a downside to using this product but keep in mind that it is a PDF editor even though it has other functionalities like OCR etc. The conversion is good but it is not that great. The program does struggle a bit when it comes to converting complex documents like PDF to excel etc.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Rajkumar a T.
Technical Process Executive (Data - Search Analyst)
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/07/2019

"PDFelement by Wondershare provides you with Beautiful, simple, and lighter experience."

Pros: The first thing that attracts you about PDFelement is the GUI.
It is very beautiful to the eyes and clean and well-organized.
But more than that, it is so simple to use, coming with almost all the PDF solutions and features you would need. Definitely a 5/5 since I have been using it from quite long, and it has never disappointed. And yes, by lighter I mean the system memory it uses, and the setup file being clean and not bundled with bloatwares, etc..

Cons: I just wish it was portable too, and had a lifetime with free upgrades subscription also.

• Reviewed on 4/07/2019
Owner/Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"Great software and great price"

Comments: Add and replace pages with large PDF documents.

Pros: Great price with just about everything I need to edit PDFs, whether combining pages, or editing the actual document.

Cons: The add text feature is a bit cumbersome as you have to click off the existing box, then go back to the header, click the add text feature again, and then add text elsewhere. Also getting back into text boxes sometimes can be a mystery. I click the select tool, the add text tool, or a number of other options, and I can't seem to figure out what will actually work every time. Not the biggest deal, but something that would be nice to have improved.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Daniel S.
Principal
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees

"It works well for me"

Comments: I have been able to use the product for filling in forms where alternatives, such as Word, do not function as well.

Pros: PDFelement provides the best ability to create fillable forms that I have found. I use it all the time to facilitate data entry and collection.

Cons: I feel the learning curve could be a bit less steep.