PDFelement Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.1 /5

About PDFelement

#1 Adobe® Acrobat® alternative: PDFelement is your all-in-one PDF solution. Create, edit, convert, and sign PDF files in a better way.

Learn more about PDFelement

Shannon S.
Farming, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"I love this program"

Comments: It has helped me be able to make brochures for the shops that carry my products. I can help them with advertising and make it work for their settings.

Pros: I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features! I so appreciate the helpful tips that the company sends through email as well.

Cons: I'm not that techy or design-savvy- it does exactly what I need it to do, and I don't need a lot of experience to figure it out. No cons as far as I am concerned.

by Wondershare on 19/08/2019

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Bob S.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2021

"PDFelement a very dynamic software for documents"

Comments: It makes it easier for us to create PDF documents as projects are being implemented. It definitely gives us great satisfaction, it has been excellent to manage documents and corroborate pragmatism. A good software that can be the best in editing and creating PDF, can definitely be excellent for any type of business. I know you will like it and the price is really accessible for users.

Pros: It has been excellent for managing PDF documents in Windows, it is my preferred operating system and it runs with excellence. The software has been virtually perfect for creating and editing PDF documents. It has many internal guides to help you collaborate with users to manage the tools.

Cons: It is very difficult to use it in the Linux operating system according to the experience of my colleagues and co-workers.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2021
Harry S.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"PDFelement 6 has issues"

Comments: I work with PDF documents every day. I don't use a lot of the advanced features, but when I do need them, I want them to work flawlessly, intuitively and efficiently. PDF Element 6 does NOT meet those requirements.

Pros: The cost was reasonable since I purchased it on sale. It allows up to 15 tabs to be open at one time and allows multiple instances of the program to run simultaneously.

Cons: 1. It doesn't retain pinned documents. After a while, they become unpinned. Tech support is of no help. They say they can't duplicate the issue and just STOPPED helping me. Now, they ignore my service tickets for help.
2. It doesn't show all the open "tabbed" documents. They tend to disappear and then reappear.
3. Conversion from PDF to a document if very poor, especially to Word. The documents are unusable. A client used their program (Nitro Pro) for me and it was perfect. It's embarrassing when my client has to do a task that they are paying me to do.
4. Creating and using a "stamp" for a signature if very difficult and doesn't work well.
5. Converting a PDF to a form doesn't work well. It takes a lot of work (an hour or longer) to get it usable.
6. Every time the program is upgraded/updated it wipes out the setting for the default PDF program in Windows 10 (latest build)
7. The vertical scroll bar is very small and difficult to "grab" with my cursor. It would be easier to use if it was wider, or at least expanded when the cursor was close to it.
8. The program can run multiple instances, but still limits the total number of documents to 15.
9. I have a lot of issues trying to edit a PDF. It creates blocks of information instead of allowing free-form data entry/manipulation.
10. In PAGE mode, the images of the pages are so small that it's difficult to find the page I'm looking for. There isn't a zoom function so I spend too much time switching back and forth.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Dana B.
Owner, Educator
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy to use pdf converter/editor"

Pros: The ease of converting pdf to Word or Excel files, and vice versa.

Cons: Every time I open the software, it seems to take a long time to load.

Wulliams C.
Coordinador de Promoción y Gestión Patrimonial
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2018

"Working with PDF documents is very easy thanks to this software"

Comments: Pdfelement 6 has marked important advances in my career as Community Manager, adding more complete features to the edition of PDF documents that I use, in most cases, to make presentations of profiles, images, public figures, companies and artifices that request of my profiles. Do not hesitate to acquire this software.

Pros: We must start with the main benefit of this software, which is the edition of PDF files, but it is not only the edition, but its comfortable interface, and how effective it is, without leaving details or bad editions. But do not be left alone with this, other benefits of this software would be: - You can edit objects based on images within the same PDF file, a powerful tool for the construction of PDF documents. - You can create PDF files from scratch, making them fully modifiable and customizable. -The mosaic screen allows not only to choose any project, but also to add simultaneity for editing, a very attractive tool to edit. -You can convert PDF documents in any other format.

Cons: This is another software which has no waste or weak points. Since I use this software, the benefits and benefits have been full, allowing me to make quality documents in a very easy way.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2018
Kim D.
Finance Broker
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"What I like about PDFelement"

Comments: My business is information based, having software that allows me to collate numerous documents and present this information to a third party has helped tremendously.
Previous to the purchase of my Apple Mac I had a Windows based computer. The Cutepdf software used with Windows was not compatible with Apple so initially was without this feature. In fact I tried to do without it (save the money) however I soon realised how much I relied on the programme and how much time it saved me.

Pros: PDFelement is very easy to use. I can combine numerous documents and submit these under one category when submitting supporting documents with loan applications.
Another positive is being able to rearrange / delete pages. This is especially helpful when sorting pages of a scanned document that was printed on both sides.

Cons: I haven't found too many 'cons', it does all I need it to do.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Matthew H.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Overall, PDFelement has worked very will for me, as an inexpensive substitute for Adobe Acrobat."

Comments: Saving cost versus Adobe Acrobat, the industry standard.

Pros: Cost is the primary reason for using PDF element, versus other options. It does reasonably well at combining & editing files.

Cons: It is still somewhat buggy, and does not always work intuitively. The most annoying bug is that despite setting the default text size & color, it will not automatically use that default. I prefer a red color font for adding text. However, it always wants to use black, forcing me to edit the color afterwards.

Daniel N.
doctor
Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2019

"good app to edit pdfs"

Comments: Excelent, intuitive, well organized and once you get the hang of it really easy to use. Remember the free version watermark

Pros: Really easy interface to be able to edit pdf on the fly. I usually edit my pdfs so that they can be editable through a tablet and this program has everything i need. It does come with a payed version to remove the watermark, but all features come free with the donwload. Its as easy as getting your pdf and exporting itinto PDF Element and beggin editing. You can also view you pdf. Really good alterantive vrs other products that offer the same but on a more expensive price

Cons: Not much to complain about the app. It worked perfectly and it makes wht it is isaid to do. Really easy costumization.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2019
Brian J.
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Good add to digital toolbox."

Comments: Mostly simple stuff: managing PDFs and filling forms, with the occasional need to create a from-scratch PDF doc.

Pros: Better user experience than most of the other PDF software I've used. One-click access to the stuff I use the most often, with clear menu options (nomenclature makes sense) and options where I expect to find them. Super-solid at enabling form fill.

Cons: A little slow to load and opening some PDFs takes a second or two longer than some other competitors. Not a big deal, but probably worth knowing if you're opening a lot of PDFs every day.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Mark A.
Owner / Vice President
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"I like the software and the ease at which it works"

Comments: Edit and or convert files into a PDF Format.

Pros: It is very easy to use. I use it alot to edit a pdf after it was created in a different program. I also have to add pages to the existing file and it is easy to use.

Cons: When I open up a pdf that was created I can't always get the right font size and or the character type. I get close but it doesn't match perfectly.

Ravi K.
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Easy and Productive PDF Editor"

Comments: It is a great experience and our productivity has increased with PDFelement. It decreased our dependency on others while editing and changing information on pdf documents. We can edit documents without losing quality and it is good software that is very easy to use.

Pros: We Need to Edit our company Head Letters and project documents on a regular basis and every time we need to depend on designers who edit and paste information. But, with pdf element, it became easy for us to do PDF editing on our own. Modifying and removing pages, and convert them to other formats is easy.
It's fast and easy even for nontechnical persons.

Cons: It would be nice if it has more image editing features and sometimes editing text and adjusting font with colors according to the requirement is not convenient.

Douglas C.
Creator, Author, Owner
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2020

"PDFelement Does What I Need!"

Comments: An online search for a product that would allow me to edit, sign and convert documents found me PDFelements and a review of their website told me all I needed to know to believe this was the product I needed. Since then, I have used it sparingly, but love that it is at the ready when I need it. It gets the job done and delivers on what I need it to do.

Pros: PDFelement allows you to easily and seamlessly create, edit, convert and sign PDF documents on computer. It is easy to use with an intuitive functionality that gets you up and running very quickly.

Cons: I have not discovered anything about PDFelement to dislike or that I think needs improvement. It's a comprehensive and intuitive program that delivers.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2020
Jeff C.
Operations Manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Excellent PDF Software. Way better than Adobe Acrobat Pro and way cheaper, too! Highly recommend!"

Comments: We dropped our monthly Adobe software subscription and wanted just Acrobat Pro. Way too expensive. Saved a tremendous amount of money by going with Element, and the extra benefit was this is a superior piece of software.

Pros: Great features. Excellent for all types of document management. Fast on tasks like combine and create PDFs. Easy page navigation and management. Overall just an excellent piece of software.

Cons: The Add Text feature is a little lame. Having to click on it each time to add text seems underdeveloped. This could be greatly improved. Click on it one time and it should be activated for as long as you are adding text to a document. Also, at times I experience weird font issues where it will change fonts or change bold/regular while editing text. I think overall the graphic design/text management could be improved upon. It's not bad, it's just that it could be way better.

by Wondershare on 9/07/2018

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion on the "Add Text" feature, I totally agree with you!

Daniel M.
Medical Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 5/07/2019

"Good for keeping technical and medical papers, travel documents, oversized papers."

Pros: PDFelement provides a very convenient way to copy medical records, journal articles and other professional papers to my computer. Scanning articles in journals and books on a scanner is not always possible: with this app I can collect and file them easily. I have also used it when traveling, to copy my daily journals (“day sheets”) day by day, email them to myself at home, and thus be sure that if they are damaged or lost while traveling, I still have copies. I also copy travel documents in this manner. Copying oversized documents is easy with the app, not so easy on a traditional scanner.

Cons: No negatives so far. Works well for my needs.

• Reviewed on 5/07/2019
Anne C.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Overall, an excellent alternative to Adobe products. Basic version has all I need on a daily basis."

Comments: This product saved me a substantial sum of money. I'm a professional writer and copy editor, and most of the client files I work with come to me in PDF format. Being able to make comments, insertions and deletions in the document saves me time and saves the client money. I can't afford to purchase the Adobe package, so this is a great alternative for me.

Pros: It has the features I use the most: in-line text editing, ability to mark up client proofs and return in a format they can read, combine files, easily convert from other programs to PDF files and vice versa. If you've worked with other PDF software, this should be fairly easy to use. The pricing for the basic version is reasonable, and the combination of features and pricing is a good value.

Cons: Some of the editing features aren't intuitive and/or easy to access/figure out how to use. The program freezes up on certain functions, and I have to close and re-open files to accomplish a task. There are too many updates. It seems like every time I open a file, I'm prompted to update. I wish the publisher would batch updates and/or think ahead more so that they could make numerous changes at one time instead of the dribs and drabs they come in.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
David R.
Principle Consultant
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"PDFelement 6 is a great product. It is easy to use and has more features than than Adobes's product"

Comments: It increased my productivity and saved me time by not having to print things out and scan them in.

Pros: It has many great features including the ability to merge multiple PDF files. I can also edit PDF files. I use it every day.

Cons: I can't think of any negative features. It's a great product. I works the way I expect it to without any problems.

Toni P.
Account Manager
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2018

"PDFelement 6"

Comments: Mostly positive. I'm not a high level user so sometimes it can be frustrating trying to figure things out and I am not able to always find the answer on the website.

Pros: Software is pretty user friendly and the Wondershare is good about sending emails providing instruction on how to complete certain tasks and use certain features.

Cons: When converting from Excel to pdf the document comes up a blank page until I change the page view percentage. Only seems to happen with Excel.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2018
Vikram J.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"Excellent PDF Conversion Software"

Pros: Excellent PDF Conversion Software that lets you convert all pages in a PDF to JPEGS as a single process this saving you time and money. It maintains Image quality and I am very happy with the converted image size so far.

Cons: There should be an automated way to convert PDF to Images to Word Doc File with the images.

by Wondershare on 19/08/2019

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you loved your experience.
We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.
So thankful for your kind encouragement again!

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Brian C.
Physician
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Great for reviewing articles"

Pros: Use it to review articles all the time and I like the functionality of highlighting. I also like when making PPT for teaching etc, easy to export pic's to desktop etc. I use it mainly for reviewing articles, converting articles to other formats, or presentation creation.

Cons: Nothing really except I would make it easier to highlight and export the highlights (important!!! so those of us can then print, export, etc. notes for later review... no PDF programs really do this well). ow, no cons. The developers are really good re: providing free timely updates for any issues. The conversion to other formats always works but sometimes you need to rearrange some things (unclear if this is the pdf or program but a minor issue).

Tara W.
President & CEO
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

"It is ok"

Comments: just being able to edit my pdfs on my mac. still not as good as the product i use on my pc, but ok.

Pros: I do like being able to edit my PDF, I happy that you added the Signature Feature. Another good feature is being able to convert to more than just Word.

Cons: I feel the prior version has less bugs than the new version and I wish I had made note of them all. Trouble locating the new options in the edit menus i.e. "Signature" is under "more" in "Comments" not quite intuitive and the program crashes a lot. Still not able to effectively manage fonts because I can pick on font and get something completely different when it prints or after saving.

Beth G.
Asst. Treasurer
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"We needed a way to enter information on PDF files."

Comments: The ability to add to and edit PDF files with ease.

Pros: How easy it is to navigate through any function. Merging pages together is probably my favorite function.

Cons: I do wish there was a cut function so you could move things around pages easier. That would be very helpful

by Wondershare on 9/07/2018

Hey Beth,

Glad to hear that it's easy to navigate through the software! Just wanted to clarify the "cut" suggestion that you have given - we have the option to cut and paste in PDFelement (accessed through selecting the object, then doing a right click), are you looking for something different?

User Engagement

Roy C.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Meets our needs very effectively"

Comments: We regularly receive PDF documents that we must convert to Excel for upload into databases. We also have occasional need to edit PDF files or convert to other file formats.

Pros: We use this as our primary tool to manage and edit PDF documents. We also use the conversion tools to convert from PDF to Excel. This alignment and quality seems better than alternatives we have tried for the specific documents we convert each month.

Cons: A little slow to load but no slower than other options with such robust features.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Kristen A.
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Had difficulty transitioning from the free trial program, but now use it with ease."

Pros: The editing tools and combining documents tool are extremely helpful and easy to use, as is the page view. I also like that you can rotate documents and the save them in the new orientation.

Cons: I had difficulty communicating with the support person when I had problems transitioning from the free trial program to the purchased program, so I was unable to use the program for a month or two. I believe there was a language barrier.

by Wondershare on 29/05/2018

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our customer support team. We have an incredibly diverse and global team, so I appreciate your understanding and hope that we can provide you with a better experience in future interactions!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
George T.
Software Developer
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/04/2020

"A good choice for PDF editing and forms creation."

Comments: Overall, i think that this tool has a lot to offer. It is a very affordable solution for many businesses that regularly work with PDF files.

Pros: First of all, PDFelement is a magnificent tool that is suitable for professional and non-professional use. The GUI is pretty and well organised, not to mention that the navigation is quite simple. Moreover, it offers the ability to edit PDF documents as well as to create forms very quickly. Finally, not only it supports conversion but it also has many editing options like highlighting, inserting images, watermark removal etc. Generally speaking, it is a promising tool and i highly recommend it.

Cons: Although it has many capabilities as a tool, i think there are some drawbacks. In some cases editing is a bit confusing and the variety of the files supported is not that big. Furthermore during conversions there are often mismatches between characters. Finally the scrolling bar could be a bit wider.

• Reviewed on 3/04/2020
Dennis M.
CIO
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2018

"Great product but missing scanning of multiple pages via ADF"

Pros: This an easy to use product. Editing of a document is a breeze. In fact, it is much easier than your major competition - Adobe. The cost is affordable.

Cons: My major complaint is the lack of support for a scanner's automatic document feeder (ADF). The inability to scan more than one page (without intervention) has steered me awat from using this in my business environment. Fix this an it becomes an option!

by Wondershare on 29/05/2018

Hey Dennis,

Thank you for your feedback regarding support for a scanner's automatic document feeder. I have made a note for our developers to look into it. Let me know if you have any additional suggestions.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2018